Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Time Protocol Version 4 Protocol And Algorithms Specification
	Author(s)	: W. Kasch, D. Mills, J. Burbank
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-13.txt
	Pages		: 112
	Date		: 2009-10-9
	
The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is widely used to synchronize
   computer clocks in the Internet.  This document describes NTP Version
   4 (NTPv4), which is backwards compatible with NTP Version 3 (NTPv3)
   described in RFC 1305, as well as previous versions of the protocol.
   NTPv4 includes a modified protocol header to accommodate the Internet
   Protocol Version 6 address family.  NTPv4 includes fundamental
   improvements in the mitigation and discipline algorithms which extend
   the potential accuracy to the tens of microseconds with modern
   workstations and fast LANs.  It includes a dynamic server discovery
   scheme, so that in many cases specific server configuration is not
   required.  It corrects certain errors in the NTPv3 design and
   implementation and includes an optional extension mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.