Subject: I-D Action:draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PF_KEY Extension as an Interface between Mobile IPv6 and IPsec/IKE
	Author(s)       : A. Ebalard, S. Decugis
	Filename        : draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-09-30

This document describes the need for an interface between Mobile IPv6
and IPsec/IKE and shows how the two protocols can interwork.  An
extension of the PF_KEY framework is proposed which allows smooth and
solid operation of IPsec/IKE in a Mobile IPv6 environment.

This document is heavily based on a previous draft [MIGRATE] written
by Shinta Sugimoto, Masahide Nakamura and Francis Dupont.  It simply
reuses the MIGRATE mechanism defined in the expired document, removes
a companion extension (SADB_X_EXT_PACKET) based on implementation
feedback (complexity, limitations, ...) and fills the gap by very
simple changes to MIGRATE mechanism.  This results in a more simple
and consistent mechanism, which also proved to be easier to
implement.  This document is expected to serve as a continuation of
[MIGRATE] work.  For that reason, the name of the extension has been
kept.

PF_KEY MIGRATE message serves as a carrier for updated information
for both the in-kernel IPsec structures (Security Policy Database /
Security Association Database) and those maintained by the key
managers.  This includes in-kernel Security Policy / Security
Association endpoints, key manager maintained equivalents, and
addresses used by IKE_SA (current and to be negotiated).  The
extension is helpful for assuring smooth interworking between Mobile
IPv6 and IPsec/IKE for the bootstrapping of mobile nodes and their
movements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.