Subject: I-D Action:draft-despres-intarea-6a44-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 01:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Native IPv6 Behind NAT44 CPEs (6a44)
	Author(s)       : R. Despres, et al.
	Filename        : draft-despres-intarea-6a44-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2011-03-07

In customer sites having IPv4-only CPEs, Teredo provides a last
resort IPv6 connectivity [RFC4380] [RFC5991] [RFC6081].  However,
because it is designed to work without involvement of Internet
service providers, it has significant limitations (connectivity
between IPv6 native addresses and Teredo addresses is uncertain;
connectivity between Teredo addresses fails for some combinations of
NAT types). 6a44 is a complementary solution that, being base on ISP
cooperation, avoids these limitations.  At the beginning of IPv6
addresses, it replaces the Teredo well-known prefix by network
specific prefixes assigned by local ISP's (an evolution similar to
that from 6to4 to 6rd).  In hosts, 6a44 can be implemented either
autonomously or as an extension of Teredo.  Except for IANA numbers
that remain to be confirmed, the specification is intended to be
complete enough for running codes to be independently written and the
solution to be incrementally deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-intarea-6a44-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.