Subject: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-xdash-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:34:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use of the &quot;X-&quot; Prefix in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-xdash-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-06-27

   Many application protocols use named parameters to identity data.
   Historically, protocol designers and implementers distinguished
   between &quot;standard&quot; and &quot;non-standard&quot; parameters by prefixing the
   latter with the string &quot;X-&quot;.  On balance, this &quot;X-&quot; convention has
   more costs than benefits, although it can be appropriate in certain
   circumstances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-00.txt