Subject: I-D Action:draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Preamble Acquisition of MPEG2-TS Multicast Sessions
	Author(s)       : P. Yang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-10-24

The ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1 Transport Stream (MPEG2-TS)
addresses the combining of one or more elementary streams of video
and audio, as well as other data, into single or multiple streams
which are suitable for storage or transmission.  The necessary and
sufficient information contained in the Program Specific
Information(PSI) tables to demultiplex and present programs must be
acquired before a RTP receiver can process any data received in
MPEG2-TS.  In this document, a Retransmission Server is specified to
deliver MPEG2-TS preamble prior to unicast burst RTP packets.  The
Retransmission Server caches raw RTP packets with MPEG2-TS preamble
information, and sends them to the RTP receiver which initiates rapid
acquisition of MPEG2-TS multicast sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.