Subject: I-D Action:draft-saumitra-alto-multi-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO: A Multi Dimensional Peer Selection Problem
	Author(s)       : S. Das, et al.
	Filename        : draft-saumitra-alto-multi-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-10-22

Bulk data applications are posing serious challenges to the Internet
infrastructure and more mass adoption of such applications would only
increase that challenge.  P2P bulk data applications and other large
volume HTTP traffic such as video currently dominate the Internet
traffic.  These applications do not generally benefit from the
traffic engineering techniques developed for the Internet.  In the
HTTP traffic case, the traffic optimization issues are often
addressed using the CDN infrastructure.  For P2P bulk data
applications, the problem is about picking the right peers to
communicate with and the criteria for doing this vary greatly based
on the application.  Hence, intelligent peer selection is the
fundamental problem to address for these applications.  This document
explains the multiple dimensions of the peer selection problem with
respect to obtaining information from the network as well from other
peers and argues for an integrated, common framework to share such
information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saumitra-alto-multi-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt