Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-mspmsi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MVPN: Optimized use of PIM, Wild Card Selectors, Bidirectional Tunnels, Extranets
	Author(s)       : A. Boers, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-mspmsi-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-10-28

Specifications for a number of important topics were arbitrarily
omitted from the initial MVPN specifications, so that those
specifications could be "frozen" and advanced.  The current document
provides some of the missing specifications.  The topics covered are:
(a) using Wild Card selectors to bind multicast data streams to
tunnels, (b) using Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths as
tunnels, (c) binding bidirectional customer multicast data streams to
specific tunnels, (d) running PIM (i.e., sending and receiving
multicast control traffic) over a set of tunnels that are created
only if needed to carry multicast data traffic, and (e) extranets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-mspmsi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt