Subject: I-D Action:draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 04:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Agent-based multicast support for moving networks (NEMO)
	Author(s)       : D. Hugo
	Filename        : draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-02-04

This document describes an approach to support multicast listeners
and senders located within a moving IPv6 network (NEMO). A NEMO
is built up by at least one Mobile Router (MR) and a set of Mobile
Network Nodes (MNNs).  The MR handles all routing related tasks to 
provide connectivity between the MNNs and an access network
including mobility management.  Correspondingly the MR also
subscribes to multicast groups and forwards emerging multicast
traffic on behalf of a MNN.
For optimised routing of multicast data a hierarchical multicast
agent is introduced as a logical entity providing an anchor to the
multicast tree.  In the MR a corresponding functionality is defined
which decides on the location of the specific agent to be used for a
distinct multicast traffic.

Conventions used in this document
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.