Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF) Version 1.1.4
	Author(s)	: D. Waltermire
	Filename	: draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt
	Pages		: 70
	Date		: 2010-10-18
	
This document specifies the data model and Extensible Markup
   Language (XML) representation for the Extensible Configuration
   Checklist Description Format (XCCDF) Version 1.1.4. An XCCDF
   document is a structured collection of security configuration rules
   for some set of target systems. The XCCDF specification is designed
   to support information interchange, document generation,
   organizational and situational tailoring, automated compliance
   testing, and compliance scoring. The specification also defines a
   data model and format for storing results of security guidance or
   checklist compliance testing. The intent of XCCDF is to provide a
   uniform foundation for expression of security checklists and other
   configuration guidance, and thereby foster more widespread
   application of good security practices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.