Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Marking behaviour of PCN-nodes
	Author(s)       : P. Eardley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-10-20

This document standardises the two marking behaviours of PCN-nodes:
threshold marking and excess traffic marking.  Threshold marking
marks all PCN-packets if the PCN traffic rate is greater than its
configured rate.  Excess traffic marking marks a proportion of PCN-
packets, such that the amount marked equals the traffic rate in
excess of its configured rate.  Setting the configured rates below
the physical link rates enables PCN-nodes to provide information to
support admission control and flow termination in order to protect
the quality of service of established inelastic flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt