Subject: I-D Action:draft-fuxh-ccamp-multi-stage-multiplex-config-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirement for Multi Stages Multiplexing Configuration in G.709 Optical Transport Network
	Author(s)       : X. Fu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-fuxh-ccamp-multi-stage-multiplex-config-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-04-27

Interworking between regions with 1.25G TS and 2.5G TS has been
considered in G.709.  Multi stages multiplexing/demultiplexing would
be desirable to facilitate the introduction of new ODU0 and ODUflex
signals to an existing network without having to upgrade every node
in the network.  So ODU0/ODUflex can be mapped into ODU1/ODU2/ODU3
and transit across the 2.5G TS region.

Multi stages multiplexing/demultiplexing are also used to support the
multi-domain OTN applications based on the tunnel design.  If there
are a large number of circuits that share the same endpoints (or even
part of an overall path), it may be convenient from a management
perspective to first multiplex those ODU0, ODU1 and ODUflex into ODU2
or ODU3 to minimize the number of connections that need to be made in
intermediate nodes.  The ODU2/ODU3 effectively creates a tunnel
through the ODU4 network that the ODU0, ODU1 and ODUflex can use.

This document describes the requirement for multi stages multiplexing
configuration for gateway network elements that are located at a
domain boundary in G.709 Optical Transport Network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fuxh-ccamp-multi-stage-multiplex-config-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.