Subject: I-D Action:draft-ford-mptcp-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Architectural Guidelines for Multipath TCP Development
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ford-mptcp-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-10-19

Often endpoints are connected by multiple paths, but the nature of
TCP/IP restricts communications to a single path per socket.
Resource usage within the network would be more efficient were these
multiple paths able to be used concurrently.  This should enhance
user experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
network failure.

This document outlines architectural guidelines for the development
of a Multipath Transport Protocol, with references to how these
architectural components come together in the Multipath TCP (MPTCP)
protocol.  This document also contains suggestions for functional
separation within an implementation, maximising the flexibility that
can be achieved with these architectural components.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-mptcp-architecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.