Subject: I-D Action:draft-guy-iax-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IAX: Inter-Asterisk eXchange Version 2
	Author(s)       : M. Spencer, et al.
	Filename        : draft-guy-iax-05.txt
	Pages           : 111
	Date            : 2008-10-05

This document describes IAX, the Inter-Asterisk eXchange protocol, an
application-layer control and media protocol for creating, modifying,
and terminating multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol (IP)
networks.  IAX was developed by the open source community for the
Asterisk PBX and is targeted primarily at Voice over Internet
Protocol (VoIP) call control, but it can be used with streaming video
or any other type of multimedia.

IAX is an "all in one" protocol for handling multimedia in IP
networks.  It combines both control and media services in the same
protocol.  In addition, IAX uses a single UDP data stream on a static
port greatly simplifying Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway
traversal, eliminating the need for other protocols to work around
NAT, and simplifying network and firewall management.  IAX employs a
compact encoding which decreases bandwidth usage and is well suited
for Internet telephony service.  In addition, its open nature permits
new payload types additions needed to support additional services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guy-iax-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt