Subject: I-D Action:draft-maenpaa-p2psip-topologyplugin-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 06:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Topology Plug-in for REsource LOcation And Discovery
	Author(s)       : J. Maenpaa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-maenpaa-p2psip-topologyplugin-00.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2009-07-06

REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) is a peer-to-peer signaling
protocol that can be used to maintain an overlay network, and to
store data in and retrieve data from the overlay.  This document
defines a new topology plug-in for RELOAD that is more appropriate
for real world large scale overlays.  This topology plug-in
implements three important functionalities that allow RELOAD to
operate under real world constraints.  First, it includes a load
balancing algorithm that specifies efficient allocation of load to
different nodes in the network.  Second, the document describes
robust techniques for stabilization of fingers and successors and
specifies self tuning mechanisms that allow dynamic and automatic
adjustment of parameters needed for these advanced techniques in the
topology plug-in.  Finally, it specifies a locality aware finger
selection algorithm that reduces average lookup latency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maenpaa-p2psip-topologyplugin-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.