Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 18:36:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Overview of Email DNSBL Best Practise
	Author(s)       : Chris Lewis
                          Matt Sergeant
	Filename        : draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-05-04

   The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
   led to the creation of shared DNS-based lists (&quot;DNSBLs&quot;) of IP
   addresses or domain names intended to help guide email filtering.
   This memo summarizes guidelines of accepted best practise for the
   management of public DNSBLs by their operators as well as for the
   proper use of such lists by mail server administrators (DNSBL users),
   and it provides useful background for both parties.  It is not
   intended to advise on the utility or efficacy of particular DNSBLs or
   the DNSBL concept in general, nor to assist end users with questions
   about spam.

   This document is a product of the Anti-Spam Research Group and
   represents the consensus of that group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09.txt