Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schwartz-sip-nsr-code-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: No Service To This Number Reject Code
	Author(s)	: D. Schwartz
	Filename	: draft-schwartz-sip-nsr-code-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows calls to both addresses
   of record (AORs) such as sip:[email-masked] and telephone numbers
   with either sip or tel schemes such as tel:+12127771234.  As opposed
   to the AOR where the domain specifies the exact location or realm of
   the user and a reject code provides enough visiblity to the calling
   party to exit gracefully (e.g. a 404 indicates that there is no point
   in trying further as the requested user either does not exist or is
   offline with no voicemail) with telephone numbers (TNs) this is not
   the case.  With more and more TNs representing actual IP endpoints
   there is a need to differentiate in an error code between rejecting a
   call due to a misdialed number (i.e. the number does not exist) and a
   number that is just not associated with an IP endpoint (for example
   in a case where there is no billing relationship and as such the
   rejecting proxy cannot forward to a PSTN termination provider.  This
   specification defines a new SIP response code (No Service Reject -
   nsr) for this purpose.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwartz-sip-nsr-code-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-schwartz-sip-nsr-code-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schwartz-sip-nsr-code-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce