Subject: I-D Action:draft-jiang-behave-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 01:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Proxy in IPv6/IPv4 Transition
	Author(s)       : S. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-behave-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-07-09

During the long co-existing period of IPv6 and IPv4, the 
interoperation between IPv6 network and IPv4 network is essential. 
Multicast services across IPv6 and IPv4 networks are also needed. 
Besides the packet-based multicast translation mechanism, this 
document describes a multicast proxy solution. The multicast proxy is 
deployed at the border of IPv6/IPv4 networks. It is mainly based on 
content cache concept. Without packet-based translation, it retires 
the content data from IPvX network, caches the data, and multicasts 
the data in IPvY network. It acts as a multicast leaf in the IPvX 
network where the data source locates. It also acts as a multicast 
source in IPvY network where the multicast client locates.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-behave-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.