Subject: I-D Action:draft-probasco-paws-overview-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Protocol to Access White Space database: Overview and Use case scenarios
	Author(s)       : S. Probasco, et al.
	Filename        : draft-probasco-paws-overview-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-02-28

Wireless spectrum is a commodity that is regulated by governments.
The spectrum is used for various purposes which include entertainment
(eg. radio and television), communication (telephony and Internet
access), military (radars etc.) and, navigation (satellite
communication, GPS).  Portions of the radio spectrum that are unused
or unoccupied at specific locations and times are defined as "white
space".  TV White space refers to those unused channels, within the
range allocated for TV transmission, that can be used without
interfering with the primary purpose for which it is allocated.

This document provides an overview of TV white space and describes
examples of how a radio system might operate using TV white space
spectrum.  Not only does it describe the operation of a radio system,
but also how the radio system including a white space database
enables location based services.  The description is high level and
generic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-probasco-paws-overview-usecases-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.