Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Security and Reliable Multicast Transport Protocols: Discussions and Guidelines
	Author(s)       : B. Adamson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document describes general security considerations for the
Reliable Multicast Transport (RMT) Working Group set of building
blocks and protocols.  An emphasis is placed on risks that might be
resolved in the scope of transport protocol design.  However,
relevant security issues related to IP Multicast control-plane and
other concerns not strictly within the scope of reliable transport
protocol design are also discussed.  The document also begins an
exploration of approaches that could be embraced to mitigate these
risks.  The purpose of this document is to provide a consolidated
security discussion and provide a basis for further discussions and
potential resolution of any significant security issues that may
exist in the current set of RMT standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt