Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-encode-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Information Encoding for Impaired Optical Path Validation
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, C. Systems
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-encode-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-07-08

This document provides an information encoding for the optical 
impairment characteristics of optical network elements for use in 
path computation and optical path impairment validation. This 
encoding is based on ITU-T defined optical network element 
characteristics as given in ITU-T recommendation G.680 and related 
specifications. This encoding is intentionally compatible with a 
previous impairment free optical information encoding used in optical 
path computations and wavelength assignment. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-encode-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.