Subject: I-D Action:draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Robust Configuration Management within NETCONF
	Author(s)       : R. Cole, et al.
	Filename        : draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-01.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2009-06-24

This document extends the capabilities of the NETCONF configuration
management protocol to validate the configuration on servers and to
perform a set of active tests (i.e., verification) against the
server's running configuration over a period of time to afford the
client and server a more robust and resilient configuration
management capability.  This is of value to commercial enterprise and
public networks as well as wireless emergency and military networks.
We propose an initial new NETCONF capability.  We also explore the
future alternatives for developing these capabilities within the
context of the existing NETCONF protocol, the YANG modeling language
and existing related IETF, IEEE and ITU-T standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.