Subject: I-D Action:draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lightweight SIP Toolkit for Peer-to-Peer and Basic Client-Server Systems
	Author(s)       : H. Sinnreich, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-02-25

This memo discusses the usage scenario of SIP where all the
applications reside in the endpoints.  This is an alternative to the
current usage of SIP where the services reside in the network.  The
use of SIP where the applications reside in the endpoints is
applicable to P2P SIP networks and also to client-server networks.
Such an approach reduces the number of required SIP related standards
(as by spring 2008) from roughly 100 to about 11.  Successful IP
communications must also include the relevant standards for NAT
traversal, some of which are not directly related to SIP and also
several standards for security.  These standards are included in the
simple usage scenario for SIP as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce