Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-dime-prefix-delegation-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement: Diameter Prefix Delegation Application
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-dime-prefix-delegation-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-11-06

Point-to-point link model requires unique prefixes to be assigned to
each interface of the mobile nodes.  In NEMO, home agents need to
assign unique prefixes to mobile routers.  Prefix management in
point-to-point links and in NEMO will be facilitated if AAA servers
can delegate prefixes.  This document identifies the following use
cases where Diameter prefix delegation application is needed.  In
16NG, prefix delegation only occurs between an Access Router and a
mobile node, and there is no discussion about how an Access Router
acquires prefix from an external entity.  NEMO deals with
synchronization of Mobile Network prefixes between a Mobile Router
and a Home Agent, while the method is agnostic to the way that a Home
Agent gets prefix from back end servers.  In Proxy Mobile IPv6, Proxy
Binding Update and Proxy Binding Acknowledgement message pair is used
to allocate prefix from a Local Mobile Anchor for a Mobile Node's
interface but how a Local Mobile Anchor gets prefixes from external
server is currently left open.  Next, the document identifies
requirements on a AAA-based prefix delegation application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-dime-prefix-delegation-ps-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-dime-prefix-delegation-ps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-dime-prefix-delegation-ps-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce