Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhai-vrrp-extension-ft-fm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensions to VRRP for Fast Transition of Failed Master
	Author(s)       : Z. Corporation, X. Gong
	Filename        : draft-zhai-vrrp-extension-ft-fm-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-10-17

This document extends VRRP mechanism to support fast transition of
non-master router to master when the original master router (is not
functioning or) becomes unavailable.  Through introducing another
state of router, named alternate state, when the failure of master
router is detected by alternate router with fast detection
technology, such as BFD, it will transmit to master immediately.
Then the new master will inform other routers in its VRRP group to
elect a new alternate router, and a fast detection session will be
established between alternate and master routers, through which the
availability of the master can be detected by alternate router.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhai-vrrp-extension-ft-fm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.