Subject: I-D Action:draft-hunt-avtcore-monarch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 01:00:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Monitoring Architectures for RTP
	Author(s)       : G. Hunt, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hunt-avtcore-monarch-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-03-28

This memo proposes an architecture for extending RTCP with a new RTCP
XR (RFC3611) block type to report new metrics regarding media
transmission or reception quality, as proposed in RFC5968.  This memo
suggests that a new block should contain a single metric or a small
number of metrics relevant to a single parameter of interest or
concern, rather than containing a number of metrics which attempt to
provide full coverage of all those parameters of concern to a
specific application.  Applications may then "mix and match" to
create a set of blocks which covers their set of concerns.  Where
possible, a specific block should be designed to be re-usable across
more than one application, for example, for all of voice, streaming
audio and video.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hunt-avtcore-monarch-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.