Subject: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:14:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Wide BGP Communities Attribute
	Author(s)       : Robert Raszuk
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Shane Amante
                          Richard A Steenbergen
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Paul Jakma
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   Route tagging plays an important role in external BGP relations, in
   communicating various routing policies between peers.  It is also a
   very common best practice among operators to propagate various
   additional information about routes intra-domain.  The most common
   tool used today to attach various information about routes is through
   the use of BGP communities.

   Such information is important to allow BGP speakers to perform some
   mutually agreed upon actions without the need to maintain a separate
   offline database for each tuple of prefix and associated set of
   action entries.

   This document defines a new encoding which will enhance and simplify
   what can be accomplished today with the use of BGP communities.  The
   most important addition this specification makes over currently
   defined BGP communities is the ability to specify, carry as well as
   use for execution an operator&#39;s defined set of parameters.  It also
   provides an extensible platform for any new community encoding needs
   in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-02.txt