Subject: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-partial-handoff-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Partial Handoff Support in PMIPv6
	Author(s)       : M. Jeyatharan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-partial-handoff-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-03-03

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) only supports session continuity for one
basic scenario of vertical handoff -- the transfer of all prefixes
assigned from one interface to another.  However, there are some
other advanced scenarios associated with vertical handoff that
involves only transferring one (or some, but not all) of the prefixes
that are allocated to an existing interface to a newly powered on
interface.  This draft outlines extensions to PMIPv6 protocol in
order for a multiple interfaced mobile node to achieve such partial
vertical handoff of selected prefix(es).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-partial-handoff-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.