Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-mext-aero-nemo-ro-sol-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis on how to address NEMO RO for Aeronautics Mobile Networks
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-mext-aero-nemo-ro-sol-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-10-27

The Network Mobility Basic Support protocol enables networks to roam
and attach to different access networks without disrupting the
ongoing sessions that nodes of the network may have.  By extending
the Mobile IPv6 support to Mobile Routers, nodes of the network are
not required to support any kind of mobility, since packets must go
through the Mobile Router-Home Agent (MRHA) bi-directional tunnel.
Communications from/to a mobile network have to traverse the Home
Agent, and therefore better paths may be available.  Additionally,
this solution adds packet overhead, due to the encapsulation.

There are currently a set of well defined NEMO Route Optimization
requirements for Operational Use in Aeronautics and Space
Exploration, from which solutions should be based on.  This document
analyses how the problem of NEMO RO for Aeronautics Mobile Networks
might be tackled, in a way as generic as possible, trying to identify
those open questions and deployment considerations that need to be
addressed.

The main goal of this document is to foster the discussion about
aeronautics NEMO RO solution space within the MEXT WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-mext-aero-nemo-ro-sol-analysis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt