Subject: I-D Action:draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : AS4-specific RD/RT/SOO Capability exchange
	Author(s)       : S. Chakrabarti
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2008-07-07

RFC 4893 defines BGP support for four-octet AS number space for
handling AS_PATH attributes and "My ASN" value in BGP OPEN messages.
Foue-Octet AS specific Extended Community attribute formats are
defined in draft-rekhter-as4octet-ext-community-03.txt.  However, an
implementation compliant to RFC 4893 does not necessarily provide
support for 4-Octet Route-distinguisher, Route-target or Site-of-
origin in the BGP-MPLS-VPN.  Thus BGP capability exchange for
extended AS number attribute does not cover the BGP-MPLS-VPN AS4-
specific route-attributes and route-distinguishers.  This document
proposes an optional BGP capability exchange between the Provider
Edge (PE) routers in order to communicate the intention of handling
4-Octet or 2-Octet exteneded AS-specific Route-targets or Site-of-
Origins or being able to handle and inteprete the 4-Octet route-
distinguishers correctly.  This capability parameter will be part of
OPEN message during the BGP session initiation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt