Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The DCCP Service Code
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2007-11-18

This document describes the usage of Service Codes by the Datagram 
Congestion Control Protocol, RFC 4340. This document motivates the 
setting of Service Codes by applications. Service Codes provide a 
method to identify the intended service/application to process a DCCP 
connection request. This provides improved flexibility in the use and 
assignment of port numbers for connection multiplexing. The use of a 
DCCP Service Code can also enable more explicit coordination of 
services with middleboxes (e.g. network address translators and 
firewalls). It updates the description provided in RFC 4340.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce