Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-csi-symmetric-key-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributing a Symmetric Neighbor Discovery Key Using SEND
	Author(s)       : F. Xia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xia-csi-symmetric-key-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-06-20

In this document, a method for provisioning a shared key from the
router to the host is defined to protect Neighbor Discovery(ND)
signaling between the router and the host.  The host sends a Router
Solicitation(RS) message with ND Shared Key Request Option to the
router.  The router encrypts a ND shared key using the host's SEcure
Neighbor Discovery(SEND) public key and sends it back to the host
through a Router Advertisement(RA) message.  The host decrypts the ND
shared key using the matching private key.  The Neighbor Discovery
shared key is then used for protecting the following Neighbor
Discovery signaling between the router and the host.  The Router
Solicitation and Router Advertisement message exchanges are required
to have SEND security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-csi-symmetric-key-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt