Subject: I-D Action:draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Rogue IPv6 Router Advertisement Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : T. Chown, S. Venaas
	Filename        : draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-07-14

When deploying IPv6 networks, whether IPv6-only or dual-stack,
routers are configured to use IPv6 Router Advertisements to convey
information to on link nodes that enable them to autoconfigure on the
network.  This information includes the implied default router
address taken from the observed source address of the Router
Advertisement (RA) message.  However, in some networks 'bogus' RAs
are observed, which may be present due to misconfigurations or
possibly malicious attacks on the network.  In this draft we
summarise the scenarios in which rogue RAs may be observed, and we
present a list of possible solutions to the problem.  The goal of
this draft is to present a framework around which solutions can be
proposed and discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt