Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Uniform Resource Name Namespace For The GSM Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity(IMEI)
	Author(s)	: A. Allen, P. Gosden, D. McDonald, M. Montemurro
	Filename	: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-04.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2009-4-15
	
This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA and sub namespaces for the IMEI (International Mobile station
   Equipment Identity), and for the IMEISV (International Mobile station
   Equipment Identity and Software Version number).  The IMEI is 15
   decimal digits long and the IMEISV is 16 decimal digits long and both
   are encoded using Binary Encoded Decimal (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV
   were introduced as part of the specification for Global System for
   Mobile (GSM) and are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation
   Partnership Project (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM,
   and the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS).  The IMEI
   and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile Equipment within
   these systems and are managed by the GSMA (GSM Association).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.