Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-path-key-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Preserving Topology Confidentiality in Inter-Domain Path Computation Using a Key-Based Mechanism
	Author(s)       : R. Bradford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-path-key-06.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-03-07

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may be
computed by Path Computation Elements (PCEs). Where the TE LSP
crosses multiple domains, such as Autonomous Systems (ASes), the
path may be computed by multiple PCEs that cooperate, with each
responsible for computing a segment of the path. However, in some
cases (e.g., when ASes are administered by separate Service
Providers), it would break confidentiality rules for a PCE to
supply a path segment to a PCE in another domain, thus disclosing
AS-internal topology information. This issue may be circumvented
by returning a loose hop and by invoking a new path computation
from the domain boundary Label Switching Router (LSR) during TE
LSP setup as the signaling message enters the second domain, but
this technique has several issues including the problem of
maintaining path diversity.

Bradford, Vasseur and Farrel

[page 1]

draft-ietf-pce-path-key-06.txt

  March 2009

This document defines a mechanism to hide the contents of a
segment of a path, called the Confidential Path Segment (CPS). The
CPS may be replaced by a path-key that can be conveyed in the PCE
Communication Protocol (PCEP) and signaled within in a Resource
Reservation Protocol TE (RSVP-TE) explicit route object.

Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and
"OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in
RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-path-key-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.