Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-decade-data-regeneration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Router-supported Data Regeneration for In-network Storage Systems
	Author(s)	: X. Wang, J. Zhao, J. Li, T. Zeng, S. Duan
	Filename	: draft-wang-decade-data-regeneration-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2010-10-18
	
In-network storage systems store redundancy to compensate for the
   data loss incurred by hardware failures. To maintain the amount of
   redundancy, in-network storage systems should regenerate the lost
   redundancy on a replacement server. This document introduces a
   practical work of router-supported data regeneration in in-network
   storage systems. Supporting routers in such systems can help to
   reduce the traffic incurred during the regeneration and save the
   regeneration time. This document presents a regeneration process that
   exploits the bandwidth diversity in the network, and the
   corresponding protocol for storage servers and supporting routers
   such that supporting routers can work transparently to support the
   regeneration process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-decade-data-regeneration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.