Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework of Media-Independent Pre-Authentication (MPA) for Inter- domain Handover Optimization
	Author(s)       : A. Dutta, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-08.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2010-09-06

This document describes Media-independent Pre-Authentication (MPA), a
new handover optimization mechanism that addresses the issues on
existing mobility management protocols and mobility optimization
mechanisms to support inter-domain handover.  MPA is a mobile-
assisted, secure handover optimization scheme that works over any
link-layer and with any mobility management protocol and is best
applicable to support optimization during inter-domain handover.
MPA's pre-authentication, pre-configuration, and proactive handover
techniques allow many of the handoff related operations to take place
before the mobile has moved to the new network.  We describe the
details of all the associated techniques and its applicability for
different scenarios involving various mobility protocols during
inter-domain handover.  We have implemented MPA mechanism for various
network layer and application layer mobility protocols and report
summary of experimental performance results in this document.

This document is a product of the IP Mobility Optimizations (MobOpts)
Research Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-mpa-framework-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.