Subject: I-D Action:draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 02:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO-FCP: Application Layer Traffic Optimization Feedback-Based Client Protocol
	Author(s)       : Z. Despotovic, et al.
	Filename        : draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-07-06

In some networked applications, such as peer-to-peer file sharing,
the same resource (e.g., a file or a server process) is available at
several potential resource providers. Resource consumers typically
try to select providers so that application performance is improved,
establishing an overlay topology of direct logical links in the
process. However, lack of reliable information about the underlying
network can lead to poor choices and suboptimal application
performance. In addition, resulting application traffic is largely
oblivious to technical, economical, and political constraints at the
network level, causing problems for network operators.

This document describes a protocol that facilitates the exchange of
information between an overlay and the underlying network. Such
information can be used at each layer to make decisions that are not
detrimental to the other layer or, ideally, are beneficial to both.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.