Subject: I-D Action:draft-gohar-fmipv6-ftj-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Fast Tree Join for Seamless Multicast Handover in Wireless/Mobile Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Gohar, S. Koh
	Filename        : draft-gohar-fmipv6-ftj-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-08-24

This draft describes a fast handover mechanism to provide seamless
multicast services in the wireless/mobile networks based on the Fast
Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6). When a mobile node (MN) moves from one access
router to another, it may encounter data loss. In the tree joining
case of the existing scheme, there is a problem of buffer overflow
during the packet forwarding from Previous Access Router (PAR) to New
Access Router (NAR), in which many packet losses may occur due to the
buffer overflow.  In order to reduce this buffer overflow and the
concerned packet losses, we propose a new scheme of a fast tree join
for seamless multicast handover, which allows the NAR to join the
multicast tree before the FMIPv6 handover is completed. In the
proposed scheme, we consider the two specific cases: 1) the short
tree joining time, in which no packet forwarding will be required and
thus NAR can receive the multicast data from an upstream multicast
router before the FMIPv6 handover is completed, 2) the long tree
joining time, in which the packet forwarding will be required and
thus NAR will receive the multicast data after the FMIPv6 handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gohar-fmipv6-ftj-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.