Subject: I-D Action:draft-xli-behave-ivi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 05:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prefix-specific and Stateless Address Mapping (IVI) for IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition
	Author(s)       : X. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xli-behave-ivi-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-02-09

This document presents the concept and practice of the prefix-
specific and stateless address mapping mechanism (IVI) for IPv4/IPv6
coexistence and transition.  In this scheme, subsets of the IPv4
addresses are embedded in prefix-specific IPv6 addresses and these
IPv6 addresses can therefore communicate with the global IPv6
networks directly and can communicate with the global IPv4 networks
via stateless gateways.  The IVI scheme supports the end-to-end
address transparency and incremental deployment.  This document is a
comprehensive report on the IVI design and its deployment in large
scale public networks.

Version 01 of the IVI document is a simplified version of version 00
to present the main concepts and recent practice of the IVI
translation scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xli-behave-ivi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.