Subject: I-D Action:draft-jones-sip-options-ping-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using OPTIONS to Query for Operational Status in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : V. Bhargava, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jones-sip-options-ping-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-05-04

This document describes a procedure for using the OPTIONS method
defined for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in order to allow
one SIP entity to query the status of another SIP entity.  Through
discovery of the status of a SIP entity, it is possible to expedite
session establishment or provide diagnostic information to network
administrators.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-sip-options-ping-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.