Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-li-isis-degradation-isolation-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement: Link Degradation Isolation in Interoperable Networks using Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)
	Author(s)	: Z. Li, L. Li, X. Duan
	Filename	: draft-li-isis-degradation-isolation-problem-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2008-7-7
	
IS-IS protocol specifies a procedure that if a Link State Protocol
   Data Unit (LSP) with an incorrect LSP Checksum is received, the
   corruptedLSPReceived circuit event will be generated and the
   corrupted LSP will be discarded. This document aims to emphasize that
   although this procedure can maintain the network stability, it can
   not diagnose and isolate the source of the network problem. In some
   cases this procedure will create bad effect on the services carried
   by the network. This document suggests that IS-IS protocol introduce
   the mechanism for link degradation detection and isolation, which
   should be triggered when corrupted LSP is received.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-isis-degradation-isolation-problem-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt