Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-improve-dns-resolver-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 08:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improving the caching DNS resolvers against "authority failure"
	Author(s)       : Y. Wang, X. Lee
	Filename        : draft-wang-improve-dns-resolver-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This document provides a new mechanism for caching DNS resolvers.
When all the authoritative name servers for a zone fail, the caching
DNS resolvers extend the lifetime of resource records in the zone in
the cache to provide resolution service as far as possible.  And when
the request can't be found in the cache, during a period of time the
caching DNS resolvers don't query the authoritative name servers, but
directly return a NXDOMAIN to the clients to reduce the recursive
name server load and the network load.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-improve-dns-resolver-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.