Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-turn-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:40:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-turn-06.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2008-01-22

If a host is located behind a NAT, then in certain situations it can
be impossible for that host to communicate directly with other hosts
(peers) located behind other NATs.  In these situations, it is
necessary for the host to use the services of an intermediate node
that acts as a communication relay.  This specification defines a
protocol, called TURN (Traversal Using Relays around NAT), that
allows the host to control the operation of the relay and to exchange
packets with its peers using the relay.

The TURN protocol can be used in isolation, but is more properly used
as part of the ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) approach
to NAT traversal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-behave-turn-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-06.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce