Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pinkas-pkix-pki-dr&kr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:08:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure PKI Disaster Recovery and Key Rollover
	Author(s)	: D. Pinkas, J. Kazin
	Filename	: draft-pinkas-pkix-pki-dr&kr-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-6-28
	
   This document presents a framework to assist the writers of policy 
   or practice statements and the designers of a Public Key 
   Infrastructure to prepare disaster recovery plans in case of a
   private key-compromise or a private key-loss.  This may happen to 
   end-entity keys, Certification Authorities, Revocation Authorities, 
   Attribute Authorities, or Time-Stamping Authorities.  Since 
   certificates have finite validity, CA key-rollover should be 
   planned in advance. 

   In addition, denial of service attacks on Repositories holding 
   CRLs has also to be considered.

   This framework provides a comprehensive list of potential key-
   compromise or key-loss conditions that, in the opinion of the 
   authors, should be addressed so that it is possible to quickly 
   recover from exceptional situations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pinkas-pkix-pki-dr&kr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-pinkas-pkix-pki-dr&kr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pinkas-pkix-pki-dr&kr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce