Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCECP) Requirements and Protocol Extensions In Support of Global Concurrent Optimization
	Author(s)       : Y. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2008-06-24

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a network component,
application, or node that is capable of performing path computations
at the request of Path Computation Clients (PCCs).  The PCE is
applied in Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering
(MPLS-TE) networks and in Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks to
determine the routes of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) through the
network.  The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
is specified for communications between PCCs and PCEs, and between
cooperating PCEs.

When computing or re-optimizing the routes of a set of LSPs through a
network it may be advantageous to perform bulk path computations in
order to avoid blocking problems and to achieve more optimal network-
wide solutions.  Such bulk optimization is termed Global Concurrent
Optimization (GCO).  A GCO is able to simultaneously consider the
entire topology of the network and the complete set of existing LSPs,
and their respective constraints, and look to optimize or re-optimize
the entire network to satisfy all constraints for all LSPs.  A GCO
may also be applied to some subset of the LSPs in a network.  The GCO
application is primarily a Network Management System (NMS) solution.

This document provides application-specific requirements and the PCEP
extensions in support of GCO applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt