Subject: I-D Action: draft-jennings-vipr-overview-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:59:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verification Involving PSTN Reachability: Requirements and Architecture Overview
	Author(s)       : Cullen Jennings
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Marc Petit-Huguenin
	Filename        : draft-jennings-vipr-overview-01.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) has seen widespread deployment
   within individual domains, typically supporting voice and video
   communications.  Though it was designed from the outset to support
   inter-domain federation over the public Internet, such federation has
   not materialized.  The primary reasons for this are the complexities
   of inter-domain phone number routing and concerns over security.
   This document reviews this problem space, outlines requirements, and
   then describes a new model and technique for inter-domain federation
   with SIP, called Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (ViPR).
   ViPR addresses the problems that have prevented inter-domain
   federation over the Internet.  It provides fully distributed inter-
   domain routing for phone numbers, authorized mappings from phone
   numbers to domains, a new technique for automated VoIP anti-spam, and
   privacy of number ownership, all while preserving the trapezoidal
   model of SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-01.txt