Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for SVC Video
	Author(s)       : S. Wenger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-19.txt
	Pages           : 103
	Date            : 2009-09-17

This memo describes an RTP payload format for Scalable Video Coding
(SVC) as defined in_Annex G of ITU-T Recommendation H.264, which is
technically identical to Amendment 3 of ISO/IEC International
Standard 14496-10.  The RTP payload format allows for packetization
of one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP
packet payload, as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit in multiple
RTP packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of an SVC stream
over a single as well as multiple RTP sessions.  The payload format
defines a new media subtype name "H264-SVC", but is still backwards
compatible to [I-D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis] since the base layer,
when encapsulated in its own RTP stream, must use the H.264 media
subtype name ("H264") and the packetization method specified in [I-
D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis].  The payload format has wide
applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, and
high bit-rate entertainment-quality video, among others.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-19.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.