Subject: I-D Action:draft-chown-addr-select-considerations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for IPv6 Address Selection Policy Changes
	Author(s)       : T. Chown
	Filename        : draft-chown-addr-select-considerations-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-11-03

Through operational experience of IPv6 Default Address Selection
(RFC3484) [1] implementations, it appears that a requirement has
arisen for hosts and networks to be able to have their policies for
address selection updated.  This text discusses considerations for
such policy changes, e.g. examples of cases where a change of policy
is required, and the likely frequency of such policy changes.  This
text also includes some discussion on the need to also update
RFC3484, where default policies are currently defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-addr-select-considerations-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt