Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huangshg-pce-crank-back-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol(PCEP) for Crank-back Routing
	Author(s)	: S. Huang, X. Li, D. Wang, W. Gu, X. Fu
	Filename	: draft-huangshg-pce-crank-back-routing-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2010-10-18
	
Path computation in large multi-layer and multi-region networks is
   complex and may require special computational components and
   cooperation between different network domains, whereby a failure
   affect to establish a path or a failure of an existing path may be
   corrected by a new path computation and fresh signaling.  This
   document specifies the crank-back routing mechanism based on re-
   routing in crank back Path Computation Element (PCE).  When a Path
   Computation Client (PCC) requests a PCE for a route, it may be useful
   for the PCC to specify Crank-back routing to the path computation,
   abstract nodes, resources, and domains that are to be explicitly
   excluded from the computed route.  Such mechanism is termed Crank-
   back routing.  The PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) is designed as a
   communication protocol between PCCs and PCEs.  To support this
   mechanism, function of PCE and procedure of PCEP signaling
   performance are extended.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huangshg-pce-crank-back-routing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.