Subject: I-D Action:draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:00:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generation of Unique IS-IS System Identifiers
	Author(s)       : W. Simpson
	Filename        : draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-03-29

The IS-IS routing protocol (Intermediate System to Intermediate
System, ISO 10589) requires unique System Identifiers at the link
layer.  A common practice has been to use an existing IEEE 802 MAC
link-layer interface identifier.  When no unique MAC is available,
this document specifies automatic generation of identifiers.  It is
fully interoperable with systems that do not support this extension.

Additionally, the extension automatically resolves conflicts between
System Identifiers.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2011 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors. All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document. Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.

This document may not be modified, and derivative works of it may not
be created, except to format it for publication as an RFC or to
translate it into languages other than English.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.