Subject: I-D Action:draft-nakibly-v6ops-tunnel-loops-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routing Loops using ISATAP and 6to4: Problem Statement and Proposed Solutions
	Author(s)       : G. Nakibly
	Filename        : draft-nakibly-v6ops-tunnel-loops-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-02-01

This document is concerned with security vulnerabilities in the
ISATAP and 6to4 tunnels.  These vulnerabilities allow an attacker to
take advantage of inconsistencies between a tunnel's overlay IPv6
routing state and the native IPv6 routing state.  The attacks form
routing loops which can be abused as a vehicle for traffic
amplification to facilitate DoS attacks.  We describe these security
vulnerabilities and the attacks which exploit them.  We further
recommend on solutions to remove the vulnerabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nakibly-v6ops-tunnel-loops-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.