Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PIM Group-to-RP Mapping
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, A. Kessler, D. McWalter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2009-9-22
	
Each PIM-SM router in a PIM Domain which supports ASM maintains
   Group-to-RP mappings which are used to identify a RP for a specific
   multicast group.  PIM-SM has defined an algorithm to choose a RP from
   the Group-to-RP mappings learned using various mechanisms.  This
   algorithm does not allow administrator to override a specific Group-
   to-RP mapping with the static Group-to-RP mapping which an
   administrator would want to use.  This algorithm also does not
   consider the PIM mode and the mechanism through which a Group-to-RP
   mapping was learned.

   The intention of this document is to suggest a standard algorithm to
   deterministically choose between several group-to-rp mappings for a
   specific group.  This document first explains the requirements to
   extend the Group-to-RP mapping algorithm and then proposes the new
   algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.