Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SeND Hash Threat Analysis
	Author(s)       : A. Kukec, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This document analysis the use of hashes in SeND, possible threats
and the impact of recent attacks on hash functions used by SeND.
Current SeND specification [rfc3971] uses the SHA-1 [sha-1] hash
algorithm and PKIX certificates [rfc5280] and does not provide
support for the hash algorithm agility.  The purpose of the document
is to provide analysis of possible hash threats and to decide how to
encode the hash agility support in SeND.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.