Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-vpn-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for VPNs
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-vpn-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-03-24

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

An important application of MPLS and GMPLS networks is Virtual
Private Networks (VPNs) that may be constructed using Label Switched
Paths (LSPs) in the MPLS and GMPLS networks as VPN tunnels. PCE may
be applied as a tool to compute the paths of such tunnels in order to
achieve better use of the network resources and to provide better
levels of service to the VPN customers.

Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "Path
Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic
Requirements". This document complements the generic requirements and
presents a detailed set of PCC-PCE communication protocol
requirements that are specific to the application of PCE to VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-vpn-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.