Subject: I-D Action: draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:38:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Public Suffix Structure file format and its use for Cookie domain validation
	Author(s)       : Yngve N. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   This document defines the term &quot;Public Suffix&quot; as meaning a domain
   under which multiple parties that are unaffiliated with the owner may
   register subdomains.  Examples of Public Suffixes include &quot;org&quot;,
   &quot;co.uk&quot; and &quot;k12.wa.us&quot;.  It also defines a fileformat that can be
   used to distribute information about such Public Suffixes to relying
   parties.  As an example, this information is then used to limit which
   domains an Internet service can set cookies for, strengthening the
   rules already defined by the cookie specifications.  This
   specification updates RFC 6265 [RFC6265] by defining the term &quot;Public
   Suffix&quot;.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt