Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Service Overview
	Author(s)       : T. Hansen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-overview-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2007-11-18

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) allows an organization to take
responsibility for a message, in a way that can be validated by a
recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the originating
sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agent's.  DKIM defines
a domain-level digital signature authentication framework for email,
using public-key cryptography and key server technology.  This
permits verifying the signer of a message, as well as the integrity
of its contents.  DKIM accomplishes this by defining a domain-level
authentication framework for email using public-key cryptography and
key server technology [RFC4871].  This permits verifying a message
source, an intermediary, or one of their agents, as well as the
integrity of its contents.  DKIM will also provide a mechanism that
permits potential email signers to publish information about their
email signing practices; this will permit email receivers to make
additional assessments of unsigned messages.  Such protection of
email identity can assist in the global control of "spam" and
"phishing".  This document provides an overview of the DKIM service
and describes how it can fit into a messaging service.  It also
describes how DKIM relates to other IETF message signature
technologies.  It is intended for those who are adopting, developing,
or deploying DKIM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dkim-overview-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce