Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-igp-sync-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDP IGP Synchronization
	Author(s)	: M. Jork
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-igp-sync-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
In certain networks there is a dependency on edge-to-edge LSPs setup 
   by LDP, e.g. networks that are used for MPLS VPN applications. For 
   such applications it is not possible to rely on IP forwarding if the 
   MPLS LSP is not operating appropriately. Blackholing of labeled 
   traffic can occur in situations where the IGP is operational on a 
   link but LDP is not operational on that link. While the link could     
   still be used for IP forwarding, it is not useful for traffic with 
   packets carrying a label stack of more than one label or when the IP 
   address carried in the packet is out of the RFC1918 space. This 
   document describes a mechanism to avoid traffic loss due to this 
   condition without introducing any protocol changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-igp-sync-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mpls-igp-sync-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce