Subject: I-D Action:draft-crocker-rfc-media-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Media Format Choices for RFCs
	Author(s)       : D. Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-rfc-media-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-08-27

Documents in the RFC series normally use only plain-text ASCII
characters and a fixed-width font.  However, there is sometimes a
need to supplement the ASCII text with graphics or picture images.
The historic solution to this requirement, allowing secondary PDF and
Postscript files, is seldom used because it is awkward for authors
and publisher.  This memo suggests a more convenient scheme for
attaching authoritative diagrams, illustrations, or other graphics to
RFCs.  It further proposes conventions for additional input and
display formats, to improve readability.  This proposal is based on
draft-rfc-image-files-00, by Braden and Klensin, and revises it as
little as possible, while expanding the goals of the effort.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-rfc-media-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt