Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-cp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Certificate Policy (CP) for the Resource PKI (RPKI)
	Author(s)       : S. Kent, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-cp-05.txt
	Pages           : 1
	Date            : 2009-03-06

This document describes the certificate policy for a PKI used to 
support applications that make use of attestations about Internet 
resource holdings. The principle application that motivated creation 
of this PKI is routing security, but other applications that rely on 
such attestations also may make use of this PKI, e.g., resource 
transfer. Each organization that allocates IP addresses or 
Autonomous System (AS) numbers to an organization will, in parallel, 
issue a certificate reflecting this allocation. These certificates 

 will enable verification that the holder of the associated private 
key has been allocated the resources indicated in the certificate, 
and is the current, unique holder of these resources. The PKI in 
which the certificates issued under this policy are employed, in 
conjunction with ancillary digitally signed data structures, will 
provide critical inputs for routing security mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-cp-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.