Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-v6ops-v6app-v4server-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Building IPv6 Applications which Access IPv4 Servers
	Author(s)       : D. Wing
	Filename        : draft-wing-v6ops-v6app-v4server-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-10-26

When an application runs on a host or network that only supports IPv6
("IPv6-only"), it is sometimes necessary that the application
communicate with IPv4 peers.  When that communication involves DNS,
DNS64 and a 6/4 translator works well without any changes to most
applications.  However, when that communication does not involve DNS,
it can require additional features be configured on or programmed
into the IPv6 application.  This document explains why this
functionality is important and describes mechanisms for applications
to provide such functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-v6ops-v6app-v4server-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.