Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Usecases and Benefits of end to end ECN support in PCN Domains
	Author(s)       : Z. Sarker, I. Johansson
	Filename        : draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-11-20

This document provides an informative overview of possible use cases
where ECN marking can be used for inelastic traffic.  It outlines
benefits of preserving the ECN support in a PCN domain.  As ECN
provides with a simple mechanism for network nodes to inform the end
points about possible upcoming congestion and resulting packet losses
and delay increase, the scheme can be useful for adaptive real-time
media applications, thus enabling them to adjust the transmission
rate to avoid quality degradation due to congestion.  By showing the
benefits of ECN this memo asks the working group to consider end to
end ECN support in PCN domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarker-pcn-ecn-pcn-usecases-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt