Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-softwire-4v6-motivation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 19:36:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Motivation Analysis for 4via6 Stateless Solutions
	Author(s)       : Gang Chen
                          Hui Deng
	Filename        : draft-chen-softwire-4v6-motivation-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-05-12

   The growth of Internet obliged to accelerate IPv6 deployment.  IPv6-
   only network likely become prevalent due to low costs and higher
   efficiency for operators to employ.  Meanwhile, a significant part of
   network will still stay in IPv4 for long time.  Regarding IPv4
   depletion, address sharing mode should be deployed in small segmented
   IPv4 networks.  Operators expect 4via6 solution with low capital and
   operational expense by balancing tradeoff between simple core network
   and edge-distributed management.  This memo discusses several
   motivations, and it recommends the 4via6 stateless solution should be
   specified for deployment models in the guideline document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-softwire-4v6-motivation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-softwire-4v6-motivation-00.txt