Subject: I-D Action: draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:51:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Some Measurements on World IPv6 Day from End-User Perspective
	Author(s)       : Ari Keranen
                          Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   During the World IPv6 Day on June 8th, 2011, several key content
   providers enabled their networks to offer both IPv4 and IPv6 service.
   Hundreds of organizations participated in this effort, and in the
   months and weeks leading up to the event worked hard on preparing
   their networks to support this event.  The event was largely
   unnoticed by the general public, which is a good thing as no major
   problems were detected.  For the Internet, however, there was a major
   change on such a small timescale.  This memo discusses measurements
   that the authors made from the perspective of an end-user with well-
   working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity.  Our measurements include the
   number of most popular networks providing AAAA records for their
   service as well as delay and connection failure statistics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-01.txt