Subject: I-D Action:draft-kern-ccamp-intermediate-node-config-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use cases and alternatives for configuring intermediate nodes using RSVP-TE
	Author(s)       : A. Kern, A. Takacs
	Filename        : draft-kern-ccamp-intermediate-node-config-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-03-01

Lately, a few use-cases have been identified where, besides path
setup, specific configuration of intermediate nodes is required for
the establishment of an LSP with its associated functions.  Today,
RSVP-TE is not supporting the selective configuration of intermediate
nodes; hence extensions are required to equip RSVP-TE with such a
capability.  In this document we summarize the use-cases and their
requirements and sketch alternative solutions to configure
intermediate nodes.  Since one of the main issues with intermediate
node configuration is the introduction of potential scaling problems,
we included scalability in our analysis.  This document does not
specify any extensions; its sole purpose is to foster discussion on
the subject.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kern-ccamp-intermediate-node-config-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.