Subject: I-D Action:draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-minimal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 06:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Minimal IKEv2
	Author(s)       : T. Kivinen
	Filename        : draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-minimal-00.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2011-02-23

This document describes minimal version of the Internet Key Exchange
version 2 (IKEv2) protocol.  IKEv2 is a component of IPsec used for
performing mutual authentication and establishing and maintaining
Security Associations (SAs).  IKEv2 includes several optional
features, which are not needed in minimal implementations.  This
document describes what is required from the minimal implementation,
and also describes various optimizations which can be done.  The
protocol described here is compliant with full IKEv2 with exception
that this document only describes shared secret authentication (IKEv2
requires support for certificate authentication in addition to shared
secret authentication).

This document does not update or modify RFC 5996, but provides more
compact description of the minimal version of the protocol.  If this
document and RFC 5996 conflicts then RFC 5996 is the authoritative
description.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-minimal-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.