Subject: I-D Action:draft-song-p2psip-bootstrap-status-maintenance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : P2PSIP Bootstrap Status Maintenance
	Author(s)       : S. Yongchao
	Filename        : draft-song-p2psip-bootstrap-status-maintenance-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-02-28

In order to join the overlay, a joining peer/client has to find the
enrollment server first, and then acquire the configuration file from
the enrollment server where it can find the bootstrap peers'
information, and after that it contact a bootstrap node to route the
join request message to join the overlay.  However, nodes in P2PSIP
overlay network are dynamic.  They can leave gracefully or abruptly
at any time.  This document focuses on the bootstrap server mechanism
and proposes a mechanism to select proper bootstrap peers and improve
the availability of bootstrap nodes through bootstrap peer status
maintenance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-song-p2psip-bootstrap-status-maintenance-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.