Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-purge-tlv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Purge Originator Identification TLV for IS-IS
	Author(s)       : F. Wei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-purge-tlv-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-06-15

At present an IS-IS purge does not contain any information
identifying the Intermediate System (IS) that generates the purge.
This makes it difficult to locate the source IS.

To address this issue, this document defines a TLV to be added to
purges to record the system ID of the IS generating it.  Since normal
LSP flooding does not change LSP contents, this TLV should propagate
with the purge.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-purge-tlv-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.