Subject: I-D Action:draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-motivations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 22:45:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Motivations for Recommendations
	Author(s)       : G. Kowack
	Filename        : draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-motivations-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2010-12-19

This memo provides the background and motivations for the
recommendations made in draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-overview-00.
It represents the perspectives resulting from an individual
managerial and analytical effort of nearly one year's duration.  It
contains a summary of the factors considered to be essential to the
job of RFC Series Editor (RSE).  This includes a summary of the work
done as part of the RFC Editor, the differences between [RFC5620]and
the [I-D.v2-overview] recommendations, a discussion of development
work that should be done, and an assessment of the time needed to
perform the RSE job.  There is also a section listing and responding
to questions surrounding the recommendations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kowack-rfc-editor-model-v2-motivations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.