Subject: I-D Action:draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IANA Procedures for Maintaining the Timezone Database
	Author(s)       : E. Lear, P. Eggert
	Filename        : draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-10-18

ATTENTION: This memo contains a DRAFT proposal for the IANA to assume
operational responsibilities relating to the management of the
Timezone (TZ) Database.  The authors seek comment and review of this
proposal.  No action will be taken without rough consensus of the TZ
community.

The Timezone (TZ) Database consists of timezone information for all
localities throughout the world.  This database has been meticulously
maintained and distributed free of charge by a group of volunteers,
coordinated by a single volunteer who is now planning to retire.
This memo specifies a DRAFT PROPOSAL for the IANA procedures involved
with maintenance of the TZ database and associated code, including
how to submit proposed updates, how decisions for inclusion of those
updates are made, and the selection of a designated expert BY AND FOR
the timezone community.  The intent of this memo is, to the extent
possible, document existing practice and provide a means to ease
succession.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.