Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guo-mboned-mfec-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Multicast Forwarding Equivalence Class [MFEC]
	Author(s)	: F. Guo
	Filename	: draft-guo-mboned-mfec-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
  At present, the multimedia services such as IPTV are gaining 
  importance. Multicast technologies play an inevitable role in these 
  multimedia services.  
   
  The main factors affecting the multicast technologies are the 
  convergence speed and the capacity of the multicast routing table. 
   
  One of the easiest and the most commonly practiced methods in 
  nowadays multicast deployment is to push the data to the end router 
  by static configurations (igmp static group). This will reduce the 
  delay in channel switching. The data flow of multiple channels from 
  one or several servers are transmitted along the distribution tree. 
  The distribution tree for multiple channels may be composed of only 
  one same distribution tree. A router, however, maintains separate 
  protocol-status and provides separate protocol-packets content for 
  each channel. This prolongs the route convergence, increases the 
  status-space and reduces the exchange rate of protocol-packets.  
   
  This document proposes a solution to speed up the route convergence, 
  reduce the states in the multicast forwarding table and increase the 
  exchange rate of packets. This can be achieved by using the same 
  state for the data flows that passes the same path in the 
  distribution tree. This same state is called Multicast Forwarding 
  Equivalent Class (MFEC). In other words, MFEC is a group of multicast 
  packets that are forwarded over the same path with the same traffic 
  handling treatment. This solution extends various multicast protocols 
  such as PIM- SSM, PIM-SM, Bidir-PIM, PIM-DM and DVMRP, and perfects 
  application of multicast. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guo-mboned-mfec-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-guo-mboned-mfec-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guo-mboned-mfec-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce