Subject: I-D Action:draft-wei-isis-tlv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : New TLV for Purge Packet in Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol
	Author(s)       : T. Li, J. Dong
	Filename        : draft-wei-isis-tlv-02.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-03-07

At present the purge packet does not contain information of the 
source Intermediate System (IS) generating it.  Thus under the 
circumstance of purge packet propagation, it is difficult to 
traceback and locate the source IS. 

To address the problem, this document proposes to add a new TLV in 
purge packet to record the system ID of the IS generating it.  This 
TLV should not be changed in purge packets sent by other ISs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wei-isis-tlv-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.