Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 07:45:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Flow Aware Transport of Pseudowires over an MPLS Packet Switched Network
	Author(s)       : Stewart Bryant
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Ulrich Drafz
                          Vach Kompella
                          Joe Regan
                          Shane Amante
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-07-06

   Where the payload of a pseudowire comprises a number of distinct
   flows, it can be desirable to carry those flows over the equal cost
   multiple paths (ECMPs) that exist in the packet switched network.
   Most forwarding engines are able to generate a hash of the MPLS label
   stack and use this mechanism to balance MPLS flows over ECMPs.

   This document describes a method of identifying the flows, or flow
   groups, within pseudowires such that Label Switching Routers can
   balance flows at a finer granularity than individual pseudowires.
   The mechanism uses an additional label in the MPLS label stack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-07.txt