Subject: I-D Action:draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Extended Community Attribute for QoS Marking
	Author(s)       : T. Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-06-08

This document specifies a simple signalling mechanism for inter-
domain QoS marking using a BGP Extended Community QoS Attribute.
Class based packet forwarding for delay and loss critical services is
currently performed in an individual AS internal manner.  The new QoS
marking attribute makes the QoS class setup within the IP prefix
advertising AS known to all access and transit ASes.  This enables
individual (re-)marking and forwarding treatment adaptation to the
original QoS class setup of the respective IP prefix.  The attribute
provides the means to signal QoS markings on different layers, which
are linked together in QoS class sets.  It provides inter-domain and
cross-layer insight into the QoS class mapping of the source AS with
minimal signalling traffic.Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt