Subject: I-D Action:draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Ring Protection
	Author(s)       : Y. Weingarten, et al.
	Filename        : draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2010-06-28

This document presents an applicability statement to address the
requirements for protection of ring topologies for Multi-Protocol
Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Label Switched Paths
(LSP) on multiple layers.  The MPLS-TP Requirements document [TPReqs]
specifies specific criteria for justification of dedicated protection
mechanism for particular topologies, including optimizing the number
of OAM entities needed, minimizing the number of labels for
protection paths, minimzing the number of recovery elements in the
network, and minimizing the number of control and management
transactions necessary.  The document proposes a methodology for ring
protection based on existing MPLS-TP survivability mechanisms,
without the need of specification of new constructs or protocols.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.