Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using DHCPv6 for Prefix Delegation in IEEE 802.16 Networks
	Author(s)       : F. Xia, B. Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2007-11-17

In the 802.16 Per-MS interface prefix model, one prefix can only be
assigned to one interface of a mobile station by an access router and
different mobile stations can't share a prefix.  Managing Per-MS
interface prefixes is likely to increase the processing load at the
access router.  Based on the idea that DHCPv6 servers can manage
prefixes as well as addresses, we propose a new technique in which
the access router offloads delegation and release tasks of the
prefixes to an DHCPv6 server.  The access router first requests a
prefix for an incoming mobile station to the DHCPv6 server.  The
access router next advertises the prefix information to the mobile
station with a Router Advertisement message.  When the mobile station
hands off, the prefix is returned to the DHCPv6 server.  We also
describe how AAA servers can help in prefix delegation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce