Subject: I-D Action:draft-templin-iron-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON)
	Author(s)       : F. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-iron-11.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-08-26

Since the Internet must continue to support escalating growth due to
increasing demand, it is clear that current routing architectures and
operational practices must be updated.  This document proposes an
Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) that supports sustainable
growth through Provider Independent addressing while requiring no
changes to end systems and no changes to the existing routing system.
IRON further addresses other important issues including routing
scaling, mobility management, multihoming, traffic engineering and
NAT traversal.  While business considerations are an important
determining factor for widespread adoption, they are out of scope for
this document.  This document is a product of the IRTF Routing
Research Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-iron-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.