Subject: I-D Action: draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 01:38:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Making Route Flap Damping Usable
	Author(s)       : Cristel Pelsser
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Loughborough University
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-06-28

   Route Flap Damping (RFD) was first proposed to reduce BGP churn in
   routers.  Unfortunately, RFD was found to severely penalize sites for
   being well-connected because topological richness amplifies the
   number of update messages exchanged.  Many operators have turned RFD
   off.  Based on experimental measurement, this document recommends
   adjusting a few RFD algorithmic constants and limits, to reduce the
   high risks with RFD, with the result being damping a non-trivial
   amount of long term churn without penalizing well-behaved prefixes&#39;
   normal convergence process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-rfd-usable-01.txt