Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:57:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual Resource Operations &amp; Management in the Data Center
	Author(s)       : Victor M. Grado
                          Tina Tsou
                          Ning So
	Filename        : draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-06-13

   TThe dynamic allocation of computing resources on a massive scale
   through the use of virtual machines to serve a large number of
   customers and applications simultaneously brings a number of benefits
   but also a number of challenges to data center operations.  Such
   challenges range from acquiring the information needed to provision
   the physical servers, storage and networking elements, through
   accounting for resource and application usage at the user level.  In
   particular, this document describes the problem of operational and
   management challenges that virtualization brings in the (carrier)
   data center as an enabler of new technologies such as self-
   provisioning and elastic capacity and related benefits of
   consolidation, reduced total cost of ownership, and energy
   management.  This document does not cover the problem of address
   resolution in massive data centers.  It does not cover technologies
   related to VDI either.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-02.txt