Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-process-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Joint IETF and ITU-T Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Transport Profile process
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-process-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-09-08

The decision to develop a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
Transport Profile in cooperation between IETF and ITU-T does not
fully define and document processes for development of the required
RFCs.

This document complements the processes documented in the JWT
decision with a few separate elements; it:

o  provides an adaptation of the IETF working group process,

o  identifies the expected participation in the process by the ITU-T,

o  clarifies the decision rules regarding MPLS-TP documents.

This document is not intended to specify any ITU-T process; to the
extent necessary ITU-T activities will be done according to ITU-T
process/rules.

Nor is this document is intended to specify the IETF working group
process, it is limited to the temporary adaptations of that process
that is the result of that IETF and ITU-T accepted the proposal in
the JWT report to jointly develop the MPLS Transport Profile.  In
general it may be said that these adaptations are introduced to
ensure a good and consistent document review across the two
organizations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-process-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.