Subject: I-D Action:draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CNAME at the zone apex
	Author(s)       : O. Sury
	Filename        : draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-08-18

This document proposes a modification to CNAME record to coexist with
SOA and NS records at the zone apex.  This proposal will improve
aliasing in the DNS system.  The users are often forced to manually
add duplicate A, AAAA and MX records by copying data from the target
zone to the aliased zone.  This forces zone owner to keep track of
target domain name since the mismatch in the data could cause
failures.  This administrative burden will be eliminated by allowing
CNAME to coexist with NS and SOA resource records.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.