Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 06:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Media Resource Brokering
	Author(s)       : C. Boulton, L. Miniero
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-03.txt
	Pages           : 110
	Date            : 2010-02-10

The MediaCtrl work group in the IETF has proposed an architecture for
controlling media services.  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is
used as the signalling protocol which provides many inherent
capabilities for message routing.  In addition to such signalling
properties, a need exists for intelligent, application level media
service selection based on non-static signalling properties.  This is
especially true when considered in conjunction with deployment
architectures that include 1:M and M:N combinations of Application
Servers and Media Servers.  This document introduces a Media Resource
Broker (MRB) entity which manages the availability of Media Servers
and the media resource demands of Application Servers.  The document
includes potential deployment options for an MRB and appropriate
interfaces to Application Servers and Media Servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.