Subject: I-D Action:draft-kerr-ixfr-only-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IXFR-ONLY to Prevent IXFR Fallback to AXFR
	Author(s)       : O. Sury, S. Kerr
	Filename        : draft-kerr-ixfr-only-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-02-26

This documents proposes a new QTYPE (Query pseudo RRtype) for the
Domain Name System (DNS).  IXFR-ONLY is a variant of IXFR (RFC 1995)
that allows an authoritative server to incrementally update zone
content from another (primary) server without falling back from IXFR
to AXFR.  This way, alternate peers can be contacted more quickly and
convergence of zone content may be achieved much faster in important,
resilient operational scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kerr-ixfr-only-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.