Subject: I-D Action:draft-white-rppract-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Common Practices in Routing Protocols Deployment
	Author(s)       : R. White, J. Burns
	Filename        : draft-white-rppract-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-03-12

This document discusses common practices used in deploying routing
protocols in both public and private networks.  The focus is not to
describe how routing protocols should be deployed, but rather how
they are generally deployed, to provide those working on
specifications which impact the operation of routing protocols with
guidance in what will likely be deployed, or what will likely not be
deployed.  The focus in thie document will be ionterdomain routing,
but it will cover aspects of intradomain routing, as well.1.  Background

When considering new extensions to existing routing protocols, it's
useful to consider them in the context of existing usage of these
protocols.  Various questions come to mind, such as:

o  Common Underlying Principles of Network Designs
o  Common Practices in Route Origination
o  Common Practices in Routing Database Management
o  Common Practices in Aggregation
o  Common Practices in Peering
o  Common Practices in Security
o  ....

Each of these topics will be covered in a separate section below.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-rppract-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt