Subject: I-D Action:draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 03:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Handling MPLS-TP OAM Packets Targeted at Internal MIPs
	Author(s)       : A. Farrel, H. Endo
	Filename        : draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-02-26

The Framework for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
within the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) describes how
Maintenance Intermediate Points (MIPs) may be situated within network
nodes at the incoming and outgoing interfaces.

This document describes a way of forming OAM messages so that they
can be targeted at incoming MIPs and outgoing MIPs, forwarded
correctly through the "switch fabric", and handled efficiently in
optimized node implementations where there is no distinction between
the incoming and outgoing MIP.

The material in this document is provided for discussion within the
MPLS-TP community in the expectation that this idea or some similar
mechanism will be subsumed into a more general MPLS-TP OAM document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.