Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv4 Mobility extension for Multicast and Broadcast Packets
	Author(s)	: S. Chakrabarti, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
The IP Mobility Protocol [RFC3344] describes multicast and broadcast
   packet transmission between the mobile node and the home network or
   visited network.  Reverse Tunneling for Mobile IP [RFC3024] includes
   support for reverse tunneling of multicast and broadcast packets to
   the home network using the encapsulating delivery style between
   mobile nodes and the foreign agent.  However, [RFC3024] says that
   once the encapsulated delivery style is negotiated, all packets must
   be encapsulated.  In particular, this imposition prevents direct
   delivery of unicast packets.  This causes tunnel overhead in the
   (typically) wireless medium between the mobile and the foreign agent.
   This document removes this imposition It also provides alternatives
   of direct delivery of multicast/broadcast packets between a foreign
   agent and a mobile node if allowed by the underlying link-layer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce