Subject: I-D Action:draft-sijeon-multimob-direct-routing-pmip6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 02:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PMIPv6 Multicasting Support using Native Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : S. Jeon, Y. Kim
	Filename        : draft-sijeon-multimob-direct-routing-pmip6-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-07

To support IP multicasting in PMIPv6 domain, [I-D.ietf-multimob-
pmipv6-base-solution] has been determined as a base solution. This
solution requires all the LMA to forward multicast packets to MAG via
PMIPv6 tunnel. This approach creates a tunnel convergence problem. To
resolve the issue, the current MULTIMOB WG charter is trying to draw
a solution about how to separate multicasting routing from a mobility
anchor. As an effective solution, we propose the direct routing
approach that makes the direct connection between MAG and multicast
router. The advantages of the proposed direct routing solution are
compared with the base solution and dedicated LMA approach. This
draft is derived and revised from [I-D.sijeon-multimob-mms-pmip6] as
re-chartered MULTIMOB WG description.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sijeon-multimob-direct-routing-pmip6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.