Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application
	Author(s)       : F. Brockners, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-04.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2010-10-16

This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
the Diameter Network address and port translation Control
Application.  This Diameter application allows per endpoint control
of large scale Network Address Translators and Network Address and
Port Translators, which are added to cope with IPv4-address space
completion.  This Diameter application allows external devices to
configure and manage a Network Address Translator device - expanding
the existing Diameter-based AAA and policy control capabilities with
a Network Address Translators and Network Address and Port
Translators control component.  These external devices can be network
elements in the data plane such as a Network Access Server, or can be
more centralized control plane devices such as AAA-servers.  This
Diameter application establishes a context to commonly identify and
manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a large scale Network
Address Translator and Network Address and Port Translator device.
This includes, for example, the control of the total number of
Network Address Translator bindings allowed or the allocation of a
specific Network Address Translator binding for a particular
endpoint.  In addition, it allows large scale Network Address
Translator devices to provide information relevant to accounting
purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.