Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 04:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Inter-Domain Routing Requirements and History
	Author(s)       : E. Davies, A. Doria
	Filename        : draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2008-08-08

This document analyses the state of the Internet domain-based routing
system, concentrating on Inter-Domain Routing (IDR) and also
considering the relationship between inter-domain and intra-domain
routing.  The analysis is carried out with respect to RFC 1126 and
other IDR requirements and design efforts looking at the routing
system as it appeared to be in 2001 with editorial additions
reflecting developments up to 2006.  It is the companion document to
"A Set of Possible Requirements for a Future Routing Architecture"
[I-D.irtf-routing-reqs], which is a discussion of requirements for
the future routing architecture, addressing systems developments and
future routing protocols.  This document summarizes discussions held
several years ago by members of the IRTF Routing Research Group (IRTF
RRG) and other interested parties.  The document is published with
the support of the IRTF RRG as a record of the work completed at that
time, but with the understanding that it does not necessarily
represent either the latest technical understanding or the technical
concensus of the research group at the date of publication.

[Note to RFC Editor: Please replace the reference in the abstract

with a non-reference quoting the RFC number of the companion

document when it is allocated, i.e., '(RFC xxxx)' and remove this

note.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt