Subject: I-D Action:draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 05:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensions to the Emergency Services Architecture for dealing with Unauthenticated and Unauthorized Devices
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-12

The IETF emergency services architecture assumes that access to a
network has already happened using the traditional network access
authentication procedures or that no authentication for network
access is needed (e.g., in case of public hotspots).  Subsequent
protocol interactions, such as obtaining location information,
learning the address of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) and
the emergency call itself are largely decoupled from the underlying
network access procedures.

There are, however, cases where a device is not in possession of
credentials for network access, does not have a VoIP provider, or
where the credentials are available but became invalid due to various
reasons (e.g., credit exhaustion, expired accounts, etc.).

This document provides a problem statement, introduces terminology
and describes an extension for the base IETF emergency services
architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt