Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-meng-alto-relay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Relay Usage for ALTO in Real Time Communication
	Author(s)	: Y. Meng, J. Wang, T. Ma, H. Wang, M. Xiong
	Filename	: draft-meng-alto-relay-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2009-8-20
	
ALTO has been proposed to help peer-to-peer (P2P) applications make 
   better decisions with respect to peer selection. It provides the 
   underlying network view for P2P users to choose the optimal resource 
   instances. The usage of ALTO has covered nearly all the P2P 
   applications, such as file sharing, media streaming, real time 
   communications and etc. In real time communication where the source 
   and destination are fixed, it is used to choose relays. 

   This document defines the relay usage for ALTO in real time 
   communication. Beside the relay for NAT traversal mentioned before, 
   this document introduce a relay called Qos relay to improve the 
   performance. After analyzing the necessity of this type of relay and 
   the benefits of combining ALTO with relay, two models of combination 
   are described according to the coupling tightness between ALTO and 
   relay service. One is called "integrating relay service into alto 
   service" and the other is "cooperation between P2P application 
   provider and ISP". In all, the usage of ALTO in real time 
   communication has been developed in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-meng-alto-relay-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.