Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Bridge Out: Benchmarking Methodology Extensions for Data Center Bridging Devices
	Author(s)	: T. Player, D. Newman
	Filename	: draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2010-3-8
	
Existing benchmarking methodologies are based on the assumption that
   networking devices will drop network traffic at their performance
   limits.  Data Center Bridging (DCB) devices, however, will attempt to
   throttle network endpoints before those limits are reached in order
   to minimize the probability of frame loss in the network.  Hence,
   existing methodologies based around frame loss are inappropriate for
   DCB devices.  This document takes the basic benchmarking ideas based
   on loss and extends them to support "lossless" Ethernet devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.