Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Marking behaviour of PCN-nodes
	Author(s)       : P. Eardley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-03-05

This document standardises the two marking behaviours of PCN-nodes:
threshold marking and excess traffic marking.  Threshold marking
marks all PCN-packets if the PCN traffic rate is greater than a
configured rate ("PCN-threshold-rate").  Excess traffic marking marks
a proportion of PCN-packets, such that the amount marked equals the
traffic rate in excess of a configured rate ("PCN-excess-rate").
Setting the configured rates below the physical link rates enables
PCN-nodes to provide information to support admission control and
flow termination in order to protect the quality of service of
established inelastic flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.