Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Information Model for Impaired Optical Path Validation
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-02-24

This document provides an information model for the optical 
impairment characteristics of optical network elements for use in 
path computation and optical path validation. This model is based on 
ITU-T defined optical network element characteristics as given in 
ITU-T recommendation G.680 and related specifications. This model is 
intentionally compatible with a previous impairment free optical 
information model used in optical path computations and wavelength 
assignment. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.