Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for RTCP XR
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-05-19

This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).
One of the initial XR report block types is the Loss Run Length
Encoding (RLE) Report Block.  This report conveys the information
regarding the individual Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet
receipt and loss events experienced during the RTCP interval
preceding the transmission of the report.  The new report, which is
referred to as the Post-repair Loss RLE Report, carries the
information regarding the remaining lost packets after all error-
repair techniques are applied.  By comparing the RTP packet receipts/
losses before and after the error repair is completed, one can
determine the effectiveness of the error-repair techniques in an
aggregated fashion.  This document also defines the signaling of the
Post-repair Loss RLE Report in the Session Description Protocol
(SDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt