Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Data Acknowledgement with Non-Renegable Selective Acknowledgements (NR-SACKs).
	Author(s)	: P. Natarajan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2007-10-29
	
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960] specifies
   Selective Acknowledgements (SACKs) to allow a transport layer data
   receiver to acknowledge DATA chunks which arrive out-of-order.  In
   SCTP, SACK information is advisory because the data receiver is
   permitted to renege; that is, later discard a DATA chunk which
   previously has been SACKed.  Since delivery of a SACKed out-of-order
   DATA chunk is not guaranteed, a copy of this DATA chunk MUST be kept
   in the data sender's retransmission queue until this DATA chunk is
   cumulatively acked.

   This document specifies Non-Renegable Selective Acknowledgements (NR-
   SACKs), an extension to SCTP's acknowledgment mechanism.  NR-SACKs
   enable a data receiver to explicitly acknowledge out-of-order DATA
   chunks that have been delivered to the receiving application.
   (Recall that, in SCTP, out-of-order data sometimes can be delivered.)
   NR-SACKs also enable a data receiver to indicate any out-of-order
   DATA chunks on which the receiver guarantees never to renege.  As
   opposed to SACKed DATA chunks, a sender can consider NR-SACKed DATA
   chunks as never requiring retransmission, thus freeing space in the
   data sender's retransmission queue sooner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce