Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dane-protocol-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For TLS
	Author(s)       : P. Hoffman, J. Schlyter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-protocol-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-03-12

TLS and DTLS use certificates for authenticating the server.  Users
want their applications to verify that the certificate provided by
the TLS server is in fact associated with the domain name they
expect.  DNSSEC provides a mechanism for a zone operator to sign DNS
information directly.  This way, bindings of keys to domains are
asserted not by external entities, but by the entities that operate
the DNS.  This document describes how to use secure DNS to associate
the TLS server's certificate with the intended domain name.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.