Subject: I-D Action:draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:30:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP/IP VPNs: BGP Support for IPv4 and IPv6 Tunneled Layer Three Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
	Author(s)       : L. Berger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2007-10-24

The basic principles for the control of IP Virtual Private Networks
(VPNs) using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is defined in BGP/MPLS IP
VPNs for both IPv4 and IPv6.  These definitions are limited to
networks and routers that support Multiprotocol Label Switching
(MPLS).  This document extends BGP based control of IP VPNs to any IP
VPN technology that use tunnels that are identified based on IP
addresses rather than MPLS labels.  Examples of IP tunnel technology
include IP-in-IP, GRE, and IPsec tunnels.  Support for IPv4 and IPv6
VPNs and tunnels are defined.  It is expected that the extensions
defined in this document will be most useful in environments where it
is not possible to use MPLS, such as in customer provided VPNs.Contents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce