Subject: I-D Action:draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 03:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SASL Mechanism Family for External Authentication: EXTERNAL-*
	Author(s)       : S. Josefsson
	Filename        : draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-04-18

This document describes a way to perform client authentication in the
Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework by
referring to the client authentication provided by an external
security layer.  We specify a SASL mechanism family EXTERNAL-* and
one instance EXTERNAL-TLS that rely on the Transport Layer Security
(TLS) protocol.  This mechanism differs to the existing EXTERNAL
mechanism by alleviating the a priori assumptions that servers and
clients needs somehow negotiate out of band which secure channel that
is intended.  This document also discuss the implementation of
authorization decisions.

See <http://josefsson.org/external-channel/> for more information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.