Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-softwire-tunnel-endpoint-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple Tunnel Endpoint Signaling in BGP
	Author(s)       : X. Xu
	Filename        : draft-xu-softwire-tunnel-endpoint-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-10-18

The Softwire Mesh Framework [RFC5565] provides a solution for intra-
AS softwires, but not inter-AS softwires.  The ability to provide 
inter-AS softwires extends the benefits of softwires to a larger 
scale.  Indeed, [RFC5565] discusses the possibility of inter-AS 
softwires, but does not provide a solution.  This document defines a 
specific Extended Community attribute called the Tunnel Endpoint 
attribute, which allows for inter-AS softwires. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-softwire-tunnel-endpoint-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.