Subject: I-D Action:draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NewPrep Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : M. Blanchet
	Filename        : draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-03-01

Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings requires preparation of
the string.  Internationalized Domain Names(idn) initial work defined
and used Stringprep and Nameprep.  Other protocols have defined
Stringprep profiles.  New approach different from Stringprep/Nameprep
is used for a revision of IDN.  This document summarize the
characteristics of both approach and provides guidance to protocol
designers for handling internationalized strings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.