Subject: I-D Action:draft-scholz-endpoint-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SIP endpoint security case study
	Author(s)       : H. Scholz
	Filename        : draft-scholz-endpoint-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-06-09

SIP endpoints are subject to unwanted communication often perceived
as Spam over Internet Telephony (SPIT).  This document describes
caveats on various layers which can be abused to send unsolicited
messages.  As a result users receive a degraded experience.  The
issues found are based on case studies of various events seen in VoIP
provider networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-scholz-endpoint-security-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.