Subject: I-D Action:draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 06:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Flow Selection Techniques
	Author(s)       : L. Peluso, T. Zseby
	Filename        : draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-03-02

Flow selection is the process in charge of electing a limited number
of flows from all of those observed at an observation point to be
considered into the measurement process chain.  The flow selection
process can be enabled at different stages of the monitoring
reference model.  It can be performed at metering time once the
packet classification has been executed, i.e. flow state dependent
packet selection, or at recording/exporting time by limiting the
number of flows to be stored and/or exported to the collector
applications.  This document illustrates the motivations which might
lead flow selection to be performed and presents a classification of
the related techniques.  The document furthermore provides an
information model for configuring flow selection techniques and
discusses what information about the flow selection process is
beneficial to be exported by adopting a suitable information model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.