Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Applicability of GMPLS and PCE to Wavelength Switched Optical Networks 
	Author(s)	: G. Bernstein, Y. Lee
	Filename	: draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2007-6-26
	
   This memo examines the applicability of Generalized Multi-Protocol 
   Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element (PCE) 
   architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical networks.  
   In particular we investigate how WDM based systems consisting of 
   tunable laser transmitters and reconfigurable optical add/drop 
   multiplexers (ROADM) or Wavelength Selective Switches (WSS) can be 
   controlled with the current GMPLS/PCE protocols. Minor protocol 
   extension requirements are identified where necessary. 

   The three cases of full wavelength conversion, no wavelength 
   conversion, and limited wavelength conversion and their impacts on 
   GMPLS signaling, GMPLS routing, and PCE communications protocol are 
   discussed. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce