Subject: I-D Action:draft-sturek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 06:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Smart Energy Requiements for 6LowApp
	Author(s)       : D. Sturek, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sturek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-10-19

The new Smart Energy (SE) Version 2 (SE 2) is aimed at providing end-
to-end connectivity between energy providers, energy consumers, and
their respective equipment.  This effort has been recognized as part
of the Smart Grid roadmap by the US National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST).  Whereas SE 1 was based on a proprietary
ZigBee stack, SE 2 will is based on IPv6 with support for IEEE
802.15.4, HomePlug and use across the Internet.  The work in 6LowApp
on application protocols and commissioning is an important component
of SE 2.  This document introduces SE 2 along with requirements
identified for 6LowApp and considerations for future work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sturek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.