Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Retransmission Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-10-31

This document defines an optional extension block, called a
Retransmission Block, that may be used with the Bundle Protocol [2]
within the context of a Delay-Tolerant Network architecture [4].  The
Retransmission Block (RB) is designed to be inserted by a custodian
when re-forwarding a bundle, so as to mark the bundle as a legitimate
custody-based retransmission rather than an unauthorized bundle
duplicate.  By providing a way for nodes that receive the re-
forwarded bundle to distinguish it from an unauthorized duplicate,
the RB enables those nodes whose local security policies do not
permit them to forward unauthorized duplicate bundles to detect and
delete unauthorized bundle duplicates but forward legitimate custody-
based bundle retransmissions.  This document defines the format and
processing of this new Retransmission Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt