Subject: I-D Action:draft-ford-shared-addressing-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Issues with ISP Responses to IPv4 Address Exhaustion
	Author(s)       : A. Durand, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ford-shared-addressing-issues-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-03-03

The looming completion of IPv4 address allocations from IANA and the
RIRs is already causing ISPs around the world to start to question
how they will continue providing IPv4 service to IPv4-speaking
customers when there are no longer sufficient IPv4 addresses to
allocate them one per customer.  Several possible solutions to this
problem are now emerging and this memo identifies important criteria
to be borne in mind when evaluating these solutions.  We also seek to
identify serious issues that remain even when mechanisms meeting our
criteria are adopted.  We wish to stress that these solutions have a
number of common, and potentially serious, issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-shared-addressing-issues-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.