Subject: I-D Action:draft-vesely-vhlo-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verified-Hello SMTP extension
	Author(s)       : A. Vesely
	Filename        : draft-vesely-vhlo-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-06-10

This memo defines an extension to the SMTP service that provides
protocol support for weak authentication of SMTP clients.  Weakly
authenticated clients enjoy an intermediate level of trust: they have
no relying privileges, but can attempt to deliver mail to local
users, are whitelisted from some filters, and may receive DSNs as
needed.

Note that this treatment is what SMTP recommends for all clients.
However, most servers operate filters to limit spam, thereby
affecting the reliability of the mail forwarding system.  Verified-
Hello aims at providing standard support for the mechanisms involved,
so that they can be managed and branded.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vesely-vhlo-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.