Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6 Operation on Point-to-Point Links
	Author(s)	: F. Xia, B. Sarikaya
	Filename	: draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
The FMIPv6 specification currently does not explicitly define the
   operation over Point-to-Point links.  In this document we define
   FMIPv6 operation over the point-to-point links, especially we propose
   mechanism for assigning unique prefixes to the MN by the PAR.  Three
   different solutions are proposed.  A new access router dynamically
   assigns a unique prefix called dedicated prefix to any MN that is
   performing a handover.  Alternatively, the previous access router
   sends an aggregate prefix of a new access router to MN for
   formulating NCoA, and only when handover takes place, the new access
   router assigns a dedicated prefix to MN and configures a NCoA for the
   MN.  Lastly, MN is allowed to generate a special NCoA without any
   specific prefix information, and only when handover takes place, the
   new access router assigns a dedicated prefix to MN for NCoA
   formulation.  Both reactive and predictive modes of FMIPv6 are
   explained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce