Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Usecases and Benefits of end to end ECN support in PCN Domains
	Author(s)       : Z. Sarker, I. Johansson
	Filename        : draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-02-18

This document provides an informative overview of possible use cases
where ECN marking can be used for inelastic traffic.  It outlines
benefits of preserving the ECN support in a PCN domain.  As ECN
provides with a simple mechanism for network nodes to inform the end
points about possible upcoming congestion and resulting packet losses
and delay increase, the scheme can be useful for adaptive real-time
media applications, thus enabling them to adjust the transmission
rate to avoid quality degradation due to congestion.  By showing the
benefits of ECN this memo asks the working group to consider end to
end ECN support in PCN domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce