Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vos-silk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SILK Speech Codec
	Author(s)	: K. Vos, S. Jensen, K. Soerensen
	Filename	: draft-vos-silk-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2009-7-6
	
This document describes SILK, a speech codec for real-time, packet-
   based voice communications.  Targeting a diverse range of operating
   environments, SILK provides scalability in several dimensions.  Four
   different sampling frequencies are supported for encoding the audio
   input signal.  Adaptation to network characteristics is provided
   through control of bitrate, packet rate, packet loss resilience and
   use of discontinuous transmission (DTX).  And several different
   complexity levels let SILK take advantage of available processing
   power without relying on it.  Each of these properties can be
   adjusted during operation of the codec on a frame-by-frame basis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vos-silk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.