Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:45:04 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability Statement for the Use of Pre-Congestion Notification in a Resource-Controlled Network
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou, T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-02-15

This document is written to help coordinate work on pre-congestion
notification (PCN) between the IETF PCN Working Group and the ITU-T.
It maps the use of PCN into the ITU-T transport control architecture.
It examines three scenarios, showing in each, where new requirements
are placed on the ITU-T architecture.  In each case, the ITU-T
functional entity known as the Transport Resource Control Functional
Entity (TRC-FE) is seen as the logical destination for PCN congestion
reports and PCN flow termination reports, which it uses to keep track
of network status.  As logical entities, instances of the TRC-FE can
be present in the ingress nodes, in one or more centralized devices,
or in both.  These alternatives define the scenarios examined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce