Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Distributed Transport Function in P2PSIP using HIP for Multi-Hop Overlay Routing
	Author(s)	: E. Cooper, et al.
	Filename	: draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-6-18
	
   This document examines a P2PSIP architecture where the peer-to-peer
   (P2P) layer is separate from and lies below the SIP layer.  We
   discuss the functions of the P2P layer in such an architecture, and
   focus in on the Distributed Transport function - the function that
   allows a peer to exchange messages with any other peer in the
   overlay, even in the presence of NATs.  We list the features that the

   Distributed Transport function needs to provide, and observe that the
   Host Identity Protocol (HIP) already provides a number of these
   features.  We then propose extensions to HIP that allow it to provide
   the missing features.  We discuss how a complete P2PSIP architecture
   can be built around HIP, and contrast this approach with other
   approaches for implementing a P2P layer.  Two of the advantages of
   HIP approach are that (a) most existing applications can run in an
   overlay without needing any changes and (b) peer mobility and NAT
   traversal are handled in a way that is transparent to most
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce