Subject: I-D Action:draft-petithuguenin-vipr-sip-antispam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 05:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extensions for Blocking VoIP Spam Using PSTN Validation
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-petithuguenin-vipr-sip-antispam-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-04-01

Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (ViPR) is a new technique
for inter-domain federation of SIP calls.  ViPR makes use of the PSTN
as an introduction mechanism to verify the correctness of mappings
from phone numbers to domains.  The PSTN introduction mechanism can
also be used as a technique for blocking spam - a SIP caller is only
authorized when its calling domain has previously called that same
number over the PSTN.  This document describes an extension to SIP
which enables authorization of SIP calls based on a prior PSTN
introduction.

Legal

This documents and the information contained therein are provided on
an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION THEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-vipr-sip-antispam-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.