Subject: I-D Action:draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 01:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Server Selection on Multi-Homed Hosts
	Author(s)       : T. Savolainen
	Filename        : draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-10-20

A multi-homed host may receive DNS server configuration information
from multiple physical and/or virtual network interfaces.  In split
DNS scenarios not all DNS servers are able to provide the same
information.  When the multi-homed host needs to utilize DNS, it has
to select which of the servers to contact to.  This document
describes problems of split DNS for multi-homed hosts and also a
method for selecting the DNS server with help of DNS suffix
information received dynamically for each network interface.  The
method is useful in split DNS scenarios where private names are used
and where correct DNS server selection is mandatory for successful
DNS resolution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.