Subject: I-D Action:draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Document Format for Expressing Authorization Policies to tackle Spam and Unwanted Communication for Internet Telephony
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-07-12

SPAM, defined as sending unsolicited messages to someone in bulk,
might be a problem on SIP open-wide deployed networks.  The
responsibility for filtering or blocking calls can belong to
different elements in the call flow and may depend on various
factors.  This document defines an authorization based policy
language that allows end users to upload anti-SPIT policies to
intermediaries, such as SIP proxies.  These policies mitigate
unwanted SIP communications.  It extends the Common Policy
authorization framework with additional conditions and actions.  The
new conditions match a particular Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
communication pattern based on a number of attributes.  The range of
attributes includes information provided, for example, by SIP itself,
by the SIP identity mechanism, by information carried within SAML
assertions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-sipping-spit-policy-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt