Subject: I-D Action:draft-dolganow-pwe3-ospf-ms-pw-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:10:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Extensions for Dynamic Multi-segment Pseudo Wires
	Author(s)       : M. Bocci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dolganow-pwe3-ospf-ms-pw-ext-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2007-11-19

Multi-segment pseudowires have been defined to enable emulated layer 
1 and layer 2 services to be delivered from an IP based packet 
switched network over a sparse mesh of PSN tunnels and PW control 
protocol sessions. MS-PWs can be used to scale PW based networks over 
both a single AS, or between multiple ASs, and there is a particular 
need to be able to dynamically route MS-PWs through a given AS to 
reach PEs at or beyond the edge of the AS, where the route of the PW 
through each AS needs to be automatically determined. 

This draft proposes extensions to OSPF to enable the automatic 
advertisement of summarized PW FECs, thus enabling the dynamic 
routing of MS-PWs across an OSPF domain. 

Conventions used in this document 

In examples, "C:" and "S:" indicate lines sent by the client and 
server respectively. 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dolganow-pwe3-ospf-ms-pw-ext-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dolganow-pwe3-ospf-ms-pw-ext-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dolganow-pwe3-ospf-ms-pw-ext-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce