Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-sbc-funcs-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 06:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements from SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Session Border Control Deployments
	Author(s)       : J. Hautakorpi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-sbc-funcs-08.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-01-05

This document describes functions implemented in Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) intermediaries known as Session Border Controllers
(SBCs).  The goal of this document is to describe the commonly
provided functions of SBCs.  A special focus is given to those
practices that are viewed to be in conflict with SIP architectural
principles.  This document also explores the underlying requirements
of network operators that have led to the use of these functions and
practices in order to identify protocol requirements and determine
whether those requirements are satisfied by existing specifications
or additional standards work is required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sbc-funcs-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt