Subject: I-D Action:draft-petrescu-mip4-tuntype-change-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:45:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tunnel Type Change for Mobile IPv4 (TTC)
	Author(s)       : A. Petrescu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-mip4-tuntype-change-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-03-07

The protocol Mobile IPv4 may use a number of encapsulation methods
between an MN and its HA.  The UDP method is used to perform NAT
Traversal (if a NAT sits between MN and HA) whereas IP-in-IP method
may be used if there is no NAT (CoA is a publicly routable address).
Although these methods are individually specified, a mechanism for
changing between one to another is not, which may lead to incoherent
implementations.

This draft briefly presents the scenario of a MN performing a
handover between private space (NAT) and public space (non-NAT), the
implementation problem (type of tunnel can not be changed
dynamically), and some potential solutions as textual modifications,
better implementations, or protocol extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-mip4-tuntype-change-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.