Subject: I-D Action: draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:07:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Migration Considerations and Techniques for Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile based Networks and Services
	Author(s)       : Nurit Sprecher
                          Yaacov Weingarten
                          Kyung-Yeop Hong
                          Luyuan Fang
	Filename        : draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-06-23

   MPLS-TP defines a packet-based network architecture and a
   comprehensive set of tools that allow service providers to reliably
   deliver next generation services and applications, in a simple,
   scalable, and cost-effective way.  Such services are BW-hungry based
   and require strict guaranteed SLA.  Delivering next generation
   services over an MPLS-TP based network in an economic way, enables
   service providers to remain competitive while increasing their
   revenues.

   This document presents the motivations for migrating from different
   legacy transport networks and services to MPLS-TP, and discusses the
   considerations and strategies for the migration.

   The document also proposes specific activities and techniques needed
   to ensure a smooth migration path from the different transport
   networks and services to MPLS-TP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-migration-04.txt