Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 04:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PIM Group-to-RP Mapping
	Author(s)       : B. Joshi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-01-12

Each PIM-SM router in a Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) Domain
which supports Any Source Multicast (ASM) maintains Group-to-RP
mappings which are used to identify a Rendezvous Point(RP) for a
specific multicast group.  PIM-SM has defined an algorithm to choose
a RP from the Group-to-RP mappings learned using various mechanisms.
This algorithm does not consider the PIM mode and the mechanism
through which a Group-to-RP mapping was learned.

This document defines a standard algorithm to deterministically
choose between several Group-to-RP mappings for a specific group.
This document first explains the requirements to extend the
Group-to-RP mapping algorithm and then proposes the new algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.