Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ospf-dynamic-hostname-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for OSPF
	Author(s)       : S. Venkata, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-dynamic-hostname-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-04-03

Currently, there does not exist a simple and dynamic mechanism for
routers running OSPF to learn about symbolic hostnames just like for
routers running IS-IS.  This document defines a new OSPF Router
Information (RI) TLV which allows the OSPF routers to flood their
hostname-to-Router ID mapping information across the OSPF network.
This mechanism is applicable to both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-dynamic-hostname-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.