Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 14:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for IP Autoconfiguration Mechanisms in Backbone Wireless Mesh Network scenarios
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-11-02

This Internet Draft presents the multi-hop Backbone Wireless Mesh
Network scenario, summarising its basic characteristics and
describing the requirements and desired properties of an IP
Autoconfiguration mechanism aimed at being used in this kind of
networks.

Once that the AUTOCONF WG has almost finalised the documents that
describe the general architecture of MANETs and the IP
autoconfiguration problem statement in MANETs, the WG is expected to
start working on solutions.  This document describes an ad-hoc
scenario that is getting a lot of attention from both
telecommunication operators and end-users: Backbone/infrastructure
Wireless Mesh Networking.  This document identifies and explains the
requirements posed by this particular scenario to an IP
autoconfiguration mechanism.  The goal is to help the AUTOCONF WG
identify the requirements that need to be taken into account when
designing IP autoconfiguration solution(s) suitable for this Wireless
Mesh environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-autoconf-backbone-mesh-reqs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt