Subject: I-D Action:draft-v6ops-multihoming-without-nat66-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 05:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Multihoming without Network Address Translation
	Author(s)       : O. Troan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-v6ops-multihoming-without-nat66-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-12-06

Network Address and Port Translation (NAPT) works well for conserving
global addresses and addressing multihoming requirements, because an
IPv4 NAPT router implements three functions: source address
selection, next-hop resolution and optionally DNS resolution.  For
IPv6 hosts one approach could be the use of IPv6 NAT.  However, NAT
should be avoided, if at all possible, to permit transparent host-to-
host connectivity.  In this document, we analyze the use cases of
multihoming.  We also describe functional requirements for
multihoming without the use of NAT in IPv6 for hosts and small IPv6
networks that would otherwise be unable to meet minimum IPv6
allocation criteria .

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-v6ops-multihoming-without-nat66-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.