Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VPLS Extensions for Provider Backbone Bridging
	Author(s)	: M. Bocci, J. Hoffmans, G. Calvignac, R. Zhang, F. Balus
	Filename	: draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-03.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2008-7-15
	
IEEE 802.1ah draft standard [IEEE802.1ah], also known as Provider 
   Backbone Bridges (PBB) defines an architecture and bridge protocols 
   for interconnection of multiple Provider Bridge Networks (PBNs). PBB 
   was defined in IEEE as a connectionless technology based on 
   multipoint VLAN tunnels. MSTP is used as the core control plane for 
   loop avoidance and load balancing. As a result, the coverage of the 
   solution is limited by STP scale in the core of large service 
   provider networks.   

   Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) [RFC4762] provides a solution for 
   extending Ethernet LAN services, using MPLS tunneling capabilities, 
   through a routed MPLS backbone without running (M)STP across the 
   backbone. As a result, VPLS has been deployed on a large scale in 
   service provider networks.  

   This draft discusses extensions to the VPLS model required to 
   incorporate desirable PBB components while maintaining the Service 
   Provider fit of the initial model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-l2vpn-vpls-802.1ah-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt