Subject: I-D Action:draft-livingood-web-notification-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Example of an ISP Web Notification System
	Author(s)       : C. Chung, et al.
	Filename        : draft-livingood-web-notification-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-03-29

The objective of this document is to describe one method of providing
notifications to web browsers that has been deployed by Comcast, an
Internet Service Provider (ISP).  Such a notification system can be
used by an ISP to provide near-immediate notifications to their
users, such as to warn them that their traffic exhibits patterns that
are indicative of malware or virus infection, for example.  There are
other proprietary systems that can perform such notifications but
these systems utilize Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology.  This
document describes one example of a system that does not rely upon
DPI, and is instead based in open standards and open source
applications.  While the system described herein is in some ways
specific to the Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications
(DOCSIS) networks used by most cable-based broadband ISPs, components
and concepts described in this document could generally be applied to
many different types of networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-livingood-web-notification-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.