Subject: I-D Action:draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple LDPC-Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : V. Roca, et al.
	Filename        : draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-10-22

This document describes a fully-specified simple FEC scheme for LDPC-
staircase codes that can be used to protect media streams along the
lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  These codes have many
interesting properties: they are systematic codes, they perform close
to ideal codes in many use-cases and they also feature very high
encoding and decoding throughputs.  LDPC-Staircase codes are
therefore a good solution to protect a single high bitrate source
flow, or to protect globally several mid-rate flows within a single
FECFRAME instance.  They are also a good solution whenever the
processing load of a software encoder or decoder must be kept to a
minimum.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.