Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ccamp-rwa-wson-routing-ospf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 00:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Extensions in Support of Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA) in Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSONs)
	Author(s)       : F. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-rwa-wson-routing-ospf-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-03-01

Wavelength switched optical networks (WSONs) are based on Wavelength 
Division Multiplexing (WDM) in which user traffic is carried by data 
channels of different optical wavelengths. In traditional WDM 
Networks, each wavelength path is statically configured. With the 

 deployment of Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs), 
photonic cross-connects (PXCs), and tunable laser, WSONs have become 
more dynamic, and operators can flexibly set up wavelength paths to 
carry user traffic.

In WSONs where there are no or a limited number of switches capable 
of wavelength conversion paths must be set up subject to the 
"wavelength continuity" constraint. This leads to a path computation 
problem known as routing and wavelength assignment (RWA). In order to 
perform such computations, it is necessary to collect information 
about the available wavelengths within the network. 

This document describes OSPF routing protocols extensions to support 
Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) under the control of 
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS). 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-rwa-wson-routing-ospf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.