Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Context EngineID Discovery
	Author(s)	: J. Schoenwaelder
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-7-14
	
The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) version three (SNMPv3)
requires that an application knows the identifier (snmpEngineID) of
the remote SNMP protocol engine in order to retrieve or manipulate
objects maintained on the remote SNMP entity.

This document introduces a well-known localEngineID and a discovery
mechanism which can be used to learn the snmpEngineID of a remote
SNMP protocol engine.  The proposed mechanism is independent of the
features provided by SNMP security models and may also be used by
other protocol interfaces providing access to managed objects.

This document updates RFC 3411.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt