Subject: I-D Action:draft-loreto-sipping-3892bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 23:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Updates to Referred-By in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
	Author(s)       : N. Bishai, et al.
	Filename        : draft-loreto-sipping-3892bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-03-01

SIP has a mechanism for conveying the identity of the referrer of a
request by means of the Referred-By header field.  This header field
may be used when exploding a SIP MESSAGE request to a pre-defined
group URI and when exploding a SIP INVITE request to an ad-hoc group
or to a pre-defined group URI.  The Referred-By header is only
included if the P-Asserted-Identity header field or From header field
in the exploded SIP requests needs to carry another value, e.g. the
URI of a pre-defined group, or a conference focus URI.  In those
cases, the Referred-By header field in the resulting exploded
requests is set to the P-Asserted-Identity header field or to the
>From header field of the original SIP request received before
exploding to convey to the receiver the identity of the original
inviting sender.

RFC 3892 restricts the value of the header to only one SIP URI.
However the P-Asserted-Identity header field currently allows two URI
values and may be expanded in the future to carry more than two
values as described in draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-09.  This
document extends the Referred-By definition to support more than one
value as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-sipping-3892bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.