Subject: I-D Action:draft-weaver-alto-edge-caches-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Peer to Peer Localization Services and Edge Caches
	Author(s)       : N. Weaver
	Filename        : draft-weaver-alto-edge-caches-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-03-04

Without caches in the infrastructure, peer to peer content delivery's
primary effect is cost shifting rather than cost savings.  Even with
perfect localization, depending on the relative cost of last-mile
uplink bandwidth verses transport bandwidth, P2P may substantially
increase aggregate cost.  Yet the addition of edge caches, caches
located in the ISPs near the customers, radically change the
economics of P2P content delivery.  Edge caches interact very
strongly with localization services for P2P content delivery, and any
localization service must be tightly integrated into edge-cache
operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weaver-alto-edge-caches-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.