Subject: I-D Action:draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using SCTP as a Transport Layer Protocol for HTTP
	Author(s)       : P. Natarajan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-07-09

Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) [RFC2616] requires a reliable
transport for end-to-end communication.  While historically TCP has
been used for this purpose, this document proposes an alternative --
the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960].  Similar
to TCP, SCTP offers a reliable end-to-end transport connection to
applications.  Additionally, SCTP offers innovative services
unavailable in TCP.  This draft (i) specifies HTTP over SCTP's
multistreaming service, (ii) lists open issues warranting more
discussion and/or investigation, and (iii) shares some lessons
learned from implementing HTTP over SCTP.  Finally, this document
highlights SCTP services that better match HTTP's needs than TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.