Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-mext-aero-nemo-ro-sol-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis on how to address NEMO RO for Aeronautics Mobile Networks
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-mext-aero-nemo-ro-sol-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-11-03

The Network Mobility Basic Support protocol enables networks to roam
and attach to different access networks without disrupting the
ongoing sessions that nodes of the mobile network may have.  By
extending the Mobile IPv6 support to Mobile Routers, nodes of the
mobile network are not required to support any kind of mobility,
since packets go through the Mobile Router-Home Agent (MRHA) bi-
directional tunnel.  Data packets belonging to communications of
nodes of the mobile network have to traverse the Home Agent, and
therefore resulting paths are likely to be suboptimal.  Additionally,
the solution adds packet overhead, due to the use of encapsulation
between the Mobile Router and the Home Agent.
There are currently a set of well defined NEMO Route Optimization
requirements for Operational Use in Aeronautics and Space
Exploration, which potential solutions should meet.  This document
analyses how the problem of NEMO RO for Aeronautics Mobile Networks
might be tackled, in a way as generic as possible, trying to identify
those open questions and deployment considerations that need to be
addressed.

The main goal of this document is to foster the discussion about
aeronautics NEMO RO solution space within the MEXT WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-mext-aero-nemo-ro-sol-analysis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt