Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: EAP Tunneled TLS Authentication Protocol Version 0 (EAP-TTLSv0)
	Author(s)	: P. Funk, S. Blake-Wilson
	Filename	: draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2008-3-11
	
EAP-TTLS is an EAP method that provides additional functionality 
   beyond what is available in EAP-TLS [RFC2716bis]. In EAP-TLS, a TLS 
   handshake is used to mutually authenticate a client and server. EAP-
   TTLS extends this authentication negotiation by using the secure 
   connection established by the TLS handshake to exchange additional 
   information between client and server. In EAP-TTLS, the TLS 
   handshake may be mutual; or it may be one-way, in which only the 
   server is authenticated to the client. The secure connection 
   established by the handshake may then be used to allow the server to 
   authenticate the client using existing, widely-deployed 
   authentication mechanisms. The authentication of the client may 
   itself be EAP, or it may be another authentication protocol such as 
   PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP or MS-CHAP-V2. 

   Thus, EAP-TTLS allows legacy password-based authentication protocols 
   to be used against existing authentication databases, while 
   protecting the security of these legacy protocols against 
   eavesdropping, man-in-the-middle and other attacks. 

   EAP-TTLS also allows client and server to establish keying material 
   for use in the data connection between the client and access point. 
   The keying material is established implicitly between client and 
   server based on the TLS handshake.  

   This document describes EAP-TTLSv0; that is, the original version 0 
   of the EAP-TTLS protocol, which has been widely deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt