Subject: I-D Action:draft-burger-sipping-kpml-basic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Baisc Profile of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Key Press Stimulus (KPML)
	Author(s)       : E. Burger
	Filename        : draft-burger-sipping-kpml-basic-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2007-11-11

This document describes a profile of the SIP Event Package "kpml"
that enables simple monitoring of DTMF signals and uses XML documents
referred to as Key Press Markup Language (KPML).  This profile
assumes devices of lesser capability that may have trouble parsing
subscription requests or producing generic XML documents.  This is a
profile of RFC 4730, KPML.Conventions used in this document

RFC2119 [1] provides the interpretations for the key words "MUST",
"MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT",
"RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" found in this document.

The Application Interaction Framework document [9] provides the
interpretations for the terms "User Device", "SIP Application", and
"User Input".  This document uses the term "Application" and
"Requesting Application" interchangeably with "SIP Application".

Additionally, the Application Interaction Framework document
discusses User Device Proxies.  A common instantiation of a User
Device Proxy is a Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) gateway.
Because the normative behavior of a presentation free User Interface
is identical for a presentation free SIP User Agent and a
presentation free User Device Proxy, this document uses "User Device"
for both cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-kpml-basic-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-burger-sipping-kpml-basic-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-kpml-basic-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce