Subject: I-D Action:draft-templin-iron-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 21:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON)
	Author(s)       : F. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-iron-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-02-04

RANGER examines recursive arrangements of enterprise networks, where
the term "enterprise" can apply to a very broad set of use case
scenarios.  RANGER considers the global Internet itself as the
highest level of enterprise network recursion, and assumes that
existing policies and operational practices in the current Internet
BGP routing system will continue into the foreseeable future.
However, RANGER also seeks to arrest the growth of the BGP RIB so
that it will level off and not continue to expand along super-linear
rates.  In particular, RANGER expects that the current Internet BGP
routing system will continue to maintain the current RLOC-based RIB,
but that future growth due to mobility, multihoming and PI addressing
will be increasingly accommodated using EID addressing instead of
RLOC addressing.  This new growth must be accommodated within
acceptable scaling limitations for both the RIB and FIB sizes for
EID-based routers in the Internet.  Therefore, RANGER proposes that
an Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) be established over the
existing DFZ for the purpose of supporting scalable EID space
routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-iron-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.