Subject: I-D Action:draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Making Route Flap Damping Usable
	Author(s)       : C. Pelsser, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-06

Route Flap Damping (RFD) was first proposed to reduce BGP churn in
routers.  Unfortunately, RFD was found to severely penalize sites for
being well-connected because topological richness amplifies the
number of update messages exchanged.  Many operators have turned RFD
off.  This document recommends adjusting a few RFD algorithmic
constants and limits, to reduce the high risks with RFD, with the
result being damping a non-trivial amount of long term churn without
penalizing well-behaved prefixes' normal convergence process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.