Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-charny-pcn-comparison-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Comparison of Proposed PCN Approaches
	Author(s)	: A. Charny, et al.
	Filename	: draft-charny-pcn-comparison-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2007-11-9
	
   Several, sometimes conflicting proposals have been offered for the
   consideration of the PCN WG regarding PCN internal node and PCN edge
   node behaviors.  Based on the WG charter, the WG needs to make a
   decision on which of the proposed PCN-interior-node and PCN-boundary-
   nodes behaviors to endorse.  The primary goal of this draft is
   twofold.  First, we attempt to summarize the functional differences
   between the proposed alternatives.  Second, we provide a brief
   summary of performance evaluation results.  Finally we propose a view
   on how a (parameterized) specification of the PCN-interior-node
   metering and marking function can be described to enable several of
   the proposed behaviors.  We argue that if this parameterized
   specification is used for specifying the PCN-interior-node behavior,
   then it can support a range of behaviors at the PCN-boundary-node.
   The decision on which of the PCN-boundary-node behaviors to choose
   can then be considered separately.  We also discuss complexities
   associated with choosing such uniform approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-comparison-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-charny-pcn-comparison-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-comparison-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce