Subject: I-D Action:draft-asati-bmwg-reset-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Device Reset Characterization
	Author(s)       : R. Asati, et al.
	Filename        : draft-asati-bmwg-reset-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-02-19

An operational forwarding device may need to be re-started
(automatically or manually) for a variety of reasons, an event that
we call a "reset" in this document. Since there may be an
interruption in the forwarding operation during a reset, it is
useful to know how long a device takes to begin forwarding packets
again.

This document specifies a methodology for characterizing reset
during benchmarking of forwarding devices, and provides clarity and
consistency in reset test procedures beyond what's specified in
RFC2544. It therefore updates RFC2544.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-bmwg-reset-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.