Subject: I-D Action:draft-ong-gmpls-ason-routing-exper-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPFv2 Extensions for ASON Routing based on Implementation Experience
	Author(s)       : L. Ong, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ong-gmpls-ason-routing-exper-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-02-26

IETF CCAMP WG has defined a set of extensions to OSPFv2 to support
ASON routing requirements.  These extensions have been given EXP
status rather than Standards Track and according to guidelines for
OSPFv2 have not been allocated standard codepoints by IANA. This
work has continued in [OSPFASON].

This draft defines a set of proposed updates for a subset of the
the ASON routing extensions for OSPFv2 defined in [OSPFASON]. 
These proposed updates have already benefited from running code
tested in multiple interoperability testing events, with at least
eight independent implementations. The differences from [OSPFASON]
are the result of field and interoperability testing experience.
These formats are proposed to either be folded in to [OSPFASON], 
or be a separate Standards Track RFC covering
a subset of the ASON extensions to OSPFv2, as preferred by the 
working group. We believe that adopting these formats will help
move those parts of [OSPFASON] towards Standards Track, while
preserving the functionality defined in [OSPFASON].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ong-gmpls-ason-routing-exper-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.