Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Third-Party Authorization Label
	Author(s)       : L. header, et al.
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-06-21

A third party authorization label (TPA-Label) is a DNS-based prefix
for DKIM ADSP records that allow domains in the From header to
authorize acceptable third-party signatures.  This scheme allows
autonomously and unilaterally authorizations for a range of third-
party domains using scalable, individual DNS transactions.  The
extended scope of DKIM signing practice assertions supplant more
difficult to administer transparent authorization schemes.
Alternatives for facilitating third-party authorizations currently
necessitate coordination between two or more domains to synchronously
set up selector/key DNS records, DNS zone delegations, and/or a
regular exchange of public/private keys.

Checking TPA-Label Resource Records for signing practices may
infrequently occur when a message is not compliant with a restrictive
ADSP polices where an Author Domain Signature is either missing or
invalid.  When a third-party signature is found, TPA-Label Resource
Record transactions offer an efficient means for Author Domains to
authorize specific third-party signing domains.  Recipients are
afforded a method to determine whether authorization exists in
situations where other modes of authorization are impractical.  TPA-
Label Resource Records permit Author Domain a means to selectively
influence message handling, for messages otherwise lacking valid
Author Domain signatures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.