Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-pvp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:30:12 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) Validation Protocol (PVP)
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-pvp-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-10-25

One of the main challenges in inter-domain federation of Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) calls is that many domains continue to
utilize phone numbers, and not email-style SIP URI.  Consequently, a
mechanism is needed that enables secure mappings from phone numbers
to domains.  The main technical challenge in doing this securely is
to verify that the domain in question truly is the "owner" of the
phone number.  This specification defines the PSTN Validation
Protocol (PVP), which can be used by a domain to verify this
ownership by means of a forward routability check in the PSTN.

Legal

This documents and the information contained therein are provided on
an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION THEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-vipr-pvp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.