Subject: I-D Action:draft-daley-ipv6-nonat6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Achieving Addressing Functions in IPv6 without using NAT
	Author(s)       : G. Daley
	Filename        : draft-daley-ipv6-nonat6-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-07-13

Proposals have been made to include Network Address Translation (NAT)
in IPv6.  Network Address Translation substitutes a source address in
the outbound Packet headers at the Internet Egress point for one
present at the network edge.  It then matches the responding packets
by destination address, and restores the original headers.

NAT itself is not a feature.  It is a mechanism which provides
features at an application cost.  This document identifies features
which are supplied by NAT in IPv4 and how these features may be
provisioned in IPv6.  Both NAT and application-friendly alternatives
are presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-nonat6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.