Subject: I-D Action:draft-gurbani-sipping-clf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Common Log File (CLF) format for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : V. Gurbani, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gurbani-sipping-clf-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-03-09

Well-known web servers such as Apache and web proxies like Squid
support event logging using a common log format.  The logs produced
using these de-facto standard formats are invaluable to system
administrators for trouble-shooting a server and tool writers to
craft tools that mine the log files and produce reports and trends.
Furthermore, these log files can also be used to train anomaly
detection systems and feed events into a security event management
system.  The Session Initiation Protocol does not have a common log
format, and as a result, each server supports a distinct log format
that makes it unnecessarily complex to produce tools to do trend
analysis and security detection.  We propose a common log file format
for SIP servers that can be used uniformly for proxies, registrars,
redirect servers as well as back-to-back user agents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sipping-clf-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.