Subject: I-D Action:draft-van-beijnum-1e-mp-tcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : One-ended multipath TCP
	Author(s)       : I. van Beijnum
	Filename        : draft-van-beijnum-1e-mp-tcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-05-06

Normal TCP/IP operation is for the routing system to select a best
path that remains stable for some time, and for TCP to adjust to the
properties of this path to optimize throughput.  A multipath TCP
would be able to either use capacity on multiple paths, or
dynamically find the best performing path, and therefore reach higher
throughput.  By adapting to the properties of several paths through
the usual congestion control algorithms, a multipath TCP shifts its
traffic to less congested paths, leaving more capacity available for
traffic that can't move to another path on more congested paths.  And
when a path fails, this can be detected and worked around by TCP much
more quickly than by waiting for the routing system to repair the
failure.

This memo specifies a multipath TCP that is implemented on the
sending host only, without requiring modifications on the receiving
host.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-1e-mp-tcp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.