Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS Traffic Engineering Soft Preemption
	Author(s)       : D. Maddux, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-14.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-11-17

This document specifies Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic
Engineering Soft Preemption, a suite of protocol modifications
extending the concept of preemption with the goal of reducing/
eliminating traffic disruption of preempted Traffic Engineering Label
Switched Paths (TE LSPs).  Initially MPLS RSVP-TE was defined
supporting only immediate TE LSP displacement upon preemption.  The
utilization of a reroute request notification helps more gracefully
mitigate the re-route process of preempted TE LSP.  For the brief
period soft preemption is activated, reservations (though not
necessarily traffic levels) are in effect under-provisioned until the
TE LSP(s) can be re-routed.  For this reason, the feature is
primarily but not exclusively interesting in MPLS enabled IP networks
with Differentiated Services and Traffic Engineering capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt