Subject: I-D Action:draft-briscoe-re-pcn-border-cheat-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Emulating Border Flow Policing using Re-PCN on Bulk Data
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-re-pcn-border-cheat-03.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2009-10-26

Scaling per flow admission control to the Internet is a hard problem.
The approach of combining Diffserv and pre-congestion notification
(PCN) provides a service slightly better than Intserv controlled load
that scales to networks of any size without needing Diffserv's usual
overprovisioning, but only if domains trust each other to comply with
admission control and rate policing.  This memo claims to solve this
trust problem without losing scalability.  It provides a sufficient
emulation of per-flow policing at borders but with only passive bulk
metering rather than per-flow processing.  Measurements are
sufficient to apply penalties against cheating neighbour networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-re-pcn-border-cheat-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.