Subject: I-D Action:draft-flinck-lisp-membertest-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Membership test for Mapping Information optimization
	Author(s)       : H. Flinck
	Filename        : draft-flinck-lisp-membertest-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-03-01

This document defines how a membership test can be used to convey all
or some of the EID-to-RLOC mappings from an Egress Tunnel Router to
requesting Ingress Tunnel Router.  This draft proposes that an
authoritative ETR MAY return a group membership test in the LISP Map-
Reply Message that indicates if a given EID is served by the ETR.
The membership test is implemented as a Bloom filter.  A Bloom filter
is compact data structure to represent a set of elements.  The
membership test "aggregates" EIDs beyond prefix based aggregation.
Membership test decreases the load of the mapping system and
distributes the EID-to-RLOC resolution between an ITR and an ETR.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-flinck-lisp-membertest-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.