Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:30:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : FTP Extension for Internationalized Text
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-11-30

The original FTP protocol supported TYPE values for ASCII and EBCDIC
text, plus binary ("IMAGE") transmission.  As the Internet becomes
more international, there is a growing requirement to be able to
transmit textual data, encoded in Unicode, in a way that is
independent of the coding and line representation forms of particular
operating systems.  This memo specifies a new FTP TYPE value for
Unicode data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.