Subject: I-D Action:draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) End-to-End Encryption Using Transport Layer Security ("XTLS")
	Author(s)       : D. Meyer, P. Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-02-28

This document specifies "XTLS", a protocol for end-to-end encryption
of Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) traffic via an
application-level usage of Transport Layer Security (TLS).  XTLS
treats the end-to-end exchange of XML stanzas as a virtual transport
and uses TLS to secure that transport, thus enabling XMPP entities to
communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
tampering, and forgery of XML stanzas.  The protocol can be used for
secure end-to-end messaging as well as any others application such as
file transfer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.