Subject: I-D Action:draft-vyncke-http-server-64aware-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Connectivity Check and Redirection by HTTP Servers
	Author(s)       : E. Vyncke
	Filename        : draft-vyncke-http-server-64aware-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-09-17

Rather than forcing the client to decide whether IPv4 or IPv6 is more
convenient to reach a web server; this document proposes to let the
web server check whether there is IPv6 connectivity to the client;
then the web server can do a HTTP redirect to the force the client to
use IPv6.

This is done easily by a script within the server HTML pages and does
not require any change in the client applications or configuration.
The client still can control whether he/she wants to enabled IPv6.

This draft could be discussed on the Applications Discuss mailing
list, https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vyncke-http-server-64aware-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt