Subject: I-D Action:draft-khoa-treemap-xcast6-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 02:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Xcast6 Treemap: An extension of Xcast6
	Author(s)       : K. Phan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-khoa-treemap-xcast6-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-02-20

Xcast6 (Explicit Multi-unicast for IPv6) is a new multicast scheme 
that supports very large number of small multicast sessions. Xcast6 
sends data via optimal route without traffic redundancy when Xcast-
aware routers exist; otherwise, data will be sent in daisy-chain 
form. In this document, we propose Xcast6 Treemap - an extension of 
Xcast6. Using Xcast6 Treemap, data can be branched not only at source 
but also at remote hosts, solving the limitation of daisy-chain 
connection. Xcast6 Treemap utilizes existing multicast infrastructure 
(Xcast-aware routers) to improve application performance and reduce 
traffic redundancy on network; also, it automatically switches to 
end-host multicast operation mode in the absence of Xcast-aware 
router. For widely deployment of Xcast6, routers must be upgraded 
gradually. This requires a long term strategy and Xcast6 Treemap is a 
good choice for incremental deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-khoa-treemap-xcast6-extension-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.