Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-idr-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tunnel Endpoints in BGP
	Author(s)       : X. Xu, P. Francis
	Filename        : draft-xu-idr-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-10-26

Virtual Aggregation (VA) is a mechanism for shrinking the size of the
DFZ FIB in routers [I-D.francis-idr-intra-va].  VA can result in
longer paths and increased load on routers within the ISP that
deploys VA.  This document describes a mechanism that allows an AS
that originates a route to associate a tunnel endpoint terminating at
itself with the route.  This allows routers in a remote AS to tunnel
packets to the originating AS.  If transit ASes between the remote AS
and the originating AS install the prefixes associated with tunnel
endpoints in their FIBs, then tunneled packets that transit through
them will take the shortest path.  This results in reduced load for
the transit AS, and better performance for the customers at the
source and destination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-idr-tunnel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt