Subject: I-D Action:draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PSTN scope of PCN Charter
	Author(s)       : S. Goldman, B. Schaefer
	Filename        : draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-10.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-02-14

The IETF PCN Working Group has continued its work investigating pre-
congestion and admission control mechanisms.  This work has
progressed under the current charter, but has not yet considered
related legacy PSTN interactions or the need for ubiquitous
connectivity between users on dissimilar networks.  The PCN charter
could be improved by a strong positive statement to the effect
committing to future work addressing legacy networks.

In that light, please consider the questions below which include
differential PCN treatment based on traffic types, security, and PSTN
interoperability concerns.  It seems helpful to have a touchstone of
some concerns relative to the PSTN network and IP network Gateway in
order to confirm that they will be addressed in future work.  This
attempt is motivated by a desire to avoid the accidental omission of
a topic that may be hard to "retrofit" in later.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.