Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-core-coap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
	Author(s)       : Z. Shelby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-01.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-07-08

This document specifies the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP),
a specialized RESTful transfer protocol for use with constrained
networks and nodes for machine-to-machine applications such as smart
energy and building automation.  These constrained nodes often have
8-bit microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while
networks such as 6LoWPAN often have high packet error rates and a
typical throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  CoAP provides the REST Method/
Response interaction model between application end-points, supports
built-in resource discovery, and includes key web concepts such as
URIs and content-types.  CoAP easily translates to HTTP for
integration with the web while meeting specialized requirements such
as multicast support, very low overhead and simplicity for
constrained environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-coap-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.