Subject: I-D Action:draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPFv3 Stub Router Advertisement
	Author(s)       : S. Tsuchiya, et al.
	Filename        : draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-08-28

OSPFv3 accommodates for the possibility to indicate through the R-bit
if a router is an active router and should be taken into
consideration as a transit device.  Another method available is the
v6-bit indicating if a router or link should be excluded from IPv6
routing calculations.

A direct result is that OSPFv3 has "no transit capability"
potentially based upon the setting of R-bit and V6-bit, unlike the
stub OSPFv2 router functionality.  This feature proposal has as
purpose to re-introduce existing OSPFv2 stub router behavior into
OSPFv3 to keep the operational service provider experience used to
deploy, troubleshoot and be familiar with OSPFv2 stub routing.

OSPFv3 has similar metric field information field of all of LSAs,
with exception of the Link-LSA, so RFC3137 method can be re-utilized
in OSPFv3.

To drive consistency between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3, there should be next
to supporting both R-bit and v6-bit be support for"max-metric".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shishio-ospf-ospfv3-stub-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.