Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-joseph-p2mp-mvpn-experience-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Experience with rsvp-te p2mp based mvpn

	Author(s)	: V. Joseph
	Filename	: draft-joseph-p2mp-mvpn-experience-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2009-8-20
	
Multicast based VPNs have been deployed for a while now, based on the 
   Draft Rosen solution. In today's scenario, network deployments are moving 
   towards a choice Label Switched Multicast, primarily to garner some of the 
   advantages that a Label Switched Network can offer. In short, the 
   requirement is to achieve more optimal multicast replication and in other 
   words achieve better and effective bandwidth savings. This document describes 
   some of the experiences gained from the implementation and deployment of 
   Label Switched multicast using the RSVP-TE P2MP Label Switched Path approach, 
   and such is information only. The intent is to translate the experiences 
   gained into valuable practices for the Service Provider and Enterprise community 
   who intend to deploy this class of mVPNs. Information based on "Hierarchical 
   Multicast Trees" and "Aggregated P Tunnels" have not been included, and will 
   follow in the next version of this draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-joseph-p2mp-mvpn-experience-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.