Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:15:05 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : GMPLS Ethernet Label Switching Architecture and Framework
	Author(s)       : D. Fedyk, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2008-02-25

There has been significant recent work in increasing the capabilities
of Ethernet switches and Ethernet forwarding models. As a
consequence, the role of Ethernet is rapidly expanding into
"transport networks" that previously were the domain of other
technologies such as SONET/SDH TDM and ATM. This document defines an
architecture and framework for a GMPLS based control plane for
Ethernet in this "transport network" capacity. GMPLS has already been
specified for similar technologies. Some additional extensions to the
GMPLS control plane are needed and this document provides a framework
for these extensions.Contents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce