Subject: I-D Action:draft-brandenburg-avt-rtcp-for-idms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 06:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTCP XR Block Type for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : H. Stokking, et al.
	Filename        : draft-brandenburg-avt-rtcp-for-idms-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-09-24

This document specifies an RTCP XR Block Type for inter-destination
media synchronization (IDMS). The RTCP Block Type is used to collect
information on media play-out time of a specific RTP media stream,
and to distribute a summary of the collected information. This
information can be used to synchronize the play-out of media such as
audio, video and/or subtitles among multiple devices.

This document also specifies the associated SDP parameter. The SDP
parameter is used to signal the use of the RTCP XR block for inter-
destination media synchronization.

Typical applications for inter-destination media synchronization are
social TV, watching apart together and shared service control. Each
of these applications has two or more geographically separated users
watching a media stream on respective devices. RTCP-XR is intended as
a signaling mechanism to enable various media synchronization
algorithms amongst users. The presented RTCP-XR specification for
IDMS is independent of the used synchronization algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandenburg-avt-rtcp-for-idms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.