Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-state-sip-relay-attack-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP digest authentication relay attack
	Author(s)	: R. State, O. Festor, H. Abdelnur, V. Pascual, J. Kuthan
	Filename	: draft-state-sip-relay-attack-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2009-3-2
	
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP [RFC3261]) provides a mechanism
   for creating, modifying, and terminating sessions with one or more
   participants.  This document describes a vulnerability of SIP
   combined with HTTP Digest Access Authentication [RFC2617] through
   which an attacker can leverage the victim's credentials to send
   authenticated requests on his behalf.  This attack is different from
   the man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack and does not require any
   eavesdropping, DNS or IP spoofing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-state-sip-relay-attack-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.