Subject: I-D Action:draft-cao-pwe3-setup-over-bidir-lsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Setup of Pseudowires over bi-directional LSP
	Author(s)       : W. Cao
	Filename        : draft-cao-pwe3-setup-over-bidir-lsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-10-27

In MPLS and MPLS-TE environments pseudo wires use two unidirectional 
LSPs as PSN tunnels, the two PEs select LSP tunnels independently. In 
contrast the MPLS-TP environment supports both bidirectional and 
unidirectional LSPs and PWE may, therefore, use bidirectional LSPs as 
PSN tunnels.

In order to use MPLS-TP bidirectional LSPs as a PSN tunnels for 
pseudo wires some modification of the pseudowire signaling procedures 

 is required. This draft specifies an extension to LDP that ensures 
pseudo-wires are correctly constructed over bi-directional LSPs.  

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-pwe3-setup-over-bidir-lsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt