Subject: I-D Action:draft-asati-bmwg-reset-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reset Characterization
	Author(s)       : R. Asati, C. Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-asati-bmwg-reset-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2009-11-09

A forwarding device may get reset (automatically or manualy) and
subsequently may experience an outage. It is deemed useful to know
how long a device would take to recover after such an event.

<<delete>> The forwarding devices in the network may go out of
service due to (hardware or software) reset event. It is deemed
useful to know how long a device would take to recover after such an
event. <</delete>>

Moreover, there are varieties of reset triggers each deserving
special attention. Hence, clarity and consistency in reset
procedures (above & beyond what's specified in RFC2544) are crucial
to derive the meaningful results.

This document specifies a methodology for characterizing reset
during benchmarking of forwarding devices, and provides clarity and
consistency in reset procedures beyond what's specified in RFC2544.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-bmwg-reset-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.