Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-behave-hybrid-type-prefix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hybrid Type Prefix for IPv4-Embedded IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)       : X. Xu, C. Byrne
	Filename        : draft-xu-behave-hybrid-type-prefix-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-01-15

To build IPv4-Embedded IPv6 addresses for IPv4/IPv6 translation, the 
Well-Known Prefix (WKP) and Network Specific Prefix (NSP)-based 
address formats have been defined in [Address-Format]. However, both 
of them have some limitations in several use cases. Hence, this 
document aims at discussing the validity of the use cases and assess 
the interest of the BEHAVE WG to meet the requirement of 
unambiguously distinguishing IPv4-Embedded IPv6 addresses from 
native IPv6 ones. Doing so would guide the address selection and 
therefore allow avoiding crossing unnecessary or even useless 
address family translators.  

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-behave-hybrid-type-prefix-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.