Subject: I-D Action:draft-laganier-mext-cga-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Authorizing Mobile IPv6 Binding Update with Cryptographically Generated Addresses
	Author(s)       : J. Laganier
	Filename        : draft-laganier-mext-cga-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-25

The standard RFC 3775 mechanism to secure Mobile IPv6 Binding Updates
sent by a Mobile Node to its Home Agent relies on the use of a pair
of unidirectional IPsec security associations between these two
nodes.  The standard mechanism to secure Mobile IPv6 Binding Updates
sent by a Mobile Node to one of its Correspondent Nodes relies on the
use of a return routability test that involves the Correspondent Node
verifying reachability of the Mobile Node at both its Home Address
and its Care-of Address.  The mechanism also requires the
correspondent node to send keying material to both of these
addresses.

RFC 4866 specifies a standard track mecanism that allows a Mobile
Node that has configured a Cryptographically Generated Address (RFC
3972) as its Home Address to secure Mobile IPv6 Binding Updates sent
its Correspondent Nodes based on the properties of its
Cryptographically Generated Addresses.  Note that Cryptographically
Generated Addresses have also been used to counter similar security
issues in the context of SHIM6 (RFC 5533) and Secure Neighbor
Discovery (RFC 3971.)

This memo proposes a mechanism that would let a Mobile Node use a
similar mechanism to secure Mobile IPv6 Binding Updates its sent to
its Home Agent with a similar technique based on the use of
Cryptographically Generated Addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-mext-cga-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.