Subject: I-D Action:draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels
	Author(s)       : V. Kuarsingh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-02-01

6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels (6to4-PMT) provides a framework which
can help manage 6to4 [RFC3056] tunnels operating an an anycast
[RFC3068] configuration.  The 6to4-PMT framework is intended to serve
as an option to service providers to help improve the experience of
6to4 operation when conditions of the network may provide sub-optimal
performance or break normal 6to4 operation. 6to4-PMT provides a
stable provider prefix and forwarding environment by utilizing
existing 6to4 Relays with an added function of IPv6 Prefix
Translation.  This operation may be particularly important in NAT444
infrastructures where a customer endpoint may be assigned a non-
RFC1918 address subject to a northbound Large Scale NAT
[draft-nishitani-cgn-05] translator breaking the normal IPv4 return
path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.