Subject: I-D Action:draft-bryan-ftp-hash-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : File Transfer Protocol HASH Command for Cryptographic Hashes
	Author(s)       : A. Bryan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bryan-ftp-hash-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-07-09

The File Transfer Protocol does not offer any method to verify the
integrity of a transferred file, nor can two files be compared
against each other without actually transferring them first.
Cryptographic hashes are a possible solution to this problem.  In the
past, several attempts have been made to add commands to obtain
checksums and hashes, however none have been formally specified,
leading to non-interoperability and confusion.  To solve these
issues, this document specifies a new FTP command to be used by
clients to request cryptographic hashes of files.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-ftp-hash-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.