Subject: I-D Action:draft-fang-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Use Cases Studies and Design Considerations
	Author(s)       : L. Fang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-fang-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-04-27

This document provides use case studies and network design 
considerations for Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile 
(MPLS-TP).  
 
In the recent years, MPLS-TP has emerged as the technology of choice 
to meet the needs of transport evolution. Many service providers 
(SPs) intend to replace SONET/SDH, TDM, ATM traditional transport 
technologies with MPLS-TP, to achieve higher efficiency, lower 
operational cost, while maintaining transport characteristics.  
 
The use cases for MPLS-TP include Mobile backhaul, Metro Ethernet 
access and aggregation, and packet optical transport. 
 
The design considerations include the following aspects: 1) 
operational considerations; 2) common topologies and feature set; 3) 
compatibility with IP/MPLS networks; 4) Potential issues need to be 
solved.  The end goal is to provide reliable, manageable, and 
scalable transport solutions with lower cost. 

  [page 1] 
 
MPLS-TP Use Cases Studies and Design Considerations
  April 2011

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fang-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.