Subject: I-D Action:draft-bonaventure-informed-path-selection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The case for an informed path selection service
	Author(s)       : D. Saucez, B. Donnet
	Filename        : draft-bonaventure-informed-path-selection-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-02-18

With today's peer-to-peer applications, more and more content is
available from multiple sources.  In tomorrow's Internet hosts will
have multiple paths to reach one destination host with the deployment
of dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 hosts, but also with new techniques such as
shim6 or other locator/identifier mechanisms being discussed within
the IRTF RRG.  All these hosts will need to rank paths in order to
select the best paths to reach a given destination/content.  In this
draft, we propose an informed path selection service that would be
queried by hosts and would rank paths based on policies and
performance metrics defined by the network operator to meet his
traffic engineering objectives.  A companion document describes a
protocol that implements this service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-informed-path-selection-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bonaventure-informed-path-selection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-informed-path-selection-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce