Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Nodes and Multiple Interfaces in IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiple Care-of Addresses Registration
	Author(s)       : R. Wakikawa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-04.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2007-11-19

According to the current Mobile IPv6 specification, a mobile node may
have several care-of addresses, but only one, termed the primary
care-of address, can be registered with its home agent and the
correspondent nodes.  However, for matters of cost, bandwidth, delay,
etc, it is useful for the mobile node to get Internet access through
multiple access media simultaneously, in which case multiple active
IPv6 care-of addresses would be assigned to the mobile node.  We thus
propose Mobile IPv6 extensions designed to register multiple care-of
addresses bound to a single Home Address instead of the sole primary
care-of address.  For doing so, a new identification number must be
carried in each binding for the receiver to distinguish between the
bindings corresponding to the same Home Address.  Those extensions
are targeted to NEMO (Network Mobility) Basic Support as well as to
Mobile IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce