Subject: I-D Action:draft-iannone-lisp-mapping-versioning-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 01:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LISP Map-Versioning
	Author(s)       : L. Iannone, et al.
	Filename        : draft-iannone-lisp-mapping-versioning-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This document describes the LISP Map-Versioning mechanism.  This is
mechanism to provide in-packet information about EID-to-RLOC mappings
used to encapsulate LISP data packets.  The proposed approach is
based on associating a version number to EID-to-RLOC mappings and
transport such a version number in the LISP specific header of LISP-
encapsulated packets.  LISP Map-Versioning is particularly useful to
inform communicating xTRs about modification of the mappings used to
encapsulate packets.  Note that, in the LISP encapsulation and in the
Map Records, bits used for Map-Versioning can be safely ignored by
xTRs that do not support the mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iannone-lisp-mapping-versioning-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.