Subject: I-D Action:draft-raszuk-ti-bgp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transport Instance BGP
	Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, K. Patel
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-ti-bgp-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-03-24

BGP4 protocol is a well established single standard of an inter-
domain routing and non-routing information distribution today.  For
many applications it is also the protocol of choice to disseminate
various application based information intra-domain.  It's popularity
and it's wide use has been effectively provided by it's reliable
transport, session protection as well as loop free build in
mechanism.

It has been observed in both intra-domain as well as inter-domain
applications that reliable information distribution is an extremely
desired tool for many services.  Introduction of Multiprotocol
Extensions to BGP even further attracted various sorts of new
information to be carried over BGP4.

The observation proves that amount and nature of information carried
by BGP increases and diverges from the original goal of
interconnection for IP Internet Autonomous Systems at a rather fast
pace.

This draft proposes BGP to divide information into two broad
categories: Internet routing critical and non Internet routing
critical that would also include information carried by BGP which is
not related directly to routing.  For the purpose of this document we
will refer to the latter case as second BGP instance.

This draft proposes that the current BGP infrastructure will continue
to be used to disseminate Internet routing related information while
non routing information or private routing data is recommended to be
carried by independent transport instance BGP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-ti-bgp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.