Subject: I-D Action:draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 04:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Ring Protection
	Author(s)       : Y. Weingarten, et al.
	Filename        : draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-12-29

This document presents an applicability statement to address the
requirements for protection of ring topologies for Multi-Protocol
Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Label Switched Paths
(LSP) on multiple layers.  The MPLS-TP Requirements document [TPReqs]
specifies specific criteria for justification of dedicated protection
mechanism for particular topologies, including optimizing the number
of OAM entities needed, minimizing the number of labels for
protection paths, minimzing the number of recovery elements in the
network, and minimizing the number of control and management
transactions necessary.  The document proposes a methodology for ring
protection based on existing MPLS-TP survivability mechanisms,
without the need of specification of new constructs or protocols.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
defined by the ITU-T.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.
Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 2, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.