Subject: I-D Action:draft-singh-avt-mprtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 00:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multipath RTP (MPRTP)
	Author(s)       : V. Singh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-singh-avt-mprtp-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-07-05

The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used to deliver real-time
content and, along with the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), forms the
control channel between the sender and receiver.  However, RTP and
RTCP assume a single delivery path between the sender and receiver
and make decisions based on the measured characteristics of this
single path.  Increasingly, endpoints are becoming multi-homed, which
means that they are connected via multiple Internet paths.  Network
utilization can be improved when endpoints use multiple parallel
paths for communication.  The resulting increase in reliability and
throughput can also enhance the user experience.  This document
extends the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) so that a single
session can take advantage of the availability of multiple paths
between two endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-avt-mprtp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.