Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Use of Target Identity in HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)	: M. Thomson, H. Tschofenig, R. Barnes, J. Winterbottom
	Filename	: draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-10.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2009-8-27
	
When a Location Information Server receives a request for location
   information (using the locationRequest message), described in the
   base HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) specification, it uses the
   source IP address of arriving message as a pointer to the location
   determination process.  This is sufficient in environments where the
   location of a Device can be determined based on its IP address.

   Two additional use cases are addresses by this document.  In the
   first, location configuration requires additional or alternative
   identifiers from the source IP address provided in the request.  In
   the second, an entity other than the Device requests the location of
   the Device.

   This document extends the HELD protocol to allow the location request
   message to carry Device identifiers.  Privacy and security
   considerations describe the conditions where requests containing
   identifiers are permitted.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.