Subject: I-D Action: draft-segelstein-mboned-amt-dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:35:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Domain Name Services to Enable an AMT Gateway to Discover the Optimal AMT Relay in a Multi-Network SSM Multicast Environment
	Author(s)       : David Segelstein
                          Ashley Flavel
                          Doug Nortz
	Filename        : draft-segelstein-mboned-amt-dns-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-06-30

   One of the obstacles to implementing AMT Multicast in a multi-network
   environment is the difficulty an AMT Gateway may have in finding an
   AMT Relay that is optimal.  Optimal in this context means that the
   AMT Relay has multicast connectivity to the Source, and its location
   minimizes the unicast (tunneled) portion of the path to the Gateway.
   Blind use of the global anycast address specified for AMT Relays in
   &quot;Automatic IP Multicast Without Explicit Tunnels (AMT)&quot; could result
   in reaching an AMT Relay that does not have multicast connectivity to
   the source, which would yield a failure to obtain the multicast
   content; or it could result in reaching an AMT Relay that is
   otherwise less than optimal.  This document proposes a method for
   implementing standard DNS procedures so that an AMT Gateway using
   normal DNS queries can virtually always find the optimal AMT Relay
   for a given Source.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-segelstein-mboned-amt-dns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-segelstein-mboned-amt-dns-00.txt