Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Control Plane Framework
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2011-02-10

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) supports static provisioning
of transport paths via a Network Management System (NMS), and
dynamic provisioning of transport paths via a control plane. This
document provides the framework for MPLS-TP dynamic provisioning,
and covers control plane addressing, routing, path computation,
signaling, traffic engineering, and path recovery.  MPLS-TP uses
GMPLS as the control plane for MPLS-TP Label Switched Paths
(LSPs).  MPLS-TP also uses the Pseudowire (PW) control plane for
Pseudowires (PWs).  Management plane functions are out of scope of
this document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.