Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709-lmp-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Link Management Protocol (LMP) extensions for G.709 Optical Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : F. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709-lmp-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-09-18

Recent progress of the Optical Transport Network (OTN) has introduced 
new signal types (i.e., ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e, ODU3e1, ODU3e2 and ODUflex) 
and new Tributary Slot granularity (1.25Gbps). 

Since equipments deployed prior to recently defined ITU-T 
recommendations only support 2.5 Gbps Tributary Slot granularity and 

Zhang

  Expires March 2010

 [page 1] 

draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g.709-lmp-discovery-00.txt

 September 2009 

ODU1, ODU2 and ODU3 containers, the compatibility problem should be 
considered. In addition, a Higher Order ODU (HO ODU) link may not 
support all the types of Lower Order ODU (LO ODU) signals defined by 
the new OTN standards because of the limitation of the devices at the 
two ends of a link. In these cases, the control plane is required to 
run the capability discovering functions for the evolving OTN. 

This document describes the extensions to the Link Management 
Protocol (LMP) needed to discover the capability of HO ODU link, 
including the granularity of Tributary Slot to be used and the LO ODU 
signal types that the link can support. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709-lmp-discovery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.