Subject: I-D Action:draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internet Media Types and the Web
	Author(s)       : L. Masinter
	Filename        : draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-09-22

This document describes some of the ways in which parts of the MIME
system, originally designed for electronic mail, have been used in
the web, and some of the ways in which those uses have resulted in
difficulties.  This informational document is intended as background
and justification for a companion Best Current Practice which makes
some changes to the registry of Internet Media Types and other
specifications and practices, in order to facilitate Web application
design and standardization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.