Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 13:15:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Yet Another Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Message Submission for Mail
	Author(s)       : R. Gellens, J. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-05-06

This memo splits message submission from message relay, allowing each
service to operate according to its own rules (for security, policy,
etc.), and specifies what actions are to be taken by a submission
server.

Message relay is unaffected, and continues to use SMTP [SMTP-MTA]
over port 25.

When conforming to this document, message submission uses the
protocol specified here, normally over port 587.

This separation of function offers a number of benefits, including
the ability to apply specific security or policy requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.