Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:15:02 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : IP Fast Re-Route with Fast Notification
    Author(s)     : S. Kini, et al
    Filename      : draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-00.txt
    Pages         : 20
    Date          : 2011-03-10
    
   This document describes a mechanism that provides IP fast reroute
   (IPFRR) by using a failure notification (FN) to nodes beyond the ones
   that first detect the failure (i.e. nodes that are directly connected
   to the failure point). The paths used when IPFRR-FN is active are in
   most cases identical to those used after Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP) convergence. The proposed mechanism can address all single node
   and link failures in an area and has been designed to allow traffic
   recovery traffic to happen quickly (The goal being to recover in
   under 50msec).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.