Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The PIM Join Attribute Format
	Author(s)       : A. Boers, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-10-06

A "Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode" Join message sent by
a given node identifies one or more multicast distribution trees that
that node wishes to join.  Each tree is identified by a multicast
group address and a source address, which is possibly a "wild card".
Under certain conditions it can be useful, when joining a tree, to
specify additional information related to the construction of the
tree.  However, there is up to now no way to do so.  This document
describes a modification of the Join message that allows a node to
associate attributes with a particular tree.  The attributes are
encoded in Type-Length-Value format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt