Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-dispatch-v6-migration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Migrating SIP to IPv6 Media Without Connectivity Checks
	Author(s)       : D. Wing, A. Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-wing-dispatch-v6-migration-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-08-27

During the migration from IPv4 to IPv6, it is anticipated that an
IPv6 path might be broken for a variety of reasons, causing endpoints
to not receive RTP data.  Connectivity checks would detect and avoid
the user noticing such a problem, but there is industry reluctance to
implement connectivity checks.

This document describes a mechanism allowing dual-stack SIP endpoints
to attempt communications over IPv6 and fall back to IPv4 if the IPv6
path is not working.  The mechanism does not require connectivity
checks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-dispatch-v6-migration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.