Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Retransmission Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-02-17

This document defines an optional extension block, called a
Retransmission Block, that may be used with the Bundle Protocol
[refs.DTNBP] within the context of a Delay-Tolerant Network
architecture [refs.DTNarch].  The Retransmission Block (RB) is
designed to be inserted by a custodian when re-forwarding a bundle,
so as to mark the bundle as a legitimate custody-based retransmission
rather than an unauthorized bundle duplicate.  By providing a way for
nodes that receive the re-forwarded bundle to distinguish it from an
unauthorized duplicate, the RB enables those nodes whose local
security policies do not permit them to forward unauthorized
duplicate bundles to detect and delete unauthorized bundle duplicates
but forward legitimate custody-based bundle retransmissions.  This
document defines the format and processing of this new Retransmission
Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.