Subject: I-D Action:draft-randriamasy-alto-mobile-core-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO in Mobile Core
	Author(s)       : Y. Mghazli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-mobile-core-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-10-22

The ALTO working group provides guidance to P2P applications, which
have to select one or several hosts from a set of candidates, that
are able to provide a desired resource.  This guidance shall be based
on parameters that affect performance and efficiency of the data
transmission between the hosts, e.g., the topological distance.  The
ultimate goal is to improve performance (or Quality of Experience) in
the application while reducing resource consumption in the underlying
network infrastructure.

The present document addresses the case of ALTO transactions
involving a peers connected via a mobile core network.  It proposes
specific scopes and use cases for mobile core networks and as a first
step, properties of paths and endpoints that allow to facilitate ALTO
transaction within such a scope.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-mobile-core-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.