Subject: I-D Action:draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
	Author(s)       : M. Waehlisch, et al.
	Filename        : draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-10-26

Group communication services are most efficiently implemented on the
lowest layer available.  However, as the deployment status of
multicast distribution largely varies throughout the Intenet,
globally operational group solutions are frequently restricted to
using a stable, upper layer protocol controlled by the application
itself.  This document describes a common multicast API that serves
the requirements of data distribution and maintenance for multicast
and broadcast on a middleware abstraction layer, suitable for
transparent underlay and overlay communication.  It proposes and
discusses mapping mechanisms between different namespaces and
forwarding technologies.  Additionally, it describes the application
of this API at gateways operating between current multicast instances
throughout the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.