Subject: I-D Action:draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Minimum Rank Objective Function with Hysteresis
	Author(s)       : O. Gnawali, P. Levis
	Filename        : draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-06-14

Hysteresis delays the effect of changes in link metric on parent
selection.  Such delay makes the topology stable despite jitters in
link metrics.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
(RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct routes that
optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.  This
specification describes MRHOF, an objective function that minimizes
the node rank in terms of a given metric, while using hysteresis to
prevent excessive rank churn.  The use of MRHOF with RPL results in
nodes selecting stable paths that minimize the given routing metric
to the DAG roots.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.