Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
	Author(s)       : P. Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 180
	Date            : 2010-03-08

This document defines the core features of the Extensible Messaging
and Presence Protocol (XMPP), a technology for streaming Extensible
Markup Language (XML) elements for the purpose of exchanging
structured information in close to real time between any two or more
network-aware entities.  XMPP provides a generalized, extensible
framework for incrementally exchanging XML data, upon which a variety
of applications can be built.  The framework includes methods for
stream setup and teardown, channel encryption, authentication of a
client to a server and of one server to another server, and
primitives for push-style messages, publication of network
availability information ("presence"), and request-response
interactions.  This document also specifies the format for XMPP
addresses, which are fully internationalizable.

This document obsoletes RFC 3920.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.