Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-auth-mech-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Survey of Authentication Mechanisms
	Author(s)       : E. Rescorla, G. Lebovitz
	Filename        : draft-iab-auth-mech-07.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2010-02-27

Authentication is a common security issue for the design of Internet
protocols.  A wide variety of authentication technologies are
available.  A common problem is knowing which technology to choose or
which of a variety of essentially similar implementations of a given
technique to choose.  This memo provides a survey of available
authentication mechanisms and guidance on selecting one for a given
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-auth-mech-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.