Subject: I-D Action:draft-kini-ospf-fast-notification-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:00:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Fast Notification
	Author(s)       : S. Kini, et al.
	Filename        : draft-kini-ospf-fast-notification-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The current OSPF link-state database (LSDB) flooding mechanism
involves control-plane processing and forwarding at each hop. The
delay due to the involvement of the control-plane adversely affects
OSPF convergence. This document describes a mechanism to transmit
link-state advertisements (LSA)  multiple hops away without involving
control-plane processing at the intermediate routers. This helps to
achieve faster convergence. It complements the current LSDB flooding
mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-ospf-fast-notification-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.