Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Updates to Asserted Identity in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : J. Elwell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-05-16

SIP has a mechanism for conveying the asserted identity of the
originator of a request by means of the P-Asserted-Identity header
field.  This header field is specified for use in requests using a
number of SIP methods, in particular the INVITE method.  However, RFC
3325 does not specify the insertion of this header field by a trusted
UAC, does not specify the use of this header field with the SIP
UPDATE, REGISTER, MESSAGE or PUBLISH methods, and is unclear on the
use of this header field in responses.  This document extends RFC
3325 to cover these situations.
This work is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt