Subject: I-D Action:draft-lha-des-die-die-die-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Deprecate DES support for Kerberos
	Author(s)       : L. Astrand
	Filename        : draft-lha-des-die-die-die-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-03-25

A long long time ago DES was standardized.  Some 30 years later
(2003) is was withdrawn as a standard by NIST, today 6 years later,
its time for DES to finally die.  By 2008 it was possible to brute
force DES keys in 6.4 days using less than USD 10k worth of hardware.
So by 2008 DES had passed its sell-by date.  Use in Kerberos should
therefore stop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lha-des-die-die-die-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.