Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-mext-homelink-prefix-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prefix Management for MIPv6 Home Link Operation over P2P Links
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-mext-homelink-prefix-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-02-17

In Mobile IPv6 home link operation on point-to-point links requires
that one prefix can only be assigned to one mobile node by the home
agent (HA) and different mobile nodes can not share this home network
prefix.  Managing Per-MN home network prefixes is likely to increase
the processing load at the HA.  Based on the idea that DHCPv6 servers
can manage prefixes, we propose a new technique in which HA offloads
delegation and release tasks of the prefixes to the DHCPv6 server.
HA requests a prefix for an incoming mobile station to the DHCPv6
server.  Based on this prefix, the mobile node can create a home
address.  When the mobile node leaves the network, the prefix is
returned to the DHCPv6 server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mext-homelink-prefix-delegation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-mext-homelink-prefix-delegation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mext-homelink-prefix-delegation-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce