Subject: I-D Action:draft-guo-softwire-sc-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Softwire Concentrator Discovery Using DHCP
	Author(s)       : D. Guo, S. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-guo-softwire-sc-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-06-23

Several types of Carrier-Grade-NATs (CGNs) have been proposed to 
simplify IPv4/IPv6 transition of the edge network by integrating 
tunnels and NAT. A very common scenario is that many users set up 
softwires (i.e. tunnels) to a softwire concentrator for public or 
private access services. In order to establish softwires successfully, 
a new mechanism is required to enable users in the edge network to 
discover the information of the concentrator. This document describes 
how a host or CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) discovers the remote 
softwire concentrator or CGN in a hub and spoke network using DHCP. 
Based on two new Softwire Concentrator or CGN Discovery DHCP Options, 
proposed in the document, a user can obtain softwire concentrator or 
CGN information and then set up a tunnel to the softwire concentrator 
or CGN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guo-softwire-sc-discovery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.