Subject: I-D Action:draft-begen-mmusic-redundancy-grouping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 18:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Redundancy Grouping Semantics in the Session Description Protocol
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-begen-mmusic-redundancy-grouping-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-05

Packet loss is undesirable for real-time multimedia sessions, but it
is not avoidable due to congestion or other unplanned network
outages.  This is especially the case for IP multicast networks.  One
technique to recover from packet loss without incurring unbounded
delay for all the receivers is to send redundant streams.  This
document defines the semantics for grouping RTP-encapsulated
redundant streams in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The
semantics defined in this document are to be used with the SDP
Grouping Framework [RFC5888].  SSRC-level (Synchronization Source)
grouping semantics are also defined in this document for RTP streams
using SSRC multiplexing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-mmusic-redundancy-grouping-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.