Subject: I-D Action:draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : FTP Extension for Internationalized Text
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-07-27

The original FTP protocol supported TYPE values for ASCII and EBCDIC
text, plus binary ("IMAGE") transmission.  As the Internet becomes
more international, there is a growing requirement to be able to
transmit textual data, encoded in Unicode, in a way that is
independent of the coding and line representation forms of particular
operating systems.  This memo specifies a new FTP TYPE value for
Unicode data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt