Subject: I-D Action:draft-rhee-tcpm-cubic-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks
	Author(s)       : I. Rhee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rhee-tcpm-cubic-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-08-08

CUBIC is an extension to the current TCP standards.  The protocol
differs from the current TCP standards only in the congestion window
adjustment function in the sender side.  In particular, it uses a
cubic function instead of a linear window increase of the current TCP
standards to improve scalability and stability under fast and long
distance networks.  BIC-TCP, a predecessor of CUBIC, has been a
default TCP adopted by Linux since year 2005 and has already been
deployed globally and in use for several years by the Internet
community at large.  CUBIC is using a similar window growth function
as BIC-TCP and is designed to be less aggressive and fairer to TCP in
bandwidth usage than BIC-TCP while maintaining the strengths of BIC-
TCP such as stability, window scalability and RTT fairness.  Through
extensive testing in various Internet scenarios, we believe that
CUBIC is safe for deployment and testing in the global Internet.  The
intent of this document is to provide the protocol specification of
CUBIC for a third party implementation and solicit the community
feedback through experimentation on the performance of CUBIC.  We
expect this document to be eventually published as an experimental
RFC.Terminology

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rhee-tcpm-cubic-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt