Subject: I-D Action: draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:11:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : claimSigning Extended Key Usage (EKU)
	Author(s)       : Matt King
                          Matt Tebo
                          Wendy Brown
                          Dave Silver
                          Chris Louden
                          Patrick Patterson
	Filename        : draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-05-25

   This memo specifies an Extended Key Usage (EKU) X.509 certificate
   extension which indicates that the certificate holder is authorized
   to sign security tokens to assert claims, or attributes, about a
   principal.

   When an owner of a certificate that asserts the claimSigning EKU
   signs a claim, the owner is asserting that a statement about the
   principal is true. For example, a IdP secure token service (STS)
   would use an X.509 certificate containing the claimSigning EKU to
   sign SAML assertions containing an identifier and attributes about a
   user. This additional EKU value would further allow the
   differentiation of certificates used to identify a particular server
   from those used by the server to sign identity or attribute claims.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-king-pkix-claimsigning-extn-01.txt