Subject: I-D Action:draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctp-nonce-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ECN Nonces for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, N. Spring
	Filename        : draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctp-nonce-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-02-16

This document describes the addition of the ECN-nonce RFC 3540
[RFC3540] to the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) RFC 2960
[RFC2960].  The ECN-nonce reduces the vulnerability of ECN senders to
misbehaving receivers that conceal congestion signals like ECN marks
and packet losses.  The ECN-nonce approach is different in SCTP
because SCTP uses chunks for extensible protocol features and is
selective acknowlegement (SACK)-based; this document describes those
differences.  In particular this document describes (1) protocol
extensions in the form of a single new parameter for the INIT/
INIT-ACK chunks, and a single bit flag in the SACK chunk, and (2)
rules governing the sender and receiver side implementation.

This document outlines a minimum response that an SCTP sender should
apply after detecting a misbehaving receiver.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctp-nonce-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.