Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-coap-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 04:18:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
	Author(s)       : Zach Shelby
                          Klaus Hartke
                          Carsten Bormann
                          Brian Frank
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-07.txt
	Pages           : 86
	Date            : 2011-07-08

   This document specifies the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP),
   a specialized web transfer protocol for use with constrained networks
   and nodes for machine-to-machine applications such as smart energy
   and building automation.  These constrained nodes often have 8-bit
   microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while networks
   such as 6LoWPAN often have high packet error rates and a typical
   throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  CoAP provides a method/response
   interaction model between application end-points, supports built-in
   resource discovery, and includes key web concepts such as URIs and
   content-types.  CoAP easily translates to HTTP for integration with
   the web while meeting specialized requirements such as multicast
   support, very low overhead and simplicity for constrained
   environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-coap-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-coap-07.txt