Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 08:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PCC-PCE Communication and PCE Discovery Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: E. Oki, J. Le Roux, K. Kumaki, A. Farrel, T. Takeda
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-11.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2010-2-26
	
The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path 
   computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label 
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks. 
    
   MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered client/server 
   networks. It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to 
   provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network  
   layers. PCE is a candidate solution for such requirements. 
    
   Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path 
   Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "PCE 
   Communication Protocol Generic Requirements". Generic requirements 
   for PCE discovery protocol are presented in "Requirements for Path 
   Computation Element (PCE) Discovery". 

   This document complements the generic requirements and presents 
   detailed sets of PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements and PCE 
   discovery protocol requirements for inter-layer traffic engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.