Subject: I-D Action:draft-lehmann-morg-pop3listplus-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 07:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Post Office Protocol (POP3) LIST+ Extension
	Author(s)       : S. Lehmann
	Filename        : draft-lehmann-morg-pop3listplus-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-02-03

The Post Office Protocol - Version 3 (POP3) LIST+ Extension allows a
POP3 client to instruct a POP3 server to send additional information
with the LIST command response.  This will help save message round
trips and bandwidth overhead, especially on mailboxes containing
several messages.  On public POP3 servers, serving thousands of
mailboxes, and being polled frequently, LIST+ will help reduce server
load.

Note

This document defines an extension to POP3, and updates RFC 1939.

Technical comments are solicited and should be addressed to Message
Organizations Working Group's mailing list at [email-masked] and/or to
the author.  You can subscribe to that list at
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/morg.

Editorial comments should be addressed directly to the author.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehmann-morg-pop3listplus-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.