Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Early Retransmit for TCP and SCTP
	Author(s)	: M. Allman, K. Avrachenkov, U. Ayesta, E. Blanton, P. Hurtig
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2008-8-28
	
This document proposes a new mechanism for TCP and SCTP that can be
    used to recover lost segments when a connection's congestion window
    is small.  The "Early Retransmit" mechanism allows the transport to
    reduce, in certain special circumstances, the number of duplicate
    acknowledgments required to trigger a fast retransmission.  This
    allows the transport to use fast retransmit to recover packet losses
    that would otherwise require a lengthy retransmission timeout.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt