Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lei-tsvwg-gtpu-compression-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: ROHC profile for GTP-U compression
	Author(s)	: L. Zhu, A. Maguluri
	Filename	: draft-lei-tsvwg-gtpu-compression-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2010-10-15
	
This document specifies the comoression profile for IP/UDP/GTP-U
   header chain.

   ROHCv1 profiles [RFC 5795, RFC 4815] efficiently compress RTP/UDP/IP
   (Real-Time Transport Protocol, User Datagram Protocol, Internet
   Protocol), RTP/UDP-Lite/IP (User Datagram Protocol Lite), UDP/IP,
   UDP-Lite/IP, IP and ESP/IP (Encapsulating Security Payload) headers.

   The second version of the above profiles [ROHCv2] introduces a number
   of simplifications to the rules and algorithms that govern the
   behavior of the compression endpoints.  It also defines robustness
   mechanisms that may be used by a compressor implementation to
   increase the probability of decompression success when packets can be
   lost and/or reordered on the ROHC channel.  The ROHCv2 profiles
   define their own specific set of header formats, using the ROHC
   formal notation [RFC 4997].

   To compress the defined GTP-U header chain uses the ROHCv2 mechanism
   as mentioned above.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lei-tsvwg-gtpu-compression-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.