Subject: I-D Action:draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 06:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
	Author(s)       : M. Montemurro, et al.
	Filename        : draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-01-07

This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
GSMA and a sub namespace for the IMEI (International Mobile station
Equipment Identity), and associated parameter for the IMEISV
(International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software Version
number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the IMEISV is 16
decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary Encoded Decimal
(BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
specification for Global System for Mobile (GSM) and are also now
incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) as part
of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal Mobile
Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term Evolution).
The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile Equipment
within these systems and are managed by the GSMA (GSM Association).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.