Subject: I-D Action:draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DMMP: Dynamic Mesh-based Overlay Multicast Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Lei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2008-02-20

This document describes a Dynamic Mesh-based overlay Multicast
Protocol (DMMP) framework to support multicast data delivery
applications without relying on classic IP multicast, including
multicast group management, overlay hierarchy establishment,
multicast tree construction and data forwarding scheme from a source
to a number of receivers.  The DMMP framework builds on control plane
functions which dynamically manage an overlay core and a multicast
tree.  The key idea is a number of end hosts self-organize into an
overlay mesh, and dynamically maintain such a mesh.  Based on the
constructed mesh, some core-based clusters are formed with capacity-
aware trees inside.  Then, a multicast tree consisting of DMMP-aware
end hosts (and/or specific routers) is built on the top of the
overlay core for the efficient delivery of the multicast data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce