Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-cfrg-fast-mac-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:00:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements on Fast Message Authentication Codes
	Author(s)       : D. McGrew, B. Weis
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-fast-mac-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2007-10-29

This memo outlines requirements guiding the development of a fast
Message Authentication Code (MAC) algorithm suitable for use with
many IETF protocols, but in particular routing protocols that use a
MAC for packet authentication.

It is widely conjectured that secure MACs that are fast in software
are possible, and many interesting MACs have appeared in the
literature.  Nevertheless, none of these MACs have seen broad
adoption, and none are a good match for the routing protocol case.
We hope that this memo brings together MAC designers and MAC users
for a fruitful discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-fast-mac-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-cfrg-fast-mac-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-fast-mac-requirements-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce