Subject: I-D Action:draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 00:30:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RADIUS Extensions for Port Control Protocol
	Author(s)       : R. Maglione, D. Cheng
	Filename        : draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-01-05

Port Control Protocol (PCP) provides a mechanism to pre-configure a
port on a NAT device, a firewall, etc., so that IP packets of
applications initiated from network side can be "port forwarded" to
the correct user.  PCP is a client-server protocol and the PCP client
needs to be provisioned with the FQDN of the server.  In a broadband
network, customer information is usually stored on a RADIUS server
and DHC protocol is used to populate user's configuration
information.  This memo proposes a new RADIUS attribute to carry the
FQDN of a PCP server, such that while the PCP server information is
configured on a RADIUS server, the information can be conveyed to NAS
via RADIUS protocol, and the co-located DHCP/DHCPv6 server can then
populate the information to PCP client.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.