Subject: I-D Action:draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Quality for Service Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Garcia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-00.txt
	Pages           : 76
	Date            : 2011-01-25

This memo describes an application level protocol for the standard
communication of e2e QoS compliance information using a protocol
based on Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which forms the basis
for the World Wide Web, and Session Description Protocol (SDP).
Quality HTTP (Q4S) provides a mechanism for latency, jitter,
bandwidth an packet loss negotiation and monitoring, alerting
whenever one of the negotiated conditions is violated.

Implementation details on the actions to be triggered upon
reception/detection of QoS alerts exchanged by the protocol are out
of scope of this draft, it is application dependant (e.g. increase
quality, reduce bit-rate) or even network dependant (e.g. change
connection's quality profile).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.