Subject: I-D Action:draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use of Multipath with MPLS-TP and MPLS
	Author(s)       : C. Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-06-29

Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
networks.  MPLS-TP has discouraged the use of multipath techniques.
Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be avoided when
operating over current high bandwidth multipath implementations.

The tradeoffs involved in using multipath techniques with MPLS and
MPLS-TP are described.  Requirements are discussed which enable full
MPLS-TP compliant LSP including full OAM capability to be carried
over MPLS LSP which are traversing multipath links.  Other means of
supporting MPLS-TP coexisting with MPLS and multipath are discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.