Subject: I-D Action:draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:30:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Networking Devices
	Author(s)       : S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename        : draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-04.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2007-11-18

This document provides a terminology for benchmarking SIP performance
in networking devices.  Terms are included for test components, test
setup parameters, and performance benchmark metrics for black-box
benchmarking of SIP networking devices.  The Performance Benchmark
Metrics are obtained for the SIP Control Plane and Media Plane.  The
terms are intedned for use in a companion Methodology document for
complete performance characterization of a device in a variety of
network conditions making it possible to compare performance of
different devices.  It is critical to provide Test Setup Parameters
and a Methodology document for SIP performance benchmarking because
SIP allows a wide range of configuration and operational conditions
that can influence performance benchmark measurements.  It is
necessary to have terminology and methodology standards to ensure
that reported benchmarks have consistent definition and were obtained
following the same procedures.  Benchmarks can be applied to compare
performance of a variety of SIP networking devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce