Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using Server-based Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) to Convey Long-term Evidence Records
	Author(s)       : C. Wallace
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-06-20

The Server-based Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) defines an
extensible means of delegating the development and validation of
certification paths to a server.  It can be used to support the
development and validation of certification paths well after the
expiration of the certificates in the path by specifying a time of
interest in the past.  The Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) defines
structures, called evidence records, to support non-repudiation of
existence of data.  Evidence records can be used to preserve
materials that comprise a certification path such that trust in the
certificates can be established after the expiration of the
certificates in the path and after the cryptographic algorithms used
to sign the certificates in the path are no longer secure.  This
document describes usage of the SCVP WantBack feature to convey
evidence records, enabling SCVP responders to provide preservation
evidence for certificates and certificate revocation lists (CRLs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt