Subject: I-D Action:draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PPPv6 Problem statement and requirements
	Author(s)       : J. Hu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-10-17

The IPv6 Control Protocol (IPv6CP) is a NCP that allows for the
negotiation of parameters for an IPv6 interface over PPP. In IPv6
networks, PPP (PPPoE) will still be an important mechanism for
connecting broadband access users. However, IPv6CP only defines the
Interface-Identifier option, other parameters such as IPv6 Address,
Primary and alternative DNS server addresses, and delegated prefix
have to be configured by other methods rather than IPv6CP.

This document describes problems the ISPs faced and lists
requirements related when deploying IPv6 in broadband access network
over PPP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.