Subject: I-D Action:draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:15:05 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
	Author(s)       : M. Waehlisch, et al.
	Filename        : draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-03-08

Group communication services are most efficiently implemented on the
lowest layer available.  However, as the deployment status of
multicast technologies largely varies throughout the Internet,
globally operational group solutions are frequently forced to using a
stable, upper layer protocol controlled by the application itself.
This document describes a common multicast API that is suitable for
transparent underlay and overlay communication.  It proposes abstract
naming and addressing by multicast URIs and discusses mapping
mechanisms between different namespaces and distribution
technologies.  Additionally, it describes the application of this API
for building gateways that interconnect current multicast domains
throughout the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.