Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsecha-protocol-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 02:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol Support for High Availability of IKEv2/IPsec
	Author(s)       : R. Jenwar, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsecha-protocol-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2011-05-06

The IPsec protocol suite is widely used for business-critical network
traffic.  In order to make IPsec deployments highly available, more
scalable and failure-resistant, they are often implemented as IPsec
High Availability (HA) clusters.  However there are many issues in
IPsec HA clustering, and in particular in IKEv2 clustering.  An
earlier document, "IPsec Cluster Problem Statement", enumerates the
issues encountered in the IKEv2/IPsec HA cluster environment.  This
document resolves these issues with the least possible change to the
protocol.

This document defines an extension to the IKEv2 protocol to solve the
main issues of "IPsec Cluster Problem Statement" in the commonly
deployed hot-standby cluster, and provides implementation advice for
other issues.  The main issues solved are the synchronization of
IKEv2 Message ID counters, and of IPsec Replay Counters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsecha-protocol-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.