Subject: I-D Action: draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:52:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Updates to Referred-By in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
	Author(s)       : Salvatore Loreto
                          Adamu Haruna
	Filename        : draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   SIP Referred-By header field conveys the referrer identity of a
   request.  This header field may be used when exploding a SIP MESSAGE
   or a SIP INVITE request to a pre-defined group URI and the
   P-Asserted-Identity header field or From header field in the exploded
   SIP requests needs to carry another value (e.g. the URI of a pre-
   defined group, or a conference focus URI).  In those cases, the
   Referred-By header field in the resulting exploded requests is set to
   the P-Asserted-Identity or to the From header field value of the
   original SIP request received before exploding, so as to convey to
   the receiver the identity of the original inviting sender.

   RFC 3892 restricts the value of the header to only one SIP URI.
   However the P-Asserted-Identity header field currently allows two URI
   values and may be expanded in the future to carry more than two
   values as described in RFC5876.  This document extends the
   Referred-By definition to support more than one value as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-03.txt