Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Simple SIP Usage Scenario for Applications in the Endpoints
	Author(s)	: K. Singh, H. Sinnreich, A. Johnston, E. Shim
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-07.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2009-6-29
	
For Internet-centric usage, the number of SIP required standards for
   presence; IM and audio/video communications can be drastically
   smaller than what has been published, by using only the rendezvous
   and session initiation capabilities of SIP. The simplification is
   based on avoiding emulating telephony and its model of the
   intelligent network. 'Simple SIP' by contrast relies on powerful
   computing endpoints. Simple SIP desktop applications can be combined
   with rich Internet applications (RIA). Significant telephony features
   may also be implemented in the endpoints.

   This approach for SIP reduces the number of SIP standards to comply
   with, currently from roughly 100 and still growing, to about 11.

   References for NAT traversal and for security are also provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.