Subject: I-D Action:draft-rfc-image-files-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Images in RFCs
	Author(s)       : R. Braden, J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-rfc-image-files-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-11-24

Documents in the RFC series normally use only plain-text ASCII
characters and a fixed-width font.  However, there is sometimes a
need to supplement the ASCII text with images -- e.g., graphics,
equations, or pictures.  The historic solution to this requirement
has allowed secondary PDF and/or Postscript files, but this approach
has seldom been used because it is awkward for authors and publisher.
This memo suggests a convenient scheme for logically including
authoritative diagrams, illustrations, equations, or other graphics
within RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfc-image-files-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt