Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-call-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RSVP-TE extensions to GMPLS Calls
	Author(s)       : F. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-call-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-07-07

Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Resource 
ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) extensions are 
used to support Calls. Although it is stated that these mechanisms 
are applicable to any environment (including multi-area), the "Call 
Path" is determined hop-by-hop by each "Call Manager" in sequence 
along the path of the Call. 

 However, it is desirable to allow the Call-initiator to identify the 
Call Path explicitly in some cases (especially in the multi-domain 
case). 

This document describes RSVP-TE signaling extensions to allow the 
Call-initiator to identify the Call Path explicitly when transit 
nodes (besides the Call-initiator and Call-terminator) are involved 
in these Calls. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-call-extensions-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.