Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-tpa-adsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Third-Party Authorization for Author Domain Signing Practices
	Author(s)       : D. Otis
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-tpa-adsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-05-24

TPA-label is a DNS-based prefix mechanism for DKIM policy records as
a means to authorize Third-Party domains.  This mechanism allows
first-party domains to autonomously authorize a range of third-party
domains in a scalable, individual DNS transaction.  This
authorization extends the scope of DKIM policy assertions to supplant
more difficult to administer mechanisms.  Alternatives for
facilitating third-party authorizations currently necessitate the
coordination between two or more domains by setting up selector/key
DNS records, DNS zone delegations, or the regular exchange of public/
private keys.

Checking DKIM policies may occur when a From header email-address is
not within the domain of a valid DKIM signature.  When a Third-Party
signature is found, TPA-labels offer an efficient means for email
address domains to authorize specific third-party signing domains.
The scope of the authorization may separately assert identity
authentication for From and Sender and Resent-* headers for email-
addresses within the authorizing domain.  Identity authentication can
be asserted by the scope of the authorization, even when signed by a
Third-Party domain.  In addition, the RFC2821.MailFrom domain can
authorize domains for controlling DSNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-adsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt