Subject: I-D Action:draft-bormann-core-coap-block-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Sliced transfers in CoAP
	Author(s)       : C. Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-coap-block-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-24

CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained nodes and
networks.  CoAP is based on datagram transport, which limits the
maximum size of resource representations that can be transferred
without too much fragmentation.  A previous version of this draft
defined the Block option.  The Block option provides a minimal way to
transfer larger representations in a block-wise fashion.  It is
currently documented in the WG draft draft-ietf-core-block-00.txt

This short I-D attempts to pick up some recent discussion on the CoRE
mailing list, and defines a more general, but also slightly more
complex approach.  It is intended as an example for a complete design
based on this discussion, to enable a rational assessment of the
relative complexities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-core-coap-block-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.