Subject: I-D Action:draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2009-07-13

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports both static
provisioning of transport paths via an NMS/OSS, and dynamic
provisioning of transport paths via a control plane. This document
provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic provisioning, and covers
control plane signaling, routing, addressing, traffic engineering,
path computation, and recovery in the event of network failures. The
document focuses on the control of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) as the
Pseudowire (PW) control plane is not modified by MPLS-TP.  MPLS-TP
uses GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP LSPs.  Backwards
compatibility to MPLS is required. Management plane functions such as
manual configuration, the initiation of LSP setup are out of scope of
this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.