Subject: I-D Action:draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A fast LSP-alert Mechanism
	Author(s)       : S. Kini, A. Liu
	Filename        : draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-07-12

There are applications (e.g. fault-management, OAM) that need to
alert LSRs along an LSP. Currently defined alert mechanisms for
labeled packets (e.g., TTL expiry, GAL, etc) alert a single LSR along
the LSP with one alert message. To alert multiple LSRs along the LSP,
multiple alert messages have to be generated. This results in
increasing delays in generating the message as the number of LSRs
increase. If the message is used to recover from faults, it results
in increasing traffic loss. This document defines a simple and fast
mechanism that can alert all the LSRs along a LSP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.