Subject: I-D Action:draft-mrw-dvne-prot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dynamic Virtual Network Engine (DVNE) Protocol
	Author(s)       : M. Wasserman, P. Nallur
	Filename        : draft-mrw-dvne-prot-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-18

This document describes the Dynamic Virtual Network Engine (DVNE)
protocol.  The DVNE protocol is a signaling protocol between a
virtual network node (the DVNE Client) and a configuration server
(the DVNE Mediator).  The DVNE protocol is used to authenticate the
nodes in a Virtual Network and assist them to setup and release VPN
connections directly among themselves.

A DVNE clients can be located anywhere in a private or public
network, directly connected or behind one or more levels of NAT.  The
DVNE protocol performs client authentication, peer discovery, virtual
network address management, and provides all parameters necessary to
enable the clients setup a secure VPN connection.  The protocol does
not explicitly setup the VPN connection itself.  It only enables the
clients to be able to directly setup the VPN connection themselves.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrw-dvne-prot-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.