Subject: I-D Action:draft-ivov-sipxmpp-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Possible Best Practices for Authentication of SIP+ XMPP Clients
	Author(s)       : E. Ivov, E. Marocco
	Filename        : draft-ivov-sipxmpp-auth-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-03-02

This document discusses several mechanisms for simplifying
authentication of dual-stack SIP+XMPP clients against the
corresponding SIP and XMPP services.  The text is not attempt to
define a complex credential sharing protocol but rather to determine
and eventually encourage use of a simple mechanism that would allow
service providers to host a SIP+XMPP solution appearing as a single
service to their users.  In other words, the goal here is to agree on
a set of recommendations that would encourage client developers to
implement simple UIs that would only require users to provide an ID
and a password when configuring their SIP+XMPP account for the first
time (as opposed to having to do so separately for SIP and XMPP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ivov-sipxmpp-auth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.