Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dharkins-siv-aes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIV Authenticated Encryption using AES
	Author(s)	: D. Harkins
	Filename	: draft-dharkins-siv-aes-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-7-3

   This memo describes SIV, a block cipher mode of operation.  SIV takes
   a key, a plaintext, and a vector of data which will be authenticated
   but not encrypted.  It produces a ciphertext having the same length
   as the plaintext and a synthetic initialization vector.  Depending on
   how it is used, SIV achieves either the goal of deterministic
   authenticated-encryption or the goal of nonce-based, misuse-resistant
   authenticated-encryption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dharkins-siv-aes-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-dharkins-siv-aes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dharkins-siv-aes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce