Subject: I-D Action:draft-marques-idr-best-external-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advertisement of the best-external route to IBGP
	Author(s)       : P. Roque Marques, et al.
	Filename        : draft-marques-idr-best-external-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-07-27

This document makes a case and provides the rules for a border router
to advertise its best external route towards its IBGP peers when its
overall best is a route received from an IBGP peer.

The best external route may be different from the overall best route
installed in the Loc-Rib.  Advertising the best-external route (when
different from the overall best route) into an IBGP helps in speeding
up routing convergence, has positive effects in reducing inter-domain
churn and in some limited scenarios could help avoid permanent IBGP
route oscillation.

The document also extends this mechanism to route reflectors and
confederation border routers to advertise a best route that is
external to the cluster/domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marques-idr-best-external-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt