Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-int-area-prefix-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using DHCPv6 for Prefix Delegation in Cellular Networks
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-int-area-prefix-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-12-16

According to IPv6 operation in cellular networks, one prefix can only
be assigned to one interface of a mobile node by an access router and
different mobile nodes can't share a prefix.  Managing Per-MN
interface prefixes is likely to increase the processing load at the
access router.  Based on the idea that DHCPv6 servers can manage
prefixes as well as addresses, we propose a new technique in which
the access router offloads delegation and release tasks of the
prefixes to an DHCPv6 server.  The access router first requests a
prefix for an incoming mobile node to the DHCPv6 server.  The access
router next advertises the prefix information to the mobile node with
a Router Advertisement message.  When the mobile node hands off, the
prefix is returned to the DHCPv6 server.  We also describe how AAA
servers can help in prefix delegation.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 19, 2010.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-int-area-prefix-delegation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.