Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-dime-capabilities-update-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Capabilities Update Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou
	Filename        : draft-tsou-dime-capabilities-update-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-28

This specification clarifies "Capabilities Update" in OPEN state
defined in RFC 3588bis.  Capabilities update in OPEN state can reuse
commands CER/CEA commands for re-negotiation between Diameter peers
when one of them changes its capabilities.It is a very important
function in Diameter.

However, RFC 3588 has defined a mechanism of containing capabilities
list both in CER and CEA commands and the peer should update its
local database whenever it receives CER/CEA.  This makes the process
complex and redundant when they are used in OPEN state.  So this
draft proposes a simpler solution based on CER/CEA commands to deal
with this problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-dime-capabilities-update-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt