Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Flexible DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation in Mobile Networks
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-05-10

As interest on IPv6 deployment is increasing in cellular networks
several migration issues are being raised and IPv6 prefix management
is the one addressed in this document.  Based on the idea that DHCPv6
servers can manage prefixes, we address prefix management issues such
as the access router offloading delegation and release tasks of the
prefixes to a DHCPv6 server using DHCPv6 PD.  The access router first
requests a prefix for an incoming mobile node from the DHCPv6 server.
The access router may next assign an address to the mobile node, e.g.
with a Router Advertisement message.  We also describe prefix
management issues such as allocating variant IPv6 prefixes to the
fixed nodes connected to the Internet with a cellular link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.