Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Addressing Record-Route issues in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: T. Froment, C. Lebel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
   A typical function of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Proxy is to
   set a Record-Route header on initial requests in order to make
   subsequent requests pass through it.  This header contains a SIP
   Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) indicating where and how the
   subsequent requests should be sent to reach the proxy.  Like any SIP
   URI, it can contain sip or sips schemes, IPV4 or IPV6 addresses, and
   URI parameters that could influence the routing like different
   transport parameters (UDP, TCP, SCTP...), or a compression indication
   like "comp=sigcomp".  When a proxy has to change some of those
   parameters between its incoming and outgoing interfaces (multi-homed
   proxies, transport protocol switching, sip to sips or IPV4 to IPV6
   scenarios...), the question arises on what should be put in Record-
   Route header(s).  It is just not possible to make one header having
   the characteristics of both sides at the same time.  This document
   aims to clarify these scenarios and fix bugs already identified on
   this topic; it formally recommends the use of the double Record-Route
   technique as an alternative to the current RFC3261 text, which only
   describes Record-Route rewriting solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce