Subject: I-D Action:draft-korhonen-netext-redirect-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 04:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proxy Mobile IPv6 Mobility Session Redirection Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : J. Korhonen
	Filename        : draft-korhonen-netext-redirect-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-02-09

This document discusses a Proxy Mobile IPv6 mobility session
redirection functionality at the Proxy Mobile IPv6 base protocol
level.  The redirection functionality would allow a Local Mobility
Anchor to redirect the Mobile Access Gateway during the Proxy Binding
Update and Acknowledgement exchange to an alternative Local Mobility
Anchor.  The benefit of redirection at the protocol level is that it
removes the dependence on having such functionality provided by the
Authentication, Authorization and, Accounting elements or the Domain
Name System in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 Domain.  Furthermore, doing the
redirection at the base protocol level reduces the amount of
signaling, unnecessary costly setup of mobility sessions and
unnecessary costly interactions with backend systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-netext-redirect-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.