Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Happy Eyeballs: Trending Towards Success with Dual-Stack Hosts
	Author(s)       : D. Wing, A. Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-14

People like their computers to work quickly.  During the transition
to new technology, both old and new technologies have to peacefully
co-exist.  However, if users experience connection delays attributed
to the new technology the new technology will be shunned.

HTTP ("The Web") is one of the most visible and time-critical
applications that is used by nearly every Internet user.  It is
critical that new technologies which improve HTTP not impair or delay
the display of HTTP content.  It is also important that users retain
the ability to share URIs amongst friends and colleagues, even if the
other users have not upgraded to the new technology.

This draft makes several recommendations to ensure user satisfaction
and a smooth transition from IPv4 to IPv6 with dual-stack hosts.

The audience for this draft is application developers and content
providers.  This draft is discussed on the v6oops mailing list,
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.