Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-ccamp-lmp-pnp-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:00:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol extensions for optical plug and play

	Author(s)	: R. Hayashi, K. Shiomoto
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-ccamp-lmp-pnp-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2010-7-8
	
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane 
   (c-plane) is expected to reduce operational expenditure (OPEX). 
   Currently we need to, however, manually configure interface 
   addresses of links before we advertise the link-state using a 
   GMPLS routing protocol for an automatic topology discovery 
   mechanism. Especially in Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) 
   networks, there are a number of optical fibers between neighbor 
   nodes, each of which again carries a bunch of wavelength links. It 
   is a tedious task to configure interface addresses of wavelength 
   links between neighbor nodes.

   In order to suppress the tasks of configuring addresses of 
   wavelength links between neighbor nodes, an optical plug and play 
   (PnP) technique is effective. Optical PnP includes automatic 
   assignment of interface addresses, parameter information exchange 
   between neighbor nodes, database construction, and so on.

   This document assumes to use extended version of LMP (link 
   management protocol) for information exchange and describes LMP 
   extension necessary for applying to the optical PnP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-ccamp-lmp-pnp-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.