Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-menth-pcn-emft-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Edge-Assisted Marked Flow Termination
	Author(s)	: M. Menth, F. Lehrieder, P. Eardley, A. Charny, J. Babiarz
	Filename	: draft-menth-pcn-emft-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2008-2-18
	
This document presents edge-assisted marked flow termination (EMFT)
   for PCN.  It assumes packet-size independent excess marking, i.e.
   packets exceeding the supportable rate (SR) of a link are marked as
   "excess-traffic" (ET).  EMFT terminates only flows with at least one
   ET-marked packet.  The problem is to avoid that all flows with ET-
   marked packets are terminated.  This draft proposes two solutions.
   Flow-based EMFT (F-EMFT) considers single flows separately and
   terminates them when sufficiently many packets of them have been
   received by the PCN egress node with an ET-mark.  Aggregate-based
   EMFT (A-EMFT) considers ingress-egress-aggregates and terminates
   flows thereof sufficiently many ET-marked packets have been received
   for that aggregate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-menth-pcn-emft-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-menth-pcn-emft-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce