Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-multisig-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multiple Signatures in S/MIME
	Author(s)	: S. Turner, J. Schaad
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-multisig-05.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2008-3-11
	
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) SignedData includes the SignerInfo 
   structure to convey per-signer information. SignedData supports 
   multiple signers and multiple signature algorithms per-signer with 
   multiple SignerInfo structures. If a signer attaches more than one 
   SignerInfo, there are concerns that an attacker could perform a 
   downgrade attack by removing the SignerInfo(s) with the 'strong' 
algorithm(s). This document defines the multiple-signatures 
   attribute, its generation rules, and its processing rules to allow 
   signers to convey multiple SignerInfo while protecting against 
   downgrade attacks. Additionally, this attribute may assist during 
   periods of algorithm migration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-multisig-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt