Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-tpa-ssp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 02:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Third-Party Authorization for Sender Signer Practices
	Author(s)       : D. Otis
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-tpa-ssp-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2007-11-19

TPA-SSP (DKIM Third-Party Authorization for Sender Signing Practices)
is a DNS-based label prefix mechanism for authorizing Third-Party
domains.  This mechanism allows a first-party domain to autonomously
authorize a range of third-party domains in a scalable, individual
DNS transaction.  This authorization can extend the scope of DKIM-SSP
policy assertions and eliminate more difficult to administer
mechanisms.  Alternatives for facilitating third-party authorizations
currently necessitate coordination between two domains by setting up
selector/key DNS records, DNS zone delegations, or the regular
exchange of public/private keys.

Checking Sender Signing Practices occurs when a From header email-
address is not within the domain of a valid DKIM signature.  When a
Third-Party signature is found, TPA-SSP offers an efficient means for
the email address domain within the From header to specifically
authorize other third-party signing domains.  The scope of the
authorization may also assert identity authentication for Sender and
Resent-* headers for email-addresses within the signing domain.
Identity authentication within the From header domain may be asserted
by the scope of the authorization, even when signed by a Third-Party
domain.  In addition, the RFC2821.MailFrom domain can authorize
domains for controlling DSNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-ssp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otis-dkim-tpa-ssp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-ssp-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce