Subject: I-D Action:draft-masinter-dated-uri-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The 'tdb' and 'duri' URI schemes, based on dated URIs
	Author(s)       : L. Masinter
	Filename        : draft-masinter-dated-uri-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-10-22

This document defines two URI schemes.  The first, 'duri' (standing
for "dated URI"), allows indicating a URI as of a particular date
(and time).  This allows explicit reference to the "time of
retrieval", similar to the way in which bibliographic references
containing URIs are used.

The second scheme, 'tdb' ( standing for "Thing Described By"),
provides a way of using a way of minting URIs for anything that can
be described, with the ability to fix the description to a given date
or time.  The 'tdb' URI scheme may reduce the need to define define
new URN namespaces merely for the purpose of creating stable
identifiers for concepts or abstractions: it provides a ready means
for identifying "non-information resources" by semantic indirection
-- a way of creating a URI for anything.

Note

This document is not a product of any working group.  Many of the
ideas here have been discussed since 2001.  This document has been
discussed on the mailing list <[email-masked]>.  Previous versions have
couched 'tdb' and 'tdb' as URN namespaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.