Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:50:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Signaling of (Pre-) Congestion Information in a DiffServ Domain
	Author(s)       : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Tom Taylor
                          Kwok Ho Chan
                          Michael Menth
                          Philip Eardley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-06-15

   Precongestion notification (PCN) is a means for protecting quality of
   service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv domain. The
   overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559. This memo
   describes the requirements for the signaling applied within the PCN
   domain: (1) PCN-feedback-information is carried from the PCN-egress-
   node to the decision point;(2) the decision point may ask the PCN-
   ingress-node to measure, and report back, the rate of sent PCN-
   traffic between that PCN-ingress-node and PCN-egress-node. The
   decision point may be either collocated with the PCN-ingress-node or
   a centralized node (in the latter case, (2) is not required). The
   signaling requirements pertain in particular to two edge behaviours,
   &quot;controlled load (CL)&quot; and &quot;single marking (SM)&quot;
   [draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge- behaviour-08],
   [draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour-05].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-05.txt