Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-applications-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using the Host Identity Protocol with Legacy Applications
	Author(s)       : T. Henderson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-applications-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document is an informative overview of how legacy applications
can be made to work with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  HIP
proposes to add a cryptographic name space for network stack names.
>From an application viewpoint, HIP-enabled systems support a new
address family of host identifiers, but it may be a long time until
such HIP-aware applications are widely deployed even if host systems
are upgraded.  This informational document discusses implementation
and Application Programming Interface (API) issues relating to using
HIP in situations in which the system is HIP-aware but the
applications are not, and is intended to aid implementors and early
adopters in thinking about and locally solving systems issues
regarding the incremental deployment of HIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-applications-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-hip-applications-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-applications-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce