Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dna-protocol-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detecting Network Attachment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6 Networks (DNAv6)
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dna-protocol-06.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2007-6-26
	
Efficient detection of network attachment in IPv6 needs the following
   three components: a method for hosts to detect link change in the
   presence of unmodified (non-DNAv6) routers, a method for the host to
   query routers on the link to identify the link (Link Identification)
   and a method for the routers on the link to consistently respond to
   such a query with minimal delay (Fast RA).  Solving the link
   identification based strictly on RFC 2461 is difficult because of the
   flexibility offered to routers in terms of prefixes advertised in a
   router advertisement (RA) message.  Similarly, the random delay in
   responding to router solicitation messages imposed by RFC 2461 makes
   it difficult to receive an RA quickly.  In this memo, a mechanism
   that requires the hosts to monitor all the prefixes advertised on the
   link and use it for link identification in the presence of non-DNAv6
   routers is presented.  A more efficient link-identification mechanism
   requiring the DNAv6 routers to monitor the link for advertised
   prefixes to assist the hosts in link identification combined with a
   fast router advertisement mechanism that selects the order of
   response for the router deterministically is also presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-protocol-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dna-protocol-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-protocol-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce