Subject: I-D Action:draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 05:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Media Description for IKE in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
	Author(s)       : M. Saito, et al.
	Filename        : draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-06-08

This document specifies how to establish secure media sessions over
VPN using SIP for the purpose of on-demand media/application sharing
between peers.  It extends the protocol identifier of SDP so that it
could negotiate the use of IKE for media session in SDP offer/answer
model.  And it also specifies the method to boot up IKE and generate
IPsec SA using self-signed certificate under the mechanism of
comedia-tls.  This document extends RFC 4572.  In addition, it
defines a new attribute "udp-setup", which is similar to "setup"
attribute defined in RFC 4145, to enable endpoints to negotiate their
roles in the IKE session.  Considering the case that pre-shared keys
can be used for authentication in IKE, a new attribute "psk-
fingerprint" is also defined.

The spec in this document would be applicable to the following use-
cases:

o  Media sharing using DLNA or similar protocol over VPN between 2

users' devices

o  Remote desktop sharing for customer services over VPN initiated by

SIP call

As an additional function of Click to Call, a customer service

agent can access customer's pc remotely to troubleshoot the

problem while talking with the customer over the phone.

o  Accessing and controlling medical equipments(medical robotics)

remotely to monitor elders in a rural area (remote care services)

o  LAN based gaming protocol based on peer to peer rather than via

gaming serverConventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.