Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Licklider Transmission Protocol - Security Extensions
	Author(s)       : S. Farrell, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-06-25

The Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP), is intended to serve as a
reliable convergence layer over single hop deep-space RF links. LTP
does Automatic Repeat reQuest (ARQ) of data transmissions by
soliciting selective-acknowledgment reception reports.  It is
stateful and has no negotiation or handshakes.

LTP is designed to provide retransmission-based reliability over
links characterized by extremely long message round-trip times (RTTs)
and/or frequent interruptions in connectivity.  Since communication
across interplanetary space is the most prominent example of this
sort of environment, LTP is principally aimed at supporting "long-
haul" reliable transmission in interplanetary space, but has
applications in other environments as well.

This document describes security extensions to LTP, and is part of a
series of related documents describing LTP. Other documents in this
series cover the motivation for LTP and the main protocol
specification. We recommend reading all the documents in the series
before writing code based on this document.

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group. No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt