Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The use of SVEC (Synchronization VECtor) list for Synchronized dependent path computations
	Author(s)       : I. Nishioka, D. King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-02-10

A Path Computation Element (PCE) may be required to perform 
dependent path computations. Dependent path computations are 
requests that need to be synchronized in order to meet specific 
objectives. An example of a dependent request would be a PCE 
computing a set of services which are required to be diverse 
(disjointed) from each other. When a PCE computes sets of dependent 
path computation requests concurrently, it is required to use the 
Synchronization VECtor (SVEC) list for association among the sets of 
dependent path computation requests. The SVEC object is optional and 
carried within the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) 
PCRequest (PCReq) message. 

This document does not specify the PCEP SVEC object or procedure.
 
This informational document clarifies the use of the SVEC list for 
synchronized path computations when computing dependent requests. 
The document also describes a number of usage scenarios for SVEC 
lists within single domain and multi-domain environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.