Subject: I-D Action:draft-ramrekha-manet-cam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 01:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Generic Cognitive Adaptive Module (CAM) for MANETs
	Author(s)       : T. Ramrekha, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ramrekha-manet-cam-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-12-24

This document describes a generic Cognitive Adaptive Module (CAM)
that can be utilized in conjunction with Mobile Ad hoc Network
(MANET) routing protocols. The main concept behind CAM is the fact
that the provisioning of multimedia communications traditionally
requires routing Quality of Service (QoS) guarantees [9]. Such a
task is NP Complete in MANETs when QoS optimization is subject to
more than one parameter [9]. Hence, the provisioning of soft QoS
guarantees for effective and efficient routing in dynamic
environments, as specified in [1], is the best alternative. However,
the latter cannot be optimally achieved by using a single metric
based path selection process or routing approach due to variations
in both upper layer service QoS requirements and situational
constraints. CAM provides interfaces to routing components such that
protocols can be segmented into these components and can be easily
made configurable and adaptive. For instance, the route selection
process can be done in an adaptive manner to satisfy the
requirements for effective and efficient routing. This is achieved
by providing interfaces from the CAM core to various user defined
components (e.g. Repositories Component) such that all components
and component parts (e.g. DYMO reactive routing logic) can inter-
communicate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramrekha-manet-cam-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.