Subject: I-D Action:draft-melia-netext-logical-interface-support-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 06:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Logical Interface Support for multi-mode IP Hosts
	Author(s)       : T. Melia, S. Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-melia-netext-logical-interface-support-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-07-02

A Logical Interface is a software semantic internal to the host
operating system.  This semantic is available in all popular
operating systems and is used in various protocol implementations.
The Logical Interface support is desirable on the mobile node
operating in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain, for leveraging various
network-based mobility management features such as inter-technology
handoffs, multihoming and flow mobility support.  This document
explains the operational details of Logical Interface construct and
the specifics on how the link-layer implementations hide the physical
interfaces from the IP stack and from the network nodes.
Furthermore, this document identifies the applicability of this
approach to various link-layer technologies and analyses the issues
around it when used in context with various mobility management
features.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melia-netext-logical-interface-support-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.