Subject: I-D Action:draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
	Author(s)       : Y. Nishida, P. Natarajan
	Filename        : draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-12-09

One of the major advantages in SCTP is supporting multi-homing
communication.  If an multi-homed end-point has redundant network
connections, SCTP sessions can have a good chance to survive from
network failures by migrating inactive network to active one.
However, if we follow the SCTP standard, there can be significant
delay for the network migration.  During this migration period, SCTP
cannot transmit much data to the destination.  This issue drastically
impairs the usability of SCTP in some situations.  This memo
describes the issue of SCTP failover mechanism and discuss its
solutions which require minimal modification to the current standard.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.