Subject: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-wlan-applicability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability of Proxy Mobile IPv6 Protocol for WLAN Access Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-wlan-applicability-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-11-16

Proxy Mobile IPv6 is a network-based mobility management protocol.
The protocol is designed for providing mobility management support to
a mobile node, without requiring its participation in any IP mobility
related signaling.  The base protocol is defined in an access
technology independent manner, it identifies the general requirements
from the link-layer for supporting the protocol operation.  However,
it does not provide any specific details on how it can be supported
on a specific access technology.  This specification identifies the
key considerations for supporting Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol on the
widely deployed wireless LAN access architectures, based on IEEE
802.11 standards.  It explores the current dominant wireless LAN
deployment models and provides the needed interworking details.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-wlan-applicability-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.