Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv4/IPv6 Interoperation Using the HTTP CONNECT Method
	Author(s)	: I. van Beijnum
	Filename	: draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
  As of the deprecation of NAT-PT as a mechanism to allow IPv6-only
  hosts to connect to IPv4-only hosts, there is no longer a viable
  way to provide interoperation between IPv4-only and IPv6-only hosts
  connected to the internet.

  This document outlines a way to use the HTTP CONNECT method (better
  known as HTTPS proxying) to accomplish this interoperation for a
  large (but not the full) set of IP applications. The intent is to
  provide a base level usability for IPv6-only hosts to remove the
  need to provide IPv4 connectivity in all cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce