Subject: I-D Action:draft-knoll-idr-cos-interconnect-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Class of Service Interconnection
	Author(s)       : T. Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-cos-interconnect-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-11-09

This document focuses on Class of Service Interconnection at inter-
domain interconnection points.  It specifies two new transitive
attributes, which enable adjacent peers to signal Class of Service
Capabilities and certain Class of Service admission control
Parameters.  The new "CoS Capability" is deliberately kept simple and
denotes the general EF, AF Group BE and LE forwarding support across
the advertising AS.  The second "CoS Parameter Attribute" is of
variable length and contains a more detailed description of available
forwarding behaviours using the PHB id Code encoding.  Each PHB id
Code is associated with rate and size based traffic parameters, which
will be applied in the ingress AS Border Router for admission control
purposes to a given forwarding behaviour.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knoll-idr-cos-interconnect-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.