Subject: I-D Action:draft-shelby-6lowapp-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Efficient XML Encoding and 6LowApp
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-shelby-6lowapp-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-10-16

For the resource constrained devices and networks of 6LowApp it is
essential that the payload of messages are compact.  The use of XML
to represent data in web applications has become almost universal.
The interoperability of 6LowApp with these applications will require
that XML can also be carried over the embedded web.  This document
introduces and compares techniques for encoding or compressing XML
for use with 6LowApp including EXI, BXML and Fast Infoset.  The
performance and requirements for using these encodings are analyzed
in the scope of 6LowApp.  It is shown that these standard encodings
can represent XML in a compact form, with reasonable overhead, and
require only Internet media type and content transfer encoding
indication from the application protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shelby-6lowapp-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.