Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kitamura-ipv6-uncertain-address-state-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Harmless IPv6 Address State Extension (Uncertain State)
	Author(s)	: H. Kitamura, S. Ata, M. Murata
	Filename	: draft-kitamura-ipv6-uncertain-address-state-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2009-7-28
	
This document describes a new IPv6 address state called "Uncertain"
   address state as an extension of IPv6 address state specification.
   "Uncertain" address state is designed to introduce two
   functionalities. One is to achieve "Temporary Address Reservation"
   function. The other is to avoid a DAD (Duplicate Address Detection)
   time consuming problem for dynamically created addresses.

   New "Uncertain" Address State is inserted between "Tentative"
   address state and "Valid" address state. After "Tentative" address
   state (DAD operation has finished) for a newly created address, its
   state will enter to "Uncertain" address state. While an address
   stay at "Uncertain" address state, the address is behaved as if it
   is temporary reserved by the node exclusively. (The other nodes can
   not obtain such a reserved address.) When it becomes really
   necessary for the node to utilize the temporary reserved address,
   its address state is changed into "Valid" address state without
   accompanying time consuming DAD operation. By these procedures, we
   can avoid the DAD problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-uncertain-address-state-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.