Subject: I-D Action:draft-patil-mext-dmm-approaches-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Approaches to Distributed mobility management using Mobile IPv6 and its extensions
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, et al.
	Filename        : draft-patil-mext-dmm-approaches-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-07

Mobility solutions at the IP layer have been specified in the IETF
for IPv4 and IPv6.  These solutions include host and network based
mobility.  All of the mobility protocols enable IP session continuity
by providing the mobile host with an IP address or prefix that
remains constant even as the host moves and attaches to different
access networks and points of attachment.  Mobile hosts are anchored
at a gateway via a tunnel and the address/prefix provided to the host
via the gateway remains unchanged across mobility events.  All IP
sessions initiated or terminated at a mobile host are anchored via
the gateway.  There are issues and concerns with such a mobility
model which are discussed in this document.  A mobility model wherein
the mobility functions are distributed is a way of alleviating the
concerns of a gateway centric approach.  This document also considers
ways to alleviate anchored mobility issues with approaches that could
be considered in a deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-dmm-approaches-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.