Subject: I-D Action:draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Real-time text interworking between PSTN and IP networks
	Author(s)       : G. Hellstrom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-03-08

IP networks can support real-time text communication.  SIP-based
real- time text is called Text-over-IP or ToIP.  PSTN networks
support real-time text using textphones (or TTYs).  When real-time
text is supported by different networks, gateways are needed to
provide interoperability.  Real-time text capable gateways may also
support real-time voice.

This specification describes procedures for interworking between ToIP
and PSTN textphones using a real-time text capable gateway (RTT
gateway).  It also describes ways to route calls to RTT gateways for
several call scenarios.

Procedures that support the phased introduction of RTT gateways and
procedures that support the invocation of text channels at any time
during the call are included.  Interworking of PSTN textphones that
do not support simultaneity of voice and text with IP User Agents
that support simultaneous voice and text is also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.