Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IS-IS Extensions Supporting IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging
	Author(s)	: D. Fedyk, P. Ashwood-Smith, D. Allan, N. Bragg, P. Unbehagen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-03.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2010-12-23
	
802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) is being standardized by the 
   IEEE as the next step in the evolution of the various spanning tree 
   and registration protocols. 802.1aq allows for true shortest path 
   forwarding in a mesh network context utilizing multiple equal cost 
   paths. This permits it to support much larger layer 2 topologies, 
   with faster convergence, and vastly improved use of the mesh 
   topology. Combined with this is single point provisioning for 
   logical connectivity membership (E-LINE/E-LAN/E-TREE etc).  
    
   The control protocol for 802.1aq is IS-IS [IS-IS] augmented with a 
   small number of TLVs while the encapsulating data paths are 
   respectively 802.1ad (Provider Bridges) [PB] and 802.1ah (Provider 
   Backbone Bridges) [PBB]. This memo documents those TLVs while 
   providing some overview.  
    
   Note that 802.1aq requires no state machine or other substantive 
   changes to [IS-IS]. It is our intention that 802.1aq be simply a new 
   NLPID and set of TLVs. In the event of any confusion the reader 
   should take [IS-IS] as authoritative.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.