Subject: I-D Action:draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:45:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPsec anti-replay algorithm without bit-shifting
	Author(s)       : X. Zhang, T. Tsou (Ting ZOU)
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-05-10

This document presents a new method to do anti-replay check and 
update, which becomes one alternative to the anti-replay 
algorithm in RFC 4302 and RFC4303.  The new method will deem the 
bit-shifting unnecessary.  It will reduce the number of times 
to slide the window.  In addition, it makes bit-check and 
bit-update easier as it does not depend on the low index of the 
sliding window.  It is especially beneficial when the window size 
is much bigger than 64 bits, for example, 1024 bits.

IPsec employs one anti-replay sliding window protocol to secure 
against an adversary that can insert the messages inside the 
network tunnel.  This method still inherits the sliding window 
protocol, but use one or more redundant bytes to ease the update 
of sliding window.  The bit-shifting is deemed unnecessary with 
updating the high and low index of the window, which is especially 
efficient in case of the big window size.  Thus the method reduces
the number of times to update the window.  

In addition, the bit location is fixed for one sequence number, 
thus makes the bit check easier and faster.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.