Subject: I-D Action:draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Scheme for Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) Programme Resources
	Author(s)       : M. McRoberts, A. Adolf
	Filename        : draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-01-05

Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) schemes for broadcasting programme
resources transmitted over MPEG-2 Transport Streams [MPEG-Systems]
have been devised in their process of creating standards by the
Digital Video Broadcasting Project (DVB), the Association of Radio
Industries and Businesses in Japan (ARIB) and the OpenCable
Application Platform (OCAP) to acquire current and future scheduled
publications of broadcast media content from multimedia applications
such as HTTP, MHP [DVB-MHP], OCAP [OCAP1.0] or other XML based
metadata.

These URI locate the actual digital TV, Radio or other multimedia
broadcast programme service (i.e. channel or event) and the audio-
visual components conforming to that programme for e.g. a HTTP based
programme guide in the internet or other XML based programme guides
in digital broadcast set-top boxes.

This document defines the "dvb" URI scheme for the benefit of the
Internet community, given its definition as part of the Digital Video
Broadcasting (DVB) suite of ETSI standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.