Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Overview of Email DNSBL Best Practise
	Author(s)       : C. Lewis, M. Sergeant
	Filename        : draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-03-11

The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
led to the creation of shared DNS-based lists ("DNSBLs") of IP
addresses or domain names intended to help guide email filtering.
This memo summarizes guidelines of accepted best practice for the
management of public DNSBLs by their operators as well as for the
proper use of such lists by mail server administrators (DNSBL users),
and it provides useful background for both parties.  It is not
intended to advise on the utility or efficacy of particular DNSBLs or
the DNSBL concept in general, nor to assist end users with questions
about spam.

Comments and discussion of this document should be addressed to the
[email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.