Subject: I-D Action:draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using MAC-authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
	Author(s)       : P. Gutmann
	Filename        : draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-11-17

This document specifies the conventions for using MAC-authenticated
encryption with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) authenticated-
enveloped-data content type.  This mirrors the use of a MAC combined
with an encryption algorithm that's already employed in IPsec, SSL/
TLS, and SSH, which is widely supported in existing crypto libraries
and hardware, and has been extensively analysed by the crypto
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.