Subject: I-D Action:draft-von-hugo-multimob-future-work-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 02:45:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evaluation of further issues on Multicast Mobility: Potential future work for WG MultiMob
	Author(s)       : D. von Hugo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-von-hugo-multimob-future-work-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-06-11

The WG MultiMob aims at defining a basic mobile multicast solution
leveraging on network localized mobility management, i.e.  Proxy
Mobile IPv6 protocol.  The solution would be basically based on
multicast group management, i.e.  IGMP/MLD, proxying at the access
gateway.  If such a basic solution is essential from an operational
point of view, challenges with efficient resource utilization and
user perceived service quality still persist.  These issues may
prevent large scale deployments of mobile multicast applications.

This document attempts to identify topics for near future extension
of work such as modifying multimob base solution, PMIPv6 and MLD/
IGMP for optimal multicast support, and adaptation of Handover
optimization.  Far future items such as extending to and modifying
of MIPv4/v6 and DSMIP, sender (source) mobility, consideration of
multiple flows and multihoming will be dealt with in a future
version.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-future-work-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.