Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A common framework for autoconfiguration of  stand-alone ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: C. Adjih, K. Mase
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-framework-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
We consider the unique address autoconfiguration problem for stand-
   alone ad hoc networks (MANETs).  Specifically, we consider two cases.
   First, a node without a pre-assigned and valid local address acquires
   a new local address and becomes a member of a new or existing MANET.
   Second, two or more MANETs merge.  In the first case, a mechanism of
   IP address generation is needed.  We also should have MANET-wide
   duplicate address detection (DAD) on newly generated address
   (tentative address) for suppressing occurrence of duplicate addresses
   for address generation (pre-service DAD).  In the second case,
   duplicate address may occur as the result of a merger of two formerly
   independent networks.  We should have DAD on addresses in use for
   resolving duplicate addresses and suppressing routing information
   contamination due to existence of duplicate addresses (in-service
   DAD).  To realize pre-service DAD and in-service DAD, we define
   autoconfiguration states that are common for both proactive and
   reactive routing protocol.  Each node exists in one of the
   autoconfiguration states at any time.  A node, that detects duplicate
   address between other nodes, should advertise the detected duplicate
   address to all other nodes In the MANET.This is termed "Duplicate
   address advertisement" (DAA).  The specific DAD and DAA algorithm is
   beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-mase-autoconf-framework-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce