Subject: I-D Action:draft-li-pwe3-ms-pw-pon-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multisegment Pseudowires in Passive Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : L. Hongyu, R. Zheng
	Filename        : draft-li-pwe3-ms-pw-pon-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This draft describes MS-PW application in a PON network.  Static
configuration of one segment of PW is a typical case of MS-PW.  When
MS-PW is implemented in a PON network, the large quantity of T-PE
makes such static provisioning a heavy burden of network manager.
Making use of management protocol of GPON helps to reduce the labor
of configuration, simplify and speedup the PW provision procedure to
a great extent, and notify to switching PE (OLT) ACs status on T-PE
(ONU).  Link layer of GPON may also replace PSN to carry MPLS-PW.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-pwe3-ms-pw-pon-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.