Subject: I-D Action:draft-boot-brdp-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 04:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BRDP Framework
	Author(s)       : T. Boot, A. Holtzer
	Filename        : draft-boot-brdp-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-01-31

This document describes the Border Router Discovery Protocol (BRDP)
framework.  This framework enables multi-homing for small to medium
sites, using Provider Aggregatable IPv6 addresses.  It describes a
mechanism for automated IP address configuration and renumbering, a
mechanism for optimized source address selection and a new paradigm
for packet forwarding.  The BRDP framework prevents ingress filtering
problems with multi-homed sites and supports load-balancing for
multi-path transport protocols.  This work also prevents routing
scalability problems in the provider network and Internet Default
Free Zone because small to medium multi-homed size sites would not
need to request Provider Independent address blocks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boot-brdp-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.