Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Splicing for MPEG2-TS Problem Statement in RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : J. Xia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-04-20

The base MPEG2-TS splicing related protocols, i.e., Digital Program
Insertion Splicing API [SCTE30] and Digital Program Insertion Cueing
Message for Cable [SCTE35], only take into account how to insert the
content (e.g., spot advertisements of various lengths, program
substitution, public service announcements, etc) into any MPEG2-TS
output multiplex on the splicer , as well as how to carry
notification of upcoming splicing and other timing information in the
transport stream, but not give enough mechanisms to direct the
underlying transport protocol such as RTP how to compatibly work with
the MPEG2-TS splicing.  This memo highlights the issues of what's the
impact on RTP and RTCP when performing splicing between the primary
channel and the insertion channel.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.