Subject: I-D Action:draft-klensin-rfc5378var-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Workable Variation on Rights Contributors Provide to the IETF Trust
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-rfc5378var-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-12-15

RFC 5378, "Rights Contributors Provide to the IETF Trust", has been
interpreted in a way that is unworkable in practice for updates to
documents created before it came into effect, and for other documents
that derive significant amounts of text from such earlier documents.
It requires, as a condition of Internet Draft posting or RFC
publication or even as a condition of posting of Internet Drafts,
that authors or editors obtain rights from people who may be
unavailable or uncooperative.  This specification modifies the RFC
5378 rules to permit the IETF to continue to do work in an orderly
fashion when documents containing earlier text are involved and
permission is not easily obtained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc5378var-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt