Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:53:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
	Author(s)       : Dino Farinacci
                          Vince Fuller
                          Dave Meyer
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-14.txt
	Pages           : 91
	Date            : 2011-06-29

   This draft describes a network-based protocol that enables separation
   of IP addresses into two new numbering spaces: Endpoint Identifiers
   (EIDs) and Routing Locators (RLOCs).  No changes are required to
   either host protocol stacks or to the &quot;core&quot; of the Internet
   infrastructure.  LISP can be incrementally deployed, without a &quot;flag
   day&quot;, and offers traffic engineering, multi-homing, and mobility
   benefits even to early adopters, when there are relatively few LISP-
   capable sites.

   Design and development of LISP was largely motivated by the problem
   statement produced by the October, 2006 IAB Routing and Addressing
   Workshop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-14.txt