Subject: I-D Action:draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommendations for the Remediation of Bots in Large ISP Networks
	Author(s)       : J. Livingood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-08-26

This document contains recommendations on how large Internet Service
Providers (ISPs) can manage the effects of large numbers of bot
infected computers used by their subscribers via various remediation
techniques.  At the time that this document was published, computers
infected by bots and the users of those computers comprise a
substantial number of users for large ISPs.  Those Internet users are
exposed to risks such as loss of personal data, increased
susceptibility to online fraud and/or phishing, and becoming an
inadvertent participant in or component of an online crime, spam,
and/or phishing network.  Mitigating the effects of and remediating
the installations of bots affecting large numbers of Internet users
will make it more difficult for botnets to operate and could reduce
the level of online crime on the Internet in general and/or on a
particular ISP's network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.