Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brusilovsky-pak-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Password-Authenticated Diffie-Hellman Exchange (PAK)
	Author(s)	: I. Faynberg, S. Patel, Z. Zeltsan, A. Brusilovsky
	Filename	: draft-brusilovsky-pak-09.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2009-2-6
	
This document proposes to add mutual authentication, based on
human-memorizable password, to the basic unauthenticated Diffie-Hellman key exchange. The proposed algorithm is called Password-authenticated
Key exchange (PAK). PAK allows two parties to authenticate themselves
while performing the Diffie-Hellman exchange.

The protocol is secure against all passive and active attacks.
In particular, it does not allow either type of attackers to obtain any
information that would enable an off-line dictionary attack on the
password. PAK provides Forward Secrecy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-pak-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.