Subject: I-D Action:draft-frejborg-hipv4-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 02:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
	Author(s)       : P. Frejborg
	Filename        : draft-frejborg-hipv4-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2009-10-20

This draft describes a framework how the current IPv4 address
structure can be extended towards a similar hierarchical numbering
structure as used in the Public Switched Telephone Network and bring
a new level of hierarchy to the routing architecture of Internet. The
hierarchical IPv4 framework is backwards compatible with the current
IPv4 framework; it will also discuss a method to decouple the
location and identifier functions, future applications can make use
of the separation. The framework requires extensions to the existing
Domain Name System architecture, the existing IPv4 stack of the
endpoints and to routers in the Internet. The framework can be
implemented incrementally to the endpoints, databases, and routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.