Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Names in Applications, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mapping Characters in IDNA
	Author(s)       : P. Resnick, P. Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-03.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2009-08-20

In the original version of the Internationalized Domain Names in
Applications (IDNA) protocol, any Unicode code points taken from user
input were mapped into a set of Unicode code points that "make
sense", which were then encoded and passed to the domain name system
(DNS).  The current version of IDNA presumes that the input to the
protocol comes from a set of "permitted" code points, which it then
encodes and passes to the DNS, but does not specify what to do with
the result of user input.  This document describes the actions taken
by an implementation between user input and passing permitted code
points to the new IDNA protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.