Subject: I-D Action:draft-stewart-natsupp-tsvwg-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address Translation Support
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename        : draft-stewart-natsupp-tsvwg-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-06-29

Stream Control Transmission Protocol [RFC4960] provides a reliable
communications channel between two end-hosts in many ways similar to
TCP [RFC0793].  With the widespread deployment of Network Address
Translators (NAT), specialized code has been added to NAT for TCP
that allows multiple hosts to reside behind a NAT and yet use only a
single globally unique IPv4 address, even when two hosts (behind a
NAT) choose the same port numbers for their connection.  This
additional code is sometimes classified as Network Address and Port
Translation or NAPT.  To date, specialized code for SCTP has NOT yet
been added to most NATs so that only pure NAT is available.  The end
result of this is that only one SCTP capable host can be behind a
NAT.

This document describes an SCTP specific chunks and procedures to
help NAT's provide similar features of NAPT in the single point and
multi-point traversal scenario.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-natsupp-tsvwg-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.