Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-07.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of wavelength switched optical 
networks (WSON).  Such extensions are necessary in WSONs under a number 
of conditions including: (a) when optional processing, such as 
regeneration, must be configured to occur at specific nodes along a 
path, (b) where equipment must be configured to accept an optical signal 
with specific attributes, or (c) where equipment must be configured to 
output an optical signal with specific attributes. In addition this memo 
provides mechanisms to support distributed wavelength assignment with 
bidirectional LSPs, and choice in distributed wavelength assignment 
algorithms. These extensions build on previous work for the control of 
lambda and G.709 based networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-signaling-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.