Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : WSON Signal Characteristics and Network Element Compatibility Constraints for GMPLS
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, D. Grove
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signal-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-05-22

While the current GMPLS WSON formalism can deal with many types of 
wavelength switching systems there is a desire to extend this control 
plane to include other common optical or hybrid electro optical 
systems such as OEO switches, regenerators, and wavelength 
converters.

This document provides a WSON signal definition and characterization 
based on ITU-T interface and signal class standards and describes the 
signal compatibility constraints of this extended set of network 
elements. The signal characterization and network element 
compatibility constraints enable GMPLS routing and signaling to 
control these devices and PCE to compute optical light-paths subject 
to signal compatibility attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signal-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.