Subject: I-D Action:draft-cui-netext-route-optimization-agent-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reflector Extension for Route Optimization Agent
	Author(s)       : X. Cui
	Filename        : draft-cui-netext-route-optimization-agent-ext-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-10-25

Route Optimization is a very useful feature in Mobile IPv6. Mobile 
node can communicate with correspondent node without the involvement 
of the home agent by Route Optimization. But there are some 
limitations to this feature. One problem is that the mobile node and 
the correspondent node must be capable for Route Optimization. This 
document introduces a Route Optimization Agent function used for 
Route Optimization and this extension mechanism can enable Route 
Optimization to be used between mobile node and simple IP node. In 
the extension solution, the Route Optimization Agent function may be 
implemented in LMA or MAG and the Agent entity can reflect the RO-
related signal messages and fulfill the Route Optimization procedure 
on behalf of the simple IP node. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-netext-route-optimization-agent-ext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.