Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Document Format for Expressing Authorization Policies to tackle Spam and Unwanted Communication for Internet Telephony
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-01.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
SPAM, defined as sending unsolicited messages to someone in bulk,
   might be a problem on SIP open-wide deployed networks.  The
   responsibility for filtering or blocking calls can belong to
   different elements in the call flow and may depend on various
   factors.  This document defines an authorization based policy
   language that allows end users to upload anti-SPIT policies to
   intermediaries, such as SIP proxies.  These policies mitigate
   unwanted SIP communications.  It extends the Common Policy
   authorization framework with additional conditions and actions.  The
   new conditions match a particular Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   communication pattern based on a number of attributes.  The range of
   attributes includes information provided, for example, by SIP itself,
   by the SIP identity mechanism, by information carried within SAML
   assertions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce