Subject: I-D Action:draft-penno-alto-cdn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO and Content Delivery Networks
	Author(s)       : R. Penno, et al.
	Filename        : draft-penno-alto-cdn-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-06-04

Networking applications can request through the ALTO protocol
information about the underlying network topology from the ISP or
Content Provider (henceforth referred as Provider) point of view.  In
other words, what a Provider prefers in terms of traffic optimization
-- and a way to distribute it.  The ALTO Service provides information
such as preferences of network resources with the goal of modifying
network resource consumption patterns while maintaining or improving
application performance.

A main use case of the ALTO Service is its integration with of
Content Delivery Networks (CDN).  In this document we describe the
deployment scenarios and considerations for a ALTO Service in the
case of CDNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-penno-alto-cdn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.