Subject: I-D Action:draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 23:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Synchronized Playback in Rapid Acquisition of Multicast Sessions
	Author(s)       : P. Yang, Y. Wang
	Filename        : draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-07-05

When watching the same IPTV channel, different TV sets may not
render the same picture and the associated audio at the same moment.
This variation of end-to-end delay between users is referred to as
inter-user playback delay.  Unicast based rapid acquisition of
multicast RTP sessions (RAMS) as specified in [I-D.ietf-avt-rapid-
acquisition-for-rtp] is an important technique in achieving fast
channel switching in IPTV applications.  In addition, RAMS also
significantly relaxes the requirement of relatively short random
access point period in encoding of video streams in multicast
applications, thus allowing significantly improved compression
efficiency.  However, on the other hand, the use of RAMS increases
inter-user playback delay.  This document specifies a mechanism to
help reduce inter-user playback delay in RAMS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.