Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thubert-lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LoWPAN simple fragment Recovery
	Author(s)	: P. Thubert
	Filename	: draft-thubert-lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-2-7
	
Considering that 6LoWPAN packets can be as large as 2K bytes and that
   an 802.15.4 frame with security will carry in the order of 80 bytes
   of effective payload, a packet might end up fragmented into as many
   as 25 fragments at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of those
   fragments is lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent,
   further contributing to the congestion that might have caused the
   initial packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to
   recover individual fragments between 6LoWPAN endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-thubert-lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thubert-lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce