Subject: I-D Action: draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:04:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
	Author(s)       : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
   traffic Optimization) that includes a &quot;Network Map Service&quot;, an
   &quot;Endpoint Cost Service&quot; and an &quot;Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service&quot; and
   thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
   Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
   (NP) topology to overlay clients.

   The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
   provided by the current ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to broaden the
   possibilities of the Application Clients in two ways: firstly by
   providing a better mapping of the Selected Endpoints to needs of the
   growing diversity of Content Networking Applications and to the
   network conditions, secondly by producing a more robust choice of
   multiple Endpoints, helping thus out for efficient Multi-Path
   transfer.

   There are 2 parts in this draft: the first part initiates protocol
   extensions to support requests on multiple Cost Types in one single
   transaction.  These first extensions also integrate the discussions
   within the ALTO Working Group and focus on the Endpoint Cost Service.
   The second part proposes two use cases motivating further definitions
   of additional CostTypes and Cost Attributes related to timeframe and
   validity period.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt