Subject: I-D Action:draft-bellovin-useipsec-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Guidelines for Mandating the Use of IPsec Version 2
	Author(s)       : S. Bellovin
	Filename        : draft-bellovin-useipsec-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-07-10

The Security Considerations sections of many Internet Drafts say, in
effect, "just use IPsec".  While this is sometimes correct, more
often it will leave users without real, interoperable security
mechanisms.  This memo offers some guidance on when IPsec Version 2
should and should not be specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-useipsec-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt