Subject: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The TLD Subdomain Structure Protocol and its use for Cookie domain validation
	Author(s)       : Y. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-02-24

This document defines a protocol and specification format that can be
used by a client to discover how a Top Level Domain (TLD) is
organized in terms of what subdomains are used to place closely
related but independent domains, e.g. commercial domains in country
code TLDs (ccTLD) like .uk are placed in the .co.uk subTLD domain.
This information is then used to limit which domains an Internet
service can set cookies for, strengthening the rules already defined
by the cookie specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce