Subject: I-D Action:draft-hong-netext-hybrid-hnp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 01:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hybrid home network prefix for multihoming in PMIPv6
	Author(s)       : Y. Hong, J. Youn
	Filename        : draft-hong-netext-hybrid-hnp-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-03-08

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) supports multihoming where a mobile node
can connect to a PMIPv6 domain through multiple interfaces for
simultaneous access.  However, for an inter-technology handoff,
PMIPv6 does not allow simultaneous access since all the home network
prefixes associated with one interface are associated with another
interface of a mobile node.  In this document, we propose a hybrid
home network prefix assignment (HHNPA) scheme where both the static
prefix model and the dynamic prefix model are used for simultaneous
access.  The static prefix model is used within the general PMIPv6
domain.  On the other hand, the dynamic prefix model is employed for
inter-technology handoff.  That is, for IP session continuity during
inter-technology handoff, a dynamic prefix model is used on both
interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-netext-hybrid-hnp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.