Subject: I-D Action:draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Third-party ALTO server discovery
	Author(s)       : S. Kiesel, M. Tomsu
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-08-26

The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
resource.

This document describes why a third-party ALTO server discovery
mechanism is required for an important class of applications, namely
tracker-based P2P applications.  Several solution approaches are
classified and evaluated.  The conclusion is that further work is
required to standardize a protocol and procedures that follow one
specific approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.