Subject: I-D Action:draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual IPv6 Connectivity for IPv4-Only Networks
	Author(s)       : C. Vogt, A. Durand
	Filename        : draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-10-27

This document proposes Virtual IPv6 Connectivity, a method for
deployment in IPv4-only networks to enable communications with the
IPv6 Internet.  Virtual IPv6 Connectivity uses IP protocol
translation to support both incoming traffic from IPv6 to IPv4, and
outgoing traffic from IPv4 to IPv6.  Communications initiated into
the latter direction are facilitated through DNS or DNSSEC proxies.
Different than existing IPv4/IPv6 interworking techniques, which are
for deployment in IPv6 networks, Virtual IPv6 Connectivity does not
require extra, globally unique IPv4 addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt