Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-cno-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement of Core Network Overlay

	Author(s)	: Z. Sun, J. Su
	Filename	: draft-zhang-cno-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2009-11-11
	
With the convergence of computing, storage and network, especially
   the maturity of data center technology, it becomes a trend that ISP
   would like to deploy the computing and storage resources in the
   network, so that the optimized resource utilization as well as the
   value-added service can be provided.  The data centers deployed in
   the network can provide the runtime environment and resource to
   optimize ICP services with various edge service proxies, such as CDN
   servers and distributed Trackers.  Meanwhile, based on data centers
   ISP can provide all kinds of value-added services in the IP based
   network.  CNO (Core Network Overlay)is an ISP-controlled overlay
   network constructed on top of the core network which is proposed as a
   solution to large-scale data distribution in the Internet.  It can
   provide the transfer service for data distribution and switching in
   the core network for the ICP and its edge service proxies.  Because
   the CNO nodes are trustworthy (controlled by ISP), stable and have a
   simple economic model (without any participation of end users and
   ICPs), various overlay based data distribution methods are easier to
   be applied and standardized with CNO.  This draft presents the
   definition of the conceptions and terms about CNO.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-cno-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.