Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-williams-6lowpan-mob-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: 6LoWPAN Architectural Consideration for Mobility
	Author(s)	: G. Mulligan, C. Williams, D. Huo
	Filename	: draft-williams-6lowpan-mob-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2008-11-3
	
The 6LoWPAN problem statement [RFC4919] provides for a goal that
   6LowPAN devices have simple interconnectivity to other IP networks
   including the Internet.  Such interconnectivity means that a global
   reachability requirement to 6lowpan networks is part of the 6LoWPAN
   architecture.  Here the 6LoWPAN devices must be reachable by any
   corresponding node, independent of the current location.  The 6LoWPAN
   architecture also describes support for various topologies which
   require mobility support.

   Architectural considerations and analysis for mobility is needed to
   ensure proper performance for these usage scenarios.  The
   architectural considerations for mobility may present unique
   challenges to the 6LoWPAN given their requirements for low memory and
   power constraints.  Hence it is best to have mobility as an
   architectural consideration upfront rather than an after thought in
   the development of 6LoWPAN milestones.  This document provides a
   mobility perspective to the 6LoWPAN sensor network architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-6lowpan-mob-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt