Subject: I-D Action:draft-malas-enum-trunk-sip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 13:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Trunk Group Use in ENUM
	Author(s)       : D. Malas, T. Creighton
	Filename        : draft-malas-enum-trunk-sip-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-03-04

This document concludes that incorporating trunk group parameters
into an Electronic Number (ENUM) response for the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] service URI is a more effective approach
compared to defining a new ENUM service type for a 'trunk'.  Upon
further review of the existing ENUM trunk group draft
[I-D.ietf-enum-trunkgroup] and practical operator experience, this
draft recommends the use of the current trunk group contexts as
defined in [RFC4904] as additional parameters in the E2U+SIP
enumservice NAPTR record [RFC3403] URI.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-enum-trunk-sip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.