Subject: I-D Action:draft-lagutin-hip-pla-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 04:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Packet Level Authentication (PLA) Extensions for Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
	Author(s)       : D. Lagutin
	Filename        : draft-lagutin-hip-pla-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-07-03

This document defines extensions to provide Packet Level
Authentication (PLA) functionality for the HIP protocol.  PLA
provides strong hop-by-hop security features that allow intermediate
nodes to detect the hostile traffic quickly, and drop the traffic
before it reaches the destination and can consume resources in the
target network.

Unlikely other similar solutions, PLA does not require excessive
signaling or state in verifying nodes, and is path-independent,
making it suitable for dynamic environments, such as ad-hoc networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lagutin-hip-pla-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.