Subject: I-D Action:draft-edwards-telnet-xon-xoff-state-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Xon/Xoff State Control for Telnet Com Port Control Option
	Author(s)       : G. Edwards
	Filename        : draft-edwards-telnet-xon-xoff-state-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-03-23

This document defines new values for use with the telnet com port
control option's SET-CONTROL sub-command defined in RFC2217.  These
new values provide a mechanism for the telnet client to control and
query the outbound Xon/Xoff flow control state of the telnet server's
physical serial port.  This capability is exposed in the serial port
API on some operating systems and is needed by telnet clients that
implement a port-redirector service which provides applications local
to the redirector/telnet-client with transparent access to the remote
serial port on the telnet server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-edwards-telnet-xon-xoff-state-control-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.