Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A set of monitoring tools for Path Computation Element based Architecture
	Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-06-12

A Path Computation Element (PCE) based architecture has been
specified for the computation of Traffic Engineering (TE) Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks in the context of single or
multiple domains (where a domain refers to a collection of network
elements within a common sphere of address management or path
computational responsibility such as IGP areas and Autonomous
Systems).  Path Computation Clients (PCCs) send computation requests
to PCEs, and these may forward the requests to and cooperate with
other PCEs forming a "path computation chain".

In PCE-based environments, it is thus critical to monitor the state
of the path computation chain for troubleshooting and performance
monitoring purposes: liveness of each element (PCE) involved in the
PCE chain, detection of potential resource contention states and
statistics in term of path computation times are examples of such
metrics of interest.  This document specifies procedures and
extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) in order
to gather such information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.