Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-norris-ical-venue-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Venue Component Specification
	Author(s)	: C. Norris, J. McCullough
	Filename	: draft-norris-ical-venue-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-8-6
	
The currently existing iCalendar standard (RFC 2445) provides only a
   simple text field ("LOCATION" property) for specifying the location
   where an event (or "TODO" item) will occur.  While this may be
   adequate for human readers, it is difficult for automated systems to
   make use of.  With the recent advent of tools and services (event
   aggregators, for example) which would benefit greatly from structured
   location data, the need to specify detailed venue information has
   become apparent.  This document describes a proposed method for
   addressing this need.

   Comments are solicited and should be addressed to
   [email-masked] and/or the authors.

   Note: This document depends on RFC2445bis, currently in draft status,
   and should not proceed without RFC2445bis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-norris-ical-venue-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-norris-ical-venue-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-norris-ical-venue-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce