Subject: I-D Action:draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6LoWPAN Roadmap and Implementation Guide
	Author(s)       : C. Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-07

6LoWPAN is defined in RFC 4944 in conjunction with a number of
specifications that are currently nearing completion.  The entirety
of these specifications may be hard to understand, pose specific
implementation problems, or be simply inconsistent.

The present guide aims to provide a roadmap to these documents as
well as provide specific advice how to use these specifications in
combination.  In certain cases, it may provide clarifications or even
corrections to the specifications referenced.

This guide is intended as a continued work-in-progress, i.e. a long-
lived Internet-Draft, to be updated whenever new information becomes
available and new consensus on how to handle issues is formed.
Similar to the ROHC implementation guide, RFC 4815, it might be
published as an RFC at some future time later in the acceptance curve
of the specifications.

This document does not describe a new protocol or attempts to set a
new standard of any kind -- it mostly describes good practice in
using the existing specifications, but it may also document emerging
consensus where a correction needs to be made.

The current version -00 of this document is just an initial draft
that is intended to spark the collection of relevant information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.