Subject: I-D Action:draft-thomson-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Location Information Server (LIS) Discovery From Behind Residential Gateways
	Author(s)       : M. Thomson
	Filename        : draft-thomson-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-02-11

The residential gateway is an ubiquitous device that has become an
integral part of home networking equipment.  Discovering a Location
Information Server (LIS) is a necessary part of aquiring location
information for location-based services.  However, discovering a LIS
when a residential gateway is present poses a configuration
challenge, requiring a method that is able to work around the
obstacle presented by the gateway.

This document describes the problem of discovering a LIS in the
presence of a residential gateway.  The current version includes two
proposed solutions to this problem, which will be evaluated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomson-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.