Subject: I-D Action:draft-ng-intarea-tunnel-loop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tunnel Loops and its Detection
	Author(s)       : C. Ng, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ng-intarea-tunnel-loop-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-10-26

Many protocols in the Internet Protocol suite use packet
encapsulations.  This runs into the danger of forming a tunnel loop.
Since each tunnel entry point encapsulates the inner packet with a
tunnel packet header that contains a new hop count, a packet entering
a tunnel loop may be routed infinitely, consuming network resources.
Although there exist methods to cause a packet in a tunnel loop to be
discarded eventually, it would be more desirable to detect the
presence of a tunnel loop and act accordingly.  This draft explores
the possibility for tunnel entry points to detect the presence of a
tunnel loop by using an extra identifier tagged to the outer packet
header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-intarea-tunnel-loop-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt