Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-ironmike-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:34:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IRON and MOBIKE
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-ironmike-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-05-16

   The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) is a new routing and
   addressing architecture based on encapsulation of inner network layer
   packets within outer network layer headers using a non-broadcast,
   multiple access (NBMA) virtual interface model.  The IKEv2 Mobility
   and Multihoming Protocol (MOBIKE) allows a Virtual Private Network
   (VPN) client to keep a connection to a VPN gateway active across
   multiple network points of attachment or while moving from one
   network point of attachment to another.  This document examines the
   similarities between IRON and MOBIKE, and observes that they are
   addressing the same fundamental networking objectives.  It further
   proposes ways in which the basic MOBIKE model could be extended
   through adoption of IRON architectural constructs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ironmike-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ironmike-01.txt