Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Preamble Acquisition of MPEG-TS Multicast Sessions
	Author(s)       : F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-10-18

MPEG2-TS is a container format that describes the schema of the
audio, video content and the in-band control information.  The format
information called MPEG2-TS preamble must be acquired before a RTP
receiver processed any data received in MPEG2-TS.  In this document,
a Retransmission Server is specified to deliver MPEG2-TS preamble
prior to unicast RTP packets.  The Retransmission Server caches raw
RTP packets with MPEG2-TS preamble information, and sends them to the
RTP receiver which initiates rapid acquisition of MPEG2-TS multicast
sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.