Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-10.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2011-03-11

A wavelength switched optical network (WSON) requires that certain 
key information elements are made available to facilitate path 
computation and the establishment of label switching paths (LSPs). 
The information model described in "Routing and Wavelength Assignment 
Information for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks" shows what 
information is required at specific points in the WSON. Part of the 
WSON information model contains aspects that may be of general 
applicability to other technologies, while other parts are fairly 
specific to WSONs.  

This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for the 
WSON specific information elements. It is intended that protocol-
specific documents will reference this memo to describe how 
information is carried for specific uses. Such encodings can be used 
to extend GMPLS signaling and routing protocols. In addition these 
encodings could be used by other mechanisms to convey this same 
information to a path computation element (PCE).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.