Subject: I-D Action:draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A SIP Event Package for Subscribing to Changes to an HTTP Resource
	Author(s)       : A. Roach
	Filename        : draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-01-08

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is increasingly being used in
systems that are tightly coupled with Hypertext Transport Protocol
(HTTP) servers for a variety of reasons.  In many of these cases,
applications can benefit from being able to discover, in near-real-
time, when a specific HTTP resource is created, changed, or deleted.
This document proposes a mechanism, based on the SIP events
framework, for doing so.

This document further proposes that the HTTP work necessary to make
such a mechanism work be extensible to support protocols other than
SIP for monitoring HTTP resources.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt