Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jen-apt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: APT: A Practical Transit Mapping Service
	Author(s)	: D. Jen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jen-apt-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-7-5
	
   The size of the global routing table is a rapidly growing problem.
   Several solutions have been proposed.  These solutions commonly
   divide the Internet into two parts, one for customers and one for
   providers, where only provider addresses are globally routable.
   Packets destined for customer addresses are tunneled through provider
   space.  For this process to work, there must be a mapping service
   that can supply an appropriate provider-edge address for any given
   customer address.  We present a design for such a mapping service.
   We adhere to a "do no harm" design philosophy: maintain all desirable
   features of the current architecture without negatively affecting its
   security or reliability.  Our design aims to minimize delay and
   prevent loss in packet encapsulation, minimize the number of new or
   modified devices, and keep the level of control traffic manageable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jen-apt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-jen-apt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jen-apt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce