Subject: I-D Action:draft-durand-softwire-dual-stack-lite-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dual-stack lite broadband deployments post IPv4 exhaustion
	Author(s)       : A. Durand, et al.
	Filename        : draft-durand-softwire-dual-stack-lite-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2008-11-02

The common thinking for more than 10 years has been that the
transition to IPv6 will be based on the dual stack model and that
most things would be converted this way before we ran out of IPv4.

It has not happened.  The IANA free pool of IPv4 addresses will be
depleted soon, well before any significant IPv6 deployment will have
occurred.
This document revisits the dual-stack model and introduces the dual-
stack lite technology aimed at better aligning the costs and benefits
of deploying IPv6.  Dual-stack lite will provide the necessary bridge
between the two protocols, offering an evolution path of the Internet
post IANA IPv4 depletion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-softwire-dual-stack-lite-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt