Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Connection Reuse in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : V. Gurbani, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-13.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This document enables a pair of communicating proxies to reuse a
congestion-controlled connection between themselves for sending
requests in the forward and backwards direction.  Because the
connection is essentially aliased for requests going in the backwards
direction, reuse is predicated upon both the communicating endpoints
authenticating themselves using X.509 certificates through TLS.  For
this reason, we only consider connection reuse for TLS over TCP and
TLS over SCTP.  This document also provides guidelines on connection
reuse and virtual SIP servers and the interaction of connection reuse
and DNS SRV lookups in SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.