Subject: I-D Action:draft-tschofenig-conex-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Congestion Exposure Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, A. Cooper
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-conex-ps-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The increasingly ubiquitous availability of broadband, together with
flat-rate pricing, have made the use of new kinds of peer-to-peer
applications increasingly common.  From the perspective of the
Internet's evolution and its contributions to end user value, this is
very exciting.  However, the uptick in peer-to-peer application usage
has also contributed to the rise of "high-consuming users" who take
their flat-rate contracts to the limit by continuously file-sharing
to the maximum extent possible.  Network operators have responded to
this phenomenon in a number of different fashions.

This document discusses the problems created for operators by high-
consuming users and illustrates a number of techniques operators are
currently using to cope with high bandwidth usage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-conex-ps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.