Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments
	Author(s)       : Y. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-07.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-04-29

As an optical signal progresses along its path it may be altered by
the various physical processes in the optical fibers and devices it
encounters. When such alterations result in signal degradation, these
processes are usually referred to as "impairments". These physical
characteristics may be important constraints to consider when using a
GMPLS control plane to support path setup and maintenance in
wavelength switched optical networks.

This document provides a framework for applying GMPLS protocols and
the PCE architecture to support Impairment Aware Routing and
Wavelength Assignment (IA-RWA) in wavelength switched optical
networks. This document does not define optical data plane aspects;
impairment parameters, measurement of, or assessment and
qualification of a route, but rather it describes the architectural
and information components for protocol solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.