Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Head Node Protection Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels 
	Author(s)	: W. Cao, M. Chen
	Filename	: draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   Protection methods for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP have been discussed by [TE-
   FRR]([RFC4090]) and [P2MP-TE-Bypass], but there are no solutions to 
   protect RSVP-TE P2MP head node. This document discusses the scenario 
   for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP head node failure protection and describes the 
   protection procedures. RSVP-TE extension for such protection is also 
   described. 

   To protect the head node, a backup head node must be appointed and 
   take the responsibility to forward the traffic to downstream LSRs of 
   the protected head node. Generally, the backup head node is not on 
   the path of protected LSP. Similar to [TE-FRR] there are two methods 

   can apply: one-to-one backup and facility backup and facility backup. 
   Only one-to-one backup is described in details, facility backup will 
   be discussed in future version of this draft. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce