Subject: I-D Action:draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PSTN scope of PCN Charter
	Author(s)       : S. Goldman, et al.
	Filename        : draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2007-11-05

The IETF PCN Working Group has continued its work investigating pre-
congestion and admission control mechanisms.  This work has
progressed under the current charter, but has not yet considered
related legacy PSTN interactions or the need for ubiquitous
connectivity between users on dissimilar networks.  The PCN charter
could be improved by a strong positive statement to the effect
committing to future work addressing legacy networks.

In that light, please consider the questions below which include
differential PCN treatment based on traffic types, security, and PSTN
interoperability concerns.  It seems helpful to have a touchstone of
some concerns relative to the PSTN network and IP network Gateway in
order to confirm that they will be addressed in future work.  This
attempt is motivated by a desire to avoid the accidental omission of
a topic that may be hard to "retrofit" in later.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce