Subject: I-D Action:draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 16:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Policy Signaling for Multi-access Mobility
	Author(s)       : R. Koodli, K. Chowdhury
	Filename        : draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-03-07

The mobile nodes are increasingly capable of simultaneous multi-radio
connectivity.  This allows them to be attached to the Internet
through multiple access technologies at the same time.  With such
multi-access, the mobile node (MN) can make use of the best-available
access technology for a particular application at any given time.
And, the network may be able to balance the flow of traffic across
the available access technologies.  The Mobile IPv6 flow binding work
provides a mechanism for the MN to signal the Home Agent to balance
the flows based on the MN'e needs.  This document specifies a simple
protocol for a mobile IP gateway (such as a Mobile IP Home Agent or a
Proxy Mobile IP Local Mobility Anchor) to signal the MN of gateway's
policy for traffic treatment across access technologies.  Based on
the response and the prevailing network conditions, the gateway then
balances the traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.