Subject: I-D Action:draft-levy-sip-diversion-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 01:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diversion Indication in SIP
	Author(s)       : S. Levy, M. Mohali
	Filename        : draft-levy-sip-diversion-11.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2010-02-02

This RFC, which contains the text of an Internet Draft that was
submitted originally to the SIP Working Group, is being published now
for the historical record and to provide a reference for later
Informational RFCs.  The original Abstract follows.

This document proposes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  This extension provides the ability for the called
SIP user agent to identify from whom the call was diverted and why
the call was diverted.
The extension defines a general header, Diversion, which conveys the
diversion information from other SIP user agents and proxies to the
called user agent.
This extension allows enhanced support for various features,
including Unified Messaging, Third-Party Voicemail, and Automatic
Call Distribution (ACD).  SIP user agents and SIP proxies which
receive diversion information may use this as supplemental
information for feature invocation decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levy-sip-diversion-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.