Subject: I-D Action:draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4 Mobility Extension for Multicast and Broadcast Packets
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-07-08

This specification defines a new Mobile IPv4 extension which is used
to negotiate the Multicast-Broadcast Encapsulation Delivery style in
the case of Mobile IPv4 Foreign Agent Care-of Address mode
registration.  This mechanism allows the mobile node to negotiate
which type of traffic to be delivered encapsulated to the foreign
agent while delivering other types of IP packets using direct
delivery style.  In particular, this mechanism gives the flexibility
to eliminate tunnel overhead in the (typically) wireless medium
between the mobile node and the foreign agent.  In addition to the
reduced overhead, the new mechanism makes many multicast and
broadcast services available to the mobile node in a much more
deterministic and efficient way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.