Subject: I-D Action:draft-lindquist-mmusic-sip-rtsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 00:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SIP/SDP Overlap with RTSP
	Author(s)       : J. Lindquist, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lindquist-mmusic-sip-rtsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2009-06-16

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is widely used for establishing
multimedia sessions, whereas the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
is a protocol for use in streaming media systems.  RTSP has a dual
role: it establishes a media session for the delivery of streaming
media as well as controls the streaming session once it has been set
up.  Since RTSP is also used for session establishment, there exists
an overlap between the functionality provided by SIP and RTSP.  In
this document, we analyze a model in which SIP and the SDP offer/
answer model are used to set up a streaming session with an RTSP
control channel and one or more media delivery streams.  Such a model
is beneficial since it allows the reuse of current architecture and
functionality (e.g., authentication, charging, and QoS) established
around SIP also for RTSP-based streaming.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lindquist-mmusic-sip-rtsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.