Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hartmann-6man-addresspartnaming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:30:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Naming IPv6 address parts

    Author(s)     : S. Lenz, et al
    Filename      : draft-hartmann-6man-addresspartnaming-00.txt
    Pages         : 8
    Date          : 2011-04-08
    
   In the daily communication between technicians, engineers and other
   people who need to deal with computer networks, it is often necessary
   to refer to particular parts of IP addresses. In the world of IPv4,
   the term "octet" is well established, however as the use of IPv6 is
   spreading, it becomes apparent that there is no such commonly
   accepted term for IPv6 addresses.

   Discussing and explaining technical matters become difficult when
   different people use different terms for the same thing. Therefore,
   this document discusses several naming proposal for those 16bit
   pieces of IPv6 addreses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartmann-6man-addresspartnaming-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.