Subject: I-D Action:draft-van-beijnum-cga-dhcp-interaction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:20:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interactions between CGA and DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : I. van Beijnum
	Filename        : draft-van-beijnum-cga-dhcp-interaction-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2007-11-12

Cryptographically Generated Addresses as defined for IPv6 Secure
Neighbor Discovery are generated locally on the host using the CGA.
However, it can be desireable for other systems to be involved in the
generation and use of CGAs in a number of ways: offloading the heavy
cryptography for generating or validating CGAs, proxy-generation of
CGAs for hosts that don't support the CGA-related protocols
themselves or registration of CGA addresses for the purposes of
central address administration.  When additional hosts are involved
in aspects of CGA, it's necessary to discover these other hosts
and/or additional configuration items such as the Sec value.  The
DHCPv6 is a natural choice for doing this.  This document provides an
overview of the opportunities and issues in this area.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-cga-dhcp-interaction-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-van-beijnum-cga-dhcp-interaction-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-cga-dhcp-interaction-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce