Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-incremental-cgn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Incremental Carrier-Grade NAT (CGN) for IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)	: S. Jiang, D. Guo, B. Carpenter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-incremental-cgn-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2009-11-20
	
Global IPv6 deployment was slower than originally expected in the 
   last ten years. As IPv4 address exhaustion gets closer, the IPv4/IPv6 
   transition issues become more critical and complicated. Host-based 
   transition mechanisms are not able to meet the requirements while 
   most end users are not sufficiently expert to configure or maintain 
   these transition mechanisms. Carrier Grade NAT with integrated 
   transition mechanisms can simplify the operation of end users during 
   the IPv4/IPv6 migration or coexistence period. This document proposes 
   an incremental Carrier-Grade NAT (CGN) approach for IPv6 transition. 
   It can provide IPv6 access services for IPv6-enabled end hosts and 
   IPv4 access services for IPv4 end hosts while remaining most of 
   legacy IPv4 ISP networks unchanged. It is suitable for the initial 
   stage of IPv4/IPv6 migration. Unlike CGN alone, it also supports and 
   encourages transition towards dual-stack or IPv6-only ISP networks. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-incremental-cgn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.