Subject: I-D Action:draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IGMP and MLD Extensions for Mobile Hosts and Routers
	Author(s)       : H. Asaeda, T. Schmidt
	Filename        : draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-03-08

This document describes IGMP and MLD protocol extensions for mobile
hosts and routers.  IGMP and MLD are necessary protocols for hosts to
request join or leave multicast sessions.  While the regular IGMP and
MLD protocols support communication between mobile hosts and routers
over wireless networks, this document discusses the conditions how
mobile hosts and routers use IGMP and MLD in their communication more
effectively.  Aside from a modified protocol semantic, optional
"Notification function" and "Listener Hold function" for the IGMP and
MLD protocols are introduced.Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
NOT","SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED","MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in
this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.