Subject: I-D Action:draft-quigley-label-format-registry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 07:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Registry Specification for MAC Security Label Formats
	Author(s)       : D. Quigley, J. Lu
	Filename        : draft-quigley-label-format-registry-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-08-02

In the past Mandatory Access Control(MAC) systems have used very
rigid policies which were hardcoded into the particular protocol and
platform.  As MAC systems are more widely deployed additional
flexibility in mechanism and policy is required.  Where traditional
trusted systems implemented Multi-Level Security and integrity
models, modern systems have expanded to include technologies such as
type enforcement.  Due to the wide range of policies and mechanisms
it has proven through past efforts to be virtually impossible to
accomodate all parties in one security label format and model.

To accomodate multiple MAC mechanisms and label formats this document
proposes a registry of label format specifications.  This registry
contains several identifiers to accomodate both integer and string
preferences and associates those identifiers with an extensive
document outlining the exact syntax and use of the particular label
format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quigley-label-format-registry-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.