Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pkix-asn1-translation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ASN.1 Translation
	Author(s)       : C. Wallace, C. Gardiner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pkix-asn1-translation-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-08-26

Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) is widely used throughout the
IETF security area and has been for many years.  Some specifications
were written using a now deprecated version of ASN.1 and some were
written using the current version of ASN.1.  Not all ASN.1 compilers
support both older and current syntax.  This document is intended to
provide guidance to specification authors and to implementers
converting ASN.1 modules written using one version of ASN.1 to
another version without causing changes to the "bits on the wire".
This document does not provide a comprehensive tutorial of any
version of ASN.1.  Instead, it addresses ASN.1 features that are used
in IETF security area specifications with focus on items that vary
with the ASN.1 version.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-asn1-translation-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.