Subject: I-D Action:draft-roca-fecframe-rs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : V. Roca, et al.
	Filename        : draft-roca-fecframe-rs-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2009-07-13

This document describes four fully-specified FEC schemes for Reed-
Solomon codes that can be used to protect media streams along the
lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  Reed-Solomon codes belong
to the class of Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means
they offer optimal protection against packet erasures.  They are also
systematic codes, which means that the source symbols are part of the
encoding symbols.  The price to pay is a limit on the maximum source
block size, on the maximum number of encoding symbols, and a
computational complexity higher than that of sparse parity check
based FEC codes.  However, this complexity remains compatible with
software codecs.

The first scheme is for Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with m in
{2..16}, a simple FEC encoding and arbitrary packet flows.  The
second scheme is for Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^8), the
interleaved FEC encoding, and arbitrary packet flows.  The third
(resp. fourth) scheme is similar to the first (resp. second) scheme,
with the exception that it is for a single sequenced flow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-fecframe-rs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.