Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Enhancements to Internet email to Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Message Store Events
	Author(s)       : R. Gellens, C. Newman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-07.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-11-02

One of the missing features in the existing Internet mail and
messaging standards is a facility for server-to-server and server-to-
client event notifications related to message store events.  As the
scope of Internet mail expands to support more diverse media (such as
voice mail), devices (such as cell phones) and to provide rich
interactions with other services (such as web portals and legal
compliance systems), the need for an interoperable notification
system increases.  This document attempts to enumerate the types of
events which interest real-world consumers of such a system.

This document describes events and event parameters which are useful
for several cases, including notification to administrative systems
and end users.  This is not intended as a replacement for a message
access facility such as IMAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt