Subject: I-D Action:draft-marocco-alto-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : E. Marocco, V. Gurbani
	Filename        : draft-marocco-alto-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-07-10

A significant part of the Internet traffic today is generated by
peer-to-peer applications used for file sharing, realtime
communications and live media streaming.  Such applications often
deal with large amounts of data in direct peer-to-peer connections,
but they usually have little knowledge of the underlying topology,
both at the overlay layer and the network layer.  As a result, they
may choose their peers based on measurements and statistics which, in
some specific situations, often lead to suboptimal choices.  This
document describes problems related to optimizing traffic generated
by peer-to-peer applications through the use of link and network
layer information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marocco-alto-problem-statement-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt