Subject: I-D Action:draft-kucherawy-mta-malformed-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:15:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Best Current Practices for Handling Malformed Messages
	Author(s)       : M. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-mta-malformed-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-11-07

The email ecosystem has long had a very permissive set of common
processing rules in place despite increasingly rigid standards
governing its components, ostensibly to improve the user experience.
These come at some cost, and various components are faced with
decisions about whether or not to permit non-conforming messages to
continue toward their destinations unaltered, adjust them to conform
(possibly at the cost of losing some of the original message), or
outright rejecting them.

This memo includes a collection of the best current practices in a
variety of such situations, to be used as implementation guidance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kucherawy-mta-malformed-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.