Subject: I-D Action:draft-templin-ironmike-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IRON and MOBIKE
	Author(s)       : F. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-ironmike-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-11-23

The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) is a new routing and
addressing architecture based on encapsulation of inner network layer
packets within outer network layer headers using a non-broadcast,
multiple access (NBMA) virtual interface model.  The IKEv2 Mobility
and Multihoming Protocol (MOBIKE) allows a Virtual Private Network
(VPN) client to keep a connection to a VPN gateway active across
multiple network points of attachment or while moving from one
network point of attachment to another.  This document examines the
similarities between IRON and MOBIKE, and observes that they are
addressing the same fundamental networking objectives but with
differing signaling mechanisms and differing security properties.  It
further proposes ways in which the basic MOBIKE model could be
extended through adoption of IRON architectural constructs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ironmike-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.