Subject: I-D Action:draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 16:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : AS112 Nameserver Delegations for IPv6
	Author(s)       : G. Michaelson, G. Huston
	Filename        : draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-03-07

To reduce longterm traffic to the DNS root servers and the IP6.ARPA
authoritative servers, the IAB is requested to instruct the IANA to
delegate a set of sub-domains of IP6.ARPA to the AS112 Project
[ID.ietf-dnsop-as112-ops].  These domains represent IPv6 address
prefixes that are not conventionally populated in the global reverse-
DNS, including IPv6 prefixes that are not globally scoped and certain
prefixes used in an anycast context.

The reverse DNS query load associated with these IPv6 address prefixes
appear to have unacceptable scaling consequences as IPv6 uptake
increases.  By delegating these sub-domains to the AS112 project, the
DNS query load can be passed to a distributed sink, reducing the
query load on the root servers and the IP6.ARPA authoritative
servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.