Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:25:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stringprep Revision Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Marc Blanchet
                          Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings that expect comparison
   with other strings requires preparation of the string that contains
   the Unicode codepoints.  Internationalizing Domain Names in
   Applications (IDNA2003) defined and used Stringprep and Nameprep.
   Other protocols subsequently defined Stringprep profiles.  A new
   approach different from Stringprep and Nameprep is used for a
   revision of IDNA2003 (called IDNA2008).  Other Stringprep profiles
   need to be similarly updated or a replacement of Stringprep needs to
   be designed.  This document outlines the issues to be faced by those
   designing a Stringprep replacement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-03.txt