Subject: I-D Action:draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PBS NSLP: Network Traffic Authorization
	Author(s)       : S. Hong, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document describes the NSIS Signaling Layer protocol (NSLP) for
network traffic authorization in the Internet, the Permission-Based
Sending (PBS) NSLP.  This NSLP aims to prevent Denial-of-Service
(DoS) attacks and other forms of unauthorized traffic.  In the PBS
NSLP, a receiver grants a sender a permission that gives the sender
the authority to send data.  Signaling installs and maintains the
permission state of routers for a data flow.  The PBS NSLP has a
detection algorithm, the PBS Detection Algorithm (PDA), that monitors
attacks.  To authenticate packets, the PBS NSLP requests a sender to
use an existing security protocol, the IPsec Authentication Header
(AH).  This allows routers to drop bogus packets by using an IP
packet filter.  To avoid a compromised router that drops legitimate
packets, the PBS NSLP triggers the sender to change the data flow
path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt