Subject: I-D Action:draft-weniger-netlmm-mip-pmip-forwarding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 05:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Data forwarding behaviour of co-located HA/LMA in PMIP6-MIP6 interactions scenario C
	Author(s)       : K. Weniger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-weniger-netlmm-mip-pmip-forwarding-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-10-27

In PMIP6-MIP6 interactions scenario C, the HA and LMA are co-located
and a transition between MIP6 and PMIP6 is supported without breaking
the session.  This draft discusses possible data forwarding
behaviours of the co-located HA/LMA in such scenario.  The two
recently discussed options are: 1) data forwarding always according
to the mobile node's MIP6 BCE, if exists, which means that MIP6 BCE
has higher priority than PMIP6 BCE, or 2) data forwarding according
to type of the last received mobility management registration
message, i.e., PMIP6 and MIP6 BCE have equal priority.  It is argued
that option 1) increases handover delay by 1 MN-HA RTT and
implementation complexity of the HA/LMA may be higher.  Hence, it is
proposed that HA/LMA should behave according to option 2, i.e., MIP6
BCE and PMIP6 BCE have same priority and HA/LMA forwards data
according to the type of the last received mobility management
registration message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weniger-netlmm-mip-pmip-forwarding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt