Subject: I-D Action:draft-wang-clouds-vdi-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : J. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-wang-clouds-vdi-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-01-20

The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure is a technology to separate local
desktop and remote computing and storage resources, which was
initially derived from the remote desktop administration but with new
business models and very different use cases.  Most of existing VDI
systems are based on proprietary implementation, and positioning
different market with different features.  Since virtual desktop
technology is believed that it will become a mainstream application
delivery method similar to the http protocol with regard to web
applications, so it's important to make the virtual desktop access
protocol open and standard.  This draft summarizes the limitations of
existing virtual desktop systems, and proposes the intent
standardization work in IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-clouds-vdi-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.