Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Probabilistic Routing Protocol for Intermittently Connected Networks
	Author(s)       : A. Lindgren, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-04.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2009-11-30

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.

This document defines PRoPHET, a Probabilistic Routing Protocol using
History of Encounters and Transitivity.  PRoPHET is a routing
protocol for intermittently connected networks, where there is no
guarantee that a fully connected path between source and destination
exists at any time, rendering traditional routing protocols unable to
deliver messages between hosts.  These networks are examples of
networks where there is a disparity between the latency requirements
of applications and the capabilities of the underlying network
(networks often referred to as Delay and Disruption Tolerant).  The
document presents an architectural overview followed by the protocol
specification.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 3, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.