Subject: I-D Action:draft-natarajan-httpbis-sctp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using SCTP as a Transport Layer Protocol for HTTP
	Author(s)       : P. Natarajan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-natarajan-httpbis-sctp-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-10-27

Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) [RFC2116] requires a reliable
transport for end-to-end communication.  While historically TCP has
been used for this purpose, this document proposes an alternative --
the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960].  Similar
to TCP, SCTP offers a reliable end-to-end transport connection to
applications.  Additionally, SCTP offers other innovative services
unavailable in TCP.  The objectives of this draft are three-fold: (i)
to highlight SCTP services that better match HTTP's needs than TCP,
(ii) to propose a design for persistent and pipelined HTTP 1.1
transactions over SCTP's multistreaming service, and (iii) to share
some lessons learned from implementing HTTP over SCTP.  Finally, open
issues warranting more discussion and/or investigation are listed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-httpbis-sctp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt