Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kurapati-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: DHCPv4 Leasequery by relay agent remote ID and circuit ID
	Author(s)	: P. Kurapati, D. Rao, B. Joshi
	Filename	: draft-kurapati-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2008-2-16
	
Some Relay Agents extract lease information from the DHCP message
   exchanged between the client and DHCP server.  This lease information
   is used by relay agents for various purposes like antispoofing,
   prevention of flooding.  RFC 4388 defines a mechanism for relay
   agents to retrieve the lease information from the DHCP server as and
   when this information is lost.  Existing leasequery mechanism is data
   driven which means that a relay agent can initiate the leasequery only when it starts receiving data from/to the clients.  In certain
   scenarios, this model is not scalable.  This document first looks at
   issues in existing mechanism and then proposes new query types, query
   by remote ID and query by circuit ID, to address these issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurapati-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kurapati-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce