Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Authorization Policies to tackle Spam for Internet Telephony and Unwanted Traffic
	Author(s)	: T. Froment, et al.
	Filename	: draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-6-15

   Spam over Internet Telephony (SPIT) is one of the foreseen future
   forms of spamming that SIP open-wide networks may have to handle.
   SPIT also has more impact on users than email spam since it is more
   intrusive.  Email as a store-and-forward communication mechanism
   allows for several filtering mechanisms to be applied to the full
   content before being presented to the user.  Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) interaction is, in contrast, real-time communication
   and therefore does not provide much information prior to the
   transmission of the content, making it both harder to filter and more
   annoying to users.  The responsibility for filtering, blocking calls,
   or taking any other preventive action can belong to different
   elements in the call flow and may depend on various factors.

   This document discusses the requirements to define authorization
   policies that should allow end users or other parties to setup anti-
   SPIT policies for triggering these actions.  These policies typically
   match a particular SIP communication pattern based on a number of
   attributes.  The range of attributes includes information provided,
   for example, by the SIP protocol itself, by the SIP identity
   mechanism, by information carried within SAML assertions, reputation
   systems of social networks and other extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce