Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-shim6-proto-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shim6: Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol for IPv6
	Author(s)       : E. Nordmark, M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-proto-11.txt
	Pages           : 139
	Date            : 2008-12-15

This document defines the Shim6 protocol, a layer 3 shim for
providing locator agility below the transport protocols, so that
multihoming can be provided for IPv6 with failover and load sharing
properties, without assuming that a multihomed site will have a
provider independent IPv6 address prefix which is announced in the
global IPv6 routing table.  The hosts in a site which has multiple
provider allocated IPv6 address prefixes, will use the Shim6 protocol
specified in this document to setup state with peer hosts, so that
the state can later be used to failover to a different locator pair,
should the original one stop working.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt