Subject: I-D Action:draft-doswald-robert-mip4-btn-fmipv4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Better Than Nothing Mobile IPv4 Fast Handovers
	Author(s)       : A. Doswald, S. Robert
	Filename        : draft-doswald-robert-mip4-btn-fmipv4-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-04-08

Proposed fast handover solutions for Mobile IPv4 depend on the
presence of Foreign Agents (FA) in the networks between which the
Mobile Node (MN) moves to ensure their operation.  However, in many
situations the MN moves into networks without FAs.  This document
proposes a solution that includes fast handover mechanisms involving
a direct connection to the Home Agent (HA).  This solution is not a
full fledged fast handover proposal, but rather a complement to RFC
4881: Low-Latency Handovers in Mobile IPv4, and RFC 4988: Mobile IPv4
Fast Handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-doswald-robert-mip4-btn-fmipv4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt