Subject: I-D Action:draft-darilion-sip-e164-enum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : E.164 Ownership using Public Keys stored in ENUM
	Author(s)       : K. Darilion, H. Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-darilion-sip-e164-enum-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-02-18

To determine which domain is allowed to claim ownership of a certain
telephone number is difficult.  This may cause problems when to
authenticate endpoints that use telephone number URIs and domain
names in their From address.  This document investigates a proposal
that stores a public key below the corresponding ENUM tree in the
DNS.  The verifier can determine ownership by performing an ENUM
lookup to retrieve the public key from the DNS and to use it for
verifying the signature created as part of the SIP Identity
mechanism.

This document is a contribution to the ongoing discussion on RFC 4474
when used in combination with E.164 numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-darilion-sip-e164-enum-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-darilion-sip-e164-enum-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-darilion-sip-e164-enum-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce