Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-hmac-sha-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF HMAC-SHA Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-hmac-sha-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2008-10-21
	
This document describes a mechanism for authenticating OSPF packets 
   by making use of the HMAC algorithm in conjunction with the SHA 
   family of cryptographic hash functions. Because of the way the hash 
   functions are used in HMAC construction, the collision attacks 
   currently known against SHA-1 do not apply. 
    
   This will be done in addition to the already documented 
   authentication schemes described in the base specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-hmac-sha-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt