Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koike-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-maintenance-points-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: MPLS-TP OAM Maintenance Points
	Author(s)	: Y. Koike
	Filename	: draft-koike-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-maintenance-points-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2010-3-9
	
MPLS transport profile (MPLS-TP) is designed to enable carrier grade
   packet transport and complement converged packet network deployments.
   Among the most important features of MPLS-TP are comprehensive OAM
   functions which enable network operators or service providers to
   provide various kinds of service characteristics such as prompt fault
   location, substantial survivability, performance monitoring and
   preliminary or in-service measurements.

   For the realization of those features by the MPLS Transport Profile,
   the definition of the maintenance points at which OAM messages are
   initiated, terminated and processed is very important. Based on the
   MPLS-TP OAM requirements this document elaborates on and gives
   guidance about maintenance points in MPLS-TP networks.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koike-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-maintenance-points-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.