Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sratliff-dlep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
	Author(s)	: S. Ratliff, S. Jury, B. Berry, D. Satterwhite, G. Harrison
	Filename	: draft-sratliff-dlep-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2010-8-3
	
When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over 
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the 
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make 
   forwarding decisions. In mobile or other environments where these 
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the  
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not 
   allow the router to make the best decisions. A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is 
   necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sratliff-dlep-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.