Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-rbridge-vrrp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:28:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extending the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol for TRILL campus
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-rbridge-vrrp-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-06-22

   TRILL can be implemented in data center networks, which requires high
   reliability and stability.  Whenever the egress RBridges or links
   break down, the TRILL rerouting time depends on the IS-IS topology
   convergence time, which may do not meet data center service
   requirements in terms of resiliency.  VRRP provides a redundancy
   mechanism to avoid single point of failure and fast switching over.
   This draft proposes to extend VRRP protocol to TRILL in data center
   networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-vrrp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-vrrp-01.txt