Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-subnot-etags-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Conditional Event Notification
	Author(s)       : A. Niemi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-subnot-etags-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-04-21

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables
receiving asynchronous notification of various events from other SIP
user agents.  This framework defines the procedures for creating,
refreshing and terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and
periodic polling of resource state.  These procedures provide no
tools to avoid replaying event notifications that have already been
received by a user agent.  This memo defines an extension to SIP
events that allows the subscriber to condition the subscription
request to whether the state has changed since the previous
notification was received.  When such a condition is true, either the
body of a resulting event notification or the entire notification
message is suppressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-subnot-etags-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.