Subject: I-D Action:draft-weil-opsawg-provider-address-space-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)       : J. Weil, et al.
	Filename        : draft-weil-opsawg-provider-address-space-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-08-15

This document specifies the use of a reserved IANA IPv4 address
allocation to support the deployment of IPv6 transition technologies
and IPv4 address sharing technologies post IPv4 exhaustion.  Service
providers are in the process of implementing IPv6 support by
providing dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6 services to their end-users.  One
method for continued support of the IPv4 Internet post IANA IPv4
depletion is through the use of a carrier-provided NAT444
infrastructure.  Another mechanism used to transition to IPv6 is an
IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel such as IPv6 Rapid Deployment (6RD).  This
document details the use of an IANA reserved address block for these
purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weil-opsawg-provider-address-space-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.