Subject: I-D Action:draft-daley-dnsext-host-srv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use of DNS SRV records for host selection
	Author(s)       : G. Daley, R. Ng
	Filename        : draft-daley-dnsext-host-srv-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-12-31

Where multiple application servers are able to receive inbound
connections from clients, it is desirable provide some policy control
over client behaviour.  This specification allows application service
providers to provide addresses of multiple servers in response to DNS
queries, while specifying failover and load balancing behaviours.

Multiple servers are specified using existing protocol mechanisms for
DNS Service records (SRV).  An experimental record definition is
described, which can be implemented on existing systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-dnsext-host-srv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.