Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: HELD Identity Extensions
	Author(s)	: J. Winterbottom
	Filename	: draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2008-5-30
	
When a Location Information Server receives a request for location
   information (using the locationRequest message), described in the
   base HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) specification, it uses the
   source IP address of arriving message as a pointer to the location
   determination process.  This is appropriate in many environments.
   However, when an entity acting on behalf of the Target would like to
   request location information then the source IP address of the
   request will lead to wrong results.  In other cases the IP address is
   not the only identifier that serves as an input to the location
   determination procedure.

   This document extends the HELD protocol to allow the location request
   message to carry additional identifiers assisting the location
   determination process.  It defines a set of URNs for Target
   identifiers and an XML containment schema.  As such, this extension
   is used in conjunction with HELD to provide Target identification.
   Examples and usage in HELD message syntax are provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt