Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Benchmarking Power usage of networking devices
	Author(s)	: V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2010-5-23
	
With the rapid growth of networks around the globe there is an ever
   increasing need to improve the energy efficiency of devices.
   Operators begining to seek more information of power consumption in
   the network, have no standard mechanism to measure, report and
   compare power usage of different networking equipment under different
   network configuration and conditions exist.

   This document provides suggestions for measuring power usage of live
   networks under different traffic loads and various switch router
   configuration settings.  It provides a suite which can be deployed on
   any networking device .

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.