Subject: I-D Action:draft-white-bounded-longest-match-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bounding Longer Routes to Remove TE
	Author(s)       : S. Hares
	Filename        : draft-white-bounded-longest-match-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-07-31

Some ASes currently use length-based filters to manage the size of
the routing table they use and propagate.  This draft explores an
alternative to length-based filters which allows for more automatic
configuration and which provides for better redundancy.

Rather than use a filter, this draft proposes a method of modifying
the BGP [RFC1771] longest match algorithm by setting a bound on the
prefix lengths eligible for preference.  A bound would operate on
long prefixes when covering route announcements are available; in
certain circumstances it would cause a router to prefer an aggregate
over a more specific route announcement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-bounded-longest-match-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt