Subject: I-D Action:draft-jounay-delord-l2vpn-ms-pw-provisioning-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 21:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MS-PW based L2VPN provisioning, auto-discovery, signaling
	Author(s)       : S. Delord, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jounay-delord-l2vpn-ms-pw-provisioning-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-07-01

[RFC5254] describes the requirements for service providers to extend 
Pseudowires (PWs) across multiple network domains via the use of 
multi-segment Pseudowires (MS-PWs). The architecture of MS-PWs is 
described in [MS-PW ARCH] and several tools relating to provisioning, 
auto-discovery and signaling have been developed to allow the 
dynamic setup of MS-PWs. 

 However there is no end to end view that describes how these tools 
can be used in carrier networks. This document aims at providing 
this view by describing the different stages required for an end to
end L2VPN service setup relying on MS-PWs. 
These stages are VPN provisioning, auto-discovery (network and 
service), signaling and monitoring. 
 
Conventions used in this document 
 
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jounay-delord-l2vpn-ms-pw-provisioning-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.