Subject: I-D Action:draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 04:15:03 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Server Message Block and NetBIOS
	Author(s)       : P. A
	Filename        : draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-02-21

The Network Basic I/O System (NetBIOS) NetBIOS was developed in

  the early 1980s to allow applications to communicate over a

  network. The TCP/IP version called NetBIOSoverTCP/IP(NetBT),

  was developed to support communications between symbolically 

  named stations and transfer of arbitrary data.NetBT supports all

  three services (Name, Datagram and Session) supported by NetBIOS.

	The Server Message Block (SMB) is a presentation layer protocol

  providing file and print sharing functions for LAN Manager, and

  other network operating systems. 

	SMB over NetBT session is not clearly explained in the RFCs 

  [Netbios concepts] and [Netbios specification] and this document

  attempts to provide information on this.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.