Subject: I-D Action:draft-garcia-core-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things
	Author(s)       : O. Garcia-Morchon, et al.
	Filename        : draft-garcia-core-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-03-07

A direct interpretation of the Internet of Things concept refers to
the usage of standard Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing
or thing-to-thing communication.  Although the security needs are
well-recognized, it is still not fully clear how existing IP-based
security protocols can be applied to this new setting.  This
Internet-Draft first provides an overview of security architecture,
its deployment model and general security needs in the context of the
lifecycle of a thing.  Then, it presents challenges and requirements
for the successful roll-out of new applications and usage of standard
IP-based security protocols when applied to get a functional Internet
of Things.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-core-security-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.