Subject: I-D Action:draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP for ISDN Interworking
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, J. McMillen
	Filename        : draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-11-24

Several approaches to transporting the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Element (UU IE) data in SIP have been proposed.  As
networks move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this
data can continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability
to interwork with this ISDN service for end-to-end transparency.
This extension will also be used for native SIP endpoints
implementing similar services and interworking with ISDN services.
This document discusses requirements and approaches and recommends a
new header field be standardized.  Example use cases include an
exchange between two user agents, retargeting by a proxy, and
redirection.  An example application is in an Automatic Call
Distributor (ACD) in a contact center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt