Subject: I-D Action:draft-ward-l2isis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Carrying Attached Addresses in IS-IS
	Author(s)       : D. Ward, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ward-l2isis-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This draft specifies the IS-IS extensions necessary to support multi-
link IPv4 and IPv6 networks, as well as to provide true link state
routing to any protocols running directly over layer 2.  While
supporting this concept involves several pieces, this document only
describes extensions to IS-IS.  We leave it to the systems using
these IS-IS extensions to explain how the information carried in
IS-IS is used.1.  Overview

There are a number of systems (for example, [RBRIDGES]) which have
proposed using layer 2 addresses carried in a link state routing
protocol, specifically IS-IS [IS-IS] [RFC1195], to provide true layer
2 routing in specific environments.  This draft proposes a set of
TLVs and sub-TLVs to be added to [IS-IS] level 1 PDUs, and three new
PDU types, to support these proposed systems.

This draft does not propose new forwarding mechanisms using this
additional information carried within IS-IS.  There is a short
section included on two possible ways to build a shortest path first
tree including this information, to illustrate how this information
might be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ward-l2isis-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt