Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Experiments on SPIT in the Commercial VoIP Services 
	Author(s)	: J. Choi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-8-10

   This document shows some experimental results on SPIT on commercial 
   VoIP services, in which a SIP UA has not been secured by SIP security 
   protocol such as TLS. Although many service providers have been 
   applying the HTTP digest scheme to authenticate a SIP UA, they often 
   do not apply SIP signaling protection against potential threats 
   between the SIP UA and the SIP proxy. This cause vulnerabilities to 
   the VoIP services like SPIT. The aim of this memo is to inform the 
   service providers of SPIT threats by showing some experimental 
   results of SPIT on current VoIP networks. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce