Subject: I-D Action:draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bridge Out: Benchmarking Methodology Extensions for Data Center Bridging Devices
	Author(s)       : T. Player, D. Newman
	Filename        : draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-08-30

Existing benchmarking methodologies are based on the assumption that
networking devices will impartially drop network traffic at their
performance limits.  Data Center Bridging (DCB) devices, however,
will attempt to throttle prioritized traffic from network endpoints
before those limits are reached in order to minimize the probability
of frame loss for high value traffic.  Hence, existing methodologies
based around indiscriminate frame loss are inappropriate for DCB
devices.  This document takes the basic benchmarking ideas based on
loss and extends them to support "lossless" Ethernet devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.