Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery for 6LoWPAN
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-02.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This document specifies Neighbor Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over energy and bandwidth
constrained wireless networks often making use of extended multihop
topologies.  However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
with 6LoWPAN has several problems.  Standard Neighbor Discovery was
not designed for wireless links, and the standard IPv6 link concept
and heavy use of multicast makes it inefficient.  This document
spefies a new ND mechanism allowing for efficient Duplicate Address
Detection over entire LoWPANs.  In addition it specifies context
dissemination for use with router advertisements, claim and defend
addressing, and the support of extended LoWPANs over backbone links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.