Subject: I-D Action:draft-damic-6man-pmip6-ind-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 13:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proxy Mobile IPv6 indication and discovery
	Author(s)       : D. Damic
	Filename        : draft-damic-6man-pmip6-ind-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-03-04

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a network-based mobility protocol that
enables mobility management for an IP host as it moves across
different points of attachment within the mobility domain.  An IP
host whose mobility is being managed by the network is unaware of the
access networks capability providing PMIPv6 mobility management on
its behalf.  This draft proposes mechanisms by which the host is
informed of PMIPv6, as well as means to actively discover such
capability in the network the host is attaching to.  The ability of
the host to discover or be aware of PMIPv6 support in the access
network enables better decision making in terms of the network
selection, attach procedure, choice of mobility management, as well
as the service/session and even application configuration abilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-damic-6man-pmip6-ind-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.