Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-van-beijnum-multi-mtu-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Extensions for Multi-MTU Subnets
	Author(s)	: I. van Beijnum
	Filename	: draft-van-beijnum-multi-mtu-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2007-8-29
	
In the early days of the internet, many different link types with many
  different maximum packet sizes were in use. For point-to-point or
  point-to-multipoint links, there are still some other link types (PPP,
  ATM, Packet over SONET), but shared subnets are almost exclusively
  implemented as ethernets. Even though the relevant standards madate a
  1500 octet maximum packet size for ethernet, more and more ethernet
  equipment is capable of handling packets bigger than 1500 octets.
  However, since this capability isn't standardized, it's seldom used
  today, despite the potential performance benefits of using larger

  packets. This document specifies a mechanism to negotiate per-neighbor
  maximum packet sizes so that nodes on a shared subnet may use the
  maximum mutually supported packet size between them without being
  limited by nodes with smaller maximum sizes on the same subnet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-multi-mtu-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-van-beijnum-multi-mtu-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-multi-mtu-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce