Subject: I-D Action:draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
	Author(s)       : P. Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 156
	Date            : 2008-06-02

This document defines the core features of the Extensible Messaging
and Presence Protocol (XMPP), a technology for streaming Extensible
Markup Language (XML) elements in order to exchange structured
information in close to real time between any two or more network-
aware entities.  XMPP provides a generalized, extensible framework
for incrementally exchanging XML data, upon which a variety of
applications can be built.  The framework includes methods for stream
setup and teardown, channel encryption, authentication of a client to
a server and of one server to another server, and primitives for
push-style messages, publication of network availability information
("presence"), and request-response interactions between any two XMPP
entities.  This document also specifies the format for XMPP
addresses, which are fully internationalizable.

This document obsoletes RFC 3920.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt