Subject: I-D Action:draft-mraihi-totp-timebased-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 23:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TOTP: Time-based One-time Password Algorithm
	Author(s)       : S. Machani, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mraihi-totp-timebased-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-09-08

This document describes an extension of one-time password (OTP)
algorithm, namely the HAMC-Based One-Time Password (HOTP) Algorithm
as defined in RFC 4226, to support time-based moving factor.  The
HOTP algorithm specifies an event based OTP algorithm where the
moving factor is an event counter.  The present work bases the moving
factor on a time value.  A time-based variant of the OTP algorithm
provides short-lived OTP values, which are desirable for enhanced
security.

The proposed algorithm can be used across a wide range of network
applications ranging from remote Virtual Private Network (VPN)
access, Wi-Fi network logon to transaction-oriented Web applications.
The authors believe that a common and shared algorithm will
facilitate adoption of two-factor authentication on the Internet by
enabling interoperability across commercial and open-source
implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mraihi-totp-timebased-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.