Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 04:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "EXP field" renamed to "CoS Field"
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-07-04

The early MPLS documents defined the form of the MPLS Label Stack
entry.  This include a three bit field called the "EXP field".  The
exact use of this field was not defined by these documents, except to
state that it was to be "reserved for experimental use".

Although the intended use of the EXP field was as a "Class of
Service" field, it was not named the "Class of Service" (CoS) field
by these early documents because the use of such a CoS field was not
considered to be sufficiently defined.  Today a number of standards
documents define its usage as a CoS field. .

To avoid misunderstanding about how this field may be used, this
document changes the name of the field to the "CoS field".  In doing
so it also updates documents that define the current use of the EXP
this field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt