Subject: I-D Action:draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Six/One: A Solution for Routing and Addressing in IPv6
	Author(s)       : C. Vogt
	Filename        : draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2009-10-26

There is heightened concern about the growth of the global routing
table and the increased frequency of routing table updates.  Both is
due to the use of provider-independent addressing space in edge
networks, which accommodates operators' desire to move traffic
quickly and easily from one provider to another.  The main recent
proposals attempt to solve this problem by hiding provider-
independent addressing space through a level of indirection.
Unfortunately, indirection requires a non-trivial distribution of
address translation information across the Internet.  This is either
slow, or costly in terms of signaling overhead, or both.  Security
and transitionability are further issues.  This document proposes an
alternative solution, which is based on a single, provider-dependent
addressing space and hence avoids the problems of indirection.  The
solution meets the objectives of edge network operators while
limiting the size of the routing table and its update frequency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.