Subject: I-D Action:draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Clarification of DNS SRV Owner Names
	Author(s)       : O. Gudmundsson, A. Hoenes
	Filename        : draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-06-30

The DNS SRV record has been specified in RFC 2052 and RFC 2782 for
use in dynamic service discovery for a domain.  These two RFCs did
not clearly specify an IANA registry for the names of the services
and their underlying protocols.  This document clarifies RFC 2782
regarding the formation and use of the Service Prefix in the owner
name of SRV records, based on the unified IANA registry for "Service
Names and Transport Protocol Port Numbers".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.