Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : With-defaults capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-10.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2010-08-11

The NETCONF protocol defines ways to read and edit configuration data
from a NETCONF server.  In some cases, part of this data may not be
set by the NETCONF client, but rather a default value known to the
server is used instead.  In many situations the NETCONF client has a
priori knowledge about default data, so the NETCONF server does not
need to save it in a NETCONF database or send it to the client in a
retrieval operation reply.  In other situations the NETCONF client
will need this data from the server.  Not all server implementations
treat this default data the same way.  This document defines a
capability-based extension to the NETCONF protocol that allows the
NETCONF client to identify how defaults are processed by the server,
and also defines new mechanisms for client control of server
processing of default data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.