Subject: I-D Action:draft-asati-bmwg-reset-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Device Reset Characterization
	Author(s)       : R. Asati, et al.
	Filename        : draft-asati-bmwg-reset-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-12-15

A forwarding device may get reset (automatically or manually) and
subsequently may experience an outage. It is deemed useful to know
how long a device would take to recover after such an event.

Moreover, there are varieties of reset triggers each deserving
special attention. Hence, clarity and consistency in reset
procedures (above and beyond what's specified in RFC2544) are
crucial to derive the meaningful results.

This document specifies a methodology for characterizing reset
during benchmarking of forwarding devices, and provides clarity and
consistency in reset procedures beyond what's specified in RFC2544.
It therefore updates RFC2544.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-bmwg-reset-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.