Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-text-addr-representation-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Recommendation for IPv6 Address Text Representation
	Author(s)       : S. Kawamura, M. Kawashima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-text-addr-representation-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-02-25

As IPv6 deployment increases there will be a dramatic increase in the
need to use IPv6 addresses in text.  While the IPv6 address
architecture in RFC 4291 section 2.2 describes a flexible model for
text representation of an IPv6 address this flexibility has been
causing problems for operators, system engineers, and users.  This
document defines a canonical textual representation format.  It does
not define a format for internal storage, such as within an
application or database.  It is expected that the canonical format is
followed by humans and systems when representing IPv6 addresses as
text, but all implementations must accept and be able to handle any
legitimate RFC 4291 format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-text-addr-representation-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.