Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Real-time Inter-network Defense
	Author(s)	: K. Moriarty
	Filename	: draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-05.txt
	Pages		: 67
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
Network security incidents, such as system compromises, worms,
    viruses, phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically
    result in the loss of service, data, and resources both human and
    system.  Network providers and Computer Security Incident Response
    Teams need to be equipped and ready to assist in communicating and
    tracing security incidents with tools and procedures in place
    before the occurrence of an attack.  Real-time Inter-network
    Defense outlines a proactive inter-network communication method to
    facilitate sharing incident handling data while integrating
    existing detection, tracing, source identification, and mitigation
    mechanisms across for a complete incident handling solution.
    Combining these capabilities in a communication system provides a
    way to achieve higher security levels on networks.  Policy
    guidelines for handling incidents are recommended and can be agreed
    upon by a consortium using the security recommendations and
    considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce