Subject: I-D Action:draft-sajassi-l2vpn-rvpls-bgp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routed VPLS using BGP
	Author(s)       : A. Sajassi, K. Patel
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-l2vpn-rvpls-bgp-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-03-26

VPLS, as currently defined, has challenges pertaining to the areas 
of redundancy and multicast optimization. In particular, multi-
homing with all-active forwarding cannot be supported and there's no 
easy way for leveraging MP2MP MDTs for optimizing the delivery of 
multi-destination frames. This document defines an evolution of the 
current VPLS solution, referred to as Routed VPLS (R-VPLS), to 
address these shortcomings. 

Conventions 
 
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-rvpls-bgp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.