Subject: I-D Action:draft-sdecugis-dime-diameter-erp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)
	Author(s)       : S. Decugis
	Filename        : draft-sdecugis-dime-diameter-erp-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-06-04

The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) provides a mechanism to
optimize EAP authentication delay in the case of re-authentication,
which can be significant in roaming mobile situation.  This mechanism
assumes that a protocol for Authentication, Authorization and
Accounting (AAA) is available to transport ERP between the
authenticator(s) and the EAP/ERP server.
draft-gaonkar-radext-erp-attrs-03 specifies the transport of ERP
using RADIUS.  This document specifies the transport of ERP using
Diameter.

Foreword

This document differs from draft-ietf-dime-erp-00 [1] in its design
and scope.

In this new version, we use a new Diameter application id for
messages with ERP payload exchanged between authenticator and ER
server.  This simplifies the routing of Diameter messages to the
appropriate server, and allows more flexibility in the deployment of
ERP.

The scope of previous documents (draft-ietf-dime-erp-00 [1] and
draft-wu-dime-local-keytran-00 [2]) was focused on the implicit
bootstrapping scenario described in [RFC5296].  By re-using the
Diameter EAP application, these documents create implicit constraints
on routing of messages that cannot be met by standard Diameter
routing algorithm defined in the Diameter Base Protocol [RFC3588].  A
separate Diameter Id may also allow the authenticator to dynamically
discover if the local domain supports ERP or not.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdecugis-dime-diameter-erp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.