Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bi-sava-solution-ipv6-edge-network-signature-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Signature based Source Address Validation Method for IPv6 Edge Network
	Author(s)	: J. Bi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bi-sava-solution-ipv6-edge-network-signature-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-7-23
	
   Today's Internet is suffering from reflection-type DoS/DDoS attacks,
   such as TCP SYN flood, Smurf attack, DNS reflection, etc.  These
   attacks often rely on the IP source address spoofing.  Current source
   address spoofing prevention methods have a coarse granularity, and
   the attackers can still in some cases launch reflection-type DoS/DDos
   attacks or other attacks while being difficult to trace.  Aiming to
   solve this problem, this document proposes a fine-granularity source
   address spoofing prevention method, which can prevent the attackers
   from forging source addresses that belong to the same edge network to
   send packets to somewhere outside the IPv6 edge network.  The
   proposed method includes source address authentication using session
   key and hash digest algorithms and replay attack prevention by
   combining a sequence number method with a timestamp method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-sava-solution-ipv6-edge-network-signature-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bi-sava-solution-ipv6-edge-network-signature-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bi-sava-solution-ipv6-edge-network-signature-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce