Subject: I-D Action:draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-mmbr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 00:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Address Autoconfiguration for the subordinate MANET with Multiple MBRs
	Author(s)       : J. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-mmbr-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-10-28

In order to allow the subordinate MANET to be connected to the 
external network, the MANET border router (MBR) has been defined. For 
providing scalability and reliability to the subordinate MANET, 
multiple MBRs may be deployed. One of the issues on the subordinate 
MANET with multiple MBRs is which network prefixes are to be 
advertised by MBRs. In the case when MBRs advertise different network 
prefixes, if a MANET node changes its default MBR to a new one, the 
node may have to transmit packets via non-optimal paths to keep using 
the existing connection to the previous MBR, or change its address by 
using the network prefix information from the new MBR. In the latter 
case, on-going sessions can be terminated because of the address 
change. In this draft, we define a PMIPv6 based address 
autoconfiguration mechanism that enables MANET nodes to operate 
properly when all MBRs advertise the same network prefix in the 
subordinate MANET.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-mmbr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt