Subject: I-D Action:draft-thaler-ipv6-saf-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Source Address Finding (SAF) for IPv6 Translation Mechanisms
	Author(s)       : D. Thaler
	Filename        : draft-thaler-ipv6-saf-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-03-14

There are various recent proposals that would result in IPv6
translation becoming permanent.  RFC 3424 discusses UNilateral Self-
Address Fixing (UNSAF) mechanisms which are required for applications
to work with most translation schemes, points out a number of
problems with them, and requires an exit strategy for any UNSAF
mechanism.  This document discusses an alternative to UNSAF
mechanisms should IPv6 translation become permanent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thaler-ipv6-saf-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.