Subject: I-D Action:draft-moreau-pkix-aixcm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Auto Issued X.509 Certificate Mechanism (AIXCM)
	Author(s)       : T. Moreau
	Filename        : draft-moreau-pkix-aixcm-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-08-06

The Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol does not support the use
 of client public key pairs without X.509 security certificates. This
 document circumvents this limitation: an end-entity has access to
 the public domain private key of a dummy (or "explicitly
 meaningless") Certification Authority (CA), and can thus freely
 issue an X.509 security certificate for interoperability purposes.
 Given these workaround requirement and solution approach, the
 document limits itself to the strict minimal set of standardization
 provisions. This supports the orderly cohabitation of auto issued
 certificates and normal TLS traffic relying on the full Public Key
 Infrastructure (PKI) model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moreau-pkix-aixcm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt