Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Operational issues with Tiny Fragments in IPv6
	Author(s)	: V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2008-9-9
	
IPv6 fragmentation allows fragments to be sent only by the source of
   a  packet. The Fragment  header is used by an IPv6 source to send a 
   packet larger than would fit in the path MTU to its   destination. 

   Firewalls generally use 5-tuples to filter out packets. However there
   are cases where  fragmentation can be used to disguise TCP  packets 
   from IP filters used in routers and hosts. This document specifies
   where tiny fragments can be issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt