Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Quick-Start for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, A. Sathiaseelan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-06-03

This document specifies the use of the Quick-Start mechanism by the 
Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).  DCCP is a transport 
protocol that allows the transmission of congestion-controlled, 
unreliable datagrams.  DCCP is intended for applications such as 
streaming media, Internet telephony, and on-line games.  In DCCP, an 
application has a choice of congestion control mechanisms, each 
specified by a Congestion Control Identifier (CCID). This document 
specifies general procedures applicable to all DCCP CCIDs and 
specific procedures for the use of Quick-Start with DCCP CCID 2, 
CCID 3 and CCID 4.  Quick-Start enables a DCCP sender to cooperate 
with Quick-Start routers along the end-to-end path to determine an 
allowed sending rate at the start of a connection and, at times, in 
the middle of a DCCP connection (e.g., after an idle or application-
limited period).  The present specification is provided for use in 
controlled environments, and not as a mechanism that would be 
intended or appropriate for ubiquitous deployment in the global 
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.