Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-mext-miron-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mobile IPv6 Route Optimisation for Network Mobility (MIRON)
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-mext-miron-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-07-07

The Network Mobility Basic Support protocol enables networks to roam
and attach to different access networks without disrupting the
ongoing sessions that nodes of the network may have.  By extending
the Mobile IPv6 support to Mobile Routers, nodes of the network are
not required to support any kind of mobility, since packets must go
through the Mobile Router-Home Agent (MRHA) bi-directional tunnel.
Communications from/to a mobile network have to traverse the Home
Agent, and therefore better paths may be available.  Additionally,
this solution adds packet overhead, due to the encapsulation.

This document describes an approach to the Route Optimisation for
NEMO, called Mobile IPv6 Route Optimisation for NEMO (MIRON).  MIRON
enables mobility-agnostic nodes within the mobile network to directly
communicate (i.e. without traversing the MRHA bi-directional tunnel)
with Correspondent Nodes.  The solution is based on the Mobile Router
performing the Mobile IPv6 Route Optimisation signalling on behalf of
the nodes of the mobile network.

This document (in an appendix) also analyses how MIRON fits each of
the currently identified NEMO Route Optimisation requirements for
Operational Use in Aeronautics and Space Exploration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-mext-miron-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt