Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Downgrading mechanism for Email Address Internationalization
	Author(s)       : Y. Yoneya, K. Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-05.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2007-11-17

Traditional mail systems handle only ASCII characters in SMTP
envelope and mail header fields.  The Email Address
Internationalization (UTF8SMTP) extension allows UTF-8 characters in
SMTP envelope and mail header fields.  To avoid bouncing
internationalized Email messages when a server in the delivery path
does not support the UTF8SMTP extension, some sort of converting
mechanism is required.  This document describes a downgrading
mechanism for Email Address Internationalization.  Note that this is
a way to downgrade, not tunnel.  There is no associated up-conversion
mechanism, although internationalized email clients might use
original internationalized addresses or other data when displaying or
replying to downgraded messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce