Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RBridge VLAN Mapping
	Author(s)	: R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2009-1-21
	
   Some bridge products perform a feature known as "VLAN mapping", in
   which a bridge translates a data frame's VLAN ID from one VLAN to
   another when it forwards a frame from one port to another. This
   feature facilitates scenarios such as combining two bridged LANs with
   overlapping VLAN IDs into one bridged LAN without merging two
   communities just because they have been given the same VLAN ID in the
   original two clouds. This document describes how RBridges can achieve
   the same functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt