Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rserpool-asap-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Server Pooling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Aggregate Server Access Protocol (ASAP)
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rserpool-asap-21.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2008-07-11

Aggregate Server Access Protocol (ASAP) in conjunction with the
Endpoint Handlespace Redundancy Protocol (ENRP)
[I-D.ietf-rserpool-enrp] provides a high availability data transfer
mechanism over IP networks.  ASAP uses a handle-based addressing
model which isolates a logical communication endpoint from its IP
address(es), thus effectively eliminating the binding between the
communication endpoint and its physical IP address(es) which normally
constitutes a single point of failure.

In addition, ASAP defines each logical communication destination as a
pool, providing full transparent support for server-pooling and load
sharing.  It also allows dynamic system scalability - members of a
server pool can be added or removed at any time without interrupting
the service.

ASAP is designed to take full advantage of the network level
redundancy provided by the Stream Transmission Control Protocol
(SCTP) [RFC4960].  Each transport protocol, other than SCTP, MUST
have an accompanying transport mapping document.  It should be noted
that ASAP messages passed between PE's and ENRP servers MUST use the
SCTP transport protocol.

The high availability server pooling is gained by combining two
protocols, namely ASAP and ENRP, in which ASAP provides the user
interface for pool handle to address translation, load sharing
management, and fault management while ENRP defines the high
availability pool handle translation service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rserpool-asap-21.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt