Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bryan-sipping-midi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Telephony Tones Using MIDI in SIP
	Author(s)	: C. Jennings, D. Bryan
	Filename	: draft-bryan-sipping-midi-01.txt
	Pages		: 68
	Date		: 2007-6-4
	
This document describes conventions for using MIDI to generate tones
   on SIP UAs.  This does not define any changes to SIP but describes
   how to use the existing Alert-Info header to play tones that can be
   used to indicate specialized PSTN tones such as the ringback tones
   from various countries.  The tones are described using MIDI which
   results in a compact representation that is simple for a UA to
   generate and easy to render into audio.

   This work is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.
   This draft was revived at request of a few people so it could be
   discussed.  Parts of it need to be updated since it was written in
   2003.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-sipping-midi-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bryan-sipping-midi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bryan-sipping-midi-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce