Subject: I-D Action:draft-giacalone-ospf-te-express-path-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Express Path
	Author(s)       : S. Giacalone, et al.
	Filename        : draft-giacalone-ospf-te-express-path-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-04

In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
performance criteria (e.g. latency) have become (or are becoming) as
(or more) critical to data path selection than other metrics.

This document describes extensions to OSPF TE (RFC3630) such that
network performance information can be distributed and collected in a
scalable fashion. The information collected from OSPF TE Express Path
can then be used to make path selection decisions. Additionally, the
information passed in these extensions will permit granular network
performance monitoring.

Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which network
performance information is distributed. The mechanisms for measuring
network performance or acting on that information, once distributed,
are outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giacalone-ospf-te-express-path-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.