Subject: I-D Action:draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:30:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Route Flap Damping Deployment Status Survey
	Author(s)       : S. Tsuchiya, et al.
	Filename        : draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-14

BGP Route Flap Damping [RFC2439] is a mechanism that targets route
stability.  It penalyzes routes that flap with the aim of reducing
CPU load on the routers.

But it has side-effects.  Thus, in 2006, RIPE recommended not to use
Route Flap Damping (see RIPE-378).

Now, some researchers propose to turn RFD, with less aggressive
parameters, back on [draft-ymbk-rfd-usable].

This document describes results of a survey conducted amoung service
provider on their use of BGP Route Flap Damping.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.