Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : C. Jennings, R. Mahy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2008-03-21

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows proxy servers to
initiate TCP connections and send asynchronous UDP datagrams to User
Agents in order to deliver requests.  However, many practical
considerations, such as the existence of firewalls and Network
Address Translators (NATs), prevent servers from connecting to User
Agents in this way.  This specification defines behaviors for User
Agents, registrars and proxy servers that allow requests to be
delivered on existing connections established by the User Agent.  It
also defines keep alive behaviors needed to keep NAT bindings open
and specifies the usage of multiple connections from the User Agent
to its Registrar.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt