Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 03:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender RTT Estimate Option for DCCP
	Author(s)       : G. Renker, G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-03-02

This document describes an update to CCID-3/4 that addresses
parameter-estimation problems occurring with TFRC-based DCCP
congestion control.

The fix uses a recommendation made in the original TFRC
specification.  It avoids the inherent problems of receiver-based RTT
sampling, by utilising higher-accuracy RTT samples already available
at the sender.  It is integrated into the feature set of DCCP as an
end-to-end negotiable extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.