Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:30:10 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Supporting Shared Mesh Protection in MPLS-TP Networks
    Author(s)     : R. Rao, et al
    Filename      : draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-01.txt
    Pages         : 16
    Date          : 2011-03-14
    
Shared mesh protection is a common protection and recovery mechanism 
        in transport networks, where multiple paths can share the same set 
        of network resources for protection purposes. 

        In the context of MPLS-TP, it has been explicitly requested as a 
        part of the overall solution (Req. 67, 68 and 69 in RFC5654 [1]). 

        It's important to note that each MPLS-TP LSP may be associated with 
        transport network resources. In event of network failure, it may 
        require explicit activation on the protecting paths before switching 
        user traffic over. 

        In this memo, we define a lightweight signaling mechanism for 
        protecting path activation in shared mesh protection-enabled MPLS-TP 
        networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.