Subject: I-D Action:draft-kim-abnf-codegen-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 06:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An ABNF Extension for code generation
	Author(s)       : J. Kim, M. Yu
	Filename        : draft-kim-abnf-codegen-01.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2009-11-26

This document describes an ABNF extension for code generation. ABNF
has been widely used for decades. While its popurarity is ascribed to
its simplicity and ease of use,  the demand for code generation
has been fulfilled only marginally, by some sort of non-standard
extensions, or by conversion to yet another meta language. One
possible solution is to add more detailed specifications to the
existing ABNF standard, but this hurts the very competitiveness of
ABNF itself.  Another solution is to standardize an extension and
make it a 'sister' standard in parallel to the existing ABNF
standaard.  In this document we propose such an extension as a
standard. The generated code using the proposed extension would be
"complete", meaning no need to modify by hand, if there exist no
concepts of unordered groups in the specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-abnf-codegen-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.