Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:29:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : VPLS Interoperability with Provider Backbone Bridges
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          Chris Metz
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Dinesh Mohan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   The scalability of H-VPLS with Ethernet access network can be
   improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality in
   VPLS access. Provider Backbone Bridging has been standardized as
   IEEE 802.1ah-2008, and aims to improve the scalability of MAC
   addresses and service instances in Provider Ethernet networks. This
   document describes different interoperability scenarios where
   Provider Backbone Bridge functionality is used in H-VPLS with
   Ethernet or MPLS access network to attain better scalability in
   terms of number of customer MAC addresses and number of service
   instances. The document also describes the scenarios and the
   mechanisms for incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality
   within H-VPLS with existing Ethernet access and interoperability
   among them. Furthermore, the document discusses the migration
   mechanisms and scenarios by which Provider Backbone Bridge
   functionality can be incorporated into H-VPLS with existing MPLS
   access.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-02.txt