Subject: I-D Action:draft-dnoveck-storage-control-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Storage Control Extensions for NFS Version 4
	Author(s)       : D. Noveck, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dnoveck-storage-control-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-03-14

Developments in storage systems have made it important for
applications to have control over the characteristics of the storage
that will be used for their particular files.  The development of
pNFS has added to the usefulness of such control mechanisms as it has
created the opportunity for the hierarchical organization of file
names to be separated from the control of storage characteristics for
individual files, including the assignment to storage locations to
reflect the performance or other needs of those specific files.  This
document proposes extensions to NFS version 4 to allow storage
requirements to be communicated to the NFS version 4 server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dnoveck-storage-control-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.