Subject: I-D Action:draft-wood-dna-link-properties-advertisement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Link properties advertisement from modem to router
	Author(s)       : L. Wood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wood-dna-link-properties-advertisement-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-07-14

Routers are increasingly connected to a variety of smart modems.
Such a modem's incoming and outgoing link rates can be varied over
time with adaptive coding and modulation to suit the channel
characteristics.  The link rate and conditions offered by the modem
to connected devices therefore vary.  For connected devices to
condition traffic and get the most out of the modem's link capacity,
they need to know the modem's link conditions.  This document
describes one simple method for the modem to advertise link rate and
other characteristics, via UDP messages, and discusses alternative
approaches to communicating this information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wood-dna-link-properties-advertisement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt