Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VPLS Interoperability with Provider Backbone Bridges
	Author(s)	: A. Sajassi
	Filename	: draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2008-7-14
	
The scalability of H-VPLS with Ethernet access network can be 
   improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge (PBB) 
   functionality in VPLS access. PBB is in the process of being 
   standardized as IEEE 802.1ah, which is an amendment to 802.1Q to 
   improve the scalability of MAC addresses and service instances in 
   Provider Ethernet networks. This document describes how IEEE 802.1ah 
   functionality can be used in the H-VPLS access network to attain 
   better scalability in terms of number of customer MAC addresses and 
   number of service instances that can be supported. This document 
   also describes the scenarios and the mechanisms for incorporating 
   PBB functionality within H-VPLS with existing IEEE 802.1ad (aka 
   QinQ) Ethernet access and interoperability among them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-vpls-pbb-interop-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt