Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cauchie-opsawg-monitoring-mpls-label-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A method to monitor MPLS label mappings
	Author(s)	: G. Cauchie
	Filename	: draft-cauchie-opsawg-monitoring-mpls-label-mapping-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2010-10-18
	
   Because one MPLS label only identifies one single flow on a link
   between two MPLS routers, information related to one MPLS label is
   exchanged only between (physically and logically) neighbour routers.
   In other words, MPLS label have a link-local significance on which
   two neighbour routers have previously agreed on.  It is therefore not
   a trivial task for a network operator to know where a flow is going
   as it implies to retreive the MPLS labels mappings on each hops in
   order to get a complete view of end-to-end LSP paths.  This taks is
   even harder when it comes to get the MPLS label mappings over time in
   a purpose of monitoring and/or troubleshooting network services.

   This document thus defines a new method to monitor MPLS label
   mappings that collects and stores MPLS labels mapping information so
   as to offer to one IP/MPLS network operator a reliable and clear view
   of its network LSPs end-to-end establishment over time while
   minimising the impact on network convergence and router CPU.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cauchie-opsawg-monitoring-mpls-label-mapping-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.