Subject: I-D Action: draft-ymbk-no-subnet-anycast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:36:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Subnet Anycast Deprecated
	Author(s)       : Randy Bush
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-no-subnet-anycast-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   IPv6 Subnet Anycast is not used operationally, complicates
   implementations, and complicates protocol specifications.  The form
   of anycast actually used in the Internet is routing-based, and is
   essentilly the same as that of IPv4 anycast.  Therefore, this
   document deprecates IPv6 Subnet Anycast.

   This is an early draft and will require non-trivial fill-in and
   details.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-no-subnet-anycast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-no-subnet-anycast-00.txt