Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The use of SVEC (Synchronization VECtor) list for Synchronized dependent path computations
	Author(s)       : I. Nishioka, D. King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-09-23

A Path Computation Element (PCE) performing dependent path
computations, for instance calculating a diverse working and
protected path not sharing common network points, would need to
synchronize the computations in order to increase the probability of
meeting the working and protected path diversity (or disjointness)
objective and network resource optimization objective. When a PCE
computes multiple sets of dependent path computation requests
concurrently, it is required to use Synchronization VECtor (SVEC)
list for association among the sets of dependent path computation
requests. SVEC is also applicable to end-to-end diverse path
computation across multiple domains. This document describes the
usage of SVECs in the SVEC list and diverse path computation
guideline, for the synchronized computation of dependent paths.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with
the provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
months and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents
at any time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as
reference material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."
The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

This Internet-Draft will expire on March 23, 2009.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors. All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents in effect on the date of
publication of this document (http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info).
Please review these documents carefully, as they describe your
rights and restrictions with respect to this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.