Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-floreani-ancp-wireless-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:08:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extension of ANCP for Satellite and Terrestrial Wireless Modem Networks 
	Author(s)	: D. Floreani, L. Wood
	Filename	: draft-floreani-ancp-wireless-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-6-29

       The Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) has been developed primarily 
       for the Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) environment, with varying line 
       conditions where the system that uses ANCP consists of DSLAMs (DSL 
       access multiplexers) and terminal equipment.  In this scenario, the 
       channel conditions on subscriber lines vary, forcing changes and 
       adaptations in line rates at the modem equipment, and affecting 
       services offered.  Satellite communications service providers have 
       very similar issues and are also based around hubs, with satellite 
       terminals.  This application of ANCP could also be extended to point-
       to-point radio services in both the satellite and terrestrial domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floreani-ancp-wireless-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-floreani-ancp-wireless-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-floreani-ancp-wireless-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce