Subject: I-D Action:draft-xu-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Softwire Mesh Multicast
	Author(s)       : M. Xu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-xu-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-03-13

The Internet will need to support IPv4 and IPv6 packets.  Both
address families and their attendent protocol suites support
multicast of the single-source and any-source varieties.  As part of
the transition to IPv6, there will be scenarios where a backbone
network running one IP address family internally (referred to as
internal IP or I-IP) will provide transit services to attached client
networks running another IP address family (referred to as external
IP or E-IP).  It is expected that the I-IP backbone will offer
unicast and multicast transit services to the client E-IP networks.

Softwires Mesh is a solution for supporting E-IP unicast and
multicast across an I-IP backbone.  This document describes the
mechanisms for suppporting Internet-style multicast across a set of
E-IP and I-IP networks supporting softwires mesh.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.