Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-howard-rfc2307bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An Approach for Using LDAP as a Network Information Service
	Author(s)	: L. Howard, H. Chu
	Filename	: draft-howard-rfc2307bis-02.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2009-8-9
	
This document describes a mechanism for mapping entities related to
   TCP/IP and the UNIX system [UNIX] into [X.500] entries so that they
   may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
   [RFC4511].  A set of attribute types and object classes are proposed,
   along with specific guidelines for interpreting them.  The intention
   is to assist the deployment of LDAP as an organizational nameservice.
   No proposed solutions are intended as standards for the Internet.
   Rather, it is hoped that a general consensus will emerge as to the
   appropriate solution to such problems, leading eventually to the
   adoption of standards.  The proposed mechanism has already been
   implemented with some success.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-howard-rfc2307bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.