Subject: I-D Action:draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
	Author(s)       : R. Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-02.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-07-26

This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
Diet EXchange (HIP DEX).  HIP DEX is a variant of the HIP Base
EXchange (HIP BEX) [RFC5201-bis] specifically designed to use as few
crypto primatives as possible yet still deliver the same class of
security features as HIP BEX.

The design goal of HIP DEX is to be usable by sensor devices that are
code and processor constrained.  Like HIP BEX it is expected to be
used together with another suitable security protocol, such as the
Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).  HIP DEX can also be used
directly as a keying mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as
is supported by IEEE 802.15.4 [IEEE.802-15-4.2006].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.