Subject: I-D Action:draft-espi-ietf-mipshop-profmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 05:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proactive Route Optimization for FMIPv6
	Author(s)       : J. Espi, R. Atkinson
	Filename        : draft-espi-ietf-mipshop-profmipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-03-23

The Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) protocol was developed
from the experience of MIPv6 and the facilities provided by link
layer triggers, allowing for a proactive approach to handover that
minimises packet exchange delay and packet loss.  On completion of
handover, the mobile node engages MIPv6 procedures in to update the
Home Agent with the mobile node's new location.  Subsequently, the
mobile node may carry out Return Routability with the correspondent
node(s) for route optimization.  However, this method leaves scope to
optimize handover delays derived from the signalling message
exchange.

This document proposes an enhancement to FMIPv6, the Proactive Route
Optimization for FMIPv6 (PRO-FMIPv6) protocol, which aims to further
reduce the signalling load thereby improving the overall performance
of the handover process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-espi-ietf-mipshop-profmipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.