Subject: I-D Action:draft-kiesel-alto-alto4alto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 01:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using ALTO for ALTO server selection
	Author(s)       : S. Kiesel
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-alto4alto-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-07-05

The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
hosts from a set of candidates that are able to provide a desired
resource.  Entities seeking guidance need to discover and possibly
select an ALTO server to ask.

This document proposes an ALTO-based scheme to select an ALTO server
that can give guidance to a given ALTO client.  Unlike some other
proposed ALTO discovery mechanisms, this solution works well if the
client seeks guidance from a set of ALTO servers that are operated by
an entity which is not the operator of the access network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kiesel-alto-alto4alto-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.