Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 03:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-04.txt
	Author(s)       : D. Caviglia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-05-19

From a Carrier perspective, the possibility of turning a Permanent
Connection (PC) into a Soft Permanent Connection (SPC) and vice
versa, without actually affecting Data Plane traffic being carried
over it, is a valuable option. In other terms, such operation can
be seen as a way of transferring the ownership and control of an
existing and in-use Data Plane connection between the Management
Plane and the Control Plane, leaving its Data Plane state untouched.

This memo sets out the requirements for such procedures within a
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) network.

Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt