Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-core-coap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-06-07

This document specifies the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP),
a specialized transfer protocol for use with constrained networks and
nodes for machine-to-machine applications such as smart energy and
building automation.  These constrained nodes often have 8-bit
microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while networks
such as 6LoWPAN often have high packet error rates and typical
throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  CoAP provides request/reply and
subscribe/notify interaction models between application end-points,
supports built-in resource discovery, and includes key web concepts
such as URIs and RESTful methods.  CoAP easily translates to HTTP for
integration with the web while meeting specialized requirements such
as multicast support, very low overhead and simplicity for
constrained environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-coap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.