Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sharhalakis-httphreq-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Header Request for HTTP
	Author(s)	: S. Harhalakis
	Filename	: draft-sharhalakis-httphreq-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-9-4
	
This document describes a method that extends HTTP to support
   optional on-demand headers as an addition to its dialogs.  Any server
   side application using this method becomes able to request additional
   headers from conforming HTTP clients.  It can also serve as an
   intermediate step for introducing new HTTP headers without placing
   the need for always exchanging them.

   An additional HTTP header is described and its ABNF description is
   provided.  IANA is requested to extend its HTTP registry to support
   the 'on-demand' flag.  IANA is also requested to provide support for
   header names that actually identify groups of headers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sharhalakis-httphreq-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sharhalakis-httphreq-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sharhalakis-httphreq-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce