Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Information Model for Impaired Optical Path Validation
	Author(s)       : Y. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-10-22

This document provides an information model for the optical
impairment characteristics of optical network elements for use in
GMPLS/PCE control plane protocols and mechanisms. This information
model supports Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment
(IA-RWA) in optical networks in which path computation and optical
path validation are essential components. This is not a general
network management information model.

This model is based on ITU-T defined optical network element
characteristics as given in ITU-T recommendation G.680 and related
specifications. This model is intentionally compatible with a
previous impairment free optical information model used in optical
path computations and wavelength assignment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.