Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv4 Address Conflict Detection
	Author(s)	: S. Cheshire
	Filename	: draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-06.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2008-2-20
	
When two hosts on the same link attempt to use the same IPv4 address
   at the same time (except in rare special cases where this has been
   arranged by prior coordination) problems ensue for one or both hosts.
   This document describes (i) a simple precaution that a host can take
   in advance to help prevent this misconfiguration from happening, and
   (ii) if this misconfiguration does occur, a simple mechanism by which
   a host can passively detect after-the-fact that it has happened, so
   that the host or administrator may respond to rectify the problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce