Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 05:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCN Encoding for Packet-Specific Dual Marking (PSDM)
	Author(s)       : M. Menth, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-06-26

This document proposes how PCN marks can be encoded into the IP
header.  The presented encoding reuses the ECN field of the Voice-
Admit DSCP in a single PCN domain.  The encoding of unmarked PCN
packets indicates whether they are subject to either excess- or
exhaustive-marking.  This is useful, e.g., when data and probe
packets require different marking mechanisms.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.