Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-netlmm-fmip-mnagno-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:40:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mobile Node Agnostic Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : F. Xia, B. Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-xia-netlmm-fmip-mnagno-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-11-17

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a mobile node agnostic mobility
management protocol, that is, a mobile node does not implement any
mobility management protocol.  This document proposes an enhancement
to PMIPv6 protocol in order to improve layer 3 handover performance
and to transfer context borrowing some ideas from Fast Handovers for
Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) protocol.  In predictive mode, the previous
mobile access gateway (PMAG) transfers context to the next MAG (NMAG)
using Handover Indication (HI) message, while in reactive mode, NMAG
uses Fast Binding Update (FBU) to request context from PMAG.  A bi-
directional tunnel is established between PMAG and NMAG to transfer
packets during handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-netlmm-fmip-mnagno-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xia-netlmm-fmip-mnagno-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xia-netlmm-fmip-mnagno-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce