Subject: I-D Action:draft-kim-abnf-codegen-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An ABNF Extension for code generation
	Author(s)       : J. Kim, M. Yu
	Filename        : draft-kim-abnf-codegen-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-05-27

This document describes an ABNF extension for code generation.
The extension has two features; extension rule and non-sequence group
notations. The extension rules are used to direct the parser
generator with things like data types, variable names, forced value
for a variable, etc. The non-sequence group feature was proposed as 
part of RFC 2234 in the past, but dropped due to its ambiguities.
The  feature is proposed again in this document not as a fundamental 
building block, but as an add-on. The elements of a non-sequence group
are unordered, and are allowed multiple appearance.We attempt to
minimize the ambiguities stemmed from repetition of an element by defining
specific repetition rules for elements of a non-sequence group and
non-sequence group themselves.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-abnf-codegen-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.