Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-trill-bfd-encaps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:00:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Rbridges: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) support for TRILL

    Author(s)     : V. Manral, et al
    Filename      : draft-manral-trill-bfd-encaps-01.txt
    Pages         : 10
    Date          : 2011-03-14
    
   This document specifies use of the BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection) protocol in RBridge campuses based on the OAM (Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance) Channel extension to the TRILL
   (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol.

   BFD is a widely deployed OAM mechanism in IP and MPLS networks.
   However, in the present form a BFD packet cannot be sent over a TRILL
   network as it is either IP/ UDP encapsulated or encapsulated directly
   over MPLS or using ACH encapsulation.  This document also defines BFD
   encapsulation over TRILL to address this shortcoming.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-trill-bfd-encaps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.