Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:15:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Round-trip Loss Metrics
	Author(s)       : A. Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-02-15

Many user applications (and the transport protocols that make them
possible) require two-way communications.  To assess this capability,
and to achieve test system simplicity, round-trip loss measurements
are frequently conducted in practice.  The Two-Way Active Measurement
Protocol specified in RFC 5357 establishes a round-trip loss
measurement capability for the Internet.  However, there is currently
no metric specified according to the RFC 2330 framework.

This memo adds round-trip loss to the set of IP Performance Metrics
(IPPM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.