Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-mpls-tp-uncoord-harmful-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: "Uncoordinated Protocol Development Considered Harmful"
	Author(s)	: M. Morrow, S. Bryant
	Filename	: draft-iab-mpls-tp-uncoord-harmful-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2009-6-8
	
   This document identifies various types of damage that may occur
   without formal coordination and joint development on protocols of
   mutual interest between standards development organizations.  The IAB
   has selected T-MPLS as recent case study to describe hazard to both
   the MPLS and Internet architecture as a result of uncoordinated
   adaptation of a protocol.

   This experience has resulted in a considerable improvement in the
   relationship between the two organisations.  In particular, this was
   achieved via the establishment of the "Joint working team on MPLS-TP"
   which was the first ever joint ITU/IETF group.  In addition, the
   leadership of the two organisations have agreed to improve inter-
   organizational working practices so as to avoid conflict in future
   between ITU-T Recommendations and IETF RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-mpls-tp-uncoord-harmful-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.