Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : May 14, 2010 Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit
	Author(s)       : P. Muley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2010-05-14

This document describes a mechanism for standby status signaling of 
redundant pseudowires (PWs) between their termination points. A set 
of redundant PWs is configured between provider edge (PE) nodes in 
single-segment pseudowire (SS-PW) applications, or between 
terminating provider edge (T-PE) nodes in multi-segment pseudowire 
(MS-PW) applications.  

In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use 
for forwarding PW packets to one another, a new status bit is needed 
to indicate a preferential forwarding status of active or standby for 
each PW in a redundant set.  

In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE nodes to 
coordinate a switchover operation of the PW.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.