Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:45:01 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion Exposure Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Congestion Exposure (ConEx) Concepts and Abstract Mechanism

    Author(s)     : M. Mathis, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-00.txt
    Pages         : 15
    Date          : 2011-03-10
    
   This document describes an abstract mechanism by which senders inform
   the network about the congestion encountered by packets earlier in
   the same flow.  Today, the network may signal congestion to the
   receiver by ECN markings or by dropping packets, and the receiver may
   pass this information back to the sender in transport-layer feedback.
   The mechanism to be developed by the ConEx WG will enable the sender
   to also relay this congestion information back into the network in-
   band at the IP layer, such that the total level of congestion is
   visible to all IP devices along the path, from where it could, for
   example, be provided as input to traffic management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.