Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Threat Analysis and Requirements for Cryptographic Authentication of Routing Protocols' Transports
	Author(s)       : G. Lebovitz, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-04-15

Different routing protocols exist and each employs its own mechanism
for securing the protocol packets on the wire.  While most already
have some method for accomplishing cryptographic message
authentication, in many cases the existing methods are dated,
vulnerable to attack, and employ cryptographic algorithms that have
been deprecated.  The "Keying and Authentication for Routing
Protocols" (KARP) effort aims to overhaul and improve these
mechanisms.

This document has two main parts - the first describes the threat
analysis for attacks against routing protocols' transports and the
second enumerates the requirements for addressing the described
threats.  This document, along with the KARP design guide and KARP
framework documents, will be used by KARP design teams for specific
protocol review and overhaul.  This document reflects the input of
both the IETF's Security Area and Routing Area in order to form a
jointly agreed upon guidance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.