Subject: I-D Action:draft-livingood-web-notification-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Comcast's Web Notification System Design
	Author(s)       : C. Chung, et al.
	Filename        : draft-livingood-web-notification-09.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-08-15

The objective of this document is to describe a method of providing
critical end user notifications to web browsers, which has been
deployed by Comcast, an Internet Service Provider (ISP).  Such a
notification system is being used to provide near-immediate
notifications to customers, such as to warn them that their traffic
exhibits patterns that are indicative of malware or virus infection.
There are other proprietary systems that can perform such
notifications but those systems utilize Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
technology.  In contrast to DPI, this document describes a system
that does not rely upon DPI, and is instead based in open IETF
standards and open source applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-livingood-web-notification-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.