Subject: I-D Action:draft-cohn-mpls-tp-pw-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 04:45:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Linear Protection Applicability to MS-PW
	Author(s)       : D. Cohn
	Filename        : draft-cohn-mpls-tp-pw-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-05-16

One of the requirements of the MPLS transport profile [RFC 5654] is
to provide linear protection for transport paths, which include both
LSPs and PWs. The functional architecture described in [SurvivFwk]
is applicable to both LSP and PWs, however [LinearProt] does not
explicitly describe mechanisms for PW protection in MPLS-TP.

This document extends the applicability of the linear protection
mechanism described in [LinearProt] to MPLS-TP segmented PWs 
(MS-PWs) as defined in [RFC 6073].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cohn-mpls-tp-pw-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.