Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Considerations for Information Services and Operator Services Using SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Haluska, et al.
	Filename	: draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-03.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
Information Services are services whereby information is provided 
   in response to user requests, and may include involvement of a 
   human or automated agent. A popular existing Information Service is 
   Directory Assistance (DA). Moving ahead, Information Services 
   providers envision exciting multimedia services that support 
   simultaneous voice and data interactions with full operator backup 
   at any time during the call. Information Services providers are 
   planning to migrate to SIP based platforms, which will enable such 
   advanced services, while continuing to support traditional DA 
   services. Operator Services are traditional PSTN services which 
   often involve providing human or automated assistance to a caller, 
   and often require the specialized capabilities traditionally 
   provided by an operator services switch. Market and/or regulatory 
   factors in some jurisdictions dictate that some subset of Operator 
   Services continue to be provided going forward. This document aims 
   to identify how Operator and Information Services can be 
   implemented using existing or currently proposed SIP mechanisms, 
   and to provide a set of Best Current Practices to facilitate 
   interoperability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce