Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:45:01 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : MPLS-TP Ring Protection Switching (MRPS)
    Author(s)     : H. Zhang, et al
    Filename      : draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-00.txt
    Pages         : 41
    Date          : 2011-02-25
    
This document describes a mechanism to address the requirements for
   protection of the Multi-Protocol Label Switching Transport Profile
   (MPLS-TP) Label Switched Paths (LSP) in a ring topology. The
   mechanism defined herein is designed to support point-to-point
   as well as point-to-multipoint LSPs.

   The MPLS-TP section layer OAM is used to monitor the connectivity
   between each two adjacent nodes using the mechanisms defined in the
   [MPLS-TP OAM].

   The Automatic Protection Switching (APS) protocol is used for
   coordination of protection switching actions between the ring nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.