Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-softwire-mesh-sam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) - Mesh Softwires without e-BGP
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-mesh-sam-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2009-10-26

SAM is a generic and simple mechanism for packets having addresses in
a family IPvX to traverse routing domains where this address family
is not directly routed.
SAM topological scenarios are those of Mesh Softwire, i.e. with point
to multipoint tunnels between border nodes of interior routing
domains.  In the mesh-softwire context, SAM differs from RFC 5565 in
that SAM uses no protocol between border nodes of the domain, and in
that customer border nodes don't need to maintain states for all
other border nodes.  (RFC 5565 is based on an Exterior Border-Gateway
Protocol e-BGP between border nodes, with dynamic routing tables to
be maintained in all of them).  SAM's address mappings are stateless,
based on only a few domain parameters.  SAM is thus suitable to small
to medium enterprises, and small to medium ISPs, that cannot afford
e-BGP in all their border nodes.  All combinations of IPv4 and IPv6,
global or private, are supported.  Also, to mitigate consequences of
the IPv4 address shortage, SAM supports port-extended IPv4 addresses
(A+P).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-mesh-sam-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.