Subject: I-D Action:draft-worley-redundancy-response-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:30:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Supporting Multiple Path Routing in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : D. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-redundancy-response-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2007-11-18

An increasing number of SIP architectures implement multiple path
routing (MPR), which is the providing of more than one path for a
call to reach a destination user agent (UA).  To implement MPR well,
the proxy which forks a request onto the redundant paths needs to be
able to determine if a fork that failed reached the destination UA
and was rejected by the UA (and so an alternate path should not be
tried), or if the fork failed before reaching the UA (and so an
alternate path should be attempted).  This document is to begin a
discussion of strategies for making this determination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-worley-redundancy-response-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce