Subject: I-D Action:draft-giacalone-bfd-express-path-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:00:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Express Path
	Author(s)       : S. Giacalone, A. Soliman
	Filename        : draft-giacalone-bfd-express-path-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-11-15

In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
performance criteria (e.g. latency) have become (or are becoming) as
(or more) critical to data path selection than other metrics.

This document describes extensions to the BFD protocol, such that
network performance information can be gathered in a scalable
fashion, and subsequently used (by other protocols) to make path
selection decisions. These extensions will also provide granular
performance monitoring information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giacalone-bfd-express-path-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.