Subject: I-D Action:draft-bryan-ftp-hash-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : FTP Extensions for Cryptographic Hashes
	Author(s)       : A. Bryan, T. Kosse
	Filename        : draft-bryan-ftp-hash-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-03-22

The specification for the File Transfer Protocol does not include
methods to obtain cryptographic hashes of files.  Cryptographic
hashes can be used to identify files and verify intregrity.
Unfortunately, because of the desire for this feature, multiple
commands that are not formally specified have been implemented in FTP
applications leading to non-interoperability and confusion.  This
specification documents an optional command where FTP clients can
request the cryptographic hash of a file from a FTP server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-ftp-hash-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.