Subject: I-D Action:draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proposal for an extension to RTCP for Retransmission Storm Suppression of RTP Stream
	Author(s)       : W. Wu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-02-21

This document extends Receiver Summary Information (RSI) report block
to define a new sub-report block for retransmission suppression
within the framework of RTP retransmission.  One of initial
retransmission requests for the missing packets is RTCP NACK.  This
feedback message conveys packet loss events.  Unlike NACK, this new
sub-report block, which is referred to as the Retransmission Storm
Suppression Report, also carries the information regarding
retransmission suppression early indication events to the receiver
before the receiver detects an original packet loss and all the
packet loss repair methods are applied.  By using Retransmission
Suppression together with NACK, the delay for the receiver to recover
from the packet loss can be reduced and the risk of increasing
network congestion can be mitigated or avoided.  This document also
registers a new sub-report block type for Retransmission Storm
Suppression within RTP retransmission framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.