Subject: I-D Action:draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Adding a Flexible GetSize RPC Variant to the AFS-3 Volume Service
	Author(s)       : A. Deason
	Filename        : draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-03-11

This document describes an additional Rx remote procedure call that
may be used to obtain the size of an AFS-3 volume dump from an AFS-3
Volume Service.  While an RPC already exists for this purpose
(AFSVolGetSize), this document proposes a more flexible mechanism
that is able to more accurately determine the size of a volume dump
in a greater number of cases.

Internet Draft Comments

Comments regarding this draft are solicited.  Please include the
AFS-3 protocol standardization mailing list
([email-masked]) as a recipient of any comments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.