Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Baseline Encoding and Transport of Pre-Congestion Information
	Author(s)       : T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-09-25

The objective of the pre-congestion notification (PCN) architecture
is to protect the QoS of inelastic flows within a Diffserv domain.
It achieves this by marking packets belonging to PCN-flows when the
rate of traffic exceeds certain configured thresholds on links in the
domain.  These marks can then be evaluated to determine how close the
domain is to being congested.  This document specifies how such marks
are encoded into the IP header by redefining the Explicit Congestion
Notification (ECN) codepoints within such domains.  The baseline
encoding described here provides only two PCN encoding states: not-
marked and PCN-marked.  Future extensions to this encoding may be
needed in order to provide more than one level of marking severity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.