Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2
	Author(s)       : T. Clausen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-07.txt
	Pages           : 78
	Date            : 2008-07-10

This document describes version 2 of the Optimized Link State Routing
(OLSRv2) protocol.  The protocol embodies an optimization of the
classical link state algorithm tailored to the requirements of a
Mobile Ad hoc NETwork (MANET).

The key optimization in OLSRv2 is that of multipoint relays (MPRs),
providing an efficient mechanism for network-wide broadcast of link
state information (i.e. reducing the cost of performing a network-
wide link state broadcast).  A secondary optimization is that OLSRv2
employs partial link state information; each node maintains
information about all destinations, but only a subset of links.
Consequently, only selected nodes flood link state advertisements
(thus reducing the number of network-wide link state broadcasts) and
these advertisements contain only a subset of links (thus reducing
the size of network-wide link state broadcasts).  The partial link
state information thus obtained still allows each OLSRv2 node to at
all times maintain optimal (in terms of number of hops) routes to all
destinations in the network.

OLSRv2 imposes minimum requirements on the network by not requiring
sequenced or reliable transmission of control traffic.  Furthermore,
the only interaction between OLSRv2 and the IP stack is routing table
management.

OLSRv2 is particularly suitable for large and dense networks as the
technique of MPRs works best in this context.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt