Subject: I-D Action:draft-duerst-iri-bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
	Author(s)       : M. Duerst, M. Suignard
	Filename        : draft-duerst-iri-bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2008-07-08

This document defines a new protocol element, the Internationalized
Resource Identifier (IRI), as a complement to the Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI).  An IRI is a sequence of characters from the
Universal Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646).  A mapping from IRIs to
URIs is defined, which means that IRIs can be used instead of URIs,
where appropriate, to identify resources.
The approach of defining a new protocol element was chosen instead of
extending or changing the definition of URIs.  This was done in order
to allow a clear distinction and to avoid incompatibilities with
existing software.  Guidelines are provided for the use and
deployment of IRIs in various protocols, formats, and software
components that currently deal with URIs.

[RFC Editor: Please remove this paragraph before publication.]  This
is a draft to update RFC 3987 and move towards IETF Draft Standard.
For an issues list/change log and additional information (including
mailing list information), please see
http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit.  For discussion and
comments on this draft, please use the [email-masked] mailing
list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt