Subject: I-D Action:draft-seedorf-ppsp-design-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Design Considerations for a Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Seedorf, M. Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-seedorf-ppsp-design-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-18

Streaming video on P2P overlays puts extremely high demands and
stress on the underlying network, especially in case of TV and live
streaming.  The EU research project NAPA-WINE has devised an overall
architecture for live video streaming that supports the needs of the
users and content providers, while being respective of network-level
needs, as reducing inter-AS traffic using ALTO-like services.  In
this document, we describe generic elements of this software
architecture for P2P live streaming and derive the corresponding
implications for standardizing a Peer-to-Peer streaming protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seedorf-ppsp-design-considerations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.