Subject: I-D Action:draft-kawamura-ipv6-text-representation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Recommendation for IPv6 Address Text Representation
	Author(s)       : S. Kawamura, M. Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-kawamura-ipv6-text-representation-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-06-11

As IPv6 network grows, there will be more engineers and also non-
engineers who will have the need to use an IPv6 address in text.
While the IPv6 address architecture RFC 4291 section 2.2 depicts a
flexible model for text representation of an IPv6 address, this
flexibility has been causing problems for operators, system
engineers, and customers.  This document will describe the problems
that a flexible text representation has been causing.  This document
also recommends a canonical representation format that best avoids
confusion.  It is expected that the canonical format is followed by
humans and systems when generating an address to represent as text,
but all implementations must accept any legitimate RFC4291 format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kawamura-ipv6-text-representation-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.