Subject: I-D Action:draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extending ICMP for Interface and Next-hop Identification
	Author(s)       : A. Atlas, et al.
	Filename        : draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This memo defines ICMP extensions, using ICMP multi-part messages,
through which a router or host can explicitly identify an interface
by ifIndex, name, and/or address, as already used in MIBs and by
OSPF.  The interfaces so identified can be the interface upon which
an undeliverable datagram arrived, a sub-IP member of that interface,
and the interface through which the datagram would have been sent.
The nexthop IP address can also be provided as part of the outgoing
interface information.  The extensions defined herein are
particularly useful when troubleshooting networks with unnumbered
interfaces, parallel interfaces and/or asymmetric routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt