Subject: I-D Action:draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : In-band signaling for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)       : I. Wijnands, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-04-23

When an IP multicast tree needs to pass through an MPLS domain, it is
advantageous to map the tree to a Point-to-Multipoint or Multipoint-
to-Multipoint Label Switched Path.  This document specifies a way to
provide a one-one mapping between IP multicast trees and Label
Switched Paths.  The IP multicast control messages are translated
into MPLS control messages when they enter the MPLS domain, and are
translated back into IP multicast control messages at the far end of
the MPLS domain.  The IP multicast control information is coded into
the MPLS control information in such a way as to ensure that a single
Multipoint Label Switched Path gets set up for each IP multicast
tree.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.