Subject: I-D Action: draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:51:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
	Author(s)       : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
	Filename        : draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-07-06

   One of the major advantages in SCTP is supporting multi-homing
   communication.  If a multi-homed end-point has redundant network
   connections, SCTP sessions can have a good chance to survive from
   network failures by migrating inactive network to active one.
   However, if we follow the SCTP standard, there can be significant
   delay for the network migration.  During this migration period, SCTP
   cannot transmit much data to the destination.  This issue drastically
   impairs the usability of SCTP in some situations.  This memo
   describes the issue of SCTP failover mechanism and discuss its
   solutions which require minimal modification to the current standard.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishida-tsvwg-sctp-failover-03.txt