Subject: I-D Action:draft-trung-netext-virtual-interface-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual interface for supporting multihoming and inter technology handover
	Author(s)       : T. Trung, Y. Hong
	Filename        : draft-trung-netext-virtual-interface-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The Proxy Mobile IPv6 supports a mobile node to perform inter-
technology handover as well as multihoming.  However the inter-
technology handover requires the new interface to use the same
network prefix with the old one and all the IP address/prefix at the
old interface are removed.  These requirements disable multihoming
function which requires different network prefixes for different
interfaces.  In this Internet draft we address this problem and
suggest the necessary changes in PMIPv6 operations to support a
mobile node to perform multihoming as well as seamless inter
technology handover with virtual interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trung-netext-virtual-interface-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.