Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shalunov-tana-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Transport for Advanced Networking Applications (TANA) Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: S. Shalunov
	Filename	: draft-shalunov-tana-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-7-7
	
 The IETF P2PI workshop conducted in the end of May 2008 at MIT in
   Boston has identified a number of potential documents for the IETF to
   work on.

   One is a transport protocol with congestion control mechanism that
   enables an advanced networking application to minimize the extra
   delay it induces in the bottleneck while implementing an end-to-end
   version of scavenger service.  At least one such protocol has now
   been implemented by a major peer-to-peer application and deployed in
   the wild with favorable results.

   Another is a document that addresses community concerns about the use
   of multiple transport connections by peer-to-peer applications, both
   when these connections run to the same peer and to different peers.

   These two items appear to fall within the Transport area, but not
   within the charter of any existing working group.  It is not obvious
   what WG's charter could be naturally extended to encompass these two
   items.  The TANA BoF is held to explore the problem space, gauge the
   interest in the problems within the Transport area, and to see if the
   community and the area directors believe that it makes sense to form
   a TANA working group within the Transport area to chartered to work
   on (1) standardizing end-to-end congestion control that enables
   advanced application to minimize the delay they introduce into the
   network and a protocol using it and (2) a document describing the
   current practice of peer-to-peer apps' use of multiple transport
   connections and recommendations in this space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shalunov-tana-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt