Subject: I-D Action:draft-mrw-ram-trip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tiered Routing for IPv4 and IPv6 (TRIP)
	Author(s)       : M. Wasserman
	Filename        : draft-mrw-ram-trip-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-12-02

This document describes a mechanism for scalable, tiered Internet
routing, called TRIP.  The goal of TRIP is to decrease the growth
rate of the core Internet routing tables by increasing route
aggregation and constraining the propagation of multihoming and
traffic engineering routes.

TRIP accomplishes this goal by defining separate routing domains for
edge networks and transit networks.  All current, non-TRIP-aware
networks and nodes are considered part of the transit domain.  Edge
network domains may be created by deploying TRIP at a domain-boundary
routers or within IP (v4 or v6) endpoints.

In addition to defining the basic TRIP mechanism, this document
describes an incremental deployment path that provides a means for
endpoints in TRIP-enabled edge networks to talk directly to non-TRIP-
aware end-points in transit domain.  This is accomplished without the
need to advertise edge network prefixes in the global routing tables
or to create a separate global routing domain for edge network
prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrw-ram-trip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt