Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Service Overview
	Author(s)       : T. Hansen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-overview-09.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-02-25

This document provides an overview of the DomainKeys Identified Mail
(DKIM) service and describes how it can fit into a messaging service.
It also describes how DKIM relates to other IETF message signature
technologies.  It is intended for those who are adopting, developing,
or deploying DKIM.  DKIM allows an organization to take
responsibility for transmitting a message, in a way that can be
validated by a recipient.  The organization can be the author's, the
originating sending site, an intermediary, or one of their agents.
An organization may use one or more domain names to accomplish this.
DKIM defines a domain-level digital signature authentication
framework for email, using public-key cryptography and key server
technology [RFC4871].  This permits verification of a message source,
an intermediary, or one of their agents, as well as the integrity of
its contents.  DKIM will also provide a mechanism that permits
potential email signers to publish information about their email
signing practices; this will permit email receivers to make
additional assessments about messages.  Such protection of email
identity can assist in the global control of "spam" and "phishing".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dkim-overview-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-09.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce