Subject: I-D Action:draft-roca-fecframe-simple-rs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : V. Roca, et al.
	Filename        : draft-roca-fecframe-simple-rs-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-10-22

This document describes a fully-specified simple FEC scheme for Reed-
Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with 2 <= m <= 16, that can be used to
protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by the
FECFRAME framework.  Reed-Solomon codes belong to the class of
Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means they offer optimal
protection against packet erasures.  They are also systematic codes,
which means that the source symbols are part of the encoding symbols.
The price to pay is a limit on the maximum source block size, on the
maximum number of encoding symbols, and a computational complexity
higher than that of LDPC codes for instance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-fecframe-simple-rs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.