Subject: I-D Action:draft-farrel-mpls-tp-recommendation-review-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IETF Expectations of Participation in Development and Review of ITU-T Recommendations on MPLS-TP
	Author(s)       : A. Farrel, S. Bryant
	Filename        : draft-farrel-mpls-tp-recommendation-review-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-04-01

The decision to develop a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) in cooperation between the IETF and the
ITU-T is documented in RFC 5317 as the report of the Joint Working
Team on MPLS-TP. As part of this development process, the
International Telecommunication Union - Telecommunication
Standardisation Sector (ITU-T) will develop a number of
Recommendations. Those Recomendations will allow MPLS-TP to be
integrated with current transport equipment and networks, including,
in agreement with the IETF, the definition of any ITU-T-specific
functionality within the MPLS-TP architecture via the Change Process
for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
Protocols and Procedures.

This document sets out the IETF's expectations of how the IETF,
through individual participation and through consensus decisions,
will contribute to in the development, review, and approval of those
Recommendations.

This document does not modify any existing ITU-T or IETF procedures,
but shows how those procedures can be used to facilitate cooperation
for the MPLS-TP project.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-tp-recommendation-review-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.