Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-vrrp-svrrp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 01:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Slave Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (SVRRP)
	Author(s)       : H. Building, D. Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-vrrp-svrrp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-19

Zhang.

Expires April 19, 2010

  [page 1] 

 Internet-Draft Management Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol October
2009 

 In this document, we propose a simplified VRRP protocol called the 
 Slave Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (SVRRP).The design 
 objective of SVRRP is to specify an election protocol that 
 dynamically assigns responsibility for a virtual router to one of 
 the SVRRP routers on a LAN, which is exactly as same as that of VRRP. 
 However, SVRRP executions do not exchange signaling packets and need 
 the assistance of VRRP to perform their functionality appropriately. 
 This approach can be used to improve the efficiency of VRRP routers 
 in certain scenarios.  

 Conventions used in this document 

 The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
 "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
 document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-vrrp-svrrp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.