Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-te-scaling-analysis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 08:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Analysis of Scaling Issues in MPLS-TE Core Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-te-scaling-analysis-04.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2008-12-02

Traffic engineered Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TE) is
deployed in providers' core networks. As providers plan to grow these
networks, they need to understand whether existing protocols and
implementations can support the network sizes that they are planning.

This document presents an analysis of some of the scaling concerns
for the number of Label Switching Paths (LSPs) in MPLS-TE core
networks, and examines the value of two techniques (LSP hierarchies,
and multipoint-to-point LSPs) for improving scaling. The intention is
to motivate the development of appropriate deployment techniques and
protocol extensions to enable the application of MPLS-TE in large
networks.

This document only considers the question of achieving scalability
for the support of point-to-point MPLS-TE LSPs. Point-to-multipoint
MPLS-TE LSPs are for future study.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-te-scaling-analysis-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt