Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:15:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: C. Jennings, R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-outbound-10.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows proxy servers to
   initiate TCP connections and send asynchronous UDP datagrams to User
   Agents in order to deliver requests.  However, many practical
   considerations, such as the existence of firewalls and Network
   Address Translators (NATs), prevent servers from connecting to User
   Agents in this way.  This specification defines behaviors for User
   Agents, registrars and proxy servers that allow requests to be
   delivered on existing connections established by the User Agent.  It
   also defines keep alive behaviors needed to keep NAT bindings open
   and specifies the usage of multiple connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sip-outbound-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce