Subject: I-D Action:draft-laganier-mext-lone-home-binding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mobile IPv6 Lone Home Binding
	Author(s)       : J. Laganier, G. Giaretta
	Filename        : draft-laganier-mext-lone-home-binding-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-07-02

RFC5648 extends MIPv6 with the ability for a Mobile Node to register
Multiple Care-of Addresses with its Home Agent and Correspondent
Node(s).  RFC 5648 also introduces the notion of a Home Binding that
is essentially a binding on the Home Link, where the Care-of Address
is set to the Home Address of the Mobile Node.  A Mobile Node uses
such a Home Binding together with one or more Multiple Care-of
Address binding(s) to be able to use simultaneously both the Home
Link and one or more visited link(s).  The description of the Home
Binding in a section of RFC 5846 entitled "Returning Home:
Simultaneous Home and Visited Link Operation" seems to imply that a
Home Binding can only be legitimately created while returning home
and maintaining simultaneous bindings on one or more visited link(s).
There is however no specific reason to prevent creation of such a
Home Binding when the Mobile Node is only attached to the Home Link
and does not have any interface attached to a visited link.
Moreover, there is a specific use case for the creation of such a
Lone Home Binding.  This specification explicits the use case for
creation of a Lone Home Binding, and clarifies the protocol behavior
of Mobile IPv6 nodes (Mobile Node, Home Agent, Correspondent Node)
involved with its creation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-mext-lone-home-binding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.