Subject: I-D Action:draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Providing guidance for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services
	Author(s)       : A. Ligot, T. Froment
	Filename        : draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2008-02-22

Implementing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) advanced features and
services requires to use numerous specifications.  Today, for each
service in the scope of BLISS, one can already find references to
many possible specifications which do not cover the same things.
Some of them are primitive operations, requirements or call flow
examples, some have a scope larger than the others, or can not be
compared at the same level.  Very often, architecture hypothesis are
hidden behind the same service name, either assuming that an
intermediary; like an application server, has an active role in the
service, or, as opposed, assuming a pure end-to-end model where only
endpoint implementations are involved.  The goal of this document is
not to present the best solutions or give recommendations; but to
give an overview of every standard specification related to these
services, centralizing and categorizing them as input to the working
group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce