Subject: I-D Action:draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A three state extended PCN encoding scheme
	Author(s)       : T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename        : draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-06-23

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
the Quality of Service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
threshold below the physical link rate.  This baseline encoding
specified how two encoding states could be encoded into the IP
header.  This document specified an extension to the baseline
encoding that enables three encoding states to be carried in the IP
header as well as enabling limited support for end-to-end ECN.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt