Subject: I-D Action:draft-leiba-tzregistry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Definition of IANA Registry for Timezone Names
	Author(s)       : B. Leiba
	Filename        : draft-leiba-tzregistry-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2009-03-25

VCards need a stable, well defined list of timezone names, so that
users can create VCards that refer to timezones.  There is no common
list of such names, and other standards need timezone names also.
This document creates an IANA registry of timezone names, and
initially populates the list.Initial version

o  Define timezone registry.

o  Defer initial population with Olsen database until we like the

basic document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leiba-tzregistry-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.