Subject: I-D Action:draft-dharkins-siv-aes-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SIV Authenticated Encryption using AES
	Author(s)       : D. Harkins
	Filename        : draft-dharkins-siv-aes-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2008-06-11

This memo describes SIV, a block cipher mode of operation.  SIV takes
a key, a plaintext, and multiple variable-length octet strings which
will be authenticated but not encrypted.  It produces a ciphertext
having the same length as the plaintext and a synthetic
initialization vector.  Depending on how it is used, SIV achieves
either the goal of deterministic authenticated-encryption or the goal
of nonce-based, misuse-resistant authenticated-encryption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dharkins-siv-aes-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt