Subject: I-D Action:draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advanced Groupware Access Protocol
	Author(s)       : I. Radu
	Filename        : draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 74
	Date            : 2010-04-20

The Advanced Groupware Access Protocol, (AGAP) allows a client to
access and store electronic mail messages, contacts, events, files,
and configurations on a server.  The electronic mail messages can be
grouped in folders.  AGAP also provides the capability for an offline
client to resynchronize with the server.

AGAP does not specify a means of posting electronic mail messages;
this function is handled by a mail transfer protocol such as SMTP
[RFC2821].  It also does not specify a means for exchanging messages
with contacts that are reported as being online; this function is
handled by an instant messaging protocol such as XMPP [RFC3921].

AGAP includes the following operations for electronic mail messages:
creating, deleting, renaming, moving and coping mail folders;
checking for new messages; permanently removing messages; moving and
coping messages between folders; fetching information about a
message; setting and clearing tags for messages; searching in
messages; retrieving only a part of a message; marking messages as
spam; deleting attachments from a message.

AGAP includes the following operations to manipulate the contacts:
creating, deleting, moving, coping, tagging, and searching contacts;
checking if a contact is online; fetching information about a
contact.

AGAP includes the following operations related to the use of the
events: creating, deleting, moving, coping and tagging events in
calendar; fetching events details; searching for events.

All entries are read and written in format XML encoded UTF-8
[RFC3629] and each entry is identified by a unique alphanumeric
identifier.

AGAP is designed to support access only to a single server per
connection.  It is also designed to balance the volume of text
exchanged between the server and clients and its readability by
humans for debugging.Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF).  Note that other groups may also distribute
working documents as Internet-Drafts.  The list of current Internet-
Drafts is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/current/.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

This Internet-Draft will expire on October 22, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2010 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the Simplified BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.