Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The NewReno Modification to TCP's Fast Recovery Algorithm
	Author(s)       : T. Henderson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-03-14

RFC 5681 [RFC5681] documents the following four intertwined TCP
congestion control algorithms: Slow Start, Congestion Avoidance, Fast
Retransmit, and Fast Recovery.  RFC 5681 explicitly allows
certain modifications of these algorithms, including modifications
that use the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) option [RFC2883],
and modifications that respond to "partial acknowledgments" (ACKs
which cover new data, but not all the data outstanding when loss was
detected) in the absence of SACK.  This document describes a specific
algorithm for responding to partial acknowledgments, referred to as
NewReno.  This response to partial acknowledgments was first proposed
by Janey Hoe in [Hoe95].

The purpose of this revision from [RFC3782] is to make errata changes
and to adopt a proposal from Yoshifumi Nishida to slightly increase
the minimum window size after Fast Recovery from one to two segments,
to improve performance when the receiver uses delayed acknowledgments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.