Subject: I-D Action:draft-mathis-conex-abstract-mech-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Congestion Exposure (ConEx) Concepts and Abstract Mechanism
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-mathis-conex-abstract-mech-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-10-18

This document describes an abstract mechanism by which senders inform
the network about the congestion encountered by packets earlier in
the same flow.  Today, the network may signal congestion to the
receiver by ECN markings or by dropping packets, and the receiver may
pass this information back to the sender in transport-layer feedback.
The mechanism to be developed by the ConEx WG will enable the sender
to also relay this congestion information back into the network in-
band at the IP layer, such that the total level of congestion is
visible to all IP devices along the path, from where it could, for
example, be provided as input to traffic management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mathis-conex-abstract-mech-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.