Subject: I-D Action:draft-tschofenig-conex-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Congestion Exposure Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, A. Cooper
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-conex-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-10-19

The availability of broadband connections together with flat-rate
pricing has made new types of peer-to-peer applications possible.
>From an Internet evolution and end user value point of view this is
very exciting.  As a consequence, an increase of user-to-user traffic
was observable all around the world over the last few years.  With
the usage of p2p systems the observation can be made that a certain
group of users, called high-consuming users, decided to use their
flat-rate contract excessively.  This in turn seems to have caused
network operators to take actions.

This document illustrates a couple of techniques used by operators
today to deal with excessive bandwidth usage.  More information can
improve the decision making process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-conex-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.