Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-csi-dhcpv6-cga-ps-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv6 and CGA Interaction: Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : S. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-csi-dhcpv6-cga-ps-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-10-20

This document describes potential issues in the interaction between 
DHCPv6 and Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGAs). Firstly, the 
scenario of using CGAs in DHCPv6 environments is discussed. Some 
operations are clarified for the interaction of DHCPv6 servers and 
CGA-associated hosts. We then also discuss how CGAs and DHCPv6 may 
have mutual benefits for each other, including using CGAs in DHCPv6 
operations to enhance its security features and using DHCPv6 to 
provide the CGA generation function. 

As an informational document, this document aims to analyze the 
possible interactions between CGAs and DHCPv6 from the functional 
perspective. This document does NOT propose/define any concrete 
solutions. Whether these possibilities are going to be defined as 
solutions or standards in the future is out of scope.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-csi-dhcpv6-cga-ps-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.