Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-info-events-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INFO Method and Package Framework
	Author(s)       : E. Burger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-info-events-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2009-01-27

This document defines the new SIP INFO method and a mechanism for
defining, negotiating and exchanging Info Packages that use the INFO
method.  Applications that need to exchange session-related
information within a SIP INVITE-created dialog, also known as
application level information, use these INFO requests.  This draft
addresses issues and open items from RFC 2976 and replaces it.

Conventions Used in this Document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].
The terminology in this document conforms to the Internet Security
Glossary [RFC4949].

Be mindful of the terms User Agent Server (UAS) and User Agent Client
(UAC).  This document strictly follows RFC 3261 [RFC3261].  The UAC
issues a SIP request and the UAS responds.  This terminology may be
confusing when one combines the INFO case with the INVITE case.  For
an INVITE, the initiator of the session is the UAC and the target of
the session is the UAS.  However, it is possible for the target UA of
the session, the UAS of the INVITE transaction, to send an INFO to
the initiating UA of the session, the UAC of the INVITE transaction.
>From the perspective of the INFO, the target UA of the session
(INVITE UAS) is, in fact, the UAC (sender) of the INFO request.
Likewise, from the perspective of the INFO, the initiating UA of the
session (INVITE UAC) is the UAS (recipient) of the INFO request.
Since this document strictly follows RFC 3261, we refer to the UA
that issues the INVITE as the "initiating UA" and the UA that
responds to the INVITE as the "target UA" to remove any confusion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-info-events-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt