Subject: I-D Action:draft-lee-cross-layer-optimization-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 16:15:08 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : July 4, 2010 Problem Statement for Cross-Layer Optimization
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-lee-cross-layer-optimization-problem-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-07-04

Due to the lack of layer interaction between networked applications 
and the network during service provisioning, many application 
services can make poor use of network resources or not achieve their 
overall quality of service objectives.  

This document describes the general problem of cross layer 
optimization. Cross-layer optimization (CLO) involves the overall 
optimization of application layer and network resources by providing 
an interface for interactions and exchanges between the two layers. 
The potential gains of cross layer optimization are illustrated via 
examples from content delivery systems, video on demand systems, and 
grid computing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-cross-layer-optimization-problem-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.