Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework for the Control and Measurement of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-10-26

The operation of optical networks can require a level of detail in 
the characterization of network elements, subsystems, devices, and 
cabling not typically encountered with other networking technologies. 
In addition, these physical characteristics may be important to 
consider during typical day-to-day operations such as optical path 
establishment and connection monitoring, as well as during the 
network planning, installation, and turn-up phases. This document 
discusses how the definition and characterization of optical fiber, 
devices, subsystems, and network elements contained in various ITU-T 
recommendations can be combined with common control and measurement 
plane and path computation element technologies to support impairment 
aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA) in optical networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt