Subject: I-D Action:draft-livingood-web-notification-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Example of an ISP Web Notification System
	Author(s)       : C. Chung, et al.
	Filename        : draft-livingood-web-notification-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-03-05

The objective of this document is to describe one method of providing
notifications to web browsers that has been deployed by Comcast, a
large Internet Service Provider (ISP).  Such a notification system
can be used by an ISP to provide near-immediate notifications to
their users, such as to warn them that their traffic exhibits
patterns that are indicative of malware or virus infection, for
example.  There are many proprietary systems that can perform such
notifications on the market today, some of which use inline-based
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) systems.  This document describes one
example of such a system that does not rely upon DPI systems, and is
instead based in open standards and open source systems.  While the
system described herein is in some ways specific to the Data-Over-
Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS) networks used by most
cable-based broadband ISPs, components and concepts described in this
document can generally be applied to many different types of
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-livingood-web-notification-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.