Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-6rd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 infrastructures (6rd)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-6rd-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-10-22

IPv6 rapid deployment (6rd) builds upon mechanisms of 6to4 (RFC3056)
to enable a service provider to rapidly deploy IPv6 unicast service
to IPv4 sites to which it provides customer premise equipment.  Like
6to4, it utilizes stateless IPv6 in IPv4 encapsulation in order to
transit IPv4-only network infrastructure.  Unlike 6to4, a 6rd service
provider uses an IPv6 prefix of its own in place of the fixed 6to4
prefix.  A service provider has used this mechanism for its own IPv6
"rapid deployment": five weeks from first exposure to 6rd principles
to more than 1,500,000 residential sites being provided quasi-native
IPv6, under the only condition that they activate it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-6rd-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt