Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-softwire-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Advertising an IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur, E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-softwire-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2008-1-18
	
MultiProtocol-BGP (MP-BGP) specifies that the set of Network Layer
   protocols to which the address carried in the Next Hop field may
   belong is determined by the Address Family Identifier (AFI) and the
   Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI).  The current AFI/SAFI
   definitions for the IPv4 address family only have provisions for
   advertising a Next Hop address that belongs to the IPv4 protocol when
   advertising an IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI) or
   a VPN-IPv4 NLRI.  This document specifies the extensions necessary to
   allow advertising an IPv4 NLRI or a VPN-IPv4 NLRI with a Next Hop
   address that belongs to the IPv6 protocol.  This comprises an
   extension of the AFI/SAFI definitions to allow the address of the
   Next Hop for an IPv4 NLRI or VPN-IPv4 NLRI to also belong to the IPv6
   protocol, the encoding of the Next Hop in order to determine which of
   the protocols the address actually belongs to, and a new BGP
   Capability allowing MP-BGP Peers to dynamically discover whether they
   can exchange IPv4 NLRI and VPN-IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt