Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 04:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Media Control Channel Framework
	Author(s)       : C. Boulton, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-09.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2009-02-19

This document describes a Framework and protocol for application
deployment where the application programming logic and media
processing are distributed.  This implies that application
programming logic can seamlessly gain access to appropriate resources
that are not co-located on the same physical network entity.  The
framework uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to establish an
application-level control mechanism between application servers and
associated external servers such as media servers.

The motivation for the creation of this Framework is to provide an
interface suitable to meet the requirements of a distributed,
centralized conference system, as defined by the IETF.  It is not,
however, limited to this scope and it is envisioned that this generic
Framework will be used for a wide variety of de-coupled control
architectures between network entities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.