Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 05:01:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Tunneling for Embedded Systems (6bed4)
	Author(s)       : Rick van Rein
	Filename        : draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-07-25

   Given the limited resources available to a lot of embedded systems,
   dual-stack solutions are not always feasible for such hosts.  A
   mechanism that supports a direct transition from IPv4-only to
   IPv6-only may prove beneficial in getting the smallest hosts to make
   a transition to IPv6 at a much earlier stage than would otherwise be
   possible.  This calls for tunnels, but no current tunnel technique
   appears to be optimal for embedded systems.

   This specification details an IPv6 tunneling technique over UDP and
   IPv4.  The technique is specifically designed to benefit embedded
   systems, and to work without end user configuration.  The working
   principle for obtaining a routable IPv6 address is through stateless
   autoconfiguration from an anycast tunnel service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-00.txt