Subject: I-D Action:draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SRTP Store-and-Forward Use Cases and Requirements
	Author(s)       : R. Blom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) was designed to allow
simple and efficient protection of RTP.  To provide this, encryption
and authentication of media and control signaling are tightly coupled
to the RTP session, and the information in the RTP header.  Hence, in
general, it is not possible to perform store-and-forward of protected
media using SRTP.

This document gives, based on a use case analysis, requirements that
SRTP and new SRTP transforms need to satisfy in order to allow secure
store-and-forward operation.  A first outline on how to introduce the
needed new functionality and transforms in SRTP is also presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.