Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Authentication and Confidentiality in PIM-SM Link-local Messages
	Author(s)       : J. Atwood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-05.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2008-11-03

RFC 4601 mandates the use of IPsec to ensure authentication of the
link-local messages in the Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse
Mode (PIM-SM) routing protocol.  This document specifies mechanisms
to authenticate the PIM-SM link local messages using the IP security
(IPsec) Authentication Header (AH) or Encapsulating Security Payload
(ESP).  It specifies optional mechanisms to provide confidentiality
using the ESP.  Manual keying is specified as the mandatory and
default group key management solution.  To deal with issues of
scalability and security that exist with manual keying, an optional
automated group key management mechanism is specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt