Subject: I-D Action:draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for Mobile Node to Home Agent Communication
	Author(s)       : J. Korhonen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-06.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2010-10-19

Mobile IPv6 signaling between the mobile node and home agent is
secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile node
and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The security
model specified for Mobile IPv6, which relies on IKE/IPsec, requires
interaction between the Mobile IPv6 protocol part of the IP stack and
the IKE/IPsec part of the IP stack.  The IPsec/IKEv2 based security
architectures makes implementation and deployment of the protocol
infeasible for numerous reasons.  This document proposes an alternate
security framework, which relies on Transport Layer Security for
establishing keying material and other bootstrapping parameters
required to protect Mobile IPv6 signaling and data traffic between
the mobile node and home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mext-mip6-altsec-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.