Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Ivip Mapping Database Fast Push
	Author(s)	: R. Whittle
	Filename	: draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-01.txt
	Pages		: 55
	Date		: 2008-8-20
	
Ivip (Internet Vastly Improved Plumbing) is a proposed map-encap
   system which is intended to provide a solution for the routing
   scaling problem - supporting growing numbers of end-user networks
   with multihoming, traffic engineering and portability, without
   further growth in the global BGP routing table.  Ivip is also
   intended to provide other benefits, including a new form of IPv4 and
   IPv6 mobility and better utilization of IPv4 address space.  To
   achieve these benefits, Ivip relies on a "fast mapping database push"
   system, which is required to securely and reliably deliver updates to
   the mapping database to hundreds of thousands - or potentially
   millions - of ITRs (Ingress Tunnel Routers) and Query Servers (QSes)
   all over the Net, ideally within a few seconds.  This ID describes
   the requirements of such a system and how it could be implemented so
   as to cope with very large numbers of updates and ITR/QS sites.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt