Subject: I-D Action:draft-tavernier-irtf-lccn-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 02:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Learning Capable Communication Network (LCCN) problem statement
	Author(s)       : W. Tavernier, et al.
	Filename        : draft-tavernier-irtf-lccn-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-01-15

Operational procedures and protocols of today's communication
networks typically use explicitly defined mechanisms and
representations to reach the goals associated to their design.  This
practice results into numerous protocols having a restricted space
for (self-)adaptability, flexibility, and sensitivity respective to
their network context (e.g. network traffic conditions, failure
conditions, etc).  On the other hand, a wide spectrum of learning and
optimization techniques is available such that networks could learn
and optimize their behavior in the running context.  This document
describes the opportunities and challenges for a Learning Capable
Communication Network (LCCN).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tavernier-irtf-lccn-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.