Subject: I-D Action:draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Logging of NAT Events
	Author(s)       : S. Sivakumar
	Filename        : draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-09-14

Carrier grade NAT (CGN) devices are required to log events like
creation and deletion of translations and information about the
resources it is managing.  The logs are required in many cases to
identify an attacker or a host that was used to launch malicious
attacks and/or for various other purposes of accounting.  Since there
is no standard way of logging this information, different NAT devices
behave differently and hence it is difficult to expect a consistent
behavior.  The lack of a consistent way makes it difficult to write
the collector applications that would receive this data and process
it to present useful information.  This document describes the
information that is required to be logged by the NAT devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.