Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-bfd-crypto-auth-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BFD Generic Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-bfd-crypto-auth-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2011-1-10
	
This document proposes an extension for Bidirectional Forwarding 
Detection (BFD) to allow the use of any cryptographic authentication 
algorithm in addition to the already documented authentication 
schemes, described in the base specification.    

Although this document has been written specifically to introduce two new Authentication types it describes how BFD can use National 
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Secure Hash Standard 
family of algorithms (SHS) to authenticate the control packets, the 
method described in this document is generic and can be used to 
extend BFD to support any cryptographic hash function in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-bfd-crypto-auth-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.