Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-port-for-ssm-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Port for Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) Sessions
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-port-for-ssm-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-12-15

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) has an attribute that allows
RTP applications to specify an address and a port associated with the
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) traffic.  In RTP-based source-specific
multicast (SSM) sessions, the same attribute is used to designate the
address and the RTCP port of the Feedback Target in the SDP
description.  However, the RTCP port associated with the SSM session
itself cannot be specified by the same attribute to avoid ambiguity,
and thus, is required to be derived from the "m=" line of the media
description.  Deriving the RTCP port from the "m=" line imposes an
unnecessary restriction.  This document removes this restriction by
introducing a new SDP attribute.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-port-for-ssm-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.