Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPMR Speech Codec
	Author(s)	: V. Sviridenko, D. Yudin
	Filename	: draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2009-10-1
	
   This document describes IPMR, a scalable variable adaptive multi-
   rate speech and audio codec designed for use in IP based networks. 
   This codec is suitable for real time communications such as 
   telephony, voice&video conferencing.Four different sampling 
   frequencies are supported for encoding the audio input signal.
   Adaptation to network characteristics is provided through control of 
   bitrate, packet rate, packet loss resilience and use of discontinuous
   transmission (DTX). 
   IP-MR support different profiles for input signal content which 
   should be specified during codec initialization. It can be in Speech, 
   Audio or Auto-detection mode. In Auto-detection mode codec recognizes
   type of input content automatically and switch to appropriate Speech 
   or Audio mode automatically.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.