Subject: I-D Action:draft-jabley-dnsop-validator-bootstrap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Establishing an Appropriate Root Zone DNSSEC Trust Anchor at Startup
	Author(s)       : J. Abley, D. Knight
	Filename        : draft-jabley-dnsop-validator-bootstrap-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-01-31

Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) allow cryptographic
signatures to be used to validate responses received from the Domain
Name System (DNS).  A DNS client which validates such signatures is
known as a validator.

The choice of appropriate root zone trust anchor for a validator is
expected to vary over time as the corresponding cryptographic keys
used in DNSSEC are changed.

This document provides guidance on how validators might determine an
appropriate trust anchor for the root zone to use at start-up, or
when other mechanisms intended to allow key rollover to be tolerated
gracefully are not available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jabley-dnsop-validator-bootstrap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.