Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-armd-nanog52-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 21:33:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NANOG 52 Operators Perspective
	Author(s)       : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-armd-nanog52-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-07-03

   Data Centers are growing in number of physical and virtual machines.
   The scaling of broadcast domains impacts the scale of basic Address
   resolution protocols (ARP and ND).

   The ARMD working (http://tools.ietf.org/wg/armd/charters) has been
   charter to examine the details of this problem. Part of the
   examination was to ask operators of data centers and researchers to
   provide details on the scope of the problem. The ARMD chairs (Benson
   Schliesser (Cisco) and Linda Dunbar (Huawei) held a panel session at
   NANOG 52 to report initial findings.

   The researchers on the panel were: Manish Karir (Merit), and K.K.
   Ramakrishnan (AT&amp;T Research). The Operators on this panel were from
   Google (Scott Whyte), Yahoo (Igor Gashinsky), and Adhost (Michael K.
   Smith).

   This memo brings into IETF format notes taken at the panel session.
   Any errors in the summary are the author&#39;s.  The presentations for
   the session are listed at the ARMD track at:

   http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog52/agenda.php

   However, an audio recording was not made. This document is an
   informational RFC whose intent is to record a moment in time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-armd-nanog52-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-armd-nanog52-00.txt