Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Using SCTP as a Transport Layer Protocol for HTTP

	Author(s)	: P. Natarajan, P. Amer, J. Leighton, F. Baker
	Filename	: draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-11-18
	
Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) [RFC2116] requires a reliable
   transport for end-to-end communication.  While historically TCP has
   been used for this purpose, this document proposes an alternative --
   the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960].  Similar
   to TCP, SCTP offers a reliable end-to-end transport connection to
   applications.  Additionally, SCTP offers other innovative services
   unavailable in TCP.  The objectives of this draft are three-fold: (i)
   to highlight SCTP services that better match HTTP's needs than TCP,
   (ii) to propose a design for persistent and pipelined HTTP 1.1
   transactions over SCTP's multistreaming service, and (iii) to share
   some lessons learned from implementing HTTP over SCTP.  Finally, open
   issues warranting more discussion and/or investigation are listed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt