Subject: I-D Action:draft-seite-netext-dma-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dynamic Mobility Anchoring
	Author(s)       : P. Seite, P. Bertin
	Filename        : draft-seite-netext-dma-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-05-18

Most existing IP mobility solutions are derived from Mobile IP
principles where a given mobility anchor maintains Mobile Nodes (MNs)
binding up-to-date.  Data traffic is then encapsulated between the
mobility anchor and the MN or its Access Router.  These approaches
are usually implemented on a centralised architectures where both MN
context and traffic encapsulation need to be processed at a central
network entity, i.e. the mobility anchor.  However, one of the trend
in mobile network evolution is to "flatten" mobility architecture by
confining mobility support in the access network, e.g. at the access
routers level, keeping the rest of the network unaware of the
mobility events and their support.  This document discusses the
deployment of a Proxy Mobile IP approach in such a flat architecture.
The solution allows to dynamically distribute mobility functions
among access routers.  The goal is also to dynamically adapt the
mobility support of the MN's needs by applying traffic redirection
only to MNs' flows when an IP handover occurs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seite-netext-dma-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.