Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hokelek-rlfap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Loop-Free IP Fast Reroute Using Local and Remote LFAPs
	Author(s)	: I. Hokelek
	Filename	: draft-hokelek-rlfap-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2008-2-26
	
This draft describes a new loop-free IP fast reroute mechanism which
   enhances the IP Fast-ReRoute (IPFRR) [1,15] by introducing the 
   concept of pre-computed remote Loop-Free Alternate Paths (rLFAPs) on 
   top of the IPFRR local LFAP. In rLFAP, a router which is adjacent to 
   the failed resource switches over to pre-computed LFAPs, if they
   exist, immediately after failure detection. Multi-hop neighbors 
   (MNBs) are notified about this remote failure as quickly as possible 
   using fast failure notification mechanism. Upon receipt of failure 
   information, MNBs activate their pre-computed remote LFAPs that they 
   maintain for protecting against remote failures within their 
   multi-hop neighborhoods. In the worst case, where IPFRR results in 
   forming micro-loops, rLFAP completely prevents micro-loops for 
   single link failures and quickly converges to a loop-free path in 
   case of multiple link failures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hokelek-rlfap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hokelek-rlfap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce