Subject: I-D Action:draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): Server Side Current Time Matching - Matching Rules and Syntaxes
	Author(s)       : D. Pluta, W. Hommel
	Filename        : draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-06-23

This document extends the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
(LDAP) to support server side current time matching.

Matching of time-stamp attribute values against an LDAP server's
current time offers advantages for example in case third party
products' LDAP client configuration directives (e.g.  LDAP filter
statements) do not offer support to dynamically rewrite/replace a
filter's assertion value for each request.  Using the matching rules
defined in this document the client is able to provide a constant
matching rule assertion value to trigger the server side comparison
of the given/stored 'Generalized Time' syntax based attribute value
against the LDAP server's current time.

Therefore this document specifies four matching rules and two
dedicated assertion syntaxes to be used in conjuntion with the well
known 'Generalized Time' syntax based attribute values.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.