Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Byte and Packet Congestion Notification
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe, J. Manner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-02.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This memo concerns dropping or marking packets using active queue
management (AQM) such as random early detection (RED) or pre-
congestion notification (PCN).  We give two strong recommendations:
(1) packet size should not be taken into account when transports read
congestion indications, not when network equipment writes them, and
(2) byte-mode packet drop variant of AQM algorithms, such as RED,
should not be used to drop fewer small packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.