Subject: I-D Action:draft-rekesh-ipvlanswitching-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP-based VLAN switching for Network Services Virtualization
	Author(s)       : J. Rekesh, S. Addepalli
	Filename        : draft-rekesh-ipvlanswitching-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-05-17

The objective of this document is to define and formalize the use of
IP-based VLAN switching in the context of virtualization of network
services. Networking infrastructure appliances may host multiple
virtual instances of network services. IP address inspection on a
packet coming from an external network such as the Internet can be
used to switch the packet into a VLAN, through use of VLAN tags on
Ethernet frames. The tagged frame is subsequently fed to a VLAN-aware
networking infrastructure appliance where the packet is directed to a
virtualized service instance. This method of IP-based VLAN switching
on a packet assists in hosting multiple virtual instances of network
services on servers and other appliances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rekesh-ipvlanswitching-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.