Subject: I-D Action:draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Local Mobility Anchors
	Author(s)       : H. Chan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-12-30

This draft proposes a distributed local mobility anchors
architecture.  It separates the full functions of a local mobility
anchor into different logical functions: (1) allocation of home
network prefixes or home addresses to mobile nodes, (2) location
management (LM) which includes managing the IP addresses and
locations of the mobile nodes and (3) mobility routing (MR) which
includes intercepting and forwarding packets.  The distributed local
mobility anchors architecture provides visited local mobility anchors
in different networks with mobility routing function to avoid
triangle routing problem in Proxy mobile IP or Mobile IP, but keeps
the internetwork location management function at the home local
mobility anchors at registered networks.  The needed location
information of a mobile node is acquired only when a packet is first
sent to the mobile node and are then cached at the visited local
mobility anchor to enable subsequent optimized mobility routing.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.
This Internet-Draft will expire on July 3, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.