Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTN IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND)
	Author(s)       : D. Ellard, D. Brown
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-03-08

Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND), is
a method for otherwise oblivious nodes to learn of the existence,
availability, and addresses of other DTN participants.  IPND both
sends and listens for small IP UDP announcement "beacons."  Beacon
messages are addressed to an IP unicast, multicast, or broadcast
destination to discover specified remote neighbors, or unspecified
local neighbors in the topology, e.g. within wireless range.  IPND
beacons advertise neighbor availability by including the DTN node's
canonical endpoint identifier.  IPND beacons optionally include
service availability and parameters.  In this way, neighbor discovery
and service discovery may be coupled or decoupled as required.  Once
discovered, new neighbor pairs use advertised availabilities to
connect, exchange routing information, etc.  This document describes
DTN IPND.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.