Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Flow Selection Techniques
	Author(s)	: L. Peluso, S. D'Antonio, C. Henke, T. Zseby
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-04.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2011-1-10
	
Flow selection is the process of selecting a subset of flows from all
   flows observed at an observation point.  The objective of flow
   selection is to reduce the effort of post-processing flow data and
   transferring flow records.  The flow selection process can be enabled
   at different stages of the measurement process.  It can be applied
   either directly after classification or at recording/exporting time
   by limiting the number of flows to be stored and/or exported to the
   collecting process.  This document describes motivations for flow
   selection and presents flow selection techniques.  It furthermore
   provides an information model for configuring flow selection
   techniques and discusses what information about a flow selection
   process is worth exporting through a suitable information model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.