Subject: I-D Action:draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secure naming structure and p2p application interaction
	Author(s)       : C. Dannewitz, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-07-05

Many P2P applications use their own way to identify and address data
relying on host centric addressing, limiting the access to the same
data on potentially multiple locations for multiple P2P applications.
There are potential benefits in providing a generic way to identify
and address data so that multiple P2P systems can use the same data
regardless of data location.  The proposed secure naming structure
provides a potential way to address these challenges with a common
naming structure for all data and different needs.  The additional
feature of the proposal is securing the way data is addressed such
that the receiver has the possibility to verify that the correct data
is received.  The secure naming structure should be beneficial as
potential design principle in defining the two protocols identified
as objectives in the PPSP charter.  This document enumerates a number
of design considerations to impact the design and implementation of
the tracker-peer signaling and peer-peer streaming signaling
protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.