Subject: I-D Action:draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:00:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MIPv4 Authentication Performance Using RADIUS and Diameter MIPv4
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-11-19

Current Mobile IPv4 deployments use RADIUS based MIPv4 user
authentication and authorization.  Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application
[RFC4004] offers another method for MIPv4 authentication,
authorization, and dynamic mobility security association allocation,
e.g.  MN-HA SA allocation.  Some SDOs are considering the use of
Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application to replace RADIUS based mechanism.
This document presents an analysis of the performance and impact of
Diameter MIPv4 Application and RADIUS based solutions on the time the
mobile node uses during the initial session setup.  Some common MIPv4
scenarios which require the mobile node to retransmit its initial RRQ
message have been identified and used.  The set of assumptions and
requirements used for this study has been clearly documented under
section 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce