Subject: I-D Action: draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 02:19:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RO Extensions for PMIPv6-LR (ROEXT)
	Author(s)       : Michael Mathias Boc
                          Christophe Janneteau
                          Alexandru Petrescu
	Filename        : draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-07-13

   The communication path between two Hosts within a Proxy Mobile IPv6
   domain is artificially long - it involves the LMA, even if straight
   paths exist (under same MAG, or MAG-to-MAG).  Localized Routing
   PMIPv6-LR concepts developped by NETEXT WG make use of LRI/LRA
   messages to achieve optimized MAG-to-MAG straight paths.  This may
   prove inconvenient for the network operator, in that it may loose
   ability to control traffic (LMA control point is skipped).

   In this draft we present a middle-ground solution.  It employs new
   Intermediary Anchors (IAs) in the paths between MAGs and offers
   points of control of traffic useful for QoS and lawful interception.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-02.txt