Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-mi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IS-IS Multi-Instance
	Author(s)       : S. Previdi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-mi-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-10-15

This draft describes a mechanism that allows a single router to share
one or more links among multiple IS-IS routing protocol instances.

Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with
each instance.  Routers will form instance specific adjacencies,
exchange instance specific routing updates and compute paths
utilizing instance specific LSDB information.  Each PDU will contain
a new TLV identifying the instance to which the PDU belongs.  This
allows a network operator to deploy multiple IS-IS instances in
parallel, using the same set of links when required and still have
the capability of computing instance specific paths.  This draft does
not address the forwarding paradigm that needs to be used in order to
ensure data PDUs are forwarded according to the paths computed by a
specific instance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-mi-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.