Subject: I-D Action:draft-kerr-dnsop-edns0-penetration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : EDNS0 Support in Authority Servers on 27 July 2008
	Author(s)       : S. Kerr, J. Abley
	Filename        : draft-kerr-dnsop-edns0-penetration-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-07-28

This memo documents the methodology and results of an experiment
which tested the availability of the DNS Extension Mechanism (EDNS0)
on a large set of authority-only nameservers.  The experiment was
conducted in the bar during the IETF 72 meeting on 27 July 2008.

The results of this experiment suggest that EDNS0 deployment is
extensive: it was found that 94.4% of non-defective authority-only
servers are EDNS0-capable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kerr-dnsop-edns0-penetration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt