Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Six/One: A Solution for Routing and Addressing in IPv6
	Author(s)	: C. Vogt
	Filename	: draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   There is heightened concern about the growth of the global routing
   table and the increased frequency of routing table updates.  Both is
   due to the use of provider-independent addressing space in edge
   networks, which accommodates operators' desire to move traffic
   quickly and easily from one provider to another.  The main recent
   proposals attempt to solve this problem by hiding provider-
   independent addressing space through a level of indirection.
   Unfortunately, indirection requires a non-trivial distribution of
   address translation information across the Internet.  This is either
   slow, or costly in terms of signaling overhead, or both.  Security
   and transitionability are further issues.  This document proposes an
   alternative solution, which is based on a single, provider-dependent
   addressing space and hence avoids the problems of indirection.  The
   solution meets the objectives of edge network operators while
   limiting the size of the routing table and its update frequency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce