Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RMD-QOSM - The Resource Management in Diffserv QOS Model
	Author(s)	: A. Bader, L. Westberg, G. Karagiannis, C. Kappler, H. Tschofenig, T. Phelan, A. Takacs, A. Csaszar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-17.txt
	Pages		: 112
	Date		: 2010-3-23
	
This document describes an NSIS QoS Model for networks that use the 
   Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD) concept.  RMD is a technique 
   for adding admission control and pre-emption function to 
   Differentiated Services (Diffserv) networks.  The RMD QoS Model 
   allows devices external to the RMD network to signal reservation 
   requests to edge nodes in the RMD network. The RMD Ingress edge nodes
   classify the incoming flows into traffic classes and signals resource
   requests for the corresponding traffic class along the data path to 
   the Egress edge nodes for each flow.  Egress nodes reconstitute the 
   original requests and continue forwarding them along the data path 
   towards the final destination. In addition, RMD defines notification 
   functions to indicate overload situations within the domain to the 
   edge nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.