Subject: I-D Action:draft-badra-tls-multiplexing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiplexing Single-Application Multiple-Connection over TLS
	Author(s)       : M. Badra, et al.
	Filename        : draft-badra-tls-multiplexing-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-04-20

The Transport Layer Security (TLS) is the most widely deployed
protocol for securing network traffic.  It provides mutual
authentication, data confidentiality and integrity, key generation
and distribution, and security parameters negotiation.  However,
missing from the protocol is a way to multiplex single-application
multiple-stream applications that commonly use parallel connections
to the same logical and/or physical server application data.

This document describes a mechanism to multiplex single-application
multiple-stream over TLS.  It extends TLS to multiplex parallel
connections of a given application over a single TLS session,
avoiding additional delay related to the TLS/TCP session/connection
setup.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badra-tls-multiplexing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.