Subject: I-D Action:draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Automating the Initial Window in TCP
	Author(s)       : J. Touch
	Filename        : draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-12-23

The Initial Window (IW) provides the starting point for TCP's
feedback-based congestion control algorithm. Its value has increased
over time to increase performance and to reflect increased
capability of Internet devices. This document describes a mechanism
to adjust the IW over long timescales, to make future changes more
safely deployed and to potentially avoid reexamination of this value
in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.