Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 06:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Media Feature Tag for MIME Application Sub-Types
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-07-29

The caller preferences specification for the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) allows a caller to express preferences that the call
be routed to a User Agent (UA) with particular capabilities.
Similarly, a specification exists to allow a UA to indicate its
capabilities in a registration.  Amongst those capabilities are the
type of media streams the agent supports, described as top-level MIME
types.  The 'application' MIME type is used to describe a broad range
of stream types, and provides insufficient granularity as a
capability.  This specification allows a UA to indicate which
application sub-types the agent supports.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.