Subject: I-D Action:draft-romano-dcon-recording-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Recording for Conferences using SMIL
	Author(s)       : A. Amirante, et al.
	Filename        : draft-romano-dcon-recording-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-07-06

This document deals with session recording, specifically for what
concerns recording of multimedia conferences, both centralized and
distributed.  Each involved media is recorded separately, and is then
properly tagged.  A SMIL [W3C.CR-SMIL3-20080115] metadata is used to
put all the separate recordings together and handle their
synchronization, as well as the possibly asynchronous opening and
closure of media within the context of a conference.  This SMIL
metadata can subsequently be used by an interested user by means of a
compliant player in order to passively receive a playout of the whole
multimedia conference session.  The motivation for this document
comes from our experience with our conferencing framework, Meetecho,
for which we implemented a recording functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-romano-dcon-recording-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.