Subject: I-D Action:draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Survivability Framework
	Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-07-07

Network survivability is the network's ability to restore traffic
following failure or attack; it plays a critical factor in the
delivery of reliable services in transport networks. Guaranteed
services in the form of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) require a
resilient network that detects facility or node failures, very
rapidly, and immediately starts to restore network operations in
accordance with the terms of the SLA.

The Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is a
packet transport technology that combines the packet experience of
MPLS with the operational experience of SONET/SDH. It provides
survivability mechanisms such as protection and restoration, with
similar function levels to those found in established transport
networks such as in SONET/SDH networks. Some of the MPLS-TP
protection mechanisms are data plane-driven and are based on MPLS-TP
OAM fault management functions which are used to trigger protection
switching in the absence of a control plane. Other protection
mechanisms utilize the MPLS-TP control plane.

This document provides a framework for MPLS-TP survivability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt