Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zheng-host-initiated-nat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Host-initiated NAT 
	Author(s)	: L. Zheng
	Filename	: draft-zheng-host-initiated-nat-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2010-9-27
	
   This document presents a new method to implement the NAT function,
   which requires the cooperating of the hosts and the NAT gateway. The
   proposed NAT mechanism is called Host-initiated NAT, or HI-NAT for
   short. Traditional NAT function is performed in the gateway, while
   the hosts are not aware of the address translation at all. One
   drawback of such mechanism is that all translation works need to be
   done in one device, the NAT gateway, which may bring performance
   bottleneck. The presented HI-NAT mechanism shows another possible
   solution to improve network performance by the cooperating of the
   hosts and the Gateway. In more details, the hosts will initiate the
   NAT procedure with its local IP address. After getting the translated
   IP address, the hosts will use it in every packet sending out to ease
   the translating workload of the NAT gateway. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zheng-host-initiated-nat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.