Subject: I-D Action:draft-macdonald-simple-msrp-opaque-path-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Opaque MSRP Path Uri
	Author(s)       : D. MacDonald
	Filename        : draft-macdonald-simple-msrp-opaque-path-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-03-09

The Message Session Relay Protocol(MSRP) does not allow privacy and
topology hiding, such that MSRP users can hide the IP Address of
their systems.  This limitation is due to the fact that MSRP Path
headers contain physical IP addresses.  This document describes a
mechanism which adds a level of indirection to allow privacy and
topology hiding, to prevent remote parties and a man-in-the-middle
from learning the IP Address and port information of the MSRP client.
It also defines the option tag msrp-opaque, to indicate such support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-macdonald-simple-msrp-opaque-path-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.