Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-cross-problem-statement-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Problem statement on the cross-realm operation of Kerberos
	Author(s)	: S. Sakane
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-cross-problem-statement-04.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2009-7-31
	
As industrial automation is moving towards wider adoption of Internet
   standards, the Kerberos authentication protocol represents one of the
   best alternatives for ensuring the confidentiality and the integrity
   of communications in control networks while meeting performance and
   security requirements.

   However, the use of Kerberos cross-realm operations in large scale
   industrial systems may introduce issues that could cause performance
   and reliability problems. This document describes some examples of
   actual large scale industrial systems, and lists requirements and
   restriction regarding authentication operations in such environments.
   The document then describes standing issues in the Kerberos cross-
   realm authentication model that should be fixed before Kerberos can
   be adopted in large scale industrial systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-cross-problem-statement-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.