Subject: I-D Action:draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 03:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Migration Considerations and Techniques to Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile based Networks and Services
	Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-07-12

MPLS-TP defines a packet-based network architecture and a
comprehensive set of tools that allow service providers to reliably
deliver next generation services and applications, in a simple,
scalable, and cost-effective way.  Such services are BW-hungry based
and require strict guaranteed SLA.  Delivering next generation
services over MPLS-TP based network in an economic way, enables
service providers to increase their revenue while remaining
competitive.

This document presents the motivations for migrating from different
transport networks and services to MPLS-TP, and discusses the
considerations and strategies for the migration.

The document also proposes specific activities and techniques needed
to ensure smooth migration path from the different transport networks
and services to MPLS-TP

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.