Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Rapid Multicast Synchronization Report Block Type for RTCP XR
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-03-03

In most RTP-based multicast applications, the RTP source sends inter-
related data.  Due to the dependency in the multicast data, randomly
joining RTP receivers may not be able to start usefully consuming the
data upon joining the multicast session, thus, they often experience
a random synchronization delay.  In order to reduce this delay, an
auxiliary unicast RTP session that facilitates rapid synchronization
with the multicast session may be used between a retransmission
server and RTP receivers.  Yet, due to various random components
pertaining to the RTP data and networking infrastructure, the
performance of rapid synchronization may vary.  For quality reporting
and diagnostics, it is important to collect detailed information from
the RTP receivers about their rapid synchronization experiences.
This document addresses this issue by defining a new report block
type, called Rapid Multicast Synchronization Report Block, within the
framework of RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  This
document also defines the necessary signaling of the new report block
type in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avt-rapid-sync-rtcp-xr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.