Subject: I-D Action:draft-zheng-pnat-dual-v6addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PNAT with dual IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)       : L. Zheng
	Filename        : draft-zheng-pnat-dual-v6addr-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-03-29

This document describes a derived PNAT mechanism that hosts do not
need IPv4 addresses, neither public, private nor faked IPv4 address.
PNAT solution was first proposed by Huang & Deng in [PNAT], which
provides application-level transparency for hosts in IPv4 and IPv6
hybrid environments via host-based IPv4/IPv6 translation technique. 

This specification addresses one of the PNAT scenarios where a host
is provided IPv6 only network connectivity. Two IPv6 addresses will
be assigned to a PNAT host. One is native IPv6 address, and the other
is a PNAT IPv6 address. In this case, IPv4- originated communications
still need to be translated into IPv6. However, the host does not
need to be assigned an IPv4 address. Instead, a PNAT IPv6 address
will take the place of the originally required IPv4 address.Two
formats of PNAT IPv6 address,4rd (IPv4 Rapid Deployment) address and
4rm (IPv4 Rapid Migration) address, are defined.

The advantage of the derived PNAT mechanism is that such IPv6 PNAT
host supports both IPv4 and IPv6 applications, with SIMPLICITY,
SCALABILITY and without worrying about any IPv4 address allocating
issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zheng-pnat-dual-v6addr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.