Subject: I-D Action:draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 23:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Marking of Calls initiated by Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs)
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, H. Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-03-03

After an emerency call is completed it is possible that the need for
further communication between the call-taker and the emergency caller
arises.  For example, further assistance may be needed but the
communication previously got interrupted.  A call-taker may trigger a
callback towards the emergency caller using the contact information
provided with the initial emergency call.  This callback would then
be treated like any other call.  As a consequence, it may get blocked
by authorization policies configured by the person seeking help or
may get forwarded to his answering machine.

The current ECRIT framework document addresses callbacks in a limited
fashion and thereby covers a few scenarios.  This document discusses
shortcomings and raises the question whether additional solution
techniques are needed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.