Subject: I-D Action: draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:07:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS Fast Re-route using extensions to LDP
	Author(s)       : Sriganesh Kini
                          Srikanth Narayanan
	Filename        : draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   LDP is widely deployed in MPLS networks to signal LSPs. Since LDP
   establishes LSPs along IGP routed paths, its failure recovery is
   gated by IGP&#39;s re-convergence. Mechanisms such as IPFRR and RSVP-TE
   based FRR have been used to provide faster re-route for LDP LSPs.
   However these techniques have significant complexity and/or may not
   have full coverage. In this document we describe a method to perform
   fast re-route of LDP LSPs. The goal is to have recovery
   characteristics similar to the methods in [RSVP-TE-FRR] without
   depending on additional protocols but at the same time provide full
   coverage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-01.txt