Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-decraene-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for the graceful shutdown of BGP sessions 
	Author(s)	: B. Decraene, P. Francois, c. pelsser, Z. Ahmad, A. Armengol
	Filename	: draft-decraene-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2008-2-18
	
The BGP protocol is heavily used in Service Provider networks both 
   for Internet and BGP/MPLS VPN services. For resiliency purposes, 
   redundant routers and BGP sessions can be deployed to reduce the 
   consequences of an AS Border Router or BGP session breakdown on 
   customers' or peers' traffic. However simply taking down a BGP 
   session for maintenance purposes may still induce connectivity losses 
   during the BGP convergence. This is no more satisfactory for new 
   applications (e.g. voice over IP, on line gaming, VPN). Therefore, a 
   solution is required for the graceful shutdown of a (set of) BGP Requirements for the graceful shutdown of BGP sessions 

   session(s) in order to limit the amount of traffic loss during a 
   planned shutdown. This document expresses requirements for such a 
   solution. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-decraene-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-decraene-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce