Subject: I-D Action:draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-09-15

This document introduces the transport of call control related User
to User Information (UUI) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP),
and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.  Some SIP
sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP application.
This application may have information that needs to be transported
between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.  A common
example in another protocol is the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Service.  As networks move to SIP it is important that
applications requiring this data can continue to function in SIP
networks as well as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service
for end-to-end transparency.  This document discusses requirements
and approaches.  This extension will also be used for native SIP
endpoints implementing similar services and interworking with ISDN
services.  Example use cases include an exchange between two user
agents, retargeting by a proxy, and redirection.  An example
application is an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) in a contact
center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.