Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bajko-v6ops-port-restricted-ipaddr-assign-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Port Restricted IP Address Assignment
	Author(s)	: G. Bajko, T. Savolainen
	Filename	: draft-bajko-v6ops-port-restricted-ipaddr-assign-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2008-11-3
	
With the foreseen scarcity of public IPv4 addresses and the 
   hesitation and technical difficulties to deploy IPv6, the transition 
   scenarios which assumed that migration to IPv6 happens before the 
   run-out of IPv4 addresses, need to be revisited. 
   This document defines a method to allocate the same IPv4 address to 
   multiple hosts, thus prolonging the availability of public IPv4 
   addresses for as long as it takes for IPv6 to take over the demand 
   for IPv4. The document also describes the deployment scenarios where 
   this method is applicable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bajko-v6ops-port-restricted-ipaddr-assign-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt