Subject: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant-binding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Fast Handoff using Dormant Bindings in PMIPv6
	Author(s)       : M. Jeyatharan, C. Ng
	Filename        : draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant-binding-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-15

A multiple interfaced mobile node (MN) may be connected to Proxy
Mobile Internet Protocol version 6 (PMIPv6) domain via a stable
access connection (e.g. cellular) and an unstable access connection
(e.g.  IEEE 802.11).  To eliminate packet loss and handoff delay due
to disconnection of the unstable access, a dormant binding method is
proposed access such that a binding is maintained in dormant mode in
the network until the mobile node is disconnected from the unstable
access.  Once activated, the binding allows the network to route data
packets intended for the unstable access via the stable access
connection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant-binding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.