Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:15:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VPLS Interoperability with Provider Backbone Bridges
	Author(s)	: A. Sajassi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2007-11-20
	
The scalability of H-VPLS (either with MPLS or Ethernet access 
   network) can be improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge 
   (PBB) functionality in VPLS access. PBB is being worked on in IEEE 
   as IEEE 802.1ah, which is an amendment to 802.1Q to improve the 
   scalability of MAC addresses and service instances in Provider 
   Ethernet networks. This document describes how IEEE 802.1ah 
   functionality can be used in the H-VPLS access network to attain 
   better scalability in terms of number of customer MAC addresses and 
   number of service instances that can be supported. This document 
   also describes the scenarios and the mechanisms for incorporating 
   PBB functionality within H-VPLS with existing MPLS access or IEEE 
   802.1ad (aka QinQ) Ethernet access and interoperability among them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce