Subject: I-D Action:draft-johnston-sipping-batch-notify-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Batch Notification Extension for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, B. Mertka
	Filename        : draft-johnston-sipping-batch-notify-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-03-02

This memo specifies the requirements and mechanism for a SIP events
extension where bulk SIP event information can be shared between two
peers both with the ability and authority to act as notifiers for
this information.  An example application use case is the transition
of event state information during a backup/recovery sequence between
event state servers.  This document is targeted at addressing server
overflow conditions that include the possibilities of the size of
individual notification messages getting excessive and the processing
of state information by both the subscriber and notifier also
becoming excessive.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-batch-notify-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.