Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Distributing a Symmetric FMIPv6 Handover Key using SEND
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-9-26
	
Fast Mobile IPv6 requires that a Fast Binding Update is secured 
     using a security association shared between an Access Router and a 
     Mobile Node in order to avoid certain attacks. In this document, a 
     method for provisioning a shared key from the Access Router to the 
     Mobile Node is defined to protect this signaling. The Mobile Node 
     generates a public/private key pair using the same public key 
     algorithm as for SEND (RFC 3971). The Mobile Node sends the public 
     key to the Access Router. The Access Router encrypts a shared 
     handover key using the public key and sends it back to the Mobile 
     Node. The Mobile Node decrypts the shared handover key using the 
     matching private key, and the handover key is then available for 
     generating an authenticator on a Fast Binding Update. The Mobile 
     Node and Access Router use the Router Solicitation for Proxy 
     Advertisement and Proxy Router Advertisement from Fast Mobile IPv6 
     for the key exchange. The key exchange messages are required to 
     have SEND security; that is, the source address is a CGA and the 
     messages are signed using the CGA private key of the sending node.  
     This allows the Access Router, prior to providing the shared 
     handover key, to verify the authorization of the Mobile Node to 
     claim the address so that the previous care-of CGA in the Fast 
     Binding Update can act as the name of the key.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce