Subject: I-D Action:draft-patil-dhc-apn-attachtype-options-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCP options for Access Point Name and attach type indication
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, et al.
	Filename        : draft-patil-dhc-apn-attachtype-options-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-03-08

Access Point Names are used in wireless networks which are based on
3GPP standards to identify a specific gateway element.  A mobile node
which attaches via a 3GPP access network indicates the gateway to
which connectivity is desired by providing the gateways access point
name, in the network attach signaling messages.  This document
specifies a new DHCP option which enables the mobile node to request
connectivity to a gateway, identified by the access point name, in
DHCP messages.  A mobile node whose mobility is managed by the
network using Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol may perform a handover from
one access technology to another.  This document defines a DHCP
option which enables the host to indicate to Proxy Mobile IPv6
elements in the access network if the attachment via the new
interface is a handover or a new connection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-dhc-apn-attachtype-options-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.