Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : GRE Key Extension for Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)       : P. Yegani, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-09-27

The GRE specification contains a Key field, which MAY contain a value
that is used to identify a particular GRE data stream.  This
specification defines a new Mobile IP extension that is used to
exchange the value to be used in the GRE Key field.  This extension
further allows the Mobility Agents to set up the necessary protocol
interfaces prior to receiving the mobile's traffic.  The new
extension allows a foreign agent to request GRE tunneling without
disturbing the Home Agent behavior specified for Mobile IPv4.  GRE
tunneling with the Key field allows the operators to have home
networks that consist of multiple Virtual Private Networks (VPNs),
which may have overlapping home addresses.  When the tuple < Care of
Address, Home Address and Home Agent Address > is the same across
multiple subscriber sessions, GRE tunneling will provide a means for
the FA and HA to identify data streams for the individual sessions
based on the GRE key.  In the absence of this key identifier, the
data streams cannot be distinguished from each other, a significant
drawback when using IP-in-IP tunneling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.