Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-measure-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SNMP Traffic Measurements and Trace Exchange Formats
	Author(s)       : 
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-measure-06.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-09-16

The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is widely deployed to
monitor, control and (sometimes also) configure network elements.
Even though the SNMP technology is well documented, it remains
relatively unclear how SNMP is used in practice and what typical SNMP
usage patterns are.

This document describes an approach to carrying out large scale SNMP
traffic measurements in order to develop a better understanding how
SNMP is used in real world production networks.  It describes the
motivation, the measurement approach, and the tools and data formats
needed to carry out such a study.

This document was produced within the IRTF's Network Management
Research Group (NMRG) and represents the consensus of all of the
active contributors to this group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-measure-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt