Subject: I-D Action:draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Generic Multiparty Transport Protocol (swift)
	Author(s)       : V. Grishchenko
	Filename        : draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-04-12

The swift is a generic multiparty (swarming) transport protocol.

The TCP, today's dominating transport protocol, is connection/
conversation-oriented. But traffic-wise, the currently dominating
usecase is content dissemination. There is a multitude of
incompatible approaches to resolve that discrepancy above/below the
transport layer: peer-to-peer, CDN, caches, mirrors, multicast, etc.
The swift aims at creating a single unified content-centric transport
protocol serving as a lingua-franca of content distribution.
To implement that ultimate data cloud model, the protocol has to
unify use cases of data download, video-on-demand and live streaming.
It must work in the settings of client-server, peer-to-peer, CDN or
peer-assisted networks, effectively blending those architectures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.