Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BFD for MPLS LSPs Enhancement 
	Author(s)	: M. Chen, S. Ning, V. Hallivuori
	Filename	: draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2009-10-19
	
   This document defines an enhancement to Bi-directional Forwarding 
   Detection (BFD) for MPLS LSPs [MPLS-BFD] that can be used to specify 
   the return path of BFD control packets for a specific BFD session. 
   Specifying return co-routed or protected return path increases 
   robustness of BFD failure detection and reduces false positives. 
   This document also defines a way to avoid duplicate BFD sessions 
   currently encountered with Co-routed Bidirectional LSPs and 
   Associated Bidirectional LSP. The enhancement halves the BFD 
   sessions over those LSPs, and allows a Co-routed Bidirectional LSPs 
   or Associated Bidirectional LSPs to be protected and switched as a 
   single entity.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.