Subject: I-D Action:draft-dekok-radext-nai-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Network Access Identifier
	Author(s)       : A. DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-nai-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-09-09

In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
submitted by the client during network authentication.  "Roaming" may
be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
might be required include ISP "confederations" and ISP-provided
corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
of RFC 4282, which addresses issues with international character
sets, as well as a number of other corrections to the previous RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dekok-radext-nai-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.