Subject: I-D Action:draft-thubert-nina-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 02:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network In Node Advertisement
	Author(s)       : P. Thubert, C. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-thubert-nina-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-09-12

The Internet is evolving to become a more ubiquitous network, driven
by the low prices of wireless routers and access points and by the
users' requirements of connectivity anytime and anywhere.  For that
reason, a cloud of nodes connected by wireless technology is being
created at the edge of the Internet.  We refer to this cloud as a
Fringe Stub (FS).  It is expected that networking in the FS will be
highly unmanaged and ad-hoc, but at the same time will need to offer
excellent service availability.  The NEMO Basic Support protocol
could be used to provide global reachability for a mobile access
network within the FS and the Tree-Discovery mechanism could be used
to avoid the formation of loops in this highly unmanaged structure.
Since Internet connectivity in mobile scenarios can be costly,
limited or unavailable, there is a need to enable local routing
between the Mobile Routers within a portion of the FS.  This form of
local routing is useful for Route Optimization (RO) between Mobile
Routers that are communicating directly in a portion of the FS.

Network In Node Advertisement (NINA) is the second of a 2-passes
routing protocol; a first pass, Tree Discovery, builds a loop-less
structure -- a tree --, and the second pass, NINA, exposes the Mobile
Network Prefixes (MNPs) up the tree.  The protocol operates as a
multi-hop extension of Neighbor Discovery (ND), to populate TD-based
trees with prefixes, and establish routes towards the MNPs down the
tree, from the root-MR towards the MR that owns the prefix, whereas
the default route is oriented towards the root-MR.

The NINA protocol introduces a new option in the ND Neighbor
Advertisement (NA), the Network In Node Option (NINO).  An NA with
NINO(s) is called a NINA (Network In Node Advertisement).  NINA is
designed for a hierarchical model, and by using this NA based
approach it abstracts the embedded network of a Mobile Router as a
host to the upper level of network abstraction.  With NINA, a Mobile
Router presents its sub-tree to its parent as an embedded network and
hides the inner topology and movements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nina-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt