Subject: I-D Action:draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : On the generation of TCP timestamps
	Author(s)       : F. Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-10-27

This document describes an algorithm for selecting the timestamps (TS
value) used for TCP connections that use the TCP timestamp option,
such that the resulting timestamps are monotonically-increasing
across connections that involve the same four-tuple {local IP
address, local TCP port, remote IP address, remote TCP port}.  The
properties of the algorithm are such the possibility of an attacker
guessing the exact value is reduced.  Additionally, it describes an
algorithm for processing incoming SYN segments to allow a higher
connection establishment rates to any TCP end-point.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt