Subject: I-D Action:draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Known issues and best practices for the Use of Long Polling and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP
	Author(s)       : S. Loreto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-10-25

There is widespread interest in using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(HTTP) to enable asynchronous or server-initiated communication from
a server to a client as well as from a client to a server.  This
document describes the known issues and the best practices related to
the use of HTTP, as it exists today, to enable such "bidirectional
HTTP".  The two existing mechanisms, called "HTTP long polling" and
"HTTP streaming" are described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.