Subject: I-D Action:draft-xli-behave-ivi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 06:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The CERNET IVI Translation Design and Deployment for the IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition
	Author(s)       : X. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xli-behave-ivi-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-06-13

This document presents the CERNET IVI translation design and
deployment for the IPv4/IPv6 coexistence and transition.  The IV
stands for 4 and VI stands for 6, so IVI stands for the IPv4/IPv6
translation.

The IVI is a prefix-specific and stateless address mapping mechanism
for "an IPv6 network connected to the IPv4 Internet" scenario.  In
the IVI design, subsets of the ISP's IPv4 addresses are embedded in
ISP's IPv6 addresses and these IPv6 addresses can therefore
communicate with the global IPv6 networks directly and can
communicate with the global IPv4 networks via stateless translators,
which can either be IPv6 initiated or IPv4 initiated.  The IVI
mechanism supports the end-to-end address transparency and
incremental deployment.  This document is a comprehensive report on
the CERNET IVI design and its deployment in large scale public
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xli-behave-ivi-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.