Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-sip-antispam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extensions for Blocking VoIP Spam Using PSTN Validation
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, C. Jennings
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-sip-antispam-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-03-07

Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (ViPR) is a new technique
for inter-domain federation of SIP calls.  ViPR makes use of a the
PSTN as an introduction mechanism to verify the correctness of
mappings from phone numbers to domains.  The PSTN introduction
mechanism can also be used as a techqnique for blocking spam - a SIP
caller is only authorized when they're calling domain has previously
called that same number over the PSTN.  This document describes an
extension to SIP which enables authorization of SIP calls based on a
prior PSTN introduction.

Legal

This documents and the information contained therein are provided on
an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION THEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-sip-antispam-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.