Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-spencer-usefor-son-of-1036-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: "Son of 1036":  News Article Format and Transmission
	Author(s)	: H. Spencer
	Filename	: draft-spencer-usefor-son-of-1036-01.txt
	Pages		: 91
	Date		: 2009-7-28
	
By the early 1990s it had become clear that RFC 1036, the then
   specification for the Interchange of USENET Messages, was badly in
   need of repair. This "INTERNET DRAFT to be", though never formally
   published at that time, was widely circulated and became the de facto
   standard for implementors of News Servers and User Agents, rapidly
   acquiring the nickname "Son of 1036". Indeed, under that name, it
   could fairly be described as the best-known Internet Draft (n)ever
   published, and it formed the starting point for the recently adopted
   Proposed Standards for Netnews.

   It is being published now in order to provide the Historical
   Background out of which those standards have grown. Present-day
   implementors should be aware that it is NOT NOW APPROPRIATE for use
   in current implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spencer-usefor-son-of-1036-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.