Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 03:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple Tunnel Endpoint Signaling in BGP
	Author(s)       : X. Xu, P. Francis
	Filename        : draft-xu-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-02-11

Virtual Aggregation (VA) is a mechanism for shrinking the size of the
DFZ FIB in routers [I-D.francis-intra-va].  VA can result in longer
paths and increased load on routers within the ISP that deploys VA.
This document describes a mechanism that allows an AS that originates
a route to associate a tunnel endpoint terminating at itself with the
route.  This allows routers in a remote AS to tunnel packets to the
originating AS.  If transit ASes between the remote AS and the
originating AS install the prefixes associated with tunnel endpoints
in their FIBs, then tunneled packets that transit through them will
take the shortest path.  This results in reduced load for the transit
AS, and better performance for the customers at the source and
destination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-tunnel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.