Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous Hop Insertion Block
	Author(s)       : S. Symington
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-10.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-02-16

This document defines an extension block for use with the DTN Bundle
Protocol.  This Previous Hop Insertion Block (PHIB) extension block
is designed to be inserted by a forwarding node to provide the
endpoint identifier (EID) of an endpoint of which the forwarding node
is a member so that this EID may be conveyed to the next-hop
receiving node.  Knowledge of an EID of an endpoint of which a
previous-hop node is a member may be required in some circumstances
to support certain routing protocols (e.g., flood routing).  If this
EID cannot be provided by the convergence layer or other means, the
PHIB defines the mechanism whereby the EID can be provided with the
bundle.  Each PHIB is always removed from the bundle by the receiving
node so that its presence within the bundle is limited to exactly one
hop.  This document defines the format and processing of this PHIB.
This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised."

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.