Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Dissemination of flow specification rules
	Author(s)       : P. Roque Marques, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-08.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-04-21

This document defines a new BGP NLRI encoding format that can be used
to distribute traffic flow specifications.  This allows the routing
system to propagate information regarding more-specific components of
the traffic aggregate defined by an IP destination prefix.

Additionally it defines two applications of that encoding format.
One that can be used to automate inter-domain coordination of traffic
filtering, such as what is required in order to mitigate
(distributed) denial of service attacks.  And a second application to
traffic filtering in the context of a BGP/MPLS VPN service.

The information is carried via the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP),
thereby reusing protocol algorithms, operational experience and
administrative processes such as inter-provider peering agreements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.