Subject: I-D Action:draft-templin-dhcpmtu-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCP Segmentation/Reassembly using SEAL
	Author(s)       : F. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-dhcpmtu-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-07-30

IP fragmentation has been shown to be problematic through operational
experience and through studies conducted over the course of many
years.  Some transports (e.g., TCP) have the abilitiy to adjust their
message sizes to avoid IP fragmentation, however no such capability
is built into the UDP transport.  UDP applications such as DHCP must
therefore have a means to perform their own segmentation prior to
submitting their data to UDP/IP in order to avoid IP fragmentation.
This document specifies a segmentation/reassembly capability for DHCP
using SEAL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-dhcpmtu-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt