Subject: I-D Action:draft-newman-email-subaddr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internet Email Subaddressing
	Author(s)       : D. Cridland
	Filename        : draft-newman-email-subaddr-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2007-11-16

It is often useful for a single user to have multiple email addresses
which can be used to assist categorizing incoming email.  One way of
doing this is to divide the local-part of an email address into user
and detail parts.  The user part is used to route the message within
the specified domain and the detail part is used to route the message
according to a particular user's wishes.

This specification formalizes the de-facto standard for subaddressing
in use today and includes advice and requirements for final delivery
agents, MUAs and mail list servers which wish to support
subaddressing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newman-email-subaddr-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-newman-email-subaddr-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-newman-email-subaddr-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce