Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery for 6LoWPAN
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2008-11-18

This document specifies Neighbor Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over very low-power, low-
bandwidth wireless networks often making use of extended multihop
topologies.  However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
over 6LoWPAN networks has several problems.  Standard Neighbor
Discovery was not designed for wireless links, the standard IPv6 link
concept and heavy use of multicast makes it inefficient.  This
document spefies a new mechanism allowing efficient Duplicate Address
Detection over entire 6LoWPAN networks.  In addition it specifies
prefix and context dissemination for use with router advertisements,
allows for stateless address assignment, and the use of Neighbor
Discovery Proxy.

This document is an identical replacement of
draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-01.  This document was now submitted as a
6lowpan working group document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt