Subject: I-D Action:draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels
	Author(s)       : V. Kuarsingh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-09-22

This document provides an overview of a framework describing the
management of 6to4 [RFC3056] tunnels within a provider network.  The
6to4 provider managed tunnel, or 6to4-PMT, combines the current
behavior of 6to4 [RFC3056] utilizing the IPv4 anycast based
connectivity defined in [RFC3068] along with IPv6 Prefix Translation.
The framework is intended to allow Service Providers an option to
translate 6to4 based addresses to provider based addresses utilizing
provider assigned prefixes.  The framework offers IPv6 connectivity
to 6to4 compatible endpoints [RFC3056] with the advantage of a stable
provider assigned prefix.  The 6to4-PMT operation is not intended to
replace Native IPv6 connectivity nor 6RD, but rather provide a
connectivity before such options can be deployed by an operator.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.