Subject: I-D Action:draft-cui-softwire-pet-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Translation Spot Negotiation in IPv4/IPv6-Coexist Mesh
	Author(s)       : Y. Cui, et al.
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-pet-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-10-25

IPv4 and IPv6 are expected to coexist for a long period.  Currently,
there are many IPv4/IPv6 transition/coexistence techniques, roughly
divided into the categories of tunneling and translation.  Tunneling
and translation have respective application scopes, and translation
has some technical limitations, including scalability issue,
application layer translation, operation complexity, etc.  To improve
the availability of translation, this draft proposes the method of
selecting appropriate translation spot to execute translation.  When
the translation spot is not on IPv4-IPv6 border, tunnel is used to
achieve the traversing between translation spot and IP border.  This
method applies well in mesh scenario where both IPv4 and IPv6 client
network exists, and BGP can be extended to achieve a translation spot
signaling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-pet-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.