Subject: I-D Action:draft-freed-sieve-date-index-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Date and Index Extensions
	Author(s)       : N. Freed
	Filename        : draft-freed-sieve-date-index-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-02-24

This document describes the "date" and "index" extensions to the
Sieve email filtering language.  The "date" extension gives Sieve the
ability to test date and time values in various ways.  The "index"
extension provides a means to limit header and address tests to
specific instances of header fields when header fields are repeated.

Change History (to be removed prior to publication as an RFC

Changed usage from Julian Days to Modified Julian Days.  This has the
advantage that the number are smaller and day numbers change at
midnight rather than at noon.

Added the ability to return the day of the week.
Use the term "argument" instead of "parameter" throughout.

Added a "std11" part type as a means to operate on values formatted
in the same way as a Date: header field.

Changed the terminology from "part" to "date-part".

Updated reference to 3028bis, corrected miscellaneous typos.

Updated the IANA registration templates.

Added "time" and "date" as possible date-part values with appropriate
syntax.

Restricted allowed ISO 8601 formats so that comparisons will be
reliable.

Changed the date-part "timezone" to "zone" to make it consistent with
the :zone parameter.

Removed the reference to structured header fields in the description
of the date test.

Added a paragraph to make it clear that :index counts header fields,
not the contents of header fields.

Allow leap seconds.

Added :originalzone parameter to date test.

Added several examples.

Made the specification of :last without :index an error, aligning
this specification with editheader.

Added some security considerations text about the impact of
currentdate on script analysis.

Updated references to recently published RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-date-index-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-freed-sieve-date-index-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-date-index-08.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce