Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 07:15:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Map-Versioning
	Author(s)       : Luigi Iannone
                          Damien Saucez
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-07-05

   This document describes the LISP Map-Versioning mechanism, which
   provides in-packet information about EID-to-RLOC mappings used to
   encapsulate LISP data packets.  The proposed approach is based on
   associating a version number to EID-to-RLOC mappings and transport
   such a version number in the LISP specific header of LISP-
   encapsulated packets.  LISP Map-Versioning is particularly useful to
   inform communicating xTRs about modifications of the mappings used to
   encapsulate packets.  The mechanism is transparent to legacy
   implementations, since in the LISP-specific header and in the Map
   Records, bits used for Map-Versioning can be safely ignored by xTRs
   that do not support the mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-02.txt