Subject: I-D Action:draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SDP Local Identifier
	Author(s)       : M. Schmidt, et al.
	Filename        : draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-10-19

Dynamic Policy Controllers like resource and admission control
systems need to be able to locate media receivers in each segment of
the network to determine the path of the media flows prior to
allowing or rejecting the session setup.  Current definitions of SDP
are not clear about conveying a local identifier (e.g. private IP
address) of the client that is destined to receive media streams
after successful SDP negotiation.  In this draft we explain the need
for carrying such information over SDP and discuss a set of possible
solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.