Subject: I-D Action:draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Pausing and Resuming Notifications
	Author(s)       : M. Vakil, S. Parameswar
	Filename        : draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-03-12

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables a
subscriber to receive asynchronous notification of various events
from other SIP user agents.  It defines mechanisms to create,
refresh, terminate subscriptions.  This framework also defines
mechanism to fetch (poll) an event state of a resource without
creating persistent subscriptions.  There is no mechanism to
temporarily pause the notifications, while still maintaining a
subscription on the server.  This lack of functionality sometime
results in a lot of superfluous notification traffic, and put
unnecessary load on the server.  This draft defines an extension to
SIP events that allows the subscriber to pause, un-pause
notifications, and be able to perform fetch (poll) subscriptions
within an established (created) subscription dialog.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt