Subject: I-D Action: draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:42:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Global Cost Mapping for AS-Level Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
	Author(s)       : Hirochika Asai
                          Hiroshi Esaki
                          Tsuyoshi Momose
	Filename        : draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-06-16

   This document provides an approach of cross-domain traffic control in
   application-layer or overlay routing, such as content delivery
   networks and live media streaming systems, to reduce inter-domain
   traffic and transit traffic that costs more for Internet service
   providers (ISPs).  This approach utilizes global cost map to regulate
   policy conflicts between distinct ISPs.  The approach and the
   simulation results in this document suggest to use global cost map in
   application-layer routing and highlight the advantage of cross-domain
   cooperation with the global cost map.  To distribute the global cost
   map, the ALTO protocol is the best way today, and consequently, this
   document defines a usage of the ALTO protocol.  This document also
   defines a solution approach to compute global cost map that takes
   into account commercial relationships between autonomous systems,
   with hiding confidential information as much as possible.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-02.txt