Subject: I-D Action:draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Using BGP for Auto-discovery and Signaling
	Author(s)       : K. Kompella, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-06-23

Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs) based on Frame Relay or ATM
circuits have been around a long time; more recently, Ethernet VPNs,
including Virtual Private LAN Service, have become popular.
Traditional L2VPNs often required a separate Service Provider
infrastructure for each type, and yet another for the Internet and IP
VPNs.  In addition, L2VPN provisioning was cumbersome.  This document
presents a new approach to the problem of offering L2VPN services
where the L2VPN customer's experience is virtually identical to that
offered by traditional Layer 2 VPNs, but such that a Service Provider
can maintain a single network for L2VPNs, IP VPNs and the Internet,
as well as a common provisioning methodology for all services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.