Subject: I-D Action:draft-menth-pcn-implicit-probing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCN-Based Admission Control Using Implicit Probing
	Author(s)       : M. Menth, R. Geib
	Filename        : draft-menth-pcn-implicit-probing-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-07-05

Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a means for protecting quality
of service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv domain.  The
overall PCN architecture is described in RFC5559.  This memo is one
of a series describing possible boundary node behaviours for a PCN
domain.

This document proposes an admission control method.  It assumes that
PCN nodes perform threshold-marking configured with the PCN-
admissible-rate on any link.  The decision point uses the PCN marking
state of an initial signaling message of a flow to determine whether
the flow should be admitted or blocked.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-menth-pcn-implicit-probing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.