Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wallace-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Trust Anchor Management Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: R. Reddy, C. Wallace
	Filename	: draft-wallace-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-9-12
	
This document provides a problem statement for the Trust Anchor
   Management Birds of a Feather (BOF).  A trust anchor represents an
   authoritative entity via a public key and associated data.  The
   public key is used to verify digital signatures and the associated
   data is used to constrain the types of information for which the
   trust anchor is authoritative.  Relying parties use trust anchors to
   determine if digitally signed objects are valid by verifying digital
   signatures using the trust anchor's public key and by enforcing the
   constraints expressed in the associated data.  This document
   describes some of the problems associated with the lack of a standard
   trust anchor management mechanism as well as problems that must be
   addressed by such a mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wallace-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-wallace-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wallace-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce