Subject: I-D Action:draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:40:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-10-26

The emergency services architecture developed in the IETF Emergency
Context Resolution with Internet Technology (ECRIT) working group
describes an architecture where location information is provided by
access networks to end points in order to determine the correct dial
string and information to route the call to a Public Safety Answering
Point (PSAP).  For determining the PSAP Uniform Resource Identifier
(URI) the usage of the Location-to-Service Translation (LoST)
Protocol is envisioned.

This document explores the architectural impact for the IETF
emergency services architecture for situations where the Internet
Access Provider (IAP) and/or the Internet Service Provider (ISP) are
only willing to disclose limited or no location information.

This document provides a problem statement and lists requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce