Subject: I-D Action:draft-teint-xidna-base-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extending Internationalised Domain Names in Applications to Other Protocols (X-IDNA)
	Author(s)       : N. Teint
	Filename        : draft-teint-xidna-base-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-03-23

Prior to Internationalised Domain Names in Applications (IDNA), there
has been no standard method for domains, names, addresses and similar
identifiers to use characters outside the ASCII repertoire.  This
still applies to many identifiers that are no domain names, such as
email addresses (local-part), newsgroup names, etc.

This document extends the mechanism defined in IDNA to other
protocols and their identifiers.  As with IDNA, these identifiers may
be drawn from a large repertoire (Unicode) and are mapped to
backward-compatible identifiers using only ASCII characters.

For valid domain names, X-IDNA produces the same encoding as IDNA,
even when these domain names are embedded in other addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-teint-xidna-base-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.