Subject: I-D Action:draft-azinger-cidrv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CIDR for IPv6: Address Aggregation, Allocation, and Assignment Strategy
	Author(s)       : M. Azinger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-azinger-cidrv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-06-29

This document discusses strategies for assigning and aggregating IPv6
address space.  While CIDR was created to help alleviate this problem
in regards to IPv4 addresses with the original [RFC1519] (and updated
in [RFC4632]) we are now in need of a similar document to give
direction for IPv6 addressing policies.  Similarly, [RFC1518]
discussed how to use CIDR to allocate address space for IPv4, and
[RFC1887] discusses the subject for IPv6.  The objective here is to
update these documents and provide the best current guidance on how
to manage address space in conjunction with managing the growth of
routing tables in an IPv6 world.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-azinger-cidrv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.