Subject: I-D Action:draft-melnikov-eai-rfc5337bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 06:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications
	Author(s)       : C. Newman, A. Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-eai-rfc5337bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-12-15

Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
(RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464) are presently limited to US-ASCII text
in the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
original recipient address with non-US-ASCII characters can be
correctly preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides
updated content return media types for delivery status notifications
and message disposition notifications to support use of the new
address type.

This document experimentally extends RFC 3461, RFC 3464, and RFC
3798.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-eai-rfc5337bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt