Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:00:02 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Network Time Mechanisms for Improving Computer Clock Accuracy
    Author(s)     : D. Marlow, et al
    Filename      : draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-00.txt
    Pages         : 12
    Date          : 2011-02-25
    
   This draft describes network time synchronization mechanisms which 
   may enable increased accuracy, beyond that possible with the current 
   Network Time Protocol version 4 (NTPv4) standard, to time and 
   frequency of computer clocks. The mechanisms considered are those 
   that will provide improved estimates as to when a packet is put on 
   the network, transferred across a network, or taken from the 
   network. Potential standardization actions will be considered for 
   the mechanisms considered, though no such actions are recommended at 
   this time. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.