Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-mac-operation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Optimized MAC Address Operations in VPLS with Redundancy
	Author(s)	: Y. Jiang, Y. Yang
	Filename	: draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-mac-operation-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2009-7-7
	
The Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) using Label Distribution    
   Protocol (LDP) signaling is described in RFC 4762. That document   
   describes a mechanism called MAC Address Withdrawal to remove or    
   unlearn MAC addresses which have been dynamically learned in a VPLS   
   instance. Further work in progress defines an extension to MAC 
   Address Withdrawal procedure which can greatly restrict the scope of 
   MAC flushing. This document provides a flushing-free mechanism which 
   removes the need for MAC address flushing in a VPLS instance. This 
   mechanism is called MAC Address Switching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-mac-operation-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.