Subject: I-D Action:draft-peterson-sipcore-advprop-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:30:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Advertisement/Proposal Model of Session Description
	Author(s)       : J. Peterson, C. Jennings
	Filename        : draft-peterson-sipcore-advprop-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-14

In common SIP practice, a two-phase "offer/answer" exchange of
session description documents negotiates preferences, capabilities
and requested sessions.  However, the structure of the session
description greatly confuses the disambiguation of these elements and
thus the clear characterization of sessions.  The current work
proposes an alternative to the offer/answer model which leverages
pre-association between user agents to recast those two phases into a
less ambiguous form: an Advertisement of capabilities and preferences
which occurs in non-real-time before a session is ever requested,
which is followed during session establishment by a unidirectional
and complete Proposal of a session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-sipcore-advprop-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.