Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 22:45:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reducing the TIME-WAIT state using TCP timestamps
	Author(s)       : F. Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-12-19

This document describes an algorithm for processing incoming SYN
segments that allows higher connection-establishment rates between
any two TCP endpoints when a TCP timestamps option is present in the
incoming SYN segment.  This document only modifies processing of SYN
segments received for connections in the TIME-WAIT state; processing
in all other states is unchanged.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.