Subject: I-D Action:draft-li-dnsext-ipv4-ipv6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Extensions to Support IPv4 and IPv6
	Author(s)       : L. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-li-dnsext-ipv4-ipv6-02.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2009-10-26

In the DNS architecture, two kinds of record types for maintaining
host's IP addresses are supported: one is A type which records IPv4
and AAAA for IPv6 addresses. This document defines a new TYPE, which
is mainly used in queries in order to get both IPv4 and IPv6
addresses. The main advantage is to avoid sending several requests
in order to resolve the location of a given resource. A single
request may be sufficient. The proposed solution does not require
the definition of any new record type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-dnsext-ipv4-ipv6-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.