Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for IP Autoconfiguration Mechanisms in Backbone Wireless Mesh Network scenarios
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2007-11-12

This Internet Draft presents the multi-hop Backbone Wireless Mesh
Network scenario, summarising its basic characteristics and
describing the requirements and desired properties of an IP
Autoconfiguration mechanism aimed at being used in this kind of
networks.

Once that the AUTOCONF WG has almost finalised the documents that
describe the general architecture of MANETs and the IP
autoconfiguration problem statement in MANETs, the WG is expected to
start working on solutions.  This document describes an ad-hoc
scenario that is getting a lot of attention from both
telecommunication operators and end-users: Backbone/infrastructure
Wireless Mesh Networking.  This document identifies and explains the
requirements posed by this particular scenario to an IP
autoconfiguration mechanism.  The goal is to help the AUTOCONF WG
identify the requirements that need to be taken into account when
designing IP autoconfiguration solution(s) suitable for this Wireless
Mesh environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce