Subject: I-D Action:draft-stiemerling-alto-deployments-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 07:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Deployment Considerations
	Author(s)       : M. Stiemerling, S. Kiesel
	Filename        : draft-stiemerling-alto-deployments-05.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-10-25

Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
guidance to these applications, which have to select one or several
hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
resource.  The protocol is under specification in the ALTO working
group.  This memo discusses deployment related issues of ALTO for
peer-to-peer and CDNs, some preliminary security considerations, and
also initial guidance for application designers using ALTO.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-alto-deployments-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.