Subject: I-D Action:draft-hunt-avt-monarch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Monitoring Architectures for RTP
	Author(s)       : G. Hunt, P. Arden
	Filename        : draft-hunt-avt-monarch-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-05-18

This memo proposes an architecture for extending RTCP with a new RTCP
XR (RFC3611) block type to report new metrics regarding media
transmission or reception quality, as proposed in
draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines (work in progress [replace with RFC
number]).  This memo suggests that a new block should contain a
single metric or a small number of metrics relevant to a single
parameter of interest or concern, rather than containing a number of
metrics which attempt to provide full coverage of all those
parameters of concern to a specific application.  Applications may
then "mix and match" to create a set of blocks which covers their set
of concerns.  Where possible, a specific block should be designed to
be re-usable across more than one application, for example, for all
of voice, streaming audio and video.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hunt-avt-monarch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.