Subject: I-D Action:draft-freed-sieve-date-index-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Date and Index Extensions
	Author(s)       : N. Freed
	Filename        : draft-freed-sieve-date-index-11.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-04-20

This document describes the "date" and "index" extensions to the
Sieve email filtering language.  The "date" extension gives Sieve the
ability to test date and time values in various ways.  The "index"
extension provides a means to limit header and address tests to
specific instances of header fields when header fields are repeated.

Change History (to be removed prior to publication as an RFC)

Changed usage from Julian Days to Modified Julian Days.  This has the
advantage that the number are smaller and day numbers change at
midnight rather than at noon.
Added the ability to return the day of the week.

Use the term "argument" instead of "parameter" throughout.

Added a "std11" part type as a means to operate on values formatted
in the same way as a Date: header field.

Changed the terminology from "part" to "date-part".

Updated reference to 3028bis, corrected miscellaneous typos.

Updated the IANA registration templates.

Added "time" and "date" as possible date-part values with appropriate
syntax.

Restricted allowed ISO 8601 formats so that comparisons will be
reliable.

Changed the date-part "timezone" to "zone" to make it consistent with
the :zone parameter.

Removed the reference to structured header fields in the description
of the date test.

Added a paragraph to make it clear that :index counts header fields,
not the contents of header fields.

Allow leap seconds.

Added :originalzone parameter to date test.

Added several examples.

Made the specification of :last without :index an error, aligning
this specification with editheader.

Added some security considerations text about the impact of
currentdate on script analysis.

Updated references to recently published RFCs.

Clarified that date tests must return false for dates that aren't
valid according to the calendar system.

Correct erroneous reference to Julian calendar dates - should be
Gregorian instead.
Clarified that "std11" isn't really intended to be used in comparison
operations and added an example of using "std11" to insert a date/
time in a header field.

Added an appendix giving sample code to convert to and from modified
Julian date values.

Simplified the requirements for extracting date information from
header fields.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-date-index-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt