Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of Managed Objects for Performance Reporting
	Author(s)       : R. Cole, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-00.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes objects for configuring autonomous report
generation on any device that supports MIBs containing counter and
gauge objects for performance monitoring.  This allows a management
station to instruct a device to build off-line reports to be
collected asynchronously by the management station.  Further, this
REPORT-MIB can be configured in a proxy configuration where the
report generation is performed on a device in close network proximity
to the device containing the referenced counter objects.  Hence, this
capability allows network operators to reduce the SNMP polling
traffic burden on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Disruption Tolerant Networks
which is typical of SNMP performance management applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.