Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:45:05 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter IKEv2: Support for Interaction between IKEv2 Server and Diameter Server
	Author(s)       : V. Cakulev, A. Lior
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-03-08

The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) is a component
of the IPsec architecture and is used to perform mutual
authentication as well as to establish and to maintain IPsec security
associations (SAs) between the respective parties.  IKEv2 supports
several different authentication mechanisms, such as the Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates, and pre-shared secrets.

With [RFC 5778] the Diameter interworking for Mobile IPv6 between the
Home Agent, as a Diameter client, and the Diameter server has been
specified.  However, that specification focused on the usage of EAP
and did not include support for pre-shared secret based
authentication available with IKEv2.  This document therefore extends
the functionality offered by [RFC 5778] with pre-shared key based
authentication offered by IKEv2 when no EAP is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.