Subject: I-D Action:draft-zourzouvillys-sip-via-cookie-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Addressing an Amplification Vulnerability in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Servers
	Author(s)       : T. Zourzouvillys
	Filename        : draft-zourzouvillys-sip-via-cookie-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-02-19

This document addresses a vulnerability in publicly accessible SIP
servers (servers includes both UASes and proxies) that enables them
to be used as an amplifier in a reflected denial of service attack.

As a proposed solution, a mechanism for stateless cookie exchange
between a SIP server and client to ensure that a public SIP server
that wishes to accept SIP requests from hosts over datagram can not
be used as an amplifier for a denial of service attack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zourzouvillys-sip-via-cookie-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.