Subject: I-D Action:draft-tschofenig-oauth-signature-thoughts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 03:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Thoughts about Digital Signatures for the Open Web Authentication (OAuth) Protocol
	Author(s)       : H. Tschofenig, B. Cook
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-oauth-signature-thoughts-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-10-18

The initial version of the Open Web Authentication Protocol (OAuth
1.0), often referred to as the community addition, included an
mechanism for putting a digital signature (when using asymmetric
keys) or a keyed message digest (when using symmetric keys) to a
resource request when presenting the OAuth token.  This cryptographic
mechanism has lead to lots of discussions, particularly about the
problems implementers had, the use cases it supports, and the
benefit-cost tradeoff.

This document tries to describe the use of the so-called 'OAuth
Signature' mechamism in an unbiased and less emotional way with the
main purpose to conclude the discussions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-oauth-signature-thoughts-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.