Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-compatibility-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : WSON Signal Characteristics and Network Element Compatibility Constraints for GMPLS
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-compatibility-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-10-07

While the current GMPLS WSON framework can deal with many types of
wavelength switching systems there is a desire to extend the control
plane to networks that include a combination of transparent optical
and hybrid electro optical systems such as OEO switches,
regenerators, and wavelength converters. Such networks are frequently
referred to as translucent optical networks in the literature. Some
of the systems use in such networks can be limited to processing WSON
signals with specific characteristics or attributes. In addition,
some of the network elements may be able to perform important
optional processing functions such as regeneration on a signal and
would need to be provisioned as part of optical path establishment.

This document provides a WSON signal definition and attributes
characterization based on ITU-T interface and signal class standards
and describes the signal compatibility constraints of this extended
set of network elements. The signal characterization, network element
compatibility constraints and enhanced provisioning support enable
GMPLS routing and signaling to control these devices and PCE to
compute optical light-paths subject to signal compatibility
attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-compatibility-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.