Subject: I-D Action:draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:00:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
	Author(s)       : P. Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 144
	Date            : 2007-10-05

This document defines the core features of the Extensible Messaging
and Presence Protocol (XMPP), a technology for streaming Extensible
Markup Language (XML) elements in order to exchange structured
information in close to real time between any two or more network-
aware entities.  XMPP provides a generalized, extensible framework
for incrementally exchanging XML data, upon which a variety of
applications can be built.  The framework includes methods for stream
setup and teardown, channel encryption, authentication of a client to
a server and of one server to another server, and primitives for
push-style messages, publication of network availability information
("presence"), and request-response interactions between any two XMPP
entities.  This document also specifies the format for XMPP
addresses, which are fully internationalizable.

This document obsoletes RFC 3920.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce