Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-iana-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry Operators
    Author(s)     : D. McPherson, et al
    Filename      : draft-iab-iana-07.txt
    Pages         : 14
    Date          : 2011-03-25
    
   Many IETF protocols make use of commonly-defined values that are
   passed in messages or packets.  To ensure consistent interpretation
   of these values between independent implementations, there is a need
   to ensure that the values and associated semantic intent are uniquely
   defined.  The IETF uses registry functions to record assigned
   protocol parameter values and their associated semantic intent. For
   each IETF protocol parameter it is current practice for the IETF to
   delegate the role of protocol parameter registry operator to a
   nominated entity.  This document provides a description of, and the
   requirements for, these delegated functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-iana-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.