Subject: I-D Action:draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 13:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Negotiation of security protocol for Mobile IPv6 operation
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, G. Bajko
	Filename        : draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-07

Mobile IPv6 has relied on IPsec and IKE/v2 for securing the signaling
and user traffic.  A single security mechanism for Mobile IPv6 does
not adequately address various deployment scenarios.  The one-size-
fits-all security approach is ill suited for Mobile IPv6.  Multiple
alternatives to securing signaling and user traffic have been
proposed and are being considered for standardization.  When multiple
security protocols coexist for providing security for mobile IPv6
nodes, there is a need to negotiate the choice of protocol between a
mobile node and home agent apriori.  This document proposes a method
for negotiation the security protocol to be used betewen mobile IPv6
nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.