Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-privacy-workshop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 03:50:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Report from the Internet Privacy Workshop
	Author(s)       : Alissa Cooper
	Filename        : draft-iab-privacy-workshop-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-06-30

   On December 8-9, 2010, the IAB co-hosted an Internet privacy workshop
   with the W3C, ISOC, and MIT&#39;s Computer Science and Artificial
   Intelligence Laboratory.  The workshop revealed some of the
   fundamental challenges in designing, deploying, and analyzing
   privacy-protective Internet protocols and systems.  Although workshop
   participants and the community as a whole are still far from
   understanding how best to systematically address privacy within
   Internet standards development, workshop participants identified a
   number of potential next steps.  For the IETF, these included the
   creation of a privacy directorate to review Internet drafts, further
   work on documenting privacy considerations for protocol developers,
   and a number of exploratory efforts concerning fingerprinting and
   anonymized routing.  Potential action items for the W3C included
   investigating the formation of a privacy interest group and
   formulating guidance about fingerprinting, referrer headers, data
   minimization in APIs, usability, and general considerations for non-
   browser-based protocols.

   Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
   workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
   those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect IAB
   views and positions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-privacy-workshop-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-privacy-workshop-00.txt