Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Measures for making DNS more resilient against forged answers
	Author(s)	: R. van Mook, B. Hubert
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-8-7
	
The current internet climate poses serious threats to the Domain Name
   System.  In the interim period before the DNS protocol can be secured
   more fully, measures can already be taken to make 'spoofing' a
   recursing nameserver many orders of magnitude harder.

   Even a cryptographically secured DNS benefits from having the ability
   to discard bogus answers quickly, as this potentially saves large
   amounts of computation.

   By describing certain behaviour that has previously not been
   standardised, this document sets out how to make the DNS more
   resilient against accepting incorrect answers.  This document updates
   RFC1034.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce