Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:28:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPPM standard advancement testing
	Author(s)       : Ruediger Geib
                          Al Morton
                          Reza Fardid
                          Alexander Steinmitz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2011-06-29

   This document specifies tests to determine if multiple independent
   instantiations of a performance metric RFC have implemented the
   specifications in the same way.  This is the performance metric
   equivalent of interoperability, required to advance RFCs along the
   standards track.  Results from different implementations of metric
   RFCs will be collected under the same underlying network conditions
   and compared using state of the art statistical methods.  The goal is
   an evaluation of the metric RFC itself, whether its definitions are
   clear and unambiguous to implementors and therefore a candidate for
   advancement on the IETF standards track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-03.txt