Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-hip-investigation-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Investigation in HIP Proxies
	Author(s)       : D. Zhang, X. Xu
	Filename        : draft-zhang-hip-investigation-proxy-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-19

HIP proxies play an important role in the transition from the 
 current Internet architecture to the HIP architecture. The major 
 function of HIP proxies is to make up legacy (or Non-HIP) hosts as 
 HIP hosts and enable them to communicate with HIP hosts without 
 upgrading their protocol stacks. In this document, the legacy hosts 
 served by proxies is referred to as the Made-up Legacy (ML) hosts. 
 Currently, various design solutions of HIP proxies have been 
 proposed for different working circumstances, and the effectiveness 
 of these solutions can be influenced by various factors (e.g., the 
 information of HIP hosts maintained in DNS servers, the position 
 where a proxy is located, etc.). In this document, we attempt to 
 investigate these solutions in detail and compare their performance 
 in different scenarios. 

 Conventions used in this document 

 The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
 "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
 document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-hip-investigation-proxy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.