Subject: I-D Action:draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reduced Backus-Naur Form (RBNF) A Syntax Used in Various Protocol Specifications
	Author(s)       : A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-09-12

Several protocols have been specified using a common variant of the
Backus-Naur Form (BNF) of representing message syntax. However, there
is no formal definition of this version of BNF.

There is value in using the same variant of BNF for the set of
protocols that are commonly used together. This reduces confusion and
simplifies implementation.

Updating existing documents to use some other variant of BNF that is
already formally documented would be a substantial piece of work.

This document provides a formal definition of the variant of BNF that
has been used (that we call Reduced BNF), and makes it available for
use by new protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt