Subject: I-D Action:draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha1-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Authenticated Encryption with AES-CBC and HMAC-SHA1 (and other generic combinations of ciphers and MACs)
	Author(s)       : D. McGrew
	Filename        : draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha1-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This document specifies algorithms for authenticated encryption with
additional authenticated data (AEAD) that are based on the
composition of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in the Cipher
Block Chaining (CBC) mode of operation for encryption, and the HMAC-
SHA1 message authentication code (MAC).  It also separately defines a
generic composition method that can be used with other MACs and
randomized ciphers (that is, ciphers that use random initialization
vectors).

These algorithms are randomized, and thus are suitable for use with
applications that cannot provide distinct nonces to each invocation
of the AEAD encrypt operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha1-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.