Subject: I-D Action:draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:10:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A method of using IPsec to setup GRE tunnel
	Author(s)       : Y. Wu, H. Deng
	Filename        : draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2007-11-11

Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Network (PPVPN)[RFC4110] uses
some forms of IP tunneling schemes to tunnel VPN traffic.  Possible
candidates are GRE, IP-in-IP, IPsec and MPLS.  The candidate
tunneling scheme should provide multiplexing capability, as well as
dynamic tunnel setup and maintenance capability.  Additionally,
security is required if the VPN traffic is traversing public Internet
or across Service Provider domains.  Each above candidate by itself
is not sufficient to meet all these requirements.  This document
describes a method of using IPsec signaling (i.e, IKE) to setup a GRE
tunnel.  This IPsec GRE tunnel may be used as the candidate tunneling
scheme in PPVPN network or remote access compulsory VPN.  This
document also defines a way how the Key field in GRE header is used
in IPsec GRE tunnel setup.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-l3vpn-ipsec-gre-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce