Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:45:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Byte and Packet Congestion Notification
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe, J. Manner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-04.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This memo concerns dropping or marking packets using active queue
management (AQM) such as random early detection (RED) or pre-
congestion notification (PCN).  We give three strong recommendations:
(1) packet size should be taken into account when transports read
congestion indications, (2) packet size should not be taken into
account when network equipment creates congestion signals (marking,
dropping), and therefore (3) the byte-mode packet drop variant of the
RED AQM algorithm that drops fewer small packets should not be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.