Subject: I-D Action:draft-manner-tsvwg-gut-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generic UDP Tunnelling (GUT)
	Author(s)       : J. Manner, N. Varis
	Filename        : draft-manner-tsvwg-gut-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-09-14

Deploying new transport protocols on the Internet is a well-known
problem, as NATs and firewall drop packets with new protocol types.
Tunnelling over UDP is one way to make IP packets hide the actual
payload and enable end-to-end delivery.  This draft proposes a simple
UDP tunnelling encapsulation and end-host operation to enable new IP
payloads, e.g., new transport protocols, to be deployed on the
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-tsvwg-gut-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.