Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mayutan-ledbat-congestionarchitecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LEDBAT architecture framework consisting of pluggable components
	Author(s)	: M. Arumaithurai, X. Fu, K. Ramakrishnan
	Filename	: draft-mayutan-ledbat-congestionarchitecture-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2010-3-1
	
   The Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT) working group is
   considering protocols for an alternative congestion control protocol
   that enables a delay-insensitive networking application to minimize
   the extra queueing delay it causes to other applications because of
   additional queueing at the bottleneck, when these connections
   carrying traffic for such applications attempt to use the available
   bandwidth.

   This document proposes an architectural framework for LEDBAT
   congestion control mechanisms, based on existing work on congestion
   control protocols and the requirements of the LEDBAT working group.
   The architectural framework consists of a LEDBAT-congestion control
   (LEDBAT-CC) suite that provides flexibility in utilizing different
   components for providing congestion control for transport connections
   carrying delay-insensitive traffic.  The LEDBAT-CC suite of protocols
   is envisioned to support the multiple alternative mechanisms for
   bandwidth estimation, congestion detection and indication and end-
   system flow control to comprise a network friendly congestion
   avoidance protocol.

   This document is inspired by the need to standardize the various
   components that constitute the network friendly congestion control
   protocol to avoid having to individually standardize a multitude of
   distinct and monolithic solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mayutan-ledbat-congestionarchitecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.