Subject: I-D Action: draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:20:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Quality for Service Protocol
	Author(s)       : Jose Javier Garcia Aranda
                          Jacobo Perez Lajo
                          Luis Miguel Diaz Vizcaino
                          Carlos Barcenilla
                          Monica Cortes
                          Joaquin Salvachua
                          Juan Quemada
	Filename        : draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-01.txt
	Pages           : 84
	Date            : 2011-06-27

   This memo describes an application level protocol for the standard
   communication of e2e QoS compliance information using a protocol
   based on Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which forms the basis
   for the World Wide Web, and Session Description Protocol (SDP).
   Quality for Service Protocol (Q4S) provides a mechanism for latency,
   jitter, bandwidth an packet loss negotiation and monitoring,
   alerting whenever one of the negotiated conditions is violated.

   Implementation details on the actions to be triggered upon
   reception/detection of QoS alerts exchanged by the protocol are out
   of scope of this draft, it is application dependant (e.g. increase
   quality, reduce bit-rate) or even network dependant (e.g. change
   connection&#39;s quality profile).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-01.txt