Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-06-17

The emergency services architecture developed in the IETF Emergency
Context Resolution with Internet Technology (ECRIT) working group
describes an architecture where location information is provided by
access networks to end points in order to determine the correct dial
string and information to route the call to a Public Safety Answering
Point (PSAP).  For determining the PSAP Uniform Resource Identifier
(URI) the usage of the Location-to-Service Translation (LoST)
Protocol is envisioned.

This document explores the architectural impact for the IETF
emergency services architecture for situations where the Internet
Access Provider (IAP) and/or the Internet Service Provider (ISP) are
only willing to disclose limited or no location information.

This document provides a problem statement and lists requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt