Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Inband Data Communication Network For the MPLS Transport Profile
	Author(s)       : D. Beller, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-03-25

A Generic Associated Channel (G-ACH) has been defined as an extension
of the pseudowire Associated Channel Header (ACH) to enable the
realization of a control/communication channel associated with
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs),
MPLS pseudowires (PWs), MPLS LSP segments, and MPLS sections between
adjacent MPLS-capable devices.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of the MPLS
architecture that identifies elements of the MPLS toolkit that may be
combined to build a carrier grade packet transport network based on
MPLS packet switching technology.

This document describes how the G-ACH may be used to provide the
infrastructure that forms part of the Management Communication
Network (MCN) and a Signaling Communication Network (SCN).
Collectively, the MCN and SCN may be referred to as the Data
Communication Network (DCN). The document explains how MCN and SCN
packets are encapsulated, carried on the G-ACH, and demultiplexed for

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.