Subject: I-D Action:draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis and scenarios of multiple interfaces in a host
	Author(s)       : Y. Hong, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2009-07-13

This document includes an analysis of multiple interfaces in a host
and a description of scenarios of multiple interfaces with the
respect of the relationship between layer 2 connection and layer 3
connection.  The current TCP/IP mechanism and networking methods are
suitable for single network interface.  When a host has multiple
interfaces, the current TCP/IP mechanism and networking methods
cannot directly be used for them.  A network interface establishes
layer 2 connection to layer 2 entity (e.g., WLAN Access Point) and it
does not mean providing proper layer 3 connection.  So every active
network interfaces do not guarantee successful IP layer operations.
In this document, we describe some problems for a host which has
multiple interfaces as an aspect of host's operations and usage
scenarios of multiple interfaces in a host.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.