Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-santoni-timestampeddata-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Syntax for binding documents with time stamps
	Author(s)	: A. Santoni
	Filename	: draft-santoni-timestampeddata-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2008-2-7
	
This document describes a syntax which can be used to bind a generic document (or any set of data, not necessarily protected by means of cryptographic techniques) to one or more time-stamp tokens obtained for that document, where "time-stamp token" has the meaning defined in [TSP]. Additional types of temporal evidence are also supported. Whereas digital time stamping has become the standard technique for proving the existence of a document before a certain point in time, there is not a generally accepted syntax for keeping together one document and the associated time-stamps in a single "bundle". Such a syntax would facilitate keeping track of which time-stamps belong to what documents and would therefore improve the efficiency of timestamp-aware applications. 

This document proposes a simple syntax based on [CMS], by defining a new contentType.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-santoni-timestampeddata-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-santoni-timestampeddata-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-santoni-timestampeddata-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce