Subject: I-D Action:draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SASL Mechanism for External Authentication using Channel Bindings: EXTERNAL-CHANNEL
	Author(s)       : S. Josefsson
	Filename        : draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-08-05

This document describes a way to perform end-user authentication in
the Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework which
re-use an external security layer (such as the Transport Layer
Security (TLS) protocol) that may have already completed end-user
authentication.  In comparison with the existing EXTERNAL mechanism,
this mechanism offers a way to cryptographically bind the
authentication to the security layer via a channel binding.  The
EXTERNAL-CHANNEL mechanism alleviates the a priori assumptions made
by the design of the EXTERNAL mechanism.

See <http://josefsson.org/external-channel/> for more information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt