Subject: I-D Action:draft-sajassi-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PBB E-VPN
	Author(s)       : A. Sajassi, S. Boutros
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-03-13

This document discusses how Ethernet Provider Backbone Bridging 
[802.1ah] can be combined with E-VPN in order to reduce the number 
of BGP MAC advertisement routes by aggregating Customer/Client MAC 
(C-MAC) addresses via Provider Backbone MAC address (B-MAC), provide 
client MAC address mobility using C-MAC aggregation and B-MAC sub-
netting, confine the scope of C-MAC learning to only active flows, 
offer per site policies and avoid C-MAC address flushing on topology 
changes. The combined solution is referred to as PBB-EVPN.  

Conventions 
 
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.