Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:19:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework
	Author(s)       : Mark Watson
                          Ali Begen
                          Vincent Roca
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2011-06-09

   This document describes a framework for using Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) codes with applications in public and private IP
   networks to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
   supports applying FEC to arbitrary packet flows over unreliable
   transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or streaming,
   media.  This framework can be used to define Content Delivery
   Protocols that provide FEC for streaming media delivery or other
   packet flows.  Content Delivery Protocols defined using this
   framework can support any FEC scheme (and associated FEC codes) which
   is compliant with various requirements defined in this document.
   Thus, Content Delivery Protocols can be defined which are not
   specific to a particular FEC scheme, and FEC schemes can be defined
   which are not specific to a particular Content Delivery Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt