Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender RTT Estimate Option for DCCP
	Author(s)       : G. Renker, G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-03-28

This document specifies an update to the round trip time (RTT)
estimation algorithm used for TFRC (TCP Friendly Rate Control)
congestion control by the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol
(DCCP).  It updates specifications for the CCID-3 and CCID-4
Congestion Control IDs of DCCP.

The update addresses parameter-estimation problems occurring with
TFRC-based DCCP congestion control.  It uses a recommendation made in
the original TFRC specification to avoid the inherent problems of
receiver-based RTT sampling, by utilising higher-accuracy RTT samples
already available at the sender.

It is integrated into the feature set of DCCP as an end-to-end
negotiable extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.