Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-worley-redundancy-response-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Classifying Response Codes to Support Multiple Path Routing in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Worley
	Filename	: draft-worley-redundancy-response-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-6-22
	
An increasing number of SIP architectures implement multiple path
   routing (MPR), which is the providing of more than one path for a
   call to reach a destination user agent (UA).  To implement MPR well,
   the proxy which forks a request onto the redundant paths needs to be
   able to determine if a fork that failed reached the destination UA
   and was rejected by the UA (and so an alternate path should not be
   tried), or if the fork failed before reaching the UA (and so an
   alternate path should be attempted).  In order that the proxy can
   distinguish these two situations, response codes should unambiguously
   identify which of these situations applies.  This Internet-Draft
   begins classifying the current usage of response codes, describes
   their implications for MPR, and suggests possible improvements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-worley-redundancy-response-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce