Subject: I-D Action:draft-melnikov-imapext-multimailbox-search-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension
	Author(s)       : B. Leiba, A. Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-imapext-multimailbox-search-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-04-22

The IMAP4 specification allows the searching only of the selected
mailbox.  A user often wants to search multiple mailboxes, and a
client that wishes to support this must issue a series of SELECT and
SEARCH commands, waiting for each to complete before moving on to the
next.  This extension allows a client to search multiple mailboxes
with one command, limiting the round-trips and waiting for various
searches to complete.  This also introduces mailbox field in ESEARCH
responses, allowing a client to pipeline the searches if it chooses.Note

A revised version of this draft document will be submitted to the RFC
editor as a Proposed Standard for the Internet Community.  Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should be sent to
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imapext-multimailbox-search-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt