Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTLS-SRTP Key Transport (KTR)
	Author(s)       : D. Wing
	Filename        : draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2009-03-09

The existing DTLS-SRTP specification allows SRTP keys to be
established between a pair of SRTP endpoints.  However, when there
are more than two participants in an SRTP session, DTLS-SRTP is
unable to provide a single key for all of the participants.  This
existing limitation of DTLS-SRTP prevents deploying DTLS-SRTP in
certain scenarios.

This document describes an extension to DTLS-SRTP called Key
Transport (KTR).  This extension transports SRTP keying material from
one DTLS-SRTP peer to another, so the same SRTP keying material can
be used by multiple DTLS-SRTP peers.  This extension eliminates the
need to key each SRTP session individually, allowing cost-effective
deployment of several DTLS-SRTP scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.