Subject: I-D Action:draft-hamarsheh-behave-biav2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hosts with Any Network Connectivity Using "Bump-in-the-API"(BIA)
	Author(s)       : A. Hamarsheh
	Filename        : draft-hamarsheh-behave-biav2-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2010-09-09

This document specifies a mechanism for hosts with any network
 connectivity (IPv4 only, IPv6 only, or dual IPv4/IPv6 
connectivity) to run applications of any capability 
(IPv4 only, IPv6 only, or dual IPv4/IPv6) without any 
modification to those applications. It is a generalisation 
of a previous experimental protocol called "Bump-in-the-API"
(BIA) [RFC3338]. New mechanism of BIA allows a changeover between
the application layer and the IP communication layers from IPv4 
to IPv6 and vice versa or IPv6 to IPv4 and vice versa, without 
requiring those applications to be converted in addressing 
capabilities, effectively shielding the application layer from
IPv4 or IPv6 connectivity. This is considered by the authors to
be one of the essential conditions for the transition to IPv6
in the Internet to be successful.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamarsheh-behave-biav2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.