Subject: I-D Action:draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Known Issues and Best Practices for the Use of Long Polling and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP
	Author(s)       : S. Loreto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-01-04

On today's Internet, the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is often
used (some would say abused) to enable asynchronous, "server-
initiated" communication from a server to a client as well as from a
client to a server.  This document describes known issues and best
practices related to such "bidirectional HTTP" applications, focusing
on the two most common mechanisms: "HTTP long polling" and "HTTP
streaming".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.