Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 22:49:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RaptorQ Forward Error Correction Scheme for Object Delivery
	Author(s)       : Michael Luby
                          Amin Shokrollahi
                          Mark Watson
                          Thomas Stockhammer
                          Lorenz Minder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-06.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2011-05-05

   This document describes a Fully-Specified FEC scheme, corresponding
   to FEC Encoding ID 6 (to be confirmed (tbc)), for the RaptorQ forward
   error correction code and its application to reliable delivery of
   data objects.

   RaptorQ codes are a new family of codes that provide superior
   flexibility, support for larger source block sizes and better coding
   efficiency than Raptor codes in RFC5053.  RaptorQ is also a fountain
   code, i.e., as many encoding symbols as needed can be generated by
   the encoder on-the-fly from the source symbols of a source block of
   data.  The decoder is able to recover the source block from any set
   of encoding symbols for most cases equal to the number of source
   symbols and in rare cases with slightly more than the number of
   source symbols.

   The RaptorQ code described here is a systematic code, meaning that
   all the source symbols are among the encoding symbols that can be
   generated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptorq-06.txt