Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bellovin-tcpsec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement and Requirements for a TCP Authentication Option
	Author(s)	: S. Bellovin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bellovin-tcpsec-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
The TCP-MD5 option is commonly used to secure BGP sessions between
   routers, although it is known to have many serious deficiencies.
   This memo presents requirements for a TCP segment authentication
   mechanism that is intended to replace TCP-MD5.  While TCP-MD5 was
   designed to protect TCP sessions whose payload is BGP, the
   applicability of the mechanism described herein is broader.  This
   mechanism can be applied to any TCP connection, regardless of
   payload.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-tcpsec-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bellovin-tcpsec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-tcpsec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce