Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-ipv6-geo-addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:15:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An IPv6 Geographic  
	Author(s)	: T. Hain
	Filename	: draft-hain-ipv6-geo-addr-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2008-1-16
	
        This document defines an IPv6 Geographic global unicast address 
        format for use in the Internet.  The address format defined in this 
        document is consistent with the IPv6 Protocol [1] and the "IPv6 
        Addressing Architecture" [2].  It is designed to facilitate scalable 
        Internet routing when sites attach to multiple service providers, by 
        using a prefix based on a geographic reference to the site. A 
        natural byproduct of this address allocation mechanism is that all 
        addresses are fixed allowing sites to change providers at will 
        without requiring their network to renumber. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-ipv6-geo-addr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hain-ipv6-geo-addr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-ipv6-geo-addr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce