Subject: I-D Action:draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Flexible BGP Communities
	Author(s)       : A. Lange, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-08-02

This document defines a new attribute for BGP called the Flexible
Community attribute.  Flexible Communities build on the experience
and utility of the standard BGP community, and the extended BGP
community attributes.  This attribute allows operators to associate
structured information with a route or set of routes.  This
information can be then be used to execute routing policy.  An
enhanced version of communities is necessary to accommodate IPv6,
4-byte ASN's, and introduce a more extensible and flexible policy
expression.  This document also introduces the concept of Neighbor
Classes.  A Neighbor Class is applied to a group of BGP neighbors who
share certain attributes.  For example, the PEER Neighbor Class could
be applied to BGP sessions between ASN X and other networks with
which ASN X has a non-transit peering relationship.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.