Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-p2prg-alto-survey-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Survey on Research on the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Problem
	Author(s)       : I. Rimac, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-p2prg-alto-survey-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-12-11

A significant part of the Internet traffic today is generated by
peer-to-peer (P2P) applications used traditionally for file-sharing,
and more recently for real-time communications and live media
streaming.  Such applications discover a route to each other through
an overlay network with little knowledge of the underlying network
topology.  As a result, they may choose peers based on information
deduced from empirical measurements, which can lead to suboptimal
choices.  This document, a product of the P2P Research Group,
presents a survey of existing literature on discovering and using
network topology information for application-layer traffic
optimization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-alto-survey-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.