Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 10:30:12 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : The WebSocket protocol
    Author(s)     : I. Fette
    Filename      : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-08.txt
    Pages         : 68
    Date          : 2011-06-08
    
   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way communication between a client
   running untrusted code running in a controlled environment to a
   remote host that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The
   security model used for this is the Origin-based security model
   commonly used by Web browsers.  The protocol consists of an opening
   handshake followed by basic message framing, layered over TCP.  (In
   theory, any transport protocol could be used so long as it provides
   for reliable transport, is byte clean, and supports relatively large
   message sizes.  However, for this document, we consider only TCP.)
   The goal of this technology is to provide a mechanism for browser-
   based applications that need two-way communication with servers that
   does not rely on opening multiple HTTP connections (e.g. using
   XMLHttpRequest or <iframe>s and long polling).

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.