Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 04:30:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : On the applicability of various MIKEY modes and extensions
	Author(s)       : S. Fries, D. Ignjatic
	Filename        : draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-07.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2008-01-29

Multimedia Internet Keying - MIKEY - is a key management protocol
that can be used for real-time applications.  In particular, it has
been defined focusing on the support of the Secure Real-time
Transport Protocol.  MIKEY itself is standardized within RFC3830 and
defines four key distribution methods.  Moreover, it is defined to
allow extensions of the protocol.  As MIKEY becomes more and more
accepted, extensions to the base protocol arose, especially in terms
of additional key distribution methods, but also in terms of payload
enhancements.

This document provides an overview about the MIKEY base document in
general as well as the existing extensions for MIKEY, which have been
defined or are in the process of definition.  It is intended as
additional source of information for developers or architects to
provide more insight in use case scenarios and motivations as well as
advantages and disadvantages for the different key distribution
schemes.  The use cases discussed in this document are strongly
related to dedicated SIP call scenarios providing challenges for key
management in general among them media before SDP answer, forking,
and shared key conferencing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce