Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fang-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Operator Considerations on MPLS-TP OAM Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: H. Li, T. Italia, C. Unicom, R. Jing, H. Zhang, L. Wang, P. zhang, Y. Yang, A. Giglio
	Filename	: draft-fang-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2010-10-25
	
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is
   based on a profile of the MPLS and pseudo wire (PW) procedures as
   specified in the MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE), pseudo wire (PW)
   and multi-segment PW (MS-PW) architectures complemented with
   additional Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   procedures for fault, performance and protection-switching management
   for packet transport applications that do not rely on the presence of
   a control plane.

   This document is intended to explain the criticality of progressing
   the essential suite of MPLS-TP OAM solution elements in order to meet
   the urgent and increasing requirements for metro packet transport
   networks. It describes examples of key packet transport network
   applications for several operators, reviews associated MPLS-TP
   service provider requirements, and analyzes MPLS-TP OAM solution
   approaches that have been submitted to the IETF.  Based upon this, it
   is recommended that the solution elements described in draft-bhh-
   mpls-tp-oam-y1731 [6] be included within the MPLS-TP toolkit for
   supporting MPLS-TP OAM Functions, and that the draft be progressed as
   a Standards Track RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fang-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.