Subject: I-D Action:draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 12:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Testing Eyeball Happiness
	Author(s)       : F. Baker
	Filename        : draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-12-03

The amount of time it takes to open a session using common transport
APIs in dual stack networks and networks with filtering such as
proposed in BCP 38 is a barrier to IPv6 deployment.  This note
describes a test that can be used to determine whether an application
can reliably open sessions quickly in a complex environment such as
dual stack (IPv4+IPv6) deployment or IPv6 deployment with multiple
prefixes and upstream ingress filtering.  This test is not a test of
a specific algorithm, but of the external behavior of the system as a
black box.  Any algorithm that has the intended external behavior
will be accepted by it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.