Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bitar-wadhwa-ancp-pon-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks
	Author(s)	: N. Bitar, S. Wadhwa
	Filename	: draft-bitar-wadhwa-ancp-pon-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2009-3-9
	
The purpose of this document is to provide applicability of Access 
   Node Control Mechanism, as described in [ANCP-FRAMEWORK], to PON 
   based broadband access. The need for an Access Node Control Mechanism 
   between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an  Access Node Complex (a 
   combination of Optical Line Termination (OLT) and Optical Network 
   Termination (ONT) elements), is described in a multi-service 
   reference architecture in order to perform QoS-related, service-
   related and Subscriber-related operations. The Access Node Control 
   Mechanism is also extended for interaction between components of the 
   Access Node Complex (OLT and ONT). The Access Node Control mechanism 
   will ensure that the transmission of the information does not need to 
   go through distinct element managers but rather uses a direct device-
   device communication.  This allows for performing access link related 
   operations within those network elements to meet performance 
   objectives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bitar-wadhwa-ancp-pon-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.