Subject: I-D Action:draft-elwell-sip-identity-handling-ua-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 04:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Identity Handling at a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent
	Author(s)       : J. Elwell
	Filename        : draft-elwell-sip-identity-handling-ua-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-10-01

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agents (UA) receive
identifiers for the caller and callee during call establishment.
These identifiers can come in a variety of forms, can be delivered by
a variety of means, and may or may not be accompanied by evidence of
authenticity.  Furthermore, if media are secured (e.g., using the
Secure Real-Time Protocol, SRTP), the security properties of the
media will depend on binding the media to a received authenticated
identifier.  This document examines the various identification
information a UA can receive during call establishment and how a user
agent can use this information to present a caller or callee
identifier to the user and indicate to the user the security
properties of the call, as well as how the user agent might use this
information for other purposes, such as authorizing acceptance of a
call.

This work is being discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sip-identity-handling-ua-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt