Subject: I-D Action:draft-jenkins-cdni-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : B. Niven-Jenkins, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jenkins-cdni-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-01-17

Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) provide numerous benefits: reduced
delivery cost for cacheable content, improved quality of experience
for End Users and increased robustness of delivery.  For these
reasons they are frequently used for large-scale content delivery.
As a result, existing CDN providers are scaling up their
infrastructure and many Network Service Providers (NSPs) are
deploying their own CDNs.  It is generally desirable that a given
content item can be delivered to an end user regardless of that end
user's location or attachment network.  This creates a requirement
for interconnecting standalone CDNs so they can interoperate as an
open content delivery infrastructure for the end-to-end delivery of
content from Content Service Providers (CSPs) to end users.  However,
no standards or open specifications currently exist to facilitate
such CDN interconnection.

The goal of this document is to outline the problem area for the IETF
with a view towards creating a working group.  This working group
would work on interoperable and scalable solutions for CDN
interconnection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jenkins-cdni-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.