Subject: I-D Action:draft-wei-isis-tlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : New TLV for Purge Packet in ISIS
	Author(s)       : F. Wei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wei-isis-tlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2009-10-19

At present the purge packet does not contain information of source router
generating purge packets, so under the circumstance of route oscillation,
it is
difficult to locate the router closest to the point of failure that
receives the
LSP.

In this draft, it is proposed to add a new TLV for purge packet in which
the
system ID of source router is included. The TLVs are not changed in purge
packets
sent by other routers. When there is a network failure and purge packets
are sent
by routers, it is easy to locate the point of failure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wei-isis-tlv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.