Subject: I-D Action:draft-lynn-dnsext-site-mdns-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Multicast DNS
	Author(s)       : K. Lynn, D. Sturek
	Filename        : draft-lynn-dnsext-site-mdns-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-03-14

Multicast DNS (mDNS) provides the ability to perform DNS-like
operations on the local link in the absence of any conventional
unicast DNS server.  Extended mDNS (xmDNS) extends the specification
of mDNS to site-local scope in order to support multi-hop LANs that
forward multicast packets but do not provide a unicast DNS service.

Like mDNS, xmDNS designates a portion of the DNS namespace to apply
to the site-local network and specifies rules for its use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lynn-dnsext-site-mdns-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.