Subject: I-D Action:draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Specifying That a Server Supports TLS
	Author(s)       : P. Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-11-30

A server that hosts applications that can be run with or without TLS
may want to communicate with clients whether the server is hosting an
application only using TLS or also hosting the application without
TLS.  Doing so tells clients that try using TLS but fail to set up a
TLS session whether or not they should even try to set up an insecure
session with the server.  This document describes the use cases for
this type of communication and a secure method for communicating that
information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.