Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-lineid-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Line Identification Destination Option
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-lineid-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-03-14

In Ethernet based aggregation networks, several subscriber premises
may be logically connected to the same interface of an edge router.
This document proposes a method for the edge router to identify the
subscriber premises using the contents of the received Router
Solicitation messages.  The applicability is limited to broadband
network deployment scenarios where multiple user ports are mapped to
the same virtual interface on the Edge Router.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-lineid-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.