Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-einarsson-mmusic-rtsp-macuri-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Multiple aggregated control URIs for RTSP
	Author(s)	: T. Lohmar, T. Einarsson
	Filename	: draft-einarsson-mmusic-rtsp-macuri-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2009-7-14
	
RTSP defines the setup and control for on demand and live streaming
   media sessions, which are delivered via an external media transport
   protocol such as RTP/UDP.  RTSP does not define a mechanism to change
   the content during an on-going streaming session.  Such a mechanism
   improves the streaming experience when a user browses through
   multiple offerings on a single streaming site.

   This document describes several methods to improve content switching.
   The basic principle is to re-use already established transport
   sessions (e.g.  RTP/UDP sessions) and negotiate new content to be
   delivered on the existing sessions.  If additional transport sessions
   are necessary, those sessions are established separately.  This
   principle of re-using the RTSP control and transport sessions
   decreases the content switch delay to a large extent and improves the
   end-user experience.

   The present document defines a mechanism for switching to new
   content, both when the client already has the content description
   available and when it does not.

   This document additionally considers switching of a single media
   stream in a session, when several alternative media components are
   available.  For instance, the content may provide several alternate
   audio tracks in different languages to be played with a single video
   stream.

   The principle of Fast Content Switching and Start-up is also defined
   in 3GPP TS 26.234 [3GPP.26.234] for RTSP 1.0 [RFC2326].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-einarsson-mmusic-rtsp-macuri-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.