Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-req-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 05:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for Point to Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE)
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-req-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-12-04

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
functions in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

Extensions to the MPLS and GMPLS signaling and routing protocols have
been made in support of point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineered
(TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs). The use of PCE in MPLS networks is
already established, and since P2MP TE LSP routes are sometimes
complex to compute, it is likely that PCE will be used for P2MP LSPs.

Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "Path
Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic
Requirements". This document complements the generic requirements and
presents a detailed set of PCC-PCE communication protocol
requirements for point-to-multipoint MPLS/GMPLS traffic engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-req-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.