Subject: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-xdash-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:52:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use of the &quot;X-&quot; Prefix in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-xdash-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-07-05

   Many application protocols use named parameters to identify data.
   Historically, protocol designers and implementers distinguished
   between &quot;standard&quot; and &quot;non-standard&quot; parameters by prefixing the
   latter with the string &quot;X-&quot; or similar constructions.  On balance,
   this &quot;X-&quot; convention has more costs than benefits, although it can be
   appropriate in certain circumstances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-01.txt