Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Softwire Mesh Framework
	Author(s)       : J. Wu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2008-01-14

The Internet needs to be able to handle both IPv4 and IPv6 packets.
However, it is expected that some constituent networks of the
Internet will be "single protocol" networks.  One kind of single
protocol network can parse only IPv4 packets and can process only
IPv4 routing information; another kind can parse only IPv6 packets
and can process only IPv6 routing information.  It is nevertheless
required that either kind of single protocol network be able to
provide transit service for the "other" protocol.  This is done by
passing the "other kind" of routing information from one edge of the
single protocol network to the other, and by tunneling the "other
kind" of data packet from one edge to the other.  The tunnels are
known as "Softwires".  This framework document explains how the
routing information and the data packets of one protocol are passed
through a single protocol network of the other protocol.  The
document is careful to specify when this can be done with existing
technology, and when it requires the development of new or modified
technology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-framework-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-framework-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-framework-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce