Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metric in Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks
	Author(s)       : W. Sun, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2010-05-27

When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
completion of signaling process may be used by applications as
indication that data path has become usable.  The existence of this
delay and the possible failure of cross connection programming, if
not properly treated, will result in data loss or even application
failure.  Characterization of this performance can thus help
designers to improve the application model and to build more robust
applications.  This document defines a series of performance metrics
to evaluate the availability of data path in the signaling process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.