Subject: I-D Action:draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Replacing AppleTalk
	Author(s)       : S. Cheshire, M. Krochmal
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-11-17

One of the goals of the authors of Multicast DNS (mDNS) and DNS-Based
Service Discovery (DNS-SD) was the desire to retire AppleTalk and the
AppleTalk Name Binding Protocol, and to replace them with an IP-based
solution. This document presents a brief overview of the capabilities
of AppleTalk NBP, and outlines the properties required of an IP-based
replacement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt