Subject: I-D Action:draft-sommer-ipfix-mediator-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:00:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mediator-Specific Extensions to IPFIX Protocol and Information Model
	Author(s)       : C. Sommer, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sommer-ipfix-mediator-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-11-12

IPFIX supports the concept of an Mediator, a device that receives,
transforms, and exports data streams using IPFIX.  One of the most
important requirements is the reduction of the volume of IPFIX
traffic by discarding and aggregating received information.  This
document introduces a number of extensions to the IPFIX Protocol and
IPFIX Information Model that support the export of aggregated IPFIX
data.  In particular, techniques are introduced that optimize the
transport of descriptive information.  Thus, more information can be
preserved in the transmission while further reducing both the number
and the size of IPFIX messages.  All the proposed extensions are
directly applicable to the IPFIX Mediator but can be used in many
different applications as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sommer-ipfix-mediator-ext-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sommer-ipfix-mediator-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sommer-ipfix-mediator-ext-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce