Subject: I-D Action:draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 03:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : sNAT-PT: Simplified Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation
	Author(s)       : H. Miyata, M. Endo
	Filename        : draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-09-08

This document specifies an IPv4-to-IPv6 transition mechanism to 
provide accessibility for IPv6 node to IPv4 node, and vice-versa.
The goal of this document is not providing the most fundamental 
technology which could works well with additional technology.
We used to have an technology called NAT-PT[RFC2766]. NAT-PT was 
designed to work with problematic DNS Application Level Gateway. So,
it was changed to historical state by [RFC4966].
This document attempts to simplify NAT-PT specification, removing 
dependability on Application Layer Gateway as well as resolving
problems pointed in [RFC4966].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt