Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON)
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2009-02-09

This memo provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi-
Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element 
(PCE) architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical 
networks (WSON).  In particular we provide control plane models for 
key wavelength switched optical network subsystems and processes. The 
subsystems include wavelength division multiplexed links, tunable 
laser transmitters, reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers 
(ROADM) and wavelength converters.  

Lightpath provisioning, in general, requires the routing and 
wavelength assignment (RWA) process. This process is reviewed and the 
information requirements, both static and dynamic for this process 
are presented, along with alternative implementation scenarios that 
could be realized via GMPLS/PCE and/or extended GMPLS/PCE protocols. 
This memo does NOT address optical impairments in any depth and 
focuses on topological elements and path selection constraints that 
are common across different WSON environments.  It is expected that a 
variety of different techniques will be applied to optical 
impairments depending on the type of WSON, such as access, metro or 
long haul.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.