Subject: I-D Action:draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improved DNS Server Selection for Multi-Homed Hosts
	Author(s)       : T. Savolainen
	Filename        : draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-06-07

A multi-homed host may receive DNS server configuration information
from multiple physical and/or virtual network interfaces.  In split
DNS scenarios some DNS servers have information others do not have.
When the multi-homed host needs to utilize DNS, it has to select
which of the servers to contact to.  This document describes a policy
based method for selecting DNS server for both forward and reverse
DNS lookup procedures with help of DNS suffix and IPv6 prefix
information received via DHCPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.