Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-resman-idna2008-mappings-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Mapping Characters in IDNA2008
	Author(s)	: P. Resnick, P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-resman-idna2008-mappings-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2010-4-13
	
In the original version of the Internationalized Domain Names in
   Applications (IDNA) protocol, any Unicode code points taken from user
   input were mapped into a set of Unicode code points that "made
   sense", and then encoded and passed to the domain name system (DNS).
   The IDNA2008 protocol presumes that the input to the protocol comes
   from a set of "permitted" code points, which it then encodes and
   passes to the DNS, but does not specify what to do with the result of
   user input.  This document describes the actions that can be taken by
   an implementation between user input and passing permitted code
   points to the new IDNA protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-resman-idna2008-mappings-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.