Subject: I-D Action:draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP based Virtual Private Multicast Service Auto-Discovery and Signaling
	Author(s)       : R. Aggarwal, et al.
	Filename        : draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-07-12

A Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Pseudowire (PW) is a mechanism that
emulates the essential attributes of a unidirectional P2MP
Telecommunications service such as P2MP ATM over a Packet Switched
Network (PSN). One of the applicabilities of a P2MP PW is to deliver
a Layer 2 multicast service, that carries multicast frames (encoded
using Layer 2 or IP mechanisms) from a multicast source to one or
more multicast receivers.

[RFC4664] describes a number of different ways in which sets of PWs
may be combined together into "Provider Provisioned Layer 2 VPNs" (L2
PPVPNs, or L2VPNs), resulting in a number of different kinds of
L2VPN. P2MP PWs enable a L2VPN to provide a Virtual Private Multicast
Service (VPMS), which may be in addition to the Virtual Private Wire
Service (VPWS) offered by the L2VPN. A VPMS is a L2VPN service that
provides point-to-multipoint connectivity traffic to customers.

VPMS framework and requirements are described in [VPLS-REQ].  One of
the VPMS requirements is auto-discovery. This document describes how
procedures outlined in [VPLS-MCAST] can be used for auto-discovery
(A-D) in VPMS using BGP. This document also describes BGP based
procedures for P2MP PW signaling for VPMS that may be used when BGP
is used for VPMS auto-discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-p2mp-pw-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.