Subject: I-D Action:draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling RSVP-TE P2MP LSPs in an Inter-domain Environment
	Author(s)       : Z. Ali
	Filename        : draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-07-06

Point-to-MultiPoint (P2MP) Multiprotocol Label Switching 

(MPLS) and Generalized  MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label 

Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may be established using signaling 

techniques described in [RFC4875]. However, [RFC4875] does not 

  Expires August 2007

[page 1] 

 draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-00.txt 

address many issues that comes when a P2MP-TE LSP is signaled in 

a multi-domain networks. Specifically, one of the issues in 

multi-domain networks is how to allow computation of a loosely 

routed P2MP-TE LSP such that it is remerge free. This document 

provides a framework and required protocol extensions needed for 

establishing and controlling P2MP MPLS and GMPLS TE LSPs in 

multi-domain networks.  

This document borrows inter-domain TE terminology from 

[RFC4726], e.g., for the purposes of this document, a domain is 

considered to be any collection of network elements within a 

common sphere of address management or path computational 

responsibility.  Examples of such domains include Interior 

Gateway Protocol (IGP) areas and Autonomous Systems (ASes). 

Conventions used in this document 

In examples, "C:" and "S:" indicate lines sent by the client and 

server respectively. 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL 

NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and 

"OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in 

RFC-2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt