Subject: I-D Action:draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-method-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 01:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Methodology Network Flow Performance Measurement
	Author(s)       : A. Akhter
	Filename        : draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-method-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-03-07

There is a need to be able to quantify and report the performance of
network applications and the network service in handling user data.
This performance data provides information essential in validating
service level agreements, fault isolation as well as early warnings
of network greater problems.  This document describes a generic
methodology for calculating metrics related to network based
applications.  In addition, to the performance metrics, several
additional information elements are included to help provide greater
context to the reports.  The measurements use audio/video
applications as base examples but are not restricted to these class
of applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-method-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.