Subject: I-D Action:draft-zheng-host-initiated-nat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 03:00:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Host-initiated NAT
	Author(s)       : L. Zheng
	Filename        : draft-zheng-host-initiated-nat-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-30

This document presents a new method to implement the NAT function,
which requires the cooperating of the hosts and the NAT gateway. The
proposed NAT mechanism is called Host-initiated NAT, or HI-NAT for
short. Traditional NAT function is performed in the gateway, while
the hosts are not aware of the address translation at all. One
drawback of such mechanism is that all translation works need to be
done in one device, the NAT gateway, which may bring performance
bottleneck. The presented HI-NAT mechanism shows another possible
solution to improve network performance by the cooperating of the
hosts and the Gateway. In more details, the hosts will initiate the
NAT procedure with its local IP address. After getting the translated
IP address, the hosts will use it in every packet sending out to ease
the translating workload of the NAT gateway.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zheng-host-initiated-nat-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.