Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 05:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The DCCP Service Code
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-11.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-05-26

This document describes the usage of Service Codes by the Datagram 
Congestion Control Protocol, RFC 4340. It motivates the setting of a 
Service Code by applications. Service Codes provide a method to 
identify the intended service/application to process a DCCP 
connection request. This provides improved flexibility in the use and 
assignment of port numbers for connection multiplexing. The use of a 
DCCP Service Code can also enable more explicit coordination of 
services with middleboxes (e.g. network address translators and 
firewalls). This document updates the specification provided in RFC 
4340.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-serv-codes-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.