Subject: I-D Action: draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 06:18:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generation of Unique IS-IS System Identifiers
	Author(s)       : William Allen Simpson
	Filename        : draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-05-18

   The IS-IS routing protocol (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System, ISO 10589) requires unique System Identifiers at the link
   layer.  A common practice has been to use an existing IEEE 802 MAC
   link-layer interface identifier.  When no unique MAC is available,
   this document specifies automatic generation of identifiers.  It is
   fully interoperable with systems that do not support this extension.

   Additionally, the extension automatically resolves conflicts between
   System Identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-simpson-isis-ppp-unique-01.txt