Subject: I-D Action:draft-bessis-dispatch-adaptive-load-balancing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Adaptive load balancing in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : T. Bessis, V. Gurbani
	Filename        : draft-bessis-dispatch-adaptive-load-balancing-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-07

A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) proxy, distributing traffic to a
cluster of multiple downstream servers, can use the DNS SRV mechanism
to perform load balancing.  However, the "weight" field in the DNS
SRV mechanism is intended for static server selection.  Over time,
the traffic arriving at the downstream SIP servers may cause them to
enter an overload condition, adversely impacting the throughput of
the SIP cluster.  This document proposes to impart the dynamic load
of each SIP server to the load distributing SIP proxy, thereby
allowing it to load balance the traffic so as to reduce --- or even
prevent --- an overload condition.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bessis-dispatch-adaptive-load-balancing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.