Subject: I-D Action:draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Packet Delay Variation Applicability Statement
	Author(s)       : A. Morton, B. Claise
	Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2007-11-18

Packet delay variation metrics appear in many different standards
documents.  The metric definition in RFC 3393 has considerable
flexibility, and it allows multiple formulations of delay variation
through the specification of different packet selection functions.

Although flexibility provides wide coverage and room for new ideas,
it can make comparisons of independent implementations more
difficult.  Two different formulations of delay variation have come
into wide use in the context of active measurements.  This memo
examines a range of circumstances for active measurements of delay
variation and their uses, and recommends which of the two forms is
best matched to particular conditions and tasks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce