Subject: I-D Action:draft-shirasaki-nat444-isp-shared-addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 02:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT444 with ISP Shared Address
	Author(s)       : Y. Shirasaki, et al.
	Filename        : draft-shirasaki-nat444-isp-shared-addr-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-10-27

This document describes a network model with ISP Shared Address and
Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) called NAT444.  NAT444 is the only scheme not
to require replacing Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) even if IPv4
address exhausted.  But it must be noted that NAT444 has serious
restrictions i.e. it limits the number of sessions per CPE so that
rich applications such as AJAX and RSS feed cannot work well.
Therefore, IPv6 which is free from such a difficulty has to be
introduced into the network at the same time.  In other words, NAT444
is just a tool to make IPv6 transition easy to be swallowed.  It is
designed for the days IPv4 and IPv6 co-existence.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shirasaki-nat444-isp-shared-addr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt