Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCN Encoding for Packet-Specific Dual Marking (PSDM Encoding)
	Author(s)       : M. Menth, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-03-05

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a link-specific and load-
dependent packet re-marking mechanism and provides in Differentiated
Services networks feedback to egress nodes about load conditions
within the domain.  It is used to support admission control and flow
termination decision in a simple way.  This document proposes how PCN
marks can be encoded into the IP header for packet-specific dual
marking (PSDM).  PSDM encoding provides three different codepoints:
not-ETM, not-ThM, and PM.  Excess-traffic-marking may re-mark not-
ETM-packets to PM and threshold-marking may re-mark not-ThM-packets
to PM.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.