Subject: I-D Action:draft-hellstrom-text-conference-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 01:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Text media handling in RTP based real-time conferences
	Author(s)       : G. Hellstrom, A. Wijk
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-text-conference-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-13

This memo specifies methods for text media handling in multi-party
calls, where the text is carried by the RTP protocol.  Real-time text
is carried in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103.  Centralized
multi-party handling of real-time text is achieved through a media
control unit coordinating multiple RTP text streams into one RTP
session, identifying each stream with its own SSRC.  Identification
for the streams are provided through the RTCP messages.  This
mechanism enables the receiving application to present the received
real-time text medium in different ways according to user
preferences.  Some presentation related features are also described
explaining suitable variations of transmission and presentation of
text.  Call control features are described for the SIP environment,
while the transport mechanisms should be suitable for any IP based
call control environment using RTP transport.  An alternative method
using a single RTP stream and source identification inline in the
text stream is also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-text-conference-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.