Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-sctpnat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address Translation
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-sctpnat-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-10-22

Stream Control Transmission Protocol [RFC4960] provides a reliable
communications channel between two end-hosts in many ways similar to
TCP [RFC0793].  With the widespread deployment of Network Address
Translators (NAT), specialized code has been added to NAT for TCP
that allows multiple hosts to reside behind a NAT and yet use only a
single globally unique IPv4 address, even when two hosts (behind a
NAT) choose the same port numbers for their connection.  This
additional code is sometimes classified as Network Address and Port
Translation or NAPT.  To date, specialized code for SCTP has NOT yet
been added to most NATs so that only pure NAT is available.  The end
result of this is that only one SCTP capable host can be behind a
NAT.

This document describes an SCTP specific variant of NAT which
provides similar features of NAPT in the single point and multi-point
traversal scenario.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-sctpnat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt