Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-explicit-resource-control-bundle-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Component Link Recording and Resource Control for TE Link Bundles
	Author(s)	: A. Zamfir
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-explicit-resource-control-bundle-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2008-4-2
	
Record Route is a useful administrative tool that has been used  
   extensively by the service providers. However, when TE links are 
   bundled, identification of label resource in Record Route Object 
   (RRO) is not enough for the administrative purpose. Network service 
   providers would like to know the component link within a TE link that 
   is being used by a given LSP. In other words, when link bundling is 
   used, resource recording requires mechanisms to specify the component 
   link identifier, along with the TE link identifier and Label. As it 
   is not possible to record component link in the RRO, this draft 
   defines the extensions to RSVP-TE [RFC3209] and [RFC3473] to specify 
   component link identifiers for resource recording purposes.   
        
   This draft also defines the Explicit Route Object (ERO) counterpart 
   of the RRO extension. The ERO extensions are needed to perform 
   explicit label/ resource control over bundled TE link. Hence, this 
   document defines the extensions to RSVP-TE [RFC3209] and [RFC3473] to 
   specify component link identifiers for explicit resource control and 
   recording over TE link bundles.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-explicit-resource-control-bundle-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt