Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-smf-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
	Author(s)       : J. Macker, S. Team
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-smf-08.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF specifies
techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to assist
the forwarding process.  SMF also specifies DPD maintenance and
checking operations for with both IPv4 and IPv6.  SMF also specifies
the optional use of reduced relay sets for efficient MANET multicast
data distribution within a mesh topology.  The document describes
interactions with other protocols and multiple deployment approaches.
Distributed algorithms for selecting reduced relay sets and related
discussion are provided in the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to
the operation of multicast MANET border routers are discussed but
ongoing work remains in this area beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt