Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Routing Protocols
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2008-11-3
	
The interior gateway routing protocols OSPFv2 [RFC2328], IS-IS [ISO] 
   [RFC1195] and RIP [RFC2453] currently define clear text and MD5 
   [RFC1321] algorithms for authenticating their protocol packets. There 
   have recently been documents adding support of the Secure Hash 
   Algorithm (SHA) family of hash functions for authenticating routing 
   protocol packets for RIP [RFC4822], IS-IS and OSPF. 
    
   To ensure interoperability between disparate implementations, it is 
   imperative that we specify a set of mandatory-to-implement algorithms 
   thereby ensuring that there is at least one algorithm that all 
   implementations will have available.   

   This document defines the current set of mandatory-to-implement 
   algorithms to be used for the cryptographic authentication of these 
   routing protocols as well as specifying the algorithms that should be 
   implemented because they may be promoted to mandatory at some future 
   time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-igp-crypto-requirements-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt