Subject: I-D Action:draft-kiesel-alto-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Requirements
	Author(s)       : S. Kiesel, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2008-07-04

Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
server processes or pieces of information, which are available in
several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
is not limited to, peer-to-peer filesharing applications.  The goal
of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
guidance to applications, which have to select one host out of
several candidates for providing a desired resource.  These
recommendations shall be based on parameters that affect performance
and efficiency of the data transmission between the hosts, e.g., the
topological distance.  The ultimate goal is to optimize performance
(or Quality of Experience) in the application while minimizing
resource consumption in the underlying network infrastructure.

This document enumerates an initial set of requirements for ALTO and
solicits feedback and discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kiesel-alto-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt