Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:36:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual Resource Operations and Management in the Data Center
	Author(s)       : Victor M. Grado
                          Tina Tsou
                          Ning So
	Filename        : draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-06-12

   The dynamic allocation of computing resources on a massive scale
   through the use of virtual machines running over a &quot;hypervisor&quot; layer
   to serve a large number of customers and applications simultaneously
   brings a number of benefits but also a number of challenges to data
   center operations.  Such challenges range from acquiring the
   information needed to provision the physical servers, storage and
   networking elements, through accounting for resource and application
   usage at the user level.  The Distributed Management Task Force
   (DMTF) has begun the work of developing the standards needed to
   support this work, but many tasks remain.  This document provides a
   brief survey of the problem space, but focusses on the requirements
   for operation and management of network resources within the data
   center complex and between that complex and the users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-vrom-problem-statement-01.txt