Subject: I-D Action:draft-vandesompel-memento-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:30:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP framework for time-based access to resource states -- Memento
	Author(s)       : H. Van de Sompel, et al.
	Filename        : draft-vandesompel-memento-01.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2011-04-28

The HTTP-based Memento framework bridges the present and past Web by
interlinking current resources with resources that encapsulate their
past.  It facilitates obtaining representations of prior states of a
resource, available from archival resources in Web archives or
version resources in content management systems, by leveraging the
resource's URI and a preferred datetime.  To this end, the framework
introduces datetime negotiation (a variation on content negotiation),
and new Relation Types for the HTTP Link header aimed at interlinking
resources with their archival/version resources.  It also introduces
various discovery mechanisms that further support briding the present
and past Web.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandesompel-memento-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.