Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-veikkolainen-sipping-app-config-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Simple Application Configuration Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Veikkolainen, M. Isomaki
	Filename	: draft-veikkolainen-sipping-app-config-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   For applications requiring configuration of various settings, it is
   desirable that the end user needs to enter as little configuration
   information as possible.  Especially applications running in devices
   with limited user interface, such as mobile phones, Personal Digital
   Assistants (PDAs), and terminal adaptors, would benefit from an
   automated configuration process.  This document defines a simple
   application configuration mechanism using the Domain Name System
   (DNS) and HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-veikkolainen-sipping-app-config-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-veikkolainen-sipping-app-config-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-veikkolainen-sipping-app-config-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce