Subject: I-D Action:draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Assignment of an Associated Channel Type for Packet Transport Network Applications
	Author(s)       : G. Jones
	Filename        : draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-01-31

The Transport Profile of Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(MPLS-TP) is a packet-based transport technology based on the
MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) and Pseudowire (PW) data
plane architectures applicable in various deployment
environments.

This document describes the allocation of an Associated Channel
Type to support ITU-T defined functions for packet transport
network (PTN) applications, such as Operations, Administration
and Maintenance (OAM), and applicable to MPLS-TP Pseudowires
(PWs), Label Switched Paths (LSPs), Sub-path Maintenance
Elements (SPMEs) and Sections.

This document is intended to become a product of a joint
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) / International
Telecommunications Union Telecommunication Standardization
Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport Profile
within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network
as defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.