Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: GRE Key Extension for Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)	: P. Yegani, et al.
	Filename	: draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-7-8
	
The GRE specification contains a Key field, which MAY contain a value
   that is used to identify a particular GRE data stream.  This
   specification defines a new Mobile IP extension that is used to
   exchange the value to be used in the GRE Key field.  This extension
   further allows the Mobility Agents to setup the necessary protocol
   interfaces prior to receiving the mobile's traffic.  The new
   extension option allows a foreign agent to request GRE tunneling
   without disturbing the Home Agent behavior specified for Mobile Ipv4.
   GRE tunneling provides an advantage that allows operator's private
   home networks to be overlaid and allows the HA to provide overlapping
   home addresses to different subscribers.  When the tuple < Care of
   Address, Home Address and Home Agent Address > is the same across
   multiple subscriber sessions, GRE tunneling will provide a means for
   the FA and HA to identify data streams for the individual sessions
   based on the GRE key.  In the absence of this key identifier, the
   data streams cannot be distinguished from each other, a significant
   drawback when using IP-in-IP tunneling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce