Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Zone Transfer Protocol (AXFR)
	Author(s)	: E. Lewis, A. Hoenes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-12.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2009-12-6
	
The Domain Name System standard mechanisms for maintaining coherent
   servers for a zone consist of three elements.  One mechanism is the
   Authoritative Transfer (AXFR) defined in RFC 1034 and RFC 1035.
   The definition of AXFR has proven insufficient in detail, thereby
   forcing implementations intended to be compliant to make assumptions,
   impeding interoperability.  Yet today we have a satisfactory set of
   implementations that do interoperate.  This document is a new
   definition of AXFR -- new in the sense that is it recording an
   accurate definition of an interoperable AXFR mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.