Subject: I-D Action:draft-fang-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 20:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Use Cases Studies and Design Considerations
	Author(s)       : L. Fang
	Filename        : draft-fang-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This document provides use case studies and network design 
considerations for Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile 
(MPLS-TP).  
 
In the recent years, MPLS-TP has emerged as the technology of 
choice to meet the needs of transport evolution. Many service 
providers (SPs) intend to replace SONET/SDH, TDM, ATM traditional 
transport technologies with MPLS-TP, to achieve higher efficiency, 
low operational cost, while maintaining transport characteristics. 
The use cases for MPLS-TP include Mobile backhaul, Metro Ethernet 
access and aggregation, packet optical transport. The design 
considerations include operational experience, standards 
compliance, technology maturity, end-to-end design and OAM 
consistency, compatibility with IP/MPLS networks, and multi-vendor 
interoperability. The goal is to provide reliable, manageable, and 
scalable transport solutions. 
  
The unified MPLS strategy - using MPLS from core to aggregation and 
access (e.g. IP/MPLS in the core, IP/MPLS or MPLS-TP in aggregation 
and access) appear to be very attractive for many SPs. It 
streamlines the operation, reduce the overall complexity and 
convergence issues, leveraging MPLS experience, and improve the 
ability to support revenue generating services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fang-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.