Subject: I-D Action:draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Support for posix_fadvise
	Author(s)       : D. Hildebrand, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-29

This document proposes a new FADVISE operation for NFSv4.2 to support
the posix_fadvise function.  FADVISE will communicate expected
application behavior to the server, allowing servers to optimize
future I/O requests for a file.  The posix_fadvise function is
supported in Linux and many other operating systems and is starting
be widely used by applications. In addition, the FADVISE operation
can communicate other application directions such as the use of
direct I/O.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.