Subject: I-D Action:draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Extended Community Attribute for QoS Marking
	Author(s)       : T. Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document specifies a simple signalling mechanism for inter-
domain QoS marking using several instances of a new BGP Extended
Community Attribute.  Class based packet marking and forwarding is
currently performed independently within ASes.  The new QoS marking
attribute makes the targeted Per Hop Behaviour within the IP prefix
advertising AS and the currently applied marking at the peering point
known to all access and transit ASes.  This enables individual
(re-)marking and possibly forwarding treatment adaptation to the
original QoS class setup of the respective originating AS.  The
attribute provides the means to signal QoS markings on different
layers, which are linked together in QoS Class Sets.  It provides
inter-domain and cross-layer insight into the QoS class mapping of
the source AS with minimal signalling traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt