Subject: I-D Action:draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Non-Renegable Selective Acknowledgements (NR-SACKs) for SCTP
	Author(s)       : P. Natarajan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2008-08-27

Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960] specifies
Selective Acknowledgements (SACKs) to allow a transport layer data
receiver to acknowledge DATA chunks which arrive out-of-order.  In
SCTP, SACK information is advisory because the data receiver is
permitted to renege; that is, later discard a DATA chunk which
previously has been SACKed.  Since delivery of a SACKed out-of-order
DATA chunk is not guaranteed, a copy of this DATA chunk MUST be kept
in the data sender's retransmission queue until this DATA chunk is
cumulatively acked.

This document specifies Non-Renegable Selective Acknowledgements (NR-
SACKs), an extension to SCTP's acknowledgment mechanism.  NR-SACKs
enable a data receiver to explicitly acknowledge out-of-order DATA
chunks that have been delivered to the receiving application.
(Recall that, in SCTP, out-of-order data sometimes can be delivered.)
NR-SACKs also enable a data receiver to indicate any out-of-order
DATA chunks on which the receiver guarantees never to renege.  As
opposed to SACKed DATA chunks, a sender can consider NR-SACKed DATA
chunks as never requiring retransmission, thus freeing space in the
data sender's retransmission queue sooner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-tsvwg-sctp-nrsack-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt