Subject: I-D Action:draft-elwell-sip-e2e-identity-important-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : End-to-End Identity Important in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : J. Elwell
	Filename        : draft-elwell-sip-e2e-identity-important-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-07

This document surveys existing mechanisms in the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) for identifying and authenticating the source of a SIP
request (or caller identification).  It describes how identification
and authentication are not always end-to-end and the problems that
this can lead to, particularly since media security based on
techniques such as DTLS-SRTP is dependent on end-to-end authenticated
identification of parties.

This work is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sip-e2e-identity-important-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt