Subject: I-D Action:draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Content Constraints Extension
	Author(s)       : R. Housley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-03.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2010-02-01

This document specifies the syntax and semantics for the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) content constraints extension.
This extension is used to determine whether a public key is
appropriate to use in the processing of a protected content.  In
particular, the CMS content constraints extension is one part of the
authorization decision; it is used when validating a digital
signature on a CMS SignedData content or validating a message
authentication code (MAC) on a CMS AuthenticatedData content or CMS
AuthEnvelopedData content.  The signed or authenticated content type
is identified by an ASN.1 object identifier, and this extension
indicates the content types that the public key is authorized to
validate.  If the authorization check is successful, the CMS content
constraints extension also provides default values for absent
attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.