Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-bcast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP IGP Synchronization for broadcast networks
	Author(s)       : S. Kini, W. Lu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-bcast-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-03-22

LDP IGP Synchronization ([LDP-IGP-SYNC]) describes a mechanism to
 prevent black-holing traffic (e.g. VPN) when an interior gateway
 protocol (IGP) is operational on a link but Label Distribution
 Protocol (LDP) is not. If this mechanism is applied to broadcast
 links that have more than one LDP/IGP peer, the cost-out
 procedure can only be applied to the link as a whole but not an
 individual peer. When a new LDP peer comes up on a broadcast
 network, this can result in loss of traffic through other
 established peers on that network. This document describes a
 mechanism to address that use-case without dropping traffic. The
 mechanism does not introduce any protocol changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-bcast-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.