Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPF Multi-Instance Extensions
	Author(s)       : A. Lindem, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-10-05

OSPFv3 includes a mechanism for supporting multiple instances on the
same link.  OSPFv2 could benefit from such a mechanism in order to
support multiple routing domains on the same subnet.  The OSPFv2
instance ID is reserved for support of separate OSPFv2 protocol
instances.  This is different from OSPFv3 where it could be used for
other purposes such as putting the same link in multiple areas.
OSPFv2 supports this capability using a separate subnet or the OSPF
multi-area adjacency capability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.