Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using International Standard Book Numbers as Uniform Resource Names

	Author(s)	: M. Huttunen, J. Hakala, A. Hoenes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2010-12-21
	
The International Standard Book Number, ISBN, is a widely used
   identifier for monographic publications.  Since 2001, there has been
   a URN (Uniform Resource Names) namespace for ISBNs.  The namespace
   registration was performed in RFC 3187 and applies to the ISBN as
   specified in the original ISO Standard 2108-1992.  To allow for
   further growth in use, the successor ISO Standard, ISO 2108-2005, has
   defined an expanded format for the ISBN, known as "ISBN-13".  This
   document defines how both the old and new ISBN standard can be
   supported within the URN framework and the syntax for URNs defined in
   RFC 2141[bis].  An updated namespace registration is included, which
   describes how both the old and the new ISBN format can share the same
   namespace.

   This document replaces RFC 3187; it also obsoletes and moves to
   Historic status the predecessor thereof, RFC 2288.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.