Subject: I-D Action:draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:40:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Agent-based multicast support for moving networks (NEMO)
	Author(s)       : D. von Hugo
	Filename        : draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2007-10-25

This document describes an approach to support multicast listeners and 
senders located within a moving IPv6 network (NEMO). A NEMO
is built up by at least one Mobile Router (MR) and a set of Mobile 
Network Nodes (MNNs).  The MR handles all routing related tasks to 
provide connectivity between the MNNs and an access network

including mobility management.  Correspondingly the MR also 
subscribes to multicast groups and forwards emerging multicast
 traffic on behalf of a MNN.
For optimised routing of multicast data a hierarchical multicast

agent is introduced as a logical entity providing an anchor to the 
multicast tree.  In the MR a corresponding functionality is defined 
which decides on the location of the specific agent to be used for a 
distinct multicast traffic.

Conventions used in this document
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce