Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dane-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For TLS
	Author(s)       : P. Hoffman, J. Schlyter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-12-12

TLS and DTLS use certificates for authenticating the server.  Users
want their applications to verify that the certificate provided by
the TLS server is in fact associated with the domain name they
expect.  Instead of trusting a certification authority to have made
this association correctly, the user might instead trust the
authoritative DNS server for the domain name to make that
association.  This document describes how to use secure DNS to
associate the TLS server's certificate with the the intended domain
name.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.