Subject: I-D Action:draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP for ISDN Interworking
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, J. McMillen
	Filename        : draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-07-10

Several approaches to transporting the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Element (UU IE) data in SIP have been implemented.  As
networks move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this
data can continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability
to interwork the information to/from ISDN for end-to-end
transparency.  This document discusses the approaches and recommends
a new header field User-to-User be standardized.  Example use cases
include an exchange between two User Agents, insertion of UUI by a
proxy, modification of UUI by a proxy.  An example application is in
an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) in a contact center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt