Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 00:10:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Metrics for the Evaluation of Congestion Control Mechanisms
	Author(s)       : I. TMRG
	Filename        : draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2007-10-06

This document discusses the metrics to be considered in an
 evaluation of new or modified congestion control mechanisms for the
 Internet.  These include metrics for the evaluation of new transport
 protocols, of proposed modifications to TCP, of application-level
 congestion control, and of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanisms
 in the router.  This document is the first in a series of documents
 aimed at improving the models that we use in the evaluation of
 transport protocols.

 This document is a product of the Transport Modeling Research Group
 (TMRG), and has received detailed feedback from many members of the
 Research Group (RG).  As the document tries to make clear, there is
 not necessarily a consensus within the research community (or the
 IETF community, the vendor community, the operations community, or
 any other community) about the metrics that congestion control
 mechanisms should be designed to optimize, in terms of tradeoffs
 between throughput and delay, fairness between competing flows, and
 the like.  However, we believe that there is a clear consensus that
 congestion control mechanisms should be evaluated in terms of
 tradeoffs between a range of metrics, rather than in terms of
 optimizing for a single metric.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce