Subject: I-D Action:draft-sun-alto-notification-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Server nofitification mechanism for ALTO optimization
	Author(s)       : A. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sun-alto-notification-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-05-19

The cooperation between Internet application and network enhances not
only the efficiency of network transportation but also the experiences
of end users. To design the information exchanging protocol and
architecture that facilitate such cooperation is the objective of
Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) working group.

Currently, ALTO protocol adopts an efficient query/response message
based on the prevalent http protocol. However, such protocol cannot
support rapid dispatch of ALTO information. Noted that many scenarios
require the updated network information to be dispatched to clients as
soon as possible, such as when part of the network is congested, when a
new policy is to be deployed urgently, or when unexpected network
maintenance is required. To tackle such problem, this draft proposed a
server notification extension to the original query/response mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-alto-notification-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.