Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous Hop Insertion Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-11-09

This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
DTN Bundle Protocol.  This Previous Hop Insertion Block (PHIB)
extension block is designed to be inserted by a forwarding node to
provide the endpoint identifier (EID) of an endpoint of which the
forwarding node is a member so that this EID may be conveyed to the
next-hop receiving node.  Knowledge of an EID of an endpoint of which
a previous-hop node is a member may be required in some circumstances
to support certain routing protocols (e.g., flood routing).  If this
EID cannot be provided by the convergence layer or other means, the
PHIB defines the mechanism whereby the EID can be provided with the
bundle.  Each PHIB is always removed from the bundle by the receiving
node so that its presence within the bundle is limited to exactly one
hop.  This document defines the format and processing of this PHIB.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on May 10, 2010.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.