Subject: I-D Action:draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCEP Requirements for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-06-29

This memo provides application-specific requirements for the Path 
Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) for the support of 
Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON). Lightpath provisioning 
in WSONs requires a routing and wavelength assignment (RWA) process.  
>From a path computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the 
process of determining which wavelength can be used on each hop of a 
path and forms an additional routing constraint to optical light path 
computation. Requirements related to optical impairments will be 
addressed in a separate document.  

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.