Subject: I-D Action:draft-ubillos-name-based-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 01:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Name Based API
	Author(s)       : J. Ubillos
	Filename        : draft-ubillos-name-based-api-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-12-01

Today, networked applications typically make use of name-oriented
network abstractions.  There is a myriad of application development
frameworks who provide abstracted APIs allowing applications to refer
to their peers by name.  These abstractions normally only provide
application-layer protocol functionality.  They are normally uni-
lateral solutions, the support for the protocol used is implied by
the service accessed on the remote peer(s).

We suggest a unified API for networked applications.  Isomorphic to
the existing name-based solutions, but with added network-related
functionality.  Providing an existing application-layer protocols
with network features such as mobility, multi-homing, IPv4/IPv6
interoperability, NAT-traversal and so on...

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ubillos-name-based-api-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.