Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 12:53:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery Optimization for Low Power and Lossy Networks (6LoWPAN)
	Author(s)       : Zach Shelby
                          Samita Chakrabarti
                          Erik Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-16.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2011-05-24

   The IETF 6LoWPAN working group defines IPv6 over Low-power Wireless
   Personal Area Networks such as IEEE 802.15.4.  This and other similar
   link technologies have limited or no usage of multicast signaling due
   to energy conservation.  In addition, the wireless network may not
   strictly follow traditional concept of IP subnets and IP links.  IPv6
   Neighbor Discovery was not designed for non-transitive wireless
   links.  The traditional IPv6 link concept and heavy use of multicast
   make the protocol inefficient and sometimes impractical in a low
   power and lossy network.  This document describes simple
   optimizations to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, addressing mechanisms and
   duplicate address detection for 6LoWPAN and similar networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-16.txt