Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 03:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-02.txt
	Author(s)       : D. Caviglia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-10-31

We would like to dedicate this work to our friend and colleague Dino
Bramanti, who passed away at the early age of 38.  Dino has been
involved in this work since its beginning.

In a transport network scenario, where Data Plane connections
controlled either by GMPLS Control Plane (Soft Permanent Connections
- SPC) or by Management System (Permanent Connections - PC) may
independently coexist, the ability of transforming an existing PC
into a SPC and vice versa - without actually affecting Data Plane
traffic being carried over it - is a requirement.  See draft
"draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-and-reqs-04.txt [1].  This memo provides a minor
extension to RSVP-TE [RFC2205], [RFC3471], [RFC3473], [RFC4872]
signaling protocol, within GMPLS architecture, to enable such
connection ownership transfer and describes the proposed procedures.
Failure conductions and subsequent roll back are also illustrated
taking into account that an handover failure must not impact the
already established data plane connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt