Subject: I-D Action:draft-varjonen-hip-eap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 01:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HIP and User Authentication
	Author(s)       : S. Varjonen
	Filename        : draft-varjonen-hip-eap-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-07-06

This document specifies how to use Extensible Authentication Protocol
(EAP) in HIP to incorporate user authentication in the IPsec tunnel
creation.  This document describes two new parameters for
transporting EAP messages inside HIP control packets.  The main focus
of this document is to describe how to use these parameters to
combine needed EAP negotiation in order to authenticate the user.
This document also describes how on-path middleboxes can take part in
the negotiation as authenticators.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-varjonen-hip-eap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.