Subject: I-D Action:draft-lewis-lisp-interworking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interworking LISP with IPv4 and IPv6
	Author(s)       : D. Lewis, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lewis-lisp-interworking-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-07-11

This document describes techniques for allowing sites running the
Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP [LISP]) to interoperate with
Internet sites not running LISP.  A fundamental property of LISP-
speaking sites is that they use Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs), rather
than traditional IP addresses, in the source and destination fields
of all traffic they emit or receive.  While EIDs are syntactically
identical to IP addresses, routes for them are not carried in the
global routing system so an interoperability mechanism is needed for
non-LISP-speaking sites to exchange traffic with LISP-speaking sites.
This document introduces two such mechanisms: the first uses a new
network element, the LISP Proxy Tunnel Router (PTR) (Section 5) to
act as a intermediate LISP Ingress Tunnel Router (ITR) for non-LISP-
speaking hosts while the second adds Network Address Translation
(NAT) functionality to LISP Ingress and LISP Egress Tunnel Routers
(xTRs) to substitute routable IP addresses for non-routable EIDs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lewis-lisp-interworking-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt