Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kunze-pairtree-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Pairtrees for Object Storage (V0.1)
	Author(s)	: J. Kunze, M. Haye, E. Hetzner, M. Reyes
	Filename	: draft-kunze-pairtree-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2008-6-17
	
This document specifies Pairtree, a filesystem hierarchy for holding
   objects that are located by mapping identifier strings to object
   directory (or folder) paths two characters at a time.  If an object
   directory (folder) holds all the files, and nothing but the files,
   that comprise the object, a "pairtree" can be imported by a system
   that knows nothing about the nature or structure of the objects but
   can still deliver any object's files by requested identifier.  The
   mapping is reversible, so the importing system can also walk the
   pairtree and reliably enumerate all the contained object identifiers.
   To the extent that object dependencies are stored inside the pairtree
   (e.g., fast indexes stored outside contain only derivative data),
   simple or complex collections built on top of pairtrees can recover
   from index failures and reconstruct a collection view simply by
   walking the trees.  Pairtrees have the advantage that many object
   operations, including backup and restore, can be performed with
   native operating system tools.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-pairtree-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt