Subject: I-D Action: draft-rescorla-rtcweb-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 20:06:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Considerations for RTC-Web
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-rescorla-rtcweb-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-06-05

   The Real-Time Communications on the Web (RTC-Web) working group is
   tasked with standardizing protocols for real-time communications
   between Web browsers.  The two major use cases for RTC-Web technology
   are real-time audio and/or video calls and direct data transfer.
   Unlike most conventional real-time systems (e.g., SIP-based soft
   phones) RTC-Web communications are directly controlled by some Web
   server, which poses new security challenges.  For instance, a Web
   browser might expose a JavaScript API which allows a server to place
   a video call.  Unrestricted access to such an API would allow any
   site which a user visited to &quot;bug&quot; a user&#39;s computer, capturing any
   activity which passed in front of their camera.  This document
   defines the RTC-Web threat model and defines an architecture which
   provides security within that threat model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-rtcweb-security-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-rtcweb-security-00.txt