Subject: I-D Action:draft-daboo-sieve-include-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Include Extension
	Author(s)       : C. Daboo, A. Stone
	Filename        : draft-daboo-sieve-include-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-03-09

The Sieve Email Filtering "include" extension permits users to
include one Sieve script inside another.  This can make managing
large scripts or multiple sets of scripts much easier, as well as
supporting common 'libraries' of scripts.  Users are able to include
their own personal scripts or site-wide scripts provided by the local
Sieve implementation.

Change History (to be removed prior to publication as an RFC)

Changes from -05 to -06:
a.  Aaron Stone joins as author.
b.  Removed | characters from the script examples.
c.  Updated draft references to published RFCs.

Changes from -04 to -05:
a.  Fixed examples.
b.  Relaxed requirement that imported/exported variables be set

 before being used.

Changes from -03 to -04:
a.  Fixed missing 2119 definitions.
b.  Defined interaction with variables through use of import and

 export commands.

Changes from -02 to -03:
a.  Refreshing expired draft (updated for nits).
b.  Syntax -> Usage.
c.  Updated to 3028bis reference.

Changes from -01 to -02:
a.  Minor formatting changes only - refreshing expired draft.

Changes from -00 to -01:
a.  Added IPR boiler plate.
b.  Re-ordered sections at start to conform to RFC style.
c.  Moved recursion comment into General Considerations section.
d.  Switched to using optional parameter to indicate personal vs

 global.
e.  Explicitly state that an error occurs when a missing script is

 included.Open Issues (to be resolved prior to publication as an RFC)

a.  Interaction with variables (scoping).  Should variables be

 carried over between scripts that are included?  Or should

 variables defined in an included script be local to that script

 only?

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daboo-sieve-include-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.