Subject: I-D Action:draft-gredler-bgp-te-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 16:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advertising Traffic Engineering Information in BGP
	Author(s)       : H. Gredler, J. Medved
	Filename        : draft-gredler-bgp-te-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-03-04

This document defines a new Border Gateway Protocol Network Layer
Reachability Information (BGP NLRI) encoding format that can be used
to distribute Traffic Engineering (TE) link information.  Links can
be either physical links connecting physical nodes, or virtual paths
between physical or abstract nodes.  The TE information is carried
via the BGP, thereby reusing protocol algorithms, operational
experience, and administrative processes, such as inter-provider
peering agreements.

The BGP protocol carrying Traffic Engineering (TE) information would
provide a well-defined, uniform, policy-controlled interface from the
network to outside servers that need to learn the network topology in
real-time, for example an ALTO Server or a Path Computation Server.
Having TE information from remote areas and/or Autonomous Systems
would allow path computation for inter-area and/or inter-AS source-
routed unicast and multicast tunnels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gredler-bgp-te-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.