Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Inband Data Communication Network For the MPLS Transport Profile
	Author(s)       : D. Beller, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-05-13

The Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) has been defined as a
generalization of the pseudowire (PW) associated control channel to
enable the realization of a control/communication channel associated
with Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
(LSPs), MPLS PWs, MPLS LSP segments, and MPLS sections between
adjacent MPLS-capable devices.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of the MPLS
architecture that identifies elements of the MPLS toolkit that may be
combined to build a carrier grade packet transport network based on
MPLS packet switching technology.

This document describes how the G-ACh may be used to provide the
infrastructure that forms part of the Management Communication
Network (MCN) and a Signaling Communication Network (SCN).
Collectively, the MCN and SCN may be referred to as the Data
Communication Network (DCN). This document explains how MCN and SCN
messages are encapsulated, carried on the G-ACh, and demultiplexed

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.