Subject: I-D Action:draft-yokota-netlmm-pmipv6-mn-itho-support-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Inter-Technology Handoff support in Mobile Node for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : H. Yokota, et al.
	Filename        : draft-yokota-netlmm-pmipv6-mn-itho-support-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-04-09

Proxy Mobile IPv6 supports a handoff between different access
technologies, by which the assigned IP address is preserved
regardless of the access technology type.  From the perspective of
the mobile node, this involves the change of the network interfaces,
through which the IP address is assigned and the IP session is
established.  Some implementations, however, do not assume this
interface switching in the middle of the session and it could cause a
disconnection by the event of unavailability of the current
interface; hence it is not guaranteed to be able to maintain the IP
session simply by assigning the same IP address to the new interface.
This document analyzes the handling of the network interfaces on the
mobile node and presents several measures to avoid a disconnection
due to the interface switching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yokota-netlmm-pmipv6-mn-itho-support-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.