Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:15:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit 
    Author(s)     : P. Muley, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-04.txt
    Pages         : 34
    Date          : 2011-03-14
    
   This document describes a mechanism for standby status signaling of 
   redundant pseudowires (PWs) between their termination points. A set 
   of redundant PWs is configured between provider edge (PE) nodes in 
   single-segment pseudowire (SS-PW) applications, or between 
   terminating provider edge (T-PE) nodes in multi-segment pseudowire 
   (MS-PW) applications.  

   In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use 
   for forwarding PW packets to one another, a new status bit is needed 
   to indicate a preferential forwarding status of Active or Standby for 
   each PW in a redundant set.  

   In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE nodes to 
   coordinate a switchover operation of the PW. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.