Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brigm-deterministicrp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:15:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Deterministic RP (D-RP) Specification
    Author(s)     : C. Schlise, et al
    Filename      : draft-brigm-deterministicrp-00.txt
    Pages         : 10
    Date          : 2011-05-20
    
This document specifies the Deterministic Rendezvous Point (D-RP)
mechanism for Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) Sparse Mode (SM)
networks. It intends to provide a simple and robust RP service.
The mechanism is deterministic since it elects the highest priority
candidate to be the D-RP from those available for each IP address family.
If a D-RP fails, the election process begins again using the remaining C-RPs
for the IP address family. If no candidates are availabe, the network will
transition to PIM Dense Mode (DM) routing for that IP address family. 
In the future if C-RPs emerge for the address family, the network will
elect a new D-RP and return to operations with PIM SM routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brigm-deterministicrp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.