Subject: I-D Action:draft-pritikin-comp-x509-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Compressed X.509 Certificate Format
	Author(s)       : D. McGrew, M. Pritikin
	Filename        : draft-pritikin-comp-x509-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-05-11

This note defines the Compressed X.509 Format (CXF), a compact format
for X.509 certificates and CRLs, and a way to translate between the
compact format and standard X.509 encoding.  The translation consists
of the lossless compression algorithm DEFLATE with a particular
predefined dictionary.  Protocol bindings for TLS and IKE are
designated.

This format is useful in a constrained environment, where bandwidth
and/or storage is low, and it preserves interoperability with
standards-compliant X.509 certificates and the systems for
certificate processing, issuance, and management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pritikin-comp-x509-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.