Subject: I-D Action:draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Name-Based Sockets Architecture
	Author(s)       : J. Ubillos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-09-17

This memo defines Name-based sockets. name-based sockets allow
application developers to refer to remote hosts (and it self) by name
only, passing on all IP (locator) management to the operating system.
Applications are thus relieved of re-implementing features such as
multi-homing, mobility, NAT traversal, IPv6/IPv4 interoperability and
address management in general.  The operating system can in turn re-
use the same solutions for a whole set of guest applications. name-
based sockets aims to provide a whole set of features without adding
new indirection layers, new delays or other dependences while
maintaining transparent backwards compatibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.