Subject: I-D Action:draft-kini-mpls-ldp-hierarchy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical Labels in the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
	Author(s)       : S. Kini
	Filename        : draft-kini-mpls-ldp-hierarchy-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-01-26

Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) is used to advertise mappings of
Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs) to labels. IP prefix FECs are
used to setup Label Switched Paths (LSPs) along routed paths. LDP
advertises label mappings for IP Prefix FECs that appear as routes in
the route table. As the number of FECs in the network increases the
number of labels correspondingly increases. During certain failure
conditions a large number of label mappings may have to be generated
and/or installed in the data plane. In this document we describe an
LDP extension to advertise hierarchical label mappings. This helps to
reduce the number of label mappings that are downloaded during
certain failure conditions and hence improves convergence times.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-mpls-ldp-hierarchy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.