Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leroux-pce-of-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Encoding of Objective Functions in Path Computation Element (PCE) communication and discovery protocols
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, et al.
	Filename	: draft-leroux-pce-of-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
The computation of one or a series of Traffic Engineering Label 
   Switched Paths (TE LSP) in MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) and 
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks, is subject to a set of one or more 
   specific optimization criteria(s), referred to as an objective 
   function (e.g. minimum cost path, widest path, etc.). A Path 
   Computation Element (PCE) may support one or multiple objective 
   functions, and it is desired for a Path Computation Client (PCC) to 
   automatically discover the set of objective functions supported by a 
   PCE. Furthermore, it may be useful for a PCC to specify in a path 
   computation request the required objective function used by the PCE 
   to compute a TE LSP or a set of TE LSPs. Thus the aim of this 
   document is to define extensions to the PCE Discovery (PCED) TLV 
   carried within the IS-IS Router Capability TLV and the OSPF Router 
   Information LSA so as to allow a PCC to discover the set of objective 
   functions supported by a PCE. Extensions to the PCE communication 
   Protocol (PCEP) are also specified allowing a PCC to indicate in a 
   path computation request the required objective function and a PCE to 
   indicate in a path computation reply the objective function actually 
   applied.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leroux-pce-of-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-leroux-pce-of-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leroux-pce-of-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce