Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2010-10-25

TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
improve resource usage within the network, and thus improve user
experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
network failure.

Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
the same type of service to applications as TCP - reliable bytestream
- and provides the components necessary to establish and use multiple
TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.