Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-08.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2010-02-01

This document specifies a new Neighbor Discovery mechanism suitable
for LoWPANs.  The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over energy
and bandwidth constrained wireless networks often making use of
multihop topologies.  However, the use of classic IPv6 Neighbor
Discovery with 6LoWPAN has several problems.  Classic Neighbor
Discovery was not designed for non-transitive wireless links, and the
traditional IPv6 link concept and heavy use of multicast makes it
unpractical.  This document specifies a simple Neighbor Discovery
mechanism both sufficient yet minimal for LoWPAN operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.