Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sajassi-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Multicast Pruning in Provider Backbone Bridged VPLS 
	Author(s)	: A. Sajassi, L. Fang, P. Mohapatra, N. Bitar, R. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-sajassi-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-multicast-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-7-7
	
The scalability of H-VPLS (either with MPLS or Ethernet access 
   network) can be improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge 
   (PBB) functionality in VPLS access.   
   The ingress replication of PBB multicast traffic can be further 
   improved by replicating such traffic over a subset of PWs for which 
   there are receivers interested in that PBB multicast group.   
    
   This document discusses the use of BGP for distribution of PBB 
   multicast addresses (e.g., auto-discovery of these addresses) and 
   applying multicast pruning to a VPLS instance for efficient ingress 
   replication.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-multicast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt