Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: VPLS Interoperability with CE Bridges
	Author(s)	: D. Mohan, A. Sajassi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2008-9-29
	
One of the main motivations behind VPLS is its ability to provide 
   connectivity not only among customer routers and servers/hosts but 
   also among customer IEEE bridges. VPLS is expected to deliver the 
   same level of service that current enterprise users are accustomed 
   to from their own enterprise bridged networks or their Ethernet 
   Service Providers. 
    
   When CE devices are IEEE bridges, then there are certain issues and 
   challenges that need to be accounted for in a VPLS network. The 
   majority of these issues have currently been addressed in the IEEE 
   802.1ad standard for provider bridges and they can be leveraged for 
   VPLS networks. This draft extends the PE model described in RFC 4664 based on IEEE 802.1ad bridge module and illustrates a clear 
   demarcation between IEEE bridge module and IETF LAN emulation 
   module. By doing so, it describes that the majority of 
   interoperability issues with CE bridges can be delegated to 802.1ad 
   bridge module, thus removing the burden on IETF LAN emulation module 
   within a VPLS PE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt