Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-iana-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 02:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry Operators
	Author(s)       : D. McPherson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-iab-iana-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-02-04

Many IETF protocols make use of commonly defined values that are
passed within protocols.  To ensure consistent interpretation of
these values by independent implementations, the values and
associated semantic intent must be uniquely defined.  The IETF uses
registry functions to record assigned protocol parameter values and
their associated semantic intent. For each IETF protocol parameter it
is current practice for the IETF to delegate the role of protocol
parameter registry operator to a nominated entity.  This document
provides a description of and the requirements for these delegated
functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-iana-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.