Subject: I-D Action:draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6-to-IPv4 translation FTP considerations
	Author(s)       : I. van Beijnum
	Filename        : draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-05-19

FTP has an active and a passive mode, both as original commands that
are IPv4-specific, and in extended, IP version agnostic commands.
The only FTP mode that works without changes through an IPv6-to-IPv4
translator is extended passive However, many existing FTP servers
don't support this mode, and some clients don't ask for it.  This
document describes the optimal server, client and middlebox (if any)
behavior to minimize this problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.