Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Compound TCP: A New TCP Congestion Control for High-Speed and Long Distance Networks 
	Author(s)	: M. Sridharan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-7-31
	
   This document proposes Compound TCP (CTCP), a modification to TCP's 
   congestion control mechanism for use with TCP connections with large 
   congestion windows. The key idea behind CTCP is to add a scalable 
   delay-based component to the standard TCP's loss-based congestion 
   control. The sending rate of CTCP is controlled by both loss and 
   delay components. The delay-based component has a scalable window 
   increasing rule that not only efficiently uses the link capacity, 
   but on sensing queue build up, gracefully reduces the sending rate. 
   We have implemented CTCP on Microsoft's Windows and we have done 
   extensive testing on production links and in Windows Beta 
   deployments. We also engaged with Stanford Linear Accelerator Center 
   to evaluate the properties of CTCP. The results so far are very 
   encouraging. This document describes the Compound TCP algorithm in 
   detail, and solicits experimentation and feedback from the wider 
   community. In this document, we collectively refer to any TCP 
   congestion control algorithm that employs a linear increase function 
   for congestion control, including TCP Reno and all its variants as 
   Standard TCP. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce