Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsou-softwire-gwinit-6rd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 00:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : "Gateway-Initiated" 6rd
	Author(s)       : T. Tsou (Ting ZOU), et al.
	Filename        : draft-tsou-softwire-gwinit-6rd-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-12-08

This document proposes a modification to the 6rd deployment model for
IPv6.  The basic 6rd model allows IPv6 hosts to gain access to IPv6
networks across an IPv4 access network using 6-in-4 tunnels. 6rd
requires support by a device (the 6rd CE) on the customer site, which
must also be assigned an IPv4 address.  The alternative model
described in this document uses tunnels from operator-owned "6rd
Gateways" collocated with the operator's IPv4 network edge.  The
tunnels may be provisioned or automatic.  The advantages of this
approach are that it requires no modification to customer equipment
and avoids assignment of IPv4 addresses to customer equipment.  It
also allows the 6rd prefix portion of the prefixes delegated to
customer devices to be longer than can generally be achieved by basic
6rd.  The gateway initiated 6rd model reuses the protocol defined in
RFC 5969.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-softwire-gwinit-6rd-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.