Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Simple SIP Usage Scenario for Applications in the Endpoints
	Author(s)	: K. Singh, H. Sinnreich, A. Johnston, E. Shim
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-06.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2009-4-30
	
For Internet-centric usage, the number of SIP related standards for 
   presence, IM and audio/video communications can be drastically 
   reduced by using only the rendezvous and session initiation 
   capabilities of SIP. The simplification is based on avoiding 
   emulating telephony and its model of the intelligent network. 'Simple 
   SIP' by contrast relies on powerful computing endpoints. Simple SIP 
   desktop applications can be combined with rich Internet applications 
   (RIA). Significant telephony features may also be implemented in the 
   endpoints.  

   This approach for SIP reduces the number of SIP standards to comply 
   with, currently from roughly 100 and still growing, to about 10. 

   References for NAT traversal and for security are also provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.