Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Port Management To Reduce Logging In Large-Scale NATs
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou (Ting ZOU), T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-08-27

Various IPv6 transition strategies require the introduction of large
-scale NATs (e.g.  AFTR, NAT64) to share the limited supply of IPv4
addresses available in the network until transition is complete.
There has recently been debate over how to manage the sharing of
ports between different subscribers sharing the same IPv4 address.
One factor in the discussion is the operational requirement to log
the assignment of transport addresses to subscribers.  It has been
argued that dynamic assignment of individual ports between
subscribers requires the generation of an excessive volume of logs.
This document suggests a way to achieve dynamic port sharing while
keeping log volumes low.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.