Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:15:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Address Assignment to End Sites
	Author(s)	: T. Narten, et al.
	Filename	: draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-11-20
	
RFC 3177 argued that in IPv6, end sites should be assigned /48 blocks
   in most cases. The Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) adopted that
   recommendation in 2002, but began reconsidering the policy in 2005.
   This document revisits and updates the RFC 3177 recommendations on
   the assignment of IPv6 address space to end sites.  The exact choice
   of how much address space to assign end sites is a policy issue under
   the purview of the RIRs, subject to IPv6 architectural and
   operational considerations. This document reviews the architectural
   and operational considerations of end site assignments as well as the
   motivations behind the original 3177 recommendations. The document
   clarifies that changing the /48 recommendation is one of policy, and
   has minimal impact on the IPv6 architecture and on IETF Standards.

   This document updates and replaces RFC 3177.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce