Subject: I-D Action:draft-eastlake-sha2b-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA and SHA based HMAC and HKDF)
	Author(s)       : D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Hansen
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-sha2b-03.txt
	Pages           : 126
	Date            : 2010-07-31

This document is an update of RFC 4634 to fix errata and to add code
for an HMAC-based extract-and-expand key derivation function.

The United States of America has adopted a suite of secure hash
algorithms (SHAs), including four beyond SHA-1, as part of a Federal
Information Processing Standard (FIPS), specifically SHA-224,
SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.  The purpose of this document is to
make open source code performing the SHA hash functions conveniently
available to the Internet community. The sample code supports input
strings of arbitrary bit length. Much of the text herein was adapted
by the authors from FIPS 180-2.

As with RFC 4634, code to perform SHA based HMACs is included and,
new in this version, code for HKDF (RFC 5869) is included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-sha2b-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.