Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment
	Author(s)       : F. Brockners, S. Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-10-13

Dual-Stack lite has been proposed as a IPv4 to IPv6 transition
technology.  Dual-stack lite allows a service provider to migrate his
network to IPv6, while still offering IPv4 services to the end
customer.  The dual-stack lite solution uses an IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel
between a host (or access device) and a dual-stack lite large scale
NAT.  Several existing network architectures (e.g. 3GPP, WiMAX, or
PPP based broadband networks) already specify dual-stack deployment
and leverage tunneling technology between the access device and an
access gateway in the provider network.  Applying the existing dual-
stack lite concept to these networks will result in changes to the
end-system and unnecessary tunneling overhead.  This draft describes
a modified implementation of dual-stack lite where existing access
tunnels are extended beyond the access gateway to the dual-stack lite
large scale NAT using softwires.  This evolved approach applies to
IPv4 as well as IPv6 networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.