Subject: I-D Action:draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Architecture
	Author(s)       : R. Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-06-29

This memo describes a new namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and
a new protocol layer, the Host Identity Protocol, between the
internetworking and transport layers.  Herein are presented the
basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
how a new namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of this
new namespace in the protocols are defined.

This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.