Subject: I-D Action:draft-blume-netlmm-secondary-bce-proxymip6ho-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secondary Binding Cache entries for Proxy MIPv6
	Author(s)       : O. Blume, R. Sigle
	Filename        : draft-blume-netlmm-secondary-bce-proxymip6ho-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-02-18

The IETF is specifying Proxy Mobile IPv6 for network-based localized
mobility management, which takes basic operation for registration, 
tunnel management and de-registration into account in a first 
protocol release. This document proposes an extension to Proxy 
Mobile IPv6 to suit MNs, which have multiple network interfaces
implemented and can be connected over more than one network interface
at the same time.
This extension introduces a secondary binding at the local Mobility 
Anchor (LMA) that is valid for receiving uplink packets but is not 
used for tunneling downlink packets towards the MN. This allows for 
preparation of the new binding while avoiding that the LMA will 
prematurely forward data packets to the mobile node's new interface 
before the address configuration of this interface has completed. 
Furthermore, secondary bindings can be used to avoid loss of delayed 
packets arriving at the LMA after the Binding Cache has been updated
by a Proxy Binding Update from a new MAG.
With the proposed extension, packet buffering at the new MAG is not 
necessary and packet losses during an inter-technology handover can 
be mitigated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blume-netlmm-secondary-bce-proxymip6ho-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-blume-netlmm-secondary-bce-proxymip6ho-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-blume-netlmm-secondary-bce-proxymip6ho-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce