Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 06:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IKEv2 SA Synchronization for session resumption
	Author(s)       : Y. Xu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-10-07

It will take a long time and mass computation to do session
resumption among IKE/IPsec gateways possibly maintaining huge numbers
of IKEv2/IPsec SAs, when the serving gateway fails or over-loaded.
The major reason is that the prcocedure of IKEv2 SA re-establishment
will incur a time-consuming computation especially in the Diffie-
Hellman exchange.  In this draft, a new IKE security associations
synchronization solution is proposed to do fast IKE SA session
resumption by directly transferring the indexed IKE SA (named stub)
from old gateway to new gateway, wherein the most expensive Diffie-
Hellman calculation can be avoided.  Without some time-consuming
IKEv2 exchanges, the huge amount of IKE/IPsec SA session resumption
procedures can be finished in a short time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-ike-sa-sync-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt