Subject: I-D Action:draft-jiang-ipv6-site-renum-guideline-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Site Renumbering Guidelines and Further Works
	Author(s)       : S. Jiang, B. Liu
	Filename        : draft-jiang-ipv6-site-renum-guideline-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-01-26

This document analyzes the existing issues for IPv6 site renumbering.
It also analyzes the possible directions to solve these issues and
gives recommendations. This document only takes the perspective of
network and network protocols. Renumbering in IPv4 networks, in the
dual-stack network or in the IPv4/IPv6 transition networks are out of
scope.

This document only takes the perspective of network and network
protocols. According to the different stages, these issues are
described in three categories: considerations during network design,
considerations for routine network management, and considerations
during renumbering operation. Recommended solutions or strategies are
also described. Issues that still remain unsolvable are listed as the
fourth category.

Although we list a few non-network issues in this document, we
consider them as issues that ISPs or network providers cannot affect.
So, these issues are considered to be unsolvable and not explore
further in these document, though they may be solved by OS
implementations or application implementations.

We summary the requests that need to extend current protocols as
further works at the end of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-ipv6-site-renum-guideline-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.