Subject: I-D Action:draft-song-alto-server-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO): Discover ALTO Servers
	Author(s)       : S. Yongchao, et al.
	Filename        : draft-song-alto-server-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-03-04

A set of mechanisms are required to discover an Application-Layer
Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Server.  These mechanisms enable
applications to find a reliable information source which provides
them with information regarding the underlying network.  By providing
this information it would be possible to greatly increase application
performance, reduce congestion and optimize the overall traffic
across different networks.  This document specifies the use of
general means such as DHCP, DNS or static configuration for ALTO
server discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-song-alto-server-discovery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.