Subject: I-D Action:draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:00:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Saratoga: A Scalable File Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)       : L. Wood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-00.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2007-10-29

This document specifies the Saratoga transfer protocol.  Saratoga was
originally developed to efficiently transfer remote-sensing imagery
from a low-Earth-orbiting satellite constellation, but is useful for
many other scenarios, including ad-hoc peer-to-peer communications,
delay-tolerant networking, and grid computing.  Saratoga is a simple,
lightweight, content dissemination protocol that uses UDP or UDP-
Lite.  Saratoga is intended for use when moving files or streaming
data between peers which may have only sporadic or intermittent
connectivity, and is capable of transferring very large amounts of
data reliably under adverse conditions.  The Saratoga protocol is
designed to cope with highly asymmetric link or path capacity between
peers, and can support fully-unidirectional data transfer if
required.  In scenarios with dedicated links, Saratoga focuses on
high link utilization to make the most of limited connectivity times,
while standard congestion control mechanisms can be implemented for
operation over shared links.  Loss recovery is implemented via a
simple negative-ack ARQ mechanism.  The protocol specified in this
document is considered to be appropriate for experimental use on
private IP networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce