Subject: I-D Action:draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP
	Author(s)       : R. Gerhards, C. Lonvick
	Filename        : draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-01-20

There have been many implementations and deployments of legacy syslog
over TCP for many years.  That protocol has evolved without being
standardized and has proven to be quite interoperable in practice.

The aim of this specification is to document three things: how to
transmit standardized syslog over TCP, how this has been done for
legacy syslog, and how the new syslog architecture can interoperate
with the legacy deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.