Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:00:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sip ALerting for User Devices Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Alert-Info URNs for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : L. Liess, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-04-14

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the capability to
provide a reference to a specific rendering to be used by the UA when
the user is alerted.  This is done using the Alert-Info header field.
However, the reference addresses only network resources with specific
rendering properties.  There is currently no support for predefined
standard identifiers for describing the semantics of the alerting
situation or the characteristics of the alerting signal, without
being tied to a particular rendering.  To overcome this limitation
and support new applications, a new family of URNs for use in SIP
Alert-Info header fields is defined in this specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.