Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:55:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE)
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-06-29

   Many current applications use the certificate-based authentication
   features in TLS to allow clients to verify that a connected server
   properly represents a desired domain name.  Traditionally, this
   authentication has been based on PKIX trust hierarchies, rooted in
   well-known CAs, but additional information can be provided via the
   DNS itself.  This document describes a set of use cases in which the
   DNS and DNSSEC could be used to make assertions that support the TLS
   authentication process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-04.txt