Subject: I-D Action:draft-alexander-bmwg-wlan-switch-meth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Wireless LAN Switching Systems
	Author(s)       : T. Ahuja, et al.
	Filename        : draft-alexander-bmwg-wlan-switch-meth-01.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2008-01-02

This document provides a framework and methodology for performing
performance test and benchmarking of wireless LAN (WLAN) switches and
controllers, including systems comprising groups of controllers and
WTPs.  This document defines and discusses a number of tests and
associated test conditions that may be used to characterize the
performance of such systems, and also supplies the methods used to
calculate the expected results of these tests.  Specific formats for
reporting the results of the tests are also provided, where
applicable.  The tests described in this document extend the
methodology defined for benchmarking network interconnect devices in
RFC 2544, and LAN switches in RFC 2889, to WLAN switch controller
systems.  The methodology herein is to be used together with the
companion terminology document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alexander-bmwg-wlan-switch-meth-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-alexander-bmwg-wlan-switch-meth-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-alexander-bmwg-wlan-switch-meth-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce