Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Addressing an Amplification Vulnerability in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Forking Proxies
	Author(s)       : R. Sparks, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix-07.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-07-03

This document normatively updates RFC 3261, the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), to address a security vulnerability identified in SIP
proxy behavior.  This vulnerability enables an attack against SIP
networks where a small number of legitimate, even authorized, SIP
requests can stimulate massive amounts of proxy-to-proxy traffic.
This document strengthens loop-detection requirements on SIP proxies
when they fork requests (that is, forward a request to more than one
destination).  It also corrects and clarifies the description of the
loop-detection algorithm such proxies are required to implement.
Additionally, this document defines a Max-Breadth mechanism for
limiting the number of concurrent branches pursued for any given
request.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt