Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NSIS Operation Over IP Tunnels
	Author(s)       : C. Shen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-11.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-06-02

NSIS Quality of Service (QoS) signaling enables applications to
perform QoS reservation along a data flow path.  When the data flow
path contains IP tunnel segments, NSIS QoS signaling has no effect
within those tunnel segments and the resulting QoS-untended tunnel
segments could become the weakest QoS link which may invalidate the
QoS efforts in the rest of the end-to-end path.  The problem with
NSIS signaling within the tunnel is caused by the tunnel
encapsulation which masks packets' original IP header fields.  Those
original IP header fields are needed to intercept NSIS signaling
messages and classify QoS data packets.  This document defines a
solution to this problem by mapping end-to-end QoS session requests
to corresponding QoS sessions in the tunnel, thus extending the end-
to-end QoS signaling into the IP tunnel segments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.