Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Self-Delimiting Numeric Values in Protocols
	Author(s)       : W. Eddy
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-12-21

Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (SDNVs) have recently been introduced
as a field type in proposed Delay-Tolerant Networking protocols.
SDNVs encode an arbitrary-length non-negative integer or arbitrary-
length bit-string with minimum overhead.  They are intended to
provide protocol flexibility without sacrificing economy, and to
assist in future-proofing protocols under development.  This document
describes formats and algorithms for SDNV encoding and decoding,
along with notes on implementation and usage.  This document is a
product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group and has been
reviewed by that group.  No objections to its publication as an RFC
were raised.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 24, 2010.

Copyright Notice
Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.