Subject: I-D Action: draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:11:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tunneled HTTP Authentication For SASL
	Author(s)       : William Mills
                          Tim Showalter
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-07-02

   Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a framework for
   providing authentication and data security services in connection-
   oriented protocols via replaceable mechanisms.  OAuth is a protocol
   framework for delegated HTTP authentication and thereby provides a
   method for clients to access a protected resource on behalf of a
   resource owner.

   This document defines the use of HTTP authentication over SASL, and
   additionally defines authorization and token issuing endpoint
   discovery.  Thereby, it enables schemes defined within the OAuth
   framework for non-HTTP-based application protocols.

   A significant benefit of OAuth for usage in clients that usually
   store passwords is storing tokens instead of passwords.  This is much
   lower risk since tokens can be more limited in scope of access and
   can be managed and revoked separately from the user credential
   (password).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-03.txt