Subject: I-D Action:draft-elwell-sip-e164-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SIP E.164 Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : J. Elwell
	Filename        : draft-elwell-sip-e164-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-10-25

SIP has long supported the use of both email-style addresses
(user@host) and telephone-style addresses (number@host) in the
"From:" address.  A significant number of SIP deployments use the
latter style with E.164 numbers.  This document describes the
problems that occur when such E.164 numbers are used in SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sip-e164-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt