Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-turn-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-turn-14.txt
	Pages           : 79
	Date            : 2009-04-12

If a host is located behind a NAT, then in certain situations it can
be impossible for that host to communicate directly with other hosts
(peers).  In these situations, it is necessary for the host to use
the services of an intermediate node that acts as a communication
relay.  This specification defines a protocol, called TURN (Traversal
Using Relays around NAT), that allows the host to control the
operation of the relay and to exchange packets with its peers using
the relay.  TURN differs from some other relay control protocols in
that it allows a client to communicate with multiple peers using a
single relay address.

The TURN protocol was designed to be used as part of the ICE
(Interactive Connectivity Establishment) approach to NAT traversal,
though it can be also used without ICE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.