Subject: I-D Action:draft-zuniga-mif-lif-implementation-guidelines-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Logical Interface (LIF) Implementation Guidelines
	Author(s)       : J. Zuniga, T. Melia
	Filename        : draft-zuniga-mif-lif-implementation-guidelines-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-10-18

A Logical Interface is a software module internal to the host that is
available in all popular operating systems. The use of this Logical
Interface allows supporting different network-based mobility
management solutions. In the NETEXT WG, work has been carried out to
define ways in which a Logical Interface can help IP flow mobility
(IFOM) for Proxy Mobile IPv6 [I-D.draft-ietf-netext-logical-
interface-support]. The same Logical Interface construct can help
other mobility management solutions like 3GPP GPRS Tunnelling
Protocol (GTP), and it can add benefits to multi-access scenarios
such as 3GPP Multi Access PDN Connectivity (MAPCON). This document
provides guidelines for the implementation and configuration of a
generic Logical Interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zuniga-mif-lif-implementation-guidelines-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.