Subject: I-D Action:draft-p2pi-cooper-workshop-report-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Report from the IETF workshop on P2P Infrastructure, May 28, 2008
	Author(s)       : J. Peterson, A. Cooper
	Filename        : draft-p2pi-cooper-workshop-report-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-10-24

This document reports the outcome of a workshop organized by the
Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Directors of the IETF
to discuss network delay and congestion issues resulting from
increased P2P traffic volumes.  The workshop was held on May 28, 2008
at MIT in Cambridge, MA, USA.  The goals of the workshop were
twofold: to understand the technical problems ISPs and end users are
experiencing as a result of high volumes of P2P traffic, and to begin
to understand how the IETF may be helpful in addressing these
problems.  Gaining an understanding of where in the IETF this work
might be pursued and how to extract out feasible work items were
highlighted as important tasks in pursuit of the latter goal.  The
workshop was very well attended and produced several work items that
have since been taken up by members of the IETF community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-p2pi-cooper-workshop-report-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt