Subject: I-D Action:draft-eggert-successful-bar-bof-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for Having a Successful Bar BOF Session
	Author(s)       : L. Eggert
	Filename        : draft-eggert-successful-bar-bof-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-03-25

During recent IETF meetings, bar BOF ("birds of a feather") sessions
have increasingly become indistinguishable from official IETF BOFs or
sometimes even IETF working group meetings.  This document argues
that this recent trend is not helpful in reaching the ultimate goal
of many of these bar BOFs (i.e., to eventually initiate new IETF
work).  It encourages the organizers of bar BOFs to consider the
benefits of holding such get-togethers in much less formal settings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eggert-successful-bar-bof-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.