Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-isis-layer2-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to IS-IS for Layer-2 Systems
	Author(s)       : A. Banerjee, D. Ward
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-layer2-11.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-02-09

This document specifies the Intermediate System to Intermediate
System (IS-IS) extensions necessary to support link state routing for
any protocols running directly over Layer-2.  While supporting this
concept involves several pieces, this document only describes
extensions to IS-IS.  Furthermore, the Type, Length, Value pairs
(TLVs) described in this document are generic Layer-2 additions and
specific ones as needed are defined in the IS-IS technology specific
extensions.  We leave it to the systems using these IS-IS extensions
to explain how the information carried in IS-IS is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-layer2-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.