Subject: I-D Action:draft-tavakoli-hydro-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HYDRO: A Hybrid Routing Protocol for Lossy and Low Power Networks
	Author(s)       : A. Tavakoli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-tavakoli-hydro-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2009-03-09

HYDRO is a hybrid routing protocol for Lossy and Low power Networks
(L2Ns) that embraces centralized and distributed routing mechanisms.
Through the use of standard ICMP Route Advertisements and Route
Solicitations, Node Routers build Default Routes to Border Routers.
These routes, which maintain multiple options per each Node Router
when available, are maintained through data-driven link estimation.
Node Routers periodically report a high-quality subset of their
Default Route Table to Border Routers, which then form a global view
of the topology.  When a Node Router attempts to route to another
Node Router in the network, if no matching entry exists in the Node
Router's Flow Table, it forwards the packet to a Border Router, which
then installs the correct Flow Table Entries in the network to enable
more efficient subsequent routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tavakoli-hydro-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.