Subject: I-D Action:draft-pmohapat-idr-fast-conn-restore-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Fast Connectivity Restoration Using BGP Add-path
	Author(s)       : P. Mohapatra, et al.
	Filename        : draft-pmohapat-idr-fast-conn-restore-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-09-27

A BGP route defines an association of an address prefix with an "exit
point" from the current Autonomous System (AS).  If the exit point
becomes unreachable due to a failure, the route becomes invalid.
This usually triggers an exchange of BGP control messages after which
a new BGP route for the given prefix is installed.  However,
connectivity can be restored more quickly if the router maintains
precomputed BGP backup routes.  It can then switch to a backup route
immediately upon learning that an exit point is unreachable, without
needing to wait for the BGP control messages exchange.  This document
specifies the procedures to be used by BGP to maintain and distribute
the precomputed backup routes.  Maintaining these additional routes
is also useful in promoting load balancing, performing maintenance
without causing traffic loss, and in reducing churn in the BGP
control plane.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pmohapat-idr-fast-conn-restore-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt