Subject: I-D Action:draft-sun-ccamp-dpm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metric in Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks
	Author(s)       : W. Sun, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sun-ccamp-dpm-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2009-12-13

When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
completion of signaling process may be used by applications as
indication that data path has become usable.  The existence of this
delay and the possible failure of cross connection programming, if
not properly treated, will result in data loss or even application
failure.  Characterization of this performance can thus help
designers to improve the application model and to build more robust
applications.  This document defines a series of performance metrics
to evaluate the availability of data path in the signaling process.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 17, 2010.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
Contributions published or made publicly available before November
10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
than English.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-ccamp-dpm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.