Subject: I-D Action:draft-winterbottom-dime-param-query-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter Parameter Query
	Author(s)       : J. Winterbottom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-winterbottom-dime-param-query-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-26

In an emergency services environment a Location Information Server
(LIS) receives requests from end hosts, SIP proxies or Public Safety
Answering Points (PSAPs).  When receiving these requests a LIS has to
perform a location determination procedure that depends on the
specific network deployment.  In any case, an interation with other
network elements is needed, particularly with AAA servers, that store
information about the current attachment of the end host.

This document descirbes a Diameter application, called Diameter
Parameter Query, which allows a Location Information Server to
interact with a Diameter server to obtain information needed for the
location determination procedure.  The style of the described
Diameter application offers flexibility for different deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-dime-param-query-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.