Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control
	Author(s)       : F. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-10-20

Recent progress in ITU-T Recommendation G.709 standardization has 
introduced new ODU containers (ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e and ODUflex) and 
enhanced Optical Transport Networking (OTN) flexibility. Several 

 
<Zhang>

Expires April 2011

  [page 1] 

draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-06.txt

October 2010 

recent documents have proposed ways to modify GMPLS signaling 
protocols to support these new OTN features.  

It is important that a single solution is developed for use in GMPLS 
signaling and routing protocols. This solution must support ODUk 
multiplexing capabilities, address all of the new features, be 
acceptable to all equipment vendors, and be extensible considering 
continued OTN evolution.  

This document describes the extensions to the Generalized Multi-
Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling to control the evolving 
Optical Transport Networks (OTN) addressing ODUk multiplexing and new 
features including ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e and ODUflex.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-evolving-g709-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.