Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: HELD Identity Extensions
	Author(s)	: J. Winterbottom, et al.
	Filename	: draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-11-19
	
When a Location Information Server receives a request for location
   information (using the locationRequest message), described in the
   base HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) specification, it uses the
   source IP address of arriving message as a pointer to the location
   determination process.  This is appropriate in many environments.
   However, when an entity acting on behalf of the Target would like to
   request location information then the source IP address of the
   request will lead to wrong results.  In other cases the IP address is
   not the only identifier that serves as an input to the location
   determination procedure.

   This document extends the HELD protocol to allow the location request
   message to carry additional identifiers assisting the location
   determination process.  It defines a set of URIs for Target
   identifiers and an XML containment schema.  As such, this extension
   is used in conjunction with HELD to provide Target identification.
   Examples and usage in HELD message syntax are provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce