Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-6rd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 infrastructures (6rd)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-6rd-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-06-27

IPv6 rapid deployment (6rd) builds upon mechanisms of 6to4 (RFC3056)
to enable a service provider to rapidly deploy IPv6 unicast service
to its existing IPv4 sites.  Like 6to4, it utilizes stateless IPv6 in
IPv4 encapsulation in order to transit IPv4-only network
infrastructure.  Unlike 6to4, 6rd allows a service provider to use
one of its own IP prefixes rather than the fixed 6to4 prefix.  A
service provider has used this mechanism for its own "rapid
deployment" of IPv6 (five weeks from first exposure to "opt-in"
deployment for 1,500,000 residential sites).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-6rd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt