Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-10-22

This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of wavelength switched optical 
networks (WSON).  Such extensions are necessary in WSONs under a number 
of conditions including: (a) when optional processing, such as 
regeneration, must be indicated to occur at specific nodes along a path, 
(b) where equipment must be configured to accept an optical signal with 
specific attributes, or (c) where equipment must be configured to output 
an optical signal with specific attributes. In addition this memo 
provides mechanisms to support distributed wavelength assignment in 
bidirectional LSP, and choice in distributed wavelength assignment 
algorithms. These extensions build on previous work for the control of 
lambda and G.709 based networks. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.