Subject: I-D Action: draft-yunli-atcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:14:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Enhanced Congestion Control for TCP in Opportunistic Networks
	Author(s)       : Yun Li
                          Qieli Liu
	Filename        : draft-yunli-atcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-05-31

       Opportunistic networks have attracted attention due to their inherent
       characteristics, such as long latency, low data rate, and
       intermittent connectivity. Extensive research has been conducted on
       opportunistic networks, including the architecture, and routing.
       However, few in the literature report the performance of TCP in
       opportunistic networks, especially in the case of Epidemic Routing.
       This document investigates the performance of TCP [1] in
       opportunistic networks with Epidemic Routing. Our results show that
       the Epidemic Routing in opportunistic networks degrades the
       performance of TCP because multicopy data packets cause duplicate
       ACKs, and in turn reduce the transmission rate of TCP. An enhanced
       congestion control for TCP, named A-TCP/Reno is proposed. A-TCP/Reno
       avoids the duplicate ACK problem caused by Epidemic Routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yunli-atcp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yunli-atcp-00.txt