Subject: I-D Action:draft-king-pce-hierarchy-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Application of the Path Computation Element Architecture to the Determination of a Sequence of Domains in MPLS & GMPLS
	Author(s)       : D. King, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-king-pce-hierarchy-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-05-18

Computing optimum routes for Label Switched Paths (LSPs) across
multiple domains in Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering
(MPLS-TE) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks presents a problem
because no single point of path computation is aware of all of the
links and resources in each domain. A solution may be achieved using
the Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture.

Where the sequence of domains is known, a priori, various techniques
can be employed to derive an optimum path. If the domains are 
simply- connected, or if the preferred points of interconnection are
also known, the Per-Domain Path Computation technique can be used. 
Where there are multiple connections between domains and there is 
no preference for the choice of points of interconnection, the 
Backward Recursive Path Computation Procedure (BRPC) can be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-king-pce-hierarchy-fwk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.