Subject: I-D Action:draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 08:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Encoding and Transport of (Pre-)Congestion Information from within a DiffServ Domain to the Egress
	Author(s)       : T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename        : draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-05-15

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
the Quality of Service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
threshold below the physical link rate.  This document specifies how
such marks are to be encoded into the IP header.  The baseline
encoding described here provides for two PCN encoding states.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
progress to standards track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt