Subject: I-D Action:draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-access-permissions-check-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : pNFS Access Permissions Check
	Author(s)       : S. Faibish, et al.
	Filename        : draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-access-permissions-check-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-18

This document describe an extension to pNFS protocol addressing a gap
related to the access permission checks to data servers used by the
MDS in layouts sent to the clients. The draft addresses both the
client access permission checks as well as the MDS access permissions
to the data servers. The draft will address new errors related to
access permission denial to devices included in valid pNFS layouts.
The draft will also address the case when clients request direct NFS
access to the MDS and the MDS has no permission to access some of the
data servers included in valid layouts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-access-permissions-check-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.