Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otani-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Generalized Labels of Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching Routers (LSR)
	Author(s)	: T. Otani, H. Guo, K. Miyazaki, D. Caviglia, Z. Ali
	Filename	: draft-otani-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
Technology in the optical domain is constantly evolving and as a 
   consequence new equipment providing lambda switching capability has 
   been developed and is currently being deployed. However, RFC 3471 has 
   defined that a wavelength label (section 3.2.1.1) "only has 
   significance between two neighbors" and global wavelength continuity 
   is not considered. In order to achieve interoperability in a network 
   composed of next generation lambda switch-capable equipment, this 
   document defines a standard lambda label format, being compliant with 
   ITU-T G.694. Moreover some consideration on how to ensure lambda 
   continuity with RSVP-TE is provided. This document is a companion to 
   the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling. It 
   defines the label format when Lambda Switching is requested in an all 
   optical network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otani-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-otani-ccamp-gmpls-lambda-labels-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce