Subject: I-D Action:draft-von-hugo-multimob-future-work-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evaluation of further issues on Multicast Mobility: Potential future work for WG MultiMob
	Author(s)       : D. von Hugo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-von-hugo-multimob-future-work-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-02-23

The WG MultiMob aims at defining a basic mobile multicast solution
leveraging on network localized mobility management, i.e.  Proxy
Mobile IPv6 protocol.  The solution would be basically based on
multicast group management, i.e.  IGMP/MLD, proxying at the access
gateway.  If such a basic solution is essential from an operational
point of view, challenges with efficient resource utilization and
user perceived service quality still persist.  These issues may
prevent large scale deployments of mobile multicast applications.

This document attempts to identify topics for future extension of
work such as modifying base PMIPv6 and MLD/IGMP for optimal multicast
support, extending to and modifying of MIPv4/v6 and DSMIP, sender
(source) mobility, consideration of Handover optimization, multiple
flows with multihoming and any other different issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-future-work-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.