Subject: I-D Action:draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 98
	Date            : 2008-03-20

This document is a specification of the basic protocol for the
Internet electronic mail transport.  It consolidates, updates, and
clarifies several previous documents, making all or parts of most of
them obsolete.  It covers the SMTP extension mechanisms and best
practices for the contemporary Internet, but does not provide details
about particular extensions.  Although SMTP was designed as a mail
transport and delivery protocol, this specification also contains
information that is important to its use as a "mail submission"
protocol for "split-UA" mail reading systems and mobile environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt