Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Survivability Framework
	Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-04.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2010-03-08

Network survivability is the ability of a network to restore traffic
delivery following disruption or failure or degradation of network
resources.  Survivability is critical to the delivery of guaranteed
network services such as those subject to strict Service Level
Agreements (SLAs) that place maximum bounds on the length of time the
service may be degraded or unavailable.

The Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is a
packet transport technology based on the MPLS data plane and re-using
many aspects of the MPLS management and control planes.

This document provides a framework for the provision of survivability
in an MPLS-TP network, describing recovery elements, types, methods
and topological considerations.  Survivability may be supported by
control plane, management plane, and by Operations, Administration
and Maintenance (OAM) functions to achieve data plane recovery.  This
document describes mechanisms for protecting MPLS-TP Label Switched
Paths (LSPs).  Detailed consideration for the protection of
pseudowires in MPLS-TP networks is out of scope.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.