Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-frejborg-hipv4-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
	Author(s)	: P. Frejborg
	Filename	: draft-frejborg-hipv4-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2009-5-28
	
This draft describes a framework how the current IPv4 address 
   structure can be extended towards a similar hierarchical numbering 
   structure as used in the Public Switched Telephone Network and bring 
   a new level of hierarchy to the routing architecture of Internet. The 
   hierarchical IPv4 framework is backwards compatible with the current 
   IPv4 framework; it will also discuss a method to decouple the 
   location and identifier functions, future applications can make use 
   of the separation. The framework requires extensions to the existing 
   Domain Name System architecture, the existing IPv4 stack of the end 
   systems (hosts) and to routers in the Internet. The framework can be 
   implemented incrementally to the hosts, databases, and routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.