Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gonzalezdedios-pce-resv-res-context-state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:00:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: PCEP Extensions for Temporary Reservation of Computed Path Resources and Support for Limited Context State in PCE
	Author(s)	: O. Gonzalez de Dios, F. Javier Jimenez Chico, R. Casellas
	Filename	: draft-gonzalezdedios-pce-resv-res-context-state-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2010-10-15
	
The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   A limited form of statefulness is useful to improve PCE functionality
   in situations in which the local TED might not be up to date, or in
   the case of concurrent requests where most of the LSPs are computed
   before the end of the set-up of the LSPs when the TED is updated.
   The PCE can retain some context from the resources assigned to Path
   Requests during a certain period of time, so that it avoids
   suggesting the use of the same resources for subsequent TE LSPs.

   This document proposes an extension to the PCEP protocol to allow the
   PCC to request the PCE to block or reserve the resources computed in
   a path request of a TE LSP for subsequent requests for a certain
   time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gonzalezdedios-pce-resv-res-context-state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.