Subject: I-D Action:draft-frejborg-hipv4-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 14:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
	Author(s)       : P. Frejborg
	Filename        : draft-frejborg-hipv4-11.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2011-02-06

This document describes a framework for how the current IPv4 address
space can be divided into two new address categories: a core address
space (Area Locators, ALOC) that is globally unique, and an edge
address space (Endpoint Locators, ELOC) that is regionally unique. In
the future the ELOC space will only be significant in a private
network or in a service provider domain. Therefore, a 32x32 bit
addressing scheme and a hierarchical routing architecture are
achieved. The hierarchical IPv4 framework is backwards compatible
with the current IPv4 Internet.

This document also discusses a method for decoupling the location and
identifier functions - future applications can make use of the
separation. The framework requires extensions to the existing Domain
Name System, the existing IPv4 stack of the endpoints, middleboxes,
and to routers in the Internet. The framework can be implemented
incrementally for endpoints, DNS, middleboxes, and routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.