Subject: I-D Action:draft-li-ccamp-wson-igp-eval-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evaluation of Possible Interior Gateway Protocol Extensions for Wavelength Switching Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : D. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-li-ccamp-wson-igp-eval-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-07-12

Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) is a technology for optical 
communications, in which the user traffic is carried by data channels 
of different optical wavelengths. In traditional WDM Networks, each 
wavelength path is statically configured. With the deployment of the 
Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer (ROADM) and the 
 
 Wavelength Selective Switch (WSS), WDM networks have become more 
dynamic, and operators can flexibly set up wavelength paths to carry 
user traffic.  

This document discusses the set of Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) 
requirements that would enable distributed light path computation in 
Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON). An IGP impact analysis 
is also provided. According to the analysis, there is no significant 
impact on the IGP performance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-ccamp-wson-igp-eval-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt