Subject: I-D Action:draft-frejborg-hipv4-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 03:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
	Author(s)       : P. Frejborg
	Filename        : draft-frejborg-hipv4-07.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2010-07-02

This document describes a framework how the current IPv4 address
space can be divided in two new address categories; a core address
space (Area Locators, ALOC) that is globally unique and an edge
address space (Endpoint Locators, ELOC) that is regionally unique.
The core-edge address grouping will enable a new level of hierarchy
in the routing architecture of Internet. The hierarchical IPv4
framework is backwards compatible with the current IPv4 framework; it
will also discuss a method to decouple the location and identifier
functions, future applications can make use of the separation. The
framework requires extensions to the existing Domain Name System, the
existing IPv4 stack of the endpoints and to routers in the Internet.
The framework can be implemented incrementally to endpoints, DNS and
routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.