Subject: I-D Action: draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:48:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Supporting Shared Mesh Protection in MPLS-TP Networks
	Author(s)       : Ping Pan
                          Rajan Rao
                          Biao Lu
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Andy Malis
                          Sam Aldrin
                          Mohana Satya Srinivas Singamsetty
	Filename        : draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-07-11

        Shared mesh protection is a common protection and recovery mechanism
        in transport networks, where multiple paths can share the same set
        of network resources for protection purposes.

        In the context of MPLS-TP, it has been explicitly requested as a
        part of the overall solution (Req. 67, 68 and 69 in RFC5654 [1]).

        It&#39;s important to note that each MPLS-TP LSP may be associated with
        transport network resources. In event of network failure, it may
        require explicit activation on the protecting paths before switching
        user traffic over.

        In this memo, we define a lightweight signaling mechanism for
        protecting path activation in shared mesh protection-enabled MPLS-TP
        networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-02.txt