Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 11:15:03 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : The NewReno Modification to TCP's Fast Recovery Algorithm
    Author(s)     : T. Henderson, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-02.txt
    Pages         : 16
    Date          : 2011-04-20
    
   RFC 5681 documents the following four intertwined TCP
   congestion control algorithms: slow start, congestion avoidance, fast
   retransmit, and fast recovery.  RFC 5681 explicitly allows
   certain modifications of these algorithms, including modifications
   that use the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) option (RFC 2883),
   and modifications that respond to "partial acknowledgments" (ACKs
   which cover new data, but not all the data outstanding when loss was
   detected) in the absence of SACK.  This document describes a specific
   algorithm for responding to partial acknowledgments, referred to as
   NewReno.  This response to partial acknowledgments was first proposed
   by Janey Hoe.  This document obsoletes RFC 3782.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.