Subject: I-D Action:draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 02:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proposal for an extension to RTCP Receiver Report for Feedback Storm Suppression
	Author(s)       : W. Wu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-03-08

This document specifies an extension to the messages defined in the
Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback (AVPF) designed to allow
intermediate node to suppress the feedback implosion from the
receivers.  One of examples for feedback implosion is utilizing RTCP
NACK to request retransmission of the missing packets which may
result in NACK storm targeting to the same media sender.  This issue
can be addressed to define one new RTCP message, which is referred to
as the Feedback Storm Suppression receiver report and carries the
information regarding feedback suppression early indication events to
the receiver before the receiver detects an original packet loss and
all the packet loss repair methods are applied.  By using feedback
Suppression message together with RTCP based feedback message, the
delay for the receiver to recover from the packet loss can be reduced
and the risk of increasing network congestion can be mitigated or
diminished.  This document also registers a new RTCP receiver report
for Feedback Storm Suppression.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.