Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cho-pwe3-mpls-tp-mixed-ms-pw-setup-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 09:15:03 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Stitching Dynamically and Statically Provisioned Segments To Construct End-To-End Multi-Segment Pseudowires
    Author(s)     : H. Cho, et al
    Filename      : draft-cho-pwe3-mpls-tp-mixed-ms-pw-setup-00.txt
    Pages         : 11
    Date          : 2011-04-25
    
   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) transport paths can be
   statically provisioned via a Network Management System (NMS) or
   dynamically provisioned via a control plane. The transport paths
   provided by MPLS-TP are used as a server layer for pseudowires
   carrying client signals other than IP or MPLS. It may be necessary
   to support MPLS-TP pseudowires, to extend across multiple domains.

   This document outlines the requirements and solution for
   coordinating MPLS-TP transport paths and a multi-segment PWs that
   will traverse multiple domains, where some domains are statically
   provisioned, and other domains that are dynamically provisioned.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
   (PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
   of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cho-pwe3-mpls-tp-mixed-ms-pw-setup-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.