Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709-lmp-discovery-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 04:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Link Management Protocol (LMP) extensions for G.709 Optical Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : F. Zhang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709-lmp-discovery-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-04-05

Recent progress of the Optical Transport Network (OTN) has introduced 
new signal types (i.e., ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e and ODUflex) and new 
Tributary Slot granularity (1.25Gbps). 

Zhang

 Expires October 2011

 [page 1] 

draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g.709-lmp-discovery-04.txt

  April 2011 

Since equipments deployed prior to recently defined ITU-T 
recommendations only support 2.5 Gbps Tributary Slot granularity and 
ODU1, ODU2 and ODU3 containers, the compatibility problem should be 
considered. In addition, a Higher Order ODU (HO ODU) link may not 
support all the types of Lower Order ODU (LO ODU) signals defined by 
the new OTN standard because of the limitation of the devices at the 
two ends of a link. In these cases, the control plane is required to 
run the capability discovering functions for the evolutive OTN. 

This document describes the extensions to the Link Management 
Protocol (LMP) needed to discover the capability of HO ODU link, 
including the granularity of Tributary Slot to be used and the LO ODU 
signal types that the link can support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709-lmp-discovery-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.