Subject: I-D Action:draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VPLS PE Model for E-Tree Support
	Author(s)       : Y. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-07-12

The feasibility of VPLS as a general E-Tree solution is discussed. A 
VPLS Provider Edge(PE) model for the E-Tree support is also proposed. 
In this model, a Tree VSI and its PW processing is introduced which 
can provide connectivity with dual VLANs for an E-Tree service. MAC 
address based Ethernet forwarding engine works in the same way as 
before in this architecture. As VLAN mapping may be needed in the 
Ethernet PW for better scalability, control signaling needed for the 
VLAN mapping is also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.