Subject: I-D Action:draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 04:20:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : End-to-End Security for DTLS-SRTP
	Author(s)       : K. Fischer
	Filename        : draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-01-23

The end-to-end security properties of DTLS-SRTP depend on the
authenticity of the certificate fingerprint exchanged in the
signalling channel.  In current approaches the authenticity is
protected by SIP-Identity or SIP-Identity-Media.  These types of
signatures are broken if intermediaries like Session Border
Controllers in other domains change specific information of the SIP
header or the SIP body.  The end-to-end security property between the
originating and terminating domain is lost if these intermediaries
re-sign the SIP message and create a new identity signature using
their own domain credentials.

This document defines a new signature type 'Fingerprint-Identity'
which is exchanged in the signalling channel.  Fingerprint-Identity
covers only those elements of a SIP message necessary to authenticate
the certificate fingerprint and to secure media end-to-end.  It is
independent from SIP-Identity and SIP-Identity-Media and can be
applied in parallel to them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce