Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-ip-options-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Edge Router Forwarding of IPv4 Option Packets
	Author(s)       : W. Jaeger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ip-options-07.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-12-24

This document specifies how Label Edge Routers (LER) should behave
when determining whether to MPLS encapsulate an IPv4 packet with
header options.  Lack of a formal standard has resulted in different
LER forwarding behaviors for IPv4 packets with header options despite
being associated with a prefix-based Forwarding Equivalence Class
(FEC).  IPv4 option packets that belong to a prefix-based FEC, yet
are forwarded into an IPv4/MPLS network without being MPLS-
encapsulated, present a security risk against the MPLS
infrastructure.  Further, LERs that are unable to MPLS encapsulate
IPv4 packets with header options cannot operate in certain MPLS
environments.  While this newly defined LER behavior is mandatory to
implement, it is optional to invoke.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ip-options-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.