Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-softwire-mesh-sam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mesh Softwire Solution without BGP and with Stateless Address Mapping (SAM)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-mesh-sam-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2009-10-19

SAM is a generic mechanism for packets whose addresses are in an
address family to traverse routing domains where this address family
is not directly supported.  Its topological scenarios are in the
defined as mesh softwire class, i.e. with point to multipoint tunnels
between border nodes so that packets never need to traverse softwire
domains twice.  SAM exterior to interior address mappings are
stateless, i.e; such that border nodes don't need to maintain states
about other border nodes.  While 6to4, ISATAP, and 6rd, are already
solutions for IPv6 tunnels across IPv4 domains, SAM supports all IPvX
across IPvY combinations.  Also, to mitigate consequences of the IPv4
address shortage during the transition-to-IPv6 period, SAM supports,
for protocols that have ports to designate connection endpoints,
port-extended IPv4 addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-mesh-sam-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.