Subject: I-D Action:draft-eastlake-sha2b-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA and SHA based HMAC and HKDF)
	Author(s)       : D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Hansen
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-sha2b-06.txt
	Pages           : 125
	Date            : 2011-01-16

The United States of America has adopted a suite of secure hash
algorithms (SHAs), including four beyond SHA-1, as part of a Federal
Information Processing Standard (FIPS), specifically SHA-224,
SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.  This document makes open source code
performing the SHA hash functions conveniently available to the
Internet community. The sample code supports input strings of
arbitrary bit length. Much of the text herein was adapted by the
authors from FIPS 180-2.

This document replaces RFC 4634, fixing errata and adding code for an
HMAC-based extract-and-expand key derivation function, HKDF (RFC
5869). As with RFC 4634, code to perform SHA based HMACs is also
included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-sha2b-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.