Subject: I-D Action:draft-cui-softwire-va-based-transition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 07:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VA-Based IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)       : Y. Cui, et al.
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-va-based-transition-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-05-22

With the increasing deployment of IPv6 networks, IPv6 transition has
become one of the key problems in developing IPv6 networks.  Among
various transition scenarios, one is common where connectivity
between IPv4 networks is desired across IPv6-only backbone network.
In such case, ISP operating the IPv6 backbone will accommodate
connectivity and offer transit services for attached IPv4 networks.
Softwire WG defined softwire mesh mechanism for both of the IPv4-
over-IPv6 scenario and the opposite scenario of IPv6-over-IPv4.
Softwire mesh uses automatic softwire tunnels employing multi-
protocol BGP extensions for distributing IPv4 routes, where BGP and
tunnuls should be configured or setup as a full-mesh architecture.
This draft, however, proposed an aggregated, centralized mechanism
similar to Virtual Aggregation (VA) mechanism, which can
significantly shrink the forwarding information base (FIB) size of
Address Family Border Routers (AFBRs), reduce the total amount of
routing activity, and provide the IPv6 ISP with an easy way to
manage the transit service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-va-based-transition-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.