Subject: I-D Action:draft-newman-auth-scram-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Salted Challenge Response Authentication Mechanism (SCRAM)
	Author(s)       : A. Menon-Sen, C. Newman
	Filename        : draft-newman-auth-scram-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-13

The secure authentication mechanism most widely deployed and used by
 Internet application protocols is the transmission of clear-text
 passwords over a channel protected by Transport Layer Security
 (TLS).  There are some significant security concerns with that
 mechanism, which could be addressed by the use of a challenge
 response authentication mechanism protected by TLS. Unfortunately,
 the challenge response mechanisms presently on the standards track
 all fail to meet requirements necessary for widespread deployment,
 and have had success only in limited use.

 This specification describes the Salted Challenge Response
 Authentication Mechanism (SCRAM), which addresses the security
 concerns and meets the deployability requirements. When used in
 combination with TLS or an equivalent security layer, this mechanism
 could improve the status-quo for application protocol authentication
 and provide a suitable choice for a mandatory-to-implement mechanism
 for future application protocol standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newman-auth-scram-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt