Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jylee-monami6-fast-handoff-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Fast Handovers for Multiple Interfaces Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: J. Lee, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jylee-monami6-fast-handoff-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2007-7-8
	
   This document introduces extensions to Fast-handover Mobile IPv6 [6]
   that improves handover latency in Mobile IPv6 procedures in case
   mobile nodes have multiple wireless interfaces. In the basic Fast
   MIPv6 [6], the PAR (previous access router) forwards the arriving
   packets for the mobile node to the NAR (new access router) by setting
   up a tunnel to the NAR in order to prevent packet losses incurred by
   handover latency during handover procedure. Recently, many mobile
   nodes begin to have multiple wireless interfaces, and multiple active
   IPv6 Care-of-Addresses are assigned and registered simultaneously to
   a Home Agent [2] in order to utilize multiple wireless interfaces in
   terms of bandwidth, delay, etc. Furthermore, the Mobile IPv6 with
   extension to multiple CoA registration also needs fast handover
   procedure to reduce handover latency and packet losses. However, in
   the Mobile IPv6 with multiple CoA registration, packet tunneling to a
   NAR during handoff of one interface can incur performance degradation
   due to severe packet reordering when multiple interfaces are
   simultaneously used for load sharing. This is because the partial
   traffic flow coming from the interface involved in handover is
   suspended during handover and later tunneled to a NAR, while the
   other partial traffic flow is continuously forwarded to the mobile
   node through the other stable interface, which could incur severe
   reordering if the handover is delayed or unstable by ping-pong
   effects. We thus propose in this document an extension to Fast
   handover Mobile IPv6 procedure which can indicate a specific
   tunneling destination except the NAR, for example, other interfaces
   (or CoAs) in the same mobile node. This extension not only enhances
   the traffic quality during handoff but also improves the handover
   signaling performance because data traffic is redirected to another
   interface during handover signaling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jylee-monami6-fast-handoff-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-jylee-monami6-fast-handoff-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jylee-monami6-fast-handoff-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce