Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-d-sec-udt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Security Requirements for  UDT
	Author(s)	: D. Bernardo, D. Hoang
	Filename	: draft-d-sec-udt-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2009-9-29
	
UDT does not have its specific security mechanism. It depends 
   on the application to provide authentication and lower layer to 
   provide security mechanisms[GG07]. However, UDT implementations     
   should check each arrived packets are from the expected source, 
   since UDP is connectionless. 

   This document proposes evaluation of security requirements for UDT, 
   or UDP based Data Transfer considered as an alternative data transfer 
   protocol for the situation when TCP does  not work well.The objective
   is to achieve a wide  class of security methods used on existing mature protocols such as UDP and TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-d-sec-udt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.