Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-shared-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 00:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile p2mp Shared Protection
	Author(s)       : G. Liu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-shared-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-03-04

This document will describle two protection solutions to support
protection of failures in p2mp path in MPLS-TP.  According to the
protection Requirements in RFC 5654, there are requirements for
MPLS-TP to support sharing of protection resources such that
protection paths that are known not to be required concurrently can
share the same resources.  In addition, there is a requirement for
MPLS-TP to support unidirectional 1:n protection for p2mp paths.
These requirements are further addressed in
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk . so this draft will present proposed
solutions .

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task
Force(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union
Telecommunications Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include
an MPLS Transport Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures
to support the capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport
network as defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-shared-protection-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.