Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 01:45:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter S-NAPTR Usage
	Author(s)       : M. Jones, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-05-09

The Diameter base protocol specifies mechanisms whereby a given realm
may advertise Diameter nodes and the supported transport protocol.
However, these mechanisms do not reveal the Diameter applications
that each node supports.  A peer outside the realm would have to
perform a Diameter capability exchange with every node until it
discovers one that supports the required application.  This document
updates [RFC3588] and describes an improvement using an extended
format for the Straightforward-Naming Authority Pointer (S-NAPTR)
Application Service Tag that allows for discovery of the supported
applications without doing Diameter capability exchange beforehand.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.