Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roy-simple-presencerss-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Motivation for RSS Feed for Presence State
	Author(s)	: A. Roychowdhury
	Filename	: draft-roy-simple-presencerss-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-6-5
	
   RSS Feeds have always played an important role in providing users 
   content related updates typically of Websites without having to visit 
   those websites manually. Typical examples of RSS usage include users 
   'subscribing' to the RSS feed of a website, say, CNN.com and thereby 
   automatically receiving 'news headlines' when the content changes. 

   Recently, there have been significant innovations (such as Yahoo 
   Pipes and Google Mash-up Editor) where RSS feeds from different 
   sources have been combined to produce new services in a 'Web Based 
   Service Creation Environment' model allowing users to create 
   interesting services building on top of 'primitives' that can be 
   represented on the Web.  

   This document describes the motivation for an RSS feed for Presence 
   information, which the authors believe would be useful to create new 
   services using a similar environment described above. 

   Note that architecturally, it is also possible that the reverse 
   situation, i.e. RSS feed converted to a Presence state is also 
   useful, typically for services that could be triggered at the 
   Presentity based on certain conditions. However, this document 
   focuses on the former, i.e. Presence state to RSS feed. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roy-simple-presencerss-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-roy-simple-presencerss-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roy-simple-presencerss-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce