Subject: I-D Action:draft-shafer-netmod-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Architecture for Network Management
	Author(s)       : P. Shafer
	Filename        : draft-shafer-netmod-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-09-04

NETCONF and YANG are pieces of an ambitious plan to improve network
management.  NETCONF gives access to native capabilities of the
devices within a network, defining methods for manipulating
configuration databases, retrieving operational data, and invoking
specific operations.  YANG provides the means to define the content
trafficked via NETCONF, both data and operations.  Using both
technologies, the standards modules can be defined to give
interoperability and commonality to devices, while still allowing
devices to express their unique capabilities.

This document describes how NETCONF and YANG help build network
management applications that meet the needs of network services
providers.  An architecture is described which is friendly to both
devices and applications, to vendors and standards bodies, to young
and to old, to red states and to blue states.  It's a startling
vision, coming to networks near you starting August, 2009.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shafer-netmod-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt