Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for RTCP XR
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-08-06

This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  One of the
initial XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE)
Report Block.  This report conveys the information regarding the
individual Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss
events experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the
transmission of the report.  The new report, which is referred to as
the Post-repair Loss RLE Report, carries the information regarding
the remaining lost packets after all error-repair techniques are
applied.  By comparing the RTP packet receipts/losses before and
after the error repair is completed, one can determine the
effectiveness of the error-repair techniques in an aggregated
fashion.  This document also defines the signaling of the Post-repair
Loss RLE Report in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt