Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : FTP EXTENSION ALLOWING IP FORWARDING (NATs)
	Author(s)       : M. Rosenau
	Filename        : draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-09-18

The FTP protocol [1] needs two connections. A control and a data
connection. Using networks with "port forwarding" (eg. SSH, DSL
routers, VPN etc.) there is often only the possibility for the
server to listen on only one TCP port. In such networks the
traditional FTP protocol cannot be used.

This memo describes an extension to the FTP protocol that allows the
use of FTP using only one TCP port number for both control
connections and passive-mode data connections.

The extension can also be used to use the FTP protocol over network
protocols that do not have a "port" concept (such as the NetBIOS
protocol).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt