Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-evolution-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evolution Towards Global Routing Scalability
	Author(s)       : B. Zhang, L. Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-evolution-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-03-09

Internet routing scalability has long been considered a serious
problem.  Over the years many efforts have been devoted to address
this problem, however the IETF community as a whole is yet to achieve
a shared understanding on what is the best way forward.  We step up a
level to re-examine the problem and the ongoing efforts, and conclude
that, to effectively solve the routing scalability problem, we first
need a clear understanding on how to introduce solutions to the
Internet, which is a global scale deployed system.  In this draft we
sketch out our reasoning on the need for an evolutionary path towards
scaling the global routing system, instead of attempting a new
design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-evolution-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.