Subject: I-D Action:draft-masinter-dated-uri-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The 'tdb' and 'duri' URI schemes, based on dated URIs
	Author(s)       : L. Masinter
	Filename        : draft-masinter-dated-uri-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-01-10

This document defines two URI schemes.  The first, 'duri' (standing
for "dated URI"), identifies a resource as of a particular time.
This allows explicit reference to the "time of retrieval", similar to
the way in which bibliographic references containing URIs are often
written.

The second scheme, 'tdb' ( standing for "Thing Described By"),
provides a way of minting URIs for something by the means of
identifying a description as of a particular time.

Note

This document is not a product of any working group.  Many of the
ideas here have been discussed since 2001.  Versions of this document
have been discussed on the mailing list <[email-masked]>.  Previous
versions have couched 'tdb' and 'tdb' as URN namespaces, used
different syntax for timestamps, and handled URIs with fragment
identifiers differently.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.