Subject: I-D Action:draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 10:30:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Probabilistic Routing Protocol for Intermittently Connected Networks
	Author(s)       : A. Lindgren, et al.
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-09.txt
	Pages           : 122
	Date            : 2011-04-03

This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
publication as an RFC were raised.

This document defines PRoPHET, a Probabilistic Routing Protocol using
History of Encounters and Transitivity.  PRoPHET is a variant of the
epidemic routing protocol for intermittently connected networks that
operates by pruning the epidemic distribution tree to minimize
resource usage while still attempting to achieve the best case
routing capabilities of epidemic routing.  It is intended for use in
sparse mesh networks where there is no guarantee that a fully
connected path between source and destination exists at any time,
rendering traditional routing protocols unable to deliver messages
between hosts.  These networks are examples of networks where there
is a disparity between the latency requirements of applications and
the capabilities of the underlying network (networks often referred
to as Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant).  The document presents an
architectural overview followed by the protocol specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.