Subject: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interface-ps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 02:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiple Interfaced Mobile Nodes in NetLMM
	Author(s)       : M. Jeyatharan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interface-ps-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2008-10-30

The specific mechanism described in the current PMIPv6 draft to
support multihoming is such that a unique prefix is given to each
interface of a Mobile Node (MN) that is attached to the PMIPv6
domain.  However, multihoming can also be provided using same unique
prefix for all interfaces of MN similar to the MONAMI6 (Mobile Nodes
and Multiple Interfaces in IPv6) concept.  This memo explores and
highlights lack of advanced multihoming support and other hand-off
related issues where appropriate in three different mobility
management protocol models for multiple interfaced mobile nodes.
Firstly, when single prefix is allocated for all interfaces of MN in
the PMIPv6 domain.  Secondly, when unique prefix is allocated for
each interface as in PMIPv6 standard protocol model.  Thirdly, when a
multiple interfaced node uses different mobility management
mechanisms for each of its interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interface-ps-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt