Subject: I-D Action:draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 07:15:03 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Listener Extensions for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 Fast Handovers
	Author(s)       : T. Schmidt, et al.
	Filename        : draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-03-05

Fast handover protocols for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 define mobility
management procedures that support unicast communication at reduced
handover latencies.  Fast handover base operations do not affect
multicast communication, and hence do not accelerate handover
management for native multicast listeners.  Many multicast
applications like IPTV or conferencing, though, are comprised of
delay-sensitive real-time traffic and could strongly benefit from
fast handover execution.  This document specifies extension of the
Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers (FMIPv6) and the Fast Handovers for Proxy
Mobile IPv6 (PFMIPv6) protocols to include multicast traffic
management in fast handover operations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.