Subject: I-D Action:draft-xli-behave-ivi-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 02:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The CERNET IVI Translation Design and Deployment for the IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition
	Author(s)       : X. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xli-behave-ivi-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-11-28

This document presents the China Education and Research Network
(CERNET)'s IVI translation design and deployment for the IPv4/IPv6
coexistence and transition.

The IVI is a prefix-specific and stateless address mapping mechanism
for "an IPv6 network to the IPv4 Internet" and "the IPv4 Internet to
an IPv6 network" scenarios.  In the IVI design, subsets of the ISP's
IPv4 addresses are embedded in ISP's IPv6 addresses and the hosts
using these IPv6 addresses can therefore communicate with the global
IPv6 Internet directly and can communicate with the global IPv4
Internet via stateless translators, the communications can either be
IPv6 initiated or IPv4 initiated.  The IVI mechanism supports the
end-to-end address transparency and incremental deployment.  The IVI
is an early design deployed in CERNET as a reference for the IETF
standard document on IPv4/IPv6 translation.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.
The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 1, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xli-behave-ivi-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.