Subject: I-D Action:draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 15:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internet Exchange Route Server
	Author(s)       : E. Jasinska, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-07-05

The growing popularity of Internet exchange points (IXPs) brings a
new set of requirements to interconnect participating networks.
While bilateral exterior BGP sessions between exchange participants
were previously the most common means of exchanging reachability
information, the overhead associated with dense interconnection has
caused substantial operational scaling problems for IXP participants.

This document outlines a specification for multilateral
interconnections at IXPs.  Multilateral interconnection describes a
method of exchanging routing information between three or more BGP
speakers using a single intermediate broker system, referred to as a
route server.  Route servers are typically used on shared access
media networks such as Internet Exchanges (IXPs), to facilitate
simplified interconnection between multiple Internet routers on such
a network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.