Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Information Model for Impaired Optical Path Validation
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, C. Systems
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-07-08

This document provides an information model for the optical 
impairment characteristics of optical network elements for use in 
GMPLS/PCE control plane protocols and mechanisms. This information 
model supports Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment 
(IA-RWA) in optical networks in which path computation and optical 
path validation are essential components. This is not a general 
network management information model.  

This model is based on ITU-T defined optical network element 
characteristics as given in ITU-T recommendation G.680 and related 
specifications. This model is intentionally compatible with a 
previous impairment free optical information model used in optical 
path computations and wavelength assignment. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.