Subject: I-D Action:draft-ivov-dispatch-slic-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dispatching Sound Level Indicators in Conferences (Problem Statement)
	Author(s)       : E. Ivov, E. Marocco
	Filename        : draft-ivov-dispatch-slic-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-05-21

The Conferencing Framework described in RFC 4353 defines the
semantics necessary for conducting conference calls with the session
initiation protocol.  It also introduces a mixer entity responsible
for combining all media streams and delivering them to the
participants of the call.  This document presents the lack of a
standardized way for such mixers to deliver information about the
audio activity (sound level) of participants in a conference call.
The document describes the problem and discusses a few possible ways
of transporting such information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ivov-dispatch-slic-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.