Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-hip-hi-revocation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Host Identifier Revocation in HIP
	Author(s)       : D. Zhang, X. Xu
	Filename        : draft-zhang-hip-hi-revocation-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-05-27

This document mainly analyzes the key revocation issue with host 
identities (HI) in the Host Identity Protocol (HIP), which has not 
attracted enough attention from HIP community yet. As a core 
component of key management mechanism, key revocation is critical 
for security systems especially which are expected to execute for a 
long period. Apart from that, this document also discusses the 
possible challenges that the designers of HI revocation mechanisms 
have to face and introduces several possible solutions.  

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-hip-hi-revocation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.