Subject: I-D Action: draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 03:21:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Logging of NAT Events
	Author(s)       : Senthil Sivakumar
	Filename        : draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-05-11

   Carrier grade NAT (CGN) devices are required to log events like
   creation and deletion of translations and information about the
   resources it is managing.  The logs are required in many cases to
   identify an attacker or a host that was used to launch malicious
   attacks and/or for various other purposes of accounting.  Since there
   is no standard way of logging this information, different NAT devices
   behave differently and hence it is difficult to expect a consistent
   behavior.  The lack of a consistent way makes it difficult to write
   the collector applications that would receive this data and process
   it to present useful information.  This document describes the
   information that is required to be logged by the NAT devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-logging-01.txt