Subject: I-D Action: draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 13:17:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A framework for Management and Control of optical interfaces supporting G.698.2
	Author(s)       : Ruediger Kunze
	Filename        : draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-07-01

   This document provides a framework that describes a solution space
   for the control and management of optical interfaces according to the
   Black Link approach as specified by ITU-T [ITU.G698.2] and further
   revisions.  In particular, it examines topological elements and
   related network management measures.

   Optical Routing and Wavelength assignment based on WSON is out of
   scope.  This document concentrates on the management of optical
   interfaces.  The application of a dynamic control plane, e.g. for
   auto-discovery or for the distribtion of interface parameters, is
   complementary.  Anyway, this work is not in conflict with WSON but
   leverages and supports related work already done for management plane
   and control plane.

   The framework document will not address the client mapping into
   G.709.  This document only addresses the lower layers.  Furthermore,
   support for Fast Fault Detection, to e.g. trigger Protection
   Switching is provided by the WDM interface capability of the client
   interface (e.g.  ITU-T G.709) is out of scope for this work.
   Additionally the wavelength ordering process and the process how to
   determine the demand for a new wavelength from A to Z is out of
   scope.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework-00.txt