Subject: I-D Action:draft-khuzema-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:15:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Control of G.709 Optical Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Misra, et al.
	Filename        : draft-khuzema-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-11-08

As OTN network capabilities continue to evolve, there is an increased
need to support GMPLS control for the same. [RFC4328] introduced
GMPLS signaling extensions for supporting early version of G.709
[G.709-v1].The basic routing considerations from signaling
perspective is also specified in [RFC4328].

The recent revision of ITU-T Recommendation G.709 [G.709-v3] and
[GSUP.43] have introduced new ODU containers (both fixed and
flexible) and additional ODU multiplexing capabilities, enabling
support for optimal service aggregation.

This document extends [RFC4328] to provide GMPLS signaling support
for the new OTN capabilities defined in [G.709-v3] and [GSUP.43]. The
signaling extensions described in this document caters to ODU layer
switching only. Optical Channel Layer switching considerations in
[RFC4328] are not modified in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-khuzema-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.