Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-rfc3373bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Three-Way Handshake for Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Point-to-Point Adjacencies
	Author(s)	: D. Katz, R. Saluja
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-rfc3373bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-4-17
	
The IS-IS routing protocol (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System, ISO 10589) requires reliable protocols at the link layer for
   point-to-point links.  As a result, it does not use a three-way
   handshake when establishing adjacencies on point-to- point media.
   This paper defines a backward-compatible extension to the protocol
   that provides for a three-way handshake.  It is fully interoperable
   with systems that do not support the extension.

   Additionally, the extension allows the robust operation of more than
   256 point-to-point links on a single router.

   This extension has been implemented by multiple router vendors; this
   paper is provided to the Internet community in order to allow
   interoperable implementations to be built by other vendors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc3373bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt