Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Datagram Transport Layer Security for Stream Control Transmission Protocol
	Author(s)       : M. Tuexen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-10-25

This document describes the usage of the Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) protocol over the Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP).

The user of DTLS over SCTP can take advantage of most of the features
provided by SCTP and its extensions, especially support of

o  multi-homing to provide network level fault tolerance.

o  dynamic reconfiguration of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

o  multiple streams to avoid head of line blocking.

o  unordered delivery.

o  dynamic reconfiguration of streams.

o  partially reliable data transfer.

However, the DTLS maximum user message size limit of 2^14 bytes
applies also to DTLS over SCTP.  Since DTLS over SCTP uses the SCTP-
AUTH extension, the DTLS user can not manage the keying material,
since this is done by the DTLS layer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.