Subject: I-D Action:draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4 Run-Out and IPv4-IPv6 Co-Existence Scenarios
	Author(s)       : J. Arkko, M. Townsley
	Filename        : draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-07-13

When IPv6 was designed, it was expected that the transition from IPv4
to IPv6 would occur more smoothly and expeditiously than experience
has revealed.  The growth of the IPv4 Internet and predicted
depletion of the free pool of IPv4 address blocks on a foreseeable
horizon has highlighted an urgent need to revisit IPv6 deployment
models.  This document provides an overview of deployment scenarios
with the goal of helping to understand what types of additional tools
the industry needs to assist in IPv4 and IPv6 co-existence and
transition.

This document was originally created as input to the Montreal co-
existence interim meeting in October 2008, which led to the
rechartering of the Behave and Softwire working groups to take on new
IPv4 and IPv6 coexistence work.  This document is published as a
historical record of the thinking at the time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.