Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Overview and Framework for Internationalized Email
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin, Y. Ko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2010-08-22

Full use of electronic mail throughout the world requires that
(subject to other constraints) people be able to use close variations
on their own names (written correctly in their own languages and
scripts) as mailbox names in email addresses.  This document
introduces a series of specifications that define mechanisms and
protocol extensions needed to fully support internationalized email
addresses.  These changes include an SMTP extension and extension of
email header syntax to accommodate UTF-8 data.  The document set also
includes discussion of key assumptions and issues in deploying fully
internationalized email.  This document is an update of RFC 4952; it
reflects additional issues identified since that document was
published.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.