Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-iron-pm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:46:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Provider-Managed IRON
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-iron-pm-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-05-23

   The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) is a new internetworking
   architecture based on encapsulation of inner network layer packets
   within outer network layer headers using a non-broadcast, multiple
   access (NBMA) virtual interface model.  IRON suggests a third-party
   global deployment of servers and relays to achieve a Provider-
   Independent (PI) routing and addressing framework, but there may be
   instances in which an Internet Service Provider (ISP) wishes to
   manage its own IRON deployment.  This document presents a Provider-
   Managed IRON framework that offers a fast path alternative for
   deployment of a long term solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-iron-pm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-iron-pm-01.txt