Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-sam-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence Scenarios based on Stateless Address Mapping
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-sam-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-09-28

As each global IPv4 address will be shared among more and more
customers, and as more and more NATs will be deployed in ISP
infrastructures, the lack of end-to-end transparency and the limited
scalability of some NATs are likely to cause increasing difficulties
to customers and to ISPs.  This document introduces IPv4-IPv6
coexistence scenarios where IPv4 addresses are shared with good
scalability and, in favorable configurations, with full IPv4 end-to-
end transparency.  For this, the key tool is the Stateless Address
Mapping (SAM) of draft-despres-SAM-00, with in particular its
extended IPv4 addressing (IPv4E) in which port prefixes are used as
IPv4 address extensions.  For each considered scenario, Static
Address Mappers (SAMs) are deployed at scenario specific places.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-sam-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt