Subject: I-D Action:draft-mccann-mip4-mbb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Make-Before-Break Handoffs with Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)       : P. McCann
	Filename        : draft-mccann-mip4-mbb-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-04-04

A make-before-break handoff is one where resources on a target system
are allocated prior to releasing the resources on a source system.
Make-before-break can be an effective means to provide a more
seamless handoff with fewer dropped packets.  The existing Mobile
IPv4 specification supports simultaneous bindings, which can
facilitate a make-before-break handoff.  However, the binding state
at the home agent is only one example of a resource that can be
allocated; others include the link connection to the Foreign Agent
(or access router) and the provision of security associations between
the mobile node and the mobility agents.  It may be desirable to set
up these resources on the target system without necessarily creating
a binding entry on the Home Agent.  This document provides some
additional conventions on the use of simultaneous bindings in a make-
before-break handoff that can be used to optimize the allocation of
resources in these scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccann-mip4-mbb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt