Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:15:04 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BFD for MPLS LSPs Enhancement
	Author(s)	: M. Chen, S. Ning, V. Hallivuori
	Filename	: draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2010-3-5
	
This document defines an enhancement to Bi-directional Forwarding 
   Detection (BFD) for MPLS LSPs [MPLS-BFD] that can be used to specify 
   the return path of BFD control packets for a specific BFD session. 
   Specifying co-routed or protected return path increases robustness 
   of BFD failure detection and reduces false positives. This document 
   also defines a way to avoid duplicate BFD sessions currently 
   encountered with Co-routed Bidirectional LSP and Associated 
   Bidirectional LSP. The enhancement halves the BFD sessions over 
   those LSPs, and allows a Co-routed Bidirectional LSPs or Associated 
   Bidirectional LSPs to be protected and switched as a single entity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mpls-bfd-enhancement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.