Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:15:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Pre-Congestion Notification Using Single Marking for Admission and Termination
	Author(s)	: A. Charny, et al.
	Filename	: draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-02.txt
	Pages		: 82
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
Pre-Congestion Notification described in
   [I-D.eardley-pcn-architecture]draft-eardly-pcn-architecture-00 and
   earlier in [I-D.briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture] approach proposes the
   use of an Admission Control mechanism to limit the amount of real-
   time PCN traffic to a configured level during the normal operating
   conditions, and the use of a Flow Termination mechanism to tear-down
   some of the flows to bring the PCN traffic level down to a desirable
   amount during unexpected events such as network failures, with the
   goal of maintaining the QoS assurances to the remaining flows.  In
   [I-D.eardley-pcn-architecture], Admission and Flow Termination use
   two different markings and two different metering mechanisms in the
   internal nodes of the PCN region.  This draft proposes a mechanism
   using a single marking and metering for both Admission and Flow
   Termination, and presents a preliminary analysis of the tradeoffs.  A
   side-effect of this proposal is that a different marking a nd
   metering Admission mechanism than that proposed in
   [I-D.eardley-pcn-architecture] may be also feasible, and may result
   in a number of benefits.  In addition, this draft proposes a
   migration path for incremental deployment of this approach as an
   intermediate step to the dual-marking approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce