Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ono-cross-media-relations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Using Cross-Media Relations to Reduce False Positives during SPIT Filtering
	Author(s)	: K. Ono, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ono-cross-media-relations-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2009-10-12
	
   Some legitimate calls are from persons or organizations connecting
   the callee with weak social ties, such as a restaurant the callee   booked a table on-line.  These legitimate calls are often mistakenly
   labeled as unsolicited calls at a filtering system which uses the
   contact list of the callee.  To reduce these false positives during
   SPIT filtering, we propose two approaches to label incoming calls
   using cross-media relations from earlier communications.  One
   approach is that a potential caller offers the callee his contact
   address(es) which might be used in future calls.  Another is that a
   callee provides a potential caller with weakly secret information.
   In order to be identified as someone the callee contacted through
   other means previously, the caller should convey the information in
   future calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-cross-media-relations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.