Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VPLS Extensions for Provider Backbone Bridging 
	Author(s)	: F. Balus, et al.
	Filename	: draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   IEEE 802.1ah draft standard [IEEE802.1ah], also known as Provider 
   Backbone Bridges (PBB) defines an architecture and bridge protocols 
   for interconnection of multiple Provider Bridge Networks (PBNs). PBB 
   was defined in IEEE as a connectionless technology based on 
   multipoint VLAN tunnels. MSTP is used as the core control plane for 
   loop avoidance, load balancing. As a result the coverage of the 
   solution is limited, service providers avoiding large scale 
   deployments of STP in the core of their network.  

   Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) [RFC4762] provides a solution 
   based on superior tunneling capabilities through the use of routed, 
   traffic engineered backbone. As a result VPLS has been deployed on a 
   large scale in service provider networks, providing also for a fully 
   interoperable, extensible model.  

   This draft discusses extensions to VPLS model required to incorporate 
   desirable PBB components while maintaining the Service Provider fit 
   of the initial model.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce