Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Ivip Mapping Database Fast Push
	Author(s)	: R. Whittle
	Filename	: draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-00.txt
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 2008-2-18
	
Ivip (Internet Vastly Improved Plumbing) is a proposed map-encap
   system which is intended to provide a solution for the routing
   scaling problem - supporting growing numbers of end-user networks
   with multihoming, traffic engineering and portability, without
   further growth in the global BGP routing table.  Ivip is also
   intended to provide other benefits, including a new form of IPv4 and
   IPv6 mobility and better utilization of IPv4 address space.  To
   achieve these benefits, Ivip relies on a "fast mapping database push"
   system, which is required to securely and reliably deliver updates to
   the mapping database to hundreds of thousands - or potentially
   millions - of ITRs (Ingress Tunnel Routers) and Query Servers (QSes)
   all over the Net, ideally within a few seconds.  This ID describes
   the requirements of such a system and how it could be implemented so
   as to cope with very large numbers of updates and ITR/QS sites.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce