Subject: I-D Action:draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 05:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reduced Backus-Naur Form (RBNF) A Syntax Used in Various Protocol Specifications
	Author(s)       : A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-02-05

Several protocols have been specified in the Routing Area of the IETF
using a common variant of the Backus-Naur Form (BNF) of representing
message syntax. However, there is no formal definition of this
version of BNF.

There is value in using the same variant of BNF for the set of
protocols that are commonly used together. This reduces confusion and
simplifies implementation.

Updating existing documents to use some other variant of BNF that is
already formally documented would be a substantial piece of work.

This document provides a formal definition of the variant of BNF that
has been used (that we call Reduced BNF), and makes it available for
use by new protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.