Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The Network Trouble Ticket Data Model
	Author(s)	: D. Zisiadis, S. Kopsidas, M. Tsavli, L. Tassiulas, C. Tziouvaras, G. Cessieux, X. Jeannin
	Filename	: draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-02.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 2010-2-16
	
Handling multiple sets of network trouble tickets (TTs) 
   originating from different participants inter-connected network
   environments poses a series of challenges for the involved 
   institutions, Grid is a good example of such multi-domain project.
   Each of the participants follows different procedures for handling 
   trouble in its domain, according to the local technical and 
   linguistic profile. The TT systems of the participants collect, 
   represent and disseminate TT information in different formats. 
   As a result, management of the daily workload by a central Network
   Operations Centre (NOC) is a challenge on its own. Normalization 
   of TTs to a common format for presentation and storing at the 
   central NOC is mandatory. In the present document we provide a 
   model for automating the collection and normalization of the TT 
   received by multiple networks forming the Grid. Each of the 
   participants is using its home TT system within its domain for 
   handling trouble incidents, whereas the central NOC is gathering 
   the tickets in the normalized format for repository and handling. 
   XML is used as the common representation language. The model was 
   defined and used as part of the networking support activity of 
   the EGEE project (Enabling Grids for E-sciencE).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.