Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-netext-ll-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability Statement on Link Layer implementation/Logical Interface over Multiple Physical Interfaces
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-netext-ll-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-03-08

The NETLMM WG standardized Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) as [RFC5213].
PMIPv6 enables mobile devices to connect to a PMIPv6 domain and roam
across gateways without changing the IP address.  PMIPv6 also
provides limited multi-homing support to multi-mode mobile devices.

Proxy mobility is based on the assumption that changes in host IP
stacks are undesirable.  Link layer implementations can hide the
actually used physical interfaces from the IP stack.  These
techniques can be used to achieve inter-access technology handovers
or flow mobility, i.e., the movement of selected flows from one
access technology to another.  It is assumed that an IP layer
interface can simultaneously and/or sequentially attach to multiple
MAGs (possibly over multiple media).  This document provides an
informational applicability statement that analyzes the issues
involved with this approach (i.e. hiding access technology changes
from host IP layer) and characterizes the contexts in which such use
is or is not appropriate to achieve inter-access handovers or flow
mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-netext-ll-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.