Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-delord-jounay-pwe3-ldp-aii-reachability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LDP extension for AII reachability
	Author(s)	: S. DeLord
	Filename	: draft-delord-jounay-pwe3-ldp-aii-reachability-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-7-7
	
The dynamic End-to-End Multisegment pseudowire setup requires PEs to 
   maintain a pseudowire routing table when using FEC129. There is 
   therefore a requirement for automatic Attachment Individual 
   Identifiers discovery. Two mechanisms already exist, a BGP based 
   solution and an IGP based one. Here we define a third solution 
   relying on LDP. It allows for automatic discovery of the Attachment
   Individual Identifiers provsionned on a PE when this node does not run BGP or IGP. The mechanism described here only runs on the 
   T-LDP (Targeted LDP) session between the T-PE and S-PE, but not on 
   any other LDP session which may exist for the tunnels. The T-PE 
   advertises its locally attached AIIs only for the S-PE to build its 
   PW routing table (the S-PE does not propagate this information 
   further via this mechanism).  
   The mechanism described here is intended to complement other 
   existing autodiscovery and routing mechanisms already described 
   with BGP and OSPF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-delord-jounay-pwe3-ldp-aii-reachability-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt