Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : FTP EXTENSION ALLOWING IP FORWARDING (NATs)
	Author(s)       : M. Rosenau
	Filename        : draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-02-19

The FTP protocol [1] needs two connections. A control and a data
connection. Using networks with "port forwarding" (eg. SSH, DSL
routers, VPN etc.) there is often only the possibility for the
server to listen on only one TCP port. In such networks the
traditional FTP protocol cannot be used.

This memo describes an extension to the FTP protocol that allows the
use of FTP using only one TCP port number for both control
connections and passive-mode data connections.

The extension can also be used to use the FTP protocol over network
protocols that do not have a "port" concept (such as the NetBIOS
protocol).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce