Subject: I-D Action:draft-duffield-ippm-burst-loss-metrics-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Loss Episode Metrics for IPPM
	Author(s)       : N. Duffield, et al.
	Filename        : draft-duffield-ippm-burst-loss-metrics-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-03-22

The IPPM Working Group has developed a one way packet loss metric
that measures the loss rate on a Poisson probe stream between two
hosts.  However, the impact of packet loss on applications is in
general sensitive not just to the average loss rate, but alsoto the
way in which packet losses are distributed in loss episodes (i.e.,
maximal sets of consecutively lost probe packets).  This draft
defines one-way packet loss episode metrics, specifically the
frequency and average duration of loss episodes, and a probing
methodology under which the loss episode metrics are to be measured.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duffield-ippm-burst-loss-metrics-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.