Subject: I-D Action:draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-authiwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PMIPv6 inter-working with WiFi access authentication
	Author(s)       : S. Gundavelli, M. Liebsch
	Filename        : draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-authiwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-10-18

Proxy Mobile IPv6, the IETF's protocol for network-based mobility
management, requires a completed and successful authentication of the
mobile node before it is registered at the mobility anchor.  This
document describes inter-working between access authentication
mechanisms, such as IEEE 802.1X, and the Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol
to enable trusted WiFi access to a network-based mobility management
domain.  Furthermore, the use of authentication method specific
identifiers for unique identification of mobile nodes during setup
and maintenance of their mobility session is described, following
recommendations of related standards organizations, such as 3GPP and
the WiMAX Forum.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-authiwk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.