Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN)
	Author(s)	: K. Shiomoto, D. Papadimitriou, J. Roux, M. Vigoureux, D. Brungard, E. Oki, I. Inoue, E. Dotaro
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-09.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2008-5-1
	
Most of the initial efforts to utilize Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
   have been related to environments hosting devices with a single
   switching capability. The complexity raised by the control of such
   data planes is similar to that seen in classical IP/MPLS networks.
   By extending MPLS to support multiple switching technologies, GMPLS
   provides a comprehensive framework for the control of a multi-
   layered network of either a single switching technology or multiple
   switching technologies.
    In GMPLS, a switching technology domain defines a region, and a
    network of multiple switching types is referred to in this document
    as a Multi-Region Network (MRN). When referring in general to a
    layered network, which may consist of either a single or multiple
    regions, this document uses the term, Multi-Layer Network (MLN).
    This document defines a framework for GMPLS based multi-region /
    multi-layer networks and lists a set of functional requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt