Subject: I-D Action:draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:15:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Testing Eyeball Happiness
	Author(s)       : F. Baker
	Filename        : draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-11-07

A barrier to the deployment of IPv6 is the amount of time it takes to
open a session using common transport APIs in dual stack networks and
networks with filtering such as proposed in BCP 38.  This note
describes a test that can be used by a manufacturer or network
operator to determine whether an application adequately meets the
"happy eyeballs" requirements.  This test is not a test of a specific
algorithm, but of the external behavior of the system as a black box.
Any algorithm that has the intended external behavior will be
accepted by it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.