Subject: I-D Action:draft-kini-ospf-fast-notification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Fast Notifications
	Author(s)       : S. Kini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kini-ospf-fast-notification-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-10-18

Several applications could use a mechanism to quickly notify one or
more routers about control-protocol events. Current mechanisms to
convey such information to routers multiple hops away involves hop-
by-hop protocol-specific control plane processing as well as hop-by-
hop control plane forwarding. The delay due to control planes
involvement in processing/forwarding, adversely affects the
application's goal (e.g. fast convergence). This document describes a
framework to use data plane forwarding to convey control protocol
information multiple hops away. It also defines some sample
applications within this framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-ospf-fast-notification-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.