Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:30:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : BGP OPERATIONAL Message

    Author(s)     : R. Raszuk, et al
    Filename      : draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt
    Pages         : 26
    Date          : 2011-07-01

   The BGP Version 4 routing protocol (RFC4271) is now used in many
   ways, crossing boundaries of administrative and technical
   responsibility.

   The protocol lacks an operational messaging plane which could be
   utilised to diagnose, troubleshoot and inform upon various conditions
   across these boundaries, securely, during protocol operation, without
   disruption.

   This document proposes a new BGP message type, the OPERATIONAL
   message, which can be used to effect such a messaging plane for use
   both between and within Autonomous Systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.