Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements
	Author(s)	: P. Sangster
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2008-4-18
	
This document defines the problem statement, scope and protocol  
   requirements between the components of the NEA (Network Endpoint  
   Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides owners of networks  
   (e.g. an enterprise offering remote access) a mechanism to  
   evaluate the posture of a system.  This may take place during the  
   request for network access and/or subsequently at any time while  
   connected to the network.  The learned posture information can  
   then be applied to a variety of compliance oriented decisions.   
   The posture information is frequently useful for detecting  
   systems that are lacking or have out of date security protective  
   mechanisms such as: anti-virus and host-based firewall software.   
   In order to provide context for the requirements, a reference  
   model and terminology are introduced.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt