Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-csi-proxy-send-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Secure Proxy ND Support for SEND
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-csi-proxy-send-05.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-09-28

Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) specifies a method for securing
Neighbor Discovery (ND) signaling against specific threats.  As
defined today, SEND assumes that the node sending a ND message is the
owner of the address from which the message is sent and/or posses a
key which authorizes the node to act as a router, so that it is in
possession of the private key or keys used to generate the digital
signature on each message.  This means that the Proxy ND signaling
performed by nodes that do not possess knowledge of the address
owner's private key and/or knowledge of a router's key cannot be
secured using SEND.  This document extends the current SEND
specification in order to secure Proxy ND operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-csi-proxy-send-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.