Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of Record (AOR)
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-03.txt
	Pages           : 64
	Date            : 2009-07-13

This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
(BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as shared appearances of an Address
of Record (AOR) since SIP does not have the concept of lines.  This
feature is commonly offered in IP Centrex services and IP-PBX
offerings and is likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones and
SIP feature servers used in a business environment.  This document
discusses use cases, lists requirements and defines SIP extensions to
implement this feature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.