Subject: I-D Action:draft-asati-pignataro-mpls-ldp-gtsm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM) for Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
	Author(s)       : C. Pignataro, R. Asati
	Filename        : draft-asati-pignataro-mpls-ldp-gtsm-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-11

The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM) describes a generalized
use of a packets Time to Live (TTL) (IPv4) or Hop Limit (IPv6) to
verify that the packet was sourced by a node on a connected link,
thereby protecting the router's IP control-plane from CPU utilization
based attacks.  This technique improves security and is used by many
protocols.  This document defines the GTSM use for Label Distribution
Protocol (LDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-pignataro-mpls-ldp-gtsm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.