Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NFS Version 4 Protocol
	Author(s)       : T. Haynes, D. Noveck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 302
	Date            : 2011-02-28

The Network File System (NFS) version 4 is a distributed filesystem
protocol which owes heritage to NFS protocol version 2, RFC 1094, and
version 3, RFC 1813.  Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4
protocol supports traditional file access while integrating support
for file locking and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for
strong security (and its negotiation), compound operations, client
caching, and internationalization have been added.  Of course,
attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an
Internet environment.

This document, together with the companion XDR description document,
replaces RFC 3530 as the definition of the NFS version 4 protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.