Subject: I-D Action:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Re-ECN: Adding Accountability for Causing Congestion to TCP/IP
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe, et al.
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-09.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document introduces a new protocol for explicit congestion
notification (ECN), termed re-ECN, which can be deployed
incrementally around unmodified routers.  The protocol works by
arranging an extended ECN field in each packet so that, as it crosses
any interface in an internetwork, it will carry a truthful prediction
of congestion on the remainder of its path.  The purpose of this
document is to specify the re-ECN protocol at the IP layer and to
give guidelines on any consequent changes required to transport
protocols.  It includes the changes required to TCP both as an
example and as a specification.  It briefly gives examples of
mechanisms that can use the protocol to ensure data sources respond
correctly to congestion, but these are described more fully in a
companion document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.