Subject: I-D Action:draft-nzrs-srs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : System for Managing a Shared Domain Registry
	Author(s)       : M. Hunt
	Filename        : draft-nzrs-srs-00.txt
	Pages           : 120
	Date            : 2008-05-18

This document describes the typical usage and communication protocol
of a client/server shared registry system for management of domain
name registrations.  The system described is a "thick registry"
system, providing support for the storage and management of both the
technical and the registrant contact information concerning domain
registrations.  The system relies on the existing HTTP and HTTPS
infrastructure for transport and secure transfer to avoid having to
implement a dedicated protocol and server environment.  A bespoke XML
format is used to communicate between clients and the SRS server.

Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the mailing list at
[email-masked] and/or the author.  The mailing list
management page can be found at
<https://mailman.nzrs.net.nz/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/
srsstandards-l>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nzrs-srs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt