Subject: I-D Action:draft-patil-dhc-apn-attachtype-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCP options for Access Point Name and attach type indication
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, K. Chowdhury
	Filename        : draft-patil-dhc-apn-attachtype-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-10-27

Cellular data networks which are based on 3GPP standards use the
concept of Access Point Name.  A mobile node which attaches via a
3GPP access network indicates thru layer 2 signaling the access point
name to which connectivity is desired.  This document specifies a
DHCP option which enables the mobile node to request the access point
name in DHCP messages.  A mobile node whose mobility is managed by
the network using Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol may perform a handover
from one access technology to another.  A DHCP option which enables
the host to indicate if the attachment via the new interface is a
handover or another connction is also specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-dhc-apn-attachtype-options-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt