Subject: I-D Action:draft-sunq-v6ops-ivi-sp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 07:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for Stateless Translation (IVI/dIVI) in Large SP Network
	Author(s)       : Q. Sun, et al.
	Filename        : draft-sunq-v6ops-ivi-sp-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-03-06

With the approaching exhaustion of IPv4 address space, large-scale
SPs are now faced with the only real option to deploy IPv6 in a
timely manner. In order to achieve smooth transition to IPv6,
migration tools should be introduced for different deployment models.
Among different IPv6 transition mechanisms, dIVI is a prefix-specific
and stateless address mapping method which can directly translate
IPv4 packet to IPv6 packet. This document describes the challenges
and requirements for large SP to deploy IPv6 in operational network,
the experimental results of dIVI in our laboratory and the
considerations for dIVI deployment in large SP operational network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sunq-v6ops-ivi-sp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.