Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 23:15:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Implications of the Use of IPv6 Extension Headers with IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
                          UK CPNI
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-06-07

   IPv6 Extension Headers with Neighbor Discovery messages can be
   leveraged to circumvent simple local network protections, such as
   &quot;Router Advertisement Guard&quot;.  Since there is no legitimate use for
   IPv6 Extension Headers in Neighbor Discovery messages, and such use
   greatly complicates network monitoring and simple security
   mitigations such as RA-Guard, this document proposes that hosts
   silently ignore Neighbor Discovery messages that use IPv6 Extension
   Headers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-01.txt