Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-mpls-tp-uncoord-harmful-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 05:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "Uncoordinated Protocol Development Considered Harmful"
	Author(s)       : S. Bryant, M. Morrow
	Filename        : draft-iab-mpls-tp-uncoord-harmful-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-07-10

This document identifies various types of damage that may occur
without formal coordination and joint development on protocols of
mutual interest between standards development organizations.  The IAB
has selected T-MPLS as recent case study to describe hazard to both
the MPLS and Internet architecture as a result of uncoordinated
adaptation of a protocol.

This experience has resulted in a considerable improvement in the
relationship between the two organisations.  In particular, this was
achieved via the establishment of the "Joint working team on MPLS-TP"
which was the first ever joint ITU/IETF group.  In addition, the
leadership of the two organisations have agreed to improve inter-
organizational working practices so as to avoid conflict in future
between ITU-T Recommendations and IETF RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-mpls-tp-uncoord-harmful-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.