Subject: I-D Action:draft-kunze-black-link-management-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 06:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A framework for Black Link Management and Control
	Author(s)       : R. Kunze
	Filename        : draft-kunze-black-link-management-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-01

This document provides a framework that describes a solution space
for the control and management of optical interfaces according to the
Black Link approach as specified by ITU-T [ITU.G698.2] and beyond
(friendly wavelength).  In particular, it examines topological
elements and related network management measures.

Optical Routing and Wavelength assignment based on WSON is out of
scope.  This document concentrates on the management of optical
interfaces.  The application of a dynamic control plane, e.g. for
auto-discovery or for the distribtion of interface parameters, is
complementary.  Anyway, this work is not in conflict with WSON but
leverages and supports related work already done for management plane
and control plane.

Furthermore, support for Fast Fault Detection, to e.g. trigger
Protection Switching is provided by the WDM interface capability of
the client interface (e.g.  ITU-T G.709) is out of scope for this
work.  Additionally the wavelength ordering process and the process
how to determine the demand for a new wavelength from A to Z is out
of scope.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-black-link-management-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.