Subject: I-D Action:draft-leymann-mpls-seamless-mpls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 10:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Seamless MPLS Architecture
	Author(s)       : N. Leymann, et al.
	Filename        : draft-leymann-mpls-seamless-mpls-01.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-03-07

This documents describes an architecture which can be used to extend
MPLS networks to integrate access and aggregation networks into a
single MPLS domain ("Seamless MPLS").  The Seamless MPLS approach is
based on existing and well known protocols.  It provides a highly
flexible and a scalable architecture and the possibility to integrate
100.000 of nodes.  The separation of the service and transport plane
is one of the key elements; Seamless MPLS provides end to end service
independent transport.  Therefore it removes the need for service
specific configurations in network transport nodes (without end to
end transport MPLS, some additional services nodes/configurations
would be required to glue each transport domain.  This draft defines
a routing architecture using existing standardized protocols.  It
does not invent any new protocols or defines extensions to existing
protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leymann-mpls-seamless-mpls-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.