Subject: I-D Action:draft-kawamura-ipv6-text-representation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Recommendation for IPv6 Address Text Representation
	Author(s)       : S. Kawamura, M. Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-kawamura-ipv6-text-representation-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-05-12

As IPv6 network grows, there will be more engineers and also non-
engineers who will have the need to use an IPv6 address in text.
While the IPv6 address architecture RFC 4291 section 2.2 depicts a
flexible model for text representation of an IPv6 address, this
flexibility has been causing problems for operators ,system
engineers, and customers.  The following draft will describe the
problems that a flexible text representation has been causing.  This
document also recommends a canonical representation format that best
avoids confusion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kawamura-ipv6-text-representation-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.