Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-simple-view-sharing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 02:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Optimizing Federated Presence with View Sharing
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-simple-view-sharing-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2007-11-12

Presence federation refers to the exchange of presence information
between systems.  One of the primary challenges in presence
federation is scale.  With a large number of watchers in one domain
obtaining presence for many presentities in another, the amount of
notification traffic is large.  This document describes an extension
to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event framework, called view
sharing.  View sharing can substantially reduce the amount of
traffic, but requires a certain level of trust between domains.  View
sharing allows the amount of presence traffic between domains to
achieve the theoretical lower bound on information exchange in any
presence system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-simple-view-sharing-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-simple-view-sharing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-simple-view-sharing-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce