Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-netext-ll-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability Statement on Link Layer implementation/Logical Interface over Multiple Physical Interfaces
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-netext-ll-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-03-01

The NETLMM WG standardized Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6).  PMIPv6
enables mobile devices to connect to a PMIPv6 domain and roam across
gateways without changing the IP address.  PMIPv6 also provides
limited multi-homing support to multi-mode mobile devices.

Proxy mobility is based on the assumption that changes in host IP
stacks are undesirable.  However, link layer implementations can hide
the actually used physical interfaces from the IP stack.  These
techniques can be used to achieve inter-access handovers or flow
mobility, i.e., the movement of selected flows from one access
technology to another.  It is assumed that an IP layer interface can
simultaneously and/or sequentially attach to multiple MAGs (possibly
over multiple media).  This document provides an informational
applicability statement that analyzes the issues involved with this
approach and characterizes the contexts in which such use is or is
not appropriate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-netext-ll-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.