Subject: I-D Action:draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A fast LSP-alert Mechanism
	Author(s)       : S. Kini, A. Liu
	Filename        : draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-02-22

There are applications (e.g. fault-management, OAM) that need to
 alert LSRs along an LSP path. TTL expiry and GAL are currently
 defined mechanisms. An invocation of such a mechanism alerts a
 single LSR. When multiple LSRs along the LSP need to be alerted,
 multiple messages may have to be generated. Also, messages may
 have to be processed and forwarded hop-by-hop by the control
 plane. In fault recovery scenarios where multiple LSRs need to
 be alerted this increases the recovery time and hence the
 traffic loss. This document defines a simple and fast mechanism
 that allows all the LSRs along a LSP to be alerted with a single
 message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.