Subject: I-D Action:draft-peterson-rai-rfc3427bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Change Process for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : J. Peterson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-peterson-rai-rfc3427bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-09-14

This memo documents a process intended to organize the future
development of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  As the
environments in which SIP is deployed grow more numerous and diverse,
modifying or extending SIP in certain ways may threaten the
interoperability and security of the protocol; however, the IETF
process must also cater to the realities of existing deployments and
serve the needs of the implementers working with SIP.  This document
therefore defines the functions of two long-lived working groups in
the RAI Area which are, respectively, responsible for the maintenance
of the core SIP specifications and development of new efforts to
extend and apply SIP.  This document obsoletes RFC3427.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-rai-rfc3427bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.