Subject: I-D Action:draft-lee-pce-ted-alternatives-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Alternative Approaches to Traffic Engineering Database Creation and Maintenance for Path Computation Elements
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-lee-pce-ted-alternatives-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-05-05

In order to compute and provide optimal paths, Path Computation 
Elements (PCEs) require an accurate and timely Traffic Engineering 
Database (TED). Traditionally this TED has been obtained from a link 
state routing protocol supporting traffic engineering extensions. 
This document discusses possible alternatives and enhancements to the 
existing approach to TED creation. This document gives architectural 
alternatives for these enhancements and their potential impacts on 
network nodes, routing protocols, and PCEs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-ted-alternatives-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.