Subject: I-D Action:draft-josefsson-keyassure-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 00:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Confirming the Certificate structure in TLS with Secure DNS
	Author(s)       : S. Josefsson
	Filename        : draft-josefsson-keyassure-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-08-23

TLS supports X.509 and OpenPGP certificate based mechanisms to
authenticate a server.  Users want their applications to verify that
the certificate provided by the TLS server is in fact associated with
the domain name they expect.  Instead of trusting a certificate
authority to have made this association correctly, and an X.509/
OpenPGP implementation to validate that properly, the user might
instead trust the authoritative DNS server for the domain name to
make that association.  This document describes how to use secure DNS
to associate the certificate chain transferred by TLS with the
intended domain name.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-keyassure-tls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.