Subject: I-D Action:draft-masinter-mime-web-info-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MIME and the Web
	Author(s)       : L. Masinter
	Filename        : draft-masinter-mime-web-info-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document describes some of the ways in which parts of the MIME
system, originally designed for electronic mail, have been used in
the Web, and some of the ways in which those uses have resulted in
difficulties.  Given this background and justification, this document
then goes on to outline requirements for changes to MIME registries
and practices for their use within W3C and IETF, in order to address
those difficulties.  Within IETF, a companion Best Current Practice
document will be developed to specifically make some changes to the
Internet Media Types and Charset registries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.