Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PMIPv6 and Network Mobility Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-10-18

The NETLMM WG standardized Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6).  PMIPv6
enables mobile devices to connect to a PMIPv6 domain and roam across
gateways without changing the IP address.
Current PMIPv6 specification does only support the movement of hosts
within the localized mobility domain.  A mobile network (commonly
referred to as NEMO, NEtwork that MOves) can also benefit from the
network-based localized mobility support provided by PMIPv6, but in a
very limited way.  This I-D describes what can be done with current
standardized protocols and describes the problem statement of fully
supporting network mobility in Proxy Mobile IPv6.

The goal of this document is to present the problem -- and the use
cases where this problem is relevant to be solved -- to collect
feedback from the community about the interest on working on this
problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.