Subject: I-D Action:draft-briscoe-pcn-3-in-1-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCN 3-State Encoding Extension in a single DSCP
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-pcn-3-in-1-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-10-27

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
the quality of service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
threshold below the physical link rate.  This document specifies an
extension to the two-state PCN baseline encoding that enables three
encoding states to be carried in the IP header without using more
than one Diffserv codepoint.  It presupposes a standards action has
removed the limit of two encoding states in current tunnelling
mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-pcn-3-in-1-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt