Subject: I-D Action:draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Ethernet VPN (E-VPN)
	Author(s)       : A. Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-10-17

The widespread adoption of Ethernet L2VPN services and the advent of 
new applications for the technology (e.g. data center interconnect) 
have culminated in a new set of requirements that are not readily 
addressable by the current VPLS solution. In particular, multi-
homing with all-active forwarding is not supported and there's no 
existing solution to leverage MP2MP LSPs for optimizing the delivery 
of multi-destination frames. Furthermore, the provisioning of VPLS, 
even in the context of BGP-based auto-discovery, requires network 
operators to specify various network parameters on top of the access 
configuration. This document specifies the requirements for an 
Ethernet VPN (E-VPN) solution which addresses the above issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.