Subject: I-D Action:draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ZRTP: Media Path Key Agreement for Secure RTP
	Author(s)       : P. Zimmermann, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-09.txt
	Pages           : 91
	Date            : 2008-09-28

This document defines ZRTP, a protocol for media path Diffie-Hellman
exchange to agree on a session key and parameters for establishing
Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions.  The ZRTP
protocol is media path keying because it is multiplexed on the same
port as RTP and does not require support in the signaling protocol.
ZRTP does not assume a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or require the
complexity of certificates in end devices.  For the media session,
ZRTP provides confidentiality, protection against man-in-the-middle
(MITM) attacks, and, in cases where a secret is available from the
signaling protocol, authentication.  ZRTP can utilize a Session
Description Protocol (SDP) attribute to provide discovery and
authentication through the signaling channel.  To provide best effort
SRTP, ZRTP utilizes normal RTP/AVP profiles.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt