Subject: I-D Action:draft-king-pce-hierarchy-fwk-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 05:30:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Application of the Path Computation Element Architecture to the Determination of a Sequence of Domains in MPLS and GMPLS
	Author(s)       : D. King, et al.
	Filename        : draft-king-pce-hierarchy-fwk-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-04-18

Computing optimum routes for Label Switched Paths (LSPs) across
multiple domains in MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) and GMPLS
networks presents a problem because no single point of path
computation is aware of all of the links and resources in each
domain. A solution may be achieved using the Path Computation
Element (PCE) architecture.

Where the sequence of domains is known a priori, various techniques
can be employed to derive an optimum path. If the domains are
simply-connected, or if the preferred points of interconnection are
also known, the Per-Domain Path Computation technique can be used.
Where there are multiple connections between domains and there is
no preference for the choice of points of interconnection, the
Backward Recursive Path Computation Procedure (BRPC) can be used to
derive an optimal path.

This document examines techniques to establish the optimum path when
the sequence of domains is not known in advance. The document
shows how the PCE architecture can be extended to allow the optimum
sequence of domains to be selected, and the optimum end-to-end path
to be derived through the use of a hierarchical relationship between
domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-king-pce-hierarchy-fwk-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.