Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: RFC Editor Model Version 2
	Author(s)	: G. Kowack
	Filename	: draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2010-10-25
	
The RFC Editor publishes the Internet's archival series of technical
   and informational documents.  RFC 5620 defines RFC Editor Model
   Version 1, whose implementation began in January 2010.  Model 1
   divides RFC Editor activities into a number of components, including
   the RFC Series Editor (RSE).  During 2010, a "Transitional RFC Series
   Editor" performed and evaluated the RSE role.  Based on direct
   experience, extensive discussions with the community, and research,
   the TRSE provides this updated version of RFC 5620.  This draft
   revises the RSE job description, and makes recommendations for the
   search and selection process for a permanent RSE.  This memo also
   clarifies RFC Editor and RSE activities using established approaches
   of management and oversight of a publication service, tailored for
   the style of the Internet technical community.  Careful attention is
   paid to ensuring stable operations.  This document observes that RSE
   responsibilities demand a very high level of editorial and managerial
   expertise.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.