Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:41:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A authentication method based on certificate for DHCP
	Author(s)       : Yixian Xu
                          Serge Manning
                          Marcus Wong
	Filename        : draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-06-16

   This document defines a technique that can provide both entity
   authentication and message authentication based on certificates. This
   protocol combines existing options, such as the delay authentication
   mechanism in [RFC3118] and the user authentication protocol option
   defined in [RFC2485].  The goal of this specification is to define
   methods for certificates to protect the integrity of DHCP messages
   and close the gaps of the existing delay authentication mechanism.
   In order to meet these goals, we use the asymmetrical cryptograph
   protection and some options about authentication that have been
   defined in other specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-00.txt