Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roy-simple-presencerss-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Motivation for feed for Presence State
	Author(s)	: A. Roychowdhury
	Filename	: draft-roy-simple-presencerss-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-7-25
	
Web feeds (hereby referred to as 'feed') have always played an 
   important role in providing users content related updates of Websites 
   without having to visit those websites manually. Typical examples of 
   feed usage include users 'subscribing' to the feed of a website 
   (example, CNN.com) and thereby automatically receiving 'news 
   headlines' when the content changes. Recently, there have been 
   significant innovations (example [13][12]) where feeds from different 
   sources have been combined to produce new services in a 'Web Based 
   Service Creation Environment' model allowing users to create 
   interesting services building on top of 'primitives' that can be 
   represented on the Web.   

   This document describes the motivation for a feed for Presence 
   information, which the authors believe would be useful to create new 
   services using a similar environment described above. 

   NOTE 1:  Architecturally, it is also possible that the reverse 
   situation, i.e. feed converted to a Presence state is also useful, 
   typically for services that could be triggered at the Presentity 
   based on certain conditions. However, this document focuses on the 
   former, i.e. Presence state to feed.  

   NOTE 2: It is not necessary that each PUA support the capability of 
   generating feeds. It is possible that a central aggregation server 
   generates the required feed on behalf of the PUAs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roy-simple-presencerss-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-roy-simple-presencerss-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roy-simple-presencerss-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce