Subject: I-D Action:draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DKIM Third-Party Authorization Label
	Author(s)       : T. messages, et al.
	Filename        : draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-06.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2010-08-10

A third party authorization label (TPA-Label) is a DNS-based
extension for DKIM ADSP records that allows domains in the From
header field to authorize acceptable third-party signatures.  This
approach allows autonomous and unilateral authorizations for third-
party domains using scalable, individual DNS transactions.  The
extended scope of DKIM signing practice assertions introduced here
supplants transparent authorization schemes that are more difficult
to administer.  Alternatives for facilitating third-party
authorizations currently necessitate coordination between two or more
domains to synchronously set up selector/key DNS records, DNS zone
delegations, and/or a regular exchange of public/private keys.

Checking TPA-Label Resource Records for signing practices might occur
infrequently when a message is not compliant with restrictive ADSP
practices, where an Author Domain Signature is either missing or
invalid.  When a third-party signature is found, TPA-Label Resource
Record transactions offer an efficient means for Author Domains to
authorize specific third-party signing domains.  Recipients are
afforded a method to determine whether authorization exists in
situations where other modes of authorization are impractical.  TPA-
Label Resource Records permit Author Domains a means to influence
message handling selectively, for messages otherwise lacking valid
Author Domain signatures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.