Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 11:17:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Provisioning of Symmetric Keys Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol (DSKPP)
	Author(s)	: A. Doherty
	Filename	: draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-00.txt
	Pages		: 100
	Date		: 2007-8-1

   DSKPP is a client-server protocol for initialization (and
   configuration) of symmetric keys to locally and remotely accessible
   cryptographic modules.  The protocol can be run with or without
   private-key capabilities in the cryptographic modules, and with or
   without an established public-key infrastructure.

   Three variations of the protocol support multiple usage scenarios.
   The four-pass (i.e., two round-trip) variant enables key generation
   in near real-time.  With the four-pass variant, keys are mutually
   generated by the provisioning server and cryptographic module;
   provisioned keys are not transferred over-the-wire or over-the-air.
   Two- and one-pass variants enable secure and efficient download and
   installation of symmetric keys to a cryptographic module in
   environments where near real-time communication may not be possible.

   This document builds on information contained in [RFC4758], adding
   specific enhancements in response to implementation experience and
   liaison requests.  It is intended, therefore, that this document or a
   successor version thereto will become the basis for subsequent
   progression of a symmetric key provisioning protocol specification on
   the standards track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce