Subject: I-D Action: draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:02:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Policies and dynamic information migration in DCs
	Author(s)       : Gu Yingjie
                          Fan Yongbing
	Filename        : draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2011-06-24

   Virtualization and Virtual Machine (VM) migration provide Data Center
   with feasibility and improves the utilization of limited physical
   resource, e.g. switches/routers, servers and links.  Meanwhile, a
   variety of policies (e.g.  ACL, firewalls, load balancers, IPS and
   QoS) are deployed in Data Center to improve system security and
   gurantee SLA.  Those polices are executed by rules configured or
   generated on network devices.  E.g. packet filtering policies are
   executed by Access Control List on switches or firewalls.  Another
   example is Load balancer (LB) who extablishes TCP/HTTP connections
   with external clients and balances connections among server farm.
   During this process, TCP connection tables are dynamically generated
   on LB.  When VM migrates, the network devices that processing and
   forward VM&#39;s packets may change.  In order to keep VM&#39;s running
   serives and guanrantee security on new place, VM-relevant policies,
   including static policies as well as the dynamically generated
   information, need to migrate with VM.

   This draft describes some examples of the policies that need to
   migrate with VM, the problems that need to consider when migrate
   polices in Data Center.  The goal is to justify that it is necessary
   for IETF to make new effort on management of virtualized Data Center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration-00.txt