Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Generalized Labels for Lambda-Switching Capable Label Switching Routers
	Author(s)       : T. Otani, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-11.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-01-11

Technology in the optical domain is constantly evolving and as a 
consequence new equipment providing lambda switching capability 
has been developed and is currently being deployed. 

Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) is a family of protocols that can be 
used
to operate networks built from a range of technologies 
including
wavelength (or lambda) switching. For this purpose, 
GMPLS defined
that a wavelength label only has significance 
between two neighbors
and global wavelength semantics are not 
considered. 

In order to facilitate interoperability in a network composed of 
next generation lambda switch-capable equipment, this document 
defines a standard lambda label format that is compliant with 
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing and Coarse Wavelength 
Division Multiplexing grids defined by the International 
Telecommunication Union Telecommunication Standardization Sector. 
The label format defined in this document can be used in GMPLS 
signaling and routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.