Subject: I-D Action:draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast blackhole mitigation with PIM adjacency conditions on routing announcements
	Author(s)       : T. Morin, G. Cauchie
	Filename        : draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-11-12

In a network running PIM-SM, multicast traffic can fail to be
properly routed and forwarded during some period of time after a
topology change, when unicast routing converges to a new path using a
new next-hop before multicast routing adjacencies are fully setup
with this new next-hop.  At this point, a blackhole appears in the
multicast topology and persists until the PIM adjacency become fully
setup.  This document describes different procedures aiming at
avoiding such blackholes, focusing on the use of non-congruent
unicast routing that takes into account the status of PIM
adjacencies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce