Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-grow-no-more-unallocated-slash8s-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Time to Remove Filters for Previously Unallocated IPv4 /8s
	Author(s)       : L. Vegoda
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-no-more-unallocated-slash8s-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-03-12

It has been common for network administrators to filter IP traffic
coming from unallocated IPv4 address space.  Now that there are no
longer any unallocated IPv4 /8s, this practise is more complicated,
fragile and expensive.  Network administrators are advised to remove
filters based on the registration status of the address space.

This document explains why any remaining filters for unallocated IPv4
/8s should now be removed on border routers and documents those IPv4
unicast prefixes that should not be routed across the public
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-no-more-unallocated-slash8s-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.