Subject: I-D Action:draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:30:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : World IPv6 Day Call to Arms
	Author(s)       : T. Chown, S. Venaas
	Filename        : draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The Internet Society (ISOC) has declared that June 8th 2011 will be
World IPv6 Day, on which organisations are being encouraged to test
their production IPv6 deployment capability.  Many significant
content providers and networks have stated they will take part.
Given this date is likely to see more IPv6 traffic flowing across the
Internet than has ever been seen before, it seems timely to issue a
call to arms for operators and administrators to review and mitigate
common causes of IPv6 connectivity problems.  The increased traffic
on World IPv6 Day should also create an excellent opportunity to
observe the behaviour and performance of IPv6; it is thus very
desirable to have appropriate measurement tools in place in advance.
We discuss some appropriate tools from the network and application
perspective.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.