Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Urban WSNs Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Dohler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-03-30

The application-specific routing requirements for Urban Low Power and
Lossy Networks (U-LLNs) are presented in this document.  In the near
future, sensing and actuating nodes will be placed outdoors in urban
environments so as to improve the people's living conditions as well
as to monitor compliance with increasingly strict environmental laws.
These field nodes are expected to measure and report a wide gamut of
data, such as required in smart metering, waste disposal,
meteorological, pollution and allergy reporting applications.  The
majority of these nodes is expected to communicate wirelessly over a
variety of links such as IEEE 802.15.4, Low power IEEE 802.11, IEEE
802.15.1 (Bluetooth), which given the limited radio range and the
large number of nodes requires the use of suitable routing protocols.
The design of such protocols will be mainly impacted by the limited
resources of the nodes (memory, processing power, battery, etc.) and
the particularities of the outdoor urban application scenarios.  As
such, for a wireless Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks (ROLL)
solution to be useful, the protocol(s) ought to be energy-efficient,
scalable, and autonomous.  This documents aims to specify a set of
IPv6 routing requirements reflecting these and further U-LLNs
tailored characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.