Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Architecture of an RBridge Solution to TRILL
	Author(s)	: E. Gray
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-03.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
RBridges are link layer (L2) devices that use routing protocols 
        as a control plane. They combine several of the benefits of the 
        link layer with network layer routing benefits. RBridges use 
        existing link state routing (without requiring configuration) to 
        improve RBridge to RBridge aggregate throughput. RBridges also 

        provide support for IP multicast and IP address resolution 
        optimizations. They are intended to be applicable to similar L2 
        network sizes as conventional bridges and are intended to be 
        backward compatible with those bridges as both ingress/egress 
        and transit. They also support VLANs (although this generally 
        requires configuration) and otherwise attempt to retain as much 
        'plug and play' as is already available in existing bridges. 
        This document proposes an RBridge system as a solution to the 
        TRILL problem. It also defines the RBridge architecture, defines 
        its terminology, and describes basic components and desired 
        behavior. One or more separate documents specify the protocols 
        and mechanisms that satisfy the architecture presented herein.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce