Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTN Bundle Age Block for Expiration without UTC
	Author(s)       : D. Brown, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-04-28

As originally specified, [RFC5050] presumes that any DTN node will
have access to accurate real world time.  Experience has shown that
there are devices and networks where accurate real world time is
difficult or impossible to consistently obtain.

This draft proposes an extension block that contains the current age
of a bundle in order to support bundle expiration for nodes and
networks that have faulty, intermittent, or no notion of the real
world time.  Bundle age may be used to expire bundles by a Bundle
Protocol Agent which does not have access to accurate real world
time.  The Age must be updated at each hop in order to maintain
accuracy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.