Subject: I-D Action:draft-mglt-btns-ipsec-api-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 01:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPSEC_API requirements
	Author(s)       : D. Migault
	Filename        : draft-mglt-btns-ipsec-api-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-03-02

IPsec suite has been designed to secure communication between two
nodes.  Security is performed at the network layer, and there are
almost no interactions between applications and the IPsec layer.  The
main motivation of this API is to enable any applications to interact
with the IPsec layer and to take advantage of the security deployed
in IPsec suite.  This draft lists applications requirements with
regard to the IPsec suite, and we tried not to limit the requirements
to today's application requirements, but also to consider future
applications' requirements.  Applications are associated to different
privileges, and IPsec layer MUST be protected from nasty IPsec
manipulations.  This draft is not considering applications privileges
management.  This draft lists any possible requirements on the IPsec
layer an application might require.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-btns-ipsec-api-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.