Subject: I-D Action:draft-xli-behave-ivi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prefix-specific and Stateless Address Mapping (IVI) for IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition
	Author(s)       : X. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xli-behave-ivi-00.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2008-07-05

This document presents the concept and practice of the prefix-
specific and stateless address mapping mechanism (IVI) for IPv4/IPv6
coexistence and transition.  In this scheme, subsets of the IPv4
addresses are embedded in prefix-specific IPv6 addresses and these
IPv6 addresses can therefore communicate with the global IPv6
networks directly and can communicate with the global IPv4 networks
via stateless (or almost stateless) gateways.  The IVI scheme
supports the end-to-end address transparency, incremental deployment
and performance optimization in multi-homed environment.  This
document is a comprehensive report on the IVI design and its
deployment in large scale public networks.  Based on the IVI
scenario, the corresponding address allocation and assignment
policies are also proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xli-behave-ivi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt