Subject: I-D Action: draft-bryan-ftp-lock-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:14:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : File Transfer Protocol LOCK Command for Using a Single Port
	Author(s)       : Anthony Bryan
                          Daniel Stenberg
                          Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa
	Filename        : draft-bryan-ftp-lock-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-06-07

   One of the biggest hurdles for FTP in real life usage is its use of
   two connections.  First, it uses a primary connection to send control
   commands on, and when it sends or receives data, it opens a second
   TCP stream for that purpose.  This document specifies a new FTP LOCK
   command to be used by clients to request the server to use the
   control connection for data transfers, using a single port instead of
   two.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-ftp-lock-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-ftp-lock-00.txt