Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wood-dtnrg-saratoga-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Saratoga: A Convergence Layer for Delay-Tolerant Networking
	Author(s)	: L. Wood, et al.
	Filename	: draft-wood-dtnrg-saratoga-01.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2007-7-8
	
Saratoga is a simple, lightweight UDP-based transport protocol

   intended for use in moving files between immediately neighbouring
   peers which have sporadic, intermittent connectivity using dedicated
   IP links.  Saratoga focuses on high link utilization for fast file
   transfers.  Loss recovery is implemented via a simple ARQ mechanism.
   Saratoga is proposed for use as a convergence layer by Delay-Tolerant
   Networking for deep-space and ad-hoc networking scenarios.

   Saratoga is not intended for use over shared paths, so transport
   congestion control is unnecessary, although it could be optionally
   implemented at the sender to provide rate control of packet output.

   Saratoga is in continuous operational use by the IP-based Disaster
   Monitoring Constellation satellites in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) for
   mission-critical transfer of remote-sensing imagery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wood-dtnrg-saratoga-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-wood-dtnrg-saratoga-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wood-dtnrg-saratoga-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce