Subject: I-D Action:draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Baseline Encoding and Transport of Pre-Congestion Information
	Author(s)       : T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename        : draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-06-23

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) provides information to support
admission control and flow termination in order to protect the
Quality of Service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
rate threshold below the physical link rate.  This document specifies
how such marks are to be encoded into the IP header.  The baseline
encoding described here provides for only two PCN encoding states.
Another document describes an extended encoding scheme that allows
for three encoding states.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
progress to standards track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt