Subject: I-D Action:draft-crocker-ietf-twostage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 07:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Two-Stage IETF Standardization
	Author(s)       : S. Dawkins, et al.
	Filename        : draft-crocker-ietf-twostage-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-11-09

RFC 2026 specifies a three-stage Standards Track.  As currently
practiced, IETF standards track documents typically attain only the
first stage.  This proposal discusses the problems caused by the
disparity between documented procedures and actual practice, and
proposes a simplified, two-step standard track, which will streamline
the IETF standardization process, with distinct benefits for each
stage.  Clarification of the criteria for handling documents re-
submitted as Proposed Standard is also provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-ietf-twostage-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.