Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-lf-conv-frmwk-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 06:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for Loop-free Convergence
	Author(s)       : M. Shand, S. Bryant
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-lf-conv-frmwk-07.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-10-20

A micro-loop is a packet forwarding loop which may occur transiently
among two or more routers in a hop by hop packet forwarding paradigm.
This framework provides a summary of the causes and consequences of
micro-loops and enables the reader to form a judgement on whether
micro-looping is an issue that needs to be addressed in specific
networks.  It also provides a survey of the currently proposed
mechanisms that may be used to prevent or to suppress the formation
of micro-loops when an IP or MPLS network undergoes topology change
due to failure, repair or management action.  When sufficiently fast
convergence is not available and the topology is susceptible to
micro-loops, use of one or more of these mechanisms may be desirable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-lf-conv-frmwk-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.