Subject: I-D Action:draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extending ICMP for Interface and Next-hop Identification
	Author(s)       : R. Bonica, et al.
	Filename        : draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-08-03

This memo defines a data structure that can be appended to selected
ICMP messages.  The ICMP extension defined herein can be used
identify any combination of the following: the IP interface upon
which a datagram arrived, the sub-IP component of an IP interface
upon which a datagram arrived, the IP interface through which the
datagram would have been for forwarded had it been forwardable, the
IP next hop to which the datagram would have been forwarded.

Devices can use this ICMP extension to identify interfaces and their
components by any combination of the following: ifIndex, IPv4
address, IPv6 address, name and MTU.  ICMP-aware devices can use
these extensions to identify both numbered and unnumbered interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.