Subject: I-D Action:draft-winterbottom-ecrit-direct-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ECRIT Direct Emergency Calling
	Author(s)       : J. Winterbottom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-winterbottom-ecrit-direct-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-03-07

The specified IETF emergency services architecture puts a strong
emphasis on emergency call and emergency messaging via the Voice
Service Provider (VSP) / Application Service Provider (ASP).  There
are two reasons for this design decision: The call routing via the
VSP/ASP is more natural as it follows the standard communication
pattern and transition deployments assume non-updated end hosts.

As the deployment of the Location-to-Service Translation protocol
progresses there are possibilities for upgraded end devices to
directly communicate with the IP-based emergency services network
without the need to interact with a VSP/ASP, which simplifies the
task of regulators as the involved parties are within the same
jurisdiction.

This memo describes the procedures and operations of a generic
emergency calling client utilizing the available building blocks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-ecrit-direct-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.