Subject: I-D Action:draft-wu-http-streaming-optimization-ps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 04:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for HTTP Streaming
	Author(s)       : W. Wu, R. Huang
	Filename        : draft-wu-http-streaming-optimization-ps-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-10-25

HTTP Streaming allows breaking the live contents or stored contents
into several chunks/fragments and supplying them in order to the
client.  However streaming long duration and high quality media over
the internet to satisfy the real time streaming requirements has
several Challenges when we require the client to access the same
media content with the common Quality experience at any device,
anytime, anywhere.  This document explores problems inherent in HTTP
streaming.  Several issues regarding network support for HTTP
Streaming have been raised, which include QoE improvement offering to
streaming video over Internet, efficient delivery, Playback control
and real time streaming media synchronization support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-http-streaming-optimization-ps-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.