Subject: I-D Action:draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire Signaling and Auto-Discovery in Layer 2 VPNs
	Author(s)       : R. Aggarwal
	Filename        : draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-07-13

A Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Pseudo Wire (PW) is a mechanism that
emulates the essential attributes of a unidirectional P2MP
Telecommunications service such as P2MP ATM over a Packet Switched
Network (PSN). [RFC4664] describes a number of different ways in
which sets of PWs may be combined together into "Provider Provisioned
Layer 2 VPNs" (L2 PPVPNs, or L2VPNs), resulting in a number of
different kinds of L2VPN. P2MP PWs enable a L2VPN to provide a
Virtual Private P2MP unidirectional service (VPMS), which may be in
addition to the Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS) offered by the
L2VPN.

This document describes how procedures outlined in [VPLS-MCAST] can
be used to signal P2MP PWs and enable a P2MP unidirectional service
in a L2VPN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt