Subject: I-D Action:draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Providing guidance for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services
	Author(s)       : A. Ligot, T. Froment
	Filename        : draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-02.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2008-07-11

Implementing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) advanced features and
services requires to use numerous specifications.  Today, for each
service in the scope of BLISS, one can already find references to
many possible specifications which do not cover the same things.
Some of them are primitive operations, requirements or call flow
examples, some have a scope larger than the others, or can not be
compared at the same level.  Very often, architecture hypothesis are
hidden behind the same service name, either assuming that an
intermediary; like an application server, has an active role in the
service, or, as opposed, assuming a pure end-to-end model where only
endpoint implementations are involved.  The goal of this document is
not to present the best solutions or give recommendations; but to
give an overview of every standard specification related to these
services, centralizing and categorizing them as input to the working
group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt