Subject: I-D Action:draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Specifying That a Server Supports TLS
	Author(s)       : P. Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-12

A server that hosts applications that can be run with or without TLS
may want to communicate with clients whether the server is hosting an
application only using TLS or also hosting the application without
TLS.  Many clients have a policy to try to set up a TLS session but
fall back to insecure if the TLS session cannot be set up.  If the
server can securely communicate whether or not it can fall back to
insecure tells such a client whether or not they should even try to
set up an insecure session with the server.  This document describes
the use cases for this type of communication and a secure method for
communicating that information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.