Subject: I-D Action:draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LIP: Label Information Protocol
	Author(s)       : R. Kelsey
	Filename        : draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-04-23

LIP is an extension of MPLS for use in Lossy and Low power Networks
(LLN).  Use of MPLS allows rapid response to local topology changes
within an LLN, while still using full IP routing both within the LLN
and for packets that cross into other domains.  LIP has optional RIP
commands for discovering and maintaining label switched tree routes.
To support local route repair, labeled packets include a path metric
used to detect loops in label-switched paths.  Labeled messages may
optionally include a source route or route record at the label level
in order to allow their use without losing the advantages of label
switching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.