Subject: I-D Action:draft-jarvinen-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) Information to Determine Duplicate Acknowledgements for Loss Recovery Initiation
	Author(s)       : I. Jarvinen, M. Kojo
	Filename        : draft-jarvinen-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-03-04

This document describes a TCP sender algorithm to trigger loss
 recovery based on the information gathered on a SACK scoreboard
 instead of simply counting the number of arriving duplicate
 acknowledgements in the traditional way. The given algorithm is more
 robust to ACK losses, ACK reordering, missed duplicate
 acknowledgements due to delayed acknowledgements, and extra
 duplicate acknowledgements due to duplicated segments and out-of-
 window segments. The algorithm allows not only a timely initiation
 of TCP loss recovery but also reduces false fast retransmits.  It
 has a low implementation cost on top of the SACK scoreboard defined
 in RFC 3517.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jarvinen-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.