Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Licklider Transmission Protocol - Motivation
	Author(s)       : S. Burleigh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-06.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-04-09

This document describes the Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP)
designed to provide retransmission-based reliability over links
characterized by extremely long message round-trip times (RTTs)
and/or frequent interruptions in connectivity.  Since communication
across interplanetary space is the most prominent example of this
sort of environment, LTP is principally aimed at supporting "long-
haul" reliable transmission in interplanetary space, but it has
applications in other environments as well.

In an Interplanetary Internet setting deploying the Bundle protocol,
LTP is intended to serve as a reliable convergence layer over single
hop deep-space RF links.  LTP does ARQ of data transmissions by
soliciting selective-acknowledgment reception reports.  It is
stateful and has no negotiation or handshakes.

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt