Subject: I-D Action:draft-duffield-ippm-burst-loss-metrics-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Burst Loss Metrics for IPPM
	Author(s)       : N. Duffield, et al.
	Filename        : draft-duffield-ippm-burst-loss-metrics-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-07-09

The IPPM Working Group has developed a one way packet loss metric
that measures the loss rate on a Poisson probe stream between two
hosts.  However, the burst properties of packet loss are required to
understand the impact of packet loss on applications.  This draft
defines one-way burst packet loss metrics that express the frequency
and duration of loss episode, i.e., maximal sets of consecutively
lost probe packets.  The draft also defines a probing methodology
under which the burst loss metrics are to be measured.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duffield-ippm-burst-loss-metrics-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.