Subject: I-D Action:draft-ott-avt-rtcp-guidelines-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Guidelines for Extending the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
	Author(s)       : J. Ott, C. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ott-avt-rtcp-guidelines-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-02-18

The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) is used along with the Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) to provide a control channel between media
senders and receivers.  This allows constructing a feedback loop to
enable application adaptivity and monitoring, among other uses.  The
basic reporting mechanisms offered by RTCP are generic, yet quite
powerful and suffice to cover a range of uses.  This document
provides guidelines on extending RTCP if those basic mechanisms prove
insufficient.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ott-avt-rtcp-guidelines-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ott-avt-rtcp-guidelines-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ott-avt-rtcp-guidelines-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce