Subject: I-D Action:draft-schaad-smime-aed-rant-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Commentary on the Design of the Authenticated Encrypted Data Content Type
	Author(s)       : J. Schaad
	Filename        : draft-schaad-smime-aed-rant-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-11-22

The Authenticated Encrypted Data Content Type allows for the use of
Authenticated Encryption modes with block cipher algorithms.  At the
time of the original design there was discussion about the relative
location of the authenticated attributes and the encrypted content in
the ASN.1 structure.  With the benefits of implementation experience
I revisit the discussion made at the time and re-evaluate the
decision made.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schaad-smime-aed-rant-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.