Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: OAM (Operation, Administration and Maintenance) for Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
	Author(s)	: O. Stokes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2007-11-19
	
This document describes a methodology and a set of mechanisms for 
   Operation, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) of a general VPN 
   (Virtual Private Network) service, that is applied here to a Virtual 
   Private LAN Service [RFC4761][RFC4762]. [L2VPN-CFM] describes the 
   capabilities of CFM [802.1ag] and VCCV [VCCV] for OAM operations 
   among the bridge module components in the VPLS. The OAM functions 
   described in this document builds the additional capabilities into 
   VPLS OAM to detect, verify and isolate connectivity faults among the 
   VPLS forwarder components. The methodology adopted extends LSP Ping 
   concepts described in [RFC4379] and VCCV capabilities described in 
   [VCCV].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-vpls-oam-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce