Subject: I-D Action:draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual Network Management Information Model
	Author(s)       : H. Okita, M. Yoshizawa
	Filename        : draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-10-20

Virtual switches on server virtualization platforms cause a problem
in managing data center networks containing several hundred switches.
Accordingly, a management information model for the network structure
of data center networks containing virtual switches is proposed.  The
proposed model consists of a physical layer (which represents
connections between physical switches) and a virtual layer (which
represents connections between virtual switches).  These layers also
represent the association of the virtual switch with the
corresponding physical switch.  The model shortens the virtual LAN
(VLAN) configuration time taken by operators of data center networks
by a maximum of 35%.  This result shows that the proposed model is
effective in reducing the management time of data center networks
containing virtual switches.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.