Subject: I-D Action:draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 04:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Naming IPv6 address parts
	Author(s)       : L. Donnerhacke, et al.
	Filename        : draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-10-06

In the daily communication between technicians, engineers and other
people who need to deal with computer networks, it is often necessary
to refer to particular parts of IP addresses. In the world of IPv4,
the term "octet" is well established, however as the use of IPv6 is
spreading, it becomes apparent that there is no such commonly
accepted term for IPv6 addresses.

Discussing and explaining technical matters become difficult when
different people use different terms for the same thing. Therefore,
this document discusses several naming proposal for those 16bit
pieces of IPv6 addreses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.