Subject: I-D Action:draft-vanderstok-core-bc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 06:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CoAP utilisation for building control
	Author(s)       : P. Van der Stok
	Filename        : draft-vanderstok-core-bc-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-07-04

This draft describes an example use of the RESTful CoAP protocol to
control equipment in buildings such as HVAC and lighting.  A few
basic design assumptions are stated first.  The uri structure is
exploited to define multicast scopes.  RFC 3986 divides the uri in
(1) a scheme, (2) an authority part, used here to locate the building
under control, (3) a path, used here to locate the resource under
control, and (4) a query and fragment part, only the query part is
discussed in the context of service discovery.  This I-D supports the
view that (1) building control will move in steps towards all-IP
control networks building on the legacy efforts provided by DALI,
LON, BACnet, ZigBee and other standards, and (2) the provision of a
reliable group communication protocol is essential.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-core-bc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.