Subject: I-D Action:draft-nsheth-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Hybrid Broadcast and P2MP Interface Type
	Author(s)       : N. Sheth, et al.
	Filename        : draft-nsheth-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document describes a mechanism to model a broadcast network as a
hybrid of broadcast and point-to-multipoint networks for purposes of
OSPF operation.  Neighbor discovery and maintenance as well as LSA
database synchronization are performed using the broadcast model, but
the network is represented using the point-to-multipoint model in the
router LSAs of the routers connected to it.  This allows an accurate
representation of the cost of communication between different routers
on the network, while maintaining the network efficiency of broadcast
operation.  This approach is relatively simple and requires minimal
changes to OSPF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nsheth-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.