Subject: I-D Action:draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IKEv2 Redirect and Authentication Offload
	Author(s)       : A. Padmakumar, et al.
	Filename        : draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-07-09

IKEv2 is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual
authentication and establishing and maintaining security associations
(SAs).  Redirect Mechanism for IKEv2 proposes a mechanism for IKEv2
that enables a VPN gateway to redirect the VPN client to another VPN
gateway, for example, based on the load condition.

Redirect mechanism can also be used to redirect a client to another
router (Trust Anchor) to do mutual authentication on behalf of the
server.  After mutual authentication Trust Anchor can redirect the
client back to the server with an Access Token which can be used as a
pre-shared key between the server and client for password based
IKE_AUTH exchange.  This document describes a mechanism to use IKEv2
redirects to offload such verifications to another trusted third
party.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-padmakumar-ikev2-redirect-and-auth-offload-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.