Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 02:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCC-PCE Communication and PCE Discovery Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)       : E. Oki, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-13.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-09-29

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path
computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) controlled networks.

MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered client/server
networks. It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to
provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network
layers. PCE is a candidate solution for such requirements.

Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "PCE
Communication Protocol Generic Requirements". Generic requirements
for PCE discovery protocol are presented in "Requirements for Path
Computation Element (PCE) Discovery".

This document complements the generic requirements and presents
detailed sets of PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements and PCE
discovery protocol requirements for inter-layer traffic engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.