Subject: I-D Action:draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RaptorG Forward Error Correction Scheme for Object Delivery
	Author(s)       : M. Luby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object-00.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2009-08-24

This document describes a Fully-Specified FEC scheme, corresponding
to FEC Encoding ID XXX, for the RaptorG forward error correction code
and its application to reliable delivery of data objects.

RaptorG codes are a new family of codes to provide superior
flexibility, larger source block sizes and better coding efficiency
than Raptor codes in RFC5053.  RaptorG is also a fountain code, i.e.,
as many encoding symbols as needed can be generated by the encoder
on-the-fly from the source symbols of a source block of data.  The
decoder is able to recover the source block from any set of encoding
symbols for most cases equal to the number of source symbols and in
rare cases with slightly more than the number of source symbols.

The RaptorG code described here is a systematic code, meaning that
all the source symbols are among the encoding symbols that can be
generated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.