Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:52:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Yet Another Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Message Submission for Mail
	Author(s)       : Randall Gellens
                          John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-07-25

   This memo splits message submission from message relay, allowing each
   service to operate according to its own rules (for security, policy,
   etc.), and specifies what actions are to be taken by a submission
   server.

   Message relay is unaffected, and continues to use SMTP [SMTP-MTA]
   over port 25.

   When conforming to this document, message submission uses the
   protocol specified here, normally over port 587.

   This separation of function offers a number of benefits, including
   the ability to apply specific security or policy requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-01.txt