Subject: I-D Action: draft-liebsch-dime-diameter-bulksig-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:11:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter Bulk Signaling
	Author(s)       : Marco Liebsch
	Filename        : draft-liebsch-dime-diameter-bulksig-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   Diameter has received wide acceptance in large scale networking based
   on applications like Network Access Server and Credit Control.
   Different Standards Development Organizations consider Diameter as
   base protocol for extended applications, e.g. to push or pull
   information between a Diameter client and server without alignment of
   application states and identification schemes with the Session-ID
   concept as utilized by the Diameter protocol.  The use of Diameter
   bulk signaling to enable transmission of multi-user context with a
   single or few messages for application state recovery after failure
   represents a further use case, which requires investigation on its
   impact to the Diameter base specification.  This document analyzes
   various use cases for Diameter bulk signaling and assesses practices
   to enable operation of such use cases from extended or new
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liebsch-dime-diameter-bulksig-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liebsch-dime-diameter-bulksig-00.txt