Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE)
	Author(s)       : S. Burleigh
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-01-25

This document describes a convention by which Delay-Tolerant
Networking (DTN) Bundle Protocol (BP) "convergence-layer" adapters
may represent endpoint identifiers in a compressed form within the
primary blocks of bundles, provided those endpoint identifiers
conform to the structure prescribed by this convention.

CBHE compression is a convergence-layer adaptation.  It is opaque to
bundle processing.  It therefore has no impact on the
interoperability of different Bundle Protocol implementations, but
instead affects only the interoperability of different convergence
layer adaptation implementations.

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-cbhe-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.