Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transmission of IP over Ethernet over IEEE 802.16 Networks
	Author(s)       : H. Jeon, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16-12.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-09-17

This document describes the transmission of IPv4 over Ethernet as
well as IPv6 over Ethernet in an access network deploying the IEEE
802.16 cellular radio transmission technology.  The Ethernet on top
of IEEE 802.16 is realized by bridging connections which the IEEE
802.16 provides between a base station and its associated subscriber
stations.  Due to the resource constraints of radio transmission
systems and the limitations of the IEEE 802.16 Media Access Control
(MAC) functionality for the realization of an Ethernet, the
transmission of IP over Ethernet over IEEE 802.16 may considerably
benefit by adding IP specific support functions in the Ethernet over
IEEE 802.16 while maintaining full compatibility with standard IP
over Ethernet behavior.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.