Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Profile for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Congestion ID 4: TCP-Friendly Rate Control for Small Packets (TFRC-SP)
	Author(s)       : S. Floyd, E. Kohler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-04.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-05-10

This document specifies a profile for Congestion Control Identifier
4, the Small-Packet variant of TCP-Friendly Rate Control (TFRC), in
the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).  CCID 4 is for
experimental use, and uses TFRC-SP [RFC4828], a variant of TFRC
designed for applications that send small packets.  CCID 4 is
considered experimental because TFRC-SP is itself experimental, and
is not proposed for widespread deployment in the global Internet at
this time.  The goal for TFRC-SP is to achieve roughly the same
bandwidth in bits per second (bps) as a TCP flow using packets of up
to 1500 bytes but experiencing the same level of congestion.  CCID 4
is for use for senders that send small packets and would like a TCP-
friendly sending rate, possibly with Explicit Congestion Notification
(ECN), while minimizing abrupt rate changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.