Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-protocol-success-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : What Makes For a Successful Protocol?
	Author(s)       : D. Thaler, B. Aboba
	Filename        : draft-iab-protocol-success-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2007-11-19

The Internet community has specified a large number of protocols to
date, and these protocols have achieved varying degrees of success.
Based on case studies, this document attempts to ascertain factors
that contribute to or hinder a protocol's success.  It is hoped that
these observations can serve as guidance for future protocol work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-protocol-success-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-protocol-success-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-protocol-success-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implemFrom [email-masked] Mon Nov 19 01:12:17 2007
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:10:01 -0500
Subject: I-D Action:draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-02.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Adding Acknowledgement Congestion Control to TCP
	Author(s)       : S. Floyd, I. Property
	Filename        : draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-02.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document adds an optional congestion control mechanism for
acknowledgement traffic (ACKs) to TCP.  The document specifies an
end-to-end acknowledgement congestion control mechanism for TCP that
uses participation from both TCP hosts, the TCP data sender and the
TCP data receiver.  The TCP data sender detects lost and ECN-marked
ACK packets, and tells the TCP data receiver the ACK Ratio R to use
to respond to the congestion on the reverse path from the data
receiver to the data sender.  The TCP data receiver sends roughly one
ACK packet for every R data packets received.  This mechanism is
based on the acknowledgement congestion control in DCCP's CCID 2.
This acknowledgement congestion control mechanism is being proposed
as an experimental mechanism for TCP for evaluation by the network
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODINentation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce