Subject: I-D Action:draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:30:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Content Constraints X.509 Certificate Extension
	Author(s)       : R. Housley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2007-10-04

This document specifies the syntax and semantics for the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) content constraints X.509
certificate extension.  This extension is used to determine whether
the public key in an X.509 public key certificate is appropriate to
use in the processing of a protected content.  In particular, the CMS
content constraints certificate extension is one part of the
authorization decision; it is used when validating a digital
signature on a CMS SignedData content or validating a message
authentication code (MAC) on a CMS AuthenticatedData content or CMS
AuthEnvelopedData content.  The signed or authenticated content type
is identified by an ASN.1 object identifier, and this certificate
extension indicates the content types that the certified public key
is authorized to validate.  If the authorization check is successful,
the CMS content constraints certificate extension also provides
default values for absent attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce