Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 07:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Packet Loss and Delay Measurement Profile for MPLS-based Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : D. Frost, S. Bryant
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-12-24

Procedures and protocol mechanisms to enable the efficient and
accurate measurement of packet loss, delay, and throughput in MPLS
networks are defined in RFC XXXX.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is the set of MPLS protocol
functions applicable to the construction and operation of packet-
switched transport networks.

This document describes a profile of the general MPLS loss, delay,
and throughput measurement techniques that suffices to meet the
specific requirements of MPLS-TP.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF consensus.]

[RFC Editor, please replace XXXX with the RFC number assigned to
draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.