Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-cert-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 04:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Certificates
	Author(s)       : T. Heer, S. Varjonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-cert-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-01-12

The CERT parameter is a container for X.509.v3 certificates and
Simple Public Key Infrastructure (SPKI) certificates.  It is used for
carrying these certificates in Host Identity Protocol (HIP) control
packets.  This document specifies the certificate parameter and the
error signaling in case of a failed verification.  Additionally, this
document specifies the representations of Host Identity Tags in
X.509.v3 and SPKI certificates.

The concrete use of certificates including how certificates are
obtained, requested, and which actions are taken upon successful or
failed verification are specific to the scenario in which the
certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these scenario-
specific aspects are left to the documents that use the CERT
parameter.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-cert-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.