Subject: I-D Action:draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-csc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using mLDP through a Backbone where there is no Route to the Root
	Author(s)       : I. Wijnands, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-csc-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-10-09

The control protocol used for constructing Point-to-Multipoint and
Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths ("MP LSPs") contains a
field that identifies the address of a "root node".  Intermediate
nodes are expected to be able to look up that address in their
routing tables.  However, if the route to the root node is a BGP
route, and the intermediate nodes are part of a BGP-free core, this
is not possible.  This document specifies procedures which enable a
MP LSP to be constructed through a BGP-free core.  In these
procedures, the root node address is temporarily replaced by an
address which is known to the intermediate nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-csc-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.