Subject: I-D Action:draft-so-network-aware-application-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:30:32 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Network Aware Application Resource Assignment and Mobility (NA-ARAM) in Data Center Environments
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-so-network-aware-application-problem-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-10-13

Data Centers offer various application services to end-users such as 
video gaming, cloud computing and others. As the data centers used to 
provide application services are distributed geographically around a 
network many decisions made in the control and management of 
application services such as where to instantiate another service 
instance or to which server a new client is assigned, should be made 
jointly with knowledge of the underlying network resources that are 
available and with knowledge of the application resources (e.g., 
server load conditions.  

Currently such decisions are made with very little or no information 
concerning the underlying network used to deliver those services. 
Hence such decisions are inherently sub-optimal. In addition the lack 
of network awareness may result in not meeting the end-user 
application service objectives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-so-network-aware-application-problem-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.