Subject: I-D Action:draft-hu-flow-label-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Survey of proposed use cases for the IPv6 flow label
	Author(s)       : Q. Hu, B. Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-hu-flow-label-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-04-18

The IPv6 protocol includes a flow label in every packet header, but
it is not used in practice.  This paper describes the flow label
standard and discusses the implementation issues that it raises.  It
then describes various published proposals for using the flow label,
and shows that most of them are inconsistent with the standard.
Methods to address this problem are briefly reviewed.  We also
question whether the standard should be revised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-flow-label-cases-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.