Subject: I-D Action:draft-oiwa-http-mutualauth-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mutual Authentication Protocol for HTTP
	Author(s)       : Y. Oiwa
	Filename        : draft-oiwa-http-mutualauth-07.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2010-08-23

This document specifies a mutual authentication method for Hyper-Text
Transport Protocol (HTTP).  This method provides true mutual
authentication between an HTTP client and an HTTP server using
password-based authentication.  Unlike the Basic and Digest
authentication methods, the Mutual authentication method specified in
this document assures the user that the server truly knows the user's
encrypted password.  This prevents common phishing attacks: a
phishing attacker controlling a fake website cannot convince a user
that he authenticated to the genuine website.  Furthermore, even when
a user authenticates to an illegitimate server, the server cannot
gain any information about the user's password.  The Mutual
authentication method is designed as an extension to the HTTP
protocol, and is intended to replace existing authentication methods
used in HTTP (the Basic method, Digest method, and authentication
using HTML forms).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oiwa-http-mutualauth-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.