Subject: I-D Action:draft-yousaf-ietf-network-mhdcar-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Hop Discovery of Candidate Access Routers (MHD-CAR)
	Author(s)       : F. Yousaf, C. Wietfeld
	Filename        : draft-yousaf-ietf-network-mhdcar-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-04-23

The Candidate Access Router Discovery (CARD) protocol specified in 
[1] is aimed to enable seamless IP layer handover by aiding seamless 
Layer 3 (L3) mobility management protocols like Fast Mobile IP (FMIP) 
by providing identity and capabilities information of the candidate 
access routers (CARs) to the mobile node (MN) prior to the initiation 
of handover while the MN is still connected to its current AR. 

 The specifications as laid down in [1], however, specifies a very 
generic mechanism of the CARD protocol effective only in specific 
network architecture scenarios and it doesn't take into account the 
stringent requirements of a fast moving MN and real time 
communication sessions, especially when it comes to resolving 
candidate access routers that my be adjacent geographically but not 
topologically. 

This draft addresses the expected shortcomings of the base CARD 
protocol with respect to fast moving MNs and real time communication 
sessions by proposing extensions that is expected to improve and/or 
enhance the performance of the generic CARD protocol as specified in 
[1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yousaf-ietf-network-mhdcar-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt