Subject: I-D Action:draft-keyur-bgp-af-specific-rt-constrain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 13:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 AF Extensions for Route Target Distribution
	Author(s)       : K. Patel, et al.
	Filename        : draft-keyur-bgp-af-specific-rt-constrain-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-09

The current route target distribution specification described in
RFC4684 defines Route Target NLRIs of maxiumum length of 12 bytes.
The IPv6 specific Route Target extended community is defined in
RFC5701 as length of 20 bytes.  Since the current specification only
supports prefixes of maximum length of 12 bytes, the lack of an IPv6
specific Route Target reachability information may be a problem when
an operator wants to use this application in a pure IPv6 environment.
This document defines an extension that allows BGP to exchange longer
length IPv6 Route Target prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keyur-bgp-af-specific-rt-constrain-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.