Subject: I-D Action:draft-boucadair-ospf-v4v6-ospfv3-mi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4-mapped IPv6 Instance IDs in OSPFv3
	Author(s)       : M. Boucadair, et al.
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-ospf-v4v6-ospfv3-mi-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-10-20

This memo defines two new Instance Identifiers (Instance IDs) in
OSPFv3 [RFC2740]).  These new Instance IDs [I-D.ietf-ospf-af-alt] are
meant to instantiate distinct OSPFv3 instances to convey routing
information which is specific to IPv4-mapped IPv6 address Address
Family [I-D.ietf-behave-address-format].  The goal of running
separate instances for IPv4-mapped IPv6 is to distinguish the native
IPv6 routing topology from the IPv4 routing topology.  Separate
instances are also meant to prevent any overload of the native IPv6
routing tables by IPv4-mapped IPv6 routes.  This isolation is
motivated also from an operational perspective to enforce specific
routing policies for each topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-ospf-v4v6-ospfv3-mi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.