Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MIDI
	Author(s)       : J. Lazzaro, J.  Wawrzynek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 171
	Date            : 2010-12-18

This memo describes a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format for the MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) command
language.  The format encodes all commands that may legally appear on
a MIDI 1.0 DIN cable.  The format is suitable for interactive
applications (such as network musical performance) and content-
delivery applications (such as file streaming).  The format may be
used over unicast and multicast UDP and TCP, and it defines tools for
graceful recovery from packet loss.  Stream behavior, including the
MIDI rendering method, may be customized during session setup.  The
format also serves as a mode for the mpeg4-generic format, to support
the MPEG 4 Audio Object Types for General MIDI, Downloadable Sounds
Level 2, and Structured Audio.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.