Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Throughput Testing Methodology
	Author(s)       : B. Constantine, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-05-03

This memo describes a methodology for measuring sustained TCP 
throughput performance in an end-to-end managed network environment.  
This memo is intended to provide a practical approach to help users 
validate the TCP layer performance of a managed network, which should 
provide a better indication of end-user application level experience.  
In the methodology, various TCP and network parameters are identified 
that should be tested as part of the network verification at the TCP 
layer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.