Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for PCE-Based Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: E. Oki, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-05.txt
	Pages		: 1
	Date		: 2007-9-21
	
A network may comprise multiple layers. It is important to 
     globally optimize network resource utilization, taking into 
     account all layers, rather than optimizing resource utilization at 
     each layer independently. This allows better network efficiency to 
     be achieved through a process that we call inter-layer traffic 
     engineering. The Path Computation Element (PCE) can be a powerful 
     tool to achieve inter-layer traffic engineering. 

   This document describes a framework for applying the PCE-based 
   architecture to inter-layer Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and 
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) traffic engineering. It provides 
   suggestions for the deployment of PCE in support of multi-layer 
   networks. This document also describes network models where PCE 
   performs inter-layer traffic engineering, and the relationship 
   between PCE and a functional component called the Virtual Network 
   Topology Manager (VNTM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce