Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-micchie-tsvwg-fastmsctp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Readdressing Retransmission Trigger
	Author(s)	: M. Honda
	Filename	: draft-micchie-tsvwg-fastmsctp-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2008-2-22
	
Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)[RFC4960] can support
   mobility by utilizing the multi-home feature and the Dynamic Address
   Reconfiguration extension (ADDIP)[RFC5061].  By leveraging this
   feature, applications that use SCTP can continue communication
   without terminating it when the mobile node migrates to another
   network.  However, the migration of a mobile node often involves
   connectivity disruption due to bad wireless coverage, potential
   device overhead on the wireless interface to switch the wireless
   network to connect, and configuring a new IP address.  The
   connectivity disruption can induce significant delay on the SCTP
   communications, because it causes retransmission time outs (RTOs) for
   lost packets that are transmitted in this period.  In order to avoid
   the delay caused by the RTOs, this document describes a new
   retransmission trigger based on endpoint readdressing events.  SCTP
   can minimize the delay caused by migration involving connectivity
   disruption with this retransmission trigger.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-micchie-tsvwg-fastmsctp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-micchie-tsvwg-fastmsctp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce