Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mpls-tp-bnm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Bidirectional Notify Message Packet
	Author(s)       : G. Liu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-liu-mpls-tp-bnm-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-06-01

This document specifies an extension to MPLS BDI packet to form a new
type of OAM packet BNM(Bidirectional Notify Message) , this BNM
packet will not only have the function of informing another peer MEP
about existing fault of this path like MPLS BDI packet, but also it
may use for performance measure and testing communication between two
equipments. in addtion, when Client network has a fault or defect. it
notify another peer client network about remote peer fault.  And
these performance measure and fault notification information will be
encapsulated in BNM packet by the way of TLV packet.  So it may
decrease the number of OAM type and keep compatibility with MPLS
network. on the other hand, this encapsulating these information by
the way of TLV packet will be easy to extend OAM function to operate
an MPLS Transport profile(MPLS-TP) label switched path (LSP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mpls-tp-bnm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.