Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sanjib-private-vlan-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Cisco Systems' Private VLANs: Scalable Security in a Multi-Client Environment
	Author(s)	: S. HomChaudhuri, M. Foschiano
	Filename	: draft-sanjib-private-vlan-10.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2008-8-19
	
This document describes a mechanism to achieve device isolation 
   through the application of special Layer 2 forwarding constraints. 
   Such mechanism allows end devices to share the same IP subnet while 
   being Layer 2 isolated, which in turn allows network designers to 
   employ larger subnets and so reduce the address management overhead. 
    
   Some of the numerous deployment scenarios of the aforementioned 
   mechanism (which range from data center designs to Ethernet-to-the-
   home basement networks) are mentioned in the following to exemplify 
   its possible usages; however, this document is not intended to cover 
   all such deployment scenarios nor delve into their details.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanjib-private-vlan-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt