Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTLS-SRTP Key Transport
	Author(s)       : D. Wing
	Filename        : draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-07-14

The existing DTLS-SRTP specification allows SRTP keys to be
established between a pair of SRTP endpoints.  However, when there
are more than two participants in an RTP session, DTLS-SRTP is unable
to provide a single key for all of the participants.  This existing
limitation of DTLS-SRTP prevents deploying DTLS-SRTP in certain
scenarios.

This document describes an extension to DTLS-SRTP, called Key
Transport (KTR).  This extension transports SRTP keying material from
one DTLS-SRTP peer to another, so the same SRTP keying material can
be used by multiple DTLS-SRTP peers.  This extension eliminates the
need to key each SRTP session individually, allowing cost-effective
deployment of several DTLS-SRTP scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt