Subject: I-D Action:draft-picconi-alto-p2p-streaming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ISP-friendly peer-to-peer live streaming
	Author(s)       : F. Picconi, L. Massoulie
	Filename        : draft-picconi-alto-p2p-streaming-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-03-01

The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) service aims at
providing applications with information about the network to optimize
their traffic. Peer-to-peer (P2P) live streaming is one of such
 applications which can benefit from ALTO. We have recently designed a
new scheme to minimize inter-domain traffic in P2P live streaming
applications without impacting video quality. In this draft we
briefly describe our solution, and we discuss the implications of the
type of information provided by the ALTO service on overlay
construction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-picconi-alto-p2p-streaming-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.