Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire Congestion Control Framework
	Author(s)       : S. Bryant, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-05-28

Pseudowires are sometimes used to carry non-TCP data flows.  In these
circumstances the service payload will not react to network
congestion by reducing its offered load.  Pseudowires should
therefore reduces their network bandwidth demands in the face of
significant packet loss, including if necessary completely ceasing
transmission.  Since it is difficult to determine a priori the number
of equivalent TCP flow that a pseudowire represents, a suitably
"fair" rate of back-off cannot be pre-determined.  This document
describes pseudowire congestion problem and provides guidance on the
development suitable solutions.Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt