Subject: I-D Action:draft-frejborg-hipv4-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 02:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
	Author(s)       : P. Frejborg
	Filename        : draft-frejborg-hipv4-08.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2010-08-26

This document describes a framework how the current IPv4 address
space can be divided in two new address categories; a core address
space (Area Locators, ALOC) that is globally unique and an edge
address space (Endpoint Locators, ELOC) that is regionally unique, in
the future the ELOC space might be only significant in a private
network or in a service provider domain. The core/edge address
grouping will enable a new level of hierarchy in the routing
architecture of Internet. The hierarchical IPv4 framework is
backwards compatible with the current IPv4 framework; it will also
discuss a method to decouple the location and identifier functions,
future applications can make use of the separation. The framework
requires extensions to the existing Domain Name System, the existing
IPv4 stack of the endpoints, security nodes and to routers in the
Internet. The framework can be implemented incrementally to
endpoints, DNS, security nodes and routers. This document is a
product within the IRTF Routing Research Group. The views in this
document are considered controversial by the IRTF Routing Research
Group (RRG); the document is entering a review process as described
in [RFC5743].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.