Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-dangerous-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Use of IP Router Alert Considered Dangerous 
	Author(s)	: R. Rahman, D. Ward
	Filename	: draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-dangerous-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2008-10-17
	
This document provides guidelines to address security concerns which 
arise with the use of IP Router Alert option [RFC2113] and [RFC2711]. 
RSVP,[RFC2205] and [RFC3209], and IGMP [RFC3376] are some of the 
protocols which make use of the IP Router Alert option. IP datagrams 
carrying the Router Alert option are usually examined in a router's 
"slow path" and an excess of such datagrams can cause performance 
degradation or packet drops in a router's "slow path". 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-dangerous-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt