Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-sam-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 03:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Scalable Multihoming across IPv6 Local-Address Routing Zones Global-Prefix/Local-Address Stateless Address Mapping (SAM)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-sam-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-07-13

The continuous growth of routing tables in the core of Internet is a
challenge.  It would become overwhelming if each multihomed customer
site would need a provider independent prefix to take full advantage
of its multihoming.  IPv6 has the potential to solve this problem,
but a complete specification is still missing.  This draft proposes
an approach for a solution.

The Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) model, introduced for this, is
applicable to a hierarchy of routing zones with multihoming permitted
at each level, and with each zone using local addresses for its
internal routing plan.  End-to-end transparency of the Internet is
maintains across these local-address zones, thanks to a systematic
encapsulation of global-address packets into local-address packets.
Local addresses are statelessly derived from prefixes found in global
addresses, and from static parameters of traversed zones.  Global
prefixes delegated by a zone to its child interfaces can be obtained
by autoconfiguration, thanks to to a bidirectional correspondence
between SAM local addresses and SAM global prefixes.

Deployment can be incremental.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-sam-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.