Subject: I-D Action:draft-shao-ospf-mi-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Version 2 Multiple Instance Management Information Base
	Author(s)       : X. Shao, F. hu
	Filename        : draft-shao-ospf-mi-mib-00.txt
	Pages           : 95
	Date            : 2010-10-14

The OSPF MIB defined by the IETF (RFC 1850) was designed to work with
only one OSPF process/instance on a given router.

It currently doesn't offer a mechanism to access ospf mib obejects of
different instances.  For example, there is only a single
ospfRouterId object, not a table of them.

In order to handle multiple instances, RFC 4750 suggests that you use
SNMPv3 contexts to provide per-instance views.  This document
introduces a way for OSPF MIB to support multiple instance, no mater
in SNMPv2 or SNMPv3 contexts, by adding the object ospfProcId into
every OSPF MIB group.  According to the specified ospfProcId, other
obejects in this OSPF instance can be accessed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shao-ospf-mi-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.