Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 06:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCC-PCE Communication and PCE Discovery Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)       : E. Oki, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-15.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-12-04

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path
computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) controlled networks.

MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered client/server
networks. It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to
provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network
layers. PCE is a candidate solution for such requirements.

Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in RFC 4657, "PCE
Communication Protocol Generic Requirements". Generic requirements
for a PCE discovery protocol are presented in RFC 4674, "Requirements
for Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery".

This document complements the generic requirements and presents
detailed sets of PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements and PCE
discovery protocol requirements for inter-layer traffic engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.