Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-trill-adj-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RBridges: Adjacency
	Author(s)       : D. Eastlake 3rd, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-adj-07.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2011-04-29

The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
protocol provides optimal pair-wise data forwarding without
configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary
loops, and support for multipathing of both unicast and multicast
traffic. TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System
to Intermediate System) link state routing and by encapsulating
traffic using a header that includes a hop count. Devices that
implement TRILL are called RBridges.

TRILL supports multi-access LAN (Local Area Network) links that can
have multiple end stations and RBridges attached. This document
describes four aspects of the TRILL LAN Hello protocol used on such
links, particularly adjacency, designated RBridge selection, and MTU
(Maximum Transmission Unit) and pseudonode procedures, with state
machines. There is no change for IS-IS point-to-point Hellos used on
links configured as point-to-point in TRILL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-adj-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.