Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: DTN Bundle Age Block for Expiration without UTC
	Author(s)	: D. Brown, S. Farrell, S. Burleigh
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2010-10-25
	
As originally specified, [RFC5050] presumes that any DTN node will
   have access to accurate real world time.  Experience has shown that
   there are devices and networks where accurate real world time is
   difficult or impossible to consistently obtain.

   This draft proposes an extension block that contains the current age
   of a bundle in order to support bundle expiration for nodes and
   networks that have faulty, intermittent, or no notion of the real
   world time.  Bundle age may be used to expire bundles by a Bundle
   Protocol Agent which does not have access to accurate real world
   time.  The bundle age must be updated at each hop in order to
   maintain accuracy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.