Subject: I-D Action:draft-gondi-netlmm-pmip-aaam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mobility Management using AAA mobility extensions and Proxy Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)       : V. Gondi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gondi-netlmm-pmip-aaam-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-02-16

Mobility access through IPv4 and IPv6 provides seamless services for 
  the user terminals across different access networks. To provide 
  seamless continuity while the mobile is moving from one access 
  networks to another is provided by different mechanisms, on the whole 
  the proposed mechanisms provides mobility with special requirements 
  access mechanism. The foremost popular of the mobility mechanisms is 
  provided by Charles Perkins in mobile IPv4 IETF RFC 2002. There are 
  some of the issues that MIP doesn't provide as a total mobility 
  solution. The Proxy MIP is a mobility mechanism to ensure mobility 
  management of the user terminal in different access networks. This 
  method provides the network based mobility management without any 
  client interactions. By this method the signaling overhead and the 
  latency during the handover and roaming is reduced. In this proposed 
  mechanism the mobile node doesn't need to have support for the 
  mobility instead the access network provide the mobility for the user 
  terminal. 

  Even though the proxy mobile IPv4 provides the mobility management 
  there are some of the issues that have to be solved for the network 
  controlled mobility management. In this proposed draft we proposed 
  new mechanism using proxy mobile IP with the mobility extensions 
  provided by the AAA server at the time of authentication and 
  authorizing a user terminal. Later in the draft we discuss the novel 
  architecture and packet format for PMIP interactions with AAA of the 
  access networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gondi-netlmm-pmip-aaam-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gondi-netlmm-pmip-aaam-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gondi-netlmm-pmip-aaam-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce