Subject: I-D Action:draft-ebalard-mext-m6t-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 04:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MIPv6 from IPv4-only networks
	Author(s)       : A. Ebalard
	Filename        : draft-ebalard-mext-m6t-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-09-01

MIPv6 [RFC3775] protocol has been designed to work on IPv6 networks:
nothing was initially provisioned in the specification to support
movement of Mobile Nodes to IPv4-only networks (with or without NAT)
or the communication with IPv4 peers.

DSMIPv6 [RFC5555] is the official solution specified to address those
needs.  It requires IPv4/NAT-awareness by the MIPv6 module, IKE
module and IPsec stack.  The global approach selected by DSMIPv6
requires changes to implementations and increases complexity.

This memo presents an alternative approach to support operations of
MIPv6 mobile nodes from IPv4-only networks.  It does not require
changes to MIPv6 modules, IKE module and IPsec stack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ebalard-mext-m6t-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.