Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous Hop Insertion Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-09-15

This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
Bundle Protocol [2] within the context of a Delay-Tolerant Network
architecture [4].  This Previous Hop Insertion Block is designed to
be inserted by a forwarding node to provide information to its next-
hop receiving node.  This block is always removed from the bundle by
the receiving node so that it's duration within the bundle lasts for
exactly one hop.  It provides a general insertion capability to
enable any node that forwards a bundle to insert an arbitrary record
(or records) of information into the bundle.  While this block is
defined to provide an arbitrary insertion capability, this
specification also defines two specific, mandatory, information
record formats for the information that may be carried in the
Previous Hop Insertion block.  Using these mandatory information
record formats, an insertion block may be used to indicate the
inserting/forwarding node's endpoint ID (EID), which may be required
in some circumstances to support certain routing protocols (e.g.,
flood routing).  This document defines the format and processing of
this Previous Hop Insertion Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt