Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Issues with existing Cryptographic Protection Methods for Routing Protocols
	Author(s)	: V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-05.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2008-2-11
	
Routing protocols are designed to use cryptographic mechanisms to 
   authenticate data being received from a neighboring router to ensure 
   that it has not been modified in transit, and actually originated 
   from the neighboring router purporting to have originating the data.  
   Most of the cryptographic mechanisms defined to date rely on hash 
   algorithms applied to the data in the routing protocol packet, which 
   means the data is transported, in the clear, along with a signature 
   based on the data itself.  These mechanisms rely on the manual 
   configuration of the keys used to seed, or build, these hash based 
   signatures.  This document outlines some of the problems with manual 
   keying of these cryptographic algorithms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce