Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-karp-non-ipsec-ospfv3-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Non IPSec Authentication mechanism for OSPFv3
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-karp-non-ipsec-ospfv3-auth-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2010-9-27
	
Currently a few routing protocols use IPSec for authenticating 
      their protocol packets. There are known issues with using IPSec 
      with the routing protocols and this draft proposes an 
      alternative Generic Authentication mechanism that can be used so 
      that these protocols do not depend upon IPSec for security. The 
      mechanism introduced in this draft is generic and can be used by 
      any protocol that currently uses IPSec for authentication. 

      While this mechanism is generic, this draft specifically looks 
      at OSPFv3 and how it can use the mechanism described herein.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-karp-non-ipsec-ospfv3-auth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.