Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-softwire-6a44-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Native IPv6 Across NAT44 CPEs (6a44)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres, et al.
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-6a44-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-05

Most CPEs should soon be dual stack, but a large installed base of
IPv4-only CPEs is likely to remain for several years.  Also, with the
IPv4 address shortage, more and more ISPs will assign private IPv4
addresses to their customers.  The need for IPv6 connectivity
therefore concerns hosts behind IPv4-only CPEs, including such CPEs
that are assigned private addresses.  The 6a44 mechanism specified in
this document addresses this need, without limitations and
operational complexities of Tunnel Brokers and Teredo to do the same.

6a44 is based on an address mapping and on a mechanism whereby
suitably upgraded hosts behind a NAT may obtain IPv6 connectivity via
a stateless 6a44 server function operated by their Internet Service
Provider.  With it, traffic between two 6a44 hosts in a single site
remains within the site.  Except for IANA numbers that remain to be
assigned, the specification is intended to be complete enough for
running codes to be independently written and interwork.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-6a44-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.