Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamical Provisioning Performance Metrics in Generalized MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: W. Sun, G. Zhang, J. Gao, G. Xie, R. Papneja, B. Gu, X. Wei
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2008-4-14
	
Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) is one of the most
promising candidate technologies for the future data transmission
network.  The GMPLS has been developed to control and cooperate
different kinds of network elements, such as conventional routers,
switches, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, Add-
Drop Multiplexors (ADMs), photonic cross-connects (PXCs), optical
cross-connects (OXCs), etc.  Dynamic provisioning ability of these
physically diverse devices differs from each other drastically.  At
the same time, the need for dynamically provisioned connections is
increasing because optical networks are being deployed in metro area.
As different applications have varied requirements in the
provisioning performance of optical networks, it is imperative to
define standardized metrics and procedures such that the performance
of networks and application needs can be mapped to each other.

This document provides a series of performance metrics to evaluate
the dynamic LSP provisioning performance in GMPLS networks,
specifically the dynamical LSP setup/release performance.  These
metrics can depict the features of the GMPLS network in LSP dynamic
provisioning.  They can also be used in operational networks for
carriers to monitor the control plane performance in realtime.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt