Subject: I-D Action:draft-stein-pwe3-pwbonding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PW Bonding
	Author(s)       : Y. Stein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-stein-pwe3-pwbonding-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-11-03

There are times when pseudowires must be transported over physical
links with limited bandwidth.  We shall use the term "bonding" (also
variously known as inverse multiplexing, link aggregation, trunking,
teaming, etc.) to mean an efficient mechanism for separating the PW
traffic over several links.  Unlike load balancing and equal cost
multipath, bonding makes no assumption that the PW traffic can be
decomposed into distinguishable flows, and thus bonding requires
delay compensation and packet reordering.  Furthermore, PW bonding
can optionally track bandwidth constraints in order to minimize
packet loss.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stein-pwe3-pwbonding-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt