Subject: I-D Action:draft-cam-winget-eap-tlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : EAP Type-Length-Value Container
	Author(s)       : N. Cam-Winget, H. Zhou
	Filename        : draft-cam-winget-eap-tlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-01-04

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748,
facilitates multiple authentication methods that are widely deployed
today.  As tunnel mechanisms become more prevalent, there has been
interest in carrying other types of data between the EAP Peer and the
EAP server.  Existing tunnel EAP methods have already defined generic
data structures to carry such information.

This document defines a generic TLV "container" that can be used
within an EAP method.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 9, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2010 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.
This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cam-winget-eap-tlv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.