Subject: I-D Action:draft-guo-softwire-sc-discovery-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Softwire Concentrator Discovery Using DHCP
	Author(s)       : D. Guo, S. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-guo-softwire-sc-discovery-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-07-12

Several types of Carrier Grade NATs have been proposed to simplify 
IPv4/IPv6 transition of the edge network by integrating tunnels and 
NAT. A very common scenario is that many users set up softwires to a 
softwire concentrator for public or private access services. In order 
to establish softwires successfully, a new mechanism is required to 
enable users in the edge network to discover the information of the 
concentrator. This document describes how a host or Customer Premises 
Equipment discovers the remote softwire concentrator or CGN in a hub 
and spoke network using DHCP. Based on two new Softwire Concentrator 
Discovery DHCP Options, proposed in the document, a user can obtain 
the information of the softwire concentrator or CGN and then set up a 
tunnel to it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guo-softwire-sc-discovery-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.