Subject: I-D Action:draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 22:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using HMAC-authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
	Author(s)       : P. Gutmann
	Filename        : draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-05-16

This document specifies the conventions for using HMAC-authenticated
encryption with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) authenticated-
enveloped-data content type.  This mirrors the use of HMAC combined
with an encryption algorithm that's already employed in IPsec, SSL/
TLS, and SSH, which is widely supported in existing crypto libraries
and hardware, and has been extensively analysed by the crypto
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.