Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kent-bgpsec-threats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Threat Model for BGP Path Security
	Author(s)	: S. Kent
	Filename	: draft-kent-bgpsec-threats-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2011-2-10
	
This document describes a threat model for BGP path security
   (BGPSEC). BGPSEC is assumed to make use of the Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI) already developed in the SIDR WG [I-D.ietf-
   sidr-arch], and thus threats and attacks against the RPKI are part of
   this model. The model assumes that BGP path security is achieved
   through the application of digital signatures to AS_Path Info. The
   document characterizes classes of potential adversaries that are
   considered to be threats, and examines classes of attacks that might
   be launched against BGPSEC. It concludes with brief discussion of
   residual vulnerabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kent-bgpsec-threats-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.