Subject: I-D Action:draft-abade-xcast20-routing-engine-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 22:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Design and Implementation of an XCAST6 Routing Engine
	Author(s)       : E. header, N. Kawaguchi
	Filename        : draft-abade-xcast20-routing-engine-spec-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-10-18

XCAST6 (Explicit Multiunicast on IPv6) is a new protocol defined in
RFC 5058. In XCAST, the list of destinations is explicitly encoded
within the data packets instead of using a multicast group address.
Research is currently ongoing on two versions of XCAST6 and this
document describes the design and implementation of a routing engine
for the new version in which the use of hop-by-hop options header has
been eliminated. This draft explains why there is a need for an
XCAST6 routing engine, highlights the requirements for its
implementation, the design process and how to eventually implement
the routing engine to allow for deployment of XCAST6 protocol.

Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in
this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119
[RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abade-xcast20-routing-engine-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.