Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 03:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RSVP-TE Signaling Extension For Management Plane To Control Plane LSP Handover In A GMPLS Enabled Transport Network.
	Author(s)       : D. Caviglia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-01-08

In a transport network scenario, where Data Plane connections are
controlled either by a Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(GMPLS) Control Plane (Soft Permanent Connections - SPC) or by a
Management System (Permanent Connections - PC) may independently
coexist, the ability of transforming an existing PC into a SPC and
vice versa - without actually affecting Data Plane traffic being
carried over it - is a requirement.  The requirements for the
conversion between permanent connections and switched connections in
a GMPLS Network are defined in [RFC5493].

This memo describes an extension to GMPLS RSVP-TE signaling that
enables the transfer of connection ownership between the Management
and the Control Planes.  Such a transfer is referred to as a
Handover.  This document defines all Handover related procedures.
This includes the handling of failure conditions and subsequent
reversion to original state.  A basic premise of the extension is
that the handover procedures must never impact an already established
Data plane.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 12, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2010 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.