Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Profile for Datagram Congestion Control 
                          Protocol (DCCP) Congestion ID 4: TCP-Friendly 
                          Rate Control for Small Packets (TFRC-SP)
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, E. Kohler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-10-16
	
   This document specifies an experimental profile for Congestion
   Control Identifier 4, the Small-Packet variant of TCP-Friendly Rate
   Control (TFRC), in the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).
   CCID 4 is for experimental use, and uses TFRC-SP [RFC4828], a variant
   of TFRC designed for applications that send small packets.  CCID 4 is
   considered experimental because TFRC-SP is itself experimental, and
   is not proposed for widespread deployment in the global Internet at
   this time.  The goal for TFRC-SP is to achieve roughly the same
   bandwidth in bits per second (bps) as a TCP flow using packets of up
   to 1500 bytes but experiencing the same level of congestion.  CCID 4
   is for experimental use for senders that send small packets and would
   like a TCP-friendly sending rate, possibly with Explicit Congestion
   Notification (ECN), while minimizing abrupt rate changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce