Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-avt-rtp-improved-rams-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 01:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improved Rapid Acquisition of Multicast Sessions
	Author(s)       : J. Dai, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wang-avt-rtp-improved-rams-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-10-26

This document describes two improvements to unicast based rapid 
acquisition of multicast RTP sessions (RAMS) described in [I-
D.ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp].  One improved method allows 
a receiver to simultaneously request a unicast burst stream and 
join the multicast group, and then select one of the two streams to 
be first processed. Another method proposes to optionally convey a 
parameter called unicast backspace in the RAMS-I message. This 
parameter can be used by RR to determine when to join the primary 
multicast session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-avt-rtp-improved-rams-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.