Subject: I-D Action:draft-chen-long-lived-connection-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 07:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement of Long-lived TCP Connection
	Author(s)       : G. Chen, H. Deng
	Filename        : draft-chen-long-lived-connection-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-03-07

This memo describes issues encountered by a long-lived TCP
connection.  Long-lived TCP connections are served for several
applications, which are quite popularly used in our daily life, such
as chat and messaging(MSN, Skype).  Others are computer-to-computer
communications, which are also demanding at long-lived TCP
connection.  Issues such as network resources consumption happen when
there are frequent keepalive message has been transmitted
periodically.  Moreover, other issues are occurring during long TCP
connection, such as TCP congestion, TCP connection recovery.
Depending on raised issues, protocol optimization could be considered
to optimize network quality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-long-lived-connection-ps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.