Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roux-fecframe-repacketization-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:45:03 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Benefits of re-packetization for FEC based protection of multimedia streams
	Author(s)	: P. Roux, C. Janneteau, K. Mounir
	Filename	: draft-roux-fecframe-repacketization-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2010-2-9
	
This document addresses the subject of FEC-based protection of 
   multimedia streams. It is proposed to apply re-packetization on the 
   application source stream data units in order to get a constant data 
   unit size within each block. A reverse packetization operation should 
   also be applied in the receiver in order to provide the application 
   consumer with original application data units. By avoiding any 
   padding in the process of repair packet production, this proposal 
   brings a significant performance enhancement which is evaluated by 
   simulation. The proposed re-packetization operations can be used 
   without requiring change to the FEC framework. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roux-fecframe-repacketization-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.