Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for High Performance
	Author(s)       : D. Borman, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2009-03-04

This memo presents a set of TCP extensions to improve performance
over large bandwidth*delay product paths and to provide reliable
operation over very high-speed paths.  It defines TCP options for
scaled windows and timestamps, which are designed to provide
compatible interworking with TCP's that do not implement the
extensions.  The timestamps are used for two distinct mechanisms:
RTTM (Round Trip Time Measurement) and PAWS (Protection Against
Wrapped Sequences).  Selective acknowledgments are not included in
this memo.

This memo updates and obsoletes RFC 1323.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.