Subject: I-D Action:draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:10:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP/IP VPNs: BGP and CE-Based Virtual Private Networks
	Author(s)       : L. Berger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-10-24

This memo describes a routing architecture that is most applicable to
Customer Edge (CE)-based Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).

In this architecture, customer devices use BGP to exchange VPN routes
with one another. The BGP UPDATES include a new attribute that
identifies the endpoint of a tunnel that can be used to reach a
particular VPN prefix.  The encapsulation strategy described in this
memo is more flexible than that described in RFC 4364. In this
architecture, the edge router can encapsulate the original datagram
twice, as in RFC 4364. In this case, the inner header provides VPN
context and the outer header identifies the tunnel between edge
routers. Alternatively, the edge router can encapsulate the original
datagram only once, with the tunnel providing both VPN context and
identifying a tunnel to the remote edge router.Contents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-berger-l3vpn-ip-tunnels-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce