Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raiciu-mptcp-congestion-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Coupled Multipath-Aware Congestion Control
	Author(s)	: C. Raiciu, M. Handley, D. Wischik
	Filename	: draft-raiciu-mptcp-congestion-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2009-10-19
	
   Often endpoints are connected by multiple paths, but communications
   are usually restricted to a single path per socket.  Resource usage   within the network would be more efficient were it possible for these
   multiple paths to be used concurrently.

   The use of multiple paths simultaneously, specifically within a
   Multipath TCP protocol, necessitates the development of new
   congestion control algorithms.  If existing algorithms such as TCP
   New Reno were run independently on each path, the multipath flow
   would take more than its fair share if there was a common bottleneck.
   Further, it is desirable that a source with multiple paths available
   will transfer more traffic using the least congested of the paths,
   hence achieving resource pooling.  This would increase the overall
   utilization of the network and also its robustness to failure.

   This document presents a congestion control algorithm which couples
   the congestion control algorithms running on different subflows by
   linking their increase functions, and dynamically controls the
   overall aggresiveness of the multipath flow.  The result is a
   practical algorithm that is fair to TCP at bottlenecks while moving
   traffic away from congested links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raiciu-mptcp-congestion-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.