Subject: I-D Action:draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Data Center Bridging Devices
	Author(s)       : T. Player, D. Newman
	Filename        : draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-08-14

Existing benchmarking methodologies are based on the assumption that
networking devices will drop network traffic at their performance
limits.  Data Center Bridging (DCB) devices, however, will attempt to
throttle network endpoints before those limits are reached in order
to minimize the probability of frame loss in the network.  Hence,
existing methodologies based around frame loss are inappropriate for
DCB devices.  This document takes the basic benchmarking ideas based
on loss and extends them to support "lossless" Ethernet devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.