Subject: I-D Action:draft-roca-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:30:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols
	Author(s)       : V. Roca
	Filename        : draft-roca-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document introduces two schemes that provide a per-packet
authentication and integrity service in the context of the ALC and
NORM protocols.  The first scheme is based on digital signatures.
Because it relies on asymmetric cryptography, this scheme generates a
high processing load at the sender and to a lesser extent at a
receiver, as well as a significant transmission overhead.  It is
therefore well suited to low data rate sessions.  The second scheme
relies on a group Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Because this
scheme relies symmetric cryptography, MAC calculation and
verification are fast operations, which makes it suited to high data
rate sessions.  However it only provides a group authentication and
integrity service, which means that it only protects against
attackers that are not group members.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-roca-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roca-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce