Subject: I-D Action:draft-bhatia-mpls-rsvp-te-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for Bi-directional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
	Author(s)       : M. Bhatia
	Filename        : draft-bhatia-mpls-rsvp-te-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-04-15

There are several applications that require symmetric Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) path between two points.  This cannot be
achieved with regular MPLS as the LSPs are unidirectional.  If
symmetry is required, a separate LSP in each direction is required
for bidirectional traffic flow.  Generalized MPLS on the other hand,
has provisions for setting up a bidirectional LSP.  This document
uses the extensions introduced for GMPLS and applies it to regular
MPLS for establishing bidirectional LSPs.  Additionally, it also
describes how bi-directional symmetrical Fast Reroute using both one-
to-one and facility backup can be achieved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-mpls-rsvp-te-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.