Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Simple SIP Usage Scenario for Applications in the Endpoints
	Author(s)	: H. Sinnreich, A. Johnston, E. Shim, K. Singh
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-03.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-5-29
	
For Internet-centric usage, the number of SIP related standards for 
   presence, IM and audio/video communications can be reduced by using 
   only the rendezvous and session initiation capabilities of SIP. Such 
   'simple SIP' implies (1) using SIP without network based features and 
   (2) without emulating the telephone network. Rich applications, 
   including telephony features can however be implemented in the 
   endpoints. This approach for SIP reduces the number of SIP standards 
   to comply with, currently from roughly 100 to about 9. Additional 
   application examples and references for NAT traversal and for 
   security are also provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt