Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-bgp-multisession-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multisession BGP
	Author(s)       : J. Scudder, C. Appanna
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-multisession-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-07-12

This specification augments "Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4" (MP-
BGP) by proposing a mechanism to facilitate the use of multiple
sessions between a given pair of BGP speakers.  Each session is used
to transport routes related by some session-based attribute such as
AFI/SAFI.  This provides an alternative to the MP-BGP approach of
multiplexing all routes onto a single connection.

Use of this approach is expected to provide finer-grained fault
management and isolation as the BGP protocol is used to support more
and more diverse services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-multisession-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.