Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gg-udt-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: UDT: UDP-based Data Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: Y. Gu
	Filename	: draft-gg-udt-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2010-4-12
	
This document describes UDT, or the UDP based Data Transfer protocol. 
UDT is designed to be an alternative data transfer protocol for the 
situations when TCP does not work well. One of the most common cases, 
and also the original motivation of UDT, is to overcome TCP's 
inefficiency in high bandwidth-delay product (BDP) networks. Another 
important target use scenario is to allow networking researchers, 
students, and application developers to easily implement and deploy 
new data transfer algorithms and protocols. Furthermore, UDT can also 
be used to better support firewall traversing. 
    
UDT is completely built on top of UDP. However, UDT is connection 
oriented, unicast, and duplex. It supports both reliable data 
streaming and partial reliable messaging. The congestion control 
module is an open framework that can be used to implement and/or 
deploy different control algorithms. UDT also has a native/default 
control algorithm based on AIMD rate control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gg-udt-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.