Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Time Protocol Version 4 Autokey Specification
	Author(s)	: B. Haberman, D. Mills
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-02.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 2008-4-22
	
This memo describes the Autokey security model for authenticating
   servers to clients using the Network Time Protocol (NTP) and public
   key cryptography.  Its design is based on the premise that IPSEC
   schemes cannot be adopted intact, since that would preclude stateless
   servers and severely compromise timekeeping accuracy.  In addition,
   PKI schemes presume authenticated time values are always available to
   enforce certificate lifetimes; however, cryptographically verified
   timestamps require interaction between the timekeeping and
   authentication functions.

   This memo includes the Autokey requirements analysis, design
   principles and protocol specification.  A detailed description of the
   protocol states, events and transition functions is included.  A
   prototype of the Autokey design based on this memo has been
   implemented, tested and documented in the NTP Version 4 (NTPv4)
   software distribution for Unix, Windows and VMS at
   http://www.ntp.org.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt