Subject: I-D Action:draft-hardie-mdtls-session-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multipath DTLS Session Layer
	Author(s)       : T. Hardie, J. Khuon
	Filename        : draft-hardie-mdtls-session-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-10-18

The Internet model has traditionally avoided the complication of an
explicit session layer, in favor of having applications and
transports divide the relevant work between them.  While this has
been a successful strategy when the packet flows from two hosts all
take the same path, there may be advantages in using a session-layer
strategy when a host initiates related flows from multiple interfaces
in independent routing domains (e.g. a 3G or 4G interface and a WiFi
interface).  This draft discusses an approach re-using the security
association mechanisms present in DTLS [RFC4347] to create a simple
session layer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-mdtls-session-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.