Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 05:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Why RTP Does Not Mandate a Single Security Mechanism
	Author(s)       : C. Perkins, M. Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-12-22

This memo discusses the problem of securing real-time multimedia
sessions, and explains why the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP),
and the associated RTP control protocol (RTCP), do not mandate a
single media security mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.