Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-ccamp-latency-te-metric-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 04:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : GMPLS extensions to communicate latency as a TE performance metric
	Author(s)       : Q. Wang, X. Fu
	Filename        : draft-wang-ccamp-latency-te-metric-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-10-25

Latency is such requirement that must be achieved according to the
SLA signed between customers and service providers, so mechanism is
needed to collect, compute and identify the latency by signaling and
routing protocol.

This document describes the requirement and method to compute and
identify the latency by control plane in today's network which is
consisted of packet transport network and optical transport network
in order to meet the latency SLA of the customer.  This document also
describes RSVP-TE signaling and OSPF routing extensions needed to
support the computation and identification of latency.  These
extensions are intended to advertise and convey the information of
node latency and link latency as TE performance metric.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-ccamp-latency-te-metric-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.