Subject: I-D Action:draft-operators-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 08:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Motivations for Stateless IPv4 over IPv6 Migration Solutions
	Author(s)       : M. Boucadair, et al.
	Filename        : draft-operators-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-05-05

IPv4 service continuity is one of the most sensitive problems that
must be resolved by Service Providers during the IPv6 transition
period - especially after the exhaustion of the public IPv4 address
space.  Current standardization effort that addresses IPv4 service
continuity focuses on stateful mechanisms.  This document elaborates
on the motivations for the need to undertake a companion effort to
specify stateless IPv4 over IPv6 approaches.  This document does not
claim that only stateless solutions are required but rather
acknowledges both stateless and stateful solutions are needed.  The
selection of the appropriate solution(s) to be deployed depends on
each Service Provider's context and decision-making process.  It
should take into account both technical and economical
considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-operators-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.