Subject: I-D Action:draft-sun-alto-notification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Server Notification mechanism for ALTO optimization
	Author(s)       : X. Sun, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sun-alto-notification-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-02-26

Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) guides an application,
especially a Peer to Peer (P2P) application, to select hosts from
its candidate set. ALTO is a promising technique for future network,
as it is able to jointly optimize network resource utilization and
application performance. The ALTO protocol is Client-Server based.
Applications work as ALTO clients to fetch PID information from the
ALTO server, but the ALTO server can't send the notification to ALTO
clients, even if there is a major change to the networks. This draft
discusses the requirements for server initialized notification, and
proposes one mechanism to enable the ALTO server notification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-alto-notification-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.