Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-mpls-ldp-ipv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Updates to LDP for IPv6
	Author(s)	: V. Manral, R. Papneja
	Filename	: draft-manral-mpls-ldp-ipv6-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
LDP is defined in [RFC5036]. LDP (for Label Distribution Protocol) 
defines procedures for LSRs to distribute labels to support MPLS 
forwarding along normally routed paths. 

LDP is a protocol defined for distributing labels. It is the set of 
procedures and messages by which Label Switched Routers (LSRs) establish 
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) through a network by mapping network-layer
routing information directly to data-link layer switched paths. These LSPs may have an endpoint at a directly attached neighbor (comparable to IP hop-by-hop forwarding), or may have an endpoint at a network egress node, enabling switching via all intermediary nodes. 

The LDP procedures are defined for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. This 
document corrects and clarifies the LDP behavior for IPv6 networks as 
defined in [RFC5036] for helping in better interoperability between 
implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-mpls-ldp-ipv6-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-manral-mpls-ldp-ipv6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce