Subject: I-D Action:draft-kunze-bagit-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The BagIt File Packaging Format (V0.96) http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-bagit-03.txt
	Author(s)       : A. Boyko, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kunze-bagit-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2008-11-24

This document specifies BagIt, a hierarchical file packaging format
for the exchange of generalized digital content.  A "bag" has just
enough structure to safely enclose a brief descriptive "tag" and a
payload but does not require any knowledge of the payload's internal
semantics.  This BagIt format should be suitable for disk-based or
network-based file hierarchy transfer.  One important use case is the
possibility of eventual safe return of a received bag.  Tag
information consists of a small number of top-level reserved file
names, checksums for transfer validation, and optional small metadata
blocks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-bagit-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt