Subject: I-D Action:draft-ymbk-aplusp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The A+P Approach to the Broadband Provider IPv4 Address Shortage
	Author(s)       : O. Maennel, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-aplusp-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-10-27

We are facing the exhaustion of the IANA IPv4 free IP address pool.
Unfortunately, IPv6 is not yet deployed widely enough to fully
replace IPv4, and it is unrealistic to expect that this is going to
change before we run out of IPv4 addresses.  Letting hosts seamlessly
communicate in an IPv4-world without assigning a unique globally
routable IPv4 address to each of them is a challenging problem, for
which many solutions have been proposed.  Some prominent ones involve
carrier-grade-NATs (CGN), which have been shown to provide an
inadequate experience to IPv4 users and enshrine a walled garden in
the core of the provider.  Instead, we propose using specialized NATs
at the consumer premises equipment (CPE) edge which treat some of the
port number bits as part of an extended IPv4 address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-aplusp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt