Subject: I-D Action: draft-litao-p2mpsmd-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:36:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : P2MP Streaming Media Delivery Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Tao. Li
                          Zhi Gang. Sun
                          Hui Wang
                          Chun Bo. Jia
	Filename        : draft-litao-p2mpsmd-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-12

   Currently, more and more Internet streaming services are getting
   increasingly popular among users.  Recent large-scale deployed delay-
   and loss-sensitive services, such as IPTV, impose stringent
   requirements to the streaming media delivery.  Streaming media
   service providers and operators have been struggling to make the QoE
   of the subscribers at a satisfactory level.  However, most of the
   existing P2MP streaming media delivery technologies, such as IP
   multicast, are far from ideal in the aspects of scalability,
   reliability and stability.  This document presents the problem
   statements in point to multipoint streaming media delivery, explains
   why network awareness and policy-based routing control should be
   urgently addressed for the point to multipoint streaming media
   delivery mechanism and introduces what should be further considered
   in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-litao-p2mpsmd-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-litao-p2mpsmd-problem-statement-01.txt