Subject: I-D Action:draft-hardie-p2poverlay-pointers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mechanisms for use in pointing to overlay networks, nodes, or resources
	Author(s)       : T. Hardie
	Filename        : draft-hardie-p2poverlay-pointers-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-01-27

Discovering overlay networks and the resources found within in them
presents a number of bootstrapping problems.  While those hard
problems are under discussion, this draft proposes a small set of
mechanisms which are intended to be generically useful for
providing pointers to peer-to-peer overlay networks in web pages,
email messages, and other textual media.  While the mechanisms
described below each meet similar needs, they are not mutually
exclusive; it is expected that each will find some useful
deployment during the early days of peer-to-peer overlay
deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-p2poverlay-pointers-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hardie-p2poverlay-pointers-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hardie-p2poverlay-pointers-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce