Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prefix Management for Mobile IPv6 Fast Handover on Point-to-Point Links
	Author(s)       : F. Xia, B. Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-03-04

The Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers (FMIPv6) specification currently does
not explicitly define prefix management over point-to-point links
when a Mobile Node (MN) uses a prefix to formulate a new Care-of-
Address (CoA).  In this document a mechanism is developed for
assigning unique prefixes to the MN by the Previous Access Router
(PAR).  The New Access Router (NAR) dynamically assigns a unique
prefix called dedicated prefix to any MN that is performing a
handover.  Both reactive and predictive modes of FMIPv6 are
explained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.