Subject: I-D Action:draft-jennings-vipr-vap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 05:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verification Involving PSTN Reachability: The ViPR Access Protocol (VAP)
	Author(s)       : C. Jennings, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jennings-vipr-vap-00.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2011-04-01

Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (ViPR) is a technique for
inter-domain SIP federation.  ViPR hybridizes the PSTN, P2P networks,
and SIP, and in doing so, addresses the phone number routing and VoIP
spam problems that have been a barrier to federation.  The ViPR
architecture uses a server, the ViPR server, which performs P2P and
validation services on behalf of call agents, which acts as clients
to the server.  Such an architecture requires a client/server
protocol between call agents and the ViPR server.  That protocol,
defined here, is called the ViPR Access Protocol (VAP).

Legal

This documents and the information contained therein are provided on
an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION THEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-vipr-vap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.