Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:16:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Alternative Topology (LISP+ALT)
	Author(s)       : Vince Fuller
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Dave Meyer
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-06-30

   This document describes a simple distributed index system to be used
   by a Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Ingress Tunnel Router
   (ITR) or Map Resolver (MR) to find the Egress Tunnel Router (ETR)
   which holds the mapping information for a particular Endpoint
   Identifier (EID).  The MR can then query that ETR to obtain the
   actual mapping information, which consists of a list of Routing
   Locators (RLOCs) for the EID.  Termed the Alternative Logical
   Topology (ALT), the index is built as an overlay network on the
   public Internet using the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and the
   Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).  Using these proven protocols,
   the ALT can be built and deployed relatively quickly without any
   changes to the existing routing infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt