Subject: I-D Action:draft-jpwang-rtgwg-update-mech-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : EA-HD: A Novel Link State Update Mechanism for ASON
	Author(s)       : J. Wang
	Filename        : draft-jpwang-rtgwg-update-mech-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-12-20

When a connection request comes in a mesh optical network, the 
routers automatically choose the suitable routing paths and 
wavelength to it according to the network topology and link state
information saved in its global link state database. Because some 
of these wavelengths may be released or occupied at any time, the 
global state database is always out of date and needed by update by 
some an update policy. A suitable link state update policy is 
critical, since that a high frequency update polity imposes heavy 
burden on network, while a low frequency one would increase the 
inaccurate of the global link state database. In this paper, we 
propose a link state update policy, named EA-HD policy, which 
considers two index of a link, one is the Hamming distance between 
the local link state database and the global link state database, 
and another is the used ratio of its wavelengths. The proposed 
update policy gets a trade-off between the accurate of link state 
information and its update cost. Simulation proves that our scheme 
achieve a good performance in traffic blocking probability while 
maintaining moderate volume of update traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jpwang-rtgwg-update-mech-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.