Subject: I-D Action:draft-speakman-looping-issue-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 01:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routing Loop Issue in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)
	Author(s)       : K. Mase, L. Speakman
	Filename        : draft-speakman-looping-issue-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-05-25

This document describes the routing loop and packet looping issues in
mobile ad hoc network (MANET) running proactive routing protocols
using hop count metric.

Mechanisms of loop formation are identified and how the problem of
loop formation is exacerbated by the use of Link Layer Notification
is described.  The effect of the looping packets on the network are
shown by comparing against the case where the looping packets are
detected and discarded, showing the need for routing loops or looping
packets to be dealt with in MANETs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-speakman-looping-issue-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.