Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 1-D Interleaved Parity FEC Scheme for FEC Framework
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-07-07

This document describes a Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Scheme for the one-dimensional (1-D) interleaved parity code
and its application to reliable delivery of media streams in the
context of FEC Framework.  The 1-D interleaved parity code is a
systematic code, where a number of repair symbols are generated from
a set of source symbols and sent in one or more repair flows in
addition to the source symbols that are sent to the receiver(s)
within a source flow.  The 1-D interleaved parity code offers a good
protection against bursty packet losses at a cost of decent
complexity.  This document extends the FEC header defined in RFC 2733
and registers a new RTP payload format for the FEC that is generated
by the 1-D interleaved parity code from a source media encapsulated
in RTP.  This new payload format is compatible with and used as a
part of the DVB Application-layer FEC Specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt