Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-distributed-mobility-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 01:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed mobility management
	Author(s)       : D. Liu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-liu-distributed-mobility-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-07-10

Current mobility solutions generally introduce an anchor point in the
network, e.g., HA in MIPv6, LMA in PMIPv6, GGSN in 3GPP.  The anchor
point is used to maintain the mapping between the stable IP address
(e.g., Home address in MIPv6) and the current routable IP address
(e.g., CoA in MIPv6).  However, one of the trend in mobile network
evolution is to "flatten" mobility architecture by confining mobility
support in the access network, e.g. at the access routers level,
keeping the rest of the network unaware of the mobility events and
their support.  This document discusses the deployment of current IP
mobility mechanisms in such a flat architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-distributed-mobility-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.