Subject: I-D Action:draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Sieves and display directives in XML
	Author(s)       : N. Freed, S. Vedam
	Filename        : draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2009-01-14

This document describes a way to represent Sieve email filtering
language scripts in XML.  Representing sieves in XML is intended not
as an alternate storage format for Sieve but rather as a means to
facilitate manipulation of scripts using XML tools.

The XML representation also defines additional elements that have no
counterparts in the regular Sieve language.  These elements are
intended for use by graphical user interfaces and provide facilities
for labeling or grouping sections of a script so they can be
displayed more conveniently.  These elements are represented as
specially structured comments in regular Sieve format.

Change History (to be removed prior to publication as an RFC

Changed representation of comments in XML to use a comment element.

Updatde references.

Added an IANA registration of a URN for the Sieve namespace.

Updated XML Schema to allow largely unrestricted use of material in
other namespaces.

Add compact Relax NG schema.

Updated example stylesheet to handle material in other namespaces.

Corrected stylesheet handling of <comment> elements.

Added a section defining the structured comment convention.

Moved the examples section to an appendix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt