Subject: I-D Action: draft-koenig-privicons-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 03:40:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Privacy Preferences for E-Mail Messages
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Koenig
                          Jan Schallaboeck
	Filename        : draft-koenig-privicons-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-06-03

   This document proposes a syntax and semantics as an extension of the
   Internet Message Format (e-mail message) allowing a Sending User of
   an e-mail message to express his or her preference for how the
   message content is to be handled by the Receiving Users.  For this
   purpose, semantics of sets of different character combinations
   (&quot;Privicons&quot;) are described.  These can syntactically be integrated
   either in the first-line of the body, in the subject line and/or in a
   dedicated header of any e-mail message.  The Privicons icon set
   consists of six different icons.  They&#39;ll be machine readable.  The
   Privicons concept is partly borrowing its approach from the concept
   of emoticons.  For example, to express that the content may be
   forwarded and even be published.  The Sending User could use the
   Privicon &quot;[&gt;]&quot;, which may be followed by an additional explanations,
   such as &quot;please share&quot;.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koenig-privicons-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koenig-privicons-02.txt