Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-francis-idr-intra-va-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Intra-Domain Virtual Aggregation
	Author(s)	: P. Francis, X. Xu
	Filename	: draft-francis-idr-intra-va-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2008-7-5
	
Virtual Aggregation (VA) is a technique for shrinking the DFZ FIB
   size in routers (both IPv4 and IPv6).  This allows ISPs to extend the
   lifetime of existing routers, and allows router vendors to build FIBs
   with much less concern about the growth of the DFZ routing table.  VA
   does not shrink the size of the RIB.  VA may be deployed autonomously
   by an ISP (cooperation between ISPs is not required).  While VA can
   be deployed without changes to existing routers, doing so requires
   significant new management tasks.  This document describes changes to
   routers and BGP that greatly simplify the operation of VA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-francis-idr-intra-va-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt