Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 02:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Splicing for MPEG2-TS Problem Statement in RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : J. Xia
	Filename        : draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-03-01

The base splicing related protocols, i.e., Digital Program Insertion
Splicing API [SCTE30] and Digital Program Insertion Cueing Message
for Cable [SCTE35], only take into account how to insert the content
(e.g. spot advertisements of various lengths, program substitution,
public service announcements etc.) into any MPEG-2 Output Multiplex
in the Splicer and how to carry notification of upcoming Splicing and
other timing information in the transport stream, but not give enough
mechanisms to direct underlying transport protocol such as RTP how to
work compatibly with the spliced MPEG2-TS.  This memo highlights the
issues of what's the impact on RTP layer when performing splicing
between the primary channel and the insertion channel.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.