Subject: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netext-multihoming-ps-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multihoming Problem Statement in NetLMM
	Author(s)       : M. Jeyatharan, C. Ng
	Filename        : draft-jeyatharan-netext-multihoming-ps-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-03-08

The Proxy Mobile Internet Protocol version 6 (PMIPv6) supports
multihoming whereby a mobile node (1) gets assigned prefixes by the
local mobility anchor which are associated with an interface of a
mobile node and are managed by the PMIPv6 elements as a single IP
mobility session, and (2) can connect to a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain
through multiple interfaces for simultaneous access and get assigned
a different set of prefix(es) per interface, since being each
interface managed via an independent mobility session.  However,
PMIPv6 needs multihoming enhancements such that it needs the ability
to instantiate additional IP mobility sessions associated with an
already active interface or a secondary interface of the mobile node
which has an established IP mobility session at a local mobility
anchor (LMA), the ability to selectively share home network
prefix(es) across access technology types, the ability to perform
flow mobility tied to a subset of prefixes associated with an access
technology to another access technology and extended support for
multiple IP mobility sessions in a scenario where multiple interfaces
of the mobile node are connected to a single mobile access gateway
(MAG).  This memo highlights such required enhancements to PMIPv6
multihoming with respect to improved operations and extended
applicability to different deployment scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeyatharan-netext-multihoming-ps-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.