Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wbeebee-nd-implementation-pitfalls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Data Forwarding and ND Resolution Implementation Pitfalls
	Author(s)	: H. Singh, W. Beebee
	Filename	: draft-wbeebee-nd-implementation-pitfalls-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-7-2
	
RFC 2461 [ND] describes host data forwarding and address resolution.
   However, nine years after the ND protocol became an RFC, IPv6 hosts
   still do not fully comply with RFC 2461 [ND].  In particular, hosts
   incorrectly implement on- vs. off-link data forwarding.  This
   document clarifies host behavior and associated router behavior to
   define explicitly address resolution and data forwarding models.  The
   set of new requirements beyond what has been specified in RFC 2461
   [ND] and RFC 2462 [ADDRCONF] is restricted to clarifications deemed

   necessary to facilitate correct implementation.  The intention of
   this document is to incorporate normative changes into
   draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2461bis-11 [NDbis] and
   draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-08 [ADDRCONFbis].  After this has been
   accomplished, this document will be on track to become an
   Informational RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-nd-implementation-pitfalls-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-wbeebee-nd-implementation-pitfalls-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-nd-implementation-pitfalls-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce