Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Optimizing Federated Presence with View Sharing
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-02.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2008-11-03

Presence federation refers to the exchange of presence information
between systems.  One of the primary challenges in presence
federation is scale.  With a large number of watchers in one domain
obtaining presence for many presentities in another, the amount of
notification traffic is large.  This document describes an extension
to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event framework, called view
sharing.  View sharing can substantially reduce the amount of
traffic, but requires a certain level of trust between domains.  View
sharing allows the amount of presence traffic between domains to
achieve the theoretical lower bound on information exchange in any
presence system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt