Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koike-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 09:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Temporal and hitless path segment monitoring

	Author(s)	: Y. Koike
	Filename	: draft-koike-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2010-7-5
	
   The MPLS transport profile (MPLS-TP) is now being standardized to
   enable carrier-grade packet transport and complement converged packet
   network deployments. One of the most attractive features in MPLS-TP
   is OAM functions, which enable network operators or service providers
   to provide various maintenance characteristics, such as prompt fault
   location, substantial survivability, performance monitoring, and
   preliminary or in-service measurements, inherent in circuit-based
   transport networks.

   One of the important characteristics which are common in transport
   network operation is the fault location. A segment monitoring
   function of a transport path is effective in terms of extension of
   the maintenance work and indispensable particularly when the OAM
   function is effective only between end points. However, the current
   approach for the segment monitoring(SPME) has some fatal issues. This
   document elaborates on the problem statement on the path segment
   monitoring function. Moreover, this document also requests to add
   network objectives to solve or improve the issues and proposes to
   reconsider the new improved method of the segment monitoring.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koike-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.