Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-idn-encoding-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IAB Thoughts on Encodings for Internationalized Domain Names
	Author(s)       : D. Thaler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-iab-idn-encoding-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This document explores issues with Internationalized Domain Names
(IDNs) that result from the use of various encoding schemes such as
UTF-8 and the ASCII-Compatible Encoding produced by the Punycode
algorithm.  It focuses on the importance of agreeing on a canonical
format and how complicated it ends up being as a result of using
different encodings today.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-idn-encoding-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.