Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-encode-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-encode-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-11-03

A wavelength switched optical network (WSON) requires that certain 
key information elements are made available to facilitate path 
computation and the establishment of label switching paths (LSPs). 
The information model described in "Routing and Wavelength Assignment 
Information for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks" shows what 
information is required at specific points in the WSON. 

The information may be used in Generalized Multiprotocol Label 
Switching (GMPLS) signaling protocols, and may be distributed by 
GMSPL routing protocols. Other distribution mechanisms (for example, 
XML-based protocols) may also be used. 

This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for the 
information elements necessary to operate a WSON. It is intended that 
protocol-specific documents will reference this memo to describe how 
information is carried for specific uses. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-encode-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt