Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-04.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2010-02-18

A wavelength switched optical network (WSON) requires that certain
key information elements are made available to facilitate path
computation and the establishment of label switching paths (LSPs).
The information model described in "Routing and Wavelength Assignment
Information for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks" shows what
information is required at specific points in the WSON. Part of the
WSON information model contains aspects that may be of general
applicability to other technologies, while other parts are fairly
specific to WSONs.

This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for the
WSON specific information elements. It is intended that protocol-
specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
information is carried for specific uses. Such encodings can be used
to extend GMPLS signaling and routing protocols. In addition these
encodings could be used by other mechanisms to convey this same
information to a path computation element (PCE).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.