Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 08:50:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridge: Pseudonode Nickname
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Huawei technology
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   The Appointed Forwarder on a link for VLAN-x is the RBridge that
   ingresses native frames from the link and egresses native frames to
   the link in VLAN-x.  If the appointed forwarder for an end station is
   changed, the remote data traffic to the end station could fail.  This
   document is proposed to assign a nickname for pseudonode identifying
   a multi-access link to solve the issue.  When any appointed forwarder
   encapsulates a packet, it uses the pseudonode nickname as &quot;ingress
   nickname&quot; rather than its own nickname.  If it does, then if the
   appointed forwarder changes, or the DRB changes, and the pseudonode
   still uses the same nickname, then the remote RBridge caches won&#39;t
   need to change, and the data traffic to the end station would reach
   the link uninterruptedly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-00.txt