Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mpls-tp-bnm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Backward Notify Message Packet
	Author(s)       : G. Liu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-liu-mpls-tp-bnm-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-02-23

This document specifies an extension to MPLS BDI packet to form a new
type of OAM packet BNM(Backward Notify Message) , this BNM packet
will not only have the function of informing source MEP about
existing fault in the back of path like MPLS BDI packet, but also it
may response or feedback to performance and test aspect.  And these
response or fault indication information will be encapsulated in BNM
packet by the way of TLV packet.  So it may decrease the number of
OAM type and keep compatibility with MPLS network. on the other hand,
this encapsulating these feedback or response information by the way
of TLV packet will be easy to extend OAM function to operate an MPLS
Transport profile(MPLS-TP) label switched path (LSP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mpls-tp-bnm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.