Subject: I-D Action:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verification of Care-of Addresses in Multiple Bindings Registration
	Author(s)       : B. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-07-10

Using multiple care-of address registration, there is a possibility
that a malicious mobile node could create multiple care-of address
bindings that does not belong to the mobile node at its home agent.
The home agent would accept these bindings without verifying them due
to the trust relationship it has with the mobile node.  With these
bindings, the mobile node can launch attacks by asking the home agent
to flood the victims of these care-of addresses with useless packets.
To mitigate such a problem, this memo introduces a few possible
verification mechanisms that the home agent would use in order to
verify the care-of addresses for the mobile node before using them
for packet routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt