Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous Hop Insertion Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-02-17

This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
Bundle Protocol [refs.DTNBP] within the context of a Delay-Tolerant
Network architecture [refs.DTNarch].  This Previous Hop Insertion
Block is designed to be inserted by a forwarding node to provide
information to its next-hop receiving node.  This block is always
removed from the bundle by the receiving node so that it's duration
within the bundle lasts for exactly one hop.  It provides a general
insertion capability to enable any node that forwards a bundle to
insert an arbitrary record (or records) of information into the
bundle.  While this block is defined to provide an arbitrary
insertion capability, this specification also defines two specific,
mandatory, information record formats for the information that may be
carried in the Previous Hop Insertion block.  Using these mandatory
information record formats, an insertion block may be used to
indicate the inserting/forwarding node's endpoint ID (EID), which may
be required in some circumstances to support certain routing
protocols (e.g., flood routing).  This document defines the format
and processing of this Previous Hop Insertion Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.