Subject: I-D Action:draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MIPv4 Authentication Using a New Diameter MIPv4 Application
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-14

Current Mobile IPv4 deployments use RADIUS based MIPv4 user
authentication and authorization.  Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application
[RFC4004] offers another method for MIPv4 authentication,
authorization, and dynamic mobility security association allocation,
e.g.  MN-HA SA allocation.  Some SDOs are considering the use of
Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application to replace RADIUS based mechanism.
However, these SDos use a link layer access authentication mechanism,
e.g., using an EAP application, to derive the related MIP4 shared
keys and security association.  This document an overview of these
respected architectures and their handling to MIP4 security
association and keys derivation and distribution.  It presents an
analysis of the performance and impact of Diameter MIPv4 Application
and RADIUS based solutions on the time the mobile node uses during
the initial session setup.  Some common MIPv4 scenarios which require
the mobile node to retransmit its initial RRQ message have been
identified and used.  The set of assumptions and requirements used
for this study has been clearly documented under section 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-diameter-mip4-performance-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt