Subject: I-D Action:draft-presuhn-rfc2482-historic-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Deprecating Language Tag Characters: RFC 2482 is Historic
	Author(s)       : K. Whistler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-presuhn-rfc2482-historic-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-06-14

RFC 2482, Language Tagging in Unicode Plain Text, described a
mechanism for using special Unicode language tag characters to
identify languages when needed without more general markup such as
that provided by XML.  The Unicode Consortium has deprecated that
facility and strongly recommends against its use.  RFC 2482 should be
moved to Historic to reduce the possibility that Internet
implementers would consider that system an appropriate mechanism for
identifying languages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-presuhn-rfc2482-historic-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.