Subject: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-cache-context-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A context mechanism for controlling caching of HTTP responses
	Author(s)       : Y. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-cache-context-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-02-24

A common problem for sensitive web services is informing the client,
in a reliable fashion, when a password protected resource is no
longer valid because the user is logged out of the service.  This is,
in particular, considered a potential security problem by some
sensitive services, such as online banking, when the user navigates
the client's history list, which is supposed to display the resource
as it was when it was loaded, not as it is at some later point in
time.

This document presents a method for collecting such sensitive
resources into a group, called a "Cache Context", which permits the
server to invalidate all the resources belonging in the group either
by direct action, or according to some expiration policy.  The
context can be configured to invalidate not just the resources, but
also specific cookies, HTTP authentication credentials and HTTP over
TLS session information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cache-context-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pettersen-cache-context-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cache-context-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce