Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast Transport Protocol
	Author(s)       : B. Adamson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-13.txt
	Pages           : 94
	Date            : 2009-06-03

This document describes the messages and procedures of the Negative-
ACKnowledgment (NACK) Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocol.
This protocol can provide end-to-end reliable transport of bulk data
objects or streams over generic IP multicast routing and forwarding
services.  NORM uses a selective, negative acknowledgment mechanism
for transport reliability and offers additional protocol mechanisms
to allow for operation with minimal a priori coordination among
senders and receivers.  A congestion control scheme is specified to
allow the NORM protocol to fairly share available network bandwidth
with other transport protocols such as Transmission Control Protocol
(TCP).  It is capable of operating with both reciprocal multicast
routing among senders and receivers and with asymmetric connectivity
(possibly a unicast return path) between the senders and receivers.
The protocol offers a number of features to allow different types of
applications or possibly other higher level transport protocols to
utilize its service in different ways.  The protocol leverages the
use of FEC-based repair and other IETF Reliable Multicast Transport
(RMT) building blocks in its design.  This document obsoletes RFC
3940.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.