Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for 6LoWPAN Routing
	Author(s)       : E. Kim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-07.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-08-04

6LoWPANs are formed by devices that are compatible with the IEEE
802.15.4 standard.  However, neither the IEEE 802.15.4 standard nor
the 6LoWPAN format specification define how mesh topologies could be
obtained and maintained.  Thus, it should be considered how 6LoWPAN
formation and multi-hop routing could be supported.
This document provides the problem statement and design space for
6LoWPAN routing.  It defines the routing requirements for 6LoWPAN
networks, considering the low-power and other particular
characteristics of the devices and links.  The purpose of this
document is not to recommend specific solutions, but to provide
general, layer-agnostic guidelines about the design of 6LoWPAN
routing, which can lead to further analysis and protocol design.
This document is intended as input to groups working on routing
protocols relevant to 6LoWPAN, such as the IETF ROLL WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.