Subject: I-D Action:draft-nakibly-v6ops-tunnel-loops-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Routing Loop Attack using IPv6 Automatic Tunnels: Problem Statement and Proposed Mitigations
	Author(s)       : G. Nakibly, F. Templin
	Filename        : draft-nakibly-v6ops-tunnel-loops-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-08-18

This document is concerned with security vulnerabilities in IPv6-in-
IPv4 automatic tunnels.  These vulnerabilities allow an attacker to
take advantage of inconsistencies between a tunnel's overlay IPv6
routing state and the native IPv6 routing state.  The attack forms a
routing loop which can be abused as a vehicle for traffic
amplification to facilitate DoS attacks.  The first aim of this
document is to inform on this attack and its root causes.  The second
aim is to present some possible mitigation measures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nakibly-v6ops-tunnel-loops-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.