Subject: I-D Action:draft-raszuk-bgp-diagnostic-message-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 13:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Diagnostic Message
	Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, et al.
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-bgp-diagnostic-message-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-03-09

BGP protocol lacks self diagnostic tools which would allow for
monitoring and detection of any possible bgp state database
differences between BGP_RIB_Out of the sender and BGP_RIB_In of the
receiver over BGP peering session.  It also lacks of build in
mechanism to inform peer about subset of prefixes received over
session which experienced some errors and which per protocol
specification either resulted in attribute drop or "treat-as-
withdraw" action.

The intention of this document is to start a new class of work which
will make BGP protocol and therefor assuring services constructed
with the help of BGP protocol to become much more reliable and
robust.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-bgp-diagnostic-message-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.