Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework
	Author(s)       : M. Watson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2010-03-05

This document describes a framework for using forward error
correction (FEC) codes with applications in public and private IP
networks to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
supports applying Forward Error Correction to arbitrary packet flows
over unreliable transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or
streaming, media.  This framework can be used to define Content
Delivery Protocols that provide Forward Error Correction for
streaming media delivery or other packet flows.  Content Delivery
Protocols defined using this framework can support any FEC Scheme
(and associated FEC codes) which is compliant with various
requirements defined in this document.  Thus, Content Delivery
Protocols can be defined which are not specific to a particular FEC
Scheme and FEC Schemes can be defined which are not specific to a
particular Content Delivery Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.