Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:06:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : FTP Extension for Internationalized Text
	Author(s)       : John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-06-20

   The original FTP protocol supported TYPE values for ASCII and EBCDIC
   text, plus binary (&quot;IMAGE&quot;) transmission.  As the Internet becomes
   more international, there is a growing requirement to be able to
   transmit textual data, encoded in Unicode, in a way that is
   independent of the coding and line representation forms of particular
   operating systems.  This memo specifies a new FTP TYPE value for
   Unicode data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-01.txt