Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:00:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Methodology for Benchmarking SIP Networking Devices
	Author(s)       : C. Davids, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) performance as described in SIP
benchmarking terminology document.  The methodology and terminology
are to be used for benchmarking signaling plane performance with
varying signaling and media load.  Both scale and establishment rate
are measured by signaling plane performance.  The SIP Devices to be
benchmarked may be a single device under test (DUT) or a system under
test (SUT).  Benchmarks can be obtained and compared for different
types of devices such as SIP Proxy Server, SBC, and server paired
with a media relay or Firewall/NAT device.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.