Subject: I-D Action:draft-sajassi-l2vpn-rvpls-bgp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routed VPLS using BGP
	Author(s)       : A. Sajassi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-l2vpn-rvpls-bgp-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-07-09

VPLS, as currently defined, has challenges pertaining to the areas 
of redundancy and multicast optimization. In particular, multi-
homing with all-active forwarding cannot be supported and there's no 
known solution to date for leveraging MP2MP MDTs for optimizing the 
delivery of multi-destination frames. This document defines an 
evolution of the current VPLS solution, referred to as Routed VPLS 
(R-VPLS), to address these shortcomings. In addition, this solution 
offers several benefits over current VPLS such as: ease of 
provisioning, per-flow load-balancing of traffic from/to multi-homed 
sites, optimum traffic forwarding to PEs with both single-homed and 
multi-homed sites, support for flexible multi-homing groups and fast 
convergence upon failures. 

Conventions 
 
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-rvpls-bgp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.