Subject: I-D Action:draft-nir-ike-qcd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Quick Crash Detection Method for IKE
	Author(s)       : Y. Nir
	Filename        : draft-nir-ike-qcd-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-04-02

This document describes an extension to the IKEv2 protocol that
allows for faster crash recovery using a saved token.

When an IPsec tunnel between two IKEv2 implementations is
disconnected due to a restart of one peer, it can take as much as
several minutes for the other peer to discover that the reboot has
occurred, thus delaying recovery.  In this text we propose an
extension to the protocol, that allows for recovery within a few
seconds of the reboot.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nir-ike-qcd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt