Subject: I-D Action:draft-wei-sidr-cta-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 02:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A cryptographically generated issuer name for trust anchor
	Author(s)       : Y. Wei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wei-sidr-cta-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-03-01

This document proposes an enhanced certificate profile for trust
anchors, in which the issuer field of the TA certificate is
cryptographically generated.  In the RPKI architecture, the trust
anchor uses self-signed certificate.  However, this sort of
certificate is vulnerable to various attacks.  For example, the
attackers can easily create its own public-private key pair and
declaims that the issuer field belongs to him.  This means attackers
can easily impersonate the trust anchor.  To address it, this
document adds identity based cryptographic technique to the self-
signed certificate.  Since the issuer field of the trust anchor's
certificate is cryptographically generated from the trust anchor's
public key, the attacker will not be able to create another key pair
and declaim that the issuer field generated by the trust anchor
belongs to him.  Therefore, attackers can not impersonate the trust
anchor.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wei-sidr-cta-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.