Subject: I-D Action:draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:30:06 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed NAT for broadband deployments post IPv4 exhaustion
	Author(s)       : A. Durand
	Filename        : draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-02-23

The common thinking for the last 10+ years has been to say that dual
stack was the answer to IPv6 transition and that most things would be
converted to dual stack way before we ran out of IPv4.  Well, it has
not happened.  We are going to run out of IPv4 addresses soon, way
before any significant IPv6 deployment will have occured.  However,
the quasi totality of the Internet and most of the computers in the
home are still IPv4-only.  Several distributed NAT architectures,
based on different possible flavors of a carrier-grade NAT, are
presented as solutions to maintain some form of connectivity between
those home environments and the legacy Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce