Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tls-des-idea-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DES and IDEA Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
	Author(s)       : P. Eronen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-des-idea-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2008-03-10

TLS specification versions 1.0 (RFC 2246) and 1.1 (RFC 4346) included
cipher suites based on DES (Data Encryption Standard) and IDEA
(International Data Encryption Algorithm) algorithms.  DES (when used
in single-DES mode) and IDEA are no longer recommended for general
use in TLS, and have been removed from TLS 1.2 main specification
(RFC NNNN).  This document specifies these cipher suites for
completeness, and discusses reasons why their use is no longer
recommended.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-des-idea-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt