Subject: I-D Action:draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-block-disk-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : pNFS block disk protection
	Author(s)       : S. Faibish, et al.
	Filename        : draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-block-disk-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-03-07

Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File Sharing version 4 (NFSv4) to
allow client to directly access file data on the storage used by the
NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access can
increase both performance and parallelism, but requires additional
client functionality for data access, some of which is dependent of
the class of storage used.  The published protocol for block layout
file systems describes how clients can recognize the volumes used for
pNFS storage, but only after communicating with the server.  This
document proposes a mechanism by which clients can recognize block
storage devices used by pNFS file systems, without having to
communicate with the server, and therefore allows the clients to
limit access to the devices at client boot time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-block-disk-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.