Subject: I-D Action:draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-read-sparse-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simple and Efficient Read Support for Sparse Files
	Author(s)       : D. Hildebrand, M. Eshel
	Filename        : draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-read-sparse-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2010-12-06

This document proposes a new READPLUS operation for NFSv4.2 to
support efficient reading of sparse files, which are growing in the
data center due to the increasing number of virtual disk images.
READPLUS has all the features and functionality of READ, but has an
extensible return value that includes an easy and efficient way for
administrators to copy and manage sparse files without wasting disk
space or transferring data unnecessarily.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-read-sparse-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.