Subject: I-D Action:draft-scudder-idr-rt-constrain-lite-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RT-Constrain Lite for Provider Edge Routers
	Author(s)       : J. Scudder, et al.
	Filename        : draft-scudder-idr-rt-constrain-lite-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2009-06-25

RFC 4684, "Constrained Route Distribution for Border Gateway
Protocol/MultiProtocol Label Switching (BGP/MPLS) Internet Protocol
(IP) Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)" provides a powerful and general
means for BGP speakers to exchange and propagate Route Target
reachability information which is used for cooperative route
filtering.  However, the complexity of implementing the entire
specification may have impeded its widespread deployment.  This
document specifies the subset of functionality which is required for
a provider edge router ("PE") to originate Route Target NLRI.  Such
PEs need not implement any filtering functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-scudder-idr-rt-constrain-lite-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.