Subject: I-D Action:draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A New BGP Well-Known Community, LAST_RESORT
	Author(s)       : B. Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-06-12

This Internet Draft describes a new well-known BGP community,
LAST_RESORT.

This community provides a simple and easily deployable solution to
BGP "wedgies".

Initial deployment is expected to be achieved by voluntary use in the
network operator community-at-large.

Long-term adoption via software enforcement of the well-known aspect
of the community, will improve global behavior, and simplify router
configurations.Author's Note

This Internet Draft is intended to result in this draft or a related
draft(s) being placed on the Standards Track for idr.

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt