Subject: I-D Action:draft-roberts-fsasignaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:45:08 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Flow State Aware Signaling
	Author(s)       : L. Roberts
	Filename        : draft-roberts-fsasignaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-10-13

The concepts in this document are based on work on
Q.Flowstatesig in the ITU SG11/Q5. Flow State Aware Signaling
has been worked on in the ITU for the past 13 years. However,
this document stands on its own since no IETF compatible format
has yet been adopted. The goal of this protocol is to provide
(1) a technique to have network nodes provide available rate
flows (like TCP) rapid and periodic feedback to the sender as to
the maximum rate they should send and (2) to provide network
feedback to fixed rate flows (like UDP voice) if the peak rate
they require can be statistically assured. Network traffic using
this protocol should experience reduced response time, less
queuing delay and less packet discards. The use of this protocol
is limited to bounded subnets at the network edge and is to be
converted to and from standard IP flows at the subnet
boundaries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roberts-fsasignaling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.