Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fedyk-isis-spb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Shortest Path Bridging and Backbone Bridging with IS-IS
	Author(s)	: D. Fedyk, P. Ashwood-Smith, N. Bragg, D. Allan, J. Chiabaut
	Filename	: draft-fedyk-isis-spb-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2009-7-6
	
Several techniques are being developed which use IS-IS to deliver 
     link state based layer 2 forwarding. The superset of the extensions 
     proposed to IS-IS to allow these capabilities is found in [IS-IS-
     L2].  One technique for layer 2 forwarding is being specified in 
     the IEEE 802.1aq task group, under the over-arching title 
     of "Shortest Path Bridging" (SPB). SPB however only requires a 
     subset of the proposed IS-IS extensions in [IS-IS-L2]. For clarity 
     this informational draft documents only the subset required by SPB. 
     In addition a high level introduction, describing how these TLVs 
     are used is provided for those who do not follow the IEEE work in 
     detail. A reference is also given to the normative IEEE 802.1aq 
     document  The ordering of material in this document follows that of 
     Clause 28 of IEEE 802.1aq, to aid cross-referencing. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-isis-spb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.