Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ejzak-mmusic-bg-bypass-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extension to the Session Description 
Protocol (SDP) for Bypass of Border Gateways 
	Author(s)	: R. Ejzak
	Filename	: draft-ejzak-mmusic-bg-bypass-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2008-12-17
	
   This document describes an extension to the Session Description 
   Protocol (SDP) that can be used by systems of cooperating networks 
   using Application Level Gateways (ALG) to insert border gateways 
   performing as Network Address Port Translators (NAPT) between their 
   IP realms to identify when border gateways can be bypassed for more 
   efficient media flow.  This extension can be used by networks based 
   on a protocol using the SDP offer/answer model, such as the IP 
   Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) of the Third Generation Partnership 
   Project (3GPP), which is based on the Session Initiation Protocol 
   (SIP).  ALGs using this extension can determine within a single SDP 
   offer/answer transaction when the insertion of a new border gateway 
   would cause the media path to re-enter an IP realm visited elsewhere    within the media path, and to bypass one or more border gateways 
   that would otherwise be included in the media path.  This extension 
   also works with hosted NAPT traversal schemes to establish a direct 
   media path between endpoints within the same IP realm.  Optional 
   procedures provide additional means to improve media flow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ejzak-mmusic-bg-bypass-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt