Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 02:31:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Monitoring Architectures for RTP
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-05-05

   This memo proposes an architecture for extending RTCP with a new RTCP
   XR (RFC3611) block type to report new metrics regarding media
   transmission or reception quality, as proposed in RFC5968.  This memo
   suggests that a new block should contain a single metric or a small
   number of metrics relevant to a single parameter of interest or
   concern, rather than containing a number of metrics which attempt to
   provide full coverage of all those parameters of concern to a
   specific application.  Applications may then &quot;mix and match&quot; to
   create a set of blocks which covers their set of concerns.  Where
   possible, a specific block should be designed to be re-usable across
   more than one application, for example, for all of voice, streaming
   audio and video.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01.txt