Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: DNS Scoped Data Through Attribute Leaves
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker
	Filename	: draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
Historically, any DNS RR may occur for any domain name.  Recent
   additions have defined DNS leaf nodes that contain a reserved node
   name, beginning with an underscore.  The underscore construct is used
   to define a semantic scope for the associated, parent domain name,
   within which the use of some RRs is constrained.  Hence the
   underscore construct defines a basic paradigm modification to the
   DNS.  This note explores the nature of this DNS usage and defines the
   procedures for registering "underscore names" with IANA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce