Subject: I-D Action:draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS SRV Resource Records for AFS
	Author(s)       : R. Allbery
	Filename        : draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-10-12

This document specifies how to use DNS (Domain Name Service) SRV RRs
(Resource Records) to locate services for the AFS distributed file
system and how the priority and weight values of the SRV RR should be
interpreted in the server ranking system used by AFS.  It deprecates
use of the AFSDB RR to locate AFS cell database servers and provides
guidance for backward compatibility.

Internet Draft Comments

Comments are solicited.  Please include the AFS Standardization
mailing list at [email-masked] as a recipient of
any comments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.