Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rbridges: Base Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: R. Perlman, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-05.txt
	Pages		: 71
	Date		: 2007-7-10
	
RBridges allow for optimal pair-wise forwarding with zero
   configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary
   loops, and multipathing for both unicast and multicast traffic. They
   achieve these goals using IS-IS routing and encapsulation of traffic
   with a header that includes a hop count.

   RBridges are compatible with previous IEEE 802.1 bridges as well as
   current IPv4 and IPv6 routers and end nodes. They are as invisible to
   current IP routers as bridges are and, like routers, they terminate
   the bridge spanning tree protocol.

   The design supports VLANs, and, optionally, optimization of the
   distribution of multi-destination frames based on VLAN and IP derived
   multicast groups.  It also allows forwarding tables to be based on
   RBridge destinations (rather than end node destinations), which
   allows internal forwarding tables to be substantially smaller than in
   conventional bridge systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce