Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery Optimization for Low-power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-10.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2010-06-17

The IETF 6LoWPAN working group defines IPv6 for low-power and lossy
networks (LLNs) such as IEEE 802.15.4.  This and other similar link
technologies have limited or no usage of multicast signaling due to
energy conservation.  In addition, the wireless network may not
strictly follow traditional concept of IP subnets and IP links.  IPv6
Neighbor Discovery was not designed for non-transitive wireless
links.  The traditional IPv6 link concept and heavy use of multicast
make the protocol inefficient and sometimes impractical in a low
power and lossy network.  This document describes simple
optimizations to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, addressing mechanisms and
duplicate address detection for 6LoWPAN and similar networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.