Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-smf-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
	Author(s)	: J. Macker, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-smf-05.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2007-6-28
	
This document describes the Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
   protocol.  SMF provides a basic IP multicast forwarding capability
   suitable for mobile ad-hoc networks (MANET).  SMF applicability is
   limited to providing multicast forwarding within MANET routing
   regions.  SMF specifies mechanisms to provide temporally unique
   multicast packet identification for the purpose of enabling MANET-
   specific duplicate packet detection (DPD).  SMF also specifies the
   operation of DPD maintenance and checking for both sequence-based and
   hash-based methods.  For IPv6, a hop-by-hop option header is
   specified that assists in the overall DPD process.  The optional
   operation of intermediate devices, called taggers, is also specified
   and relates to potential use with multiple border routers.  SMF is
   designed to take advantage of reduced relay sets for efficient MANET
   multicast forwarding and the document describes use and interaction
   with a number of approaches.  Pseudocode and additional educed relay
   set discussion is provided in the Appendices.  Basic issues relating
   to the operation of multicast MANET border routers are discussed but
   ongoing work in this area remains and is beyond the scope of this
   document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-manet-smf-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce