Subject: I-D Action:draft-hellstrom-text-conference-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Text media handling in RTP based real-time conferences
	Author(s)       : G. Hellstrom, A. Wijk
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-text-conference-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This memo specifies methods for text media handling in multi-party
calls, where the text is carried by the RTP protocol.  Real-time text
is carried in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103.  Centralized
multi-party handling of real-time text is achieved through a media
control unit coordinating multiple RTP text streams into one single
stream RTP session, identifying each stream with its own CSRC.
Identification for the streams are provided through the RTCP
messages.  This mechanism enables the receiving application to
present the received real-time text medium in different ways
according to user preferences.  Some presentation related features
are also described explaining suitable variations of transmission and
presentation of text.  Call control features are described for the
SIP environment, while the transport mechanisms should be suitable
for any IP based call control environment using RTP transport.  Two
alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
identification inline in the text stream are also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-text-conference-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.