Subject: I-D Action:draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A SASL Mechanism for OAuth
	Author(s)       : W. Mills, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-02-16

Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a framework for
providing authentication and data security services in connection-
oriented protocols via replaceable mechanisms.  OAuth is a protocol
framework for delegated HTTP authentication and thereby provides a
method for clients to access a protected resource on behalf of a
resource owner.

This document defines the use of HTTP authentication over SASL, and
additionally defines authoriation and token issuing endpoint
discovery.  Thereby, it enables schemes defined within the OAuth
framework for non-HTTP-based application protocols.  A future version
of this document will describe the integration into the Generic
Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-APIO).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.