Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Survey on Research on the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Problem
	Author(s)       : I. Rimac, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-08-20

A significant part of the Internet traffic today is generated by
peer-to-peer (P2P) applications used traditionally for file-sharing,
and more recently for real-time communications and live media
streaming.  Such applications discover a route to each other through
an overlay network with little knowledge of the underlying network
topology.  As a result, they may choose peers based on information
deduced from empirical measurements, which can lead to suboptimal
choices.  We refer to this as the Application Layer Traffic
Optimization (ALTO) problem.  In this draft we present a survey of
existing literature on discovering topology characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.