Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control
	Author(s)       : F. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-07-13

Recent revisions of ITU-T Recommendation G.709 have introduced new

features for Optical Transport Networks (OTN) ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e,
 
ODU3e1, ODU3e2 and ODUflex. Several recent documents have proposed

ways to modify GMPLS signaling protocols to support the new OTN
 
features.  

<Zhang>

  Expires January 2010

[page 1] 

draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-01.txt

 July 2009 

It is important that a single solution is developed for use in GMPLS  
signaling and routing protocols. This solution must address all of 
the new features, must be acceptable to all equipment vendors, and 
must be extensible for the evolving OTN.  

This document describes the extensions to the Generalized Multi-

Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling to control the evolving
 
Optical Transport Networks (OTN) with new features including ODU0,
 
ODU4, ODU2e, ODU3e1, ODU3e2 and ODUflex. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.