Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Increasing TCP's Initial Window
	Author(s)       : J. Chu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-05

This document proposes an increase in the permitted TCP initial
window (IW) from between 2 and 4 segments, as specified in RFC 3390,
to 10 segments. It discusses the motivation behind the increase, the
advantages and disadvantages of the higher initial window, and
presents results from several large scale experiments showing that
the higher initial window improves the overall performance of many
web services without risking congestion collapse. Finally, it
outlines a list of concerns to be addressed in future tests.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.