Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-07.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2009-10-26

This document specifies an extension of Neighbor Discovery for
6LoWPAN.  The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over energy and
bandwidth constrained wireless networks often making use of multihop
topologies.  However, the use of classic IPv6 Neighbor Discovery with
6LoWPAN has several problems.  Classic Neighbor Discovery was not
designed for non-transitive wireless links, and the traditional IPv6
link concept and heavy use of multicast makes it unpractical.  This
document specifies an ND mechanism both sufficient for minimal for
LoWPAN operation which optimizes Neighbor Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.