Subject: I-D Action:draft-yourtchenko-tran-announce-dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A la carte: Announcing the supported transport protocols via DNS
	Author(s)       : A. Yourtchenko, D. Wing
	Filename        : draft-yourtchenko-tran-announce-dns-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-09-17

While TCP has enjoyed many enhancements over the decades, it is
useful to allow applications to use transports beyond just UDP and
TCP and to use TCP in new ways.  It is inefficient to naively probe
the server using the new protocol.  This document proposes a new DNS
resource record which provides an efficient way to query which
protocols are supported by a server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yourtchenko-tran-announce-dns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.