Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 01:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Call Completion for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : D. Worley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-06.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-06-25

The call completion features allow the calling user of a failed call
to be notified when the called user becomes available to receive a
call.

For the realization of a basic solution without queueing call-
completion requests, this document references the usage of the the
dialog event package [RFC4235] as described as 'automatic redial' in
[RFC5359].

For the realization of a more comprehensive solution with queueing
call-completion requests, this document introduces an architecture
for implementing these features in the Session Initiation Protocol:
"Call completion" implementations associated with the caller's and
callee's endpoints cooperate to place the caller's request for call
completion into a queue at the callee's endpoint, and, when a
caller's request is ready to be serviced, re-attempt the original,
failed call.

The deployment of a certain SIP call-completion solution is also
dependent on the needed level of interoperability with existing call-
completion solutions in other networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.