Subject: I-D Action:draft-crocker-doseta-mimeauth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MIME Content Authentication using DOSETA (MIMEAUTH)
	Author(s)       : D. Crocker, M. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-crocker-doseta-mimeauth-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-02-23

MIME is a method of packaging and labeling aggregations of data; it
is used both for email and the Web. Many usage scenarios would
benefit by having an objective method of assessing the validity of
MIME data, based on an authenticated identity.  MIMEAUTH leverages
technology developed for DKIM to provide such a method.  Its use can
be extended to cover specific header-fields of a containing email
message or World Wide Web HTTP content.  Existing authentication
mechanisms have achieved only limited success due to challenges with
administration and use.  MIMEAUTH has very low administration and use
overhead, through self-certifying keys in the DNS and a labeling
method that can be transparent to end-users.  For relayed and
mediated sequences, MIMEAUTH can be implemented within a service and
therefore can be transparent to end-system software.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-doseta-mimeauth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.