Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MAC Flush Loop Detection in VPLS
	Author(s)	: P. Kwok, P. Dutta
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2010-12-7
	
MAC Address Withdrawal is a mechanism described in [RFC4762] to 
   remove or unlearn MAC addresses that have been dynamically learned, 
   for faster convergence. Failure of mechanisms that control loop free 
   connectivity (e.g Split Horizon) among VPLS PE nodes may cause MAC 
   Address Withdrawal messages looping among those nodes, leading to 
   Denial of Service (DoS) or complete failure of control plane in the 
   PE nodes. This document describes a mechanism to detect and prevent 
   loops of MAC Address Withdrawal messages in a VPLS PE node on such 
   failures. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.