Subject: I-D Action:draft-crocker-dnssec-algo-signal-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling Cryptographic Algorithm Understanding in DNSSEC
	Author(s)       : S. Crocker, S. Rose
	Filename        : draft-crocker-dnssec-algo-signal-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-07-14

The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) was developed to provide origin
authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
signatures.  These digital signatures can be generated using
different algorithms.  Each digital signature added to a response
increases the size of the response, which could result in the
response message being truncated.  This draft sets out to specify a
way for validating end-system resolvers to signal to a server which
cryptographic algorithms they prefer in a DNSSEC response by defining
an EDNS option to list a client's preferred algorithms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dnssec-algo-signal-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt