Subject: I-D Action:draft-myklebust-nfsv42-unstable-file-creation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NFS Version 4 Minor Version 2 unstable file creation and attribute update improvements
	Author(s)       : T. Myklebust
	Filename        : draft-myklebust-nfsv42-unstable-file-creation-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-17

This document describes an extension to the NFSv4 protocol to allow
clients to create and write files with greater efficiency.

The first proposal allows the server to defer creating the file on
stable storage when replying to an OPEN call.  The aim is to improve
server efficiency and scalability by reducing the number of required
disk accesses when writing a file from scratch.

The second proposal allows the server to share information about the
implementation of its change attribute with the client.  The aim is
to improve the client's ability to determine the order in which
parallel updates to the same file were processed.Keywords

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-myklebust-nfsv42-unstable-file-creation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.