Subject: I-D Action: draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 06:20:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secure Password Framework for IKEv2
	Author(s)       : Tero Kivinen
	Filename        : draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-05-12

   The IPsecME working group was chartered to provide IKEv2 a symmetric
   secure password authentication protocol that supports using of low-
   entropy shared secrets, but which is protected against off-line
   dictionary attacks without requiring the use of certificates of EAP.
   There are multiple of such methods and working group was supposed to
   pick one.  Unfortunately the working group failed to get pick one
   protocol and there are multiple candidates going forward as separate
   documents.  As each of those documents uses different method to
   negotiate the use of the method and also uses different payload
   formats it is very hard to try to make implementation where multiple
   of those systems could co-exists.

   This document tries to create generic way for those methods to
   negotiate which one is used and provides one new payload which can be
   used to transmit method specific data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-secure-password-framework-00.txt