Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 06:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS Transport Profile User-to-Network and Network-to-Network Interfaces
	Author(s)       : M. Bocci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-01-07

The framework for MPLS in transport networks (RFC 5921) provides
reference models for the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) transport
service interfaces, which are a User-to-Network Interface (UNI), and
an MPLS-TP Network-to-Network Interface (NNI).  This document updates
those reference models to show detailed reference points for these
interfaces, along with further clarification of the functional
architecture of MPLS-TP at a UNI and NNI.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.