Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-avt-rams-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for RAMS Scenarios
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-begen-avt-rams-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-10-01

The Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) solution is a
method based on RTP and RTCP protocol family that enables an RTP
receiver to rapidly acquire and start usefully consuming the RTP
multicast data.  Upon a request from the RTP receiver, an auxiliary
unicast RTP retransmission session is set up between a retransmission
server and the RTP receiver, over which the reference information
about the new multicast stream the RTP receiver is about to join is
transmitted at an accelerated pace.  This often precedes, but may
also accompany, the multicast stream itself.  When there is only one
multicast stream to be acquired, the RAMS solution works in a
straightforward manner.  However, when there are two or more
multicast streams to be acquired from the same or different multicast
RTP sessions, care should be taken to configure each RAMS
appropriately.  This document provides example scenarios and make
practical recommendations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avt-rams-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.