Subject: I-D Action:draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Configuring the Differentiated Services Codepoint of Session Description Protocol Established Media Streams
	Author(s)       : J. Polk
	Filename        : draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-02-23

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) offer/answer model currently
has no mechanism for dynamic configuration of the Differentiated 
Services Codepoints (DSCP) for the media streams endpoints 
establish.  This document creates such a mechanism within SDP, as 
granular as at the media stream level where more than one stream can
be in an offer/answer exchange, to set a particular DSCP for the 
desired Per Hop Behavior (PHB) of a media stream. This same 
mechanism can change a DSCP of an existing stream based on dynamic 
network conditions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce