Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Synchronizing Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol based Service Boundaries and Mapping Elements
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, H. Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-01-24

The Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol is an XML-based
protocol for mapping service identifiers and geodetic or civic
location information to service URIs and service boundaries.  In
particular, it can be used to determine the location-appropriate
Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for emergency services.

The main data structure, the XML <mapping> element, used for
encapsulating information about service boundaries is defined in the
LoST protocol specification and circumscribes the region within which
all locations map to the same service URI or set of URIs for a given
service.

This document defines an XML protocol to exchange these mappings
between two nodes.  As motived in the Location-to-URL Mapping
Architecture document this mechanism is useful for the
synchronization of top-level LoST Forest Guides.  This document is,
however, even useful in a deployment that does not make use of the
LoST protocol but purely wants to distribute service boundaries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt