Subject: I-D Action:draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Extended Community Attribute for QoS Marking
	Author(s)       : T. Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-01-07

This document specifies a simple signalling mechanism for inter-
domain QoS marking using several instances of a new BGP Extended
Community Attribute.  Class based packet marking and forwarding is
currently performed independently within ASes.  The new QoS marking
attribute makes the targeted Per Hop Behaviour within the IP prefix
advertising AS and the currently applied marking at the
interconnection point known to all access and transit ASes.  This
enables individual (re-)marking and possibly forwarding treatment
adaptation to the original QoS class setup of the respective
originating AS.  The attribute provides the means to signal QoS
markings on different layers, which are linked together in QoS Class
Sets.  It provides inter-domain and cross-layer insight into the QoS
class mapping of the source AS with minimal signalling traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt