Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-dns-choices-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Design Choices When Expanding DNS
	Author(s)       : P. Faltstrom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-iab-dns-choices-08.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This note discusses how to extend the DNS with new data for a new
application.  DNS extension discussions too often focus on reuse of
the TXT Resource Record Type.  This document lists different
mechanisms to extend the DNS, and concludes that the use of a new DNS
Resource Record Type is the best solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-dns-choices-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.