Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DVB-IPTV Application-Layer Hybrid FEC Protection
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, T. Stockhammer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-09-16

The Annex E of the DVB-IPTV technical specification defines an
optional Application-layer Forward Error Correction (AL-FEC) protocol
to protect the streaming media carried over RTP transport.  The DVB-
IPTV AL-FEC protocol uses two layers for FEC protection.  The first
(base) layer is based on the 1-D interleaved parity code.  The second
(enhancement) layer is based on the Raptor code.  By offering a
layered approach, the DVB-IPTV AL-FEC protocol offers a good
protection against both bursty and random packet losses at a cost of
decent complexity.  This document describes how one can implement the
DVB-IPTV AL-FEC protocol by using the 1-D interleaved parity code and
Raptor code that have already been specified in separate documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.