Subject: I-D Action:draft-dunbar-bfd-path-condition-change-marking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Condition Change Marking using BFD
	Author(s)       : H. Technologies
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-bfd-path-condition-change-marking-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-01-19

There are times that an LSP source node needs to know change(s) has
occurred along the originally established LSP path. This is
especially true in the Mobile Backhaul environment where microwave
transport is widely deployed. The bandwidth provided by the microwave
transport can change with weather. The source LSR, e.g. LTE's eNodeB,
needs to adjust its admission rate or shift more load to alternative
paths when the backhaul transport path condition is changed.

This draft describes a simple mechanism for transit LSRs to notify
Source LSR of the path condition changes.

Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 0.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dunbar-bfd-path-condition-change-marking-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.