Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update
	Author(s)	: M. Upadhyay, S. Malkani
	Filename	: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-05.txt
	Pages		: 95
	Date		: 2009-2-16
	
The Generic Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-API)offers application programmers uniform access to security services atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.  This document updates the Java bindings for the GSS-API that are specified in
"Generic Security Service API version 2 : Java Bindings" (RFC2853).
This document obsoletes RFC 2853 by making specific and incremental
clarifications and corrections to it in response to identification of
transcription errors and implementation experience.

   The GSS-API is described at a language independent conceptual level
   in "Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2,
   Update 1" (RFC2743).  The GSS-API allows a caller application to
   authenticate a principal identity, to delegate rights to a peer, and
   to apply security services such as confidentiality and integrity on a
   per-message basis.  Examples of security mechanisms defined for GSS-
   API are "The Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism" (RFC2025) and "The
   Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism (RFC4121).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.