Subject: I-D Action:draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-53.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Web Socket protocol
	Author(s)       : I. Hickson
	Filename        : draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-53.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2009-10-22

The Web Sockets protocol enables two-way communication between a user
agent running untrusted code running in a controlled environment to a
remote host that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The
protocol consists of an initial handshake followed by basic message
framing, layered over TCP.  The goal of this technology is to provide
a mechanism for browser-based applications that need two-way
communication with servers that does not rely on opening multiple
HTTP connections (e.g. using XMLHttpRequest or <iframe>s and long
polling).Author's note

This document is automatically generated from the same source
document as the HTML5 specification.  [HTML5]

Please send feedback to either the [email-masked] list or the
[email-masked] list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-53.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.