Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mif-api-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Socket API Extension for Multiple Connection Support
	Author(s)       : D. Liu, Z. Cao
	Filename        : draft-liu-mif-api-extension-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-19

The Socket API is the de facto standard of network API for many UNIX-
like and non-UNIX OSes. Many APIs that are exported to the user space is
either direct use or encapsulates the Socket API. The Socket API has
been extended to support IPv6. Recently, multiple interfaces or multiple
connection capable devices become more and more common. But due to the
limitation of the default route of the host and other issues such as DNS
selection etc prevent the utilization of multiple interfaces/connections
benefit. Moreover, there is no API level support for the application
developer to utilize the benefit of the host's multiple
interfaces/connections. Starting with the requirement of MIF API
extension, this document introduces a new set of APIs to support
multiple interfaces/connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mif-api-extension-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.