Subject: I-D Action:draft-cheung-mpls-tp-mesh-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Shared Mesh Protection
	Author(s)       : T. Cheung, J. Ryoo
	Filename        : draft-cheung-mpls-tp-mesh-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document describes a mechanism to address the requirement for 
protection of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in an MPLS Transport 
Profile (MPLS-TP) mesh topology. The shared mesh protection mechanism 
enables multiple protection paths within a shared mesh protection 
domain to share protection resources for the protection of working 
paths by coordinating protection switching operations according to 
the priority assigned to each end-to-end linear protection domain. 

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force 
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication 
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport 
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the 
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheung-mpls-tp-mesh-protection-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.