Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Guidelines for Management of DNSBLs for Email
	Author(s)       : C. Lewis, M. Sergeant
	Filename        : draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2008-07-28

The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
led to the creation of shared DNS-based lists ("DNSBLs") of IP
addresses or domain names intended to help guide email filtering.
This memo discusses guidelines for the management of public DNSBLs by
their operators as well as for the proper use of such lists by mail
server administrators (DNSBL users), and it provides useful
background for both parties.  It is not intended to advise on the
utility or efficacy of particular DNSBLs or the DNSBL concept in
general, nor to assist end users with questions about spam.

The document will seek BCP status.  Comments and discussion of this
document should be addressed to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt