Subject: I-D Action:draft-hong-netext-scenario-logical-interface-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Scenarios of the usage of multiple home network prefixes on a logical interface
	Author(s)       : Y. Hong, J. Youn
	Filename        : draft-hong-netext-scenario-logical-interface-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-07-12

A logical interface is used to hide the change of network interface
from the upper host IP layer and it also can be used for a multiple
interfaces mobile node in PMIPv6 domain.  If a LMA assigns multiple
home network prefixes to a multiple interfaces mobile node with a
logical interface, a logical interface has various usages of the
multiple home network prefixes.  As following general PMIPv6
operations described in RFC 5213, all multiple home network prefixes
are shown to host IP layer.  Also, the logical interface hides the
existence of multiple home network prefixes and shows only one home
network prefix to host IP layer.  And in a LMA point of view, a LMA
may acknowledge each physical interface or only a logical interface
of a mobile node when a multiple interfaces mobile node utilizes a
logical interface.  In this internet draft, we describe various
scenarios of the usage of multiple home network prefixes on a logical
interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-netext-scenario-logical-interface-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.