Subject: I-D Action:draft-brandenburg-avt-rtcp-for-idms-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTCP XR Block Type for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : H. Stokking, et al.
	Filename        : draft-brandenburg-avt-rtcp-for-idms-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-01-14

This document gives information on an RTCP XR Block Type and
associated SDP parameter for inter-destination media synchronization
(IDMS). The RTCP Block Type, registered with IANA based on an ETSI
specification, is used to collect media play-out information from
participants in a group playing-out (watching, listening, etc.) a
specific RTP media stream and to distribute a summary of the
collected information so that the participants can synchronize play-
out.

Typical applications for inter-destination media synchronization are
social TV, shared service control (i.e. applications where two or
more geographically separated users are watching a media stream
together), distance learning, network quiz shows, multi-playing
online games, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandenburg-avt-rtcp-for-idms-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.