Subject: I-D Action:draft-sun-v6ops-laft6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LAFT6: Lightweight address family transition for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Q. Sun, C. Xie
	Filename        : draft-sun-v6ops-laft6-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-03-14

With the approaching exhaustion of IPv4 address space, large-scale
ISPs are now facing the option to deploy IPv6 in a timely manner.
However, most existing IPv6 transition solutions have tradeoff
between scalability and efficiency. This draft proposes a lightweight
address family transition mechanism named LAFT6. It only needs to
maintain per-subscriber state entries in core network and there is no
specific address format requirement for users' IPv6 address. It is a
lightweight solution in terms of state-management, addressing and
routing. The experimental results have shown that LAFT6 is scalable
and can be rapidly deployed in commercial ISP network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-v6ops-laft6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.