Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:15:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv4 Behavior over IP-IP tunnel
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Peng Wu
                          Jianping Wu
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-06-02

   This document analyzes the situation where DHCPv4 is performed over
   IP-IP tunnel, and proposes methods to keep DHCP working under such
   situation.  The main issue is encapsulation of DHCP packets on server
   side, and there&#39;re both in-protocol solution and out-of-protocol
   solutions for this issue.  The in-protocol solution is to have DHCP
   carrying the encapsulation address information, and the out-of-
   protocol solution is to have the DHCP server keeping track of the
   address mapping by inspecting DHCP packet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-00.txt