Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Duplicate Address Detection Proxy
	Author(s)       : F. Costa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-01-10

The document describes a mechanism allowing the use of Duplicate
Address Detection (DAD) by IPv6 nodes in a point-to-multipoint
architecture with "split-horizon" forwarding scheme.  Based on the
DAD signalling, the first hop router stores in a Binding Table all
known IPv6 addresses used on a point-to-multipoint domain (e.g.
VLAN).  When a node performs DAD for an address already used by
another node, the first hop router replies instead of this last one.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.