Subject: I-D Action:draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Terminology for Talking about Privacy by Data Minimization: Anonymity, Unlinkability, Undetectability, Unobservability, Pseudonymity, and Identity Management
	Author(s)       : A. Pfitzmann, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-00.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This document is an attempt to consolidate terminology in the field
privacy by data minimization.  It motivates and develops definitions
for anonymity/identifiability, (un)linkability, (un)detectability,
(un)observability, pseudonymity, identity, partial identity, digital
identity and identity management.  Starting the definitions from the
anonymity and unlinkability perspective and not from a definition of
identity (the latter is the obvious approach to some people) reveals
some deeper structures in this field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.