Subject: I-D Action:draft-mao-p2psip-threat-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Threat Analysis for Peer-to-Peer Overlay Networks
	Author(s)       : Y. Mao, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mao-p2psip-threat-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-03-04

This document provides a threat analysis for peer-to-peer networks,
where the system relies on each individual peer to route message,
store data, and provide services.  The threats against P2P network
include those that target individual peers, those that target routing
protocol, those that target identity management, and those that
target stored data.  Focusing on distributed hash table based P2P
network, we first establish a threat model and perform a triage of
various assets in a P2P system.  We then describe each individual
threat in details, including threat description, impact of attack,
and possible mitigations.  The threats and mitigations are discussed
under the context of feasibility and practicality, with the ultimate
goal of achieving better understanding of the threats for secure P2P
system design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mao-p2psip-threat-analysis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.