Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-mip4-authreqd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Authentication Mandate for All Registration Reply Messages
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-perkins-mip4-authreqd-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2009-10-12
	
   Some implementations of Mobile IP home agents have been observed to
   supply zero authentication data when sending a Registration Reply to
   the mobile node that contains rejection code 131 (Mobile Node Failed
   Authentication).  This creates a vulnerability whereby a mobile node
   could be denied service from its home agent, and thus lose
   connectivity to the Internet even though mobile node and home agent
   were otherwise functioning properly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-mip4-authreqd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.