Subject: I-D Action:draft-worley-instrument-identification-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Identifying Individual Telephone Instruments in SIP
	Author(s)       : D. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-instrument-identification-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-01-30

When requesting and reporting dialog status in SIP, users often want
to know the status of a particular telephone instrument, rather than
the status of an Address of Record (AOR).  The architecture of SIP
makes it difficult to obtain the status of a telephone instrument in
a way that is convenient for use in common situations, in particular,
in an organization's PBX.

This document describes two methods for identifying which telephone
instrument is making each registration request that is convenient to
deploy in PBXs.  This information can be used to obtain the status of
individual telephone instruments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-instrument-identification-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.