Subject: I-D Action:draft-takacs-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions to Control Ethernet OAM
	Author(s)       : A. Takacs, et al.
	Filename        : draft-takacs-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-07-11

The GMPLS controlled Ethernet Label Switching (GELS) work is
extending GMPLS RSVP-TE to support the establishment of Ethernet
LSPs.  IEEE Ethernet Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) specifies an
adjunct OAM flow to check connectivity in Ethernet networks.  CFM can
be also used with Ethernet LSPs for fault detection and triggering
recovery mechanisms.  The ITU-T Y.1731 specification builds on CFM
and specifies additional OAM mechanisms, including Performance
Monitoring, for Ethernet networks.  This memo specifies extensions of
GMPLS RSVP-TE to support the setup of the associated Ethernet OAM
(CFM and Y.1731) entities for point-to-point Ethernet LSPs.Changes from
previous version

Two alternative ways to extend RSVP-TE with OAM configuration are
summarised in a new appendix ("Discussion on alternatives").

The description of RSVP-TE extensions is restructured; a new section
is added ("Technology Independent Extensions") to identify common
technology independent extensions.  Note, this part may be moved to a
separate framework document leaving only the Ethernet specific
extensions in this document.

Some nits and typos cleared.Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-takacs-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt