Subject: I-D Action: draft-vandesompel-memento-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:10:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP framework for time-based access to resource states -- Memento
	Author(s)       : Herbert VandeSompel
                          Michael Nelson
                          Robert Sanderson
	Filename        : draft-vandesompel-memento-02.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2011-06-03

   The HTTP-based Memento framework bridges the present and past Web by
   interlinking current resources with resources that encapsulate their
   past.  It facilitates obtaining representations of prior states of a
   resource, available from archival resources in Web archives or
   version resources in content management systems, by leveraging the
   resource&#39;s URI and a preferred datetime.  To this end, the framework
   introduces datetime negotiation (a variation on content negotiation),
   and new Relation Types for the HTTP Link header aimed at interlinking
   resources with their archival/version resources.  It also introduces
   various discovery mechanisms that further support bridging the
   present and past Web.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandesompel-memento-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandesompel-memento-02.txt