Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-overlap-fragment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Handling of overlapping IPv6 fragments
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-overlap-fragment-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2008-09-22

The fragmentation and reassembly algorithm specified in the base IPv6
specification allows fragments to overlap.  This document
demonstrates the security issues with allowing overlapping fragments
and updates the IPv6 specification to explicitly forbid overlapping
fragments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-overlap-fragment-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt