Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-abhi-eap-radius-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Secure Communication of EAP - Radius messages
	Author(s)	: A. Singh
	Filename	: draft-abhi-eap-radius-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2008-2-13
	
EAP is used to establish secure communication channel in 
IKEv2 and in Wireless Security. EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-MD5, 
EAP-SIM uses radius protocol for communication bewteen 
radius server and the client. These protocols are used in 
both Wireless network authentication and in IKEV2 authentication 
to establish VPN tunnel. 

   +----------+        +----------+        +----------+
   |          |  EAPOL |  EAP     | RADIUS |          |
   |  EAP     |<------>|  Server  |<------>|  RADIUS  |
   |  Client  |  EAPOW |          |  (EAP) |  Server  |
   |          |        |          |        |          |
   +----------+        +----------+        +----------+

This draft presents the security protocol which can be used 
to establish the secure communication channel between the 
radius server and  pass through server. Pass through server 
is access point in the case of wireless communication and 
it is gateway in case of IKEV2 authnetication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abhi-eap-radius-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-abhi-eap-radius-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-abhi-eap-radius-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce