Subject: I-D Action:draft-boucadair-behave-dns-a64-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A64: DNS Resource Record for IPv4-mapped IPv6 Address
	Author(s)       : M. Boucadair, E. Burgey
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-behave-dns-a64-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-10-18

In this context of IPv4-IPv6 interconnection, several solutions have
been proposed.  Some of these solutions require the definition of a
new IPv4-mapped IPv6 address [I-D.ietf-behave-address-format] which
is used to represent an IPv4-only host in an IPv6 realms and the
definition of a new mechanism called DNS64 for synthesizing a AAAA
record, representing an IPv4-mapped IPv6 address in the DNS system,
from the A record representing the IPv4 address of the IPv4-only host
[I-D.ietf-behave-dns64].  This IPv4-mapped IPv6 address, when managed
by a translator, is to be considered as "fake" address in a DNS
system since it is not necessarily assigned to any host's interface
qualified by the associated name.  This document defines a new DNS
record type and query type to identify IPv4-mapped IPv6 address
[I-D.ietf-behave-address-format] from native IPv6 ones.  The new
record type and query type aim at helping the remote party to enforce
its policies and avoid NAT64 boxes when possible.  Native addresses
are to be preferred.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-behave-dns-a64-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.