Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2009-02-06

The operation of optical networks can require a level of detail in 
the characterization of network elements, subsystems, devices, and 
cabling not typically encountered with other networking technologies. 
In addition, these physical characteristics may be important to 
consider during typical day-to-day operations such as optical path 
establishment, as well as during the network planning, installation, 
and turn-up phases. This document discusses how the definition and 
characterization of optical fiber, devices, subsystems, and network 
elements contained in various ITU-T recommendations can be combined 
with common control and measurement plane and path computation 
element technologies to support Impairment Aware Routing and 
Wavelength Assignment (IA-RWA) in optical networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.