Subject: I-D Action:draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mapping and interworking of Diversion information Between Diversion and History-Info Headers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : M. Mohali
	Filename        : draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2010-02-03

Although the SIP History-Info header is the solution adopted in IETF,
the non-standard Diversion header is nevertheless widely implemented
and used for conveying call diversion related information in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling.
This document describes a recommended interworking guideline between
the Diversion header and the History-Info header to handle call
diversion information.  In addition, an interworking policy is
proposed to manage the headers coexistence.  The History-Info header
is described in [RFC4244] and the non-standard Diversion header is
described, as Historic, in the [draft-levy-sip-diversion-11].
Note to the RFC-Editor: The reference to this draft should be
replaced by the Historic RFC reference (work in progress).

Since the Diversion header is used in many existing network
implementations for the transport of call diversion information, its
interworking with the SIP History-Info standardized solution is
needed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.