Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resource ReSerVation Protovol (RSVP) Extensions for Emergency Services
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-08.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2008-05-13

An Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS) requires the ability to
provide an elevated probability of session establishment to an
authorized user in times of network congestion (typically, during a
crisis).  When supported over the Internet Protocol suite, this may
be facilitated through a network layer admission control solution,
which supports prioritized access to resources (e.g., bandwidth).
These resources may be explicitly set aside for emergency services,
or they may be shared with other sessions.

This document specifies RSVP extensions that can be used to support
such an admission priority capability at the network layer.  Note
that these extensions represent one possible solution component in
satisfying ETS requirements.  Other solution components, or other
solutions, are outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt