Subject: I-D Action:draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : On the generation of TCP timestamps
	Author(s)       : F. Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-02-02

This document describes an algorithm for selecting the timestamps (TS
value) used for TCP connections that use the TCP timestamp option,
such that the resulting timestamps are monotonically-increasing
across connections that involve the same four-tuple {local IP
address, local TCP port, remote IP address, remote TCP port}.  The
properties of the algorithm are such that it reduces the possibility
of an attacker of guessing the exact value.  Additionally, it
describes an algorithm for processing incoming SYN segments that
allows higher connection-establishment rates between any two TCP
endpoints when a TCP timestamps option is present in the incoming SYN
segment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt