Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-04.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2009-07-12

This document specifies Neighbor Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over energy and bandwidth
constrained wireless networks often making use of multihop
topologies.  However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
with 6LoWPAN has several problems.  Standard Neighbor Discovery was
not designed for non-transitive wireless links, and the standard IPv6
link concept and heavy use of multicast makes it inefficient.  This
document specifies a new ND mechanism allowing for the efficient
detection of duplicate addresses over entire LoWPANs, which also
optimizes other ND operations.  In addition context dissemination,
claim and defend address generation, and the support of Extended
LoWPANs over Backbone Links are specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.