Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Address Assignment to End Sites
	Author(s)	: T. Narten
	Filename	: draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-04.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2008-3-11
	
RFC 3177 argued that in IPv6, end sites should be assigned /48 blocks
   in most cases. The Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) adopted that
   recommendation in 2002, but began reconsidering the policy in 2005.
   This document revisits and updates the RFC 3177 recommendations on
   the assignment of IPv6 address space to end sites.  The exact choice
   of how much address space to assign end sites is a policy issue under
   the purview of the RIRs, subject to IPv6 architectural andoperational considerations. This document reviews the architectural
   and operational considerations of end site assignments as well as the
   motivations behind the original 3177 recommendations. The document
   clarifies that changing the /48 recommendation is one of policy, and
   has minimal impact on the IPv6 architecture and on IETF Standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt