Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Metering and marking behaviour of PCN-nodes
	Author(s)       : P. Eardley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-05-08

The objective of Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) is to protect the
quality of service (QoS) of inelastic flows within a Diffserv domain,
in a simple, scalable and robust fashion.  This document specifies
the two metering and marking behaviours of PCN-nodes.  Threshold-
metering and -marking marks all PCN-packets if the PCN traffic rate
is greater than a configured rate ("PCN-threshold-rate").  Excess-
traffic-metering and -marking marks a proportion of PCN-packets, such
that the amount marked equals the traffic rate in excess of a
configured rate ("PCN-excess-rate").  The level of marking allows
PCN-boundary-nodes to make decisions about whether to admit or
terminate PCN-flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-marking-behaviour-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.