Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Routing Protocols 
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-2-23
	
The interior gateway routing protocols OSPFv2 [RFC2328], IS-IS [ISO] 
   [RFC1195] and RIP [RFC2453] currently define clear text and MD5 
   [RFC1321] algorithms for authenticating their protocol packets. There 
   have recently been documents adding support of the SHA family of hash 
   algorithms for authenticating routing protocol packets for RIP, IS-IS 
   and OSPF. 
    
   To ensure interoperability between disparate implementations, it is 
   imperative that we specify a set of mandatory-to-implement algorithms 
   thereby ensuring that there is at least one algorithm that all 
   implementations will have available.   
This document defines the current set of mandatory-to-implement 
   algorithms to be used for the cryptographic authentication of these 
   routing protocols as well as specifying the algorithms that should be 
   implemented because they may be promoted to mandatory at some future 
   time. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce