Subject: I-D Action:draft-jiang-csi-cga-config-dhcpv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 23:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Configuring Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) using DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : S. Jiang, Z. Xia
	Filename        : draft-jiang-csi-cga-config-dhcpv6-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-10-25

A Cryptographically Generated Address (CGA) is an IPv6 addresses 
binding with a public/private key pair. However, the current CGA 
specifications are lack of procedures to enable proper management of 
CGA generation. Administrators should be able to configure parameters 
used to generate CGA. The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for 
IPv6 (DHCPv6), which enables network management to dynamically 
configure hosts, can be used in the CGA configuration. Furthermore, 
CGA generation consumes large computation power. This computational 
burden can be delegated to the DHCPv6 server. A new DHCPv6 options 
are also defined in this document to enable hosts delegate CGA 
generation to a DHCPv6 server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-csi-cga-config-dhcpv6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.