Subject: I-D Action:draft-pskim-mif-performance-metrics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 06:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Measurement Scheme of IP Performance Metrics for Mobile Networks with Multiple Access Network Interfaces
	Author(s)       : P. Kim
	Filename        : draft-pskim-mif-performance-metrics-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-06

This draft proposes a measurement scheme of IP performance metrics 
for mobile networks with multiple interfaces in heterogeneous 
wireless networks. In the proposed scheme, mobile nodes (MNs) can 
get IP performance metrics irrespective of the presence or absence 
of measurement functionality. Since the multihomed mobile router 
(MMR) with heterogeneous wireless multiple interfaces measures IP 
performance metrics on behalf of the MNs inside the mobile network, 
the proposed scheme does not require MNs to be involved in measuring 
IP performance metrics. MNs can get measured IP performance metrics 
from the MMR using L3 messages. Therefore, the proposed scheme can 
reduce burden and power consumption of MNs with limited resource and 
battery power since MNs don't measure directly IP performance 
metrics. In addition, the proposed scheme can reduce considerably 
traffic overhead over wireless links on multiple measurement paths 
since signaling messages and injected testing traffic are reduced.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pskim-mif-performance-metrics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.