Subject: I-D Action:draft-saintandre-xdash-considered-harmful-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : "X-" Considered Harmful
	Author(s)       : P. Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-xdash-considered-harmful-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-07-02

Many application protocols use named parameters to represent data
(for example, header fields in Internet mail messages and HTTP
requests).  Historically, protocol designers and implementers have
often differentiated between "official" and "unofficial" parameters
by prefixing unofficial parameters with the string "X-".  This
document argues that on balance the "X-" convention has more costs
than benefits.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-considered-harmful-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.