Subject: I-D Action:draft-kirkham-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 22:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Issues with Private IP Addressing in the Internet
	Author(s)       : A. Kirkham
	Filename        : draft-kirkham-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-10-02

The purpose of this document is to provide a discussion of the
potential problems of using private, RFC1918, or non-globally-
routable addressing within the core of an SP network.  The discussion
focuses on link addresses and to a small extent loopback addresses.
While many of the issues are well recognised within the ISP
community, there appears to be no document that collectively
describes the issues.

Legal

This documents and the information contained therein are provided on
an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION THEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kirkham-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.