Subject: I-D Action:draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Wide BGP Communities Attribute
	Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, et al.
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-10-17

Communicating various routing policies via route tagging plays an
important role in external BGP peering relations.  It is also a very
common best practice among operators to propagate various additional
information about routes intra domain.  The most common tool used
today to attach various information about routes is realized with the
use of BGP communities.

Such information is important for the BGP speakers to perform some
mutually agreed actions without the need to maintain a separate
offline database for each pair of prefix and an associated with it
requested set of action entries.

This document defines a new encoding which will enhance and simplify
what can be accomplished today with the use of BGP communities.  The
most important addition this specification brings over currently
defined BGP communities is the ability to specify, carry as well as
use for execution operator's defined set of parameters.
Specification also provides an extensible platform for any new
community encoding needs in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.