Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-answermode-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requesting Answering Modes for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : D. Willis, A. Allen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-answermode-07.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-05-28

This document extends SIP with two header fields and associated
option tags that can be used in INVITE requests to convey the
requester's preference for user-interface handling related to
answering of that request.  The first header, "Answer-Mode",
expresses a preference as to whether the target node's user interface
waits for user input before accepting the request or instead accepts
the request without waiting on user input.  The second header, "Priv-
Answer-Mode" is similar to the first, except that it requests
administrative-level access and has consequent additional
authentication and authorization requirements.  These behaviors have
applicability to applications such as Push-to-Talk and to diagnostics
like loop-back.  Usage of each header field in a response to indicate
how the request was handled is also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-answermode-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt