Subject: I-D Action:draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Incremental Zone Transfer Protocol (IXFR)
	Author(s)       : A. Hoenes, O. Sury
	Filename        : draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-10-25

The standard means within the Domain Name System protocol for
maintaining coherence among a zone's authoritative name servers
consists of three mechanisms.  Incremental Zone Transfer (IXFR) is
one of the mechanisms and originally was defined in RFC 1995.

This document aims to provide a more detailed and up-to-date
specification of the IXFR mechanism and to align it with the current
specification of the primary zone transfer mechanism, AXFR, given in
RFC 5936.  Further, based on operational experience, this document
juxtaposes to the original IXFR query a new query type, IXFR-ONLY,
that will likely be preferred over IXFR in specific deployments.

This document obsoletes and replaces RFC 1995.

Discussion

This draft targets adoption by the DNSEXT working group.  Comments
should be sent to the authors and/or the namedroppers mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.