Subject: I-D Action:draft-satoh-pcn-performance-termination-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 03:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Performance evaluation of termination in CL-algorithm
	Author(s)       : D. Satoh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-satoh-pcn-performance-termination-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-07-03

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) gives information to support
admission control and flow termination in order to protect the
quality of service (QoS) of inelastic flows.  [I-D.taylor-cl-edge-
behaviour] describes one boundary node behaviours for three-state
measurement-based load control, known informally as CL [I-D.briscoe-
tsvwg-cl-phb].  In [I-D.taylor-cl-edge-behaviour], flow termination
is required if excess-traffic-marked packets were observed and the
end of one measurement period MUST be the beginning of the next one,
independently of current flow conditions.  According to this
termination, PCN-flows in some ingress-egress (IE) pairs may be
terminated during measurement period of other IE pairs unless round-
trip times (RTT) of all the IE pairs are the same.  We illustrate
that this can lead to over-termination.  Our simulation confirms that
accuracy of termination is improved when no PCN-flows in some IE
pairs are terminated during measurement period of other IE pairs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satoh-pcn-performance-termination-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.