Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RBridges: Appointed Forwarders
	Author(s)       : R. Perlman, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-05-19

The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary
loops, and support for multipathing of both unicast and multicast
traffic. TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System
to Intermediate System) link state routing and by encapsulating
traffic using a header that includes a hop count. Devices that
implement TRILL are called RBridges.

TRILL supports multi-access LAN (Local Area Network) links that can
have multiple end stations and RBridges attached. Where multiple
RBridges are attached to a link, native traffic to and from end
stations on that link is handled by a subset of those RBridges called
Appointed Forwarders, with the intent that native traffic in each
VLAN (Virtual LAN) be handled by at most one RBridge.  The purpose of
this document is to improve the documentation of the Appointed
Forwarder mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.