Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-behave-v4app-v6server-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Concerns with IPv4 Applications Accessing IPv6 Servers (NAT46)
	Author(s)       : D. Wing, C. Byrne
	Filename        : draft-wing-behave-v4app-v6server-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-02-24

Bump-in-the-Stack and Bump-in-the-API allow IPv4 applications to
access IPv6 servers, using an in-host NAT46 translator.  When used in
conjunction with an in-network NAT64, it is also possible for the
IPv4 application to access an IPv4 server via an IPv6-only network.
This document describes how these functions work in detail, and
discusses some concerns especially around IPv4 applications accessing
IPv6 servers.  These concerns can be reduced by not having IPv4
applications access IPv6 servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-behave-v4app-v6server-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.