Subject: I-D Action:draft-liou-sunwujian-manet-proactive-handoff-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proactive Channel Handoff in wireless cognitive networks
	Author(s)       : L. Ou, S. Wujian
	Filename        : draft-liou-sunwujian-manet-proactive-handoff-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-12-10

Driven by government policy and advanced radio technologies
, opportunistic spectrum usage plays an
  ever-increasing role in
the next generation communication system. Due to the random 
characteristics of primary users, it is impossible to fully describe
the activity feature in terms of time and space, rendering 
opportunity usage unsafe.  In order to minimize interference to 
primary users, a history knowledge based algorithm is proposed in 
this work, which compound historical statistics with current 
information. Random early detection (RED) algorithm, which proves to 
be efficient in active queue management (AQM) for switching fabrics,
is introduced to help select the desirable channel. In order to 
further suppress the collision probability, all the channels are 
sorted according to availability. Simulation results show that, 
compared with completely random spectrum selection method, the 
proposed RED-based channel access method gives better 
performance in terms of channel selection delay.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liou-sunwujian-manet-proactive-handoff-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.