Subject: I-D Action:draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensions to the Emergency Services Architecture for dealing with Unauthenticated and Unauthorized Devices
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2007-11-19

The IETF emergency services architecture assumes that access to a
network has already happened using the traditional network access
authentication procedures or that no authentication for network
access is needed (e.g., in case of public hotspots).  Subsequent
protocol interactions, such as obtaining location information,
learning the address of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) and
the emergency call itself are largely decoupled from the underlying
network access procedures.

There are, however, cases where a device is not in possession of
credentials for network access, does not have a VoIP provider, or
where the credentials are available but became invalid due to various
reasons (e.g., credit exhaustion, expired accounts, etc.).

This document provides a problem statement, introduces terminology
and describes an extension for the base IETF emergency services
architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce