Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-improve-dns-resolver-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improving the caching DNS resolvers on "authority failure"
	Author(s)       : Y. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wang-improve-dns-resolver-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document provides a new mechanism for caching DNS resolvers.
When all the authoritative name servers for a zone fail, and the
request can't be found in the cache, during a period of time the
caching DNS resolvers won't query the authoritative name servers, but
directly return a SERVFAIL to the clients to reduce the recursive
name server load and the network load.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-improve-dns-resolver-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.