Subject: I-D Action: draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:10:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Support for posix_fadvise
	Author(s)       : Dean Hildebrand
                          Trond Myklebust
                          Sam Falkner
	Filename        : draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-07-07

   This document proposes a new FADVISE operation for NFSv4.2 to support
   the posix_fadvise function.  FADVISE will communicate expected
   application behavior to the server, allowing servers to optimize
   future I/O requests for a file.  The posix_fadvise function is
   supported in Linux and many other operating systems and is starting
   be widely used by applications. In addition, the FADVISE operation
   can communicate other application directions such as the use of
   direct I/O.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-fadvise-02.txt