Subject: I-D Action:draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Authentication in Wireless Mesh Networks Through Kerberos Tickets
	Author(s)       : H. Moustafa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-10-18

This document presents the problem of authentication and
authorization in wireless mesh networks constituted by several users
communicating with application servers and communicating with each
other in a single or multi-hop fashion.  Each user in this
environment can also play the role of an application provider.

Imagine a large music event where the provided network infrastructure
is enhanced with network storage equipment to allow visitors to
access content relating to the bands playing at the events, such as
recorded video of previous performances, supplementary audio and
video material relevant to the bands playing, etc.  Certain content
is, however, not necessarily available to everyone under the same
conditions.  Instead access control is applied before the full range
of audio, and video material can be accessed.  Other content, such as
previews, might be offered for free.  How can such authentication,
and authorization infrastructure be made available with minimal
configuration complexity for a temporary event like a music festival?

This document lists the requirements for a potentially needed
Kerberos extension and presents a solution proposal based on the
attempt to use a Kerberos extension for mutual authentication in
wireless mesh networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.