Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 02:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite
	Author(s)       : R. Maglione, A. Durand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-12-29

Dual-Stack Lite is a solution to offer both IPv4 and IPv6
connectivity to customers which are addressed only with an IPv6
prefix.  DS-Lite requires to pre-configure the AFTR tunnel
information on the B4 element.  In many networks, the customer
profile information may be stored in AAA servers while client
configurations are mainly provided through DHC protocol.  This
document specifies one new RADIUS attribute to carry Dual-Stack Lite
Address Family Transition Router (AFTR) name; the RADIUS attribute is
defined based on the equivalent DHCPv6 option already specified in
draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option.  This RADIUS attribute is
meant to be used between the RADIUS Server and the NAS, it is not
intended to be used directly between the B4 element and the RADIUS
Server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.