Subject: I-D Action:draft-chown-addr-select-considerations-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for IPv6 Address Selection Policy Changes
	Author(s)       : T. Chown
	Filename        : draft-chown-addr-select-considerations-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-03-09

RFC 3484 (IPv6 Default Address Selection) [RFC3484] defines
mechanisms for nodes to perform source and destination address
selection choices when faced with multiple addresses to choose
between when initiating a communication.  While RFC3484 recognised
the need for implementations to be able to change the policy table, a
requirement has now also emerged for administrators to be able to
dynamically change the policy tables from a central control point,
and for nomadic hosts to be able to obtain the policy for the network
that they are currently attached to without manual user intervention.
This text discusses considerations for such policy changes, including
examples of cases where a change of policy is required, and the
likely frequency of such policy changes.  This text also includes
some discussion on the need to also update RFC3484, where default
policies are currently defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-addr-select-considerations-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.