Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RSVP-TE Graceful Restart under Fast Re-route conditions
	Author(s)       : A. Liu, S. Kini
	Filename        : draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-10-15

During RSVP-TE graceful restart (GR), the LSR communicates with
 its directly connected neighbors to synchronize LSP state to
 recover from control plane failure conditions. However, when the
 LSP has undergone a Fast Re-route (FRR), the directly connected
 neighbor of the Point of Local Repair (PLR) or Merge Point (MP)
 could be down. The FRR condition of the LSP could exist for a
 substantial period of time. During this period the network is
 vulnerable to traffic loss if control plane experiences a failure
 on the PLR or MP. This draft describes a mechanism to extend RSVP-
 TE GR to work under conditions where FRR has occurred.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.