Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sip-web-apis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP APIs for Communications on the Web
	Author(s)	: H. Sinnreich, A. Johnston
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sip-web-apis-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2010-1-19
	
   Interactive communications are becoming part of rich Internet
   applications (RIA). This can be accomplished entirely by using Web
   technology and developing it as an Internet standard. Voice over IP
   (VoIP) features developed for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP 2.0)
   can be preserved in rich multimedia communications and applications
   on the web.  Hyper Text Transport Protocol (HTTP) is used for control
   and signaling data and RTP for interactive media transport
   respectively. No other network application protocols are required.
   Web, fixed and mobile device application development tools can thus
   be used to include components and widgets for Internet presence,
   Instant Messaging (IM), voice and video.  This opens Internet
   communications, including voice to application developers and will
   also enhance the user experience with real-time Web and mobile
   communications.  Usage scenarios include service providers, private
   IP networks, device application developers and media companies
   providing a mix of integrated communications, applications and media.
   This memo argues for the development and standardization of
   Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to allow the benefits of
   SIP to be used by Rich Internet Applications (RIA), for fixed and
   mobile devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-web-apis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.