Subject: I-D Action:draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 01:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
	Author(s)       : P. Hurtig, A. Petlund
	Filename        : draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-12-22

This document proposes to restart the TCP and the SCTP retransmission
timer with consideration to the earliest outstanding segment and thus
updates the standard algorithm.  It discusses the motivation, the
required modifications and some experimental results.  This document
focuses on TCP, but the motivation and required modifications also
apply to SCTP as both protocols use the same algorithm for RTO
management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.