Subject: I-D Action:draft-hoeper-proxythreat-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Threat Model for Networks Employing AAA Proxies
	Author(s)       : S. Winter, K. Hoeper
	Filename        : draft-hoeper-proxythreat-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This memo defines a threat model for access networks with AAA
proxies.  Use cases of current and future applications in which AAA
proxies are employed are described and it is discussed how proxies
could launch attacks in the defined use cases.  The risk associated
with these attacks in each use case is analyzed.  In addition,
mitigation techniques used in current AAA deployments are discussed
and best practices for mitigating the identified attacks are
identified.  As a result, this draft can serve as a guideline for
risk assessments and problem mitigation by providers, implementers
and protocol designers of systems with proxies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoeper-proxythreat-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.