Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-cgaext-ringsig-ndproxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 17:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Secure IPv6 Address Proxying using Multi-Key Cryptographically Generated Addresses (MCGAs) 
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-kempf-cgaext-ringsig-ndproxy-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-8-6
	
        RFC 3971 and 3972 (SEND) define a protocol for securing 
        resolution of a statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 address to a 
        link address as defined by IPv6 Neighbor Discovery. SEND does 
        this by requiring the autoconfigured addresses to be 
        cryptographically generated by the host from an RSA public 
        key. However, one drawback of SEND is that such addresses 
        cannot be securely proxied. Proxy Neighbor Discovery is 
        important for Mobile IPv6 and in certain other cases. In this 
        document, we describe an extension of SEND to addresses that 
        are cryptographically generated using multiple public keys, 
        called multi-key CGAs. Neighbor Discovery messages for multi-
        key CGAs are signed with an RSA ring signature, a type of 
        signature that can be generated using the private key of any 
        node from a group of nodes but which requires the public keys 
        of all group members to verify. Multi-key CGAs can be securely 
        proxied by all nodes that contribute keys to the address. The 
        advantage of multi-key CGAs over other techniques of secure 
        address proxying, such as trusting the router or using an 
        attribute certificate, is that it preserves location privacy. 
        A receiver cannot determine from the IPv6 address, ring 
        signature, or cryptographic parameters whether the node or the 
        proxy is defending the address, and hence whether the node is 
        on or off the link.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-cgaext-ringsig-ndproxy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kempf-cgaext-ringsig-ndproxy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-cgaext-ringsig-ndproxy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce