Subject: I-D Action:draft-mccann-picklepacket-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Authenticated Middlebox Traversal with the Pickle Packet
	Author(s)       : P. McCann, S. Gilbert
	Filename        : draft-mccann-picklepacket-01.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-12-07

This document describes the Pickle Packet, a message that can be used
to coordinate the opening of a transport connection with various
middleboxes that may lie on the path.  It contains the DNS names of
both the initiator and the responder of the connection and some
authentication data.  Because the authentication data uses public key
cryptography, any middlebox can independently authenticate the
initiator and make a policy decision whether to allow or deny the
flow based on the DNS names.  The Pickle Packet allows for
middleboxes to establish state such as firewall pinholes or security
associations that can be used to filter out unwanted traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccann-picklepacket-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.