Subject: I-D Action:draft-wijnands-pim-neighbor-reduction-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 07:30:25 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PIM neighbor reduction for transit LAN's.
	Author(s)       : I. Wijnands, Y. Cai
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-pim-neighbor-reduction-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-07-07

PIM establishes a neighbor relationship with other routers directly
connected to it on startup.  Networks that are LANs or behave like a
LAN, potentially create many PIM neighbors depending on how many
routers are attached to it.  If such a LAN is also a transit network
(no directly connected source or receiver), many of the PIM
procedures don't apply.  This proposal describes a procedure to
reduce the amount of neighbors established over a transit LAN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-pim-neighbor-reduction-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.