Subject: I-D Action:draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mapping and interworking of Diversion information Between Diversion and History-Info Headers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : M. Mohali
	Filename        : draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-07.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-07-02

Although the SIP History-Info header is the solution adopted in IETF,
the non-standard Diversion header is nevertheless widely implemented
and used for conveying call diversion related information in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling.
This document describes a recommended interworking guideline between
the Diversion header and the History-Info header to handle call
diversion information.  In addition, an interworking policy is
proposed to manage the headers coexistence.  The History-Info header
is described in [RFC4244] and the non-standard Diversion header is
described, as Historic, in the [RFC5806].

Since the Diversion header is used in many existing network
implementations for the transport of call diversion information, its
interworking with the SIP History-Info standardized solution is
needed.  This work is intended to enable the migration from non-
standard implementations and deployment toward IETF specification-
based implementations and deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.