Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zimmer-dhc-dhcpv6-remote-boot-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: DHCPv6 Remote Boot Options
	Author(s)	: V. Zimmer, D. Thaler
	Filename	: draft-zimmer-dhc-dhcpv6-remote-boot-options-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2008-10-25
	
This document describes a means by which to support network boot of a 
   bare-metal platform utilizing a pre-boot execution environment, such 
   as the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface [UEFI22].   The problem 
   being addressed is that the PXE [PXE21] and UEFI Specifications 
   [UEFI22] only describe how to ascertain boot configuration options 
   using DHCPv4 [RFC2131], not for DHCPv6 [RFC3315].  Similarly, iSCSI 
   boot [RFC4173] does not specify how to discover boot device 
   information in an DHCPv6 environment.   This document will describe 
   how to ascertain this boot information in an IPv6 environment 
   utilizing options in the DHCPv6 hand-off [RFC3315]. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmer-dhc-dhcpv6-remote-boot-options-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt