Subject: I-D Action:draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for Information Services and Operator Services Using SIP
	Author(s)       : J. Haluska, et al.
	Filename        : draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-06.txt
	Pages           : 110
	Date            : 2008-12-15

Information Services are services whereby information is provided 
in response to user requests, and may include involvement of a 
human or automated agent. A popular existing Information Service 
is Directory Assistance (DA). Moving ahead, Information Services 
providers envision exciting multimedia services that support 
simultaneous voice and data interactions with full operator backup 
at any time during the call. Information Services providers are 
planning to migrate to SIP based platforms, which will enable such 
advanced services, while continuing to support traditional DA 
services. Operator Services are traditional PSTN services which 
often involve providing human or automated assistance to a caller, 
and often require the specialized capabilities traditionally 
provided by an operator services switch. Market and/or regulatory 
factors in some jurisdictions dictate that some subset of Operator 
Services continue to be provided going forward. This document aims 
to identify how Operator and Information Services can be 
implemented using existing or currently proposed SIP mechanisms, 
to identity existing protocol gaps, and to provide a set of Best 
Current Practices to facilitate interoperability. For Operator 
Services, the intention is to reproduce the current PSTN 
behaviour.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt