Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-mspmsi-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MVPN: Optimized use of PIM, Wild Card Selectors, S-PMSI Join Extensions, Bidirectional Tunnels, Extranets, Hub and Spoke
	Author(s)       : A. Boers, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-mspmsi-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2009-08-24

Specifications for a number of important topics were arbitrarily
omitted from the initial MVPN specifications, so that those
specifications could be "frozen" and advanced.  The current document
provides some of the missing specifications.  The topics covered are:
(a) Extending PE-PE PIM control mechanisms to support MPLS tunnels
and IPv6 flows, (b) using Wild Card selectors to bind multicast data
streams to tunnels, (c) using Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched
Paths as tunnels, (d) binding bidirectional customer multicast data
streams to specific tunnels, (e) running PIM (i.e., sending and
receiving multicast control traffic) over a set of tunnels that are
created only if needed to carry multicast data traffic, (f)
extranets, (g) support for anycast sources, (h) support for "hub and
spoke" VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-mspmsi-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.