Subject: I-D Action:draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : xNAME RCODE and Status Bits Clarification
	Author(s)       : D. Eastlake 3rd
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-06-05

The Domain Name System (DNS) has long provided means, such as CNAME
(Canonical Name), where a query can be redirected to a different
name. A DNS response header has an RCODE (Response Code) field, used
for indicating errors, and response status bits. This document
clarifies, in the case of such redirected queries, how the RCODE and
status bits correspond to the initial query cycle (where the CNAME or
the like was detected) and subsequent or final query cycles.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.