Subject: I-D Action:draft-gurbani-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 08:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Peer-to-peer simulation frameworks: a survey
	Author(s)       : V. Gurbani
	Filename        : draft-gurbani-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-03-07

Peer-to-peer (p2p) protocols, like all distributed protocols, are
complex, and therefore harder to debug and study in the wild.  This
is more true of existing p2p protocols, where changing the behaviour
of the protocol --- however minor the change may be --- may result in
unknown manifestations on the dynamics of the swarm using that
protocol.  In lieu of the unintended consequences of perturbing a
live swarm, researchers have resorted to simulation frameworks.
However, simulation results obtained from one simulator are often
hard to reproduce when using another simulation framework.  This
document surveys existing simulator frameworks prevalent in
simulating p2p protocols today in order to quantify any assumptions
and characteristics inherent in the simulator.  This, we hope, will
aid future researchers in choosing the right simulation framework for
their abstraction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.