Subject: I-D Action:draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)       : P. Dutta
	Filename        : draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-03-08

[RFC4762] describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses  
that have been dynamically learned in a VPLS Instance for faster  
convergence on topology change. The procedure also removes the MAC
 
addresses in the VPLS that does not require relearning due to such  
topology change. This document defines an extension to MAC Address  
Withdrawal procedure with empty MAC List [RFC4762], which enables a  
Provider Edge(PE) device to remove only the MAC addresses that needs 

 to be relearned.  

Conventions used in this document 

In examples, "C:" and "S:" indicate lines sent by the client and 
server respectively. 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.