Subject: I-D Action:draft-defeche-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Measuring IPv6 Traffic in BitTorrent Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Defeche, E. Vyncke
	Filename        : draft-defeche-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-10-18

This document summarizes a University thesis which aims to measure
the evolution over time of IPv6 traffic, to analyze the geographical
distribution of IPv6 nodes and to compare the two Internet Protocol
versions on many different criteria (RTT, latency, MTU).  The
measurements were done during the Summer 2009 using a specific-
purpose program which connects to the BitTorrent peer-to-peer
network.

The study was made in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) networks because they are
responsible for most Internet traffic and because their structure and
functioning permit a rapid discovery of a large number of nodes from
all over the world.  In addition, the P2P users are more likely to be
interested by IPv6 as IPv6 does not have the same NAT problems as
IPv4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-defeche-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.