Subject: I-D Action:draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PayLoad Multi-connection Transport using Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : A. Singh, M. Scharf
	Filename        : draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2010-08-06

The single path transport provided by the Transmission Control
Protocol (TCP) can be extended to a multipath transport session for
multi-homed end hosts by coupling several TCP connections over
multiple interfaces of the end hosts. Payload Multi-connection
Transport (PLMT) is a multipath protocol variant that encodes all
the control/signaling information in the payload of TCP connections
and therefore requires no additional TCP options. PLMT allows for
the simultaneous use of the multiple connections over potentially
disjoint paths while being mostly backward compatible to single path
transport of TCP. PLMT operates as an additional protocol layer
between the network stack and the application layer. This document
describes PLMT as an example for a multipath mechanism that could
possibly be realized entirely in the user-space of an operating
system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.