Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RSVP Proxy Approaches
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-06.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2008-10-31

The Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) can be used to make end-to-
end resource reservations in an IP network in order to guarantee the
quality of service required by certain flows.  RSVP assumes that both
the data sender and receiver of a given flow take part in RSVP
signaling.  Yet, there are many use cases where resource reservation
is required, but the receiver, the sender, or both, is not RSVP-
capable.  This document presents RSVP Proxy behaviors allowing RSVP
routers to initiate or terminate RSVP signaling on behalf of a
receiver or a sender that is not RSVP-capable.  This allows resource
reservations to be established on a critical subset of the end-to-end
path.  This document reviews conceptual approaches for deploying RSVP
Proxies and discusses how RSVP reservations can be synchronized with
application requirements, despite the sender, receiver, or both not
participating in RSVP.  This document also points out where
extensions to RSVP (or to other protocols) may be needed for
deployment of a given RSVP Proxy approach.  However, such extensions
are outside the scope of this document.  Finally, practical use cases
for RSVP Proxy are described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt