Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-ipfix-packet-selector-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:49:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Composite IP Packet Selector
	Author(s)       : Guang Cheng
                          Jian Gong
                          Hua Wu
	Filename        : draft-cheng-ipfix-packet-selector-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-06-20

This document specifies a composite IP packet selector in Metering
Process of the IP Flow Information Export protocol (IPFIX). The
composite selector is realized by combining a sampling selector
using systematic or random sampling technique followed by a hash-
based filtering selector computing the hash function on 5-tuples
information (source/ destination IP address, source/destination port
number, port). Taking flow sampling into account in packet selection,
the designed composite selector could better solve the short-flow
lost problem meeting in simple systematic or random sampling
selector.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-ipfix-packet-selector-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-ipfix-packet-selector-00.txt