Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:18:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : FTP extension for IPv4/IPv6 transition
	Author(s)       : Dapeng Liu
                          Iljitsch van Beijnum
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-07-10

   The File transfer protocol, which is defined by the RFC 959, has a
   long history, but still being widely used.  The original version of
   FTP specification defines IPv4 version of FTP.  RFC 2428 defines IPv6
   extensions of FTP, introducingEPRT and EPSV command.  In the IPv6-
   IPv4 translation scenario, considerations should be applied to FTP
   client, server and translation box to ensure FTP protocol work
   properly.  This document discusses the details for FTP to work in
   IPv4-IPv6 transitiion scenario.  This document proposes to update
   IPv6 FTP client&#39;s specification to make it easier to work in 6to4
   scenario.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-01.txt