Subject: I-D Action:draft-romano-dcon-recording-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Recording for Conferences using SMIL
	Author(s)       : A. Amirante, et al.
	Filename        : draft-romano-dcon-recording-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-01-07

This document deals with session recording, specifically for what
concerns recording of multimedia conferences, both centralized and
distributed.  Each involved media is recorded separately, and is then
properly tagged.  A SMIL [W3C.CR-SMIL3-20080115] metadata is used to
put all the separate recordings together and handle their
synchronization, as well as the possibly asynchronous opening and
closure of media within the context of a conference.  This SMIL
metadata can subsequently be used by an interested user by means of a
compliant player in order to passively receive a playout of the whole
multimedia conference session.  The motivation for this document
comes from our experience with our conferencing framework, Meetecho,
for which we implemented a recording functionality.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 11, 2010.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2010 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-romano-dcon-recording-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.