Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework of Media-Independent Pre-Authentication (MPA) for Inter- domain Handover Optimization
	Author(s)       : A. Dutta, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2009-10-26

This document describes a framework of Media-independent Pre-
Authentication (MPA), a new handover optimization mechanism that
addresses the issues on existing mobility management protocols and
mobility optimization mechanisms to support inter-domain handover.
MPA is a mobile-assisted, secure handover optimization scheme that
works over any link-layer and with any mobility management protocol
and is best applicable to support optimization during inter-domain
handover.  MPA's pre-authentication, pre-configuration, and proactive
handover techniques allow many of the handoff related operations to
take place before the mobile has moved to the new network.  We
describe the details of all the associated techniques and present the
experimental results from the scenarios involving both inter-
technology and intra-technology handoff.

This document is a product of the IP Mobility Optimizations (MobOpts)
Research Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.