Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A TCP Test to Allow Senders to Identify Receiver Non-Compliance
	Author(s)	: T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename	: draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-01.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2007-6-7
	
The TCP protocol relies on receivers sending accurate and timely
   feedback to the sender.  Currently the sender has no means to verify
   that a receiver is correctly sending this feedback according to the
   protocol.  A receiver that is non-compliant has the potential to
   disrupt a sender's resource allocation, increasing its transmission
   rate on that connection which in turn could adversely affect the
   network itself.  This document presents a two stage test process that
   can be used to identify whether a receiver is non-compliant.  The
   tests enshrine the principle that one shouldn't attribute to malice
   that which may be accidental.  The first stage test causes minimum
   impact to the receiver but raises a suspicion of non-compliance.  The
   second stage test can then be used to verify that the receiver is
   non-compliant.  This specification does not modify the core TCP
   protocol - the tests can either be implemented as a test suite or as
   a stand-alone test through a simple modification to the sender
   implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce