Subject: I-D Action:draft-worley-redundancy-response-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Supporting Multiple Path Routing in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : D. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-redundancy-response-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-07-06

An increasing number of SIP architectures implement multiple path
routing (MPR), which is the providing of more than one path for a
call to reach a destination user agent (UA).  To implement MPR well,
the proxy which forks a request onto the redundant paths needs to be
able to determine if a fork that failed reached the destination UA
and was rejected by the UA (and so an alternate path should not be
tried), or if the fork failed before reaching the UA (and so an
alternate path should be attempted).  This document is to begin a
discussion of strategies for making this determination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt