Subject: I-D Action:draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:45:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Terminology for Talking about Privacy by Data Minimization: Anonymity, Unlinkability, Undetectability, Unobservability, Pseudonymity, and Identity Management
	Author(s)       : M. Hansen, H. Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document is an attempt to consolidate terminology in the field
privacy by data minimization.  It motivates and develops definitions
for anonymity/identifiability, (un)linkability, (un)detectability,
(un)observability, pseudonymity, identity, partial identity, digital
identity and identity management.  Starting the definitions from the
anonymity and unlinkability perspective reveals some deeper
structures in this field.

Note: This document is discussed at
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-privacy

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.