Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols
	Author(s)	: V. Roca
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2008-10-27
	
This document introduces two schemes that provide a per-packet
   authentication and integrity service in the context of the ALC and
   NORM protocols.  The first scheme is based on digital signatures.
   Because it relies on asymmetric cryptography, this scheme generates a
   high processing load at the sender and to a lesser extent at a
   receiver, as well as a significant transmission overhead.  It is
   therefore well suited to low data rate sessions.  The second scheme
   relies on a group Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Because this
   scheme relies symmetric cryptography, MAC calculation and
   verification are fast operations, which makes it suited to high data
   rate sessions.  However it only provides a group authentication and
   integrity service, which means that it only protects against
   attackers that are not group members.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt