Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "The use of the OAM Acronym in MPLS-TP"
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-04-30

At first glance the acronym "OAM" seems to be well known and well
understood.  Looking at the acronym a bit more closely reveals a set
of recurring problems that are revisited time and again.  The goal of
this document is to find an understanding of the OAM acronym that is
useful for the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) effort.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF Consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.