Subject: I-D Action:draft-yevstifeyev-rfc862bis-echo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Echo Protocol
	Author(s)       : M. Yevstifeyev
	Filename        : draft-yevstifeyev-rfc862bis-echo-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-12-25

This document specifies Echo protocol, that was firstly defined in
RFC 862. However that document does not match current Internet
Standards and specifies Echo protocol for TCP and UDP only, while a
number of other transport-layer protocols have appeared since the
time of publication of RFC 862. 

This document aligns Echo protocol specification with the current
Internet Standards and specifies Echo protocol for the most wide-
spread transport-layer protocols. It obsoletes RFC 347 and RFC 862
and moves the last to Historic status.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yevstifeyev-rfc862bis-echo-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.