Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evolution of the IP Model
	Author(s)       : D. Thaler
	Filename        : draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This draft attempts to document various aspects of the IP service
model and how it has evolved over time.  In particular, it attempts
to document the properties of the IP layer as they are seen by upper-
layer protocols and applications, and especially properties which
were (and at times still are) incorrectly perceived to exist, as well
as properties that would cause problems if changed.  Finally, it
provides some guidance to protocol designers and implementers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt