Subject: I-D Action: draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:52:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Ethernet VPN (E-VPN)
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          Clarence Filsfils
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   The widespread adoption of Ethernet L2VPN services and the advent of
   new applications for the technology (e.g. data center interconnect)
   have culminated in a new set of requirements that are not readily
   addressable by the current VPLS solution. In particular, multi-
   homing with all-active forwarding is not supported and there&#39;s no
   existing solution to leverage MP2MP LSPs for optimizing the delivery
   of multi-destination frames. Furthermore, the provisioning of VPLS,
   even in the context of BGP-based auto-discovery, requires network
   operators to specify various network parameters on top of the access
   configuration. This document specifies the requirements for an
   Ethernet VPN (E-VPN) solution which addresses the above issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-raggarwa-l2vpn-evpn-req-01.txt