Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-intarea-prefix-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using DHCPv6 for Prefix Delegation in Cellular Networks
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-intarea-prefix-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-02-09

According to IPv6 operation in cellular networks, one prefix can only
be assigned to one interface of a mobile node by an access router and
different mobile nodes can't share a prefix.  Managing Per-MN
interface prefixes is likely to increase the processing load at the
access router.  Based on the idea that DHCPv6 servers can manage
prefixes as well as addresses, we propose a new technique in which
the access router offloads delegation and release tasks of the
prefixes to an DHCPv6 server.  The access router first requests a
prefix for an incoming mobile node to the DHCPv6 server.  The access
router next advertises the prefix information to the mobile node with
a Router Advertisement message.  When the mobile node hands off, the
prefix is returned to the DHCPv6 server.  We also describe how AAA
servers can help in prefix delegation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-intarea-prefix-delegation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.