Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Object-based pNFS Operations
	Author(s)       : B. Halevy, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-12.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2008-12-15

Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends NFSv4 to allow clients to directly access
file data on the storage used by the NFSv4 server.  This ability to
bypass the server for data access can increase both performance and
parallelism, but requires additional client functionality for data
access, some of which is dependent on the class of storage used,
a.k.a. the Layout Type.  The main pNFS operations and data types in
NFSv4 Minor Version 1 specify a layout-type-independent layer;
layout-type-specific information is conveyed using opaque data
structures which internal structure is further defined by the
particular layout type specification.  This document specifies the
NFSv4.1 Object-based pNFS Layout Type in companion with the main
NFSv4 Minor Version 1 specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt