Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 14:30:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stringprep Revision Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : M. Blanchet, A. Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-12-09

Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings that expect comparison
with other strings requires preparation of the string that contains
the Unicode codepoints.  Internationalizing Domain Names in
Applications (IDNA2003) defined and used Stringprep and Nameprep.
Other protocols subsequently defined Stringprep profiles.  A new
approach different from Stringprep and Nameprep is used for a
revision of IDNA2003 (called IDNA2008).  Other Stringprep profiles
need to be similarly updated or a replacement of Stringprep needs to
be designed.  This document outlines the issues to be faced by those
designing a Stringprep replacement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.