Subject: I-D Action:draft-knoll-idr-cos-interconnect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Class of Service Interconnection
	Author(s)       : T. Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-cos-interconnect-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-07-07

This document focuses on Class of Service Interconnection at inter-
domain peering points.  It specifies two new non-transitive
attributes, which enable adjacent peers to signal Class of Service
Capabilities and certain Class of Service admission control
Parameters.  The new "CoS Capability Attribute" is deliberately kept
simple and denotes the general EF, AF Group and BE forwarding support
across the advertising AS.  The second "CoS Parameter Attribute" is
of variable length and contains a more detailed description of
available forwarding behaviours using the PHB id Code encoding.  Each
PHB id Code is associated with rate and size based traffic
parameters, which will be applied in the ingress AS Border Router for
admission control purposes to a given forwarding behaviour.  The
denoted Class of Service forwarding support is meant as the AS
externally available (transit) Class of Service support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knoll-idr-cos-interconnect-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt