Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IKE SA Synchronization
	Author(s)       : Y. Xu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-07

It will take a long time to do security association syncronization
among IKE/IPsec gateways possibly maintaining huge numbers of IKEv2/
IPsec SAs.  The major reason is that the prcocedure of IKEv2 SA re-
establishment will incur a time-consuming computation especially in
the Diffie-Hellman exchange.  In this draft, a new IKE security
associations synchronization solution is proposed to reduce the
computation by directly transferring the indexed IKE SA from old
gateway to new gateway, wherein the most expensive Diffie-Hellman
calculation can be avoided.  Without some time-consuming IKEv2
exchanges, the huge amount of IKE/IPsec SA synchronization procedures
can be finished in a short time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt