Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Description of the RSVP-TE Graceful Restart Procedures 
	Author(s)	: D. Li, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-8-14
	
   The Hello message for the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) has 
   been defined to establish and maintain basic signaling node 
   adjacencies for Label Switching Routers (LSRs) participating in a 
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) traffic engineered (TE) 
   network. The Hello message has been extended for use in Generalized 
   MPLS (GMPLS) network for state recovery of control channel or nodal 
   faults. 

   GMPLS protocol definitions for RSVP also allow a restarting node to 
   learn the label that it previously allocated for use on a Label 
   Switching Path (LSP). 

   Further RSVP protocol extensions have been defined to enable a 
   restarting node to recover full control plane state by exchanging 
   RSVP messages with its upstream and downstream neighbors.  

   This document provides an informational clarification of the 
   control plane procedures for a GMPLS network when there are 
   multiple node failures, and describes how full control plane state 
   can be recovered in different scenarios where the order in which 
   the nodes restart is different. 

   This document does not define any new processes or procedures. All 
   protocol mechanisms are already defined in the referenced documents. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce