Subject: I-D Action: draft-hernandez-ardieta-smime-eesp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:23:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Electronic Signature Policies
	Author(s)       : Jorge Lopez Hernandez-Ardieta
                          Ana Isabel Gonzalez-Tablas
	Filename        : draft-hernandez-ardieta-smime-eesp-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-06-19

This document defines extended electronic signature policies (ext-SP)
that extend the boundaries of the electronic signature policy defined in
[RFC3125] in a manner that the relationships and dependences among
multiple electronic signatures generated within the scope of the same
electronic transaction can be established. A given legal/contractual
context may recognize a particular ext-SP as meeting its requirements.

An ext-SP has a globally unique reference, which is bound to an
electronic signature by the signer as part of the signature calculation.

The ext-SP can be defined in human readable form so that it can be
assessed to meet the requirements of the legal and contractual context
in which it is being applied.

To allow for the automatic processing, the ext-SP specifies, using a
computer processable form, the timing and sequence dependencies of the
set of signatures that must be generated to make the transaction
effective along with the set of attributes and rules that each signature
must comply with.  In the current document the format of the ext-SP is
defined using ASN.1.

The content of this document is based on the requirements and needs
established in ETSI TR 102 045 V1.1.1 (2003-03) Copyright (C).
Individual copies of this ETSI deliverable can be downloaded from
http://www.etsi.org.

Discussion

   This draft is being discussed on the &#39;ietf-smime&#39; mailing list. To
   subscribe, send a message to [email-masked] with the
   single word subscribe in the body of the message. There is a Web site
   for the mailing list at https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/smime.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hernandez-ardieta-smime-eesp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hernandez-ardieta-smime-eesp-01.txt