Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-alto-traceroute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : P2P Traffic Localization by Traceroute and 2-Means Classification
	Author(s)       : L. Wen
	Filename        : draft-zhang-alto-traceroute-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-07-04

Most P2P system performance suffers from the mismatch between the randomly
  
constructed overlays topology and the underlying physical network
topology, 
causing a large burden in the ISP and a long RTT time. This document  

 describes how DHT overlay peers can interact with the routers by
traceroute to  
get the path information, and execute 2-Means Classification, thereafter
peers  
leverage the DHT itself to build efficient "closer" cluster. This scheme
only  

requires the infrastructure to enable traceroute queries.  

Conventions used in this document 

In examples, "C:" and "S:" indicate lines sent by the client and 
server respectively. 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-alto-traceroute-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt