Subject: I-D Action:draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-02.txt
	Author(s)       : D. Caviglia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-02-18

In a transport network scenario, where Data Plane connections  
controlled either by GMPLS (Soft Permanent Connections - SPC) or by  
Management System (Permanent Connections - PC) may independently  
coexist, the ability of transforming an existing PC into a SPC and  
vice versa - without actually affecting Data Plane traffic being  
carried over it - is a valuable option. This applies especially when  
a GMPLS based Control Plane is first introduced into an existing  
network and there may be the need, from a Carrier point of view, to  
pass under GMPLS control existing connections already set up over  
Data Plane. In other terms, such operation could be seen as a way of  
transferring the ownership and control of an existing and in-use Data 
Plane connection between the Management Plane and the Control Plane,  
leaving its Data Plane state untouched.  
This memo provides a minor extension to GRSVP-TE signaling protocol,  
within GMPLS architecture, to enable such connection ownership  
transfer and describes the proposed procedures.  

Conventions used in this document  

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",  
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce