Subject: I-D Action:draft-chakrabarti-6lowpan-ipv6-nd-simple-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 04:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery and Addressing Choices
	Author(s)       : S. Chakrabarti, E. Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-6lowpan-ipv6-nd-simple-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-03-01

IETF 6LoWPAN working group defines IPv6 over low-power personal area
network (IEEE 802.15.4).  IEEE 802.15.4 and other low-power wireless
networks have limited or no usage of broadcast or multicast signaling
due to energy conservation.  Besides the wireless nodes may not
strictly follow traditional concept of IP subnet and IP-links while
connecting nodes and routers.  This document describes simple
optimizations to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol(RFC4861), and
addressing mechanisms that are useful for small scale 6LoWPAN
networks in star and mesh topologies.

The optimizations include reducing the amount of Neighbor Discovery
multicast traffic and allowing for a single subnet to span multiple
routers in a "route-over" topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-6lowpan-ipv6-nd-simple-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.