Subject: I-D Action:draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Adding Acknowledgement Congestion Control to TCP
	Author(s)       : S. Floyd, I. Property
	Filename        : draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-04.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document adds an optional congestion control mechanism for
acknowledgement traffic (ACKs) to TCP.  The document specifies an
end-to-end acknowledgement congestion control mechanism for TCP that
uses participation from both TCP hosts, the TCP data sender and the
TCP data receiver.  The TCP data sender detects lost and ECN-marked
ACK packets, and tells the TCP data receiver the ACK Ratio R to use
to respond to the congestion on the reverse path from the data
receiver to the data sender.  The TCP data receiver sends roughly one
ACK packet for every R data packets received.  This mechanism is
based on the acknowledgement congestion control in DCCP's CCID 2.
This acknowledgement congestion control mechanism is being proposed
as an experimental mechanism for TCP for evaluation by the network
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt