Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-6man-update-ipv6-ext-hdr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Standardizing IPv6 Extension Header Definition
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-6man-update-ipv6-ext-hdr-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2010-9-26
	
      In IPv6, optional internet-layer information is encoded in 
      separate headers that may be placed between the IPv6 header and 
      the upper-layer header in a packet.  There are a small number of 
      such extension headers, each identified by a distinct Next 
      Header value. However, it presents no backward compatible way 
      for incrementally introducing new IPv6 extension headers inside 
      the network.  

      Additionally since there is no standard format for extension 
      headers, it becomes impossible for intermediaries that want to 
      deep inspect the packet to parse an incoming packet which 
      carries an extension header that it does not recognize. 

      This document attempts to standardize the IPv6 extension header 
      format to fix these issues. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-6man-update-ipv6-ext-hdr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.