Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Low Extra Delay Background Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
	Author(s)       : S. Shalunov, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-14

LEDBAT is an experimental delay-based congestion control algorithm
that attempts to utilize the available bandwidth on an end-to-end
path while limiting the consequent increase in queueing delay on the
path.  LEDBAT uses changes in one-way delay measurements to limit
congestion induced in the network by the LEDBAT flow.  LEDBAT is
designed for use by background bulk-transfer applications; it is
designed to be no more aggressive than TCP congestion control and to
yield in the presence of competing TCP flows, thus limiting
interference with the network performance of the competing TCP flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.