Subject: I-D Action:draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Quick-Start for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-05-30

This document specifies the use of the Quick-Start mechanism by the 
Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).  DCCP is a transport 
protocol that allows the transmission of congestion-controlled, 
unreliable datagrams.  DCCP is intended for applications such as 
streaming media, Internet telephony, and on-line games.  In DCCP, an 
application has a choice of congestion control mechanisms, each 
specified by a Congestion Control Identifier (CCID). This document 
specifies general procedures applicable to all DCCP CCIDs and 
specific procedures for the use of Quick-Start with DCCP CCID-2 and 
CCID-3.  Quick-Start enables a DCCP sender to cooperate with any 
Quick-Start routers along the end-to-end path to determine an 
allowed sending rate at the start and, at times, in the middle of a 
DCCP connection (e.g., after an idle or application-limited period).  
The present specification is provided for use in controlled 
environments, and not as a mechanism that would be intended or 
appropriate for ubiquitous deployment in the global Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-dccp-qs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt