Subject: I-D Action:draft-pskim-ippm-capaest-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Available Capacity Estimation
	Author(s)       : P. Kim, Y. Han
	Filename        : draft-pskim-ippm-capaest-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-02-28

In this draft, a mechanism for available capacity estimation of an 
end-to-end path is proposed to improve the estimation accuracy 
compared with the existing IGI(Initial Gap Increasing)/PTR(Packet 
Transmission Rate) mechanism. The proposed mechanism defines three 
cases of the difference between the average output gap and the input 
gap, and then reflects fully them, while the existing mechanism 
reflected only two cases. Since three cases are handled respectively 
by appropriate corresponding manners, the proposed mechanism can be 
expected to reduce the detection error for the turning point. 
Therefore, the end-to-end available capacity can be estimated more 
accurate than the existing mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pskim-ippm-capaest-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.