Subject: I-D Action:draft-liu-ipv6-renum-conflicts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 08:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SLAAC/DHCPv6 conflicts diagnostic during site renumbering
	Author(s)       : B. Liu, S. Jiang
	Filename        : draft-liu-ipv6-renum-conflicts-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-03-07

While an IPv6 site is being renumbered, both DHCPv6 and ND may be
used to reconfigure the host addresses. This may cause potential
address configuration conflicts during renumbering procedure. The
issue mainly include two situations: a) Address configuration method
conflict, which means a host receives a new prefix comes from another
address configuration protocol. b) Address prefix conflict, a host
receives both DHCPv6 and ND address configuration messages which
assign different address prefixes. This documents analyzes the
conflict issues and proposes a conflict report mechanism for hosts to
report the conflicts to DHCPv6 servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-ipv6-renum-conflicts-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.