Subject: I-D Action:draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NFSv4 Multi-Domain Access
	Author(s)       : A. Adamson, K. Coffman
	Filename        : draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2009-07-03

The NFS Version 4 [NFSv40] protocol enables the construction of a
distributed file system which can join NFSv4.0 or NFSv4.1 [NFSv41]
servers, which potentially use separate name translation services and
separate security services, into a common name space.

The protocol supports multiple authentication methods and does not
restrict how users are represented or authenticated.  As such a
user's view of the name space may be limited by the authentication
and authorization privileges they have on the different file servers
in the name space.

This document discusses authentication and authorization management
and proposes two name service attributes that are used for NFSv4 name
and security principal translations to enable users to traverse and
access files in a secure, multi-domain NFS Version 4 name space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.