Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Overview of Existing Routing Protocols for Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)	: A. Tavakoli, S. Dawson-Haggerty, P. Levis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-05.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2009-1-26
	
Networks of low power wireless devices introduce novel IP routing
   issues.  Low-power wireless devices, such as sensors, actuators and
   smart objects, have difficult constraints: very limited memory,
   little processing power, and long sleep periods.  As most of these
   devices are battery-powered, energy efficiency is critically
   important.  Wireless link qualities can vary significantly over time,
   requiring protocols to make agile decisions yet minimize topology
   change energy costs.  Routing over such low power and lossy networks
   has novel requirements that existing protocols may not address.  This
   document provides a brief survey of the strengths and weaknesses of
   existing protocols with respect to this class of networks.  From this
   survey it examines whether existing and mature IETF protocols can be
   used without modification in these networks, or whether further work
   is necessary.
   is necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt