Subject: I-D Action:draft-von-hugo-multimob-ro-compa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:30:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Comparison of Multicast Mobility Route Optimization
	Author(s)       : D. von Hugo, H. Asaeda
	Filename        : draft-von-hugo-multimob-ro-compa-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-03-07

The Multimob WG has defined a basic mobile multicast solution
leveraging on network localized mobility management, i.e.  Proxy
Mobile IPv6 protocol.  The basic solution incorporates multicast
aware routers co-located with the mobility anchor and a proxy 
functionality for group management, i.e.  IGMP/MLD, at the access
gateway.  Although such a basic solution solves the issue from an 
operational point of view, challenges with respect to optimization,
e.g. efficient resource utilization, still remain.

This document attempts to evaluate proposed solutions for the
chartered work item of "PMIPv6 routing optimizations to avoid tunnel
convergence problem". A corresponding deployment specific extension
would cover dynamic and/or automatic tunnel configuration and a
direct or local routing approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-ro-compa-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.