Subject: I-D Action:draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS SRV Usage Guidelines and Owner Name Recommendations
	Author(s)       : O. Gudmundsson, A. Hoenes
	Filename        : draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-10-22

The DNS SRV record has been specified in RFC 2052 and RFC 2782 for
use in dynamic service discovery for a domain.  These two RFCs did
not clearly specify an IANA registry for the names of the services
and their underlying protocols.  This document clarifies RFC 2782
regarding the formation and use of the Service Prefix in the owner
name of SRV records, based on the unified IANA "Service Name and
Transport Protocol Port Number" registry and provides a few other
corrections, clarifications, and usage recommendations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.