Subject: I-D Action:draft-song-alto-server-discovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Service Discovery
	Author(s)       : S. Yongchao, et al.
	Filename        : draft-song-alto-server-discovery-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-07-12

Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) service aims to provide
distributed applications with information to perform better-than-
random initial peer selection when multiple peers in the network are
available to provide a resource or service.  In order to discover an
Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Server, a set of
mechanisms are required.  These mechanisms enable applications to
find an information source which provides them with information
regarding the underlying network.  This document discusses various
scenarios of ALTO discovery and specifies the use of several
available options such as DHCP or DNS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-song-alto-server-discovery-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.