Subject: I-D Action:draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Shim6 Design for ID/loc split and Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)       : E. Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-02-23

The Shim6 protocol provides for locator agility while satisfying the
'first, do no harm' security requirements.  This document outlines
three rather orthogonal sets of extensions to Shim6.  The first one
is how to procide complete separation between identifiers and
locators.  The second one is how to allow routers to rewrite the
locators in the shim6 packets as a way to provide traffic engineering
information to the hosts.  The third one is the outline of a simple
extension to allow shim6, with a CGA upper-layer ID, to operate using
IPv4 addresses as locators.

The purpose of this outline is to stimulate discussions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce