Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: PIM Group-to-RP Mapping
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, A. Kessler, D. McWalter
	Filename	: draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-2-13
	
Each PIM-SM router in a PIM Domain which supports ASM maintains
   Group-to-RP mappings which are used to identify a RP for a specific
   multicast group.  PIM-SM has defined an algorithm to choose a RP from
   the Group-to-RP mappings learned using various mechanisms.  This
   algorithm does not allow administrator to override a specific Group-to-RP mapping with the static Group-to-RP mapping which an
   administrator would want to use.  This algorithm also does not
   consider the PIM mode and the mechanism through which a Group-to-RP
   mapping was learned.

   This document first explains the requirements to extend the
   Group-to-RP mapping algorithm and then proposes the new algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce