Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-netext-prefix-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Local Mobility Anchor Based Prefix Management for PMIPv6 Using DHCPv6PD
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-netext-prefix-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-07-01

In Proxy Mobile IPv6, prefixes can only be assigned to one interface
of a mobile node by the local mobility anchor (LMA) and different
mobile nodes can not share these home network prefixes.  Managing
per-MN's interface home network prefixes is likely to increase the
processing load at the LMA.  Based on the idea that Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) servers can manage prefixes,
we propose a new technique in which LMA offloads delegation and
release tasks of the prefixes to the DHCPv6 server.  LMA requests
prefixes for an incoming mobile node to the DHCPv6 server.  Based on
these prefixes, the mobile node can create home addresses for its
interface.  When the mobile node leaves the network, the prefixes are
returned to the DHCPv6 server.  Authentication, Authorization and
Accounting (AAA) servers can also play a role in prefix
authorization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-netext-prefix-delegation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.