Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Unicast Transmission of IPv6 Multicast Messages on Link-layer
	Author(s)       : S. Gundavelli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-02-15

When transmitting an IPv6 packet to a multicast group address, the
destination address in the link-layer header is typically set to the
corresponding mapped address of that multicast group address.
However, it is not mandatory that the destination address in the
link-layer header is always a mapped multicast equivalent of its IP
destination address.  There are various deployment scenarios where
there a need to transmit an IPv6 multicast message as an unicast
message on the link-layer.  Unfortunately, the IPv6 specifications do
not clearly state this.  This document explicitly clarifies this
aspect and makes such packet construct and transmission legal and
valid.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.