Subject: I-D Action:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verification of Care-of Addresses in Multiple Bindings Registration
	Author(s)       : B. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-02-22

Using multiple care-of address registration, there is a possibility
that a malicious mobile node could create multiple care-of address
bindings that does not belong to the mobile node at its home agent.
The home agent would accept these bindings without verifying them due
to the trust relationship it has with the mobile node.  With these
bindings, the mobile node can launch attacks by asking the home agent
to flood the victims of these care-of addresses with useless packets.
To mitigate such a problem, this memo introduces a verification
mechanism that the home agent would use in order to verify the
care-of addresses for the mobile node before using them for packet
routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce