Subject: I-D Action:draft-kaplan-sip-secure-call-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Secure Call-ID for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : H. Kaplan
	Filename        : draft-kaplan-sip-secure-call-id-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2009-03-04

Many SIP devices generate Call-ID values which contain their system
IP Address, due to examples and normative text in RFC 3261.  This

Kaplan

 Expires September 1, 2009

  [page 1]

  SIP Secure Call-ID

 March 2009

has led to some middleboxes, such as SBC's, to change the Call-ID
for security reasons.  This draft updates RFC 3261 to require SIP
User Agents to generate benign Call-IDs, in such a manner that they
can be detected as secure and not need to be changed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaplan-sip-secure-call-id-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.