Subject: I-D Action:draft-morton-ippm-rfc4148-obsolete-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RFC 4148 and the IPPM Metrics Registry are Obsolete
	Author(s)       : A. Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-rfc4148-obsolete-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-01-10

This memo reclassifies RFC 4148, the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM)
Registry as Obsolete, and withdraws the IANA IPPM Metrics Registry
itself from use because it is obsolete.  The current registry
structure has been found to be insufficiently detailed to uniquely
identify IPPM metrics.  Despite apparent efforts to find current or
even future users, no one has responded to the call for interest in
the RFC 4148 registry during the second half of 2010.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-rfc4148-obsolete-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.