Subject: I-D Action:draft-krishnan-ipv6-hopbyhop-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The case against Hop-by-Hop options
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-ipv6-hopbyhop-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-10-22

The Hop-by-Hop option header is a type of IPv6 extension header that
has been defined in the IPv6 protocol specification.  The contents of
this header need to be processed by every node along the path of an
IPv6 datagram.This draft highlights the characteristics of this
extension header which make it prone to Denial of Service attacks and
proposes solutions to minimize such attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnan-ipv6-hopbyhop-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.