Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-dlep-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 09:00:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
    Author(s)     : S. Ratliff, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-01.txt
    Pages         : 54
    Date          : 2011-05-02
    
   When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
   forwarding decisions. In mobile or other environments where these
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
   allow the router to make the best decisions. A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is
   necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.