Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-wlan-applicability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 09:30:04 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Applicability of Proxy Mobile IPv6 Protocol for WLAN Access Networks
    Author(s)     : S. Gundavelli
    Filename      : draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-wlan-applicability-01.txt
    Pages         : 14
    Date          : 2011-04-22
    
   Proxy Mobile IPv6 is a network-based mobility management protocol.
   The protocol is designed for providing mobility management support to
   a mobile node, without requiring its participation in any IP mobility
   related signaling.  The base protocol is defined in an access
   technology independent manner, it identifies the general requirements
   from the link-layer for supporting the protocol operation.  However,
   it does not provide any specific details on how it can be supported
   on a specific access technology.  This specification identifies the
   key considerations for supporting Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol on the
   widely deployed wireless LAN access architectures, based on IEEE
   802.11 standards.  It explores the current dominant wireless LAN
   deployment models and provides the needed interworking details.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-wlan-applicability-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.