Subject: I-D Action:draft-chu-ldap-kdc-schema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An LDAP Schema for Kerberos KDC Information
	Author(s)       : H. Chu
	Filename        : draft-chu-ldap-kdc-schema-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2009-10-15

This document describes an LDAP [RFC4511] schema for implementing the
Kerberos 5 [RFC4120] KDC Information Model
[I-D.ietf-krb-wg-kdc-model].  It also defines additional elements
which are not covered by the Information Model, but are already in
common use.1.  Background and Motivation

Both Kerberos and LDAP are frequently used separately for distributed
authentication.  They can also be used in combination, but typically
their user databases remained separate.  This distinction in
databases causes unnecessary duplication of data and administration
overhead.  As such it is desirable for both systems to share a single
database.  Since the LDAP data model is more general it is most
appropriate to store the Kerberos data in LDAP.

A number of Kerberos implementations already have support for using
LDAP as their KDC backing store.  However, each implementation uses
its own schema, and the multiple schemas are mutually incompatible.
For the sake of interoperability and administrative ease, it is
important to define a single standard schema that can be used
uniformly by all Kerberos KDC implementations and interoperates with
existing LDAP specifications.2.  General Issues

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chu-ldap-kdc-schema-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.