Subject: I-D Action:draft-dt-roll-p2p-rpl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 19:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Goyal, E. Baccelli
	Filename        : draft-dt-roll-p2p-rpl-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-08-08

Point to point (P2P) communication between arbitrary IPv6 routers and
hosts in a Low power and Lossy Network (LLN) is a key requirement for
many applications.  RPL, the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs,
constrains the LLN topology to a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) and
requires the P2P routing to take place along the DAG links.  Such P2P
routes may be significantly suboptimal and may lead to traffic
congestion near the DAG root.  This document describes a P2P route
discovery mechanism complementary to RPL base functionality.  This
mechanism allows an RPL-aware IPv6 router or host to discover and
establish on demand one or more routes to another RPL-aware IPv6
router or host in the LLN such that the discovered routes meet the
specified cost criteria.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dt-roll-p2p-rpl-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.