Subject: I-D Action:draft-goyal-ospf-lsacorr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LSA Correlation to Schedule Routing Table Calculations
	Author(s)       : M. Goyal, et al.
	Filename        : draft-goyal-ospf-lsacorr-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-10-27

OSPF requires a router to recalculate its routing table whenever it
receives a new router or network LSA.  However, a topology change,
such as a router down event, may cause a number of new LSAs to be
generated.  These LSAs may arrive at a router at different times.  In
order to avoid several routing table calculations in quick succession
in such cases, commercial routers enforce a hold time between
successive routing table calculations.  The hold time based schemes,
while limiting the number of routing table calculations, may also
cause undesirable delays in convergence to the topology change.  This
ID describes an alternate approach to schedule routing table
calculations, called LSA Correlation.  Rather than using individual
LSAs as triggers for routing table calculations, LSA Correlation
scheme correlates the information in the LSAs to identify the
topology change.  A routing table calculation can be performed when
the topology change has been identified, which could span multiple
LSAs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goyal-ospf-lsacorr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt