Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-smf-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simplified Multicast Forwarding
	Author(s)       : J. Macker, S. Team
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-smf-11.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF defines
techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to be
applied in the forwarding process and includes maintenance and
checking operations for both IPv4 and IPv6 protocol use.  SMF also
specifies mechanisms for applying reduced relay sets to achieve more
efficient multicast data distribution within a mesh topology versus
simple flooding.  The document describes interactions with other
protocols and multiple deployment approaches.  Distributed algorithms
for selecting reduced relay sets and related discussion are provided
in the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to the operation of
multicast MANET border routers are discussed but ongoing work remains
in this area beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.