Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moran-sipping-overload-retry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Determining When to Discard or Retry a SIP Request During Overload
	Author(s)	: T. Moran
	Filename	: draft-moran-sipping-overload-retry-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2008-3-14
	
SIP servers can become overload and unable to handle all SIP messages 
   they receive.  Even though the SIP protocol provides a limited 
   overload control mechanism through its 503 (Service Unavailable) 
   response code, SIP servers are still vulnerable to overload.  This 
   document proposes an architecture for determining when a client 
   should throttle the sending of SIP requests vs. retrying them. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moran-sipping-overload-retry-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt