Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 00:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Unicast Transmission of IPv6 Multicast Messages on Link-layer
	Author(s)       : S. Gundavelli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-07-26

When transmitting an IPv6 packet to a multicast group, the
destination address in the link-layer header is typically set to the
corresponding mapped address of the destination address from the IP
header.  However, it is not mandatory that the destination address in
the link-layer header is always a mapped multicast equivalent of its
IP destination address.  There are various deployment scenarios where
there a need to transmit an IPv6 multicast message as an unicast
message on the link-layer.  Unfortunately, the IPv6 specifications do
not clearly state this.  This document explicitly clarifies this
point and makes such packet construct and transmission legal and
valid.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.