Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-bfd-crypto-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BFD Generic Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-bfd-crypto-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2008-11-18
	
This document proposes an extension for Bidirectional Forwarding 
   Detection (BFD) to allow the use of any cryptographic authentication 
   algorithm in addition to the already documented authentication 
   schemes, described in the base specification.   
        
   Although this document has been written specifically to introduce two 
   new Authentication types it describes how BFD can use Hashed Message 
   Authentication Code (HMAC) construct along with the Secure Hash 
   algorithm (SHA) [FIPS-180-3] family of cryptographic hash functions 
   to authenticate the control packets.  
    
   The method described in this document is generic and can be used to 
   extend BFD to support any cryptographic hash function in the future. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-bfd-crypto-auth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt