Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability Statement for the Use of Pre-Congestion Notification in a Resource-Controlled Network
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou, et al.
	Filename        : draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document is written to help coordinate work on pre-congestion
notification (PCN) between the IETF PCN Working Group and the ITU-T.
It maps the use of PCN into the ITU-T transport control architecture.
It examines three scenarios, showing in each, where new requirements
are placed on the ITU-T architecture.  In each case, the ITU-T
functional entity known as the Transport Resource Control Functional
Entity (TRC-FE) is seen as the logical destination for PCN congestion
reports and PCN flow termination reports, which it uses to keep track
of network status.  As logical entities, instances of the TRC-FE can
be present in the ingress nodes, in one or more centralized devices,
or in both.  These alternatives define the scenarios examined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-pcn-racf-applic-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt