Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:46:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPsec anti-replay algorithm without bit-shifting
	Author(s)       : Xiangyang Zhang
                          Tina Tsou
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-06-27

   This document presents a new method to do anti-replay check and
   update, which becomes one alternative to the anti-replay
   algorithm in RFC 4302 and RFC 4303.  The new method will deem the
   bit-shifting unnecessary.  It will reduce the number of times
   to slide the window.  In addition, it makes bit-check and
   bit-update easier as it does not depend on the low index of the
   sliding window.  It is especially beneficial when the window size
   is much bigger than 64 bits, for example, 1024 bits.

   IPsec employs one anti-replay sliding window protocol to secure
   against an adversary that can insert the messages inside the
   network tunnel.  This method still inherits the sliding window
   protocol, but use one or more redundant bytes to ease the update
   of sliding window.  The bit-shifting is deemed unnecessary with
   updating the high and low index of the window, which is especially
   efficient in case of the big window size.  Thus the method reduces
   the number of times to update the window.

   In addition, the bit location is fixed for one sequence number,
   thus makes the bit check and update easier and faster.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ipsecme-anti-replay-02.txt