Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The TCP Authentication Option
	Author(s)       : J. Touch, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document specifies a TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) which is 
intended to replace the TCP MD5 Signature option of RFC-2385 (TCP 
MD5). TCP-AO specifies the use of stronger Message Authentication 
Codes (MACs) and provides more details on the association of security 
associations with TCP connections. TCP-AO assumes an external, out-
of-band mechanism (manual or via a separate protocol) for session key 
establishment, parameter negotiation, and rekeying, replicating the 

 separation of key management and key use as in the IPsec suite. The 
result is intended to be a simple modification to support current 
infrastructure uses of TCP MD5, such as to protect BGP and LDP, and 
to support a larger set of MACs with minimal other system and 
operational changes. TCP-AO uses a new option identifier, even though 
it is intended to be mutually exclusive with TCP MD5 on a given TCP 
connection. It supports IPv6, and is fully compatible with 
requirements under development for an update to TCP MD5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:58:48 -0700

Hi, all,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-01.txt

FYI, a list of changes and remaining open issues is contained in the 
document.

Joe