Subject: I-D Action:draft-dong-wmrc-rtpcontrol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 01:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Wireless Channel Model Based Rate Control (WMRC) Scheme in RTP/UDP for Real Time Multimedia Transmissions over Wired-Wireless Networks(WMRC- RTP/UDP)
	Author(s)       : Y. Dong, H. Zhao
	Filename        : draft-dong-wmrc-rtpcontrol-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-12-24

This document introduces a Wireless Channel Model Based rate control
scheme for improving the behavior of real time multimedia streams
with TFRC [2] in wireless-wired heterogeneous networks.  Based on
wireless channel characteristics, the method can first identify the
level of packet losses of two different types by sending large and
small packets alternately, then adopt different adaptive rate control
strategies to increase the network throughput and decrease congestion
packet loss rate, to improve transmission quality of real-time
multimedia stream.  The proposed method is compared with previously
reported algorithms [3-4] by simulation.  It is shown from the
simulation results in different network topology environments, the
performance the proposed algorithm is better than existing algorithms
in the aspects of network bandwidth utilization and congestion packet
loss control.  Parts of this method published in the IEEE Wireless
Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC2007) and in a pending
China patent (access number: CN101686100).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dong-wmrc-rtpcontrol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.