Subject: I-D Action:draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommendations for the Remediation of Bots in ISP Networks
	Author(s)       : J. Livingood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-02-10

This document contains recommendations on how Internet Service
Providers can manage the effects of computers used by their
subscribers, which have been infected with malicious bots, via
various remediation techniques.  Internet users with infected
computers are exposed to risks such as loss of personal data, as well
as increased susceptibility to online fraud and/or phishing.  Such
computers can also become an inadvertent participant in or component
of an online crime network, spam network, and/or phishing network, as
well as be used as a part of a distributed denial of service attack.
Mitigating the effects of and remediating the installations of
malicious bots will make it more difficult for botnets to operate and
could reduce the level of online crime on the Internet in general
and/or on a particular Internet Service Provider's network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.