Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 06:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Blacklists and Whitelists
	Author(s)       : J. Levine
	Filename        : draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-11-17

The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
led to the creation of shared blacklists and whitelists of IP
addresses or domains.  The DNS has become the de-facto standard
method of distributing these blacklists and whitelists.  This memo
documents the structure and usage of DNS based blacklists and
whitelists, and the protocol used to query them.

IRTF Notice

This document is a product of the Anti-Spam Research Group (ASRG) of
the Internet Research Task Force.  It represents the consensus of the
ASRG with respect to practices to improve interoperability of DNS
based blacklists and whitelists, but does not constitute an IETF or
Internet standard.

[NOTE TO RFC EDITOR: Please remove this paragraph in publication.]
Comments and discussion may be directed to the ASRG mailing list,
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt