Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SEND Hash Threat Analysis
	Author(s)       : A. Kukec, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-10.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-07-11

This document analyzes the use of hashes in Secure Neighbor Discovery
(SEND), the possible threats to these hashes and the impact of recent
attacks on hash functions used by SEND.  The SEND specification
[RFC3971] currently uses the SHA-1 [SHA1] hash algorithm and PKIX
certificates [RFC5280] and does not provide support for hash
algorithm agility.  This document provides an analysis of possible
threats to the hash algorithms used in SEND.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.