Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-buford-irtf-sam-overlay-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SAM Overlay Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Buford
	Filename	: draft-buford-irtf-sam-overlay-protocol-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2008-3-13
	
The previously proposed Hybrid Overlay Multicast Framework uses a 
   structured peer-to-peer overlay to connect peers in different types 
   of multicast regions of the Internet. We use AMT (Automatic IP 
 Multicast Without Explicit Tunnels) to connect peers in ALM 
   (Application Layer Multicast) regions with peers in native multicast 
   regions. Here we define the overlay messaging needed to support the 
   multicast tree operations. One goal of this approach is to ensure 
   that the SAM framework is compatible with the P2P-SIP overlay, which 
   is still being defined. Another goal is to be overlay agnostic so 
   that different overlay algorithms can interoperate in a single SAM 
   (Scalable Adaptive Multicast) session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-buford-irtf-sam-overlay-protocol-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt