Subject: I-D Action:draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-01-26

Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are frequently used for large-scale
content delivery.  As a result, existing CDN providers are scaling up
their infrastructure and many Network Service Providers (NSPs) are
deploying their own CDNs.  There is a requirement for interconnecting
standalone CDNs so that their collective CDN footprint can be
leveraged for the end-to-end delivery of content from Content Service
Providers (CSPs) to end users.  However, no standards or open
specifications currently exist to facilitate such CDN
interconnection.

The "CDN Interconnect Problem Statement" Internet-Draft outlines the
problem area for the IETF with a view towards creating a working
group.  This working group would work on an interoperable and
scalable solution for CDN interconnection.  The goal of the present
document is to start outlining the requirements for such a "CDN
Interconnection" solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.