Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security (TLS) Renegotiation Indication Extension
	Author(s)       : E. Rescorla, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-11-19

SSL and TLS renegotiation are vulnerable to an attack in which the
attacker forms a TLS connection with the target server, injects
content of his choice, and then splices in a new TLS connection from
a client.  The server treats the client's initial TLS handshake as a
renegotiation and thus believes that the initial data transmitted by
the attacker is from the same entity as the subsequent client data.
This draft defines a TLS extension to cryptographically tie
renegotiations to the TLS connections they are being performed over,
thus preventing this attack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.