Subject: I-D Action:draft-malas-dispatch-sip-egress-route-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SIP Egress Route Use in ENUM
	Author(s)       : D. Malas
	Filename        : draft-malas-dispatch-sip-egress-route-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-03-01

In some cases a UA (or proxy) within a Session Initiation Protocol
[RFC3261] Service Provider (SSP) has multiple parallel egress proxy
options to reach an ingress proxy within another SSP to reach the
target UA.  If the originating SSP uses ENUM to identify the ingress
proxy of the target SSP, there is currently no way for the ENUM NAPTR
response to identify a specific preferred egress proxy from the set
of multiple parallel proxies.  This draft solves this problem by
defining a method for returning deterministic routing information
within an ENUM NAPTR response enabling the UA (or proxy) to choose a
preferred egress proxy.  Using this information, the originating UA
now sends the SIP request through the predetermined preferred egress
proxy to reach the target SSP's proxy.  This document describes
several methods to make this determination by incorporating variables
into a SIP service URI contained in the E.164 Number Mapping (ENUM)
response.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-dispatch-sip-egress-route-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.