Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A common framework for autoconfiguration of ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: K. Mase, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-9-24
	
We consider the unique address/prefix autoconfiguration problem for
   MANETs.  Specifically, we consider two cases.  First, a node without
   a pre-assigned and valid local address/prefix acquires a new local
   address/prefix and becomes a member of a new or existing MANET.
   Second, two or more MANETs merge.  In the first case, a mechanism of
   IP address/prefix generation is needed.  We may have MANET-wide
   duplicate address/prefix detection (DAD) on newly generated address/
   prefix (tentative address/prefix) for suppressing occurrence of
   address/prefix conflict with existing address/prefixes (pre-service
   DAD).  In the second case, duplicate address/prefix may occur as the
   result of a merger of two formerly independent networks.  We may have
   DAD on addresses/prefixes in use for detecting and resolving
   duplicate addresses/prefixes and suppressing routing information
   contamination due to existence of duplicate addresses/prefixes (in-
   service DAD).  To define pre-service DAD and in-service DAD, we use
   autoconfiguration phases that are common for both proactive and
   reactive routing protocol.  Each node exists in one of the
   autoconfiguration phases at any time.  A node, that detects duplicate
   address/prefix between other nodes, may advertise the detected
   duplicate address/prefix to all other nodes in the MANET.  This is
   termed "Duplicate address/prefix advertisement" (DAA).  The specific
   DAD and DAA algorithm is beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce