Subject: I-D Action:draft-lha-gssapi-delegate-policy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : GSS-API: Delegate if approved by policy
	Author(s)       : L. Astrand, S. Hartman
	Filename        : draft-lha-gssapi-delegate-policy-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-12-08

Several GSS-API applications work in a multi-tiered architecture,
where the server takes advantage of delegated user credentials to act
on behalf of the user and contact additional servers.  In effect, the
server acts as an agent on behalf of the user.  Examples include web
applications that need to access e-mail or file servers as well as
CIFS file servers.  However, delegating the user credentials to a
party who is not sufficiently trusted is problematic from a security
standpoint.  Kerberos provides a flag called OK-AS-DELEGATE that
allows the administrator of a Kerberos realm to communicate that a
particular service is trusted for delegation.  This specification
adds support for this flag and similar facilities in other
authentication mechanisms to GSS-API (RFC 2743).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lha-gssapi-delegate-policy-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt