Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reliable Delivery for syslog
	Author(s)       : D. New, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2007-11-08

The syslog protocol describes a number of service options related to
propagating event messages.  This memo describes a mapping of the
syslog protocol to TCP connections, useful for reliable delivery of
event messages through the use of a BEEP profile.  The earlier RAW
and COOKED BEEP syslog profiles are deprecated.  The use of syslog
over BEEP provides robustness and security in message delivery that
is unavailable to the usual UDP-based syslog protocol, by providing
encryption and authentication over a connection-oriented protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-rfc3195bis-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce