Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 01:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RObust Header Compression Version 2 (ROHCv2): Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP Lite
	Author(s)       : G. Pelletier, K. Sandlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-06.txt
	Pages           : 122
	Date            : 2008-03-19

This document specifies ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profiles
that efficiently compress RTP/UDP/IP (Real-Time Transport Protocol,
User Datagram Protocol, Internet Protocol), RTP/UDP-Lite/IP (User
Datagram Protocol Lite), UDP/IP, UDP-Lite/IP, IP and ESP/IP
(Encapsulating Security Payload) headers.

This specification defines a second version of the profiles found in
RFC 3095, RFC 3843 and RFC 4019; it supersedes their definition, but
does not obsolete them.

The ROHCv2 profiles introduce a number of simplifications to the
rules and algorithms that govern the behavior of the compression
endpoints.  It also defines robustness mechanisms that may be used by
a compressor implementation to increase the probability of
decompression success when packets can be lost and/or reordered on
the ROHC channel.  Finally, the ROHCv2 profiles define its own
specific set of header formats, using the ROHC formal notation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt