Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement of Default Address Selection in Multi-prefix Environment: Operational Issues of RFC3484 Default Rules
	Author(s)       : A. Matsumoto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-02-25

One physical link can carry multiple subnets.  Moreover, we can use
multiple physical networks at the same time in a host.  In that
environment, end hosts might have multiple IP addresses and be
required to use them selectively.  Without an appropriate source/
destination address selection mechanism, the host will experience
some trouble in communication.  RFC 3484 defines default source and
destination address selection algorithms, but the multi-prefix
environment considered here needs additional rules beyond those of
the default operation.  This document describes the possible problems
that end hosts could encounter in an environment with multiple
subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce