Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-retransmit-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Retransmitted Message Identification Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : S. Gundavelli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-retransmit-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-06-02

The Proxy Mobile IPv6 base protocol does not provide any mechanism
for the receiver of a mobility signaling message to determine if the
received message is the original message or a retransmitted message
of an earlier sent message.  The absence of such a semantic in some
cases results in inefficient processing of the signaling messages and
will lead to additional processing load and network traffic.

This document defines a new mobility option, Retransmitted Message
Identification option for use in Proxy Binding Update and Proxy
Binding Acknowledgement messages.  This option enables the mobility
entities to use proper message identifiers and retransmit markings on
the signaling messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-retransmit-option-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.