Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dna-tentative-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detecting Network Attachment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Tentative Options for Link-Layer Addresses in IPv6 Neighbour Discovery
	Author(s)       : G. Daley, E. Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dna-tentative-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-07-13

The proposed IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) Optimization
"Optimistic DAD" defines a set of recoverable procedures which allow
a node to make use of an address before DAD completes.  Essentially,
Optimistic DAD forbids usage of certain Neighbour Discovery options
which could pollute active neighbour cache entries, while an address
is tentative.

This document defines a new option and procedures to replace cache
polluting options, in a way which is useful to tentative nodes.
These procedures are designed to be to backward compatible with
existing devices which support IPv6 Neighbour Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-tentative-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt