Subject: I-D Action:draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHA) based Robot Challenges for SIP
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-02-25

A common approach to deal with unwanted communication attempts is to
rely on some form of authorization policies, typically whitelists.
In order to populate the entries in such an access control list it is
helpful to have a way to challenge the entity willing to engage in a
conversation (unless they are already pre-authorized).  One reason
why this is desired is to deal with robots that are aggressively
distributing messages.

This document describes how "Completely Automated Public Turing Test
to Tell Computers and Humans Apart" (CAPTCHA) tests, which require
human interaction, are applied to SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-captcha-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce