Subject: I-D Action:draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-mmbr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Address Autoconfiguration for MANET with Multiple MBRs
	Author(s)       : J. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-mmbr-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-02-27

In order to allow the subordinate MANET to be connected to the 
external network, the MANET border router (MBR) has been defined. For 
providing scalability and reliability to the subordinate MANET, 
multiple MBRs may be deployed. One of the issues on the subordinate 
MANET with multiple MBRs is which network prefixes are to be 
advertised by MBRs. In the case when MBRs advertise different network 
prefixes, if a MANET node changes its default MBR to a new one, the 
node may have to transmit packets via non-optimal paths to keep using 
the existing connection to the previous MBR, or change its address by 
using the network prefix information from the new MBR. 
In the former case, the MANET node may not communicate with the MBR 
due to MANET partitioning. In the latter case, on-going sessions can 
be terminated because of the address change. In this draft, we define 
a PMIPv6 based address autoconfiguration mechanism that enables MANET 
nodes to operate properly when all MBRs advertise the same network 
prefix in the subordinate MANET.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaehwoon-autoconf-mmbr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.