Subject: I-D Action:draft-morton-ippm-rt-loss-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 13:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Round-trip Loss Metrics
	Author(s)       : A. Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-rt-loss-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-06

Many user applications and the transport protocols that make them
possible require two-way communications.  To address this need, and
also for system simplicity, round-trip loss measurements are
frequently conducted in practice.  The Two-Way Active Measurement
Protocol specified in RFC 5357 establishes a round-trip loss
measurement capability for the Internet.  However, there is currently
no metric specified according to the RFC 2330 framework.

This memo proposes/adds round-trip loss to the set of IP Performance
Metrics (IPPM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-rt-loss-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.