Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 05:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Flow Selection Techniques
	Author(s)       : L. Peluso, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-03-07

Flow selection is the process of selecting a subset of flows from all
flows observed at an observation point.  The objective of flow
selection is to reduce the effor for post-processing flow data and
for transfering flow records.  The flow selection process can be
enabled at different stages of the measurement process.  It can be
applied directly after classification or at recording/exporting time
by limiting the number of flows to be stored and/or exported to the
collecting process.  This document describes motivations for flow
selection and presents flow selection techniques.  It furthermore
provides an information model for configuring flow selection
techniques and discusses what information about a flow selection
process is beneficial to be exported by adopting a suitable
information model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.