Subject: I-D Action:draft-livingood-web-notification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Example of an ISP Web Notification System
	Author(s)       : C. Chung, et al.
	Filename        : draft-livingood-web-notification-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-10-08

The objective of this document is to describe one method of providing
notifications to web browsers being developed by Comcast, a large
Internet Service Provider (ISP).  Such a notification system can be
used by an ISP to provide near-immediate notifications to their
users, such as to warn them that their traffic exhibits patterns that
are indicative of malware or virus infection, for example.  There are
many proprietary systems that can perform such notifications on the
market today, some of which use inline-based Deep Packet Inspection
(DPI) systems.  This document describes one example of such a system
that does not rely upon DPI systems, and is instead based in open
standards and open source systems.  While the system described herein
is in some ways specific to the DOCSIS networks used by most cable-
based broadband ISPs, components and concepts described in this
document can generally be applied to many different types of
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-livingood-web-notification-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.