Subject: I-D Action:draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ZRTP: Media Path Key Agreement for Unicast Secure RTP
	Author(s)       : P. Zimmermann, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-20.txt
	Pages           : 111
	Date            : 2010-05-11

This document defines ZRTP, a protocol for media path Diffie-Hellman
exchange to agree on a session key and parameters for establishing
unicast Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions for VoIP
applications.  The ZRTP protocol is media path keying because it is
multiplexed on the same port as RTP and does not require support in
the signaling protocol.  ZRTP does not assume a Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) or require the complexity of certificates in end
devices.  For the media session, ZRTP provides confidentiality,
protection against man-in-the-middle (MiTM) attacks, and, in cases
where the signaling protocol provides end-to-end integrity
protection, authentication.  ZRTP can utilize a Session Description
Protocol (SDP) attribute to provide discovery and authentication
through the signaling channel.  To provide best effort SRTP, ZRTP
utilizes normal RTP/AVP profiles.  ZRTP secures media sessions which
include a voice media stream, and can also secure media sessions
which do not include voice by using an optional digital signature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-20.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.