Subject: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP State Management Mechanism v2
	Author(s)       : Y. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2008-02-24

This document specifies a way to create a stateful session with
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests and responses.  It
describes three HTTP headers, Cookie, Cookie2, and Set-Cookie2, which
carry state information between participating origin servers and user
agents.  The method described here differs from both Netscape's
Cookie proposal [Netscape], and [RFC2965], but it can, provided some
requirements are met, interoperate with HTTP/1.1 user agents that use
Netscape's method.  (See the HISTORICAL section.)

This document defines new rules for how cookies can be shared between
servers within a domain.  These new rules are intended to address
security and privacy concerns that are difficult to counter for
clients implementing Netscape's proposed rules or the rules specified
by RFC 2965.

This document reflects implementation experience with RFC 2965 and
obsoletes it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce