Subject: I-D Action:draft-groth-dns-encryption-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 07:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Encryption
	Author(s)       : D. Groth
	Filename        : draft-groth-dns-encryption-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-07-12

This document requests IANA registration of a new DNS OpCode and
ErrorCode type in facilitating encryption of DNS requests and
replies and feed back to the client if plain text requests are not
acceptable. Once this OpCode is seen the DNS server attempts to
decrypt the request using it's private OpenPGP key. Inside the
encrypted packet will be an AES key which the client expects to be
used when the server encrypts a response. A server can advertise
that it is capable of DNS encryption by returning OpenPGP
fingerprints via PKA information in TXT records and the full pubic
keys can be stored as CERT records against the host names of NS
records.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-groth-dns-encryption-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt