Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kobayashi-ipfix-multicast-measure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Multicast Traffic Measurement with IPFIX/PSAMP
	Author(s)	: A. Kobayashi, H. Nishida
	Filename	: draft-kobayashi-ipfix-multicast-measure-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-11-13
	
   The demand for streaming services is increasing because of the
   growing number of broadband users.  In particular, multicast services
   might become core network services, and additional demand is
   expected.  On the other hand, multicast operation is quite complex,
   and there are strict network quality requirements about packet loss
   and delay.  A measurement system using IPFIX/PSAMP helps to monitor
   multicast traffic behavior carefully.  However, some problems with
   IPFIX/PSAMP still remain when network operators try to introduce the
   measurement system.  This document describes issues that the
   multicast traffic measurement system might encounter.  The results
   are intended to be used to define multicast handling by IPFIX/PSAMP
   metering devices more clearly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kobayashi-ipfix-multicast-measure-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kobayashi-ipfix-multicast-measure-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kobayashi-ipfix-multicast-measure-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce