Subject: I-D Action:draft-schierl-avt-rtp-multi-session-transmission-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Session and Multi-Source Transmission in the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
	Author(s)       : T. Schierl, J. Lennox
	Filename        : draft-schierl-avt-rtp-multi-session-transmission-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-10-26

In this draft, we discuss problems related to multi-session and
multi-source transmission using the Real-Time Transport Protocol
(RTP).  Most of the input to this draft is taken from email
discussion.  Multi-session and multi-source transmission is motivated
by media data which allows for different transport layer treatment of
parts of the media.  This is typically the case for layered media.
Multi-session transmission is when media data from a single media
source is split over multiple RTP sessions.  Single-session multi-
source transmission (from now on just called "multi-source
transmission") is when data from a single media source is sent as
several RTP streams in the same RTP session.  The main problems
discussed are the mechanisms used for data alignment and source
correlation.  This draft gives further an overview of payload formats
using multi-sessions/multi-source transmission and highlights other
transport related issues.  The draft concludes with recommendations
for the discussed problems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schierl-avt-rtp-multi-session-transmission-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt