Subject: I-D Action:draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:15:04 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Local Mobility Anchors
	Author(s)       : A. Chan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-11-12

The full functions of a local mobility anchor may be separated into
different logical functions: (1) allocation of home network prefixes
or home addresses to mobile nodes, (2) location management function
which includes managing the IP addresses and locations of the mobile
nodes and (3) mobility routing function which includes intercepting
and forwarding packets.  Distributed local mobility anchors provides
visiting local mobility anchors in different networks with mobility
routing function to avoid triangle routing problem in Proxy mobile IP
or Mobile IP, but keeps the internetwork location management function
at the home local mobility anchors at registered networks.  The
needed location information of a mobile node is acquired only when a
packet is first sent to the mobile node and are then cached at the
visiting local mobility anchor to enable subsequent optimized
mobility routing.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.
This Internet-Draft will expire on May 16, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.