Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pre-Congestion Notification Encoding Comparison
	Author(s)       : K. Chan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2010-03-08

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a link-specific and load-
dependent packet marking mechanism for Differentiated Services
networks.  The packet markings are evaluated by egress nodes of PCN
domains and the result is used for admission control and flow
termination decisions.  Two different types of markings have been
defined.  This document gives a summary of the marking requirements,
the constraints to encode them in the current IP header (version 4
and above), and it explains why the PCN WG currently supports
different encoding schemes for PCN marking.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.