Subject: I-D Action: draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 22:55:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IANA Procedures for Maintaining the Timezone Database
	Author(s)       : Eliot Lear
                          Paul Eggert
	Filename        : draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-05-18

   Timezone information serves as a basic protocol element in protocols,
   such as the calendaring suite and DHCP.  The Timezone (TZ) Database
   specifies the indices used in various protocols, as well as their
   semantic meanings, for all localities throughout the world.  This
   database has been meticulously maintained and distributed free of
   charge by a group of volunteers, coordinated by a single volunteer
   who is now planning to retire.  This memo specifies IANA procedures
   involved with maintenance of the TZ database and associated code,
   including how to submit proposed updates, how decisions for inclusion
   of those updates are made, and the selection of a designated expert
   BY AND FOR the timezone community.  The intent of this memo is, to
   the extent possible, document existing practice and provide a means
   to ease succession.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04.txt