Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Redirect Mechanism for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : V. Devarapalli, K. Weniger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-08.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-04-13

IKEv2 is a protocol for setting up VPN tunnels from a remote location
to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in the
network behind the gateway.  Currently there is no standard mechanism
specified that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
is being shut down for maintenance to redirect the VPN client to
attach to another gateway.  This document proposes a redirect
mechanism for IKEv2.  The proposed mechanism can also be used in
Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to redirect the mobile node to
another home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.