Subject: I-D Action:draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Name Based Sockets
	Author(s)       : J. Ubillos, Z. Ming
	Filename        : draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This memo defines the name based sockets.  Name based sockets allow
the application developer to refer to remote hosts (and it self) by
name only, passing on all IP (locator) management to the operating
system.  Applications are thus relieved of re-implementing features
such as multi-homing, mobility, NAT traversal, IPv6/IPv4
interoperability and address management in general.  The operating
system can in turn re-use the same solutions for a whole set of guest
applications.  Name based sockets aims to provide a whole set of
features without adding new indirection layers, new delays or other
dependences while maintaining transparent backwards compatibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.