Subject: I-D Action:draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Robust Configuration Management within NETCONF
	Author(s)       : R. Cole, et al.
	Filename        : draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-02.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2010-03-02

This document extends the capabilities of the NETCONF configuration
management protocol in order to standardize mechanisms to perform
sets of active tests (i.e., verification) against servers' running
configuration over a period of time to afford the client and server a
more robust and resilient configuration management capability.  This
is of value to commercial enterprise and public networks as well as
wireless emergency and military networks.  We accomplish this through
the definition of the new verify.yang module.  Servers supporting
this module will advertise this capability according to the YANG
specification.  We also explore the future alternatives for
developing these capabilities within the context of the existing
NETCONF protocol, the YANG modeling language and existing related
IETF, IEEE and ITU-T standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.