Subject: I-D Action:draft-cakulev-ibake-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IBAKE: Identity-Based Authenticated Key Agreement
	Author(s)       : V. Cakulev, G. Sundaram
	Filename        : draft-cakulev-ibake-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-10-19

Cryptographic protocols based on public key methods are based on
certificates and large scale public key infrastructure (PKI) to
support certificate management.  The emerging field of Identity Based
Encryption protocols allows to simplify the infrastructure
requirements via a Key Generation Function (KGF) while providing the
same flexibility.  However one significant limitation of Identity
Based Encryption methods is that the KGF can end up being a de-facto
key escrow server with undesirable consequences.  Another observed
deficiency is a lack of mutual authentication of communicating
parties.  Here, Identity Based Authenticated Key Exchange (IBAKE)
Protocol is specified which does not suffer from the key escrow
problem and in addition provides mutual authentication and a perfect
forward and backwards secrecy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cakulev-ibake-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.