Subject: I-D Action:draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 02:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 infrastructures (6rd)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-02-08

IPv6 rapid deployment (6rd) builds upon mechanisms of 6to4 (RFC3056)
to enable a service provider to rapidly deploy IPv6 unicast service
to its existing IPv4 sites.  Like 6to4, it utilizes stateless IPv6 in
IPv4 encapsulation in order to transit IPv4-only network
infrastructure.  Unlike 6to4, 6rd requires a service provider to use
one of its own IP prefixes rather than the fixed 6to4 prefix.  A
service provider has used this mechanism for its own "rapid
deployment" of IPv6 (five weeks from first exposure to "opt-in"
deployment for 1,500,000 residential sites).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce