Subject: I-D Action:draft-cui-softwire-va-based-softwire-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VA-Based Softwire
	Author(s)       : Y. Cui, et al.
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-va-based-softwire-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-07-06

The increasing deployment of IPv6 networks in both customer networks
and ISP networks leads to two common traversing transition scenarios:
in the first scenario, an IPv6-only backbone network needs to provide
IP connectivity between IPv4 networks, we call it IPv4-over-IPv6
scenario; In the second scenario, IPv6 networks need to be
interconnected over an IPv4 transit network, we call it IPv6-over-
IPv4 scenario.  In both scenarios, the ISP operating the transit
network of one address family must offer transit services for
attached client networks of the other address family.  The Softwire
WG has defined softwire mesh mechanism [RFC5565] for the two
traversing scenarios.  Softwire mesh uses automatic softwire tunnels
employing multi-protocol BGP extensions for distributing E-IP routes,
where both BGP peers and tunnels between PEs forms a full-mesh
architecture.

Inspired by the Virtual Aggregation approach [I-D.ietf-grow-va] to
IPv4 routing scalability, in this draft we proposed a scalable
mechanism for distributing E-IP routes over the transit network.  Our
solution can significantly reduce the forwarding information base
(FIB) size at Address Family Border Routers (AFBRs) as well as the
total amount of routing updates, and offers the ISP an easy way to
manage the transit service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-va-based-softwire-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.