Subject: I-D Action:draft-vyncke-vdv-v6ops-conf-stats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Deployment and Statistics at a Conference
	Author(s)       : E. Vyncke, G. Van de Velde
	Filename        : draft-vyncke-vdv-v6ops-conf-stats-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-03-08

During the Cisco [Cisco] European networkers Conference 2009 that ran
from 26th to 29th January in Barcelona native IPv6 was added to the
traditional IPv4 infrastructure.  During this conference the 3500
attendees had dual stack access to both IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously.
The goal of this IPv6 deployment project was to gather usage
statistics in a situation where the end-user just wants to access
his/her enterprise VPN or simply get onto the Internet.  The
collected statistics are not only useful per se but this document
presents easy ways to measure the quality of the IPv6 connectivity
offered on such events.  In essence the users were not conducting
IPv6 technology tests, but were just using Internet services.  The
statistics collected give some pieces of information on the size and
impact of IPv6 onto the normal userbase and will also derive the
importance of IPv6 onto the infrastructiure and end-user operating
systems and firewall technologies.  The experiment ran in
collaboration with Google [Google] and Tata-Communications [Tata].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vyncke-vdv-v6ops-conf-stats-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.