Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 13:33:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridges: The ESADI Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops. TRILL
   supports VLANs and the multi-pathing of both unicast and multicast
   traffic.  TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System
   to Intermediate System) link state routing and encapsulating traffic
   using a header that includes a hop count. Devices that implement
   TRILL are called RBridges (Routing Bridges).

   The ESADI (End System Address Distribution Information) protocol is a
   VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way that RBridge can
   communicate end station addresses to each other.  An RBridge
   announcing VLAN-x connectivity (normally a VLAN-x forwarder) and
   running the TRILL ESADI protocol receives remote address information
   and/or transmits local address information for VLAN-x.  The purpose
   of this document is to improve the documentation of the ESADI
   protocol.  The ESADI RBridge instance states, DRB (Designated
   RBridge) election procedure, and ESADI sub-TLVs are specified in this
   document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-00.txt