Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 05:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Device Reset Characterization
	Author(s)       : R. Asati, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-06.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-12-23

An operational forwarding device may need to be re-started
(automatically or manually) for a variety of reasons, an event that
we call a "reset" in this document. Since there may be an
interruption in the forwarding operation during a reset, it is
useful to know how long a device takes to resume the forwarding
operation.

This document specifies a methodology for characterizing reset (and
reset time) during benchmarking of forwarding devices, and provides
clarity and consistency in reset test procedures beyond what's
specified in RFC2544. It therefore updates RFC2544. This document
also defines the benchmarking term "Reset Time" and only in this
updates RFC1242.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.