Subject: I-D Action:draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 04:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A packet-based method for passive performance monitoring
	Author(s)       : M. Cociglio, et al.
	Filename        : draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-03-07

This document describes a method to accomplish performance monitoring
measurements on real traffic, applicable to any packet-based stream,
including L2, L3, MPLS traffic, unicast and multicast.  The method
can be easily implemented using tools and features already available
on existing routing platforms without any protocol extension and, for
this reason, it does not raise any interoperability issue.  However,
the method could be further improved by means of some extension to
existing protocols, but this aspect is left for further study and it
is out of the scope of the document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.