Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers
	Author(s)       : R. Koodli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2008-04-17

Mobile IPv6 enables a Mobile Node to maintain its connectivity to the
Internet when moving from one Access Router to another, a process
referred to as handover.  During handover, there is a period during
which the Mobile Node is unable to send or receive packets because of
link switching delay and IP protocol operations.  This "handover
latency" resulting from standard Mobile IPv6 procedures, namely
movement detection, new Care of Address configuration, and Binding
Update, is often unacceptable to real-time traffic such as Voice over
IP.  Reducing the handover latency could be beneficial to non-real-
time, throughput-sensitive applications as well.  This document
specifies a protocol to improve handover latency due to Mobile IPv6
procedures.  This document does not address improving the link
switching latency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt