Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:58:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MAC Flush Loop Detection in VPLS
	Author(s)       : Paul Kwok
                          Pranjal Kumar Dutta
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-06-16

   MAC Address Withdrawal is a mechanism described in [RFC4762] to
   remove or unlearn MAC addresses that have been dynamically learned,
   for faster convergence. Failure of mechanisms that control loop free
   connectivity (e.g Split Horizon) among VPLS PE nodes may cause MAC
   Address Withdrawal messages looping among those nodes, leading to
   Denial of Service (DoS) or complete failure of control plane in the
   PE nodes. This document describes a mechanism to detect and prevent
   loops of MAC Address Withdrawal messages in a VPLS PE node on such
   failures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-01.txt