Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Third-Party Authorization Label
	Author(s)       : D. Otis, D. Black
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2009-10-20

A third party authorization label (TPA-Label) is a DNS-based prefix
for DKIM ADSP records that acts as a scheme for domains to authorize
acceptable third-party signatures for messages containing their
domain within the From header.  This scheme allows Author Domains to
autonomously authorize a range of third-party domains using scalable,
individual DNS transactions.  This authorization extends the scope of
DKIM signing practice assertions as a means to supplant more
difficult to administer schemes.  Alternatives for facilitating
third-party authorizations currently necessitate the coordination
between two or more domains to synchronously set up selector/key DNS
records, DNS zone delegations, and/or the regular exchange of public/
private keys.

Checking TPA-Label Resource Records for signing practices may occur
when an Author Domain Signature is missing or is invalid and a Third
Party Signature exists.  When a third-party signature is found, TPA-
Label Resource Record transactions offer an efficient means for
Author Domains to authorize specific third-party signing domains and
for recipients to determine whether an authorization exists.  The
TPA-Label Resource Record scheme reduces reliance upon email source
reputation that is often based upon an IP address rather than the
domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.