Subject: I-D Action:draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Private Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Proxy-to-Proxy Extensions for Supporting the PacketCable Distributed Call Signaling Architecture
	Author(s)       : F. Andreasen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2008-11-26

In order to deploy a residential telephone service at very large
scale across different domains, it is necessary for trusted elements
owned by different service providers to exchange trusted information
that conveys customer-specific information and expectations about the
parties involved in the call.  This document describes private
extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] for
supporting the exchange of customer information and billing
information between trusted entities in the PacketCable Distributed
Call Signaling Architecture.  These extensions provide mechanisms for
access network coordination to prevent theft of service, customer
originated trace of harassing calls, support for operator services
and emergency services, and support for various other regulatory
issues.  The use of the extensions is only applicable within closed
administrative domains, or among federations of administrative
domains with previously agreed-upon policies where coordination of
charging and other functions is required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-sipping-rfc3603bis-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt