Subject: I-D Action:draft-levine-smtp-batv-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)
	Author(s)       : J. Levine, et al.
	Filename        : draft-levine-smtp-batv-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-05-12

The envelope of Internet mail contains an RFC2821.MailFrom command,
which may supply an address to be used as the recipient of
transmission and delivery notices about the original message.
Existing Internet mail permits unauthorized use of addresses in the
MailFrom command, causing notices to be sent to unwitting and
unwilling recipients.  Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV) defines
an extensible mechanism for validating the MailFrom address.  It also
defines an initial use of that mechanism which requires no
administrative overhead and no global implementation.

This document is a revision of draft-levine-mass-batv-02.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-smtp-batv-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt