Subject: I-D Action:draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Local Trust Anchor Management for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : S. Kent, M. Reynolds
	Filename        : draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2010-09-03

This document describes a facility to enable a relying party (RP) to
manage trust anchors (TAs) in the context of the Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI). It is common to allow an RP to import TA
material in the form of self-signed certificates. The facility
described in this document allows an RP to impose constraints on such
TAs. Because this mechanism is designed to operate in the RPKI
context, the relevant constraints are the RFC 3779 extensions that
bind address spaces and/or autonomous system (AS) numbers to
entities. The primary motivation for this facility is to enable an RP
to ensure that resource allocation information that it has acquired
via some trusted channel is not overridden by the information
acquired from the RPKI repository system or by the putative TAs that
the RP imports. Specifically, the mechanism allows an RP to specify a
set of bindings between public key identifiers and RFC 3779 extension
data and will override any conflicting bindings expressed via the
putative TAs and the certificates downloaded from the RPKI repository
system. Although this mechanism is designed for local use by an RP,
an entity that is accorded administrative control over a set of RPs
may use this mechanism to convey its view of the RPKI to a set of RPs
within its jurisdiction. The means by which this latter use case is
effected is outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.