Subject: I-D Action:draft-morton-ippm-advance-metrics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problems and Possible Solutions for Advancing Metrics on the Standards Track
	Author(s)       : A. Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-advance-metrics-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-07-06

This memo identifies some issues with the process of progressing
performance metric RFCs along the standards track.  This memo takes
the position that the metric definitions themselves should be the
primary focus, rather than the implementations of metrics.  This
appears to allow some simplification of the task at hand and
subsequently leads to solutions for the issues raised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-advance-metrics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.