Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for Mobile Node to Home Agent Communication
	Author(s)       : J. Korhonen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2011-03-12

RFC 3775 Mobile IPv6 signaling between the mobile node and home agent
is secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile
node and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The
security model specified for Mobile IPv6, which relies on IKE/IPsec,
requires interaction between the Mobile IPv6 protocol part of the IP
stack and the IKE/IPsec part of the IP stack.  The IPsec/IKEv2 based
security architectures makes implementation and deployment of the
protocol infeasible for numerous reasons.  This document updates RFC
3775 and proposes an alternate security framework, which relies on
Transport Layer Security for establishing keying material and other
bootstrapping parameters required to protect Mobile IPv6 signaling
and data traffic between the mobile node and home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.