Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Host Identity Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Moskowitz, P. Nikander, P. Jokela, T. Henderson
	Filename	: draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 103
	Date		: 2009-12-9
	
   This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
   (HIP).  HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and
   maintain shared IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier
   and locator roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of
   communications across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a Sigma-
   compliant Diffie-Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers
   from a new Host Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.
   The protocol is designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS)
   and man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with
   another suitable security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security
   Payload (ESP), it provides integrity protection and optional
   encryption for upper-layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5201 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.