Subject: I-D Action:draft-retana-bgp-custom-decision-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:45:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Custom Decision Process
	Author(s)       : A. Retana, R. White
	Filename        : draft-retana-bgp-custom-decision-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The BGP specification defines a Decision Process for installation of
routes into the Loc-RIB.  This process takes into account an
extensive series of path attributes, which can be manipulated to
indicate preference for specific paths.  It is cumbersome (if at all
possible) for the end user to define policies that will select, after
partial comparison, a path based on subjective local (domain and/or
node) criteria.

This document defines a new Extended Community, called the Cost
Community, which may be used in tie breaking during the best path
selection process.  The end result is a local custom decision
process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-retana-bgp-custom-decision-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.