Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoeper-hokey-arch-design-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: HOKEY Architecture Design
	Author(s)	: T. Taylor, W. Wu, K. Hoeper, S. Decugis, G. Zorn
	Filename	: draft-hoeper-hokey-arch-design-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2010-3-1
	
HOKEY seeks to minimize handover delay due to authentication when a
   peer moves from one point of attachment to another.  Work has
   progressed on two different approaches to reducing handover delay:
   early authentication, and reuse of cryptographic material generated
   during an initial authentication to save time during re-
   authentication.  A starting assumption is that the mobile host or
   "peer" is initially authenticated using EAP, and the source of keying
   material used to authenticate the peer is an EAP authentication
   server in the peer's home network.

   This document describes the HOKEY architecture.  Specifically, it
   describes design objectives for the architecture, main components of
   the HOKEY architecture, HOKEY deployment scenarios in the wireless
   environment, and the message flows that must pass between the
   architectural components in those various scenarios.  Other documents
   describe the protocol(s) needed to implement the message flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoeper-hokey-arch-design-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.