Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-vrrp-gr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extending the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol for Graceful Restart
	Author(s)       : H. Building, D. Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-vrrp-gr-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-12-29

Many existing routers enable their data planes to keep forwarding
data packets during the restart of their control plains.  This
functionality is called "graceful restart" or "non-stop forwarding".
A router supporting graceful restart is able to provide more reliable
packet forwarding service during system maintaining procedures and
software-error recoveries.  This informational document analyzes the
issues with enhancing VRRP to support graceful restart and introduces
several candidate solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-vrrp-gr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.