Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Benchmarking Terminology for Protection Performance
	Author(s)	: R. Papneja, S. Poretsky, S. Vapiwala, J. Karthik
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-08.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2009-12-21
	
This document provides common terminology and metrics for benchmarking 
  the performance of sub-IP layer protection mechanisms. The performance 
  benchmarks are measured at the IP-Layer, avoiding dependence on 
  specific sub-IP protection mechanisms. The benchmarks and terminology 
  can be applied in methodology documents for different sub-IP layer 
  protection mechanisms such as Automatic Protection Switching (APS), 
  Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), Stateful High Availability 
  (HA), and Multi-Protocol Label Switching Fast Reroute (MPLS-FRR).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.