Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lear-lisp-nerd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: NERD: A Not-so-novel EID to RLOC Database
	Author(s)	: E. Lear
	Filename	: draft-lear-lisp-nerd-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2007-6-13
	
LISP is a protocol to encapsulate IP packets in order to allow end
   sites to multihome without injecting routes from one end of the
   Internet to another.  This memo specifies a database and a method to
   transport the mapping of EIDs to RLOCs to routers in a reliable,
   scalable, and secure manner.  Our analysis concludes that transport
   of of all EID/RLOC mappings scales well to at least 10"7 entries, and
   that use of DNS or any approach that queries for mappings has
   substantial operational concerns.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-lisp-nerd-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-lear-lisp-nerd-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lear-lisp-nerd-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce