Subject: I-D Action:draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A three state extended PCN encoding scheme
	Author(s)       : T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename        : draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-03-09

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
the Quality of Service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
threshold below the physical link rate.  This baseline encoding
specified how two encoding states could be encoded into the IP
header.  This document specified an extension to the baseline
encoding that enables three encoding states to be carried in the IP
header as well as enabling limited support for end-to-end ECN.

Status (to be removed by RFC Editor)

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.  The PCN Working Group will be
asked to adopt this memo as a Working Group document describing one
of several possible experimental PCN encoding schemes.  The intention
is that the title of this document will change to avoid confusion
with the three state marking scheme.

Changes from previous drafts

>From 00 to 01:

o  Checked terminology for consistency with

[I-D.ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding]

o  Minor editorial changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.