Subject: I-D Action:draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Quick-Start for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, A. Sathiaseelan
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2007-11-13

This document specifies the use of the Quick-Start mechanism by the 
Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).  DCCP is a transport 
protocol that allows the transmission of congestion-controlled, 
unreliable datagrams.  DCCP is intended for applications such as 
streaming media, Internet telephony, and on-line games.  In DCCP, an 
application has a choice of congestion control mechanisms, each 
specified by a Congestion Control Identifier (CCID). This document 
specifies general procedures applicable to all DCCP CCIDs and 
specific procedures for the use of Quick-Start with DCCP CCID-2 and 
CCID-3.  Quick-Start enables a DCCP sender to cooperate with any 
Quick-Start routers along the end-to-end path to determine an 
allowed sending rate at the start and, at times, in the middle of a 
DCCP connection (e.g., after an idle or application-limited period).  
The present specification is provided for use in controlled 
environments, and not as a mechanism that would be intended or 
appropriate for ubiquitous deployment in the global Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce