Subject: I-D Action:draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework
	Author(s)       : L. Berger, L. Fang
	Filename        : draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2009-02-22

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports both static 

 provisioning of transport paths via an NMS/OSS, and dynamic 

 provisioning of transport paths via a control plane. This 

 document provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic 

 provisioning, and covers control plane signaling, routing, 

 addressing, traffic engineering, path computation, and 

 recovery in the event of network failures. The document 

 focuses on the control of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) as the 

 Pseudowire (PW) control plane is not modified by MPLS-TP.  

 MPLS-TP uses GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP LSPs. 

 Backwards compatibility to MPLS is required. Management plane, 

 manual configuration, the triggering of LSP setup, label 

 allocation schemes, and hybrid services are out of scope of 

 this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.