Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Improved DNS Server Selection for Multi-Homed Nodes
	Author(s)       : T. Savolainen, J. Kato
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-01-13

A multi-homed node can be connected to multiple networks that may
utilize different DNS namespaces.  The node often receives DNS server
configuration information from all connected networks.  Some of the
DNS servers may have information about namespaces other servers do
not have.  When the multi-homed node needs to utilize DNS, it has to
choose which of the servers to contact to.  This document describes a
policy based method for helping on selection of DNS server for both
forward and reverse DNS lookup procedures with help of DNS suffix and
IPv6 prefix information received via DHCPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.