Subject: I-D Action: draft-yusef-splices-invoke-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 06:03:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INVOKE Method
	Author(s)       : Rifaat Shekh-Yusef
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Alan Johnston
                          Francois Audet
	Filename        : draft-yusef-splices-invoke-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-05-17

   This document defines the INVOKE method, which describes a mechanism
   by which a UA can invoke a well-defined action on a remote UA.  These
   actions are represented by well-defined URNs that must be registered
   with IANA.  It also provides a mechanism that allows the INVOKE
   issuer to be notified of the outcome of the invoked action.
   Furthermore, It allows the INVOKE issuer to keep the dialog
   established with the INVOKE recipient open, to allow both sides to
   exchange application specific information.

   This document also defines the &#39;invoke&#39; event package and the Action,
   Subscribe-Type and Action-Progress request headers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yusef-splices-invoke-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yusef-splices-invoke-00.txt