Subject: I-D Action: draft-franco-ipv4depletion-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:19:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP v4 Addressing Depletion Solution
	Author(s)       : J. Franco Arboine
	Filename        : draft-franco-ipv4depletion-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-07-27

This document addresses the problem of IP v4 address space depletion.
This document proposes an easy, technical solution based on the use
of two options in the IP packet. The IP Version is used to extend
the current IP v4 address universe to 25 to 30 billion IP addresses.
A modified IP packet header Option 3, the Loose Source and Record
Router (LSRR), is used to carry source ip version, source ip prefix,
destination ip version, and destination ip prefix in the IP network
packet.  This document introduces the concepts of RIR nebulae (or IP
address nebula) and mirror prefixes (or pseudo prefixes). RIR nebulae
are concurrent IP v4 address spaces which are differentiated from one
another by the IP Version in the IP network packet header. The mirror
prefixes (/33 to /255) emulate or mirror standard prefixes (/0 to /31).
The single host route (/32 or 255.255.255.255) is supported in all RIR
nebulae. The new extended IP v4 universe (a new, hypothetical Internet)
is comprised of multiple IP v4 address spaces and DNS domains of 4.2
billion addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-franco-ipv4depletion-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-franco-ipv4depletion-00.txt