Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-include-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Include Extension
	Author(s)       : C. Daboo, A. Stone
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-include-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-06-28

The Sieve Email Filtering "include" extension permits users to
include one Sieve script inside another.  This can make managing
large scripts or multiple sets of scripts much easier, and allows a
site and its users to build up libraries of scripts.  Users are able
to include their own personal scripts or site-wide scripts.

Change History (to be removed prior to publication as an RFC)

Changes from ietf-03 to ietf-04:

a.  No changes.

Changes from ietf-02 to ietf-03:

a.  Setting a variable then calling global on it is an error

 (something like 'use strict').

b.  Specify that the 'global' keyword is only available when

 'variables' has also been required.

c.  Uploading a script that includes a nonexistent script is not an

 error at upload time.

Changes from ietf-01 to ietf-02:

a.  Require that script names must be constant strings, not subject

 to variable expansion.

b.  Try the phrase immediate script instead of current script.

c.  Clarify that "global 'varname'" and "global.varname" refer to the

 same variable.

d.  Drop the requirement the global keywords come after require and

 before anything else.

Changes from ietf-00 to ietf-01:

a.  Replaced import/export with global.

b.  Added :once modifier to include.

c.  Added global namespace to see if it holds water.

Changes from daboo-06 to ietf-00:
a.  None

Changes from -05 to -06:

a.  Aaron Stone joins as author.

b.  Removed | characters from the script examples.

c.  Updated draft references to published RFCs.

Changes from -04 to -05:

a.  Fixed examples.

b.  Relaxed requirement that imported/exported variables be set

 before being used.

Changes from -03 to -04:

a.  Fixed missing 2119 definitions.

b.  Defined interaction with variables through use of import and

 export commands.

Changes from -02 to -03:

a.  Refreshing expired draft (updated for nits).

b.  Syntax -> Usage.

c.  Updated to 3028bis reference.

Changes from -01 to -02:

a.  Minor formatting changes only - refreshing expired draft.

Changes from -00 to -01:

a.  Added IPR boiler plate.

b.  Re-ordered sections at start to conform to RFC style.

c.  Moved recursion comment into General Considerations section.

d.  Switched to using optional parameter to indicate personal vs

 global.
e.  Explicitly state that an error occurs when a missing script is

 included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-include-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.