Subject: I-D Action:draft-lepinski-rfc5114-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Additional Diffie-Hellman Groups for Use with IETF Standards
	Author(s)       : M. Lepinski, S. Kent
	Filename        : draft-lepinski-rfc5114-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-11-30

This document describes eight Diffie-Hellman groups that can be used
in conjunction with IETF protocols to provide security for Internet
communications.  The groups allow implementers to use the same groups
with a variety of security protocols, e.g., SMIME, Secure Shell
(SSH), Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Internet Key Exchange
(IKE).

All of these groups comply in form and structure with relevant
standards from ISO, ANSI, NIST, and the IEEE.  These groups are
compatible with all IETF standards that make use of Diffie-Hellman or
Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman cryptography.

These groups and the associated test data are defined by NIST on
their web site [EX80056A], but have not yet (as of this writing) been
published in a formal NIST document.  Publication of these groups and
associated test data, as well as describing how to use Diffie-Hellman
and Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman for key agreement in all of the
protocols cited below, in one RFC, will facilitate development of
interoperable implementations and support the Federal Information
Processing Standard (FIPS) validation of implementations that make
use of these groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lepinski-rfc5114-bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.