Subject: I-D Action:draft-perkins-sourceipnat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Translating IPv4 to IPv6 based on source IPv4 address
	Author(s)       : C. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-perkins-sourceipnat-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-02-20

A method is proposed to enable communications between an IPv4-only
node in today's Internet and an IPv6-only node, initiated by the
IPv4-only node.  The communication depends on allocation of a flow
record and address triggered by a DNS query received for the target
v6-only node.  DNS query conventions can be agreed upon to provide a
natural model for resolving IPv4 queries for IPv6-only nodes.  The
NAT mechanism proposed demultiplexes multiple sessions through the
same dynamically allocated IP address, using flow records matching
the source address of incoming packets.  This is in contrast to the
use of ports in NAT-PT boxes, which inhibits the support of incoming
traffic towards a node behind the NAT-PT.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-sourceipnat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.