Subject: I-D Action:draft-crocker-email-arch-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internet Mail Architecture
	Author(s)       : D. Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-email-arch-13.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2009-05-15

Over its thirty-five year history, Internet Mail has changed
significantly in scale and complexity, as it has become a global
infrastructure service.  These changes have been evolutionary, rather
than revolutionary, reflecting a strong desire to preserve both its
installed base and its usefulness.  To collaborate productively on
this large and complex system, all participants must work from a
common view of it and use a common language to describe its
components and the interactions among them.  But the many differences
in perspective currently make it difficult to know exactly what
another participant means.  To serve as the necessary common frame of
reference, this document describes the enhanced Internet Mail
architecture, reflecting the current service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-email-arch-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.