Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LC-PCN: The Load Control PCN Solution
	Author(s)	: L. Westberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2007-9-5
	
There is an increased interest of simple and scalable resource
   provisioning solution for Diffserv network.  The Load Control PCN
   (LC-PCN) addresses the following issues:
   o  Admission control for real time data flows in stateless Diffserv
      Domains

   o  Flow termination: Termination of flows in case of exceptional
      events, such as severe congestion after re-routing.

   Admission control in a Diffserv stateless domain is a combination of:

   o  Probing, whereby a probe packet is sent along the forwarding path
      in a network to determine whether a flow can be admitted based
      upon the current congestion state of the network

   o  Admission control based on data marking, whereby in congestion
      situations the data packets are marked to notify the PCN-egress-
      node that a congestion occurred on a particular PCN-ingress-node
      to PCN-egress-node path.

   The scheme provides the capability of controlling the traffic load in
   the network without requiring signaling or any per-flow processing in
   the PCN-interior-nodes.  The complexity of Load Control is kept to a
   minimum to make implementation simple.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce