Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations and Guidelines for Deploying the Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) Method
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-begen-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-03-02

The Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) solution is a
method based on RTP and RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) that enables an
RTP receiver to rapidly acquire and start consuming the RTP multicast
data.  Upon a request from the RTP receiver, an auxiliary unicast RTP
retransmission session is set up between a retransmission server and
the RTP receiver, over which the reference information about the new
multicast stream the RTP receiver is about to join is transmitted at
an accelerated rate.  This often precedes, but may also accompany,
the multicast stream itself.  When there is only one multicast stream
to be acquired, the RAMS solution works in a straightforward manner.
However, when there are two or more multicast streams to be acquired
from the same or different multicast RTP sessions, care should be
taken to configure each RAMS session appropriately.  This document
provides example scenarios and offers guidelines.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.