Subject: I-D Action:draft-kurtis-tictoc-itp-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 04:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for a next generation Internet Time Protocol
	Author(s)       : K. Lindqvist, P. Lothberg
	Filename        : draft-kurtis-tictoc-itp-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-03-10

Providing timing services over an IP network, known as wall-clock,
has traditionally been done with the Network Time Protocol, NTP.  The
current version of NTP, version 4, has been in existence for a long
time, but only recently been adopted as an IETF Standard.  In the
mean time however, the requirements for higher precision of wall-
clock services over IP networks has grown.  This document outlines
some of the requirements of wall-clock services that is not provided
by NTPv4, and is intended to serve as a gap analysis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurtis-tictoc-itp-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt