Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Third-Party Authorization Label
	Author(s)       : D. Otis
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-10-08

TPA-Label is a DNS-based prefix mechanism for DKIM policy related
records as a means to authorize Third-Party domains, such as mailing-
lists.  This mechanism allows first-party domains to autonomously
authorize a range of third-party domains using scalable, individual
DNS transactions.  This authorization extends the scope of DKIM
policy assertions as a means to supplant more difficult to administer
mechanisms.  Alternatives for facilitating third-party authorizations
currently necessitate the coordination between two or more domains to
synchronously set up selector/key DNS records, DNS zone delegations,
and/or the regular exchange of public/private keys.

Checking DKIM policies may occur when a From header email-address is
not within the domain of a valid DKIM signature.  When a Third-Party
signature is found, TPA-Label transactions offer an efficient means
for Author Domains to authorize specific third-party signing domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.