Subject: I-D Action:draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problems with the use of IPsec as the security protocol for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, et al.
	Filename        : draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-10-26

Mobile IPv6 as specified in RFC3775 relies on IPsec for securing the
signaling messages and user plane traffic between the mobile node and
home agent.  An IPsec SA between the mobile node and the home agent
provides security for the mobility signaling.  Use of IPsec for
securing the data traffic between the mobile node and home agent is
optional.  This document analyses the implications of the design
decision to mandate IPsec as the default security protocol for Mobile
IPv6 and consequently Dual-stack Mobile IPv6 and recommends
revisiting this decision in view of the experience gained from
implementation and adoption in other standards bodies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.