Subject: I-D Action:draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Updates to Referred-By in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
	Author(s)       : N. Bishai, et al.
	Filename        : draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-01-16

SIP Referred-By header field conveys the referrer identity of a
request.  This header field may be used when exploding a SIP MESSAGE
or a SIP INVITE request to a pre-defined group URI and the
P-Asserted-Identity header field or From header field in the exploded
SIP requests needs to carry another value (e.g. the URI of a pre-
defined group, or a conference focus URI).  In those cases, the
Referred-By header field in the resulting exploded requests is set to
the P-Asserted-Identity or to the From header field value of the
original SIP request received before exploding, so as to convey to
the receiver the identity of the original inviting sender.

RFC 3892 restricts the value of the header to only one SIP URI.
However the P-Asserted-Identity header field currently allows two URI
values and may be expanded in the future to carry more than two
values as described in RFC5876.  This document extends the
Referred-By definition to support more than one value as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.