Subject: I-D Action:draft-roca-fecframe-rs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : V. Roca, et al.
	Filename        : draft-roca-fecframe-rs-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This document describes two fully-specified simple FEC schemes for
Reed-Solomon codes that can be used to protect media streams along
the lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  Reed-Solomon codes
belong to the class of Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which
means they offer optimal protection against packet erasures.  They
are also systematic codes, which means that the source symbols are
part of the encoding symbols.  The price to pay is a limit on the
maximum source block size, on the maximum number of encoding symbols,
and a computational complexity higher than that of LDPC codes for
instance.

The first scheme is for Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with 2 <= m
<= 16 and arbitrary packet flows.  The second scheme is similar to
the first scheme, with the exception that it is restricted to a
single sequenced flow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-fecframe-rs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.