Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "The OAM Acronym Soup"
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-02-11

At first glance the acronym "OAM" seems to be well known and well
understood.  Looking at it a bit more closely reveals a set of
recurring problems that are revisited time and again.  This document
has one primary and one secondary goal.  The primary goal is to find
an understanding of OAM that is useful for the MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP) effort.  The secondary goal is to make this understanding
applicable in a wider scope.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF Consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.