Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:20:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual Resource Operations &amp; Management in the Data Center
	Author(s)       : Victor M. Grado
                          Tina Tsou
                          Ning So
	Filename        : draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-06-08

   The adoption of cloud computing brings a number of benefits but also
   a number of challenges to the data center operations.  Such
   challenges include automation and management of data center resources
   including servers, storage and networking elements.  In particular,
   this document describes the problem of operational and management
   challenges that virtualization brings in the (carrier) cloud data
   center as an enabler of new technologies such as self-provisioning
   and elastic capacity and related benefits of consolidation, reduced
   total cost of ownership, and energy management.  This document does
   not cover the problem of address resolution in massive data centers.
   It does not cover technologies related to VDI either.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-00.txt