Subject: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP State Management Mechanism v2
	Author(s)       : Y. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document specifies a way to create a stateful session with
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests and responses.  It
describes three HTTP headers, Cookie, Cookie2, and Set-Cookie2, which
carry state information between participating origin servers and user
agents.  The method described here differs from both Netscape's
Cookie proposal [Netscape], and [RFC2965], but it can, provided some
requirements are met, interoperate with HTTP/1.1 user agents that use
Netscape's method.  (See the HISTORICAL section.)

This document defines new rules for how cookies can be shared between
servers within a domain.  These new rules are intended to address
security and privacy concerns that are difficult to counter for
clients implementing Netscape's proposed rules or the rules specified
by RFC 2965.

This document reflects implementation experience with RFC 2965 and
obsoletes it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt