Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 03:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : With-defaults capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-04-06

The NETCONF protocol defines ways to read configuration data from a
NETCONF agent.  Part of this data is not set by the NETCONF manager,
but rather a default value is used.  In many situations the NETCONF
manager has a priori knowledge about default data, so the NETCONF
agent does not need to send it to the manager.  In other situations
the NETCONF manger will need this data as part of the NETCONF <rpc-
reply> messages.  This document defines a capability-based extension
to the NETCONF protocol that allows the NETCONF manager to control
whether default values are part of NETCONF <rpc-reply> messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.