Subject: I-D Action:draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proxy MIPv6 Support of Transient Registration
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-02-25

In order for the local mobility anchor to receive and forward uplink
traffic for a mobile node, Proxy Mobile IPv6 base protocol mandates
the LMA to have an active BCE with a registered proxy CoA that is the
other end of the tunnel between the LMA and MAG.  In some systems and
during active inter-MAG handoff with traffic that is sensitive to
delay and packet loss, the LMA is required to forward uplink traffic
for the mobile node from the target MAG without completely switching
the tunnel from the source MAG.  This document specifies a mechanism
which allows the target MAG to perform transient registration for a
new proxy CoA and the LMA to create a transient BCE for the same
mobile node for a specified period of time while maintaining the
original mobile node's BCE which reference the old pCoA at the source
MAG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce