Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-nomcom-process-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Nomcom Enhancements: Improving the IETF leadership selection process

	Author(s)	: D. Crocker, S. Brim, J. Halpern, B. Wijnen, B. Leiba
	Filename	: draft-crocker-nomcom-process-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2010-7-26
	
Every year the IETF's Nominating Committee (Nomcom) reviews and
   selects half of the IETF's leadership on the IESG, IAB and IAOC/
   Trust.  In the 18 years since the inception of the Nomcom process,
   the Internet industry and the IETF have gone through many changes in
   funding, participation and focus, but not in the basic formation,
   structure or operation of Nomcom.  This paper explores challenges
   that have emerged in the conduct of Nomcom activities, particularly
   due to changing IETF demographics.  The paper reviews the nature,
   causes and consequences of these challenges, and proposes a number of
   specific changes.  The changes provide better communication of Nomcom
   institutional memory, enhance Nomcom membership expertise, and
   produce stronger confidentiality and etiquette practices among Nomcom
   participants.  Some changes require formal modification to Nomcom
   rules; others can be adopted immediately.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-nomcom-process-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.