Subject: I-D Action:draft-wu-softwire-4over6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 4over6 Transit Solution using IP Encapsulation and MP-BGP Extensions
	Author(s)       : J. Wu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wu-softwire-4over6-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-04-14

The emerging and growing deployment of IPv6 networks, in particular
IPv6 backbone networks, will introduce cases where connectivity with
IPv4 networks is desired.  In one such case, an Internet Service
Provider (ISP) operating an IPv6 backbone network will accomodate
connectivity and offer transit services for attached legacy IPv4
networks and applications.  This is accomplished through the use of
IPv4-over-IPv6 (4over6) tunnels established between dual-stack IPv4/
IPv6 edge routers.  Along with the growth of IPv6 backbones networks
and the corresponding increase in the number of attached IPv4
networks, the complexity of the interconnection tunnel topology will
severely increase to support the IPv4 transit service across the
backbone.  The manual configuration mechanism for a potentially large
number of IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnels will cause an insufferable
operational burden.  This document addresses this problem and
presents a mechanism for the automatic discovery and creation of
4over6 tunnels employing multi-protocol BGP extensions.  The
mechanisms described in this document have been implemented, tested
and deployed on the CNGI-CERNET2 IPv6 testbed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-softwire-4over6-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.