Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Terminology for Benchmarking Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Networking Devices
	Author(s)	: S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename	: draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-03.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
This document provides a terminology for benchmarking SIP performance
   in networking devices.  Terms are included for test components, test
   setup parameters, and performance benchmark metrics for black-box
   benchmarking of SIP networking devices.  The Performance Benchmark
   Metrics are obtained for the SIP Control Plane and Media Plane.  The
   terms are intedned for use in a companion Methodology document for
   complete performance characterization of a device in a variety of
   network conditions making it possible to compare performance of
   different devices.  It is critical to provide Test Setup Parameters
   and a Methodology document for SIP performance benchmarking because
   SIP allows a wide range of configuration and operational conditions
   that can influence performance benchmark measurements.  It is
   necessary to have terminology and methodology standards to ensure
   that reported benchmarks have consistent definition and were obtained
   following the same procedures.  Benchmarks can be applied to compare
   performance of a variety of SIP networking devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce