Subject: I-D Action:draft-hong-netext-hybrid-hnp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 05:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hybrid home network prefix for multihoming in PMIPv6
	Author(s)       : Y. Hong, J. Youn
	Filename        : draft-hong-netext-hybrid-hnp-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-25

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) supports multihoming where a mobile node
can connect to a PMIPv6 domain through multiple interfaces for
simultaneous access or inter-technology handoff.  However, for an
inter-technology handoff, PMIPv6 does not allow simultaneous access
since all the home network prefixes associated with one interface are
delivered to another interface of a mobile node.  In addition, if we
assume that the flow is classified by home network prefix, then the
PMIPv6 cannot support flow mobility since it requires moving just
some home network prefixes between interfaces.  In this document, we
propose a hybrid home network prefix assignment (HHNPA) scheme where
both the static prefix model and the dynamic prefix model are used.
By using these two different home network prefix models, it can
support flow mobility that some home network prefixes are moved to
another interface and some home network prefixes are remained at
existing interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-netext-hybrid-hnp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.