Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-6man-ipv6-nd-vendor-spec-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 ND Vendor-Specific Information Option
	Author(s)       : S. Gundavelli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-6man-ipv6-nd-vendor-spec-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-02-13

The current IPv6 Neighbor Discovery specification does not provide
semantics for carrying vendor-specific options in the IPv6 Neighbor
Discovery messages.  With the anticipated wide scale deployment of
IPv6 networks, it is useful for organizations and vendors to have the
ability to carry organization/vendor specific information in the IPv6
Neighbor Discovery messages.  This will facilitate the vendors and
organizations to make deployment specific extensions as needed in
system deployment.  This document defines a new vendor-specific
information option that can be carried in IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
messages exchanged between IPv6 nodes on a link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-6man-ipv6-nd-vendor-spec-options-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.