Subject: I-D Action:draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 00:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Legacy NAT Traversal for IPv6: Simple Address Mapping for Premises Legacy Equipment (SAMPLE)
	Author(s)       : B. Carpenter, S. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-06-07

IPv6 deployment is delayed by the existence of millions of subscriber
network address translators (NATs) that cannot be upgraded to support
IPv6.  This document specifies a mechanism for traversal of such
NATs.  It is based on an address mapping and on a mechanism whereby
suitably upgraded hosts behind a NAT may obtain IPv6 connectivity via
a stateless server, known as a SAMPLE server, operated by their
Internet Service Provider.  SAMPLE is an alternative to the Teredo
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-softwire-sample-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.