Subject: I-D Action:draft-koenig-privicons-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Privacy Preferences for E-Mail Messages
	Author(s)       : U. Koenig, J. Schallaboeck
	Filename        : draft-koenig-privicons-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-07-05

This document proposes a syntax and semantics as an extension of the
Internet Message Format (e-mail message) allowing a Sending User of
an e-mail message to express his or her preference for how the
message content is to be handled by the Receiving Users.  For this
purpose, semantics of sets of different character combinations
("Privicons") are described.  These can syntactically be integrated
either in the first-line of the body, in the subject line and/or in a
dedicated header of any e-mail message.  The Privicons icon set
consists of 6 different icons.  They'll be machine readable.  The
Privicons concept is partly borrowing its approach from the concept
of emoticons.  For example, to express that the content may be
forwarded and even be published, the Sending User could use the
Privicon "[>]", which may be followed by an additional explanations,
such as "please share".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koenig-privicons-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.