Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:00:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RaptorQ Forward Error Correction Scheme for Object Delivery
	Author(s)       : M. Luby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-05.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2011-03-07

This document describes a Fully-Specified FEC scheme, corresponding
to FEC Encoding ID 6 (to be confirmed (tbc)), for the RaptorQ forward
error correction code and its application to reliable delivery of
data objects.

RaptorQ codes are a new family of codes that provide superior
flexibility, support for larger source block sizes and better coding
efficiency than Raptor codes in RFC5053.  RaptorQ is also a fountain
code, i.e., as many encoding symbols as needed can be generated by
the encoder on-the-fly from the source symbols of a source block of
data.  The decoder is able to recover the source block from any set
of encoding symbols for most cases equal to the number of source
symbols and in rare cases with slightly more than the number of
source symbols.

The RaptorQ code described here is a systematic code, meaning that
all the source symbols are among the encoding symbols that can be
generated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.