Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Low Extra Delay Background Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
	Author(s)       : S. Shalunov, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-10-25

LEDBAT is an experimental delay-based congestion control algorithm
that attempts to utilize the available bandwidth on an end-to-end
path while limiting the consequent increase in queueing delay on the
path.  LEDBAT uses changes in one-way delay measurements to limit
congestion induced in the network by the LEDBAT flow.  LEDBAT is
designed largely for use by background bulk-transfer applications; it
is designed to be no more aggressive than TCP congestion control and
yields in the presence of competing TCP flows, thus reducing
interference with the network performance of the competing flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.