Subject: I-D Action:draft-sarikaya-softwire-dslite6rdmulticast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for Dual Stack Lite and 6RD
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-dslite6rdmulticast-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-07

This memo specifies modifications required to DS-Lite and 6RD so that
both IPv4/ IPv6 hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4/ IPv6
servers.

The DS-Lite solution is based on DS-Lite Basic Bridging BroadBand
element (B4) proxying IGMP and then tunneling IGMP messages to DS-
Lite Address Family Transition Router element (AFTR).  IPv4 multicast
data received at AFTR is tunneled to B$ and then delivered to the
hosts.  IPv6 multicast and MLD can be supported in a similar way.

The 6RD protocol is based on proxying MLD at the 6RD Customer Edge
and then tunneling MLD messages to 6RD Border Relays where IPv6
multicast routing is supported.  Multicast data received at 6RD
Border Relay is tunneled to 6RD Customer Edge node and then delivered
to the hosts.  We show that IPv4 multicast and IGMP can be supported
in a similar way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-dslite6rdmulticast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.