Subject: I-D Action:draft-delregno-pw-vccv-impl-survey-results-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 06:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Pseudowire (PW) & Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) Implementation Survey Results
	Author(s)       : N. Del Regno
	Filename        : draft-delregno-pw-vccv-impl-survey-results-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-08

Most Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) encapsulations mandate
the use of the Control Word (CW) in order to better emulate the
services for which the encapsulations have been defined.  However,
some encapulations treat the Control Word as optional.  As a result,
implementations of the CW, for encapsulations for which it is
optional, vary by equipment manufacturer, equipment model and service
provider network.  Similarly, Virtual Circuit Connectivity
Verification (VCCV) supports three Control Channel (CC) types and
multiple Connectivity Verification (CV) Types.  This flexibility has
led to reports of interoperability issues within deployed networks
and associated drafts to attempt to remedy the situation.  This
survey of the PW/VCCV user community was conducted to determine
implementation trends.  The survey and results is presented herein.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-delregno-pw-vccv-impl-survey-results-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.