Subject: I-D Action:draft-ford-behave-top-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Unintended Consequence of two NAT deployments with Overlapping Address Space
	Author(s)       : P. Srisuresh, B. Ford
	Filename        : draft-ford-behave-top-07.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-08-12

This document identifies two deployment scenarios that have arisen
from the unconventional network topologies formed using Network
Address Translator devices (NATs). First, the simplicity of
administering networks through the combination of NAT and DHCP has
increasingly lead to the deployment of multi-level inter-connected
private networks involving overlapping private IP address spaces. 
Second, the proliferation of private networks in enterprises, hotels
and conferences, and the wide spread use of Virtual Private Networks
(VPNs) to access enterprise intranet from remote locations has
increasingly lead to overlapping private IP address space between
remote and corporate networks. The document does not dismiss these
unconventional scenarios as invalid, but recognizes them as real and
offers recommendations to help ensure these deployments can
function without a meltdown.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.