Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 06:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extending ICMP to Identify the Receiving Interface
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas, R. Bonica, N. Systems, N. Shen, E. Chen
	Filename	: draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-05.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-7-28
	
This memo defines ICMP extensions, using ICMP multi-part messages,
   through which a router or host can explicitly identify the interface  upon which an undeliverable datagram anrrived.  The incoming
   interface can be identified by ifIndex, name, and/or address, as
   already used in MIBs and by OSPF.  The extensions defined herein are
   particularly useful when troubleshooting networks with unnumbered
   interfaces, parallel interfaces and/or asymmetric routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt