Subject: I-D Action:draft-loreto-http-timeout-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Timeouts
	Author(s)       : S. Loreto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-loreto-http-timeout-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-06-08

A Timeout header is defined for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).
This end-to-end header informs an origin server and any
intermediaries of the maximum time that a client will await a
response to its request.  A server can use this header to ensure that
a timely response is generated.  This also identifies requests as
being potentially long-lived, and allows for better resource
allocation for these requests.

A Connection-Timeout header is defined for HTTP.  This hop-by-hop
header informs the entity at the other end of a connection of the
maximum time that an idle connection is kept open.  This header
improves reliability by providing better information about the idle
connection management policy of HTTP hosts.

Comments and feedback for this draft should be directed to the
authors and the Apps Discuss list ([email-masked]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-http-timeout-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.