Subject: I-D Action:draft-acee-ospf-transport-instance-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Transport Instance Extensions
	Author(s)       : A. Lindem, et al.
	Filename        : draft-acee-ospf-transport-instance-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-02-08

OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 include a reliable flooding mechanism to
disseminate routing topology and Traffic Engineering (TE) information
within a routing domain.  Given the effectiveness of these
mechanisms, it is convenient to envision using the same mechanism for
dissemination of other types of information within the domain.
However, burdening OSPF with this additional information will impact
intra-domain routing convergence and possibly jeopardize the
stability of the OSPF routing domain.  This document presents
mechanism to relegate this ancillary information to a separate OSPF
instance and minimize the impact.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-acee-ospf-transport-instance-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.