Subject: I-D Action:draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Router Alert Considerations and Usage
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur
	Filename        : draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-03-09

The IP Router Alert Option is an IP option that alerts transit
routers to more closely examine the contents of an IP packet.  RSVP,
PGM, IGMP/MLD and MRD are some of the protocols which make use of the
IP Router Alert option.  This document discusses security aspects and
common practices around the use of the current IP Router Alert option
and discusses consequences on the use of IP Router Alert by existing
or new applications.  Common practices in IP Router Alert
implementation facilitating router protection are also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.