Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework
	Author(s)       : M. Watson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-12.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2011-01-18

This document describes a framework for using Forward Error
Correction (FEC) codes with applications in public and private IP
networks to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
supports applying FEC to arbitrary packet flows over unreliable
transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or streaming,
media.  This framework can be used to define Content Delivery
Protocols that provide FEC for streaming media delivery or other
packet flows.  Content Delivery Protocols defined using this
framework can support any FEC scheme (and associated FEC codes) which
is compliant with various requirements defined in this document.
Thus, Content Delivery Protocols can be defined which are not
specific to a particular FEC scheme, and FEC schemes can be defined
which are not specific to a particular Content Delivery Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.