Subject: I-D Action:draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LC-PCN: The Load Control PCN Solution
	Author(s)       : L. Westberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-05.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2008-11-03

There is an increased interest of simple and scalable resource
provisioning solution for Diffserv network.  The Load Control PCN
(LC-PCN) addresses the following issues:
o  Admission Control for real time data flows in stateless Diffserv

Domains

o  Flow Termination: Termination of flows in case of exceptional

events, such as severe congestion after re-routing.

Admission control in a Diffserv stateless domain can be performed
using two methods:

o  Admission Control based on data marking, whereby in congestion

situations the data packets are marked to notify the PCN-egress-

node that a congestion occurred on a particular PCN-ingress-node

to PCN-egress-node path.

o  Probing, whereby a probe packet is sent along the forwarding path

in a network to determine whether a flow can be admitted based

upon the current congestion state of the network

The scheme provides the capability of controlling the traffic load in
the network without requiring signaling or any per-flow processing in
the PCN-interior-nodes.  The complexity of Load Control is kept to a
minimum to make implementation simple.  LC-PCN can support the
ingress-egress-aggregate (i.e., trunk/pipe) bandwidth management
model as well as the HOSE bandwidth management model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt