Subject: I-D Action:draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical OLSR
	Author(s)       : Y. Lacharite, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2009-07-13

This document describes the Hierarchical Optimized Link State Routing
(HOLSR) mechanism for heterogeneous mobile ad hoc networks.  In this
specification a heterogeneous mobile ad hoc network is defined as a
network of mobile routers that are characterized by different
communication capabilities, such as communication channels,
processing powers or energy levels.

The HOLSR mechanism is an extension to the OLSRv2 protocol.  HOLSR
takes advantage of the router's distinct communications capabilities
to reduce the routing control overhead in large heterogeneous ad hoc
networks, thus improving the performance of the routing mechanism.
More precisely, HOLSR defines a hierarchy in the network and presents
a routing scheme for this hierarchical structure with a better
scalability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.