Subject: I-D Action:draft-whittle-ivip-drtm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DRTM - Distributed Real Time Mapping for Ivip and LISP
	Author(s)       : R. Whittle
	Filename        : draft-whittle-ivip-drtm-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-03-06

Distributed Real Time Mapping (DRTM) is intended for Ivip, but may be
useful for other Core-Edge Separation solutions to the routing
scaling problem, such as LISP.  End-user networks - or other
organizations they appoint - control the mapping of each or their one
or more micronets (ranges of "edge" space with a single mapping) via
sending commands to the organizations from whom they lease this
space.  This is conveyed to all ITRs which need it in "real-time"
such as a second or two, globally.  There is no need for any single
set of servers to handle all the mapping updates, or to store all the
mapping databases for all the MABs (Mapped Address Block) of "edge"
space.  Networks with ITRs use purely caching Resolving query servers
(QSRs), in contrast to previous Ivip arrangements which required them
to run a query server which contained the real-time updated full
mapping database for all MABs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-whittle-ivip-drtm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.