Subject: I-D Action:draft-nordmark-6lowpan-reg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery Registration Extension
	Author(s)       : E. Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-nordmark-6lowpan-reg-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-06-16

In order to reduce Neighbor Discovery multicast messages it is useful
if the routers on a link can maintain an authoritative list of the
IPv6 and layer 2 addresses for all the hosts on the link.

This draft specifies an extension to the Router Advertisement
messages which trigger to hosts to send periodic registration
messages which can be either unicast, multicast, or anycast.  The
protocol uses a soft-state approach to gather registration
information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-6lowpan-reg-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt