Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:15:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : The With-MAC key-wrapping algorithm for Cryptographic Message Syntax
    Author(s)     : R. Khazan, et al
    Filename      : draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-00.txt
    Pages         : 17
    Date          : 2011-04-14
    
This document describes a new key-wrapping algorithm to be used in
   the EnvelopedData, AuthenticatedData and AuthEnvelopedData structures
   of the Cryptographic Message Syntax.  Because these structures do not
   provide data-origin authentication, a recipient cannot
   cryptographically verify that the plaintext received was the
   plaintext encapsulated by the message's original sender.  The With-
   MAC key-wrapping algorithm allows an EncryptedKey value to hold both
   a wrapped symmetric key and a MAC value on the data to be
   authenticated.  When used in EnvelopedData, AuthenticatedData and
   AuthEnvelopedData structures, therefore, these structures can achieve
   data-origin authentication (in some circumstances) using only
   symmetric-key algorithms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.