Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 03:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RFC Editor Model
	Author(s)       : O. Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-11-03

The RFC Editor performs a number of functions that may be carried out
by various persons or entities.  The RFC Editor model presented in
this document divides the responsibilities for the RFC Series into
four functions: The RFC Series Editor, the Independent Submission
Editor, RFC Production Center, and the RFC Publisher.  The model
outlined here is intended to increase flexibility and operational
support options, provide for the orderly succession of the RFC
Editor, and ensure the continuity of the RFC series, while
maintaining RFC quality, maintaining timely processing, ensuring
document accessibility, reducing costs, and increasing cost
transparency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt