Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-softwire-sam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) - a Simplified Mesh-Softwire Model
	Author(s)       : R. Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-sam-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-07-12

Stateless Address Mapping (SAM) is a generic mechanism to statelessly
establish tunnels, point-to-multipoint, for packets of an address
family that traverse domains whose routing is in another address
family (mesh softwires).  It extends tunneling principles of [6rd] to
other address-family combination than IPv6 across IPv4 domains.  It
thus introduces, for a variety of use cases, a simpler mesh-softwire
model than that of [RFC5565].

Among SAM use cases, some are solutions to previously unsolved
problems: native IPv6 across IPv4 NATs, with optimized paths;
multihoming with independent CPEs and provider-aggregatable prefixes;
public IPv4 addresses across IPv6-only domains with optimized paths;
static sharing of IPv4 addresses, without impact on routing
information bases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-sam-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.