Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)       : P. Dutta
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-03-07

[RFC4762] describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses  
that have been dynamically learned in a VPLS Instance for faster  
convergence on topology change. The procedure also removes MAC
 
addresses in the VPLS that do not require relearning due to such  
topology change. This document defines an extension to the MAC  
Address Withdrawal procedure with empty MAC List [RFC4762], which  
enables a Provider Edge(PE) device to remove only the MAC addresses 
that needs to be relearned.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.