Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv4 Mobility extension for Multicast and Broadcast Packets
	Author(s)	: S. Chakrabarti, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   The IP Mobility Protocol [RFC3344] describes the multicast and
   broadcast packet transmission between the mobile node and the home-
   network or visited network.  The Reverse Tunneling for Mobile IP,
   Revised [RFC3024] describes reverse tunneling the multicast and
   broadcast packets to the home network using encapsulating delivery
   style between mobile nodes and the foreign agent.  However, [RFC3024]
   says that all packets must be encapsulated in the IP-in-IP tunnel
   once the encapsulated delivery style is negotiated.  This restriction
   causes over-the-air tunnel overhead in the wireless medium between
   the mobile and the foreign agent.  This document provides a generic
   solution to ease the restriction of unicast packet to be encapsulated
   in encapsulating delivery mode.  It also provides alternatives of
   direct delivery of multicast/broadcast packets between a foreign
   agent and a mobile node in point-to-point link such as Wimax network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce