Subject: I-D Action:draft-boucadair-isis-v4v6-mi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4-mapped IPv6 Instance IDs in IS-IS
	Author(s)       : M. Boucadair, et al.
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-isis-v4v6-mi-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-10-20

This memo defines two new Instance Identifiers (Instance IDs) in
IS-IS [RFC1195]).  These new Instance IDs [I-D.ietf-isis-mi] are
meant to instantiate distinct IS-IS instances to convey routing
information which is restricted to IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses
[I-D.ietf-behave-address-format].  The ultimate goal of running
separate instances for IPv4-mapped IPv6 routes is to isolate the IPv6
routing table from the IPv4 routing table, and to avoid any overload
due to the population of the table by IPv4-mapped IPv6 routes.  This
isolation is motivated also from an operational perspective to allow
the enforcement of specific routing policies for each topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-isis-v4v6-mi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.