Subject: I-D Action:draft-goyal-roll-dv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Distance Vector Protocol for Routing Over Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Goyal
	Filename        : draft-goyal-roll-dv-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-06-26

This draft describes a distance vector protocol for routing over low
power and lossy networks.  In this protocol, each node periodically
advertises its minimum hop distance and "current" end-to-end
reliability of reaching a destination in the network via local
broadcast of Hello messages.  One Hello message may contain several
such advertisements.  The inter-Hello time period is determined using
an adaptive scheme designed to speed up routing convergence to both
good and bad news while avoiding unnecessary transmissions.  A node
maintains hop distance and end-to-end reliability information for a
subset of its neighbors and for a subset of destinations in the
network.  For each such destination, the node also maintains the set
of neighbors that it would use to forward packets going to that
destination.  These neighbors are selected such that they are closest
to the destination in terms of hops among neighbors that satisfy a
certain minimum reliability criterion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goyal-roll-dv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.