Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:40:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Peer-to-peer simulation frameworks: a survey
	Author(s)       : Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Anirban Basu
                          Thomas Schmidt
                          Simon Fleming
                          Mario Kolberg
                          Matthias Waehlisch
	Filename        : draft-irtf-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-06-28

   Peer-to-peer (p2p) protocols, like all distributed protocols, are
   complex, and therefore harder to debug and study in the wild.  This
   is more true of existing p2p protocols, where changing the behaviour
   of the protocol --- however minor the change may be --- may result in
   unknown manifestations on the dynamics of the swarm using that
   protocol.  In lieu of the unintended consequences of perturbing a
   live swarm, researchers have resorted to simulation frameworks.
   However, simulation results obtained from one simulator are often
   hard to reproduce when using another simulation framework.  This
   document surveys existing simulator frameworks prevalent in
   simulating p2p protocols today in order to quantify any assumptions
   and characteristics inherent in the simulator.  This, we hope, will
   aid future researchers in choosing the right simulation framework for
   their abstraction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-simulation-survey-00.txt