Subject: I-D Action:draft-jakma-mrai-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Revised Default Values for the BGP 'Minimum Route Advertisement Interval'
	Author(s)       : P. Jakma
	Filename        : draft-jakma-mrai-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-10-21

This document briefly examines what is known about the effects of the
BGP MRAI timer, particularly on convergence.  It highlights published
work which suggests the MRAI interval as deployed has an adverse
effect on the convergence time of BGP.

It then recommends revised, lower default values for the MRAI timer,
thought to be more suited to today's Internet environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jakma-mrai-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt