Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Retransmission Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-04-03

This document defines an optional extension block, called a
Retransmission Block (RB), that may be used with the Bundle Protocol
[refs.DTNBP] within the context of a Delay-Tolerant Network
architecture [refs.DTNarch].  The Retransmission Block (RB) is
designed to be used within a DTN that, as a matter of policy, deletes
all replayed bundles from the network.  It is designed to be used in
a network that permits duplicate bundles to be forwarded if those
bundles have been retransmitted by a custodian, that may (if
possible) permit duplicate bundles to be forwarded if those bundles
are in intentional or unintentional routing loops (contingent on the
availability of mechanisms to distinguish looping bundles from other
bundles), but that will consider all other duplicate bundles to be
maliciously replayed bundles and delete them as such.  The
Retransmission Block is designed to be inserted into a bundle by a
custodian when the custodian is retransmitting that bundle.  The
purpose of the RB is to mark the bundle as a custody-based
retransmission so that it can be distinguished from other types of
duplicate bundles and thereby be spared from deletion.  This document
defines the format and processing of this new Retransmission Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.