Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-burger-sip-info-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INFO Method Use
	Author(s)	: E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-burger-sip-info-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-8-7
	
The purpose of the INFO request for the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP), as described by RFC 2976, is to provide mid-session SIP User
   Agent (UA)-to-SIP UA application data transport.  In the years since
   the introduction of the INFO request, experience with the use of the
   INFO request indicates a number of problems.  This document explains
   why there are INFO-based, proprietary protocols in the wild; the
   flaws of using INFO; and explains why it is not possible to create a
   framework to rescue INFO for general purpose use.  Thus, this
   document restricts the use of INFO to call establishment signaling,
   as described in RFC 3372 (SIP-T).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sip-info-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-burger-sip-info-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-sip-info-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce