Subject: I-D Action:draft-chen-bv-codec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BroadVoice Speech Codecs
	Author(s)       : J. Chen, J. Thyssen
	Filename        : draft-chen-bv-codec-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-04-29

BroadVoice(R) [bv-website] is a family of two open-source speech 
codecs suitable for Voice over IP (VoIP) applications.  It is 
designed to achieve high speech quality with relatively low 
complexity and a very low coding delay.  BroadVoice consists of two 
variants: a 16 kb/s narrowband codec for 8 kHz sampling called 
BroadVoice16, or BV16, and a 32 kb/s wideband codec for 16 kHz 
sampling called BroadVoice32, or BV32.  BV16 and BV32 are standard 
codecs of PacketCable(TM), SCTE(R), and ANSI for VoIP applications 
in cable telephony, and they are also listed as optional codecs in 
the ITU-T Recommendations J.161 and J.361, respectively.  This 
document describes the BV16 and BV32 speech codecs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-bv-codec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.