Subject: I-D Action:draft-wood-tae-specifying-uri-transports-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 01:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Specifying transport mechanisms for retrieval or delivery of URIs
	Author(s)       : L. Wood
	Filename        : draft-wood-tae-specifying-uri-transports-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2008-12-19

This document describes a simple extension of the URI format to allow
preferred transport mechanisms and interfaces to be specified.  This
explicit configuration is beneficial for separation of HTTP from
underlying transports, which has been increasingly recognised as
useful.  Explicit configuration in the URI for programs is valuable
when TCP, traditionally used to carry HTTP, is not present or not
desired, or when other methods of determining or negotiating the
appropriate transport method to use, e.g. the Domain Name System
(DNS), are absent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wood-tae-specifying-uri-transports-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt