Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pmohapat-idr-acceptown-community-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BGP ACCEPT_OWN Well-known Community Attribute
	Author(s)	: J. Uttaro, P. Mohapatra, D. Smith, R. Raszuk, J. Scudder
	Filename	: draft-pmohapat-idr-acceptown-community-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2008-4-25
	
It may be useful for a BGP speaker in an autonomous system to receive
   and accept its own advertised route from a route reflector with more
   fine-grained route control. For example, the route reflector can
   change certain attributes of a route as desired, and then re-
   advertise it back to the originator. Though it is possible to perform
   such policy control directly at the originator, it may be
   operationally cumbersome in a network with a large number of border
   routers having complex BGP policies.

   This draft defines a new and well-known BGP community value,
   ACCEPT_OWN, that signals a BGP speaker to accept an UPDATE message
   and process the associated routes even when the ORIGINATOR_ID or the
   NEXT_HOP matches that of the receiving speaker.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pmohapat-idr-acceptown-community-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt