Subject: I-D Action:draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:00:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridges: Support of IEEE 802.1Qbb, 802.1Qaz, and 802.1Qau
	Author(s)       : D. Eastlake 3rd, et al.
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-05-18

IEEE 802.1 is developing standards as part of its Data Center
Bridging (DCB) activity that amend the IEEE 802.1Q standard. These
include 802.1Qau, 802.1Qaz, and 802.1Qbb. The intent of these three
standards is (1) to efficiently minimize data loss due to queue
overflow for selected classes of traffic within Local Area Networks
(LANs) meeting certain conditions and (2) to provide means to
allocate the available bandwidth on links to different classes of
traffic.

IEEE 802.1 is specifying theses standards and the behavior needed to
support them in bridges and end stations. This document briefly
explains the standards and discusses the support of these standards
in RBridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.