Subject: I-D Action:draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : World IPv6 Day Call to Arms
	Author(s)       : T. Chown
	Filename        : draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-07

The Internet Society (ISOC) has declared that June 8th 2011 will be
World IPv6 Day, on which organisations are being encouraged to test
their production IPv6 deployment capability.  Many significant
content providers and networks have stated they will take part.
Given this date is likely to see more IPv6 traffic flowing across the
Internet than has ever been seen before, it seems timely to issue a
call to arms to review the status of ongoing open issues in IPv6
deployment.  In this discussion document we list identified issues in
IPv6 operations that may give rise to observed problems on June 8th.
The World IPv6 Day should also create an excellent opportunity to
observe the behaviour and performance of IPv6; it is thus very
desirable to have appropriate measurement tools in place.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.