Subject: I-D Action:draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 09:15:08 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Saratoga: A Scalable File Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)       : L. Wood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-05.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2010-05-08

This document specifies the Saratoga transfer protocol.  Saratoga was
originally developed to efficiently transfer remote-sensing imagery
from a low-Earth-orbiting satellite constellation, but is useful for
many other scenarios, including ad-hoc peer-to-peer communications,
delay-tolerant networking, and grid computing.  Saratoga is a simple,
lightweight, content dissemination protocol that builds on UDP, and
optionally uses UDP-Lite.  Saratoga is intended for use when moving
files or streaming data between peers which may have only sporadic or
intermittent connectivity, and is capable of transferring very large
amounts of data reliably under adverse conditions.  The Saratoga
protocol is designed to cope with highly asymmetric link or path
capacity between peers, and can support fully-unidirectional data
transfer if required.  In scenarios with dedicated links, Saratoga
focuses on high link utilization to make the most of limited
connectivity times, while standard congestion control mechanisms can
be implemented for operation over shared links.  Loss recovery is
implemented via a simple negative-ack ARQ mechanism.  The protocol
specified in this document is considered to be appropriate for
experimental use on private IP networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.