Subject: I-D Action:draft-melia-netext-flow-mob-solution-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proxy Mobile IPv6 extensions for flow mobility support
	Author(s)       : T. Melia, B. Mongazon-Cazavet
	Filename        : draft-melia-netext-flow-mob-solution-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-03-08

The Netext WG has been recently rechartered to determine what Proxy
Mobile IPv6 extensions are required for flow mobility support of a MN
implementing the single IP interface hiding mechanism.  This document
briefly introduces the single IP interface hiding mechanism and it
derives the associated protocol operations to enable seamless flow
mobility across multiple access networks.  These extensions are
intended to allow such mobile nodes to send and receive IP packets on
multiple physical media in a simultaneous and possibly discriminated
manner when attached to a PMIPv6 domain.  A typical usage of these
extensions is to perform downlink flow discrimination through
multiple interfaces based on filtering rules (i.e. dedicate one MN
physical media to VOIP traffic and another MN media to HTTP traffic).

The proposed extensions to PMIPv6 attempt to increment in a backward
compatible manner the current PMIPv6 specification.  In addition
these extensions use, when possible, existing specifications related
to multihoming support at IETF and conform to the problem statement
of Netext Working Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melia-netext-flow-mob-solution-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.