Subject: I-D Action:draft-cakulev-ikev2-psk-diameter-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter IKEv2: Support for Interaction between IKEv2 Server and Diameter Server
	Author(s)       : V. Cakulev, A. Lior
	Filename        : draft-cakulev-ikev2-psk-diameter-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-12-22

Internet Key Exchange is a component of IPsec used for performing
mutual authentication as well as establishing and maintaining
security associations (SAs) between two parties such as a user and a
network entity.  Internet Key Exchange v2 (IKEv2) protocol allows
several different mechanisms for authenticating a user, namely the
Extensible Authentication Protocol, certificates, and pre-shared
secrets.  To authenticate and/or authorize the user, the network
element such as the Access Gateway may need to dynamically bootstrap
a security association based on interaction with the Diameter server.
This document specifies the interaction between the Access Gateway
and Diameter server for the IKEv2 based on pre-shared secrets.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 25, 2010.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
Contributions published or made publicly available before November
10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
than English.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cakulev-ikev2-psk-diameter-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.