Subject: I-D Action:draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 01:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Enhanced Fast Handover for Mobile IPv6 based on IEEE 802.11 Network
	Author(s)       : Y. Mun, S. Ryu
	Filename        : draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-13

In MIPv6 [1], whenever a mobile node changes its attached point,
handover process should be followed to inform its home agent and
correspondent of a MN's current location. The handover process is
decomposed into layer 2 and layer 3 handovers again, and these two
handovers are accomplished sequentially, which causes long latency 
problem. This problem is a critical issue in MIPv6. To make up for
this, we propose an enhanced Fast Handover scheme to reduce the 
overall latency on handover, revising the Fast Handover [2].
Especially, several messages in layer 3 are sent in one frame during
layer 2 handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.