Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-cert-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:30:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Certificates
	Author(s)       : T. Heer, S. Varjonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-cert-12.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The CERT parameter is a container for digital certificates.  It is
used for carrying these certificates in Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
control packets.  This document specifies the certificate parameter
and the error signaling in case of a failed verification.
Additionally, this document specifies the representations of Host
Identity Tags in X.509 version 3 (v3) and SPKI certificates.

The concrete use of certificates including how certificates are
obtained, requested, and which actions are taken upon successful or
failed verification are specific to the scenario in which the
certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these scenario-
specific aspects are left to the documents that use the CERT
parameter.

This document updates RFC 5201.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-cert-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.