Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-btns-abstract-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:08:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Better-Than-Nothing Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An interface between applications and keying systems
	Author(s)	: M. Richardson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-btns-abstract-api-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-6-29
	
   The "BTNS" (Better Than Nothing Security) protocols specifies how to
   use IKEv1 and IKEv2 to do unauthenticated IPsec.  This document
   explains in the abstract (no language bindings are provided) how an
   application may learn that BTNS IPsec has been applied to a
   conversation, such that the application can plan to do it's own
   authentication using a channel binding.  In addition, applications
   can use this API (Application Programming Interface) to request BTNS
   treatment of the applications' connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-abstract-api-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-btns-abstract-api-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-abstract-api-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce