Subject: I-D Action:draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:00:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPPS URI Scheme and Transport Binding
	Author(s)       : I. McDonald, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-12-01

This memo defines the IPPS URI scheme and the corresponding IPP over 
HTTPS transport binding.  This memo updates the Internet Printing
Protocol/1.1 Model and Semantics (RFC 2911), by extending section
4.1.6 'uriScheme' and section 4.4.1 'printer-uri-supported'.  This
memo updates the Internet Printing Protocol/1.1 Encoding and
Transport (RFC 2910), by extending section 4 'Encoding of the
Transport Layer', section 5 'IPP URL Scheme', and section 8.2 'Using
IPP with TLS'.  This memo complements (but does not update) the
Internet Printing Protocol/1.1 IPP URL Scheme (RFC 3510).  

This memo is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group in the IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group, as part of their IPP
Everywhere project for mobile, driverless, ubiquitous printing.  

An IPPS URI is used to specify the network location of a secure print
service that supports the IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics (RFC 2911), or 
of a network resource (for example, a print job) managed by such a
secure print service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.