Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)
	Author(s)	: D. Bryan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-01.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 2007-7-10
	
This document outlines the motivation, requirements, and
   architectural design for a extensible and lightweight distributed
   REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) protocol.  RELOAD is a Peer-
   to-Peer (P2P) based approach for registration and resource discovery
   using distributed hash tables maintained with binary messages.  This
   design removes the need for central servers from SIP, while offering
   full backward compatibility with SIP, allowing reuse of existing
   clients, and allowing P2P enabled peers to communicate with
   conventional SIP entities.  A basic introduction to the concepts of
   P2P is presented, backward compatibility issues addressed, and
   security considerations are discussed.

   RELOAD is one possible implementation of the protocols being
   discussed for creation in the P2PSIP WG.  In the context of the work
   being proposed, this draft represents a concrete proposal for the
   P2PSIP Peer Protocol.  RELOAD uses binary messages, derived as much
   as possible from the STUN protocol, as the underlying protocol.  Note
   that in order to be as similar to STUN as possible, some text has
   been re-used verbatim from I-Ds and RFCs describing STUN.

   In this architecture, no P2PSIP Client Protocol is needed, rather
   unmodified SIP is used for access by non-peers.  This protocol
   considers NAT traversal and fragmentation, supports storage of
   information other than registrations, allows for multiple DHT and
   hash algorithms, and provides hooks for multiple security schemes.
   The protocol described here derives from a fully implemented and
   commercially available system with running code.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce