Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 22:01:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : FTP TYPE Extension for Internationalized Text
	Author(s)       : John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-07-10

   The traditional FTP protocol includes a TYPE command to specify the
   data representation.  That command has values for ASCII and EBCDIC
   text, plus binary (&quot;IMAGE&quot;) transmission.  As the Internet becomes
   more international, there is a growing requirement to be able to
   transmit textual data, encoded in Unicode, in a way that is
   independent of the coding and line representation forms of particular
   operating systems.  This memo specifies a new FTP representation TYPE
   value for Unicode data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-typeu-02.txt