Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for SVC Video
	Author(s)       : S. Wenger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-13.txt
	Pages           : 86
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This memo describes an RTP payload format for Scalable Video Coding 
(SVC) as defined in_Annex G of ITU-T Recommendation H.264, which is 
technically identical to Amendment 3 of ISO/IEC International 
Standard 14496-10.  The RTP payload format allows for packetization 
of one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP 
packet payload, as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit in multiple 
RTP packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of an SVC stream 
over a single as well as multiple RTP sessions.  For single-session 
streams the packetization modes of RFC 3984 are used, whereas for 
multi-session streams four different packetization modes are defined 
in this memo.  The multi-session packetization modes extend the 
packetization modes defined in RFC 3984.  The payload format is 
backwards compatible to RFC 3984, and has wide applicability in 
videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, and high bit-rate 
entertainment-quality video, among others.  

Table of Contents 

Status of this Memo...............................................1 
Copyright Notice..................................................1 
Abstract..........................................................2

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt