Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NSIS Operation Over IP Tunnels
	Author(s)       : C. Shen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-10.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-04-18

NSIS QoS signaling enables applications to perform QoS reservation
along a data flow path.  When the data flow path contains IP tunnel
segments, NSIS QoS signaling has no effect within those tunnel
segments and the resulting QoS-untended tunnel segments could become
the weakest QoS link which may invalidate the QoS efforts in the rest
of the end-to-end path.  The problem with NSIS signaling within the
tunnel is caused by the tunnel encapsulation which masks packets'
original IP header fields.  Those original IP header fields are
needed to intercept NSIS signaling messages and classify QoS data
packets.  This document defines a solution to this problem by mapping
end-to-end QoS session requests to corresponding QoS sessions in the
tunnel, thus extending the end-to-end QoS signaling into the IP
tunnel segments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.