Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-neighbor-inform-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interface Identifier Assignment in IPv6 SLAAC
	Author(s)       : S. Joshi, S. Ooghe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-neighbor-inform-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-03-22

This document proposes an optional mechanism as part of IPv6
Stateless Address Autoconfiguration for distribution of unique
interface identifiers to IPv6 hosts on a link.  Hosts can then use
these unique interface identifiers to generate unique autoconfigured
link local and global unicast addresses.

This mechanism is intended for use in networks where link layer
identifiers are used for generating interface identifiers and where
non unique link layer identifiers will result in duplicate link local
addresses.  An example of such network is Ethernet Broadband access
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-neighbor-inform-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.