Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-appsawg-vdi-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:45:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Problem Statement
    Author(s)     : S. Ma, et al
    Filename      : draft-wang-appsawg-vdi-problem-statement-00.txt
    Pages         : 15
    Date          : 2011-05-16
    
   The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure is a technology to separate local
   desktop and remote computing/storage resources, which was initially
   derived from the remote desktop administration but with new business
   models and very different use cases.  Most of existing VDI systems
   are based on proprietary implementation, and positioning different
   market with different features.  Since virtual desktop technology is
   believed to be a mainstream application delivery method, like http
   protocol against web applications, so it's important to make the
   virtual desktop access protocol open and standard.  This draft
   summarizes the limitations of existing virtual desktop systems, and
   proposes the intent standardization work in IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-appsawg-vdi-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.