Subject: I-D Action:draft-geib-baseline-encoding-3state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 03:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling 3 PCN states with baseline encoding
	Author(s)       : R. Geib
	Filename        : draft-geib-baseline-encoding-3state-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-09-19

Layer 2 transport services like MPLS offer only 2 states to encode
ECN state, if DiffServ based Class of Service is operated.  Still, a
mechanism by which PCN egress nodes can differentiate between the
normal behaviour state, admission stop state control state and flow
termination state, by using PCN marking of packets is desirable.
This document describes how threshold and excess marking can be
combined with PCN baseline encoding.  A minimalistic approach like
the one described in the following has some obvious shortcomings.
These shortcomings are also presented and discussed.  Currently, the
aim of this document is to trigger experimentation feasability
studies.  Standardisation will be pursued in the future based on the
results of the studies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-geib-baseline-encoding-3state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt