Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-frejborg-hipv4-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 09:30:03 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Hierarchical IPv4 Framework
    Author(s)     : P. Frejborg
    Filename      : draft-frejborg-hipv4-14.txt
    Pages         : 66
    Date          : 2011-04-19
    
   This document describes a framework for how the current IPv4 address
   space can be divided into two new address categories: a core address
   space (Area Locators, ALOC) that is globally unique, and an edge
   address space (Endpoint Locators, ELOC) that is regionally unique. In
   the future the ELOC space will only be significant in a private
   network or in a service provider domain. Therefore, a 32x32 bit
   addressing scheme and a hierarchical routing architecture are
   achieved. The hierarchical IPv4 framework is backwards compatible
   with the current IPv4 Internet.

   This document also discusses a method for decoupling the location and
   identifier functions - future applications can make use of the
   separation. The framework requires extensions to the existing Domain
   Name System, the existing IPv4 stack of the endpoints, middleboxes,
   and to routers in the Internet. The framework can be implemented
   incrementally for endpoints, DNS, middleboxes, and routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frejborg-hipv4-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.