Subject: I-D Action:draft-badra-hajjeh-mtls-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 06:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MTLS: (D)TLS Multiplexing
	Author(s)       : M. Badra, I. Hajjeh
	Filename        : draft-badra-hajjeh-mtls-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-04-21

The (Datagram) Transport Layer Security ((D)TLS) standard provides
connection security with mutual authentication, data confidentiality
and integrity, key generation and distribution, and security
parameters negotiation.  However, missing from the protocol is a way
to multiplex several application data over a single (D)TLS.

This document defines MTLS, an application-level protocol running
over (D)TLS Record protocol.  The MTLS design provides application
multiplexing over a single (D)TLS session.  Therefore, instead of
associating a (D)TLS session with each application, MTLS allows
several applications to protect their exchanges over a single (D)TLS
session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badra-hajjeh-mtls-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.