Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-parikh-bundle-superseding-extension-block-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Delay-Tolerant Networking Superseding Bundle Extension Block
	Author(s)	: S. Parikh, S. Symington, K. Scott, R. Durst, R. Edell
	Filename	: draft-parikh-bundle-superseding-extension-block-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2009-1-6
	
This document defines an optional Bundle Protocol block called the
   Superseding Bundle Extension Block (SBEB) for use with the Bundle
   Protocol in the context of the Delay-Tolerant Networking
   Architecture.  Applications use this block to call for the removal of
   previously sent bundles that are rendered obsolete by more recent
   bundles.  Upon receiving a bundle with an SBEB, a node will search
   its bundle store (and outbound queues) for bundles that are obsoleted
   by other related bundles according to their source and destination
   EID, and the SBEB cookie (if present), and may delete some or all of
   them.  Discarding obsolete bundles helps conserve storage space and
   prevents expending resources in further forwarding bundles that are
   no longer relevant.  The bundle protocol already uses expiration
   times to remove bundles that are no longer useful to applications.
   The SBEB is a way for applications to mark bundles that a node may
   delete prior to their expiration times.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-parikh-bundle-superseding-extension-block-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt