Subject: I-D Action:draft-hoene-codec-quality-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 02:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Measuring the Quality of an Internet Interactive Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : C. Hoene
	Filename        : draft-hoene-codec-quality-00.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2010-12-03

The quality of a codec has to be measured by multiple parameters 
such as audio quality, speech quality, algorithmic efficiency, 
latency, coding rates and their respective tradeoffs. During 
standardization, codecs are tested and evaluated multiple times to 
ensure a high quality outcome. 

As the upcoming Internet codec is likely to have unique features, 
there is a need to develop new quality testing procedures to measure 
these features. Thus, this draft reviews existing methods on how to 
measure a codec's qualities, proposes a couple of new methods, and 
gives suggestions which may be used for testing the Internet 
Interactive Audio Codec (IIAC). 

This document is work in progress.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoene-codec-quality-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.