Subject: I-D Action:draft-broyer-http-cookie-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Cookie-based HTTP Authentication
	Author(s)       : T. Broyer
	Filename        : draft-broyer-http-cookie-auth-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-01-04

This document specifies an HTTP authentication scheme for use when
credentials are validated by an out-of-band mechanism (not defined
here) and later communicated to the server through the use of a
cookie.  Which out-of-band mechanism should be used, and how, is
described by the 401 (Unauthorized) response body.  It is common
practice that this mechanism is an HTML form, sending the user's
credentials with the use of an HTTP POST request to a tier URL which
will set a cookie in response; though this document doesn't preclude
the use of other mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-broyer-http-cookie-auth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt