Subject: I-D Action:draft-ramrekha-manet-cml-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ChaMeLeon (CML): A hybrid and adaptive routing protocol for Emergency Situations
	Author(s)       : T. Ramrekha, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ramrekha-manet-cml-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-08-27

This document describes the ChaMeLeon (CML) routing protocol
designed for Mobile Ad hoc NETworks (MANETs) supporting emergency
communications. CML is a hybrid and adaptive routing protocol
operating within a defined disaster area denoted as the Critical
Area (CA). The main concept behind CML is the adaptability of its
routing mechanisms towards changes in the physical and logical state
of a MANET. For autonomous emergency communications, there is a
likelihood that the network size will vary whenever more rescuers
join or leave the network. In addition, battery exhaustion of
lightweight mobile communication devices used by rescuers could
stipulate another reason for changes in the network size. Hence,
this version of CML adapts its routing behavior according to changes
in the network size within a pre-defined CA. For small networks, CML
routes data proactively using the Optimized Link State Routing
(OLSR) protocol whereas for larger networks it utilizes the reactive
Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing protocol so that
overall routing performance is improved. These transitions occur via
the CML oscillation phase. This document focuses on the description
of the processes involved in the CML Cognitive and Adaptive Module
(CAM), CML Oscillation phase and transition between phases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramrekha-manet-cml-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.