Subject: I-D Action:draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for Information Services and Operator Services Using SIP
	Author(s)       : J. Haluska, et al.
	Filename        : draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-08.txt
	Pages           : 109
	Date            : 2009-06-19

Information Services are services whereby information is provided in
response to user requests, and may include involvement of a human or
automated agent. A popular existing Information Service is Directory
Assistance (DA). Moving ahead, Information Services providers
envision exciting multimedia services that support simultaneous
voice and data interactions with full operator backup at any time
during the call. Information Services providers are planning to
migrate to SIP based platforms, which will enable such advanced
services, while continuing to support traditional DA services.
Operator Services are traditional PSTN services which often involve
providing human or automated assistance to a caller, and often
require the specialized capabilities traditionally provided by an
operator services switch. Market and/or regulatory factors in some
jurisdictions dictate that some subset of Operator Services continue
to be provided going forward. This document aims to identify how
Operator and Information Services can be implemented using existing
or currently proposed SIP mechanisms, to identity existing protocol
gaps, and to provide a set of Best Current Practices to facilitate
interoperability. For Operator Services, the intention is to
reproduce the current PSTN behaviour.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.