Subject: I-D Action:draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 07:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Record of Discussions of Graceful Restart Extensions for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
	Author(s)       : P. A
	Filename        : draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-11.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-05-06

This document is a historical record of discussions about extending
the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) protocol to provide
additional capabilities to handle Graceful Restart.

These discussions took place in the context of the IETF's BFD working
group, and the consensus in that group was that these extensions
should not be made.

This document presents a summary of the challenges to BFD in
surviving a graceful restart, and outlines a potential protocol
solution that was discussed and rejected within the BFD working
group.  The purpose of this document is to provide a record of the
work done so that future effort will not be wasted.  This document
does not propose or document any extensions to BFD, and there is no
intention that it should be implemented in its current form.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.