Subject: I-D Action:draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-read-sparse-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple and Efficient Read Support for Sparse Files
	Author(s)       : D. Hildebrand, M. Eshel
	Filename        : draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-read-sparse-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-03-01

This document extends the NFSv4.1 protocol to support efficient
reading of sparse files.  The number of sparse files is growing in
the data center, most notably due to the increasing number of virtual
disk images.  This simple extension provides an easy and efficient
way for administrators to copy and manage these files without wasting
disk space or transferring data unnecessarily.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-read-sparse-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.