Subject: I-D Action:draft-pkwok-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MAC Flush Loop Detection in VPLS
	Author(s)       : M. View, P. Dutta
	Filename        : draft-pkwok-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-03-07

MAC Address Withdrawal is a mechanism described in [RFC4762] to 
remove or unlearn MAC addresses that have been dynamically learned, 
for faster convergence. Failure of mechanisms that control loop free 
connectivity (e.g Split Horizon) among VPLS PE nodes may cause MAC 
Address Withdrawal messages looping among those nodes, leading to 
Denial of Service (DoS) or complete failure of control plane in the 
PE nodes. This document describes a mechanism to detect and prevent 
loops of MAC Address Withdrawal messages in a VPLS PE node on such 
failures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pkwok-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.