Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 08:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-10-21

The operation of optical networks requires information on the
physical characterization of optical network elements, subsystems,
devices, and cabling. These physical characteristics may be important
to consider when using a GMPLS control plane to support path setup
and maintenance. This document discusses how the definition and
characterization of optical fiber, devices, subsystems, and network
elements contained in various ITU-T recommendations can be combined
with GMPLS control plane protocols and mechanisms to support
Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment (IA-RWA) in
optical networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.