Subject: I-D Action:draft-yourtchenko-two-party-initial-window-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TIE: Two-Party Selection of TCP Initial Congestion Window Estimate
	Author(s)       : A. Yourtchenko, et al.
	Filename        : draft-yourtchenko-two-party-initial-window-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-12-03

There are several proposals on increasing the TCP initial congestion
window to a new hardcoded value and subsequent updates of this
hardcoded value.  This document explores the mechanism of dynamically
determining the potentially unbounded Initial Window.  This would
allow for the future growth after only one software upgrade of the
existing TCP stacks.  Also this would allow automatic adjustment of
the Initial Window size depending on the connectivity properties of
the particular Internet host, while minimizing the retransmissions
that result from overly optimistic initial congestion window
selection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yourtchenko-two-party-initial-window-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.