Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Re-ECN: Adding Accountability for Causing Congestion to TCP/IP
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, A. Jacquet, T. Moncaster, A. Smith
	Filename	: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-06.txt
	Pages		: 90
	Date		: 2008-8-4
	
This document introduces a new protocol for explicit congestion
   notification (ECN), termed re-ECN, which can be deployed
   incrementally around unmodified routers.  It enbales the the upstream
   party at any trust boundary in the internetwork to be held
   responsible for the congestion they cause, or allow to be caused.
   So, networks can introduce straightforward accountability for
   congestion and policing mechanisms for incoming traffic from end-
   customers or from neighbouring network domains.  The protocol works
   by arranging an extended ECN field in each packet so that, as it
   crosses any interface in an internetwork, it will carry a truthful
   prediction of congestion on the remainder of its path.  The purpose
   of this document is to specify the re-ECN protocol at the IP layer
   and to give guidelines on any consequent changes required to
   transport protocols.  It includes the changes required to TCP both as
   an example and as a specification.  It also gives examples of
   mechanisms that can use the protocol to ensure data sources respond
   correctly to congestion.  And it describes example mechanisms that
   ensure the dominant selfish strategy of both network domains and end-
   points will be to set the extended ECN field honestly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt