Subject: I-D Action:draft-schierl-avt-rtp-ntp-for-layered-codecs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:15:03 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP NTP header extension for decoding order recovery in layered codecs
	Author(s)       : T. Schierl
	Filename        : draft-schierl-avt-rtp-ntp-for-layered-codecs-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-01-15

This memo describes an RTP header extension mechanism to be used 
with timestamp-based decoding order recovery of RTP flows containing 
layered codecs.  The header extension may be most useful in the 
presence of clock skew as well as for early decoding order recovery.  
The RTP header extension is based on [RFC5285] and extends the RTP 
header by the lower 56bit part of the NTP timestamp corresponding to 
the RTP timestamp of the same packet as defined in [RFC3550] for the 
RTCP sender reports.  This memo further gives guidance on how 
decoding order is recovered in RTP flows using the NTP timestamp 
information when parts of a layered, multi-view or multi-
descriptions coding media are transported in different RTP flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schierl-avt-rtp-ntp-for-layered-codecs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt