Subject: I-D Action:draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 12:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LSP-Ping and BFD for MPLS-TP
	Author(s)       : N. Bahadur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-07-06

LSP-Ping and BFD for MPLS are existing and widely deployment OAM
mechanisms for MPLS LSPs.  This document describes how LSP-Ping and
BFD for MPLS can be used to perform OAM on MPLS-TP LSPs.  This
document describes extensions to LSP-Ping when IP addressing is not
in use, in a MPLS-TP deployment scenario.  These extensions are also
meant to be applicable when it is desirable to avoid the use of IP
encapsulation for exchanging LSP-Ping OAM messages.  This document
also clarifies the use of BFD for MPLS-TP LSPs when IP addressing may
not be available and/or it may not be desirable to encapsulate BFD
packets in IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.