Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 11:30:03 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Protocol Extension Requirement for Cooperation between PCE and Distributed Routing Controller in GMPLS Networks
    Author(s)     : Y. Zhao, et al
    Filename      : draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-02.txt
    Pages         : 14
    Date          : 2011-04-20
    
   Path Computation Element (PCE) is proposed for path computation in
   multi-layer and multi-domain networks where PCE can be implemented in
   centralized method or distributed method.  In the former case, PCE
   can serve tens or hundreds of nodes simultaneously, while in the
   later case, each node is equipped with a PCE, which can be regarded
   as a distributed routing controller (DRC) in GMPLS networks providing
   similar path computation capability.  PCE and DRC have different
   advantages in path computation respectively.  PCE is suitable for
   cross-layer and cross-domain path computation, especially in multi-
   constraints environment.  But distributed routing controller is good
   at path computation in parallel and distributed network control in
   local domain.  A cooperative path computation architecture named Dual
   Routing Engine (DRE) is necessary in the future networks, for it
   based on the two path computation engines and can take the advantages
   of both centralized and distributed method.  The corresponding PCE
   communication protocol extension and other protocol requirements for
   cooperation between PCE and distributed routing controller are listed
   in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.