Subject: I-D Action:draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A New BGP Standards Action Community, LAST_RESORT
	Author(s)       : B. Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-08-20

This Internet Draft describes a new Standards Action BGP community,
LAST_RESORT.

This community provides a simple and easily deployable solution to a
certain class of BGP "wedgies".

Initial deployment is expected to be achieved by voluntary use in the
network operator community-at-large.
Long-term adoption via software enforcement of the community, will
improve global behavior, and simplify router configurations.

The Standards Action range of communities (previously limited to the
"well-known" communities) ensures that the expectation of (eventual)
router support is reasonable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt