Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 03:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secure Extension of BGP by Decoupling Path Propagation and Adoption
	Author(s)       : M. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This draft proposes a novel mitigation scheme to protect the inter-
domain data delivery during false routing announcements. A new path
attribute is defined to Decouple propagation of a path and adoption
of a path for data forwarding in BGP (DBGP). DBGP does not use
suspicious paths for data forwarding, but still propagates them in
the routing system to facilitate attack detection. It can extensively
protect data delivery from routing announcements of false sub-
prefixes, false origins, false nodes and false links, and works well
with ongoing attack detection and prevention systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.