Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-imdn-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Instant Message Disposition Notification
	Author(s)       : E. Burger, H. Khartabil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-simple-imdn-09.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2008-10-19

Instant Messaging (IM) refers to the transfer of messages between
users in real-time.  This document provides a mechanism whereby
endpoints can request Instant Message Disposition Notifications
(IMDN), including delivery, processing, and displayed notifications,
for page-mode instant messages.

The Common Profile for Instant Messaging (CPIM) data format specified
in RFC 3862 is extended with new header fields that enable endpoints
to request IMDNs.  A new message format is also defined to convey
IMDNs.
This document also describes how SIP entities behave using this
extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-imdn-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt