Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : VPLS Interoperability with Provider Backbone Bridges
	Author(s)       : A. Sajassi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-01-05

The scalability of H-VPLS with Ethernet access network can be 
improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality in 
VPLS access. Provider Backbone Bridging has been standardized as 
IEEE 802.1ah-2008, and aims to improve the scalability of MAC 
addresses and service instances in Provider Ethernet networks. This 
document describes different interoperability scenarios where 
Provider Backbone Bridge functionality is used in H-VPLS with 
Ethernet or MPLS access network to attain better scalability in 
terms of number of customer MAC addresses and number of service 
instances. The document also describes the scenarios and the 
mechanisms for incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality 
within H-VPLS with existing Ethernet access and interoperability 
among them. Furthermore, the document discusses the migration 
mechanisms and scenarios by which Provider Backbone Bridge 
functionality can be incorporated into H-VPLS with existing MPLS 
access. 

  Conventions used in this document 
 
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.