Subject: I-D Action:draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 04:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Safe IKE Recovery
	Author(s)       : F. Detienne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-07-29

The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) suffers from the
limitation of not having a means to quickly recover from a stale
state known as dangling Security Associations (SA's) where one side
has SA's that the corresponding party does not have anymore.

This Draft proposes to address the limitation by offering an
immediate, DoS-free recovery mechanism for IKE that can be used in
all failover or post-crash situations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-detienne-ikev2-recovery-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.