Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savolainen-6man-fqdn-based-if-selection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Domain name based network interface selection  
	Author(s)	: T. Savolainen
	Filename	: draft-savolainen-6man-fqdn-based-if-selection-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2008-10-23
	
A multi-homed host with multiple physical and/or virtual network 
   interfaces has to select which one of the network interfaces to use 
   for a new outgoing IPv4 or IPv6 connection. This document describes a 
   method to select an interface by using destination's fully qualified 
   domain name and DNS suffix information received dynamically for each 
   network interface. The method is useful, for example, in split 
   horizon DNS and walled garden scenarios, where right network 
   interface has to be selected even before DNS resolution is conducted.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savolainen-6man-fqdn-based-if-selection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt