Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-li-p2mpsmd-sam-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:15:02 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Point to Multipoint Streaming Media Delivery  for Edge Network Problem Statement
    Author(s)     : Z. Sun, et al
    Filename      : draft-li-p2mpsmd-sam-problem-statement-00.txt
    Pages         : 9
    Date          : 2011-03-07
    
Currently, more and more Internet streaming services are getting
   increasingly popular among users.  With the increasing growth of
   streaming media traffic, network awareness and policy-based control
   are required for providing higher QoE to the end users and better OAM
   support to the service providers.  They are especially important for
   point to multipoint streaming media delivery for the edge network.
   However, most of the existing technologies or protocols, such as IP
   multicast, do not provide the network aware and policy-based control
   mechanisms.  This document presents the problem statements in point
   to multipoint streaming media delivery for edge network, explains why
   network awareness and policy-based control should be urgently
   addressed for the point to multipoint streaming media delivery in the
   edge network and introduces what's should be further considered in
   the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-p2mpsmd-sam-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.