Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kitamura-ipv6-uncertain-address-state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Harmless IPv6 Address State Extension (Uncertain State)

	Author(s)	: H. Kitamura, S. Ata, M. Murata
	Filename	: draft-kitamura-ipv6-uncertain-address-state-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2008-10-27
	
This document describes a new IPv6 address state called "Uncertain"
   address state as an extension of IPv6 address state specification.
   "Uncertain" address state is designed to introduce two
   functionalities. One is to achieve "Address Reservation" function.
   The other is to avoid a DAD (Duplicate Address Detection) time
   consuming problem for dynamically created addresses.

   "Uncertain" Address State is inserted between "Tentative" address
   state and "Valid" address state. After "Tentative" address state
   (DAD operation has finished) for a newly created address, its state
   will enter to "Uncertain" address state. While an address stay at
   "Uncertain" address state, the address is behaved as if it is
   reserved by the node exclusively. (The other nodes can not obtain
   such a reserved address.) When it becomes really necessary for the
   node to utilize the reserved address, its address state is changed
   into "Valid" address state without accompanying time consuming DAD
   operation. By these procedures, we can avoid the DAD problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-uncertain-address-state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt