Subject: I-D Action:draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Issues related to the design choice of IPsec for Mobile IPv6 security
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, et al.
	Filename        : draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-10-27

Mobile IPv6 as specified in RFC3775 relies on IPsec for security.  An
IPsec SA between the mobile node and the home agent provides security
for the mobility signaling.  Use of IPsec for securing the data
traffic between the mobile node and home agent is optional.  This
document analyses the implications of the design decision to mandate
IPsec as the default security protocol for Mobile IPv6 and recommends
revisiting this decision in view of the experience gained from
implementation and adoption in other standards bodies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt