Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Certified Electronic Mail
	Author(s)	: F. Gennai, A. Shahin, C. Petrucci, A. Vinciarelli
	Filename	: draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-04.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2009-6-24
	
Since 1997, the Italian Laws have recognized electronic delivery 
   systems as legally usable. In 2005 after two years of technical    tests, the characteristics of an official electronic delivery 
   service, named certified electronic mail (in Italian "Posta 
   Elettronica Certificata") were defined, giving the system legal 
   standing.  

   Design of the entire system was carried out by the National Center 
   for Informatics in the Public Administration of Italy (CNIPA), 
   followed by efforts for the implementation and testing of the 
   service. The CNIPA has given the Italian National Research Council 
   (CNR), and in particular The Institute of Information Science and 
   Technologies at the CNR (ISTI), the task of running tests on 
   providers of the service to guarantee the correct implementation and
   interoperability. This document describes the certified email system
   adopted in Italy. It represents the system as it is at the moment of
   writing, following the technical regulations that were written based
   upon the Italian Law DPR. November 2, 2005.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.