Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vixie-dnsext-dns0x20-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Use of Bit 0x20 in DNS Labels to Improve Transaction Identity
	Author(s)	: P. Vixie, D. Dagon
	Filename	: draft-vixie-dnsext-dns0x20-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2008-3-18
	
The small (16-bit) size of the DNS transaction ID has made it a
   frequent target for forgery, with the unhappy result of many cache
   pollution vulnerabilities demonstrated throughout Internet history.
   Even with perfectly and unpredictably random transaction ID's, random
   and birthday attacks are still theoretically feasible.  This document
   describes a method by which an initiator can improve transaction
   identity using the 0x20 bit in DNS labels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vixie-dnsext-dns0x20-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt