Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP State Management Mechanism Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP State Management Mechanism
	Author(s)       : A. Barth
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-19.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2010-12-02

This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields.
These header fields can be used by HTTP servers to store state
(called cookies) at HTTP user agents, letting the servers maintain a
stateful session over the mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  Although
cookies have many historical infelicities that degrade their security
and privacy, the Cookie and Set-Cookie header fields are widely used
on the Internet.Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

If you have suggestions for improving this document, please send
email to <mailto:[email-masked]>.  Suggestions with test cases
are especially appreciated.  Further Working Group information is
available from <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpstate/>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-19.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.