Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:29:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Considerations and Guidelines for Deploying the Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) Method
	Author(s)       : Ali Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-06-10

   The Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) solution is a
   method based on RTP and RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) that enables an
   RTP receiver to rapidly acquire and start consuming the RTP multicast
   data.  Upon a request from the RTP receiver, an auxiliary unicast RTP
   retransmission session is set up between a retransmission server and
   the RTP receiver, over which the reference information about the new
   multicast stream the RTP receiver is about to join is transmitted at
   an accelerated rate.  This often precedes, but may also accompany,
   the multicast stream itself.  When there is only one multicast stream
   to be acquired, the RAMS solution works in a straightforward manner.
   However, when there are two or more multicast streams to be acquired
   from the same or different multicast RTP sessions, care should be
   taken to configure each RAMS session appropriately.  This document
   provides example scenarios and offers guidelines.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt