Subject: I-D Action:draft-gondi-hokey-neweap-handover-method-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Handover method using EAP
	Author(s)       : V. Gondi, N. Agoulmine
	Filename        : draft-gondi-hokey-neweap-handover-method-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-02-18

The increase in the use of different access networks which involves 
different mechanisms for authentication and access authorizations, 
demands the new mechanisms to roam at any time anywhere with low 
latency. To overcome this process we need new mechanisms where a user 
terminal roams in different access networks with low latency and 

 efficiently. There is a need for unified signaling mechanisms for 
choosing and accessing networks. 

In this draft we have discussed some of the processes involved in 
network selection, mobility management, security management in detailed 
to perform handover. The Handover information is passed to home server 
using the new handover method using EAP proposed vice versa in this 
draft. Even though there are different mechanisms provide this support 
such as IAPP context transfer mechanisms for seamless mobility some of 
the instances like supporting different access networks, roaming in 
access networks etc is not considered. The proposed mechanism is 
interoperable with the existing procedures involving security 
authentication and mobility during roaming.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gondi-hokey-neweap-handover-method-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gondi-hokey-neweap-handover-method-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gondi-hokey-neweap-handover-method-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce