Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment
	Author(s)       : F. Brockners, S. Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-10-26

Dual-Stack lite (DS-lite) has been proposed as an IPv4 to IPv6
transition technique.  Dual-stack lite allows a service provider to
migrate his network to IPv6, while still offering IPv4 services to
the customer.  The dual-stack lite solution uses an IPv4-over-IPv6
tunnel between a host (or access device) and a dual-stack lite
Carrier Grade NAT (CGN).  Several existing network architectures
(e.g. 3GPP, WiMAX, or PPP based broadband networks) already specify
dual-stack deployment and leverage tunneling schemes between the
access device and an access gateway in the provider network.
Applying the dual-stack lite concept to these networks will result in
changes to the end-system and unnecessary tunneling overhead.  This
draft describes a modified implementation of dual-stack lite where
existing access tunnels are extended beyond the access gateway to the
dual-stack lite CGN using softwires.  This evolved approach not only
applies to IPv6 networks but also includes support for IPv4 networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.