Subject: I-D Action:draft-hayano-rtsp-bitrate-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTSP 2.0 Bitrate Notification
	Author(s)       : H. Hatano, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hayano-rtsp-bitrate-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-07-13

Typically, there is no use for providing bandwidth information from
an RTSP 2.0 server to RTSP 2.0 clients.  The bandwidth of the medias
played out by the server is different from the available bandwidth in
the network (which is also changing) and there is anyhow the need to
perform congestion control during media playout.  This is true for
Internet deployments, or similar, but conveying information about
bandwidth of the medias can be required in other deployments of RTSP
2.0.  It might necessarily for RTSP 2.0 clients to obtain information
about the by medias used bandwidth in networks that rely on bandwidth
reservation initiated by the end host.  An example is the Next
Generation Network (NGN) standardized by ETSI TISPAN, where RTSP 2.0
clients must indicate the required bandwidth to the network.  This
memo discusses how to provide bandwidth information from RTSP 2.0
servers to clients and how to introduce it in RTSP 2.0.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayano-rtsp-bitrate-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.