Subject: I-D Action:draft-simpson-tcpct-api-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TCP Cookie Transactions (TCPCT) Sockets Application Program Interface (API)
	Author(s)       : W. Simpson
	Filename        : draft-simpson-tcpct-api-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-04-07

TCP Cookie Transactions (TCPCT) [RFC6013] deter spoofing of

  |
connections and prevent resource exhaustion, eliminating Responder
(server) state during the initial handshake.  The Initiator (client)
has sole responsibility for ensuring required delays between
connections.  The cookie exchange may carry data, limited to inhibit
amplification and reflection denial of service attacks.

This document provides a sockets Application Program Interface (API)
to support "basic" and "advanced" TCPCT applications.  TCP/IP
applications written using the sockets API have enjoyed a high degree
of portability.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2011 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors. All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document. Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.

This document may not be modified, and derivative works of it may not
be created, except to format it for publication as an RFC or to
translate it into languages other than English.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-simpson-tcpct-api-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.