Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xiao-evaluate-dml-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Evaluation on Modeling Languages for Generic Network Management Data Models
	Author(s)	: D. Xiao, H. Xu
	Filename	: draft-xiao-evaluate-dml-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-7-6

   In some scenarios, the multiplicity of network management models
   implies the use of multiple management data modeling languages, which
   are used to model the resources to be managed.  Each language differs
   in the level of various capabilities and expressiveness, most of
   which are not easily measured.  However, existing data modeling
   languages have drawbacks of different levels, which hinder them in
   adapting to the requirements of next generation network management.
   The aim of our project is then to establish a framework of evaluation
   to compare different management data modeling languages based on a
   set of criteria, the most important part of which are demonstrated in
   this memo, being modeling approaches, expressiveness, readability,
   interoperability, extensibility and others, and present some
   perspectives on developing future data modeling languages for next
   generation network management, possibly integrating existing ones.
   Thus, this memo summarizes the characteristics of existing data
   modeling languages through comparison based on given criteria for
   evaluation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xiao-evaluate-dml-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xiao-evaluate-dml-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xiao-evaluate-dml-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce