Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 01:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Threat Analysis for Multi-addressed/Multi-path TCP
	Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-11-26

Multi-path TCP (MPTCP for short) describes the extensions proposed
for TCP so that each endpoint of a given TCP connection can use
multiple IP addresses to exchange data (instead of a single IP
address per endpoint as currently defined).  Such extensions enable
the exchange of segments using different source-destination address
pairs, resulting in the capability of using multiple paths in a
significant number of scenarios.  In particular, some level of
multihoming and mobility support can be achieved through these
extensions.  However, the support for multiple IP addresses per
endpoint may have implications on the security of the resulting MPTCP
protocol.  This note includes a threat analysis for MPTCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.