Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Management of Name Servers for the DNS
	Author(s)       : W. Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-01-05

Management of name servers for the Domain Name System (DNS) has
traditionally been done using vendor-specific monitoring,
configuration and control methods.  Although some service monitoring
platforms can test the functionality of the DNS itself there is not
an interoperable way to manage (monitor, control and configure) the
internal aspects of a name server itself.

This document discusses the requirements of a management system for
name servers and can be used as a shopping list of needed features
for such a system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.