Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Transmission of SYSLOG message over DTLS
	Author(s)	: H. Feng
	Filename	: draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2009-2-25
	
   This document describes a Transport for the Syslog Protocol, which
   uses the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  The DTLS
   protocol provides authentication and privacy services for SYSLOG
   applications.  This document describes how using DTLS to transport
   SYSLOG messages makes this protection possible in an interoperable
   way.

   This transport is designed to meet the security and operational needs
   of network administrators, operate in environments where a
   connectionless (UDP) transport is preferred, and integrates well into
   existing public keying infrastructures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.