Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-janardhan-naveen-rtgwg-equalcostroutes-rip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Equal cost routes support for RIP/RIPNG
	Author(s)	: J. Kulkarni, N. Anand
	Filename	: draft-janardhan-naveen-rtgwg-equalcostroutes-rip-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
RIP v2 as described in RFC 2453 and RIPNG as described in RFC 2080,
do not support learning multiple equal cost routes to a destination 
through different neighbors.But in today’s internet it is very 
common to have topologies where there are more than one route to a 
destination. This document describes the modifications to the 
RIP/RIPNG protocols to handle this scenario and describes how to 
apply the split horizon and poison reverse for such routes. It is
simple, light and is compatible with the implementations which do not
support this feature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-janardhan-naveen-rtgwg-equalcostroutes-rip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-janardhan-naveen-rtgwg-equalcostroutes-rip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-janardhan-naveen-rtgwg-equalcostroutes-rip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce