Subject: I-D Action:draft-dunbar-armd-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:30:16 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Address Resolution for Large Data Center Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : L. Dunbar, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-armd-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-18

Server virtualization enables one physical server to support multiple
virtual machines (VMs) so that multiple virtual hosts (20, 30, or
hundreds of) can be running on one physical server. As virtual
machines are introduced to the data center, the number of hosts
within one data center can grow dramatically, resulting in
significant impact on the network.

This document describes reasons why it is still desirable to have
virtual machines in the data center to be in one Layer 2 network and
potential problems this type of Layer 2 network will face. The goal
is to outline the problem area for the IETF to create a working
group. This working group will
work on interoperable and scalable
solutions for data center(s) with large number of virtual machines.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dunbar-armd-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.