Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 lease query by Relay Agent Remote ID
	Author(s)       : P. Kurapati, B. Joshi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-12-03

Some Relay Agents extract lease information from the DHCP messages
exchanged between the client and DHCP server.  This lease information
is used by relay agents for various purposes like antispoofing and
prevention of flooding.  RFC 4388 defines a mechanism for relay
agents to retrieve the lease information from the DHCP server when
this information is lost.  The existing lease query mechanism is data
driven, which means that a relay agent can initiate the lease query
only when it starts receiving data from/to the clients.  In certain
scenarios, this model is not scalable.  This document first looks at
issues in existing mechanism and then proposes a new query type,
query by Remote ID, to address these issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.