Subject: I-D Action:draft-cole-netconf-verify-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Verification Proceedure for Configuration Management within NETCONF
	Author(s)       : R. Cole, et al.
	Filename        : draft-cole-netconf-verify-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This document extends the capabilities of the NETCONF configuration
management protocol in order to standardize mechanisms to perform
sets of active tests (i.e., verification) against servers' running
configuration over a period of time to afford the client and server a
more robust and resilient configuration management capability.  This
is of value to commercial enterprise and public networks as well as
wireless emergency and military networks.  We propose an initial new
NETCONF capability, i.e., verify.  The verify capability is defined
in the context of the verify.yang module listed in the appendix of
this document.  Associated with the verify operation are various
test.yang modules to be defined elsewhere.  However, this document
defines a set of interoperability requirements on the development of
the test.yang modules in order to be controlled through the verify
capability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cole-netconf-verify-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.