Subject: I-D Action:draft-zong-httpstreaming-gap-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Survey and Gap Analysis for HTTP Streaming Standards and Implementations
	Author(s)       : N. Zong
	Filename        : draft-zong-httpstreaming-gap-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2010-10-25

With the explosive growth of the Internet usage and increasing demand
for multimedia information on the web, media delivery over Internet
attract substantial attention from media industry.  To meet above
requirements, HTTP Streaming technology is designed and gradually
plays an important role in recent years.  Several leading Standard
Development Organizations (SDOs) have been producing a series of
technical specifications to define streaming over HTTP.  Moreover,
several companies have devoted to developing private HTTP-based media
delivery platform to provide high quality, adaptive viewing
experience to customers.  Following a brief survey of existing HTTP
streaming standards and implementations, this document gives a brief
summary on these related work, analyzes the potential challenges
especially from the network point of view, and lists the gap between
existing work and possible working scope on the topic of HTTP
streaming in IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zong-httpstreaming-gap-analysis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.