Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-path-key-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Preserving Topology Confidentiality in Inter-Domain Path Computation Using a Key-Based Mechanism
	Author(s)	: R. Bradford, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-path-key-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2008-5-12
	
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
   Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may be
   computed by Path Computation Elements (PCEs). Where the TE LSP
   crosses multiple domains, such as Autonomous Systems (ASes), the
   path may be computed by multiple PCEs that cooperate, with each
   responsible for computing a segment of the path. However, in some
   cases (e.g., when ASes are administered by separate Service
   Providers), it would break confidentiality rules for a PCE to
   supply a path segment to a PCE in another domain, thus disclosing
   AS-internal topology information. This issue may be circumvented
   by returning a loose hop and by invoking a new path computation
   from the domain boundary Label Switching Router (LSR) during TE
   LSP setup as the signaling message enters the second domain, but
   this technique has several issues including the problem of
   maintaining path diversity.
This document defines a mechanism to hide the contents of a
   segment of a path, called the Confidential Path Segment (CPS). The
   CPS may be replaced by a path-key that can be conveyed in the PCE
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) and signaled within in a Resource
   Reservation Protocol TE (RSVP-TE) explicit route object.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-path-key-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt