Subject: I-D Action:draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Radius Mobility Extensions
	Author(s)       : V. Gondi, N. Agoulmine
	Filename        : draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-02-15

Increase in the usage of different access networks, the role of 
Radius server is increased to provide access across different access 
networks and access technologies. AAA server provides access to user 
terminals in different security mechanisms in access networks. Due 
to the robust architecture of radius server, the functionalities of 
server can be extended to provide different services other than the 
authentication and access to the user terminal. 

In this draft we are proposing to extend the functionalities of the 
radius server for the mobility management of the user in the access 
networks. In this process the Radius server performs the mobility 
context management of the user when its roaming or during handover 
from the visiting network and the home network. In this draft we are 
proposing to accommodate Proxy Mobile IP (PMIP) using these 
extensions. In this proposed architecture we have defined new 
attributes and packet format when a Radius server communicates with 
the MPA/HA of the PMIP architecture as well as with another Radius 
server for context management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce