Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Authenticated Encryption with AES-CBC and HMAC-SHA1 (and other generic combinations of ciphers and MACs)
	Author(s)	: D. McGrew
	Filename	: draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-11-13
	
   This document specifies algorithms for authenticated encryption with
   additional authenticated data (AEAD) that are based on the
   composition of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in the Cipher
   Block Chaining (CBC) mode of operation for encryption, and the HMAC-
   SHA1 message authentication code (MAC).  It also separately defines a
   generic composition method that can be used with other MACs and
   randomized ciphers.

   These algorithms are randomized, and thus are suitable for use with
   applications that cannot provide distinct nonces to each invocation
   of the AEAD encrypt operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce