Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rationale for update to the IPv6 flow label specification
	Author(s)       : S. Amante, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-13

Various published proposals for use of the IPv6 flow label are
incompatible with its original specification in RFC 3697.
Furthermore, very little practical use is made of the flow label,
partly due to some uncertainties about the correct interpretation of
the specification.  This document discusses and motivates changes to
the specification in order to clarify it, and to introduce some
additional flexibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.