Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network configuration problem statement
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou (Ting ZOU)
	Filename        : draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-18

In LTE (Long Term Evolution) bearer network, there will be a large
number of network elements and service tunnels which will bring a lot
of configuration work. The cost will be very high if all these work
is performed manually.

In order to reduce the workload of configuration to minimum, the
following questions should be considered:

o How to establish the DCN (Data Communication Network) connections

automatically to avoid making configuration locally?

o How to establish the DCN connections automatically between

different vendors' network elements or how to pass through

different service providers' network?

o How to get network element and link information of the real

network based on the information from network planning?

o How to generate configuration scripts to setup network and service

links automatically in order to reduce configuration design

workload.

LTE is a typical scenario which involves large number of network
elements and service tunnels. Other scenarios like IPTV may also have
network configuration problems discussed in this document.

This document discusses problems related to lightening network
configuration workload and better transmission tunnel setup between
network elements and NMS (Network Management System).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.