Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zixuan-fecframe-source-mi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Source FEC Payload Mapping Information for Sequence Flow
	Author(s)	: B. Chen, Z. Zou
	Filename	: draft-zixuan-fecframe-source-mi-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
Per FEC Framework, FEC source packet carries source FEC payload ID for 
FEC protection of arbitrary packet flow. Source FEC payload ID will 
contain information identifying the source block and the position within 
the source block. However, in order to maintain backwards compatibility, 
this document enables the receiver to get this information without 
appending source FEC payload ID. This information is obtained using the 
combination of information provided in the FEC payload header and source 
FEC payload mapping information unit (MIU). Therefore, both non-FEC-
capable and FEC-capable receivers can work together in a multicast 
session. Two ways to signal the source block structure are defined, one 
for general procedure and anther for systematic procedure that the order 
of the packets in the source block is deterministic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zixuan-fecframe-source-mi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.