Subject: I-D Action:draft-mitchell-nwg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applying Forensic Science to Trusted Enterprise Network
	Author(s)       : L. Mitchell
	Filename        : draft-mitchell-nwg-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-01-26

The Trusted Platform Module, for the past decade, has shown potential
to improve computer security. However, there is growing concerns that
the Trusted Platform Module, and its related technologies might be
challenging for Forensic Investigators to acquire and analyze certain
digital evidence. For example, if the key evidence is encrypted, and
cryptographically bound to a set of platform characteristics, then
those characteristics must exist on the platform (that is being used
to decrypt the evidence) before the evidence can be decrypted.
As a result, it is believed that if a suspect cryptographically
bound the evidence to the platform characteristics, and those
characteristics in some way got changed, then it might not be
possible to decrypt the potential evidence.

For this reason, we explored how Trusted Platform Module and its
related technologies might support digital forensic analysis 
within a trusted enterprise network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mitchell-nwg-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.