Subject: I-D Action:draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proposal for an extension to RTCP Receiver Report for Feedback Storm Suppression
	Author(s)       : W. Wu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-06-09

This document specifies an extension to the RTCP messages defined in
the Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback (AVPF) designed to allow
intermediate node of the network side to suppress the feedback
implosion from the receivers.  An example of feedback implosion is
NACK storm, i.e., a large number of RTCP NACK messages used to
request retransmission of the missing packets going to the same media
sender.  The Feedback Storm Suppression receiver report is used to
carry the information regarding feedback suppression early indication
events to the receiver before the receiver detects an original packet
loss and all the packet loss repair methods are applied and filtering
of unnecessary feedback messages when the receivers have already send
out packet loss requests.  By using feedback Suppression message
together with filter mechanism, the delay for the receiver to recover
from the packet loss can be reduced and the risk of increasing
network congestion can be mitigated.  This document also registers
two new RTCP receiver reports for Feedback Storm Suppression.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-avt-retransmission-supression-rtp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.