Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-distributed-mobility-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed mobility management Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : D. Liu
	Filename        : draft-liu-distributed-mobility-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-03-01

Current mobility solutions normally introduce an anchor point in the
network, eg HA in MIPv6, LMA in PMIPv6, GGSN in 3GPP.  The anchor
point is used to maintain the mapping between the stable IP address
(eg Home address in MIPv6) and the current routable IP address (eg
CoA in MIPv6).  In the hierarchical architecture, since the anchor
point normally locates in the top of the hierarchical architecture,
there will no scalability issue.  But in the more flat architecture,
the anchor point will be much lower compared with hierarchical
architecture; this will introduce some issues if traditionally
mobility protocol is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-distributed-mobility-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.