Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Proactive Connection Verification, Continuity Check and Remote Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile
	Author(s)	: A. Fulignoli, S. Boutros, M. Vigoureux
	Filename	: draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
Continuity Check (CC), Proactive Connectivity Verification (CV) and 
   Remote Defect Indication (RDI) functionalities are MPLS-TP OAM 
   requirements listed in [3]. 
    
   Continuity Check monitors the integrity of the continuity of the path 
   for any loss of continuity defect. Connectivity verification monitors 
   the integrity of the routing of the path between sink and source for 
   any connectivity issues. RDI enables an End Point to report, to its 
   associated End Point, a fault or defect condition that it detects on 
   a PW, LSP or Section. 
    
   It is RECOMMENDED that a protocol solution, meeting one or more 
   functional requirement(s), be the same for PWs, LSPs and Sections as 
   per [3]. 
    
   This document specifies methods for proactive CV, CC, and RDI for 
   MPLS-TP Label Switched Path (LSP), PWs and Sections using 
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.