Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "EXP field" renamed to "CoS Field"
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-06-04

The early MPLS documents defined the MPLS format, this definition
includes three bit field called "EXP field".  The documentats leaves
the exact description of how the EXP field should be used undefined,
it is said said to be for "experimental use".

The EXP field has from the start been intended to be used for "Class
of Service".  At the time the documents were published the use of
such a CoS field were considered not to be defined well enough and
the field were left for "Experimental use".

To avoid misunderstanding about how this field may be used this
document re-introduces the name "CoS field" for this field.  In doing
so it also updates documents that defines and uses this field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt