Subject: I-D Action:draft-stiemerling-alto-info-redist-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Information Redistribution Considered Harmful
	Author(s)       : M. Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-stiemerling-alto-info-redist-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-08-07

The merged ALTO protocol proposal proposes several mechanisms to
increase scalability of the protocol.  One of the proposed mechanisms
is the distribution of ALTO information directly between the peers
without any involvement of the server.  This memo discusses why the
proposed mechanism is considered harmful and why the proposed
security framework is deployable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-alto-info-redist-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.