Subject: I-D Action:draft-jpathra-application-tag-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 03:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Classification of traffic using Application Tags
	Author(s)       : J. B, P. K
	Filename        : draft-jpathra-application-tag-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2009-05-11

This document describes a solution to classify Application-Layer
traffic on switches using Application Tags.  The 
Application Tags can be passed on to other switches in the 

Enterprise Network and also to switches in the Service Provider 
Network.  Thus it provides a mechanism to classify and apply
Quality of Service based on the Application-Layer Traffic.
  
The advantage of this solution is that it requires no hardware 
upgrade on switch nor any Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) function 
on the switch.

1. Conventions

  The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
  "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in
  this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119
  [RFC2119].

2. Table of Contents

1. Conventions.....................................................2
2.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jpathra-application-tag-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.