Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cnames-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Choosing RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Canonical Names (CNAMEs)
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cnames-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-11-10

The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Canonical Name (CNAME) is a
persistent transport-level identifier for an RTP endpoint.  While the
Synchronization Source (SSRC) identifier of an RTP endpoint may
change if a collision is detected, or when the RTP application is
restarted, its RTCP CNAME is meant to stay unchanged, so that RTP
endpoints can be uniquely identified and associated with their RTP
media streams.  For proper functionality, RTCP CNAMEs should be
unique within the participants of an RTP session.  However, the
existing guidelines for choosing the RTCP CNAME provided in the RTP
standard are insufficient to achieve this uniqueness.  This memo
updates these guidelines to allow endpoints to choose unique RTCP
CNAMEs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cnames-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.