Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bergeron-payload-rtpfec-rs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:30:02 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : RTP Payload Format for Reed-Solomon FEC
    Author(s)     : R. Fracchia, et al
    Filename      : draft-bergeron-payload-rtpfec-rs-00.txt
    Pages         : 11
    Date          : 2011-02-25
    
This document defines a new RTP payload type for the insertion of 
       Forward Error Correction (FEC) in RTP. This solution is based on 
       Reed-Solomon codes that protect the transmission both from packet 
       losses and bit errors which may affect the communication over 
       wireless links. These codes are systematic, thus being completely 
       transparent to FEC unaware RTP clients. The new payload defined in 
       this draft and the insertion of RS codes are particularly suited for 
       H.264 video streaming. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bergeron-payload-rtpfec-rs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.