Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barnes-periodic-location-retrieval-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Periodic Retrieval of Location Information by Devices and Location Information Servers
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-barnes-periodic-location-retrieval-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-10-27
	
The base HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) protocol includes
   options for retrieving location information from a LIS by a Device.
   Some networks require the ability for the device to periodically
   request location information from the LIS and/or for the LIS to
   periodically request location information from the device.
   Extensions to base HELD allow a Device to establish a context with a
   LIS and negotiate capabilities of the Device in terms of providing
   location information.  The measurement extensions to base HELD allow
   the LIS to request location information from a Device.  This document
   provides an overview of the requirements and a solution using HELD
   and HELD extensions to support the periodic request of location information, both by a Device from an LIS and by the LIS from a
   Device, depending upon the specific scenario and measurement
   capabilities of the Device.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-periodic-location-retrieval-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt