Subject: I-D Action:draft-chen-bgp-ext-opt-param-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Optional Parameters Length for BGP OPEN Message
	Author(s)       : E. Chen, J. Scudder
	Filename        : draft-chen-bgp-ext-opt-param-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2009-06-25

The Optional Parameters in the BGP OPEN message as defined in the
base BGP specification are limited to 255 octets due to a one-octet
length field.  BGP Capabilities are carried in this field and may
foreseeably exceed 255 octets in the future, leading to concern about
this limitation.

In this document we extend the BGP OPEN length field in a backward-
compatible manner.  The Parameter Length field of individual Optional
Parameters is similarly extended.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-bgp-ext-opt-param-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.