Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-00.txt
	Author(s)       : D. Caviglia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-03-28

In a transport network scenario, where Data Plane connections  
controlled either by GMPLS (Soft Permanent Connections - SPC) or by  
Management System (Permanent Connections - PC) may independently  
coexist, the ability of transforming an existing PC into a SPC and  
vice versa - without actually affecting Data Plane traffic being  
carried over it - is a valuable option. This applies especially when  
a GMPLS based Control Plane is first introduced into an existing  
network and there may be the need, from a Carrier point of view, to  
pass under GMPLS control existing connections already set up over  
Data Plane. In other terms, such operation could be seen as a way of  
transferring the ownership and control of an existing and in-use Data 
Plane connection between the Management Plane and the Control Plane,  
leaving its Data Plane state untouched.  
This memo provides a minor extension to RSVP-TE signaling protocol,  
within GMPLS architecture, to enable such connection ownership  
transfer and describes the proposed procedures.  

Conventions used in this document  

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",  
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt