Subject: I-D Action:draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
	Author(s)       : S. Randriamasy
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-14

IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
traffic Optimization) that includes a "Network Map Service", an
"Endpoint Cost Service" and an "Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service" and
thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
(NP) topology to overlay clients.

The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
provided by the current ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to broaden the
possibilities of the Application Clients in two ways: firstly by
providing a better mapping of the Selected Endpoints to needs of the
growing diversity of Content Networking Applications and to the
network conditions, secondly by producing a more robust choice of
multiple Endpoints, helping thus out for efficient Multi-Path
transfer.

There are 2 parts in this draft: the first part proposes protocol
extensions to support requests on multiple CostTypes in 1
transaction; the second part proposes additional CostTypes and Cost
attributes such as valitity period, timeframe and reliability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.