Subject: I-D Action:draft-lowekamp-mmusic-ice-tcp-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Proposal to Define Interactive Connectivity Establishment for the Transport Control Protocol (ICE-TCP) as an Extensible Framework
	Author(s)       : A. Roach, B. Lowekamp
	Filename        : draft-lowekamp-mmusic-ice-tcp-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-10-23

The ICE-TCP mechanism is currently regarded as of limited usefulness
due to the low success rate of TCP simultaneous open for NAT
traversal.  This document presents a vision of the ICE-TCP document
as an extensible framework for negotiating a variety of approaches
for establishing a TCP connection between NATed hosts.  This document
further proposes significantly extending the current set of
collection mechanisms to encompass a wide variety of technologies
that are currently available, including UPnP, SOCKS, and Teredo.
Because several of these technologies are already widely deployed,
the direct connection rate should be significantly higher than using
straight TCP alone.  We envision that as future TCP connection
establishment techniques are developed, they too will specify an ICE
encoding that will allow their negotiation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lowekamp-mmusic-ice-tcp-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt