Subject: I-D Action:draft-pkwok-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MAC Flush Loop Detection in VPLS
	Author(s)       : M. View, P. Dutta
	Filename        : draft-pkwok-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-03-03

MAC Address Withdrawal is a mechanism described in [RFC4762] to 
remove or unlearn MAC addresses that have been dynamically learned 
for faster convergence. Failure of mechanisms that control loop free 
connectivity among VPLS PE nodes may cause MAC Address Withdrawal 
messages looping among those nodes, leading to Denial of Service 
(DoS) or complete failure of control plane in the PE nodes. This 
document describes a mechanism to detect and prevent loops of MAC 
Address Withdrawal messages in a VPLS PE node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pkwok-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.