Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-behave-ivit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 01:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IVIT(IVI+Tunnel)
	Author(s)       : M. Xu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xu-behave-ivit-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-07-06

This document proposes a mechanism, IVIT (IVI+Tunnel), to support
non-IVI IPv6 hosts to communicate with IPv4 hosts, and vice versa.
IVIT combines IVI translation and Tunnel methods with the IVI
translation at the core and the tunnel at the edge.  In this
document, IVIT provides two modes.  One is the dual-stack host mode,
which supports the communication between a dual-stack host in an IPv4
network and a non-IVI IPv6 host, especially the communication
scenario between a dual-stack server in an IPv4 network and a non-IVI
IPv6 host.  The other is the CPE mode, which supports the
communication between an IPv4-only host and a non-IVI IPv6 host,
especially the bidirectional communication scenario between a private
IPv4 network and a non-IVI IPv6 network.  Combined with IVI, IVIT can
support the communication between IPv4 networks and IPv6 networks
statelessly at the core.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-behave-ivit-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.