Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-intarea-4rd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4 Residual Deployment across IPv6-Service networks (4rd) ISP-NAT's made optional
	Author(s)       : R. Despres, et al.
	Filename        : draft-despres-intarea-4rd-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document specifies an automatic tunneling mechanism for
providing IPv4 connectivity service to end users over a service
provider's IPv6 network.  During the long transition period from IPv4
to IPv6-only, a service provider's network will have to support IPv6,
but will also have to maintain some IPv4 connectivity for a number of
customers, for both outgoing and incoming connections, and for both
exclusive and shared IPv4 addresses.  The 4rd solution (IPv4 Residual
Deployment) is designed as a lightweight solution for this.

In some scenarios, 4rd can dispense ISPs from supporting any NAT in
their networks.  In some others it can be used in parallel with NAT-
based solutions such as DS-lite and/or NAT64/DNS4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-intarea-4rd-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.