Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Flow Selection Techniques
	Author(s)	: L. Peluso, T. Zseby, S. D'Antonio, M. Molina
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2009-10-18
	
   Flow selection is the process in charge of electing a limited number
   of flows from all of those observed at an observation point to be
   considered into the measurement process chain.  The flow selection
   process can be enabled at different stages of the monitoring
   reference model.  It can be performed at metering time once the
   packet classification has been executed, i.e. flow state dependent
   packet selection, or at recording/exporting time by limiting the
   number of flows to be stored and/or exported to the collector
   applications.  This document illustrates the motivations which might
   lead flow selection to be performed and presents a classification of
   the related techniques.  The document furthermore provides an
   information model for configuring flow selection techniques and
   discusses what information about the flow selection process is
   beneficial to be exported by adopting a suitable information model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.