Subject: I-D Action: draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 06:37:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SDP Local Identifier
	Author(s)       : Mischa Schmidt
                          Hans-Joerg Kolbe
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-06-01

   Dynamic Policy Controllers like resource and admission control
   systems need to be able to locate media receivers in each segment of
   the network to determine the path of the media flows prior to
   allowing or rejecting the session setup.  This is fine as long as
   this is handled within an operator&#39;s network but limited when
   extending this to home network.  Current definitions of SDP are not
   clear about conveying a local identifier (e.g., a private IP address)
   of the client that is destined to receive media streams after
   successful SDP negotiation.  In this draft we outline the need for
   carrying such information over SDP and discuss a set of possible
   solutions in a scenario with a home network and a operator network
   domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-mmusic-sdp-local-identifier-01.txt