Subject: I-D Action:draft-hardaker-isms-dtls-tm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Datagram Transport Layer Security Transport Model for SNMP
	Author(s)       : W. Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-hardaker-isms-dtls-tm-01.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document describes a Transport Model for the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP), that uses the Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) protocol.  The DTLS protocol provides authentication
and privacy services for SNMP applications.  This document describes
how the DTLS Transport Model (DTLSTM) implements the needed features
of a SNMP Transport Subsystem to make this protection possible in an
interoperable way.

This transport model is designed to meet the security and operational
needs of network administrators, operate in environments where a
connectionless (UDP) transport is preferred, and integrates well into
existing public keying infrastructures.
This document also defines a portion of the Management Information
Base (MIB) for monitoring and managing the DTLS Transport Model for
SNMP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardaker-isms-dtls-tm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt