Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Compression Format for IPv6 Datagrams in Low Power and Lossy Networks (6LoWPAN)
	Author(s)       : J. Hui, P. Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc-15.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-02-24

This document updates RFC 4944, "Transmission of IPv6 Packets over
IEEE 802.15.4 Networks".  This document specifies an IPv6 header
compression format for IPv6 packet delivery in Low Power and Lossy
Networks (6LoWPANs).  The compression format relies on shared context
to allow compression of arbitrary prefixes.  How the information is
maintained in that shared context is out of scope.  This document
specifies compression of multicast addresses and a framework for
compressing next headers.  UDP header compression is specified within
this framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.