Subject: I-D Action:draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)       : P. Dutta
	Filename        : draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-02-24

[RFC4762] describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses  
which have been dynamically learned in a VPLS Instance for faster  
convergence on topology change. The procedure also removes the MAC
 
addresses in the VPLS which does not require relearning due to such  
topology change. This document defines an extension to MAC Address  
Withdrawal procedure with empty MAC List [RFC4762], that enables a  
Provider Edge(PE) device to remove only the MAC addresses that needs 

 to be relearned.  

Conventions used in this document 

In examples, "C:" and "S:" indicate lines sent by the client and 
server respectively. 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce