Subject: I-D Action:draft-hardaker-dnsops-name-server-management-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Management of Name Servers for the DNS
	Author(s)       : W. Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-hardaker-dnsops-name-server-management-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-03-19

Management of name servers for the Domain Name Service (DNS) has
traditionally been done using vendor-specific monitoring,
configuration and control methods.  Although some service monitoring
platforms can test the functionality of the DNS itself, there has not
been a interoperable way to control, configure and examine the
internal performance of a given DNS server.

This document discusses the requirements of a management system for
DNS name servers.  A management solution that is designed to manage
the DNS should meet the needs discussed in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardaker-dnsops-name-server-management-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt