Subject: I-D Action:draft-eggert-core-congestion-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Congestion Control for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
	Author(s)       : L. Eggert
	Filename        : draft-eggert-core-congestion-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-06-23

The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a simple, low-
overhead, UDP-based protocol for use with resource-constrained IP
networks and nodes.  CoAP defines a simple technique to individually
retransmit lost messages, but has no other congestion control
mechanisms.  This document motivates the need for additional
congestion control mechanisms, and defines some simple strawman
proposals.  The goal is to encourage experimentation with these and
other proposals, in order to determine which mechanisms are feasible
to implement on resource-constrained nodes and are effective real
deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eggert-core-congestion-control-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.