Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zeng-one-time-prefix-orf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: One-time Address-Prefix Based Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4 
	Author(s)	: Q. Zeng, J. Dong
	Filename	: draft-zeng-one-time-prefix-orf-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2010-10-18
	
   This document defines a new Outbound Router Filter (ORF) type for 
   BGP, termed "One-time Address Prefix Outbound Route Filter", which 
   would allow a BGP speaker to send to its BGP peer a route refresh 
   request with a set of address-prefix-based filters to make the peer 
   re-advertise only the specific routes matching the filters to the 
   speaker. This ORF-type enables a BGP speaker to recover some 
   specific "problematic" routes without requiring its peer to re-
   advertise the whole Adj-RIB-Out of specific address family, which 
   makes the trouble shooting operation (such as packets tracking) more 
   efficient and reduces the impact on network stability. This filter 
   does not change the outbound route filters on BGP peers and should 
   only be used for one-time filtering. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeng-one-time-prefix-orf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.