Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		:  Generalized Labels for G.694 Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching Routers 
	Author(s)	: T. Otani, H. Guo, K. Miyazaki, D. Caviglia
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-5-27
	
Technology in the optical domain is constantly evolving and as a 
   consequence new equipment providing lambda switching capability has 
   been developed and is currently being deployed. However, RFC 3471 has 
   defined that a wavelength label (section 3.2.1.1) "only has 
   significance between two neighbors" and global wavelength continuity 
   is not considered. In order to achieve interoperability in a network 
   composed of next generation lambda switch-capable equipment, this 
   document defines a standard lambda label format, being compliant with 
   ITU-T G.694. Moreover some consideration on how to ensure lambda 
   continuity with RSVP-TE is provided. This document is a companion to 
   the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling. It 
   defines the label format when Lambda Switching is requested in an all 
   optical network. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt