Subject: I-D Action:draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Head Node Protection Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels
	Author(s)       : W. Cao, M. Chen
	Filename        : draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-11-17

Protection methods for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP have been described in [TE-
FRR]([RFC4090]) and [P2MP-TE-Bypass], but there are no solutions to 
protect an RSVP-TE P2MP head node. This document discusses the 
scenario for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP head node failure protection and 
describes the protection procedures. RSVP-TE extensions for such 
protection are also described. 

To protect the head node, a backup head node is appointed which 
forwards traffic to downstream LSRs of the LSP when the protected 
head node fails. The backup head node is not on the path of protected 
LSP. Similar to [TE-FRR] there are two methods that can apply: one-

 to-one backup and facility backup. Only one-to-one backup is 
described in detail here, facility backup will be discussed in a 
future version of this draft. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce