Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-turn-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-turn-09.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2008-07-12

If a host is located behind a NAT, then in certain situations it can
be impossible for that host to communicate directly with other hosts
(peers) located behind other NATs.  In these situations, it is
necessary for the host to use the services of an intermediate node
that acts as a communication relay.  This specification defines a
protocol, called TURN (Traversal Using Relays around NAT), that
allows the host to control the operation of the relay and to exchange
packets with its peers using the relay.
The TURN protocol can be used in isolation, but is more properly used
as part of the ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) approach
to NAT traversal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt