Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Flow selection Techniques
	Author(s)	: L. Peluso, et al.
	Filename	: draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-11-20
	
Flow selection is the process in charge of electing a limited number
   of flows from all of those observed at an observation point to be
   considered into the measurement process chain.  The flow selection
   process can be enabled at different stages of the monitoring
   reference model.  It can be performed at metering time once the
   packet classification has been executed, i.e. flow state dependent
   packet sampling, or at recording/exporting time by limiting the
   number of flows to be stored and/or exported to the collector
   applications.  This document illustrates the motivations which might
   lead flow selection to be performed and presents a classification of
   the related techniques.  The document furthermore provides the basis
   for the definition of information models for configuring flow
   selection techniques and discusses what information about the flow
   selection process is beneficial to be exported by adopting a suitable
   information model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce