Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transport Layer Security (TLS) Renegotiation Indication Extension
	Author(s)	: E. Rescorla, N. Oskov, M. Ray, S. Dispensa
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2009-12-16
	
SSL and TLS renegotiation are vulnerable to an attack in which the
   attacker forms a TLS connection with the target server, injects
   content of his choice, and then splices in a new TLS connection from
   a client.  The server treats the client's initial TLS handshake as a
   renegotiation and thus believes that the initial data transmitted by
   the attacker is from the same entity as the subsequent client data.
   This specification defines a TLS extension to cryptographically tie
   renegotiations to the TLS connections they are being performed over,
   thus preventing this attack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.