Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-farah-adntf-adns-guidelines-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for an Arabic Domain Name System (ADNS)
	Author(s)	: M. Farah, et al.
	Filename	: draft-farah-adntf-adns-guidelines-03.txt,.ps,.pdf
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-11-9
	
There have been several attempts aimed at developing an Arabic Domain 
	Name System (ADNS) using Arabic characters in an Arabic-language 
	coherent fashion.  In the beginning of the second quarter of 2003, an 
	Arabic Domain Name Task Force (ADNTF) was formed under the auspices 
	of United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia 
	(ESCWA), and the guidance of Multilingual Internet Names Consortium 
	(MINC); one of its main objectives was to help define standards for 
	ADNS through a Request For Comments (RFC) document.  This document 
	resolves many technical and linguistic issues, including the adoption 
	of the client-side DNS-based approach to name resolution; syntax of 
	the proposed Arabic Domain Names together with the character set and 
	many Arabic language-specific issues were clearly resolved.  This 
	Internet-Draft proposes guidelines that are compatible with the 
	Internet Consortium for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and the 
	Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as far as Domain Names System 
	(DNS) and Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) standards are 
	concerned.  Technical, management, operational, and language-specific 
	issues are discussed and recommendations are made.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farah-adntf-adns-guidelines-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-farah-adntf-adns-guidelines-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farah-adntf-adns-guidelines-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce