Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 02:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Survivability Framework
	Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2009-04-06

Network survivability is the network's ability to restore traffic
following failure or attack; it plays a critical factor in the
delivery of reliable services in transport networks. Guaranteed
services in the form of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) require a
resilient network that detects facility or node failures very
rapidly, and immediately starts to restore network operations in
accordance with the terms of the SLA.

The Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is a
packet transport technology that combines the packet experience of
MPLS with the operational experience of transport networks like
SONET/SDH. It provides survivability mechanisms such as protection
and restoration, with similar function levels to those found in
established transport networks such as in SONET/SDH networks. Some of
the MPLS-TP survivability mechanisms are data plane-driven and are
based on MPLS-TP OAM fault management functions which are used to
trigger protection switching in the absence of a control plane. Other
survivability mechanisms utilize the MPLS-TP control plane.

This document provides a framework for MPLS-TP survivability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.