Subject: I-D Action:draft-narayanan-rtg-router-alert-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Router Alert Option Extension
	Author(s)       : A. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-narayanan-rtg-router-alert-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-03-04

The IP Router Alert Option is an IP option that alerts transit
routers to more closely examine the contents of an IP packet.  RSVP,
PGM and IGMP are some of the protocols which make use of the IP
Router Alert option.  The current specification for the IP Router
Alert Option does not define mechanisms to facilitate discriminating
across different users of Router Alert.  As a result, networks using
router Alert may have more secuity exposure than necessary and/or may
unnecessarily block some transit Router Alert packets.  This document
describes new rules for the IP Router-Alert Option that aid routers
to process these packets more selectively.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-rtg-router-alert-extension-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.