Subject: I-D Action:draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:45:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-12-13

There is a need for applications using SIP to exchange User to User
Information (UUI) data during session establishment.  This
information, known as call control UUI, is a small piece of data
inserted by an application initiating the session, and utilized by an
application accepting the session.  This data is opaque to SIP and
its function is unrelated to any basic SIP function.  Several
approaches to transporting call control UUI in SIP have been
proposed.  As networks move to SIP it is important that applications
requiring this data can continue to function in SIP networks as well
as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service for end-to-end
transparency.  This document discusses three mechanisms to meet the
requirements defined in the Requirements for SIP Call Control UUI
document.  A new SIP header field which bests meets these
requirements is proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.