Subject: I-D Action:draft-scharf-mptcp-mctcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 05:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Connection TCP (MCTCP) Transport
	Author(s)       : M. Scharf
	Filename        : draft-scharf-mptcp-mctcp-01.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-07-12

Multipath transport over potentially different paths can be realized
by several coupled Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connections.
Multi-Connection TCP (MCTCP) transport aggregates multiple TCP
connections between potentially different addresses into a single
session that can be accessed by an application like a single TCP
connection.  MCTCP encodes control information, as far as possible,
in the payload of the TCP connections and therefore requires only
minor changes in the TCP implementations, and it is transparent in
the single-path case.  MCTCP is therefore proposed as a simple,
modular, and extensible mechanism for multipath transport.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-scharf-mptcp-mctcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.