Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rbridges: Base Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: R. Perlman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-09.txt
	Pages		: 84
	Date		: 2008-10-1
	
RBridges provide optimal pair-wise forwarding with zero
   configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary
   loops, and support for multipathing of both unicast and multicast
   traffic. They achieve these goals using IS-IS routing and
   encapsulation of traffic with a header that includes a hop count.

   RBridges are compatible with previous IEEE 802.1 customer bridges as
   well as IPv4 and IPv6 routers and end nodes. They are as invisible to
   current IP routers as bridges are and, like routers, they terminate
   the bridge spanning tree protocol.

   The design supports VLANs and optimization of the distribution of
   multi-destination frames based on VLAN and IP derived multicast
   groups.  It also allows forwarding tables to be based on RBridge
   destinations (rather than end node destinations), which allows
   internal forwarding tables to be substantially smaller than in
   conventional bridge systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt