Subject: I-D Action:draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 04:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Make TCP more Robust to Long Connectivity Disruptions
	Author(s)       : A. Zimmermann, A. Hannemann
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-01-28

TCP was designed with fixed, wired networks in mind.  As a result TCP
performs suboptimal in networks where connectivity disruptions are
frequent, e.g., in wireless (multi-hop) networks.  One reason for the
performance degradation is TCP's over-conservative behavior in face
of long connectivity disruptions.

This document describes how connectivity disruption indications
provided by standard ICMP messages may be exploited to improve TCP's
performance.  An RTO revert strategy is proposed that enables earlier
detection of whether connectivity to a previously disconnected peer
node has been restored or not.  The scheme is a sender only
modification which fully respects the TCP congestion control
principles.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt