Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Basic HIP Extensions for Traversal of Network Address Translators
	Author(s)       : M. Komu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-07-14

The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) provides a new namespace that can be
used for uniquely identifying hosts.  Existing HIP experimental
specifications do not specify protocol operations across Network
Address Translators (NATs).
This document specifies basic NAT traversal extensions for HIP.  The
HIP shim layer is located between the network and transport layer,
the extensions can also provide a more general-purpose NAT traversal
support for higher-layer networking applications.  The extensions are
based on the use of the The Interactive Connectivity Establishment
(ICE) methodology to discover a working path between two end-hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt