Subject: I-D Action:draft-kulkarni-pim-gr-enhancement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 05:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PIM GR Enhancement for BSR, BIDIR and SM
	Author(s)       : A. Patel, J. Kulkarni
	Filename        : draft-kulkarni-pim-gr-enhancement-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2007-11-12

This document suggests the GR enhancement for BSR, BIDIR and
  PIM-SM. 

 -This draft suggests a mechanism to refresh 

  E-BSR state and to learn RP-Set on Rebooted E-BSR Router quickly. 

 -This draft suggests a mechanism for PIM-BIDIR Downstream Routers to 

  refresh the (*, G) state only after 'Rebooted Upstream Router has

  learnt the RP Information and DF election is complete'. 

 -This draft suggests a mechanism for PIM-SM Downstream Router to 

  delay the (*, G) joins to allow RP Information to be learnt on 

  Rebooted Upstream Router. It also suggests the mechanism to refresh 

  the Assert-Winner or Assert-Loser state on Rebooting Router.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kulkarni-pim-gr-enhancement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kulkarni-pim-gr-enhancement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kulkarni-pim-gr-enhancement-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce