Subject: I-D Action:draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security architecture for Mobile IPv6 using TLS
	Author(s)       : J. Korhonen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2009-10-13

Mobile IPv6 signaling between the mobile node and home agent is
secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile node
and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The security
model specified for Mobile IPv6 requires interaction between the
Mobile IPv6 protocol module and the IKE/IPsec module of the IP stack.
Implementation and deployment concerns exist with such a security
architecture.  This document proposes an alternate security
framework, which relies on Transport Layer Security for establishing
keying material and obtaining bootstrapping parameters required for
protecting Mobile IPv6 signaling and data traffic between the mobile
node and home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.