Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mif-api-extension-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Socket API Extension for MIF Host
	Author(s)       : D. Liu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-liu-mif-api-extension-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-14

API (Application Program Interface) is an interface implemented by a
software program that enables it to interact with other software.  In
IP network communication area, Socket API is the de facto standard
and is widely used in many systems.  Recently, multiple interfaces or
multiple connection capable devices become more and more common.  But
due to the limitation of the default route of the host and other
issues such as DNS selection etc prevent the utilization of multiple
interfaces/connections benefit.  Moreover, there is no API level
support for the application developer to utilize the benefit of the
host's multiple interfaces/connections.  Starting with the
requirement of MIF API extension, this document describes a new set
of abstraction APIs to provide additional services to applications
running on hosts attached to multiple provisioning domains.  These
services could assist advanced applications in having greater control
over first-hop, source address and/or DNS selection issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mif-api-extension-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.