Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The DCCP Service Code
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-07.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-09-19

This document describes the usage of Service Codes by the Datagram 
Congestion Control Protocol, RFC 4340. It motivates the setting of a 
Service Code by applications. Service Codes provide a method to 
identify the intended service/application to process a DCCP 
connection request. This provides improved flexibility in the use and 
assignment of port numbers for connection multiplexing. The use of a 
DCCP Service Code can also enable more explicit coordination of 
services with middleboxes (e.g. network address translators and 
firewalls). It updates the specification provided in RFC 4340.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt