Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xia-pce-hybrid-network-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Path Computation in Multiple Autonomous Systems Networks with Path Computation Element 
	Author(s)	: H. Xia, D. Li
	Filename	: draft-xia-pce-hybrid-network-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-7-3

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path 
   computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label 
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks. 

   One key application of the PCE-based architecture is the computation
   of inter-domain Traffic Engineering Label Switched Path (TE-LSP)  
   paths(i.e. inter-area, inter-AS, inter-provider, etc.). In this case, 
   cooperation between PCEs is desirable due to the partial topology 
   visibility available to each separate PCE. Per-domain path 
   computation is another method that can be used to determine paths for 
   inter-domain TE-LSPs when PCE cooperation is not applied in the 
   network. 

   In practice, some Service Providers may choose not to implement PCEs 
   within their network that can cooperate with PCEs that are outside 
   their network. In this case, a scenario may exist where an LSP spans 
   multiple autonomous systems (ASes), some of which have PCEs capable 
   of cooperation with external PCEs and some of which do not. For 
   example, some ASes may be PCE-enabled, while others consist of just 
   normal LSRs.  

   Another scenario arises if a PCE fails or becomes unreachable. This 
   gives rise to the same lack of inter-PCE cooperation.  

   Both cases are named Hybrid PCE Networks in this document. This 
   document describes the specific issues introduced for end-to-end path 
   computation in Hybrid PCE Networks and defines extensions to the PCE 
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) to perform inter-domain LSP computation 
   in Hybrid PCE Networks. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-pce-hybrid-network-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xia-pce-hybrid-network-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xia-pce-hybrid-network-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce