Subject: I-D Action:draft-schaad-smime-hash-experiment-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Experiment: Hash functions with parameters in CMS and S/MIME
	Author(s)       : J. Schaad
	Filename        : draft-schaad-smime-hash-experiment-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-12-17

New hash algorithms are being developed and these algorithms may
include parameters.  CMS has not currently defined any hash
algorithms with parameters, but anecdotic evidence suggests that
defining one could cause major problems.  In this document we define
just such an algorithm and describe how to use it so that we can run
experiments to find out how bad including hash parameters will be.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schaad-smime-hash-experiment-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.