Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schoenw-nmrg-snmp-trace-definitions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:15:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SNMP Trace Analysis Definitions
	Author(s)	: J. Schoenwaelder, et al.
	Filename	: draft-schoenw-nmrg-snmp-trace-definitions-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2008-1-15
	
   The Network Management Research Group (NMRG) started an activity to
   collect traces of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) from
   operational networks.  To analyze these traces, it is necessary to
   split potentially large traces into more manageable pieces that make
   it easier to deal with large data sets and simplify the analysis of
   the data.

   This document provides some common definitions that have been found
   useful for implementing tools to support trace analysis.  This
   document mainly serves as a reference for the definitions underlying
   these tools and it is not meant to explain all the motivation and
   reasoning behind the definitions.  Some of this background
   information can be found in other research papers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-nmrg-snmp-trace-definitions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-schoenw-nmrg-snmp-trace-definitions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-nmrg-snmp-trace-definitions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce