Subject: I-D Action:draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : XML Media Types
	Author(s)       : M. Makoto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2009-07-31

This document standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) while deprecating text/xml and text/
xml-external-parsed-entity.  This document also standardizes a
convention (using the suffix '+xml') for naming media types outside
of these five types when those media types represent XML MIME
entities.  XML MIME entities are currently exchanged via the
HyperText Transfer Protocol on the World Wide Web, are an integral
part of the WebDAV protocol for remote web authoring, and are
expected to have utility in many domains.

Major differences from [RFC3023] are deprecation of text/xml and
text/xml-external-parsed-entity, the addition of XPointer and XML
Base as fragment identifiers and base URIs, respectively, mention of
the XPointer Registry, and updating of many references.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.