Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 13:41:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard (RA-Guard) Evasion
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
                          UK CPNI
	Filename        : draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-05-31

   The IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard (RA-Guard) mechanism is commonly
   employed to mitigate attack vectors based on forged ICMPv6 Router
   Advertisement messages.  Many existing IPv6 deployments rely on RA-
   Guard as the first line of defense against the aforementioned attack
   vectors.  This document describes possible ways in which current RA-
   Guard implementations can be circumvented, and discusses possible
   mitigations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-v6ops-ra-guard-evasion-00.txt