Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SPEERMINT Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
	Author(s)       : S. Niccolini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-07-13

This memo presents the different security threats related to
SPEERMINT, classifying them into threats to the Lookup Function
(LUF), Location Routing Function (LRF), to the Signaling Function
(SF) and to the Media Function (MF).  The different instances of the
threats are briefly introduced inside the classification.  Finally,
the existing security solutions for SIP and RTP/RTCP are presented to
describe the countermeasures currently available for such threats.
Security requirements for SPEERMINT can be found in
draft-ietf-speermint-requirements.  The objective of this document is
to identify and enumerate SPEERMINT-specific threat vectors and to
give guidance for implementers on selecting appropriate
countermeasures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.