Subject: I-D Action:draft-komolafe-mpls-te-p2mp-scaling-analysis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Analysis of Scaling Issues for Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths in MPLS-TE Core Networks
	Author(s)       : O. Komolafe, et al.
	Filename        : draft-komolafe-mpls-te-p2mp-scaling-analysis-02.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2009-08-27

Traffic engineered Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TE) is
deployed in providers' core networks, and the scaling properties
have been analyzed to show how much control state must be maintained
to support a full mesh of edge-to-edge point-to-point (P2P) Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) in various network topologies and with several
different scaling techniques.

Point-to-multipoint (P2MP) MPLS-TE LSPs are very interesting to
service providers as a means to provide multicast services (such as
TV distribution, or multicast VPN connectivity) across core MPLS
networks. P2MP LSPs have different scaling properties than P2P LSPs,
and service providers need to understand whether existing protocols
and implementations can support the network sizes and service levels
that they are planning in their P2MP MPLS-TE networks.

This document presents an analysis of the scaling properties MPLS-TE
core networks that support P2MP LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-komolafe-mpls-te-p2mp-scaling-analysis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.