Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-sam-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) Avoiding NATs and restoring the end-to-end model in IPv6
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-sam-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-03-24

Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) is a generic mechanism to support
global addressing across network zones where routing is based on a
different address space.  With it, the end-to-end model, lost in IPv4
with the deployment of NATs, can be restored without losing services
that NAT44s offer beyond address-space extension (private addressing,
basic firewall, site multihoming, privacy protection, host-rooted
subnets).  Global-address packets are encapsulated in local-address
packets to traverse SAM zones, and global prefixes are statelessly
mapped into local addresses.  For the IPv6-IPv4 coexistence period,
port-restricted IPv4 addresses are used to extend the global IPv4
address space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-sam-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.