Subject: I-D Action:draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:00:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Rogue IPv6 Router Advertisement Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : T. Chown, S. Venaas
	Filename        : draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2007-11-12

When deploying IPv6 networks, whether IPv6-only or dual-stack,
routers are configured to use IPv6 Router Advertisements to convey
information to on link nodes that enable them to autoconfigure on the
network.  This information includes the implied default router
address taken from the observed source address of the Router
Advertisement (RA) message.  However, in some networks 'bogus' RAs
are observed, which may be present due to misconfigurations or
possibly malicious attacks on the network.  In this draft we
summarise the scenarios in which rogue RAs may be observed, and we
present a list of possible solutions to the problem.  The goal of
this draft is to present a framework around which solutions can be
proposed and discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce