Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dimitri-ospf-phased-db-sync-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Phased OSPF Link-State Database Synchronization 
	Author(s)	: D. Papadimitriou
	Filename	: draft-dimitri-ospf-phased-db-sync-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2010-5-23
	
       Opaque Link-State Advertisements (LSA) extend the topological 
       link state of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF). The information 
       contained in Opaque LSA may be used directly by OSPF or 
       indirectly by some application wishing to distribute information 
       throughout the OSPF domain. However the Link-State Database 
       (LSDB) synchronization process is kept unified, i.e., there is  
       no messaging or processing allowing to order the exchanges in 
       the link state database synchronization process. We call this 
       ordering, phasing of logically segmented LSDB into Opaque and 
       non-Opaque. The motivation is to prevent delaying reaching Full 
       state whereas synchronizing over the entire LSDB would delay 
       full adjacency establishment. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dimitri-ospf-phased-db-sync-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.