Subject: I-D Action:draft-so-network-aware-application-problem-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Network Aware Application Resource Assignment and Mobility (NA-ARAM) in Data Center Environments
	Author(s)       : N. So, et al.
	Filename        : draft-so-network-aware-application-problem-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-21

Data Centers offer various application services to end-users such as
video gaming, cloud computing and others. Since the data centers used
to provide application services are distributed geographically around
a network, many decisions made in the control and management of
application services, such as where to instantiate another service
instance or to which server a new client is assigned, should be made
with the knowledge of the underlying network resources availability
and the application resources conditions.

Currently such decisions are made with very little or no information
concerning the underlying network used to deliver those services.
Hence such decisions are inherently sub-optimal. In addition the lack
of network awareness may result in not meeting the end-user
application service objectives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-so-network-aware-application-problem-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.