Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reporting IP Performance Metrics to Users
	Author(s)       : S. Shalunov, M. Swany
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-06.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The aim of this document is to define a small set of metrics that are
robust, easy to understand, orthogonal, relevant, and easy to
compute.  The IPPM WG has defined a large number of richly
parameterized metrics because network measurement has many purposes.
Often, the ultimate purpose is to report a concise set of metrics
describing a network's current state to an end user.  It is for this
purpose that the present set of metrics is defined, and the document
is principally concerned with "short-term" reporting considerations
(a few seconds or minutes as opposed to days, months or years.)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.