Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON)
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2009-09-08

This memo provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi-
Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element
(PCE) architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical
networks (WSON).  In particular we provide control plane models for
key wavelength switched optical network subsystems and processes. The
subsystems include wavelength division multiplexed links, tunable
laser transmitters, reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers
(ROADM) and wavelength converters.

Lightpath provisioning, in general, requires the routing and
wavelength assignment (RWA) process. This process is reviewed and the
information requirements, both static and dynamic for this process
are presented, along with alternative implementation architectures
that could be realized via various combinations of extended GMPLS and
PCE protocols.

This memo focuses on topological elements and path selection
constraints that are common across different WSON environments as
such it does not address optical impairments in any depth nor does it
address potential incompatibilities between some types of optical
signals and some types of network elements and links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.