Subject: I-D Action:draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:15:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : claimSigning Extended Key Usage (EKU)
	Author(s)       : M. King, et al.
	Filename        : draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-04-19

This memo specifies an Extended Key Usage (EKU) X.509 certificate
extension which indicates that the certificate holder is authorized
to sign security tokens to assert claims, or attributes, about a
principal.

When an owner of a certificate that asserts the claimSigning EKU
signs a claim, the owner is asserting that a statement about the
principal is true. For example, a IdP secure token service (STS)
would use an X.509 certificate containing the claimSigning EKU to
sign SAML assertions containing an identifier and attributes about a
user.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.