Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yousuf-thomas-hunter-rtgwg-bb-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Chrysolite - a backbone bridging solution
	Author(s)	: M. Yousuf, M. Thomas, D. Hunter
	Filename	: draft-yousuf-thomas-hunter-rtgwg-bb-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-6-16
	
Chrysolite is a combination of differing technologies to create a 
   wide area switched Ethernet solution. Each Chrysolite switch has a 
   unique MAC address (N-MAC). A link state protocol provides pairwise 
   shortest paths between the N-MACs (one N-MAC per switch).  

   Customers connect to the Chrysolite cloud using Ethernet connections. 
   By setting the locally administered bit in the Ethernet address used 
   to connect to the Chrysolite cloud, customers can directly 
   encapsulate traffic into assigned source and destination C-MAC (MAC) 
   addresses. 

   Each of these C-MAC addresses specifies a unique customer 'VLAN 
   circuit'. This proves end to end paths across the Chrysolite cloud 
   without requiring any special headers, MAC in MAC or Q-in-Q 
   encapsulation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yousuf-thomas-hunter-rtgwg-bb-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt