Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-adsp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Author Domain Signing Practices (ADSP)
	Author(s)       : T. Contents, et al.
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-adsp-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-06-25

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) as described in [RFC4871], defines
a domain-level authentication framework for email to permit
verification of the source and contents of messages.  This document
specifies an adjunct mechanism to aid in assessing messages that lack
valid DKIM signatures for domains used in the author's address.  It
defines a record that can advertise the extent to which a domain
signs outgoing mail that is publicly exchanged on SMTP port 25, as
described in [RFC2821].  Also, how other hosts can access those
records.

Advertisements, defined by this document, may also increase DKIM
signature expectations for messages received by Mail User Agents
(MUAs) or for messages which might have been exchanged over protocols
other than SMTP.  In some circumstances, author domains may wish to
have accommodations for protocol failures or for mixed public
protocol messaging not to be made.

In addition, DKIM's identity parameters related to the author address
are decisive only when a corresponding DKIM key local-part template
precludes an author address.  DKIM in conjunction with ADSP is to
provide methods for detecting the spoofing of known domains, but not
for making strong assertions about the identity of the message
author.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-adsp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt