Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 05:45:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE)
	Author(s)       : R. Barnes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-04-22

Many current applications use the certificate-based authentication
features in TLS to allow clients to verify that a connected server
properly represents a desired domain name.  Traditionally, this
authentication has been based on PKIX trust hierarchies, rooted in
well-known CAs, but additional information can be provided via the
DNS itself.  This document describes a set of use cases in which the
DNS and DNSSEC could be used to make assertions that support the TLS
authentication process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.