Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-levis-rl2n-overview-protocols-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Overview of Existing Wireless Mesh Routing Protocols for Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename	: draft-levis-rl2n-overview-protocols-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
Networks of low power wireless devices introduce novel IP routing
   issues.  Nodes (such as sensor, actuator or various forms of objects)
   are constrained in several ways: limited memory and processing power
   and so on.  Furthermore most of them are battery-powered thus making
   the use of energy efficient routing protocol of high importance.
   Wireless links can vary significantly over time, requiring protocols
   to make agile decisions yet minimize the energy cost of topology
   changes.  Thus such networks also referred to as L2N (Low Power and
   Lossy networks) have very specific routing requirements that are
   partially addresses by existing mesh routing protocols.  The aim of
   this document is to provide a brief survey of their strengths and
   weaknesses with respect to these issues and to provide an overview of
   the major open IETF protocols in this space, in order to provide
   guidance on how their lessons can be leveraged in future protocol
   design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levis-rl2n-overview-protocols-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-levis-rl2n-overview-protocols-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-levis-rl2n-overview-protocols-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce