Subject: I-D Action:draft-detti-conet-ip-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An IPv4 Option to support Content Networking
	Author(s)       : A. Detti, et al.
	Filename        : draft-detti-conet-ip-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-03-29

The Content Centric Networking paradigm, also known as Named Data
Networking, shifts the focus of networking from providing connections
between hosts to efficiently providing content to the users.  The
work on CCN has traditionally been performed looking at "clean-slate"
solutions which aims to replace IP with a new paradigm.  On the other
hand, in this memo we propose an "integration" approach to Content
Centric Networking, i.e. we extend the IP protocol using a new IP
Option.  The new IP option is used by routers to support networking
based on content rather than (or better in addition to) end-point
addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-detti-conet-ip-option-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.