Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-sigtran-m3ua-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The requirement of extending RFC4666 for the M3UA deployment 
	Author(s)	: Z. Yuyi
	Filename	: draft-zhang-sigtran-m3ua-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2008-2-18
	
RFC 4666 defines a protocol for supporting the transport of any SS7 
   MTP3-User signalling (e.g., ISUP and SCCP messages) over IP using the 
   services of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol. 

   M3UA is designed for SEP-(TDM)-SG-(IP)-IPSEP and IPSEP-(IP)-IPSEP 
   applications, so the network level management function isn't required. 
   SSNM(SS7 Signalling Network Management) messages defined in M3UA are 
   only used for interworking with SS7. RFC 4666 doesn't define IPSEP-
   IPSTP-IPSEP application of M3UA. The signalling network management 
   function for this application needs to be extended. 

   Some parts of the specification are unclear,which  may lead to 
   misinterpretations and may weaken interoperability. 

   This document provides extensions and clarifications to RFC 4666. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-sigtran-m3ua-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-zhang-sigtran-m3ua-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce