Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pkix-cms-content-constraints-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Content Constraints X.509 Certificate Extension
	Author(s)       : R. Housley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pkix-cms-content-constraints-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2008-10-06

This document specifies the syntax and semantics for the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) content constraints X.509
certificate extension.  This extension is used to determine whether
the public key in an X.509 public key certificate is appropriate to
use in the processing of a protected content.  In particular, the CMS
content constraints certificate extension is one part of the
authorization decision; it is used when validating a digital
signature on a CMS SignedData content or validating a message
authentication code (MAC) on a CMS AuthenticatedData content or CMS
AuthEnvelopedData content.  The signed or authenticated content type
is identified by an ASN.1 object identifier, and this certificate
extension indicates the content types that the certified public key
is authorized to validate.  If the authorization check is successful,
the CMS content constraints certificate extension also provides
default values for absent attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cms-content-constraints-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt