Subject: I-D Action:draft-dvir-roll-security-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : <Version Number Authentication and Local Key Agreement>
	Author(s)       : A. Dvir, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dvir-roll-security-extensions-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-01-14

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are a class of networks in which
both the routers and their interconnects are constrained.  LLN
routers typically operate with constraints on processing power,
memory, and energy (battery power).  LLN router supported traffic
flows include point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint-to-
point. The IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL) provides the
mechanisms to support those traffic flows.  The currently available
security services in RPL will not protect against a compromised
internal node that can also construct and disseminate fake messages. 
In this document, a service is described that prevents an internal
attacker from impersonating a Destination Oriented Directed Acyclic
Graph (DODAG) root.  Moreover, the establishment and maintenance of
any cryptographic key is out of the scope of the current RPL
proposal.  In this document a service that allows nodes to agree on
local keys with their neighborhood is also presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dvir-roll-security-extensions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.