Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Transport Protocol Port Number and Service Name Registry
	Author(s)       : M. Cotton, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-06.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2010-05-26

This document defines the procedures that the Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority (IANA) uses when handling registration and other
requests related to the transport protocol port number and service
name registry.  It also discusses the rationale and principles behind
these procedures and how they facilitate the long-term sustainability
of the registry.

This document updates IANA's procedures by obsoleting Sections 8 and
9.1 of the IANA allocation guidelines [RFC2780], it updates the IANA
allocation procedures for UDP-Lite [RFC3828], DCCP [RFC4340] and SCTP
[RFC4960], it updates the DNS SRV specification [RFC2782] to clarify
what a service name is and how it is registered.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.