Subject: I-D Action:draft-stiemerling-alto-load-reduction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Server Load Reduction
	Author(s)       : M. Stiemerling, S. Kiesel
	Filename        : draft-stiemerling-alto-load-reduction-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-03-01

Traffic localization for peer-to-peer applications is currently
discussed by the IETF ALTO working group.  The protocol specification
itself is discussed and some issues about load reduction for ALTO/P4P
servers are also discussed, but mainly on the transport level (i.e.,
caching of traffic localization data) and some data aggregation by
using macros that comprise a number of IP prefixes.  However, there
are no considerations about reducing the query load to the ALTO
server.  This memo aims at giving informational guidance to P2P
applications implementers on how reduce the query load for ALTO.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-alto-load-reduction-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.