Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Self-Delimiting Numeric Values in Protocols
	Author(s)       : W. Eddy, E. Davies
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-02-23

Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (SDNVs) have recently been introduced
as a field type in proposed Delay-Tolerant Networking protocols.
SDNVs encode an arbitrary-length non-negative integer or arbitrary-
length bit-string with minimum overhead.  They are intended to
provide protocol flexibility without sacrificing economy, and to
assist in future-proofing protocols under development.  This document
describes formats and algorithms for SDNV encoding and decoding,
along with notes on implementation and usage.  This document is a
product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group and has been
reviewed by that group.  No objections to its publication as an RFC
were raised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.