Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-alto-cpid-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Aggregate Network and Cost Map (CPID) Extension for the ALTO Protocol
	Author(s)       : S. Haibin, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wang-alto-cpid-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-07-12

The goal of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)
protocol is to provide guidance to applications which have to select
one or several hosts from a set of candidates, all of which are able
to provide the desired resource.  The goal of the mechanisms
specified in this document is to extend the existing solution, and
provide basic attributes to each end terminal to make it network-
aware.  These mechanisms introduce a way to directly transfer the
guidance or costs using Network Location identifiers/PIDs, called
CPIDs.  And the exisiting The proposed solution inherits the existing
solution's architecture, messages, and other mechanisms.  It can be
used as an independent solution or function together with other
functions in the existing solution to provide guidance for different
client and balance the workload on the server.  Additional details
for the process will be provided in the next version of the draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-alto-cpid-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.