Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pim-port-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM
	Author(s)       : D. Farinacci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-port-05.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2011-02-15

This draft describes how a reliable transport mechanism can be used
by the PIM protocol to optimize CPU and bandwidth resource
utilization by eliminating periodic Join/Prune message transmission.
This draft proposes a modular extension to PIM to use either the TCP
or SCTP transport protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-port-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.