Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-softwire-sam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) for Softwire-Lite Solutions
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-sam-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2010-03-01

Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) is a generic mechanism which permits,
in a number of new scenarios, to easily establish tunnels for packets
of some address family to traverse domains where this family is not
directly routed (softwires).  It generalizes address mapping
principles of already deployed technologies such as 6to4, ISATAP, and
6rd, where encapsulations of IP over IP are used for point-to-
multipoint tunnels (mesh softwires).

Identified use cases of SAM include native IPv6 across IPv4 NATs,
IPv6 multihoming with provider-aggregatable prefixes, public IPv4
across IPv6-only domains and, to mitigate consequences of the IPv4
address shortage, extended IPv4 prefixes for statically shared IPv4
public addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-sam-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.