Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-profiles-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MVPN Profiles Using PIM Control Plane
	Author(s)       : A. Boers, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-profiles-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-07-03

The MVPN (Multicast Virtual Private Network) architecture is divided
into a number of functional "layers".  At each layer, multiple
options are allowed.  It is necessary to allow multiple options at
each layer because "one size doesn't fit all."  However, it is not
expected that any particular implementation will support all the
possible combinations of options.  To ensure multi-vendor
interoperability, it is useful to specify "profiles", where each
profile is a particular combination of options.  The number of
specified profiles will be much less than the total number of
possible combination, and a given implementation can be characterized
by saying which profiles it supports.  This document describes two
profiles that use a PIM control plane.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-profiles-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt