Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-sam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stateless Address Mappings (SAMs) IPv6 & extended IPv4 via local routing domains - possibly multihomed
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-sam-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-11-03

Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) is a generic technique to achieve
global IPv4 or IPv6 connectivity across local domains where routing
is in a different address space.  To cope with the IPv4 address
shortage, it supports an extension of IPv4 addresses with dynamic-
port prefixes.  For multi-homed routing domains, it ensures that
source addresses that cross domain borders are always routable in the
reverse direction (Reverse Path Forwarding).  SAM can be used alone
as an alternative to NATs, to improve scalability and end-to-end
network transparency, or in combination with NATs, to cover a wider
range of IPv4-IPv6 coexistence scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-sam-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt