Subject: I-D Action:draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 04:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SPEERMINT Security BCPs
	Author(s)       : S. Niccolini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-02-22

This memo presents the different security threats related to
SPEERMINT classifying them into threats to the Location Function, to
the Signaling Function and to the Media Function.  The different
instances of the threats are briefly introduced inside the
classification.  Finally the existing security solutions in SIP and
RTP/RTCP are presented to describe the countermeasures currently
available for such threats.  The objective of this document is to
identify and enumerate the SPEERMINT-specific threat vectors in order
to specify security-related requirements.  Once the requirements are
identified, methods and solutions how to achieve such requirements
can be selected.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce