Subject: I-D Action:draft-brevigcia-ccamp-mpls-upstream-node-cap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IGP Routing Protocol Extensions for Discovery of Upstream Label Assignment Node Capability
	Author(s)       : Y. Brehon, et al.
	Filename        : draft-brevigcia-ccamp-mpls-upstream-node-cap-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document proposes an extension to [TE-NODE-CAP] in order to
support additional TE node capabilities in the context of Point-to-
MultiPoint (P2MP) LSP routing and fast reroute protection.  As for
point-to-point LSP, nesting P2MP LSPs, i.e., MPLS P2MP hierarchy, is
a desirable traffic-engineering feature.  However, nesting P2MP LSPs
requires a mechanism to coordinate the label allocation of the inner
P2MP LSP between the egress nodes of the P2MP Tunnel as described in
[MPLS-UPSTREAM].  To solve this issue, a new label allocation scheme
called Upstream Label Assignment (ULA) is defined.  Network elements
responsible for the route computation of P2MP LSP should be aware of
the nodes that support this functionality.  For that purpose, we
define a new bit flag to the TE Node Capability Descriptor as defined
in [TE-NODE-CAP].  The bit flag (U) enables a node to advertise its
capability to accept Upstream Label Assignment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brevigcia-ccamp-mpls-upstream-node-cap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brevigcia-ccamp-mpls-upstream-node-cap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brevigcia-ccamp-mpls-upstream-node-cap-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce