Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Distribution of diverse BGP paths.
	Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-07-07

The BGP4 protocol specifies the selection and propagation of a single
best path for each prefix.  As defined today BGP has no mechanisms to
distribute paths other then best path between its speakers.  This
behaviour results in number of disadvantages for new applications and
services.

This document presents an alternative mechanism for solving the
problem based on the concept of parallel route reflector planes.
Such planes can be build in parallel or they can co-exit on the
current route reflection platforms.  Document also compares existing
solutions and proposed ideas that enable distribution of more paths
than just the best path.

This proposal does not specify any changes to the BGP protocol
definition.  It does not require upgrades to provider edge or core
routers nor does it need network wide upgrades.  The authors believe
that the GROW WG would be the best place for this work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.