Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arumaithurai-nsis-pcn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: NSIS PCN-QoSM: A Quality of Service Model for Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN)
	Author(s)	: M. Arumaithurai
	Filename	: draft-arumaithurai-nsis-pcn-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-9-4
	
   This document describes a Quality of Service model (QOSM), for
   networks that support the use of the Controlled load service over a
   Diffserv cloud using pre-congestion notification.  Ths is a technique
   to perform admission control in a Diffserv network by measuring the
   congestion level in a domain.  New flows are admitted only if the
   current congestion level is below the allowed threshold.  When the
   controlled load in a domain exceeds a certain threshold, the egress
   prompts the ingress to pre-empt certain flows.  This proposal is
   based on the proposal made by B.Briscoe et al., for the extension of
   RSVP to support the Controlled load service over a Diffserv cloud
   using pre-congestion notification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arumaithurai-nsis-pcn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-arumaithurai-nsis-pcn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arumaithurai-nsis-pcn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce