Subject: I-D Action:draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:30:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Web Authentication Resistant to Phishing
	Author(s)       : S. Hartman
	Filename        : draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2007-07-25

This memo proposes requirements for protocols between web identity
providers and users and for requirements for protocols between
identity providers and relying parties.  These requirements minimize
the likelihood that criminals will be able to gain the credentials
necessary to impersonate a user or be able to fraudulently convince
users to disclose personal information.  To meet these requirements
browsers must change.  Websites must never receive information such
as passwords that can be used to impersonate the user to third
parties.  Browsers should perform mutual authentication and flag
situations when the target website is not authorized to accept the
identity being offered as this is a strong indication of fraud.
These requirements may serve as a basis for requirements for
preventing fraud in environments other than the web.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce