Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-checksum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Checksum Ciphersuites for the Bundle Protocol
	Author(s)	: W. Eddy, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-checksum-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2007-9-18
	
   The Delay-Tolerant Networking Bundle Protocol includes a custody
   transfer mechanism to provide acknowledgements of receipt for
   particular bundles.  No checksum is included in the basic DTN Bundle
   Protocol, however, so it is not possible to verify that bundles have
   been either forwarded or passed through various convergence layers
   without errors having been introduced.  This document remedies the
   situation by defining ciphersuites for use within the Bundle Security
   Protocol's Payload Security Block to provide error-detection
   functions regardless of an implementation's support for other, more
   heavy-weight, security-providing ciphersuites.  This creates the
   checksum service needed for error-free reliability, but does so at
   the expense of divorcing security concerns from the few new
   ciphersuite definitions.  This document lengthily discusses the pros
   and cons of this approach and the discussion points that combined to
   drive this design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-checksum-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-checksum-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-checksum-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce