Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for MPLS in Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Bocci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-04.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2009-09-11

This document specifies an architectural framework for the
application of Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) in transport
networks, by enabling the construction of packet switched equivalents
to traditional circuit switched carrier networks.  It describes a
common set of protocol functions--the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-
TP)--that supports the operational models and capabilities typical of
such networks, including signaled or explicitly provisioned bi-
directional connection-oriented paths, protection and restoration
mechanisms, comprehensive Operations, Administration and Maintenance
(OAM) functions, and network operation in the absence of a dynamic
control plane or IP forwarding support.  Some of these functions
exist in existing MPLS specifications, while others require
extensions to existing specifications to meet the requirements of the
MPLS-TP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.