Subject: I-D Action:draft-menth-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCN Encoding for Packet-Specific Dual Marking (PSDM)
	Author(s)       : M. Menth, et al.
	Filename        : draft-menth-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-07-07

This document proposes how PCN marks can be encoded into the IP
header.  The presented encoding reuses the ECN field of the Voice-
Admit DSCP in a single PCN domain.  The encoding of unmarked PCN
packets indicates whether they are subject to either excess- or
exhaustive-marking.  This is useful, e.g., when data and probe
packets require different marking mechanisms.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-menth-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt