Subject: I-D Action:draft-jen-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Understand Mapping
	Author(s)       : D. Jen, L. Zhang
	Filename        : draft-jen-mapping-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-10-19

This draft discusses the different requirements that mapping to
support mobility has versus mapping to support routing scalability.
In mobility solutions, packets are forwarded to the location where
mapping information is stored so that they can be encapsulated to the
final destination.  In routing scalability solutions, mapping
information needs to be available at packet entry points to the
network.  Attempts to use one mapping system for both purposes can
lead to high overhead in either mapping information distribution or
otherwise mapping information discovery, as well as stale mapping
information being used for data forwarding.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jen-mapping-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.