Subject: I-D Action:draft-myklebust-nfsv4-unstable-file-creation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:30:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Enabling server side caching of file creation in NFSv4
	Author(s)       : T. Myklebust
	Filename        : draft-myklebust-nfsv4-unstable-file-creation-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document describes an extension to the NFSv4 protocol to allow
clients to create and write files with greater efficiency.

The proposed extension allows the server to defer creating the file
on stable storage when replying to an OPEN call.  The aim is to
improve server efficiency and scalability by reducing the number of
required disk accesses when writing a file from scratch.Keywords

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-myklebust-nfsv4-unstable-file-creation-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.