Subject: I-D Action:draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Definition of Time-to-Live TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms
	Author(s)       : S. Boutros, et al.
	Filename        : draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-02-27

LSP-Ping is a widely deployed Operation, Administration, and 
Maintenance (OAM) mechanism in MPLS networks. However, in the present 
form, this mechanism is inadequate to verify connectivity of a 
segment of a Multi-Segment PseudoWire (MS-PW) from any node on the 
path of the MS-PW. Similar shortcoming is seen on a bidirectional co-
routed MPLS TP LSPs. This document defines a TLV to address these 
shortcomings. 

Requirements Language 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL 
NOT","SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in 
this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.