Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mobility Support in IPv6
	Author(s)       : C. Perkins, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-11.txt
	Pages           : 176
	Date            : 2011-02-08

This document specifies Mobile IPv6, a protocol which allows nodes to
remain reachable while moving around in the IPv6 Internet.  Each
mobile node is always identified by its home address, regardless of
its current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated away
from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
address, which provides information about the mobile node's current
location.  IPv6 packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are
transparently routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables
IPv6 nodes to cache the binding of a mobile node's home address with
its care-of address, and to then send any packets destined for the
mobile node directly to it at this care-of address.  To support this
operation, Mobile IPv6 defines a new IPv6 protocol and a new
destination option.  All IPv6 nodes, whether mobile or stationary,
can communicate with mobile nodes.  This document obsoletes RFC 3775.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.