Subject: I-D Action:draft-parikh-bundle-superseding-extension-block-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking Superseding Bundle Extension Block
	Author(s)       : S. Parikh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-parikh-bundle-superseding-extension-block-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-04-15

This document defines an optional Bundle Protocol block called the
Superseding Bundle Extension Block (SBEB) for use with the Bundle
Protocol in the context of the Delay-Tolerant Networking
Architecture.  Applications use this block to call for the removal of
previously sent bundles that are rendered obsolete by more recent
bundles.  Upon receiving a bundle with an SBEB, a node will search
its bundle store (and outbound queues) for bundles that are obsoleted
by other related bundles according to their source and destination
EID, and the SBEB cookie (if present), and may delete some or all of
them.  Discarding obsolete bundles helps conserve storage space and
prevents expending resources in further forwarding bundles that are
no longer relevant.  The bundle protocol already uses expiration
times to remove bundles that are no longer useful to applications.
The SBEB is a way for applications to mark bundles that a node may
delete prior to their expiration times.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-parikh-bundle-superseding-extension-block-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.