Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-subnot-etags-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 03:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Conditional Event Notification
	Author(s)       : A. Niemi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-subnot-etags-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-04-19

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables
receiving asynchronous notification of various events from other SIP
user agents.  This framework defines the procedures for creating,
refreshing and terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and
periodic polling of resource state.  These procedures have a serious
deficiency in that they provide no tools to avoid replaying event
notifications that have already been received by a user agent.  This
memo defines an extension to SIP events that allows the subscriber to
condition the subscription request to whether the state has changed
since the previous notification was received.  When such a condition
is true, either the body of a resulting event notification or the
entire notification message is suppressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-subnot-etags-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.