Subject: I-D Action:draft-keyupate-bgp-rcn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Root cause notification to solve BGP path hunting
	Author(s)       : K. Patel, et al.
	Filename        : draft-keyupate-bgp-rcn-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-08-08

Whenever a prefix is withdrawn using BGP withdrawal mechanism, it
triggers a number of updates in certain scenarios before the prefix
is completly withdrawn from the entire BGP network.  This phenomenon
is popularly known as _path exploration_ or _path hunting_ and occurs
because of path vector property of BGP.  It results in a series of
unwanted or redundant transitions that overloads the BGP network.

This document describes a mechanism to help limit the amount of such
path exploration by defining two optional transitive path attributes
for BGP: SPEAKERID_PATH and ROOT_CAUSE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keyupate-bgp-rcn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.