Subject: I-D Action:draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Local Mobility Anchors
	Author(s)       : H. Chan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-01-22

This draft proposes a distributed local mobility anchors
architecture.  It splits the functions of a local mobility anchor
into different logical functions: (1) allocation of home network
prefixes or home addresses to mobile nodes, (2) location management
(LM) which includes managing the IP addresses and locations of the
mobile nodes, and (3) mobility routing (MR) which includes
intercepting and forwarding packets.  The distributed local mobility
anchors architecture consists of home local mobility anchors (H-LMA)
at the registered networks and visited local mobility anchors (V-LMA)
at the visited networks.  The V-LMA provides mobility routing
function to avoid triangle routing problem in Proxy mobile IP,
whereas the H-LMA keeps the location management function.  The needed
location information of a mobile node is acquired by a V-LMA from the
H-LMA only when a packet is first sent to the mobile node via the
V-LMA and are then cached at the V-LMA to enable optimized mobility
routing for packets subsequently sent to the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-netext-distributed-lma-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.