Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-mac-operation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Optimized MAC Address Operations in VPLS with Redundancy 
	Author(s)	: Y. Jiang, Y. Yang
	Filename	: draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-mac-operation-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2008-6-24
	
The Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) Using Label Distribution    
   Protocol (LDP) Signaling is described in RFC 4762. That document   
   describes a mechanism called MAC Address Withdrawal to remove or    
   unlearn MAC addresses which have been dynamically learned in a VPLS   
 instance. Further work in progress defines an extension to MAC 
   Address Withdrawal procedure which can greatly restrict the scope of 
   MAC flushing. This document provides two mechanisms which completely 
   remove the need for MAC address flushing in VPLS instances. The 
   mechanisms are MAC address switching and MAC address notification.    

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-mac-operation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt