Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SDP Capability Negotiation
	Author(s)	: F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-06.txt
	Pages		: 77
	Date		: 2007-7-10
	
The Session Description Protocol (SDP) was intended for describing 
        multimedia sessions for the purposes of session announcement, session 
        invitation, and other forms of multimedia session initiation. SDP was 
        not intended to provide capability indication or capability 
        negotiation, however over the years, SDP has seen widespread adoption 
        and as a result it has been gradually extended to provide limited 
        support for these, notably in the form of the offer/answer model         defined in RFC 3264. SDP and its current extensions however do not 
        define how to negotiate one or more alternative transport protocols 
        (e.g. RTP profiles) or attributes. This makes it difficult to deploy 
        new RTP profiles such as secure RTP or RTP with RTCP-based feedback, 
        negotiate use of different keying mechanisms, etc. It also presents 
        problems for some forms of media negotiation.  

        The purpose of this document is to address these shortcomings by 
        extending SDP with capability negotiation parameters and associated 
        offer/answer procedures to use those parameters in a backwards 
        compatible manner.  

        The solution provided in this document provides a general SDP 
        Capability Negotiation framework. It also defines specifically how to 
        provide attributes and transport protocols as capabilities and 
        negotiate them using the framework. Extensions for other types of 
        capabilities (e.g. media types and media formats) may be provided in 
        other documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscrFrom [email-masked] Tue Jul 10 16:19:55 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:15:01 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-02.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for Emergency Calling using Internet Multimedia
	Author(s)	: B. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-02.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2007-7-10
	
Summoning emergency help by the public is a core feature of telephone
   networks.  This document describes how various IETF protocols and
   mechanisms are combined to place emergency calls.  This includes how
   these calls are routed to the correct Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP) based on the physical location of the caller, while providing
   the call taker the necessary information to dispatch a first
   responder to that location and to call back the caller if necessary.
   It describes at a high level how the pieces (recognizing a call as an
   emergency call, marking it as such, determining the location of the
   caller, routing the call based on location) go together, and
   references the Internet standards that define the details of these
   mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
ibe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce