Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dna-protocol-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 06:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detecting Network Attachment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Design Alternative for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6 Networks (DNAv6 Design Alternative)
	Author(s)       : S. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dna-protocol-09.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2009-12-02

In this memo, a mechanism that was developed for detection of network
attachement is documented for future reference.  This memo is an
informational document and thus does not define a new standard.  The
mechanism proposed in this experimental RFC requires the hosts to
monitor all the prefixes advertised on the link and use it for link
identification in the presence of non-DNAv6 routers is presented.  A
more efficient link-identification mechanism requiring the DNAv6
routers to monitor the link for advertised prefixes to assist the
hosts in link identification combined with a fast router
advertisement mechanism that selects the order of response for the
router deterministically is also presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-protocol-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.