Subject: I-D Action:draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 05:30:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Real-time text interworking between PSTN and IP networks
	Author(s)       : G. Hellstrom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-11-10

IP networks can support real-time text communication.  SIP-based
real- time text is called Text-over-IP or ToIP.  PSTN networks
support real-time text using textphones (or TTYs).  When real-time
text is supported by different networks, gateways are needed to
provide interoperability.  Real-time text capable gateways may also
support real-time voice.

This specification describes procedures for interworking between ToIP
and PSTN textphones using a real-time text capable gateway (RTT
gateway).  It also describes ways to route calls to RTT gateways for
several call scenarios.

Procedures that support the phased introduction of RTT gateways and
procedures that support the invocation of text channels at any time
during the call are included.  Interworking of PSTN textphones that
do not support simultaneity of voice and text with IP User Agents
that support simultaneous voice and text is also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce