Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 06:22:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams
	Author(s)       : Malte Schmidt
                          Frans de Bont
                          Stefan Doehla
                          Jaehwan Kim
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-06-06

   This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   formats for carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual
   bitstreams without using MPEG-4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly
   mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams onto RTP packets, it provides
   specifications for the use of RTP header fields and also specifies
   fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for Media Type
   registration and the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The
   audio payload format described in this document has some limitations
   related to the signaling of audio codec parameters for the required
   multiplexing format.  Therefore, for new system designs [RFC3640] is
   preferred, which does not have these restrictions.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3016.  A revision of RFC 3016 was
   required because of some misalignments between RFC 3016 and the 3GPP
   PSS specification regarding the RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio.
   Changes from RFC 3016 are summarized in Section 11.  Issues on
   backward compatibility to RFC 3016 are discussed in Section 1.3.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-01.txt