Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Bernstein
	Filename	: draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-03.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2008-2-20
	
This memo provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi-
   Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element 
   (PCE) architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical 
   networks (WSON).  In particular we provide control plane models for 
   key wavelength switched optical network subsystems and processes. The 
   subsystems include wavelength division multiplexed links, tunable 
   laser transmitters, reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers 
   (ROADM) and wavelength converters.  

   Lightpath provisioning, in general, requires the routing and 
   wavelength assignment (RWA) process. This process is reviewed and the 
   information requirements, both static and dynamic for this process 
   are presented, along with alternative implementation scenarios that 
   could be realized via GMPLS/PCE and/or extended GMPLS/PCE protocols. 
   This memo does NOT address optical impairments in any depth and 
   focuses on topological elements and path selection constraints that 
   are common across different WSON environments.  It is expected that a 
   variety of different techniques will be applied to optical 
   impairments depending on the type of WSON, such as access, metro or 
   long haul.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce