Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-tmrg-tests-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 01:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Common TCP Evaluation Suite
	Author(s)       : L. Andrew, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-tmrg-tests-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-01-06

This document presents an evaluation test suite for the initial
evaluation of proposed TCP modifications.  The goal of the test suite
is to allow researchers to quickly and easily evaluate their proposed
TCP extensions in simulators and testbeds using a common set of well-
defined, standard test cases, in order to compare and contrast
proposals against standard TCP as well as other proposed
modifications.  This test suite is not intended to result in an
exhaustive evaluation of a proposed TCP modification or new
congestion control mechanism.  Instead, the focus is on quickly and
easily generating an initial evaluation report that allows the
networking community to understand and discuss the behavioral aspects
of a new proposal, in order to guide further experimentation that
will be needed to fully investigate the specific aspects of a new
proposal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-tests-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt