Subject: I-D Action:draft-thompson-cdni-atis-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ATIS Internet Sourced Content Initiative and Relevance to CDNI
	Author(s)       : B. Thompson, A. Kobayashi
	Filename        : draft-thompson-cdni-atis-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-29

The ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF) is a leading developer of
requirements, standards, and specifications for Internet Protocol
Television, or IPTV.  IIF has specified an architecture for Content
On Demand applications which was published as the [ATIS-0800042] IPTV
Content on Demand (CoD) Service specification.  ATIS IIF is now
working on revision 2 of this document.  Revision 2 of ATIS CoD
specification includes an additional work item called "Internet
Sourced Content" which includes "off net delivery".  Both Internet
Sourced Content and off net delivery will address scenarios that
include delivery of content from a Content Service Provider through
multiple CDNs operated by different organizations to a user agent.
This document provides information on [ATIS-0800042], and the
Internet Sourced Content and off net Delivery use cases that are
relevant to CDNI.

The ATIS IIF architecture group focuses on developing architectures
and prefers to reference existing protocols where ever possible.  If,
and as, the IETF CDNI effort progresses, the ATIS IIF architecture
group will be evaluating the protocols defined by the CDNI working
group for inclusion in the CDN interconnect scenarios defined as part
of the Internet Sourced Content and off net Delivery use cases.

A goal of the present document is to illustrate the Internet Sourced
Content and off net Delivery use cases defined in revision 2 of the
ATIS CoD architecture that are relevant to the IETF CDNI work.  It is
hoped that these use cases can also be used to guide requirements for
the development of IETF CDNI protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thompson-cdni-atis-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.