Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for (NAT) (STUN)
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-14.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2008-02-11

Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is a protocol that serves
as a tool for other protocols in dealing with NAT traversal.  It can
be used by an endpoint to determine the IP address and port allocated
to it by a NAT.  It can also be used to check connectivity between
two endpoints, and as a keep-alive protocol to maintain NAT bindings.
STUN works with many existing NATs, and does not require any special
behavior from them.

STUN is not a NAT traversal solution by itself.  Rather, it is a tool
to be used in the context of a NAT traversal solution.  This is an
important change from the previous version of this specification (RFC
3489), which presented STUN as a complete solution.

This document obsoletes RFC 3489.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-14.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-14.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce