Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-softwire-gwinit-6rd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : "Gateway-Initiated" 6rd
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou (Ting ZOU), et al.
	Filename        : draft-tsou-softwire-gwinit-6rd-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document proposes an alternative 6rd deployment model to that of
RFC 5969.  The basic 6rd model allows IPv6 hosts to gain access to
IPv6 networks across an IPv4 access network using 6-in-4 tunnels. 6rd
requires support by a device (the 6rd-CE) on the customer site, which
must also be assigned an IPv4 address.  The alternative model
described in this document initiates the 6-in-4 tunnels from an
operator-owned gateway collocated with the operator's IPv4 network
edge, rather than from customer equipment.  The advantages of this
approach are that it requires no modification to customer equipment
and avoids assignment of IPv4 addresses to customer equipment.  The
latter point means less pressure on IPv4 addresses in a high-growth
environment, as well as smaller IPv4 routing tables.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-softwire-gwinit-6rd-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.