Subject: I-D Action:draft-luo-v6ops-6man-shim6-lbam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Load Balancing based on IPv6 Anycast and pseudo-Mobility
	Author(s)       : W. Luo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-luo-v6ops-6man-shim6-lbam-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-03-23

Load balancing is a key factor for both IPv4 to IPv6 transition
mechnisms, e.g.NAT-PT or Tunnel broker, and Multihoming to improve
their scalability and Robustness.  In fact, that is a method, by
which IP packet can be distributed across a pool of servers, instead
of directing to a single server.Load balancing has been widely used
by NAT, Web service and FTP service.  However, current load balancing
software and implementations have problems such as poor scalability,
inability to balance session flow, long latency time and topological
constraint on server pool.

This document describes a method using pseudo-anycast and pseudo-
mobility based on Mobile IPv6 to implement load balancing in session
level in IPv6 network, by which those problems above can be solved.
Futhermore, this method only need little modification to Mobile IPv6
in the servers' and agent's side; as for the general users, it need
not any modification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-luo-v6ops-6man-shim6-lbam-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.