Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Problems with Flow Collection in Large-Scale Networks
	Author(s)	: A. Kobayashi
	Filename	: draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2008-2-21
	
Flow measurement techniques have been developed in order to cope with
   increasing bandwiths.  Flow measurement is currently being used as a
   popular method for monitoring large networks, e.g. at Internet
   Service Providers or multinational corporations, for accounting,
   management, and security purposes.  To construct the measurement
   system for such networks, the biggest challenge is scalability.
   Whereas packet sampling functions in current flow measurement
   solutions such as NetFlow/sFlow/IPFIX help to approach this issue,
   some problems still remain.  This document describes such open
   issues, which a flow-based measurement system might encounter in
   large-scale networks.  The results are intended to be used to define
   and to develop an IPFIX Mediator device.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt