Subject: I-D Action:draft-bierman-netconf-with-defaults-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : With-defaults capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
	Filename        : draft-bierman-netconf-with-defaults-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-08-26

The NETCONF protocol defines ways to read configuration data from a
NETCONF agent.  Part of this data is not set by the NETCONF manager,
but rather set to a default value by the NETCONF agent.  In many
situations the NETCONF manager has a priori knowledge about this
data, so the NETCONF agent does not need to send it to the manager.
In other situations the NETCONF manger will need this data as part of
the NETCONF rpc reply messages.  This document defines a capability-
based extension to the NETCONF protocol that allows the NETCONF
manager to control whether default values are part of NETCONF rpc
reply messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bierman-netconf-with-defaults-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt