Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip6-hareliability-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 01:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Home Agent Reliability Protocol (HARP)
	Author(s)       : R. Wakikawa
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mip6-hareliability-06.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2010-07-12

The home agent can be a single point of failure when Mobile IPv6 and
its compatible protocols are operated in a system.  It is critical to
provide home agent reliability in the event of a home agent crashing
or becoming unavailable.  This would allow another home agent to take
over and continue providing service to the mobile nodes.  This
document describes the problem scope briefly and provides mechanisms
of home agent failure detection, home agent state transfer, and home
agent switching for home agent redundancy and reliability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-hareliability-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.