Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Overview of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Mechanisms
	Author(s)       : T. Mizrahi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-02.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2010-10-07

Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) is a general term
that refers to a toolset that can be used for detecting and reporting
connection failures or measurement of connection performance
parameters. OAM mechanisms have been defined for various layers in
the protocol stack, and are used with a variety of protocols.

This document presents an overview of the OAM mechanisms that have
been defined and are currently being defined by the IETF, as well as
a comparison to other OAM mechanisms that have been defined by the
IEEE and ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.