Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-aplusp-dsmip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A+P for Dual-Stack Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-aplusp-dsmip-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-10-08

This memo describes how to use IPv6 Port Range transition technique
in mobile networks for Dual-Stack Mobile IPv6 (DSMIPv6).  Using the
client based DSMIPv6, a mobile node (MN) which is a dual-stack node
can be assigned with a shared IPv4 Home Address (HA) together with a
port range from the home agent.  HA is co-located with Port Range
Router (PRR).  IPv4-in-IPv6 encapsulation is used to convey IPv4
traffic between the network and the mobile node (MN).  HA, acting as
PRR receives incoming IPv4 datagrams and determines the routing
identifier (IPv6 address) to use to forward the traffic to the
appropriate MN among those sharing the same IPv4 address.  In the
binding mode, HA finds the binding cache entry for this MN and then
encapsulates the IPv4 datagram in an IPv6 one and forwards the
encapsulated datagram to MN.  The stateless mode is also described.
Within this memo, Mobile network could be WiMAX network or 3GPP Long
Term Evolution (LTE) network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-aplusp-dsmip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.