Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wing-sip-identity-media-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP Identity using Media Path
	Author(s)	: D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-wing-sip-identity-media-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   The existing SIP identity mechanism (RFC4474) creates a signature
   over the SIP body, including the entire SDP.  As part of their normal
   operation, Session Border Controllers (SBCs) and SIP Back-to-Back
   User Agents (B2BUAs) modify various fields in the SDP, breaking the
   signature.

   This document defines a new mechanism to securely identify the
   originator of a SIP message while also allowing modification of the
   SDP by SBCs and B2BUAs.  This new mechanism creates a signature over
   certain SIP headers and certain SDP lines.  Proof of identity over
   the media path using DTLS, TLS, HIP, and an extension to ICE are
   described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-sip-identity-media-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-wing-sip-identity-media-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wing-sip-identity-media-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce