Subject: I-D Action:draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 07:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Media Description for IKE in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
	Author(s)       : M. Saito, et al.
	Filename        : draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-06.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2009-11-09

This document specifies how to establish secure media sessions over a
virtual private network using Session Initiation Protocol for the
purpose of on-demand media/application sharing between peers.  It
extends the protocol identifier of Session Description Protocol (SDP)
so that it can negotiate the use of Internet Key Exchange Protocol
(IKE) for media sessions in the SDP offer/answer model.  It also
specifies the method to boot up IKE and generate IPsec security
associations using a self-signed certificate under the mechanism of
connection-oriented media transport over the Transport Layer Security
in the SDP (comedia-tls).  This document extends RFC 4572.  In
addition, it defines a new attribute "udp-setup", which is similar to
the "setup" attribute defined in RFC 4145, to enable endpoints to
negotiate their roles in an IKE session.  To use pre-shared keys for
authentication in IKE, a new attribute "psk-fingerprint" is also
defined.Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on May 13, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.