Subject: I-D Action:draft-donley-nat444-impacts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Assessing the Impact of NAT444 on Network Applications
	Author(s)       : C. Donley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-donley-nat444-impacts-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-10-18

NAT444 is an IPv4 extension technology being considered by Service
Providers to continue offering IPv4 service to customers while
transitioning to IPv6.  This technology adds an extra Large-Scale NAT
("LSN") in the Service Provider network, thereby resulting in two
NATs.  CableLabs, Time Warner Cable, and Rogers Communications
independently tested the impacts of NAT444 on many popular Internet
services using a variety of test scenarios, network topologies, and
vendor equipment.  This document identifies areas where adding a
second layer of NAT disrupts the communication channel for common
Internet applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-donley-nat444-impacts-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.