Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-cfrg-kdf-uses-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Key Derivation Functions and their Uses
	Author(s)       : D. McGrew, B. Weis
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-kdf-uses-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-02-26

This note surveys the existing designs for Key Derivation Functions
(KDFs), the purposes for which they are used, and their security and
usability goals.  Importantly, some important protocols use KDFs for
multiple purposes.  We offer conclusions to guide future standards
work and research on KDFs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-kdf-uses-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.