Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHA) based Robot Challenges for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, E. Leppanen
	Filename	: draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   Spam over Internet Telephony (SPIT) is one of the foreseen future
   forms of spamming that SIP networks may have to handle.  SPIT also
   has more impact on users than email spam since it is more intrusive.
   Email as a store-and-forward communication mechanism allows for
   several filtering mechanisms to be applied to the full content before
   being presented to the user.  Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

   interaction is, in contrast, real-time communication and therefore
   does not provide much information prior to the transmission of the
   content, making it both harder to filter and more annoying to users.
   The responsibility for filtering, blocking calls, or taking any other
   preventive action can belong to different elements in the call flow
   and may depend on various factors.

   This document concentrates on "Completely Automated Public Turing
   Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart" (CAPTCHA) tests, which
   require human interaction.  The document proposes an approach how to
   apply those challenges to SIP communication for handling the SPIT
   problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce