Subject: I-D Action:draft-denis-icmpv6-generation-for-teredo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generation of ICMPv6 Echo Replies for Teredo Clients
	Author(s)       : T. Savolainen, R. Denis-Courmont
	Filename        : draft-denis-icmpv6-generation-for-teredo-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2009-05-28

Teredo uses return routing to discover the closest Teredo relay
corresponding to any given peer.  Discovery is achieved by sending an
ICMPv6 Echo Request and waiting for the appropriate relay to forward
the ICMPv6 Echo Reply back.  Unanswered ICMPv6 Echo Requests make
Teredo clients assume that the peer is unreachable.  This document
identifies two scenarios where a middlebox should detect the lack of
ICMPv6 Echo Reply and craft one toward the Teredo client in order to
avoid possibly erroneous peer unreachability assumptions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-denis-icmpv6-generation-for-teredo-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.