Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCECP) Requirements and Protocol Extensions In Support of Global Concurrent Optimization
	Author(s)       : Y. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2008-02-21

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a network component,
application, or node that is capable of performing path computations
at the request of Path Computation Clients (PCCs).  The PCE is
applied in Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering
(MPLS-TE) networks and in Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks to
determine the routes of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) through the
network.  The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
is specified for communications between PCCs and PCEs, and between
cooperating PCEs.

When computing or re-optimizing the routes of a set of LSPs through a
network it may be advantageous to perform bulk path computations in
order to avoid blocking problems and to achieve more optimal network-
wide solutions.  Such bulk optimization is termed Global Concurrent
Optimization (GCO).  A Global Concurrent Optimization is able to
simultaneously consider the entire topology of the network and the
complete set of existing LSPs, and their respective constraints, and
look to optimize or re-optimize the entire network to satisfy all
constraints for all LSPs.  The Global Concurrent Optimization (GCO)
application is primarily an NMS based solution.

This document provides application-specific requirements and the PCEP
extensions in support of a global concurrent optimization (GCO)
application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce