Subject: I-D Action:draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Router Alert Considerations and Usage
	Author(s)       : R. Rahman
	Filename        : draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-11-17

The IP Router Alert Option is an IP option that alerts transit
routers to more closely examine the contents of an IP packet.  RSVP,
PGM and IGMP are some of the protocols which make use of the IP
Router Alert option.  This document discusses security aspects and
common practices around the use of router alert and discusses
consequences on the use of router alert by existing or new
applications.  Common practices in router alert implementation
facilitating router protection are also discussed.  Finally a
possible enhancement to the current specification of Router Alert is
presented for feedback.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt