Subject: I-D Action:draft-morton-bmwg-imix-genome-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 13:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IMIX Genome: Specification of variable packet sizes for additional testing
	Author(s)       : A. Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-bmwg-imix-genome-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-02-04

Benchmarking Methodologies have always relied on test conditions with
constant packet sizes, with the goal of understanding what network
device capability has been tested.  Tests with constant packet size
reveal device capabilities but differ significantly from the
conditions encountered in operational deployment, and so additional
tests are sometimes conducted with a mixture of packet sizes, or
"IMIX".  The mixture of sizes a networking device will encounter is
highly variable and depends on many factors.  An IMIX suited for one
networking device and deployment will not be appropriate for another.
However, the mix of sizes may be known and the tester may be asked to
augment the fixed size tests.  To address this need, and the
perpetual goal of specifying repeatable test conditions, this draft
defines a way to specify the exact repeating sequence of packet sizes
from the usual set of fixed sizes, and other forms of mixed size
specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-bmwg-imix-genome-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.