Subject: I-D Action:draft-williams-tls-app-sasl-opt-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TLS Extension for Optimizing Application Protocols, Specifically SASL with GSS-API mechanisms
	Author(s)       : N. Williams
	Filename        : draft-williams-tls-app-sasl-opt-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-04-17

This document specifies an extension to Transport Layer Security
(TLS) for carrying application data which is suitable for delayed
integrity protection and does not require privacy protection.  In
particular we describe how to use this extension to reduce the number
of round trips needed for application-layer authentication,
specifically Simple Authentication (SASL), and through it, Generic
Security Services (GSS-API).  The use of this extension to optimize
SASL/GSS-API authentication is termed "TLS/SA".

This extension can also be used to optimize application protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-tls-app-sasl-opt-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.