Subject: I-D Action:draft-sadler-ccamp-rsvp-mt-bundled-links-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiplier (MT) support over Bundled Links in RSVP-TE
	Author(s)       : J. Sadler, Z. Shen
	Filename        : draft-sadler-ccamp-rsvp-mt-bundled-links-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-10-19

When operating a multi-domain network, it is quite common for a 
domain to have a number of border-nodes that end up with a large 
number of connections between them using the same path.  While 
support for LSP stitching has removed the need to maintain the data 
associated with each end-to-end session (e.g. Sender Template and 
Session object data) within the domain, the mechanisms used by GMPLS 
RSVP-TE to support out-of-band signaling still force individual 
sessions to be used between the border nodes for each connection. 
This has a negative impact on intermediate nodes, as it increases 
the amount of RSVP processing and memory required. 
 
This document details a method for GMPLS RSVP-TE to use a common 
session for an edge-to-edge LSP supporting multiple data-plane 
connections between border nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sadler-ccamp-rsvp-mt-bundled-links-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.