Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Basic Specification for IP Fast-Reroute: Loop-free Alternates
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas, A. Zinin, R. Torvi, G. Choudhury, C. Martin, B. Imhoff, D. Fedyk
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-11.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
This document describes the use of loop-free alternates to provide
   local protection for unicast traffic in pure IP and MPLS/LDP networks
   in the event of a single failure, whether link, node or shared risk
   link group (SRLG).  The goal of this technology is to reduce the
   packet loss that happens while routers converge after a topology
   change due to a failure.  Rapid failure repair is achieved through
   use of precalculated backup next-hops that are loop-free and safe to
   use until the distributed network convergence process completes.
   This simple approach does not require any support from other routers.
   The extent to which this goal can be met by this specification is
   dependent on the topology of the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-11.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce