Subject: I-D Action:draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 CPE Router Recommendations
	Author(s)       : H. Singh, W. Beebee
	Filename        : draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-03-06

This document recommends IPv6 behavior for Customer Premises
Equipment (CPE) routers in Internet-enabled homes and small offices.
The CPE Router may be a standalone device.  The CPE Router may also
be embedded in a device such as a cable modem, DSL modem, cellular
phone, etc.  This document describes the router portion of such a
device.  The purpose behind this document is to provide minimal
functionality for interoperability and create consistency in the
customer experience and satisfy customer expectations for the device.
Further, the document also provide some guidance for implementers to
expedite availability of IPv6 CPE router products in the marketplace.
It is expected that standards bodies other than the IETF developing
standards for specific products in this area (e.g.  CableLabs
eRouter, DSL Forum, Home Gateway Initiative, etc.) may reference this
work for basic functionality and provide value-added or linktype-
specific customizations and enhancements which are beyond the scope
of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.