Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation as IPv6 Migration Tool in Mobile Networks
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-12

As interest on IPv6 deployment is increasing in cellular networks
several migration issues are being raised and IPv6 prefix management
is the one addressed in this document.  Based on the idea that DHCPv6
servers can manage prefixes, we address prefix management issues such
as the access router offloading delegation and release tasks of the
prefixes to a DHCPv6 server using DHCPv6 PD.  The access router first
requests a prefix for an incoming mobile node from the DHCPv6 server.
The access router may next stateless or stateful address allocation
to the mobile node, e.g. with a Router Advertisement or using DHCP.
We also describe prefix management using Authentication Authorization
and Accounting servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.