Subject: I-D Action:draft-uzmi-smalta-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : FIB Aggregation with SMALTA
	Author(s)       : Z. Uzmi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-uzmi-smalta-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-01-03

Concerns about the growth of the global routing table has led to
proposals for short-term FIB-reduction and long-term RIB-reduction
solutions.  The simplest type of FIB-reduction solution is "FIB
aggregation", whereby individual routers locally reduce the FIB size
without any changes to external operation.  The draft
[I-D.zhang-fibaggregation] describes and analyzes several FIB
aggregation schemes.  This current draft describes and analyzes
another point in the design space, called SMALTA.  Compared to the
approaches in [I-D.zhang-fibaggregation], SMALTA provides better
aggregation and does not introduce non-routable entries in the FIB,
but is also more complex.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-uzmi-smalta-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.