Subject: I-D Action:draft-yang-avt-selective-transmission-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP Extension Header for Selective Transmission
	Author(s)       : P. Yang, Y. Hu
	Filename        : draft-yang-avt-selective-transmission-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-07-08

When network congestion occurs or dynamic transient burst stream
transfers on a bandwidth constrained network, it is easy to cause
bursts of consecutive packet loss.  Video streams are very vulnerable
to packet loss because of motion compensation predictive coding at
the decoder.  In this document, we describe a method of using
selective transmission to decrease the effect of random drop to video
stream when necessary.  At the same time, this document describes a
method to avoid retransmission request due to selective transmission.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yang-avt-selective-transmission-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.