Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extensions to Layer 2 Relay Agent
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, P. Kurapati, M. Kamath, S. De Cnodder
	Filename	: draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2008-2-14
	
As per industry trends, Access Networks have been migrating from
   traditional ATM based networks to Ethernet networks.  In Ethernet
   based access networks, Access Concentrators are typically configured
   to act as a transparent bridge in Layer 2 mode.  These Access
   Concentrators also act as Layer 2 relay agents.  Layer 2 Relay Agent functionality does not provide means to avoid flooding of DHCP
   messages and also needs to be extended to support DHCP LeaseQuery
   This draft discusses these issues and provides solutions for the
   same.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce