Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:40:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping
	Author(s)       : Shaleen Saxena
                          George Swallow
                          Zafar Ali
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Seisho Yasukawa
                          Thomas D. Nadeau
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-17.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-06-20

   This document updates RFC 4379.

   Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
   point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

   The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be used
   to detect data plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs has
   been recognized and has led to the development of techniques for
   fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as &quot;LSP Ping&quot;.

   The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
   MPLS LSPs.  This documents does not replace any of the mechanisms of
   LSP Ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
   extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP Ping to the MPLS P2MP
   environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-17.txt