Subject: I-D Action:draft-bambenek-doubleflux-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Double Flux Defense in the DNS Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Bambenek
	Filename        : draft-bambenek-doubleflux-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2008-03-21

The memo provides information and proposed standards for developers
of applications based on the DNS protocol and for administrators
of servers and networks. It proposes new standards for DNS and
DNSSEC implementations that would prevent abuse of the DNS
protocol such as those seen by "Double Flux" service networks.
Specifically, this document recommends that all resource records for
NS records with Time-To-Live (TTL) settings under 24 hours be
dropped as potentially malicious records designed to attack users.
This document would update RFCs 1123, 1912, 2181 and 2535.

Conventions used in this document 

  The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
  "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
  document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [KWORDS].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bambenek-doubleflux-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt