Subject: I-D Action:draft-li-pwe3-ms-pw-pon-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 01:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multisegment Pseudowires in Passive Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : R. Zheng, L. Hongyu
	Filename        : draft-li-pwe3-ms-pw-pon-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-07-26

This document describes the application of multi-segment pseudowires
(MS-PWs) in a Passive Optical Network (PON).

Static configuration of at least one PW segment is a typical case for
a MS-PW.  This is often one of the end segments and, in the case of
mobile backhaul, it is the segment closest to the aggregation device.
But, when MS-PW is implemented in a PON, there may be a very large
number of PW Terminating Provider Edge nodes (T-PEs).  This makes
provisioning a heavy burden for the network manager.

Making use of a Gigabit-capable Passive Optical Network (GPON)
management protocol helps to reduce the labor of configuration,
simplify and speed up the PW provision procedure to a great extent,
and notify to switching PE (S-PE) (which is the Optical Line
Termination node (OLT)) of the status of the AC at the T-PE (which is
the Optical Network Unit (ONU)).

This document describes how to end-to-end MPLS MS-PWs can be provided
through the integration of MPLS and GPON provisioning and control
protocols, and describes how the MPLS-PW can be carried by the link
layer of the GPON.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-pwe3-ms-pw-pon-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.