Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Basic HIP Extensions for Traversal of Network Address Translators
	Author(s)       : M. Komu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-05.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2008-10-31

This document specifies extensions to the Host Identity Protocol
(HIP) to facilitate Network Address Translator (NAT) traversal.  The
extensions are based on the use of the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment (ICE) methodology to discover a working path between
two end-hosts, and on standard techniques for encapsulating
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) packets within the User Datagram
Protocol (UDP).  This document also defines elements of procedure for
NAT traversal, including the optional use of a HIP relay server.
With these extensions HIP is able to work in environments that have
NATs and provides a generic NAT traversal solution to higher-layer
networking applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt