Subject: I-D Action:draft-hardie-advance-mechanics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proposed mechanics for document advancement
	Author(s)       : T. Hardie
	Filename        : draft-hardie-advance-mechanics-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-09-16

The IETF has maintained a three-stage standards track for some time,
with basic mechanics set out in RFC 2026 [RFC2026].  The mechanics as
described, however, are not currently used in practice and
advancement along the standards track is both unusual and more
difficult than many IETF participants find reasonable.  This document
proposes an update to those mechanics, in the interest of improving
the overall functioning of the IETF.  It is compatible with, but does
not require, a move to a two-stage standards track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-advance-mechanics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.