Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDP IGP Synchronization
	Author(s)	: M. Jork, A. Atlas, L. Fang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2008-6-30
	
In certain networks there is a dependency on edge-to-edge LSPs setup 
   by LDP, e.g. networks that are used for MPLS VPN applications. For 
   such applications it is not possible to rely on IP forwarding if the 
   MPLS LSP is not operating appropriately. Blackholing of labeled 
   traffic can occur in situations where the IGP is operational on a 
   link but LDP is not operational on that link. While the link could 
   still be used for IP forwarding, it is not useful for MPLS 
   forwarding, for example, MPLS VPN; BGP route free core; or IP 
   address carried in the packet is out of the RFC1918 space. This 
   document describes a mechanism to avoid traffic loss due to this 
   condition without introducing any protocol changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt