Subject: I-D Action:draft-miles-behave-l2nat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 13:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Layer2-Aware NAT
	Author(s)       : D. Miles, M. Townsley
	Filename        : draft-miles-behave-l2nat-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-03-04

This document describes a "Layer2-Aware" IPv4-to-IPv4 (NAT44) Service
Provider NAT function that identifies subscriber traffic based on IP-
independent methods such as a link-layer address, VLAN, PPP session,
tunnel, etc. in order to allow one to either avoid "double-NAT"
(NAT444) of subscriber IP traffic altogether, the need for additional
"Shared Service-Provider" IPv4 address space, or partitioning of RFC
1918 space between subscribers.  While the mechanisms described in
this document may be applicable to a variety of network
architectures, the primary focus is on residential "fixed-line"
Internet access.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miles-behave-l2nat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.