Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-v6ops-apbp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Scalable IPv4-IPv6 Transition Architecture Need for an address-port-borrowing-protocol (APBP)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-v6ops-apbp-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document discusses, for the IPv4-IPv6 coexistence period, the
combined requirement that: (1) legacy IPv4 hosts can establish IPv4
transport connection s from customer sites having IPv6-only permanent
addresses; (2) for good scalability, no network address translations
(NATs), and a fortiori no application level gateways (ALGs), need to
be supported within network infrastructures.  To satisfy this
requirement, it is concluded that an address-port-borrowing-protocol
(APBP) is needed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-v6ops-apbp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt