Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: HELD Identity Extensions
	Author(s)	: M. Thomson, H. Tschofenig, R. Barnes, J. Winterbottom
	Filename	: draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-08.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2009-1-16
	
When a Location Information Server receives a request for location
   information (using the locationRequest message), described in the
   base HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) specification, it uses the
   source IP address of arriving message as a pointer to the location
   determination process.  This is sufficient in environments where an
   Target's location can be determined based on its IP address.

   Two additional use cases are addresses by this document.  In the
   first, the source IP address in the request is not the only
   identifier for the Target.  In the second, an entity other than the
   Target requests the Target's location.

   This document extends the HELD protocol to allow the location request
   message to carry additional identifiers assisting the location
   determination process.  It defines a set of URIs for Target
   identifiers and an XML containment schema.  This extension is used in
   conjunction with HELD to provide Target identification, and set of
   criteria of when to use this extensions are provided.  Examples and
   usage in HELD message syntax are also shown.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt