Subject: I-D Action:draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Multiple Appearance Feature using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2008-07-13

This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
(BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as Multiple Appearances (MA) since
SIP does not have lines.  This feature is commonly offered in the IP
Centrex services and IP-PBX offerings and is likely to be implemented
on SIP IP telephones and SIP feature servers used in a business
environment.  This document lists requirements and compares
implementation options for this feature.  Extensions to the SIP
dialog event package are proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt