Subject: I-D Action:draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LoWPAN simple fragment Recovery
	Author(s)       : P. Thubert, J. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-06-30

Considering that the IPv6 minimum MTU is 1280 bytes and that an an
802.15.4 frame can have a payload limited to 74 bytes in the worst
case, a packet might end up fragmented into as many as 18 fragments
at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of those fragments is
lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent, further
contributing to the congestion that might have caused the initial
packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to recover
individual fragments that might be lost over multiple hops between
6LoWPAN endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.