Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xia-mip6-fw-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Policy-based Firewall Traversal for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: F. Xia, B. Sarikaya
	Filename	: draft-xia-mip6-fw-policy-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
   Most of firewalls deployed today are Mobile IPv6 unaware.  Widespread
   Mobile IPv6 deployment is not possible unless Mobile IPv6 messages
   can pass through these firewalls.  In this memo, policy servers are
   used to communicate with firewalls and instruct them to bypass Mobile
   IPv6 messages.  To achieve the goal, Network Access Identifier (NAI)
   and authentication information are included in Mobile IPv6 control
   signalling or data packets.  Firewalls extract these information and
   send them to a policy server, and the policy server then installs
   corresponding states in firewalls based on authentication result and
   user's predefined policy.  The new defined IPv6 extension header and
   the policy-based frame can also facilitate dynamic configuration in
   any application firewall traversal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-mip6-fw-policy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xia-mip6-fw-policy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xia-mip6-fw-policy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce