Subject: I-D Action:draft-hellstrom-text-conference-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:30:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Text media handling in RTP based real-time and message conferences
	Author(s)       : G. Hellstrom, A. Wijk
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-text-conference-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-01-03

This memo specifies methods for text media handling in multi-party
calls, where the text is carried by the RTP protocol.  Real-time text
is carried in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103.  Centralized
multi-party handling of real-time text is achieved through a media
control unit coordinating multiple RTP text streams into one RTP
session, identifying each stream with its own SSRC.  Identification
for the streams are provided through the RTCP messages.  This
mechanism enables the receiving application to present the received
real-time text medium in different ways according to user
preferences.  Some presentation related features are also described
explaining suitable variations of transmission and presentation of
text.  Call control features are described for the SIP environment,
while the transport mechanisms should be suitable for any IP based
call control environment using RTP transport.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-text-conference-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hellstrom-text-conference-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-text-conference-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce