Subject: I-D Action:draft-jen-apt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : APT: A Practical Transit Mapping Service
	Author(s)       : D. Jen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jen-apt-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2007-11-19

The size of the global routing table is a rapidly growing problem.
Several solutions have been proposed.  These solutions commonly
divide the Internet into two address spaces, one for determining the
delivery location, and one to use during transit.  Packets destined
for delivery addresses are tunneled through the default-free zone
(DFZ), which uses only transit addresses.  For this process to work,
there must be a mapping service that can supply an appropriate
destination transit address for any given delivery address.  We
present a design for such a mapping service.  We adhere to a "do no
harm" design philosophy: maintain all desirable features of the
current architecture without negatively affecting its security or
reliability.  Our design aims to minimize delay and prevent loss in
packet encapsulation, minimize the number of modifications to
existing hardware, minimize the number of new devices, and keep the
level of control traffic manageable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jen-apt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jen-apt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jen-apt-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce