Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: VPLS Interoperability with CE Bridges
	Author(s)	: D. Mohan, A. Sajassi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2008-7-15
	
One of the main motivations behind VPLS is its ability to provide 
   connectivity not only among customer routers and servers/hosts but 
   also among customer bridges. VPLS is expected to deliver the same 
   level of service that current enterprise users are accustomed to 
   from their own enterprise bridged networks today or the same level 
   of service that they receive from their Ethernet Service Providers 
   using IEEE bridged networks. 
    
   When CE devices are IEEE bridges, then there are certain issues and 
   challenges that need to be accounted for in a VPLS network. The 
   majority of these issues have currently been addressed in the IEEE 
   802.1ad standard for provider bridges and they need to be addressed 
   for VPLS networks. This draft discusses these issues and wherever 
   possible suggests areas to be explored in rectifying these issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt