Subject: I-D Action:draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Testing Eyeball Happiness
	Author(s)       : F. Baker
	Filename        : draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-02-13

The amount of time it takes to establish a session using common
transport APIs in dual stack networks and networks with filtering
such as proposed in BCP 38 is a barrier to IPv6 deployment.  This
note describes a test that can be used to determine whether an
application can reliably establish sessions quickly in a complex
environment such as dual stack (IPv4+IPv6) deployment or IPv6
deployment with multiple prefixes and upstream ingress filtering.
This test is not a test of a specific algorithm, but of the external
behavior of the system as a black box.  Any algorithm that has the
intended external behavior will be accepted by it.

Requirements

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.