Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An FTP ALG for IPv6-to-IPv4 translation
	Author(s)       : I. van Beijnum
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-03-29

The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) has a very long history, and despite
the fact that today, other options exist to perform file transfers,
FTP is still in common use.  As such, it is important that in the
situation where some client computers only have IPv6 connectivity
while many servers are still IPv4-only and IPv6-to-IPv4 translators
are used to bridge that gap, FTP is made to work through these
translators as best it can.

FTP has an active and a passive mode, both as original commands that
are IPv4-specific, and as extended, IP version agnostic commands.
The only FTP mode that works without changes through an IPv6-to-IPv4
translator is extended passive.  However, many existing FTP servers
do not support this mode, and some clients do not ask for it.  This
document specifies a middlebox that may solve this mismatch.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.