Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-miloucheva-user-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: User centric QoS policy management for heterogeneous Internet environment
	Author(s)	: I. Miloucheva, I. Sterdiner Mayer, P. Aranda Guiterrez, A. Flizikowski, C. Chassot
	Filename	: draft-miloucheva-user-policy-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2008-7-18
	
This document presents a framework for user-centric Quality of 
   Service (QoS) management in heterogeneous Internet environments
   (considering fixed, mobile and broadcast networks). 
   The framework is based on dynamic business level QoS policy 
   specification by different actors  (such as users, operators 
   and administrators), as well as hierarchical policy refinement
   and translation, supporting the automated configuration of QoS
   mechanisms at heterogeneous network and transport entities.

The hierarchical policy approach involves abstractions and mapping  
   of policies described at business, unified, operational and 
   configuration level considering networks with different capabilities
   and QoS requirements of different actors. 
   The policy specification is dependent on the Service 
   Level Agreements (SLAs) of the particular actors. 
   This allows controlled and restricted usage of the network 
   resources by the actors according to the actor dependencies and 
   corresponding SLA rules.    

   The policy management framework includes components for dynamic 
   actor-based QoS policy specification, policy consistency check
   and dependency analysis regarding SLAs, automated policy 
   provisioning and configuration at heterogeneous transport and 
   network entities, policy monitoring and performance 
   assessment, as well as automated adaptation of QoS mechanisms at 
   operational level.  
   Policy enforcement combined with policy monitoring and performance
   assessment is considered, as well as automated adaptation of 
   policy parameters (e.g. operational policies) based on policy 
   performance analysis. 
 
   Interactions of components for policy specification and automated
   provisioning are based on policy repository storing the unified 
   (intermediate) policy representations describing policy parameters, 
   conditions and actions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miloucheva-user-policy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt