Subject: I-D Action:draft-fang-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 02:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Operator Considerations on MPLS-TP OAM Mechanisms
	Author(s)       : H. Li, et al.
	Filename        : draft-fang-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-06-07

Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is
based on a profile of the MPLS and pseudo wire (PW) procedures as
specified in the MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE), pseudo wire (PW)
and multi-segment PW (MS-PW) architectures complemented with
additional Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
procedures for fault, performance and protection-switching management
for packet transport applications that do not rely on the presence of
a control plane.

This document is intended to explain the criticality of progressing
the essential suite of MPLS-TP OAM solution elements in order to meet
the urgent and increasing requirements for metro packet transport
networks. It describes examples of key packet transport network
applications for several operators, reviews associated MPLS-TP
service provider requirements, and analyzes MPLS-TP OAM solution
approaches that have been submitted to the IETF.  Based upon this, it
is recommended that the solution elements described in draft-bhh-
mpls-tp-oam-y1731 [6] be included within the MPLS-TP toolkit for
supporting MPLS-TP OAM Functions, and that the draft be progressed as
a Standards Track RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fang-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.