Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-02.txt
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-08-17

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

Extensions to the MPLS and GMPLS signaling and routing protocols have
been made in support of point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineered
(TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).

This document examines the applicability of PCE to path computation
for P2MP TE LSPs in MPLS and GMPLS networks. It describes the
motivation for using a PCE to compute these paths, and examines which
of the PCE architectural models are appropriate.

Yasukawa and Farrel

[page 1]

draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-02.txt

 August 2009

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.