Subject: I-D Action:draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Extended Community Attribute for QoS Marking
	Author(s)       : T. Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-06

This document specifies a simple signalling mechanism for inter-
domain QoS marking using several instances of a new BGP Extended
Community Attribute.  Class based packet marking and forwarding is
currently performed independently within ASes.  The new QoS marking
attribute makes the QoS class marking within the IP prefix
advertising AS known to all access and transit ASes.  This enables
individual (re-)marking and possibly forwarding treatment adaptation
to the original QoS class setup of the respective originating AS.
The attribute provides the means to signal QoS markings on different
layers, which are linked together in QoS Class Sets.  It provides
inter-domain and cross-layer insight into the QoS class mapping of
the source AS with minimal signalling traffic.Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt