Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Compound TCP: A New TCP Congestion Control for High-Speed and Long Distance Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Sridharan, K. Tan, D. Bansal, D. Thaler
	Filename	: draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2008-11-11
	
Compound TCP (CTCP) is a modification to TCP's congestion control  
mechanism for use with TCP connections with large congestion windows.  
This document describes the Compound TCP algorithm in detail, and  
solicits experimentation and feedback from the wider community.  The  
key idea behind CTCP is to add a scalable delay-based component to the  
standard TCP's loss-based congestion control. The sending rate of CTCP  
is controlled by both loss and delay components. The delay-based  
component has a scalable window increasing rule that not only  
efficiently uses the link capacity, but on sensing queue build up,  
proactively reduces the sending rate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt