Subject: I-D Action:draft-kojo-tcpm-frto-eval-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:10:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evaluation of RFC 4138
	Author(s)       : M. Kojo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kojo-tcpm-frto-eval-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2007-11-19

Forward-RTO recovery (F-RTO) specified in RFC 4138 is an algorithm
 for detecting a spurious retransmission timeout with TCP and SCTP.
 This document describes the advantages of F-RTO and summarizes the
 experience in its implementations and the experiments conducted with
 it. By analyzing the implications of the spurious retransmission
 timeouts on the regular RTO recovery and Forward-RTO recovery
 algorithm, including a detailed corner case analysis, it shows that
 F-RTO does not have negative impact on the network when used with an
 appropriate response algorithm even in the rare cases where F-RTO
 falsely declares a retransmission timeout spurious. It concludes
 with a recommendation that F-RTO is to be advanced to the standards
 track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kojo-tcpm-frto-eval-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kojo-tcpm-frto-eval-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kojo-tcpm-frto-eval-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce