Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Callbacks
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-10-25

After an emergency call is completed (either prematurely terminated
by the emergency caller or normally by the call-taker) it is possible
that the call-taker feels the need for further communication or for a
clarification.  For example, the call may have been dropped by
accident without the call-taker having sufficient information about
the current situation of a wounded person.  A call-taker may trigger
a callback towards the emergency caller using the contact information
provided with the initial emergency call.  This callback could, under
certain circumstances, then be treated like any other call and as a
consequence, it may get blocked by authorization policies or may get
forwarded to an answering machine.

The IETF emergency services architecture addresses callbacks in a
limited fashion and thereby covers a couple of scenarios.  This
document discusses some shortcomings and illustrates an extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.