Subject: I-D Action:draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Network Trouble Ticket Data Model
	Author(s)       : D. Zisiadis, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-03.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2010-08-23

Handling multiple sets of network trouble tickets (TTs) 
originating from different participants inter-connected network
environments poses a series of challenges for the involved 
institutions, Grid is a good example of such multi-domain project.
Each of the participants follows different procedures for handling 
trouble in its domain, according to the local technical and 
linguistic profile. The TT systems of the participants collect, 
represent and disseminate TT information in different formats. 
As a result, management of the daily workload by a central Network
Operations Centre (NOC) is a challenge on its own. Normalization 
of TTs to a common format for presentation and storing at the 
central NOC is mandatory. In the present document we provide a 
model for automating the collection and normalization of the TT 
received by multiple networks forming the Grid. Each of the 
participants is using its home TT system within its domain for 
handling trouble incidents, whereas the central NOC is gathering 
the tickets in the normalized format for repository and handling. 
XML is used as the common representation language. The model was 
defined and used as part of the networking support activity of 
the EGEE project (Enabling Grids for E-sciencE).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dzis-nwg-nttdm-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.