Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement and Brief Survey
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-08.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2009-08-02

This document discusses current mobility extensions to IP layer 
multicast. It describes problems arising from mobile group 
communication in general, the case of multicast listener mobility, 
and for mobile senders using Any Source Multicast and Source Specific 
Multicast. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and deployment 
issues for fixed IPv6 networks are summarized. Specific properties 
and interplays with the underlying network access are surveyed with 
respect to the relevant technologies in the wireless domain. It 
outlines the principal approaches to multicast mobility, together 
with a comprehensive exploration of the mobile multicast problem and 
solution space. This document concludes with a conceptual roadmap for 
initial steps in standardization for use by future mobile multicast 
protocol designers. This document is a product of the IP Mobility 
Optimizations (MobOpts) Research Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.