Subject: I-D Action:draft-welter-ipsecme-ikev2-reauth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reauthentication Extension for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : K. Welter
	Filename        : draft-welter-ipsecme-ikev2-reauth-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-09-28

This document extends the Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol
document [IKEv2].  IKEv2 reauthentication does not scale well when an
IKE SA has multiple Child SAs because each Child SA of the IKE SA to
be reauthenticated must be renegotiated.  In addition,
reauthentication is susceptible to the same kinds of exchange
collisions as those that may occur during rekeying.  This document
describes a mechanism to detect reauthentication and avoid
renegotiating the Child SAs.  In addition, this document describes
proper handling of exchange collisions that may occur during
reauthentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-welter-ipsecme-ikev2-reauth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.