Subject: I-D Action:draft-muenz-ipfix-compression-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lossless Compression for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
	Author(s)       : G. Muenz, L. Braun
	Filename        : draft-muenz-ipfix-compression-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-07-03

In this document, we discuss the benefits and possible realizations
of IPFIX traffic compression.  Experiments with real measurement data
show that a significant compression gain can be achieved by applying
the DEFLATE compression method to IPFIX data sets.  Compression of
IPFIX traffic can be based on underlying transport protocols, such as
IPComp and TLS/DTLS, or realized as an extension of the IPFIX
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muenz-ipfix-compression-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt