Subject: I-D Action:draft-mcgrew-tss-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Threshold Secret Sharing
	Author(s)       : D. McGrew, P. Patnala
	Filename        : draft-mcgrew-tss-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-12-19

Threshold secret sharing (TSS) provides a way to generate N shares
from a value, so that any M of those shares can be used to
reconstruct the original value, but any M-1 shares provide no
information about that value.  This method can provide shared access
control on key material and other secrets that must be strongly
protected.

This note defines a threshold secret sharing method based on
polynomial interpolation in GF(256) and a format for the storage and
transmission of shares.  It also provides usage guidance, describes
how to test an implementation, and supplies test cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-tss-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt