Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dohler-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Urban WSNs Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Dohler, T. Watteyne, C. Jacquenet, G. Madhusudan, G. Chegaray
	Filename	: draft-dohler-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2008-4-8
	
The application specific routing requirements for Urban Low Power and
Lossy Networks (U-L2Ns) are presented in this document. In the near
future, sensing and actuating nodes will be placed outdoors in urban
environments so as to improve the citizens' living conditions as well
as to monitor compliance with increasingly strict environmental laws.
These field nodes are expected to measure and report a wide gamut of
data, such as required in smart metering, waste disposal,
meteorological, pollution and allergy reporting applications. The
majority of these nodes is expected to communicate wirelessly which
- given the limited radio range - requires the use of suitable
multi-hop routing protocols. The design of such protocols will be
mainly impacted by the limited resources of the nodes (memory,
processing power, battery, etc) and the particularities of the
outdoors urban application scenario. As such, for a wireless roll
solution to be competitive with other incumbent and emerging
solutions, the protocol ought to be energy-efficient, scalable and
autonomous. This documents aims to specify a set of requirements
reflecting these and further U-L2Ns tailored characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dohler-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt