Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netmod-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An NETCONF- and NETMOD-based Architecture for Network Management
	Author(s)       : P. Shafer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-arch-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-05-27

NETCONF gives access to native capabilities of the devices within a
network, defining methods for manipulating configuration databases,
retrieving operational data, and invoking specific operations.  YANG
provides the means to define the content carried via NETCONF, both
data and operations.  Using both technologies, standard modules can
be defined to give interoperability and commonality to devices, while
still allowing devices to express their unique capabilities.

This document describes how NETCONF and YANG help build network
management applications that meet the needs of network operators.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-arch-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.