Subject: I-D Action:draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Securing HTTP State Management Information
	Author(s)       : G. Salgueiro, P. Jones
	Filename        : draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-02-21

Virtually every application on the web today that allows a user to
log in or manipulate information stored on a server maintains some
form of state management information.  Usually, the session context
is established through the use of a Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
parameter or a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) cookie that
identifies the session.  Without the use of Transport Layer Security
(TLS), such an information exchange introduces a security risk.  For
a variety of reasons, TLS may not be desired or preferred in all
situations and, in those cases, users are left vulnerable.  This
memo provides a simple method for enabling secure exchange of state
management information through HTTP in situations where TLS is not
employed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.