Subject: I-D Action:draft-toutain-6lowpan-ra-suppression-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 02:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery Suppression
	Author(s)       : L. Toutain, et al.
	Filename        : draft-toutain-6lowpan-ra-suppression-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-06-30

We propose to strongly reduce the usage of Neighbor Discovery in WSN
by ignoring the global IPv6 prefix inside the WSN.  The IPv6 prefix
will be added (resp. removed) by the Border Router during the header
decompression (resp. compression).  This proposal has three main
advantages: (i) reduce the number of exchanges inside the WSN, (ii)
reduce the time needed by a sensor node to join the WSN (this is
important when sensors are moving inside the WSN) and finally (iii)
simplify multi-homing management.  This document also studies the
impact of this proposal on different architectures (star, mesh, route
over) with LOWPAN_IPHC Encoding Format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-toutain-6lowpan-ra-suppression-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.