Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS Traffic Engineering Soft Preemption
	Author(s)       : D. Maddux, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-02-14

This document details Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic
Engineering Soft Preemption, a suite of protocol modifications
extending the concept of preemption with the goal of reducing/
eliminating traffic disruption of preempted Traffic Engineering Label
Switched Paths (TE LSPs).  Initially MPLS RSVP-TE was defined
supporting only immediate TE LSP displacement upon preemption.  The
utilization of a preemption pending flag helps more gracefully
mitigate the re-route process of preempted TE LSP.  For the brief
period soft preemption is activated, reservations (though not
necessarily traffic levels) are in effect under-provisioned until the
TE LSP(s) can be re-routed.  For this reason, the feature is
primarily but not exclusively interesting in MPLS enabled IP networks
with Differentiated Services and Traffic Engineering capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-09.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce