Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hokelek-rlfap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Loop-Free IP Fast Reroute Using Local and Remote LFAPs
	Author(s)	: I. Hokelek, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hokelek-rlfap-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   This draft describes a new loop-free IP fast reroute mechanism which
   enhances the IP Fast-ReRoute (IPFRR) [1,15] by introducing the 
   concept of pre-computed remote Loop-Free Alternate Paths (rLFAPs) on 
   top of the IPFRR local LFAP. In rLFAP, a router which is adjacent to 
   the failed resource switches over to pre-computed LFAPs, if they
   exist, immediately after failure detection. Multi-hop neighbors 
   (MNBs) are notified about this remote failure as quickly as possible 
   using fast failure notification mechanism. Upon receipt of failure 
   information, MNBs activate their pre-computed remote LFAPs that they 
   maintain for protecting against remote failures within their 
   multi-hop neighborhoods. In the worst case, where IPFRR results in 
   forming micro-loops, rLFAP completely prevents micro-loops for 
   single link failures and quickly converges to a loop-free path in 
   case of multiple link failures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hokelek-rlfap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hokelek-rlfap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hokelek-rlfap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce