Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-whittle-ivip4-etr-addr-forw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Ivip4 ETR Address Forwarding
	Author(s)	: R. Whittle
	Filename	: draft-whittle-ivip4-etr-addr-forw-01.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2008-8-22
	
ETR Address Forwarding (EAF) is a novel method by which an IPv4 Core-
   Edge Separation solution to the Internet's routing scaling problem
   can tunnel packets from an ITR to an ETR.  EAF involves using 31 bits
   of the IPv4 header for new purposes: bit 48, the More Fragments flag,
   the Fragment Offset field and the Header Checksum field.
   Consequently, packets in this format need to be handled by routers
   with modified functionality.  EAF is an alternative to encapsulation
   (map-encap) or address translation (Six/One Router) and has
   advantages including: simpler ITRs and ETRs, direct support for
   conventional RFC 1191 PMTUD, no encapsulation overhead and full
   compatibility with IPsec AH and Traceroute.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-whittle-ivip4-etr-addr-forw-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt