Subject: I-D Action:draft-vidya-p2psip-usage-agnostic-reload-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Usage Agnostic Overlay Operation in RELOAD
	Author(s)       : V. Narayanan
	Filename        : draft-vidya-p2psip-usage-agnostic-reload-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-11-20

RELOAD [1] defines an overlay framework for providing peer-to-peer
connectivity and storage/retreival primitives for applications.
Applications or usages are expected to reside on top of such an
overlay.  In general, this is a good design that allows multiple
applications to use the same overlay framework.  In such a design,
however, there are some decisions to be made in terms of what is an
overlay function and what must be defined by a usage.  These
decisions should generally be based on whether the particular
function is expecting an operation or guarantee from the overlay
nodes in general or from a particular usage only.  This type of
separation is especially crucial to avoid needing flag days for
upgrading nodes in order to accommodate a newer usage version for
performing the overlay operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vidya-p2psip-usage-agnostic-reload-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt