Subject: I-D Action:draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Authorization Policies to tackle Spam and Unwanted Communication for Internet Telephony
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename        : draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-07-11

Spam over Internet Telephony (SPIT) is one of the foreseen future
forms of spamming that SIP open-wide networks may have to handle.
SPIT also has more impact on users than email spam since it is more
intrusive.  Email as a store-and-forward communication mechanism
allows for several filtering mechanisms to be applied to the full
content before being presented to the user.  Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) interaction is, in contrast, real-time communication
and therefore does not provide much information prior to the
transmission of the content, making it both harder to filter and more
annoying to users.  The responsibility for filtering, blocking calls,
or taking any other preventive action can belong to different
elements in the call flow and may depend on various factors.  This
document discusses the requirements to define authorization policies
that should allow end users or other parties to setup anti-SPIT
policies for triggering these actions.  These policies typically
match a particular SIP communication pattern based on a number of
attributes.  The range of attributes includes information provided,
for example, by the SIP protocol itself, by the SIP identity
mechanism, by information carried within SAML assertions or by
reputation systems of social networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-requirements-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt