Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-overload-reqs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Management of Overload in the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-overload-reqs-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-05-23

Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
proxies and user agents have insuffient resources to complete the
processing of a request.  SIP provides limited support for overload
handling through its 503 response code, which tells an upstream
element that it is overloaded.  However, numerous problems have been
identified with this mechanism.  This draft summarizes the problems
with the existing 503 mechanism, and provides some requirements for a
solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-overload-reqs-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt