Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DVB Application-Layer Hybrid FEC Protection
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, T. Stockhammer
	Filename        : draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-07-07

This document describes the Application-layer Forward Error
Correction (FEC) protocol that was developed by the Digital Video
Broadcasting (DVB) consortium for the protection of media streams
over IP networks.  The DVB AL-FEC protocol uses two layers for FEC
protection.  The first (base) layer is based on the 1-D interleaved
parity code.  The second (enhancement) layer is based on the Raptor
code.  Since both of these codes have already been specified in
separate documents, the current document does not define the details
of these codes but provides the references to the respective
specifications.  By offering a layered approach, the DVB AL-FEC
offers a good protection against both bursty and random packet losses
at a cost of decent complexity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt