Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-sha2b-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA and SHA based HMAC and HKDF)
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Hansen
	Filename	: draft-eastlake-sha2b-00.txt
	Pages		: 127
	Date		: 2010-4-13
	
   This document is an update of [RFC4634] to fix errata and to add code
   for an HMAC-based extract-and-expand key derivation function.

   The United States of America has adopted a suite of secure hash
   algorithms (SHAs), including four beyond SHA-1, as part of a Federal
   Information Processing Standard (FIPS), specifically SHA-224,
   SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.  The purpose of this document is to
   make open source code performing the SHA hash functions conveniently
   available to the Internet community. The sample code supports input
   strings of arbitrary bit length. Much of the text herein was adapted
   by the authors from FIPS 180-2.

   As with [RFC4634], code to perform SHA based HMACs is included and,
   new in this version, code for HKDF is included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-sha2b-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.