Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Network Management Framework
	Author(s)       : S. Mansfield, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-02-22

This document provides the network management framework for the
Transport Profile for Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP).

This framework relies on the management terminology from the ITU-T to
describe the management architecture that could be used for an
MPLS-TP management network.

The management of the MPLS-TP network could be based on multi-tiered
distributed management systems.  This document provides a description
of the network and element management architectures that could be
applied and also describes heuristics associated with fault,
configuration, and performance aspects of the management system.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF Consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-framework-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.