Subject: I-D Action:draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PF_KEY Extension as an Interface between Mobile IPv6 and IPsec/IKE
	Author(s)       : A. Ebalard, S. Decugis
	Filename        : draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-08-18

This document describes the need for an interface between Mobile IPv6
and IPsec/IKE and show how the two protocols can interwork.  An
extension of the PF_KEY framework is proposed which allows smooth and
solid operation of IKE in a Mobile IPv6 environment.

This document is heavily based on a previous draft [MIGRATE] written
by Shinta Sugimoto, Masahide Nakamura and Francis Dupont.  It simply
reuses the MIGRATE mechanism defined in the expired document, removes
a companion extension (SADB_X_EXT_PACKET) based on implementation
feedback (complexity, limitations, ...) and fills the gap by very
simple changes to MIGRATE mechanism.  This results in a more simple
and consistent mechanism, which also proved to be easier to
implement.  This document is expected to serve as a continuation of
[MIGRATE] work.  For that reason, the name of the extension has been
kept.

PF_KEY MIGRATE message serves as a carrier for updated address
information for both the in-kernel IPsec structures (SP/SA) and those
maintained by the key managers.  This includes in-kernel SP/SA
endpoints, key manager maintained equivalents and addresses used by
IKE_SA (current and to be negotiated).  The extension is helpful for
assuring smooth internetworking between Mobile IPv6 and IPsec/IKE for
the bootstrapping of mobile nodes and their movements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt