Subject: I-D Action:draft-francis-idr-intra-va-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : FIB Suppression with Virtual Aggregation and Default Routes
	Author(s)       : P. Francis, et al.
	Filename        : draft-francis-idr-intra-va-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2008-09-15

The continued growth in the Default Free Routing Table (DFRT)
stresses the global routing system in a number of ways.  One of the
most costly stresses is FIB size: ISPs often must upgrade router
hardware simply because the FIB has run out of space, and router
vendors must design routers that have adequate FIB.  FIB suppression
is an approach to relieving stress on the FIB by NOT loading selected
RIB entries into the FIB.  This document specifies two styles of FIB
suppression.  Edge suppression (ES) allows ISPs that deploy a core-
edge topology to shrink the FIBs of their edge routers, including
those that interface to other ISPs and exchange the full DFRT.
Virtual Aggregation (VA) allows ISPs to shrink the FIBs of any and
all routers.  Both styles may be deployed autonomously by an ISP
(cooperation between ISPs is not required), and can co-exist with
legacy routers in the ISP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-francis-idr-intra-va-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt