Subject: I-D Action:draft-daley-send-spnd-prob-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Securing Neighbour Discovery Proxy Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : G. Daley, J. Combes
	Filename        : draft-daley-send-spnd-prob-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2008-02-25

Neighbour Discovery Proxy is used to provide an address presence on a
link from nodes which are no themselves present.  It allows a node to
receive packets directed at its address by allowing another device to
neighbour advertise on its behalf.

Neighbour Discovery Proxy is used in Mobile IPv6 and related
protocols to provide reachability from nodes on the home network when
a Mobile Node is not at home, by allowing the Home Agent to act as
proxy.  It is also used as a mechanism to allow a global prefix to
span multiple links, where proxies act as relays for neighbour
discovery messages.

Neighbour Discovery Proxy currently cannot be secured using SEND.
Today, SEND assumes that a node advertising an address is the address
owner and in possession of appropriate public and private keys for
that node.  This document describes how existing practice for proxy
Neighbour Discovery relates to Secured Neighbour Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-send-spnd-prob-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daley-send-spnd-prob-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daley-send-spnd-prob-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce