Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoene-codec-quality-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:38:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Measuring the Quality of an Internet Interactive Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : Christian Hoene
	Filename        : draft-hoene-codec-quality-01.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2011-06-03

   The quality of a codec has to be measured by multiple parameters
   such as audio quality, speech quality, algorithmic efficiency,
   latency, coding rates and their respective tradeoffs. During
   standardization, codecs are tested and evaluated multiple times to
   ensure a high quality outcome.

   As the upcoming Internet codec is likely to have unique features,
   there is a need to develop new quality testing procedures to measure
   these features. Thus, this draft reviews existing methods on how to
   measure a codec&#39;s qualities, proposes a couple of new methods, and
   gives suggestions which may be used for testing the Internet
   Interactive Audio Codec (IIAC).

   This document is work in progress.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoene-codec-quality-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoene-codec-quality-01.txt