Subject: I-D Action:draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Streamlined FTP Command Extensions
	Author(s)       : M. Peterson, R. Software
	Filename        : draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-04-08

This document specifies FTP commands to download thumbnails of remote 
images, remove entire directory trees, request the amount of storage 
space available to the user, request the size of a remote directory 
and its contents, and to specify an FTP host.  The commands are 
designed to reduce the number of server / client exchanges, provide 
information that was not previously available, and to reduce 
bandwidth requirements for some higher level operations. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119]. 

This document uses previously established definitions for FTP related 
terms as defined in [RFC959].  In particular, the terms "data 
connection", "FTP command", "file", "pathname", "reply", "server-FTP 
process", "user", and "user-FTP process" are used as defined.  The 
terms "server" and "client" are also used in place of "server-FTP 
process" and "user-FTP process", respectively, for the sake of 
brevity. 

The syntax for responses to FTP commands used in this document is 
explained using Augmented BNF as defined in [RFC5234].  Additional 
tokens defined in [RFC3659] that extend ABNF are also used, 
specifically the TCHAR token. 

In command examples, "C>" and "S>" indicate lines sent by the client 
and server, respectively.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt