Subject: I-D Action:draft-gnawali-roll-etxof-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 14:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The ETX Objective Function for RPL
	Author(s)       : O. Gnawali, P. Levis
	Filename        : draft-gnawali-roll-etxof-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-05-23

The ETX metric of a wireless link is the expected number of
transmissions required to successfully transmit and acknowledge a
packet on the link.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
Networks (RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct
routes that optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.
This specification describes ETXOF, an objective function that
minimizes ETX.  The RPL path computation using ETXOF results in
minimum-ETX paths from the nodes to the DAG roots, i.e., paths that
minimize the number of packet transmissions for packet delivery from
nodes in the network to the DAG root.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gnawali-roll-etxof-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.