Subject: I-D Action:draft-ashok-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:15:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF TE Extensions for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Control of G.709 Optical Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Bardalai, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ashok-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-11-08

As OTN network capabilities continue to evolve, there is an increased
need to support GMPLS control for the same. [RFC4328] introduced
GMPLS signaling extensions for supporting the early version of G.709
[G.709-v1]. The basic routing considerations from signaling
perspective is also specified in [RFC4328].

The recent revision of ITU-T Recommendation G.709 [G.709-v3] and
[GSUP.43] have introduced new ODU containers (both fixed and
flexible) and additional ODU multiplexing capabilities, enabling
support for optimal service aggregation.  

This document describes OSPF protocol extensions to support
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) control for routing services over the
standardized OTU/ODU containers in support of ODU based TDM
switching. Routing support for Optical Channel Layer switching
(Lambda switching) is not covered in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ashok-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.