Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DHCPv4 Leasequery by relay agent remote ID
	Author(s)	: P. Kurapati, D. Rao, B. Joshi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-03.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
Some Relay Agents extract lease information from the DHCP message
   exchanged between the client and DHCP server.  This lease information
   is used by relay agents for various purposes like antispoofing,
   prevention of flooding.  RFC 4388 defines a mechanism for relay
   agents to retrieve the lease information from the DHCP server as and
   when this information is lost.  Existing leasequery mechanism is data
   driven which means that a relay agent can initiate the leasequery
   only when it starts receiving data from/to the clients.  In certain
   scenarios, this model is not scalable.  This document first looks at
   issues in existing mechanism and then proposes a new query type,
   query by remote ID, to address these issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.