Subject: I-D Action:draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-sera-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Scope-Extended Router Advertisement for Connected MANETs
	Author(s)       : J. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-sera-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-07-04

In the connected MANET, the MANET Border Router (MBR) is used to
connect the MANET with the external network and MANET nodes are 
required to know the MBR address to communicate with hosts in the 
external network. One way of acquiring the MBR address is to use the 
Router Advertisement (RA) and the Router Solicitation (RS) messages.
In order to allow RA/RS messages to be delivered in the multi-hop
MANET, the modified RA/RS message has been defined [5]. However, 
this approach may incur the duplicate packet reception problem due 
to rebroadcasting of received RA/RS messages to its neighbors.
In this draft, we define the scope-extended Router Advertisement/
Solicitation message for announcing/solicitating the MBR address in
the connected MANET. In the scope-extended RA/RS message, a new 
message field, the sequence number field, is defined so that 
duplicate RA/RS messages can be detected based on the sequence 
number and the IP address included in the message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-sera-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt