Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Cryptographic Authentication Algorithm Implementation  
Best Practices for Routing Protocols 
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2010-1-30
	
   The routing protocols Open Shortest Path First version 2 (OSPFv2) 
   [RFC2328], Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) [ISO] 
   [RFC1195] and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) [RFC2453] currently 
   define Clear Text and MD5 (Message Digest 5) [RFC1321] methods for 
   authenticating protocol packets. Recently effort has been made to add 
   support for the SHA (Secure Hash Algorithm) family of hash functions 
   for the purpose of authenticating routing protocol packets for RIP 
   [RFC4822], IS-IS [RFC5310] and OSPF [RFC5709]. 
    
   To encourage interoperability between disparate implementations, it 
   is imperative that we specify the expected minimal set of algorithms 
   thereby ensuring that there is at least one algorithm that all 
   implementations will have in common.   
    
   This document examines the current set of available algorithms with 
   interoperability and effective cryptographic authentication 
   protection being the principle considerations. Cryptographic 
   authentication of these routing protocols requires the availability 
   of the same algorithms in disparate implementations. It is desirable 
   that newly specified algorithms should be implemented and available 
   in routing protocol implementations because they may be promoted to 
   requirements at some future time. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-igp-crypto-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.