Subject: I-D Action:draft-pskim-ippm-nemo-measurement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Measuring IP Performance Metrics on Mobile Network
	Author(s)       : P. Kim, S. Shin
	Filename        : draft-pskim-ippm-nemo-measurement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-10-26

In this draft, the new measurement scheme of IP performance metrics 
is proposed for the mobile network in heterogeneous wireless network 
environment. In the proposed scheme, all mobile nodes (MNs) inside 
the mobile network can get IP performance metrics irrespective of 
the presence or absence of measurement functionality. That is, the 
proposed scheme does not require the MN to be involved in measuring 
IP performance metrics. The multihomed mobile router (MR) with 
heterogeneous wireless interfaces measures IP performance metrics 
on behalf of the MNs inside the mobile network. Then, when MNs want 
to understand the condition of multiple communication paths, MNs can 
get measured IP performance metrics from the MR using L3 messages. 
The proposed scheme can reduce burden and power consumption of MNs 
with limited resource and battery power since MNs don't measure 
directly IP performance metrics. In addition, the proposed scheme 
can reduce considerably traffic overhead over wireless links on 
measurement paths since signaling messages and injected testing 
traffic are reduced.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pskim-ippm-nemo-measurement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt