Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 02:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol for Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Wadhwa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-04.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document describes proposed extensions to the GSMPv3 protocol to
allow its use in a broadband environment, as a control plane between
Access Nodes (e.g.  DSLAM) and Broadband Network Gateways (e.g.
NAS).  These proposed extensions are required to realize a protocol
for "Access Node Control" mechanism as described in [ANCP-FRAMEWORK].
The resulting protocol with the proposed extensions to GSMPv3
[RFC3292] is referred to as "Access Node Control Protocol" (ANCP).
This document currently focuses on specific use cases of access node
control mechanism for topology discovery, line configuration, and OAM
as described in ANCP framework document [ANCP-FRAMEWORK].  It is
intended to be augmented by additional protocol specification for
future use cases considered in scope by the ANCP charter.

ANCP framework document [ANCP-FRAMEWORK] describes the ANCP use-cases
in detail.  Illustrative text for the use-cases is included here to
help the protocol implementer understand the greater context of ANCP
protocol interactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt