Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-urien-kiennert-emu-bio-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: EAP BIO
	Author(s)	: P. Urien, C. Kiennert
	Filename	: draft-urien-kiennert-emu-bio-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2009-10-15
	
   EAP-TTLS is an EAP method that provides secured authentication as 
   described in RFC 5281. This method makes generally use of two phases 
   in order to complete authentication. The first one consists in the 
   authentication of the TTLS server to the client, established by a 
   TLS handshake between the client and the TTLS server. The handshake 
   may be either mutual or one-way. The authentication of the client to 
   the server may then be negotiated during phase two of EAP-TTLS, 
   thanks to widely-deployed authentication mechanisms such as CHAP, 
   PAP, MS-CHAP or MS-CHAP-V2. 
    
   The purpose of EAP-BIO is to define how to use a biometric 
   authentication mechanism during phase two of EAP-TTLS. This 
   authentication mechanism ranges from physiological characteristics 
   such as fingerprint identification, to behavioral characteristics 
   such as voice or signature analysis. Hence, EAP-BIO combines the 
   security features of EAP-TTLS and biometric authentication.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-urien-kiennert-emu-bio-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.