Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 01:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 UDP Checksum Considerations
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, M. Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-08-12

This document examines the role of the transport checksum when used
with IPv6, as defined in RFC2460.  It presents a summary of the
trade-offs for evaluating the safety of updating RFC 2460 to permit
an IPv6 UDP endpoint to use a zero value in the checksum field to
indicate that no checksum is present.  The document describes issues
and design principles that need to be considered when UDP is used
with IPv6 to support tunnel encapsulations and provides
recommendations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.