Subject: I-D Action:draft-liman-tld-names-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Top Level Domain Name Specification
	Author(s)       : L. Liman
	Filename        : draft-liman-tld-names-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The precise syntax allowed in top-level domain name labels has been
the subject to some debate.  RFC 1123, for example, makes the
statement that top-level domain names are "alphabetic".  This
document updates the definition of allowable top-level domain names
in order to support internationalized domain names (IDNs), as encoded
by the IDNA protocols.  This document focuses narrowly on the issue
of IDNs and does not make any other changes or clarifications to
existing domain name syntax rules.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liman-tld-names-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.