Subject: I-D Action:draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Private Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Proxy-to-Proxy Extensions for Supporting the PacketCable Distributed Call Signaling Architecture
	Author(s)       : F. Andreasen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2008-02-21

In order to deploy a residential telephone service at very large
scale across different domains, it is necessary for trusted elements
owned by different service providers to exchange trusted information
that conveys customer-specific information and expectations about the
parties involved in the call.  This document describes private
extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] for
supporting the exchange of customer information and billing
information between trusted entities in the PacketCable Distributed
Call Signaling Architecture.  These extensions provide mechanisms for
access network coordination to prevent theft of service, customer
originated trace of harassing calls, support for operator services
and emergency services, and support for various other regulatory
issues.  The use of the extensions is only applicable within closed
administrative domains, or among federations of administrative
domains with previously agreed-upon policies where coordination of
charging and other functions is required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce