Subject: I-D Action:draft-delregno-pwe3-mandatory-control-word-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mandatory Use of Control Word for PWE3 Encapsulations
	Author(s)       : N. Del Regno, et al.
	Filename        : draft-delregno-pwe3-mandatory-control-word-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-10-18

Of the many variations of PWE3 Encapsulations and Modes (e.g.
Ethernet, Port Mode, VLAN Mode, etc), only five have the Control Word
(CW) as being optional.  As a result, this causes an issue with VCCV
Control Channel selection.  This draft endeavors to resolve the issue
going forward by making the Control Word, and subsequently the CW-
based VCCV Control Channel, mandatory for all PWE3 Encapsulations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-delregno-pwe3-mandatory-control-word-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.