Subject: I-D Action:draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proactive Bindings for FMIPv6
	Author(s)       : F. Yousaf, C. Wietfeld
	Filename        : draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2008-07-14

Usually in FMIPv6, the MN will start the binding process with its 
home agent and the correspondent nodes after it has attached to NAR. 
Till the binding is completed, the mobile node continues to receive 
packets via a reverse tunnel established between PAR and NAR. The 
duration of this tunnel will depend on the time it takes for the 
mobile node to complete its binding, till which time the tunnel will 

 continue to consume buffer and processing resources related to 
maintaining the tunnel and forwarding packets through this tunnel in 
both PAR and NAR.  

This document specifies an extension to FMIPv6 to enhance its 
performance, in terms of resource management, by reducing the 
duration of the tunnel existence. This is achieved by enabling the 
NAR to act as a proxy for the MN for FMIPv6 handover. Additional 
message(s) and message options along with modifications to existing 
FMIPv6 messages and message options and definitions of new messages 
and message options to achieve the desired functionality is also 
described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt