Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-alto-cpid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO protocol extension: aggregate network map and cost map into CPID
	Author(s)       : Y. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wang-alto-cpid-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-10-19

The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
hosts from a set of candidates, which are able to provide the desired
resource.  Until now the members in ALTO group propose many
solutions, such as P4P and PROXIDOR.  The goal of the protocol
specified in this document is to try to extend the existing solutions
to improve the performance of protocol and better satisfy the privacy
requirements.  The proposed protocol is based on the P4P or merged
protocol.  It introduces a way to transfer the guidance or costs
using Network Location identifiers/PIDs (we called it CPID) directly.
This solution can inherit the existing solution's architecture,
messages, and other mechanisms.  It can be an independent solution
and also be a function together with other functions in the existing
solution to provide the guidance for different client and balance the
workload on the server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-alto-cpid-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.