Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNS Referral Response Size Issues
	Author(s)       : P. Vixie, A. Kato
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-12.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-03-13

With a mandated default minimum maximum UDP message size of 512
octets, the DNS protocol presents some special problems for zones
wishing to expose a moderate or high number of authority servers (NS
RRs).  This document explains the operational issues caused by, or
related to this response size limit, and suggests ways to optimize
the use of this limited space.  Guidance is offered to DNS server
implementors and to DNS zone operators.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.