Subject: I-D Action:draft-moustafa-krb-wg-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Authentication Through Kerberos Tickets: Problem statement and Requirements
	Author(s)       : H. Moustafa, G. Bourdon
	Filename        : draft-moustafa-krb-wg-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This document presents the problem of authentication and
authorization in distributed environments constituted by several
users communicating with application servers and communicating with
each others.  Each user in this environment can also play the role of
an application provider.

Imagine a large music event where the provided network infrastructure
is enhanced with network storage equipment to allow visitors to
access content relating to the bands playing at the events, such as
recorded video of previous performances, supplementary audio and
video material relevant to the bands playing, etc.  Certain content
is, however, not necessarily available to everyone under the same
conditions.  Instead access control is applied before the full range
of audio, and video material can be accessed.  Other content, such as
previews, might be offered for free.  How can such authentication,
and authorization infrastructure be made available with minimal
configuration complexity for a temporary event like a music festival?
This document describes a problem statement based on the attempt to
use Kerberos and lists a couple of requirements for potentially
needed Kerberos extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.