Subject: I-D Action:draft-hoene-avt-acs-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements of an Audio Communication System (ACS)
	Author(s)       : C. Hoene
	Filename        : draft-hoene-avt-acs-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-08-17

This document describes the requirements of an audio communication 
system (ACS) for acoustic content, especially speech and music. The 
ACS consists of all components above the IP layer and below a digital 
PCM audio interface. These include codec, jitter buffer, and 
transport. 

The goal of the ACS is to provide a bidirectional acoustic 
communication between any two Internet hosts at a good quality, 
constrained only by the available resources at the hosts and the 
characteristics of the transmission path between both hosts. 

The intention of the document is to provide the requirements for a 
codec that is solely intended for the Internet, to provide the 
requirements for the codec's payload specification, and to define the 
requirements on the transport protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoene-avt-acs-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.