Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 03:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for PCE-Based Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)       : E. Oki, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2009-01-06

A network may comprise multiple layers. It is important to globally
optimize network resource utilization, taking into account all
layers, rather than optimizing resource utilization at each layer
independently. This allows better network efficiency to be achieved
through a process that we call inter-layer traffic engineering. The
Path Computation Element (PCE) can be a powerful tool to achieve
inter-layer traffic engineering.

This document describes a framework for applying the PCE-based
architecture to inter-layer Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) traffic engineering. It provides
suggestions for the deployment of PCE in support of multi-layer
networks. This document also describes network models where PCE
performs inter-layer traffic engineering, and the relationship
between PCE and a functional component called the Virtual Network
Topology Manager (VNTM).

Oki et al.

Expires July 2009

 [page 1]

draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-08.txt

 Janaury 2009

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt