Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS Multicast Encapsulations
	Author(s)       : T. Eckert, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-09.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-05-01

RFC 3032 established two data link layer codepoints for MPLS, used to
distinguish whether the data link layer frame is carrying an MPLS
unicast or an MPLS multicast packet.  However, this usage was never
deployed.  This specification updates RFC 3032 by redefining the
meaning of these two codepoints.  Both codepoints can now be used to
carry multicast packets.  The second codepoint (formerly the
"multicast codepoint") is now to be used only on multiaccess media,
and it is to mean "the top label of the following label stack is an
upstream-assigned label".

RFC 3032 does not specify the destination address to be placed in the
"MAC DA" field of an ethernet frame which carries an MPLS multicast
packet.  This document provides that specification.

This document updates RFC 3032 and RFC 4023.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt