Subject: I-D Action:draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:30:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Pre-Congestion Notification Using Single Marking for Admission and Termination
	Author(s)       : A. Charny, et al.
	Filename        : draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-03.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2007-11-18

Pre-Congestion Notification described in
[I-D.eardley-pcn-architecture] and earlier in
[I-D.briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture] approach proposes the use of an
Admission Control mechanism to limit the amount of real-time PCN
traffic to a configured level during the normal operating conditions,
and the use of a Flow Termination mechanism to tear-down some of the
flows to bring the PCN traffic level down to a desirable amount
during unexpected events such as network failures, with the goal of
maintaining the QoS assurances to the remaining flows.  In
[I-D.eardley-pcn-architecture], Admission and Flow Termination use
two different markings and two different metering mechanisms in the
internal nodes of the PCN region.  This draft proposes a mechanism
using a single marking and metering for both Admission and Flow
Termination, and presents an analysis of the tradeoffs.  A side-
effect of this proposal is that a different marking and metering
Admission mechanism than that proposed in
[I-D.eardley-pcn-architecture] may be also feasible, and may result
in a number of benefits.  In addition, this draft proposes a
migration path for incremental deployment of this approach as an
intermediate step to the dual-marking approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce