Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-maqueda-6lowpan-pgw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:15:02 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Guidelines for the Operation of a 6LoWPAN-ND Proxy Gateway

    Author(s)     : G. Maguire Jr., et al
    Filename      : draft-maqueda-6lowpan-pgw-00.txt
    Pages         : 29
    Date          : 2011-03-07
    
The IETF 6LoWPAN working group has defined a number of optimizations
   to adapt traditional IPv6 Neighbor Discovery for Low-power and Lossy
   Networks (LLNs).  As these two ND protocols are incompatible, and
   Neighbor Discovery has link-local scope, a side effect of these
   optimizations is that communication between Full Function Devices
   (FFDs) and 6LoWPAN nodes (6LNs) becomes impossible within the same
   link, unless the proper proxy mechanisms are applied.  This document
   specifies guidelines for such proxy mechanisms to enable transparent
   communication between FFDs and 6LNs within the same network link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maqueda-6lowpan-pgw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.