Subject: I-D Action:draft-stiemerling-rtsp-announce-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTSP 2.0 Asynchronous Notification
	Author(s)       : T. Ura, et al.
	Filename        : draft-stiemerling-rtsp-announce-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-02-25

Some IPTV deployments that are using the Real Time Streaming Protocol
(RTSP) require the ability of the server to notify clients about
asynchronous events occurring during an RTSP session.  Current
deployments typically use the ANNOUNCE method of RTSP 1.0 for sending
such asynchronous events from a server to clients by using some
proprietary extensions.  However, the ANNOUNCE method has been
removed from the current RTSP 2.0 draft, leaving the new
specification without a mechanism for sending asynchronous messages
from the server.  This memo describes a use case for such an
asynchronous message and proposes a new RTSP 2.0 method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-rtsp-announce-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stiemerling-rtsp-announce-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-rtsp-announce-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce