Subject: I-D Action:draft-brockners-diameter-nat-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter NAT Control Application
	Author(s)       : F. Brockners, et al.
	Filename        : draft-brockners-diameter-nat-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2009-03-03

This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for 
the Diameter NAT Control Application (DNCA), allowing for per-
endpoint control of large scale NAT devices, which are put in place 
to cope with IPv4-address space completion.  The Diameter NAT Control 
Application allows external devices to configure and manage a Large 
Scale NAT (LSN) device - expanding the existing Diameter-based AAA 
and policy control capabilities with a NAT control component. These 
external devices can be network elements in the data plane such as a 
Network Access Server (NAS), or can be more centralized control plane 
devices such as AAA-servers. DNCA establishes a context to commonly 
identify and manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a large 
scale NAT device. This includes, for example, the control of the 
total number of NAT-bindings allowed or the allocation of a specific 
NAT-binding for a particular endpoint. In addition, it allows large 
scale NAT devices to provide information relevant to accounting 
purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brockners-diameter-nat-control-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.