Subject: I-D Action:draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LoWPAN simple fragment Recovery
	Author(s)       : P. Thubert, J. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-03-27

Considering that 6LoWPAN packets can be as large as 2K bytes and that
an 802.15.4 frame with security will carry in the order of 80 bytes
of effective payload, a packet might end up fragmented into as many
as 25 fragments at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of those
fragments is lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent,
further contributing to the congestion that might have caused the
initial packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to
recover individual fragments that might be lost over multiple hops
between 6LoWPAN endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.