Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP IGP Synchronization
	Author(s)       : L. Fang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-12-17

In certain networks there is a dependency on edge-to-edge Label 
Switched Paths (LSPs) setup by Label Distribution Protocol (LDP), 
e.g., networks that are used for MultiProtocol Label Switching 
(MPLS) Virtual Private Network (VPN) applications. For such 
applications it is not possible to rely on Internet Protocol (IP) 
forwarding if the MPLS LSP is not operating appropriately. 
Blackholing of labeled traffic can occur in situations where the 
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) is operational on a link but LDP is 
not operational on that link. While the link could still be used for 
IP forwarding, it is not useful for MPLS forwarding, for example, 
MPLS VPN; Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) route free core; or IP 
address carried in the packet is out of the RFC 1918 [RFC 1918] 
space. This document describes a mechanism to avoid traffic loss due 
to this condition without introducing any protocol changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt