Subject: I-D Action:draft-frejborg-hipv4-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
	Author(s)       : P. Frejborg
	Filename        : draft-frejborg-hipv4-10.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2010-10-07

This document describes a framework how the current IPv4 address
space can be divided in two new address categories; a core address
space (Area Locators, ALOC) that is globally unique and an edge
address space (Endpoint Locators, ELOC) that is regionally unique -
in the future the ELOC space is only significant in a private network
or in a service provider domain, therefore a 32 x 32 bit addressing
scheme and a hierarchical routing architecture is achieved. The
hierarchical IPv4 framework is backwards compatible with the current
IPv4 Internet; it also discusses a method to decouple the location
and identifier functions, future applications can make use of the
separation. The framework requires extensions to the existing Domain
Name System, the existing IPv4 stack of the endpoints, middleboxes
and to routers in the Internet. The framework can be implemented
incrementally to endpoints, DNS, middleboxes and routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.