Subject: I-D Action:draft-arkko-mext-rfc3775-altcoa-check-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verifying Correctness of Alternate Care-of Address Option
	Author(s)       : J. Arkko
	Filename        : draft-arkko-mext-rfc3775-altcoa-check-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2008-02-25

This document revises the RFC 3775 rules on how Alternate Care-of
Address option is processed.  Alternate Care-of Address option is
used to carry the current care-of address inside a Mobility Header
message.  This is used in addition to the source address in the
packet in order to ensure that the care-of address is protected by
IPsec ESP, the security mechanism that protects Mobility Header
messages.  Unfortunately, RFC 3775 did not require verification that
the source address and care-of address are the same.  This document
adds that requirement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mext-rfc3775-altcoa-check-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-mext-rfc3775-altcoa-check-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mext-rfc3775-altcoa-check-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce