Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : C. Jennings
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sip-outbound-17.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2009-05-11

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows proxy servers to
initiate TCP connections or to send asynchronous UDP datagrams to
User Agents in order to deliver requests.  However, in a large number
of real deployments, many practical considerations, such as the
existence of firewalls and Network Address Translators (NATs) or the
use of TLS with server-provided certificates, prevent servers from
connecting to User Agents in this way.  This specification defines
behaviors for User Agents, registrars and proxy servers that allow
requests to be delivered on existing connections established by the
User Agent.  It also defines keep alive behaviors needed to keep NAT
bindings open and specifies the usage of multiple connections from
the User Agent to its Registrar.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.