Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 02:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP User Timeout Option
	Author(s)       : L. Eggert, F. Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-10.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-12-01

The TCP user timeout controls how long transmitted data may remain
unacknowledged before a connection is forcefully closed.  It is a
local, per-connection parameter.  This document specifies a new TCP
option - the TCP User Timeout Option - that allows one end of a TCP
connection to advertise its current user timeout value.  This
information provides advice to the other end of the TCP connection to
adapt its user timeout accordingly.  Increasing the user timeouts on
both ends of a TCP connection allows it to survive extended periods
without end-to-end connectivity.  Decreasing the user timeouts allows
busy servers to explicitly notify their clients that they will
maintain the connection state only for a short time without
connectivity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt