Subject: I-D Action:draft-kumaki-pce-bgp-disco-attribute-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 20:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Protocol Extensions for Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery in a BGP/MPLS IP-VPN
	Author(s)       : K. Kumaki, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kumaki-pce-bgp-disco-attribute-06.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-03-07

Connectivity between customer sites in an IP Virtual Private Network
(VPN) supported by BGP/MPLS may be achieved using MPLS Traffic
Engineered (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs). The paths of these LSPs
must be computed to provide the end-to-end connectivity desired, and
the paths selected may depend upon the VPN being served, and the
location and reachability of target addresses within customer sites.

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a server that can compute the
paths of TE LSPs in an MPLS network. Where one or more VPNs is
supported over a core network, different PCEs may serve computations
for different VPNs.

PCE discovery allows a Path Computation Client (PCC) to determine
which PCEs are available to service its computation requests.
Using an IGP to distribute PCE discovery information for VPN use
would result in the information being needlessly flooded to all core
nodes regardless of whether they are aware of the VPN. These nodes do
not need to be aware of per-VPN PCE function. This document describes
how BGP can be used to distribute PCE discovery information
specifically for use in VPN path computation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumaki-pce-bgp-disco-attribute-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.