Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reitzel-ipv4-source-routing-is-evil-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Deprecation of Source Routing Options in IPv4
	Author(s)	: A. Reitzel
	Filename	: draft-reitzel-ipv4-source-routing-is-evil-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2007-9-11
	
   [RFC0791] defines two IPv4 options called "Strict Source Routing" and
   "Loose Source Routing".  Functionality provided by these options can
   be exploited in order to perform remote network discovery, to bypass
   firewalls and to achieve packet amplification for the purposes of
   generating denial-of-service traffic.  This document updates RFC 791
   to deprecate the use of the IPv4 Strict Source Routing Option as well
   as the IPv4 Loose Source Routing Option.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reitzel-ipv4-source-routing-is-evil-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-reitzel-ipv4-source-routing-is-evil-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reitzel-ipv4-source-routing-is-evil-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce