Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers
	Author(s)       : R. Koodli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2008-02-25

Mobile IPv6 enables a Mobile Node to maintain its connectivity to the
Internet when moving from an Access Router to another, a process
referred to as handover.  During this time, the Mobile Node is unable
to send or receive packets due to both link switching delay and IP
protocol operations.  The "handover latency" resulting from standard
Mobile IPv6 procedures, namely, movement detection, new Care of
Address configuration and Binding Update, is often unacceptable to
real-time traffic such as Voice over IP.  Reducing the handover
latency could be beneficial to non real-time, throughput-sensitive
applications as well.  This document specifies a protocol to improve
handover latency due to Mobile IPv6 procedures.  This document does
not address improving the link switching latency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-06.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce