Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Multicast AAA coordinated between Content Provider(s) and Network Service Provider(s)
	Author(s)	: H. Ohta, H. Satou, S. Vaidya, T. Hayashi, H. He
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-07.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2009-1-12
	
This memo presents requirements in the area of accounting and 
     access control for IP multicasting.  The scope of the 
     requirements is limited to cases that Authentication,
     Accounting and Authorization (AAA) functions are coordinated
     between Content Provider(s) and Network Service Provider(s).
     General requirements for accounting and admission control
     capabilities including quality-of-service (QoS) related issues
     are listed.  This memo assumes that these capabilities can be
     realized by functions implemented at edges of a network based 
     on IGMP or MLD.  Finally, cases for Content Delivery Services
     (CDS) are described as application examples which could benefit
     from multicasting accounting and access control capabilities as
     described in this memo. 
      
     This memo defines requirements related to AAA issues for multi-
     entity provider models in which the network service provider and 
     content provider cooperate to provide CDS and various related AAA 
     functions for purposes such as protecting and accounting for the 
     access to content and network resources.  The requirements are 
     generally not relevant to cases in which there is not a reason to 
     share AAA functions between separate entities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt