Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : T. Winter, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-04.txt
	Pages           : 82
	Date            : 2009-10-26

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are a class of network in which
both the routers and their interconnect are constrained: LLN routers
typically operate with constraints on (any subset of) processing
power, memory and energy (battery), and their interconnects are
characterized by (any subset of) high loss rates, low data rates and
instability.  LLNs are comprised of anything from a few dozen and up
to thousands of LLN routers, and support point-to- point traffic
(between devices inside the LLN), point-to-multipoint traffic (from a
central control point to a subset of devices inside the LLN) and
multipoint-to- point traffic (from devices inside the LLN towards a
central control point).  This document specifies the IPv6 Routing
Protocol for LLNs (RPL), which provides a mechanism whereby
multipoint-to-point traffic from devices inside the LLN towards a
central control point, as well as point-to-multipoint traffic from
the central control point to the devices inside the LLN, is
supported.  Support for point-to-point traffic is also available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.