Subject: I-D Action:draft-tschofenig-ecrit-trustworthy-location-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 02:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Trustworthy Location Information
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-ecrit-trustworthy-location-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-03-06

For location-based applications, such as emergency calling or
roadside assistance, the identity of the requestor is less important
than accurate and trustworthy location information.

A number of protocols are available to supply end systems with either
civic or geodetic information.  For some applications it is an
important requirement that location information has not been modified
in transit or by the end point itself.

This document investigates different threats, the adversary model,
and outlines three possible solutions.  The document concludes with a
suggestion on how to move forward.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-ecrit-trustworthy-location-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.