Subject: I-D Action:draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Provisioning Protocol for ENUM-SIP Addressing Servers
	Author(s)       : K. Cartwright, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 121
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document defines a provisioning protocol for ENUM-SIP addressing
servers.
An ENUM-SIP addressing server is a host that acts as Lookup Function
in session peering to determine the target domain of a given SIP
request and it may also act as a Location Routing Function to develop
the location of the SIP signaling entity in that target domain.
This protocol allows SIP service providers to provision and manage
session establishment data used by SIP network elements to route SIP
sessions to the target destinations which may be served by the SIP
service provider's own internal network or by a session peering
partner.  The data provisioned into an ENUM-SIP addressing server is
queried by SIP entities using ENUM or SIP.

This version of the protocol integrates comments received on the IETF
peppermint and drinks mailing lists before July 2008.  This document
is an Internet-Draft and the protocol it describes is subject to
technical changes that may make this version incompatible with future
versions defined in Internet-Drafts.  It is expected that the authors
will continue to update this protocol based on the drinks working
group requirements on the session establishment data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt