Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huang-mpls-ring-signaling-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Signaling extension for MPLS ring protection
	Author(s)	: Y. Huang, Y. Jiang
	Filename	: draft-huang-mpls-ring-signaling-extension-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2010-10-25
	
When using Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
(LSP) on a ring topology, it is needed to minimize the labels for
protection purpose and minimize the configuration effort. Though MPLS
Fast Re-Route [MPLS-FRR] can achieve automatic LSP service protection,
it is not optimized as many labels are used to create lots of detour
LSPs.

This document describes a MPLS ring mechanism and some extensions on
signaling protocol to facilitate the establishment of Label Switched
Paths (LSPs) using Label Distribution Protocol [LDP] or RSVP-TE
protocol [RSVP-TE] to achieve automated link and node protection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huang-mpls-ring-signaling-extension-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.