Subject: I-D Action:draft-digital-signature-system-deployment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Approach to Digital Signature Systems Deployment
	Author(s)       : J. Marchioni, Y. Itzhaki
	Filename        : draft-digital-signature-system-deployment-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-09-30

Conventional deployments store keys on PC hard disks, application- 
server hard disks, or in tokens, and also introduce complications  
for user enrollment and management.  User and administrator  
frustration with the conventional approach has cramped development  
of a market for PKI.  As a result, PKI has not reached its  
utilization potential and is far from becoming ubiquitous. 
 
This document describes architecture for deployment of secure and  
efficient digital signature capabilities based on a centralized key- 
management approach and emphasizes the importance of not disrupting  
existing identity and authentication management and application  
infrastructure.  An alternative architecture is documented here so  
that PKI deployments will lower their associated administrative  
burdens and deliver improved scalability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-digital-signature-system-deployment-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt