Subject: I-D Action:draft-boucadair-behave-dns-a64-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A64: DNS Resource Record for IPv4-Embedded IPv6 Address
	Author(s)       : M. Boucadair, E. Burgey
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-behave-dns-a64-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-09-07

In the context of IPv4-IPv6 interconnection (or interworking),
several solutions have been proposed within IETF.  Some of these
solutions require the definition of a new IPv4-Embedded IPv6 address
which is used to represent an IPv4-only host in an IPv6 realms and
the definition of a new mechanism called DNS64 for synthesizing a
AAAA record, representing an IPv4-Embedded IPv6 address in the DNS
system, from the A record representing the IPv4 address of the IPv4-
only host .  This IPv4-Embedded IPv6 address, when managed by a
translator, is to be considered as "fake" address in a DNS system
since it is not necessarily assigned to any host's interface
qualified by the associated name.

This document defines a new DNS record type and query type to
identify IPv4-Embedded IPv6 address from native IPv6 ones.  The new
record type and query type aim at helping the requesting party to
enforce its policies and avoid crossing NAT64 boxes when possible.
Native addresses are to be preferred.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-behave-dns-a64-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.