Subject: I-D Action:draft-norwin-energy-consider-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:30:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for Power and Energy Management
	Author(s)       : B. Nordman, R. Winter
	Filename        : draft-norwin-energy-consider-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-14

With rising cost and an increasing awareness of the environmental
impact of energy consumption, a desirable feature of networked
devices is to be able to assess their power state and energy
consumption at will.  With this data available, one can build
sophisticated applications such as monitoring applications or even
active energy management systems.  These systems themselves are out
of scope of this memo, as it discusses only considerations for the
monitored devices.  Implementation specifics such as the definition
of a Management Information Base are also outside the scope of this
document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-norwin-energy-consider-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.