Subject: I-D Action:draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mutual Network Endpoint Assessment
	Author(s)       : W. Jiwei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-11-10

A method for mutual network endpoint assessment is introduced in this
document.  In current NEA requirements, only the assessment performed
by network owner is described.  However, for some applications like
online business and file sharing, the unilateral assessment is not
enough to ensure the two communication parties are both secure
Especially in P2P application, the endpoints perform equal
responsibility and hence the mutual network endpoint assessment seems
more necessary. each endpoint may configure its security assessment
policy based on its own security concerns. .

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documeFrom [email-masked] Sun Nov 11 17:53:08 2007
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:50:01 -0500
Subject: I-D Action:draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mutual Network Endpoint Assessment
	Author(s)       : W. Jiwei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-11-10

A method for mutual network endpoint assessment is introduced in this
document.  In current NEA requirements, only the assessment performed
by network owner is described.  However, for some applications like
online business and file sharing, the unilateral assessment is not
enough to ensure the two communication parties are both secure
Especially in P2P application, the endpoints perform equal
responsibility and hence the mutual network endpoint assessment seems
more necessary. each endpoint may configure its security assessment
policy based on its own security concerns. .

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents nts which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce