Subject: I-D Action:draft-hancock-nsis-gist-rao-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using the Router Alert Option for Packet Interception in GIST
	Author(s)       : R. Hancock
	Filename        : draft-hancock-nsis-gist-rao-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-11-17

The Generic Internet Signalling Transport (GIST) protocol depends on
packet interception to identify the nodes that should participate in
signalling sessions.  The base protocol assumes n-tuple analysis of
the packet header as the interception algorithm.  This document
describes an experimental extension to GIST to use the Router Alert
Option (RAO) to enhance interception efficiency.  It describes the
tradeoffs in using such an approach including the impact on legacy
equipment and protocol deployability, and also the considerations to
be taken into account in selecting values for the RAO value field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-gist-rao-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt