Subject: I-D Action:draft-klensin-iasa-streamline-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Streamlining the IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA)
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-iasa-streamline-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-07-05

There have been many opportunities to examine the functioning of the
IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) since its creation in
2005 and the subsequent addition of the IETF Trust to its scope.
Suggestions to do so have generally not progressed, in part because
of constraints imposed by the IETF Trust.  Those constraints have now
expired.  The IASA has often fallen short of the expectations about
openness and transparency called for in BCP 101, with members of the
IAOC and IETF Trust claiming excessive workload as a major cause of
that problem.  This document proposes to change the workload
requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-iasa-streamline-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.