Subject: I-D Action: draft-reynolds-bgpsec-rtrcerts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 11:12:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Profile for BGPSEC Router Certificates
	Author(s)       : Matthew Lepinski
                          Mark Reynolds
	Filename        : draft-reynolds-bgpsec-rtrcerts-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-06-02

   This document defines a standard profile for X.509 certificates for
   the purposes of supporting validation of Autonomous System (AS) paths
   in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), as part of an extension to that
   protocol known as BGPSEC. BGP is a critical component for the proper
   operation of the Internet as a whole. The BGPSEC protocol is under
   development as a component to address the requirement to provide
   security for the BGP protocol. The goal of BGPSEC is to design a
   protocol for full AS path validation based on the use of strong
   cryptographic primitives. The end-entity (EE) certificates specified
   by this profile are issued under Resource PKI (RPKI) CA certificates,
   containing the RFC 3779 AS number extension, to routers within the
   autonomous system. The certificate asserts that the router(s) holding
   the public key are authorized to send out secure route advertisements
   on behalf of the specified autonomous system. Note that since these
   certificates extend the RPKI [ID.sidr-arch], this profile is based on
   the profile for RPKI resource certificates [ID.res-cert-prof].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reynolds-bgpsec-rtrcerts-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reynolds-bgpsec-rtrcerts-00.txt