Subject: I-D Action:draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-mf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon FEC of Multiple Flows
	Author(s)       : S. Galanos
	Filename        : draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-mf-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-07-01

This document defines a new RTP payload format for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) that uses Reed-Solomon codes.  The format defined by
this document enables the protection of multiple source flows with
one or more repair flows and is based on the FEC framework (described
in [I-D.ietf-fecframe-framework]) and the SDP Elements for FEC
Framework (described in [I-D.ietf-fecframe-sdp-elements]).  The Reed-
Solomon codes used in this document belong to the class of Maximum
Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means they offer optimal
protection against random and bursty packet losses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-mf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.