Subject: I-D Action:draft-toutain-6lowpan-ra-suppression-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 05:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery Suppression
	Author(s)       : L. Toutain, et al.
	Filename        : draft-toutain-6lowpan-ra-suppression-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-08-20

The 6LoWPAN IETF working group is developing protocols to allow IPv6
end-to-end communication with sensors networks.  Low-power MAC
protocols such as IEEE 802.15.4 impose a slightly reduced frame size.
To enable IPv6 communication, 6LoWPAN proposes to use fragmentation
and header compression techniques.  This document proposes an
extension to the 6LoWPAN proposal and defines a class of sensors that
can be joined at the network level while ignoring their own global
IPv6 address.  This architecture centralizes the address management
on the sensor network gateway (the PAN Coordinator) and allows the
suppression of the Neighbor Discovery Protocol.  Consequently, the
insertion of sensors in such a network is faster and the traffic
within the network, largely composed of broadcast messages generated
by Neighbor Discovery Protocol, is reduced.  We investigate the
impact of this architecture on star and mesh topologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-toutain-6lowpan-ra-suppression-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt