Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Multicast blackhole mitigation with PIM adjacency conditions on routing announcements
	Author(s)	: T. Morin, G. Cauchie
	Filename	: draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
In a network running PIM-SM, multicast traffic can fail to be
   properly routed and forwarded during some period of time after a
   topology change, when unicast routing converges to a new path using a
   new next-hop before multicast routing adjacencies are fully setup
   with this new next-hop.  At this point, a blackhole appears in the
   multicast topology and persists until the PIM adjacency become fully
   setup.  This document describes different procedures aiming at
   avoiding such blackholes, focusing on the use of non-congruent
   unicast routing that takes into account the status of PIM
   adjacencies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-morin-mboned-mcast-blackhole-mitigation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce