Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-rai-modest-proposal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Modest Proposal for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Work in the IETF
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-rai-modest-proposal-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-10-26

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) has become widely deployed on
the Internet, covering a wide range of usages from toll bypass to
instant messaging, from service provider to enterprise.  However, its
realization in actual deployments differs in important ways from the
specifications.  This has created a gulf between existing and ongoing
standards work, and real live deployments.  This document argues that
the RAI area should focus on solving real world interoperability
issues and address real world functional gaps.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-rai-modest-proposal-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt