Subject: I-D Action:draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Router Alert Considerations and Usage
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur
	Filename        : draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-07-03

The IP Router Alert Option is an IP option that alerts transit
routers to more closely examine the contents of an IP packet.  RSVP,
PGM, IGMP/MLD and MRD are some of the protocols which make use of the
IP Router Alert option.  This document discusses security aspects,
common practices and usage guidelines around the use of the current
IP Router Alert option.  Specifically, it provides recommendations on
the use of Router Alert by new protocols, discusses controlled
environments where existing protocols depending on Router Alert can
be used effectively and discusses protection approaches for Service
Providers.  Finally it provides brief guidelines for Router Alert
implementation on routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-rtg-router-alert-considerations-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.