Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cui-softwire-pet64-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: PET for IPv6 to IPv4 communication
	Author(s)	: Y. Cui, M. Xu, S. Wang, X. Li, J. Wu
	Filename	: draft-cui-softwire-pet64-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2009-10-19
	
   This draft offers a solution using PET for the scenario that an IPv6-
   only client initiates a communication to an IPv4-only server through
   IPv6 backbone.  In this communication scenario,translation is needed.
   However, translation work has requirements on the performance
   (hardware or software) of PET and the size of network that the PET is
   charge for.  This draft introduces the concept of translation
   preference to express the PET's willing of performing translation
   according to some policies the network administrators constitute.
   Through exchanging the Translation preference among PETs, PET
   framework can decide which PET should act as a translator.  In
   addition, this draft also gives how the PET collaborates with DNS to
   solve the IPv6-to-IPv4 communication problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-pet64-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.