Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ospf-manet-mdr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MANET Extension of OSPF using CDS Flooding
	Author(s)       : R. Ogier, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-manet-mdr-03.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document specifies an extension of OSPFv3 to support mobile ad
hoc networks (MANETs).  The extension, called OSPF-MDR, is designed
as a new OSPF interface type for MANETs.  OSPF-MDR is based on the
selection of a subset of MANET routers, consisting of MANET
Designated Routers (MDRs) and Backup MDRs.  The MDRs form a connected
dominating set (CDS), and the MDRs and Backup MDRs together form a
biconnected CDS for robustness.  This CDS is exploited in two ways.
First, to reduce flooding overhead, an optimized flooding procedure
is used in which only (Backup) MDRs flood new link state
advertisements (LSAs) back out the receiving interface; reliable
flooding is ensured by retransmitting LSAs along adjacencies.
Second, adjacencies are formed only between (Backup) MDRs and a
subset of their neighbors, allowing for much better scaling in dense
networks.  The CDS is constructed using 2-hop neighbor information
provided in a Hello protocol extension.  The Hello protocol is
further optimized by allowing differential Hellos that report only
changes in neighbor states.  Options are specified for originating
router-LSAs that provide full or partial topology information,
allowing overhead to be reduced by advertising less topology
information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-manet-mdr-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt