Subject: I-D Action:draft-tremblay-pt66ac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Addressing bit compression for stateless IPv6 prefix translation
	Author(s)       : J. Tremblay, S. Beuker
	Filename        : draft-tremblay-pt66ac-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-11-25

This document describes a method to extend IPv6 prefix translation
[NAT66] to statelessly translate between IPv6 prefixes of differing
lengths.  This technique, called PT66 addressing bit compression
(PT66-AC), provides a way to map a shorter prefix (such as the fixed
[6to4] prefix) to a longer global unicast prefix, while avoiding
stateful translation.  The difference between the prefix lengths is
compensated for by removing an unused string of subnetting bits, as
specified, from the addresses within the shorter prefix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tremblay-pt66ac-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.