Subject: I-D Action:draft-brandenburg-avtcore-rtcp-for-idms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 00:30:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : R. Brandenburg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-brandenburg-avtcore-rtcp-for-idms-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-03-07

This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
Block Type including associated SDP parameters for inter-destination
media synchronization (IDMS). The RTCP XR Block Type, registered with
IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media play-
out information from participants in a group playing-out (watching,
listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream. The RTCP packet type
specified by this document is used to distribute a summary of the
collected information so that the participants can synchronize play-
out.

Typical applications for IDMS are social TV, shared service control
(i.e. applications where two or more geographically separated users
are watching a media stream together), distance learning, network
quiz shows, multi-playing online games, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandenburg-avtcore-rtcp-for-idms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.