Subject: I-D Action:draft-lee-cross-layer-optimization-problem-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Cross-Layer Optimization
	Author(s)       : Y. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lee-cross-layer-optimization-problem-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-07-12

Due to the lack of layer interaction between networked applications
and the network during service provisioning, many end user
applications and services cannot efficiently utilize the network
capabilities, nor can achieve the desired quality of service
objectives.

This document describes the general problem of cross layer
optimization. Cross-layer optimization (CLO) involves the overall
optimization of application layer and network resources by providing
an interface for interactions and exchanges between the two layers.
The potential gains of cross layer optimization are illustrated via
examples from content delivery systems, video on demand systems, and
grid computing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-cross-layer-optimization-problem-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.