Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netmod-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Architecture for Network Management
	Author(s)       : P. Shafer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-03-03

NETCONF and YANG are pieces of an ambitious plan to improve network
management.  NETCONF gives access to native capabilities of the
devices within a network, defining methods for manipulating
configuration databases, retrieving operational data, and invoking
specific operations.  YANG provides the means to define the content
trafficked via NETCONF, both data and operations.  Using both
technologies, standard modules can be defined to give
interoperability and commonality to devices, while still allowing
devices to express their unique capabilities.

This document describes how NETCONF and YANG help build network
management applications that meet the needs of network services
providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.