Subject: I-D Action:draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:00:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS Fast Reroute using extensions to LDP
	Author(s)       : S. Kini, S. Narayanan
	Filename        : draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-03-07

LDP is widely deployed in MPLS networks to signal LSPs. Since LDP
establishes LSPs along IGP routed paths, its failure recovery is
gated by IGP's re-convergence. Mechanisms such as IPFRR and RSVP-TE
based FRR have been used to provide faster re-route for LDP LSPs.
However these techniques have significant complexity and/or may not
have full coverage. In this document we describe a method to perform
fast re-route of LDP LSPs. The goal is to have recovery
characteristics similar to the methods in [RSVP-TE-FRR] without
depending on additional protocols but at the same time provide full
coverage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.