Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-rangi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 04:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routing Architecture for the Next Generation Internet (RANGI)
	Author(s)       : X. Xu, O. Drive
	Filename        : draft-xu-rangi-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-03-04

IRTF Routing Research Group (RRG) is exploring a new routing and
addressing 
architecture to meet the challenges that current Internet is facing,
especially in 
terms of routing scalability. This internet draft describes a new routing
and 

 addressing architecture, called Routing Architecture for the Next
Generation 
Internet (RANGI) as a solution to the problems of scalability, mobility, 
multihoming, and traffic engineering. RANGI is a hybrid proposal that
combines and 
enhances the ideas from several proposals particularly those based on 
identifier/locator split approach. It introduces a hierarchical and
cryptographic 
host identifier and adopts a hierarchical routing mechanism to support
routing 
across multiple independent address spaces. To allow smooth transition
from IPv4 
to IPv6, it adopts an IPv6 address with an IPv4 embedded in the last four
bytes as 
locator. This also simplifies renumbering in case of change of service
providers. 
RANGI allows traffic engineering by allowing border routers to overwrite
the 
source addresses. It allows policy control on ID to address translation by
having 
a hierarchical resolution mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-rangi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.