Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 05:03:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Manifests for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : Rob Austein
                          Geoff Huston
                          Stephen Kent
                          Matt Lepinski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-12.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-05-31

   This document defines a &quot;manifest&quot; for use in the Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI).  A manifest is a signed object (file) that
   contains a listing of all the signed objects (files) in the
   repository publication point (directory) associated with an authority
   responsible for publishing in the repository.  For each certificate,
   Certificate Revocation List (CRL), or other type of signed objects
   issued by the authority, that are published at this repository
   publication point, the manifest contains both the name of the file
   containing the object, and a hash of the file content.  Manifests are
   intended to enable a relying party (RP) to detect certain forms of
   attacks against a repository.  Specifically, if an RP checks a
   manifest&#39;s contents against the signed objects retrieved from a
   repository publication point, then the RP can detect &quot;stale&quot; (valid)
   data and deletion of signed objects.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-12.txt