Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-behave-ftp64-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 IPv4 translation FTP considerations
	Author(s)       : D. Liu, Z. Cao
	Filename        : draft-liu-behave-ftp64-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The File transfer protocol, which is defined by the RFC 959, has a
long history, but still widely used today. The original version of
FTP specification defines IPv4 FTP which means it assumes the IP
version is IPv4. RFC 2428 defines IPv6 extensions of FTP, introducing
EPRT and EPSV command.

In the IPv6-IPv4 translation scenario, considerations should be
applied to FTP client, server and translation box to ensure FTP
protocol work properly. This document gives guidelines for the FTP
client, server and the translation box to ensue FTP working properly
in the IPv4-IPv6 transition scenario.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-behave-ftp64-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.