Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)       : T. Li, R. Atkinson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-01-17

This document describes the authentication of Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol Data Units (PDUs) using the
Hashed Message Authentication Codes - Message Digest 5 (HMAC-MD5)
algorithm as found in RFC 2104.  IS-IS is specified in International
Standards Organization (ISO) 10589, with extensions to support
Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) described in RFC 1195.  The base
specification includes an authentication mechanism that allows for
multiple authentication algorithms.  The base specification only
specifies the algorithm for cleartext passwords.

This document proposes an extension to that specification that allows
the use of the HMAC-MD5 authentication algorithm to be used in
conjunction with the existing authentication mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the commandFrom [email-masked] Fri Jan 18 08:13:32 2008
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:10:01 -0500
Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-08.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Licklider Transmission Protocol - Specification
	Author(s)       : M. Ramadas, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-08.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2008-01-18

This document describes the Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP),
designed to provide retransmission-based reliability over links
characterized by extremely long message round-trip times (RTTs)
and/or frequent interruptions in connectivity.  Since communication
across interplanetary space is the most prominent example of this
sort of environment, LTP is principally aimed at supporting "long-
haul" reliable transmission in interplanetary space, but it has
applications in other environments as well.

LTP does ARQ of data transmissions by soliciting selective-
acknowledgment reception reports.  It is stateful, and has no
negotiation or handshakes.

In an Interplanetary Internet setting deploying the Bundle protocol
that is being developed by the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group, LTP is intended to serve as a reliable "convergence layer"
protocol operating in pairwise fashion between adjacent
Interplanetary Internet nodes that are in direct RF communication.
In that operational scenario, and potentially in some other
deployments of the Bundle Protocol, LTP runs directly over a data-
link layer protocol; when this is the case, forward error correction
coding and/or checksum mechanisms in the underlying data-link layer
protocol must assure the integrity of the data passed between the
communicating entities.

LTP MUST only be used over UDP for software development or in private
local area networks.

Since no mechanisms for flow control or congestion control are
included in the design of LTP, this protocol is not intended or
appropriate for ubiquitous deployment in the global Internet.

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf- "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce