Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-identifier-comparison-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 11:38:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Issues in Identifier Comparison for Security Purposes
	Author(s)       : Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-iab-identifier-comparison-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-07-02

   Identifiers such as hostnames, URIs/IRIs, and email addresses are
   often used in security contexts to identify security principals and
   resources.  In such contexts, an identifier supplied via some
   protocol is often compared against some policy to make security
   decisions such as whether the principal may access the resource, what
   level of authentication or encryption is required, etc.  If the
   parties involved in a security decision use different algorithms to
   compare identifiers, then failure scenarios ranging from denial of
   service to elevation of privilege can result.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-identifier-comparison-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-identifier-comparison-00.txt