Subject: I-D Action:draft-yao-dnsop-idntld-implementation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:30:22 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IDN TLD Variants Implementation Guideline
	Author(s)       : J. Yao, X. Lee
	Filename        : draft-yao-dnsop-idntld-implementation-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-10-21

ICANN is pushing the IDN TLD into the root server.  Some IDN TLD has
the variants.  Currently, there are two proposals to implement the
IDN TLD variants in the root servers:1, implement it with the DNAME
record; 2, implement it with NS record.  The IDN TLD variants may be
reserved or activated.  If the IDN TLD variants are activated, these
variants will be allocated to the same TLD manager in order to avoid
the possible phishing problems.  How to deal with the IDN TLD variant
issue is a big challenge ahead of us.  This document discusses the
IDN TLD variants implementation issues related with DNAME and NS
resource record way.  This memo also gives a proposal about how to
avoid the possible phishing problem after putting the IDN TLD
variants into the root.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-dnsop-idntld-implementation-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.