Subject: I-D Action:draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-6man-udpzero-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 UDP Checksum Considerations
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, M. Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-6man-udpzero-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-03-22

This document examines the role of the transport checksum when used
with IPv6, as defined in RFC2460.  It presents a summary of the
trade-offs for evaluating the safety of updating RFC 2460 to permit
an IPv6 UDP endpoint to use a zero value in the checksum field to
indicate that no checksum is present.  The document describes issues
and design principles that need to be considered and provides
recommendations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-6man-udpzero-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.