Subject: I-D Action:draft-farrel-mpls-lsp-ping-tlvs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Future-Proof TLV Codepoint Space for LSP Ping
	Author(s)       : A. Farrel, G. Swallow
	Filename        : draft-farrel-mpls-lsp-ping-tlvs-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-11-17

Techniques for detecting Multi-Protocol Label Switched (MPLS) data
plane failures are described in RFC 4379 and include the definition
of a control protocol for testing and verifying Label Switched Path
(LSP) connectivity that is known as LSP Ping. The protocol consists
of a set of messages each of which contains data encoded as TLVs.

The LSP Ping protocol is being extended for several related uses.
Each extension gives rise to the definition of new TLVs to be carried
on the existing protocol messages.

The LSP Ping specification makes it mandatory that all TLVs are
understood by each participating Label Switching Router (LSR) that
receives an LSP Ping message. This makes future extensibility hard
without upgrading all LSRs in the network.
This document defines ranges in the TLV codepoint space so that TLVs
may be associated with different processing rules within an LSR if
the TLV is unknown. This will make extensibility more simple.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-lsp-ping-tlvs-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-farrel-mpls-lsp-ping-tlvs-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-lsp-ping-tlvs-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce