Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lowekamp-sipping-ice-for-sip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Using ICE to establish SIP Dialogs
	Author(s)	: B. Lowekamp, D. Bryan
	Filename	: draft-lowekamp-sipping-ice-for-sip-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-11-13

   This draft explores a way SIP can be extended to allow a new dialog
   directly between the endpoints to replace an initial dialog that had
   one or more proxies in the signalling path.  This technique relies on
   ICE to perform hole punching that allows a direct connection to be
   used in deployments where a sip-outbound proxy or SBC is used to
   establish SIP connections across NAT or firewall boundaries.  It can
   also be used to replace such a dialog with a secure connection
   directly between the endpoints.  This technique can be applied to
   traditional proxy-based SIP routing as well as to emerging P2PSIP
   deployments that lack centrally located proxies.

   This draft describes early work that evolved from ideas initially
   developed for P2PSIP that are no longer being pursued.  We are
   interested in feedback on whether there is broader interest in these
   techniques.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lowekamp-sipping-ice-for-sip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-lowekamp-sipping-ice-for-sip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lowekamp-sipping-ice-for-sip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce