Subject: I-D Action:draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Diameter Precongestion Notification (PCN) Data Collection Application
	Author(s)       : F. Huang, G. Zorn
	Filename        : draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-07-06

Pre-Congestion notification (PCN) is a technique for maintaining QoS
for inelastic flows in a DIFFServ domain.  The PCN architecture
requires that egress nodes send reports of congestion-related events
(flow admission state change, excess flow) reliably to a policy
decision point.  The ITU-T is working on a variant of this
architecture which places the policy decision point in a central node
rather than ingress or egress nodes of the network.  In this case the
policy decision point must request and obtain certain data from an
ingress node when it receives an excess flow report affecting that
ingress node.  This memo defines a Diameter application to support
egress node reporting and data collection from the ingress node.  The
nature of the data flows requires the policy decision point to act
both as server and as client.  Hence this memo draws upon the
precedent established by the Rw application (RFC 5431 and ITU-T
Recommendation Q.3303.3).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.