Subject: I-D Action:draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IETF Statement on IPv4 Exhaustion and IPv6 Deployment
	Author(s)       : T. Narten
	Filename        : draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2007-11-12

Over the last year, the Internet community has slowly come to realize
that the IANA and RIR IPv4 free address pool will be exhausted within
no more than 3-4 years, and possibly sooner.  At that point, it will
become increasingly difficult for ISPs and end sites to obtain the
public IPv4 address space they need to expand operations.

IPv6 was developed to address the IPv4 address exhaustion problem,
but widespread deployment has barely begun.  This document reiterates
the IETF's support and continued commitment to IPv6.  IPv6 deployment
is still necessary to ensure the continued growth and expansion of
the Internet.  Deployment of IPv6 is needed to preserve important
Internet properties that have made it a success and enable new
generations of applications and services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce