Subject: I-D Action:draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 02:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An FTP Application Layer Gateway for IPv6-to-IPv4 translation
	Author(s)       : I. van Beijnum
	Filename        : draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2009-04-27

The only FTP mode that works without changes through an IPv6-to-IPv4
translator is extended passive, introduced in 1998.  However, many
existing FTP servers don't support this mode, making it impossible to
support the File Transfer Protocol through an IPv6-to-IPv4 translator
without an Application Layer Gateway.  This document describes the
behavior of such an ALG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.