Subject: I-D Action:draft-loreto-design-space-bidirectional-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Design Space for Bidirectional protocols
	Author(s)       : S. Loreto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-loreto-design-space-bidirectional-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-19

As technologies that enable bidirectional communication over HTTP
have become more pervasive, interest has grown in (1) defining
improved mechanisms for support of existing technologies (short-term
solutions such as new HTTP headers) and (2) laying the foundation for
development of new bidirectional protocols (long-term solutions such
as WebSocket, Bidirectional Web Transfer Protocol, and Reverse HTTP).
In order to provide context for such work, this document provides a
first tentative map of the design space for bidirectional HTTP, with
special attention to deployed infrastructure (e.g. web clients,
intermediaries, firewalls, NATs, web servers) and programming
environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-design-space-bidirectional-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.