Subject: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:03:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Browser Hints
	Author(s)       : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-05-26

   Over time, Web browsers have adapted how they use HTTP based upon
   common server configurations and behaviours.  While this is necessary
   in the common case, it can be detrimental for performance and
   interoperability.

   This document establishes a mechanism whereby origin servers can make
   available hints for browsers about their preferences and
   capabilities, without imposing overhead on their interactions or
   requiring support for them.

   This is intended to allow browsers to safely optimise connections to
   servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-01.txt