Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-evolution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:45:03 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Evolution Towards Global Routing Scalability
	Author(s)	: B. Zhang, L. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-zhang-evolution-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2009-3-4
	
   Internet routing scalability has long been considered a serious
   problem.  Over the years many efforts have been devoted to address
   this problem, however the IETF community as a whole is yet to achieve
   a shared understanding on what is the best way forward.  We step up a
   level to re-examine the problem and the ongoing efforts, and
   conclude, to effectively solve the routing scalability problem, we
   first need a clear understanding on how to introduce solutions to the
   Internet, which is a global scale deployed system.  In this draft we
   sketch out our reasoning on the need for an evolutionary path towards
   scaling the global routing system, instead of attempting a new
   design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-evolution-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.