Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mif-api-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 01:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Socket API Extension for Multiple Connection Support
	Author(s)       : D. Liu, Z. Cao
	Filename        : draft-liu-mif-api-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-07-10

The Socket API is the de facto standard of network API for many UNIX-
like and non-UNIX OSes.  Many APIs that are exported to the user
space is either direct use or encapsulates the Socket API.  The
Socket API has been extended to support IPv6.  Recently, multiple
interfaces or multiple connection capable devices become more and
more common.  But due to the limitation of the default route of the
host and other issues such as DNS selection etc prevent the
utilization of multiple interfaces/connections benefit.  Moreover,
there is no API level support for the application developer to
utilize the benefit of the host's multiple interfaces/connections.
Starting with the requirement of MIF API extension, this document
introduces a new set of APIs to support multiple interfaces/
connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mif-api-extension-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.