Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-evolution-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Evolution Towards Global Routing Scalability
	Author(s)	: B. Zhang, L. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-zhang-evolution-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
Internet routing scalability has long been considered a serious
   problem.  Although many efforts have been devoted to address this
   problem over the years, the IETF community as a whole is yet to
   achieve a shared understanding on what is the best way forward.  In
   this draft, we step up a level to re-examine the problem and the
   ongoing efforts. we conclude that, to effectively solve the routing
   scalability problem, we first need a clear understanding on how to
   introduce solutions to the Internet which is a global scale deployed
   system.  In this draft we sketch out our reasoning on the need for an
   evolutionary path towards scaling the global routing system, instead
   of attempting to introduce a brand new design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-evolution-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.