Subject: I-D Action:draft-gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 07:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tracker Protocol
	Author(s)       : G. Yingjie, et al.
	Filename        : draft-gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document outlines the functionality required for a P2P streaming
Tracker Protocol, including functional entities and architecture, and
components.  Additionally, it provides two strawman proposals for
encoding the tracker information -- first using a binary protocol,
and using an HTTP/XML based encoding.

This Tracker protocol is an application-level protocol for peers to
register, publish/request content and provide peer status to
Trackers.  It is also used by trackers to provide peer lists to
peers, as well as to send control/management messages to and
communicate with other trackers.  The PPSP tracker protocol can serve
live media and VoD, as well as file sharing applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.