Subject: I-D Action: draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:03:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prefix Pool Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agents on Provider Edge Routers
	Author(s)       : Leaf Y. Yeh
                          Tina Tsou
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Juergen Schoenwaelder
                          Jie Hu
	Filename        : draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-07-25

   The DHCPv6 Prefix Pool option provides a mechanism for DHCPv6 Prefix
   Delegation (DHCPv6-PD), allowing the DHCPv6 server to notify a DHCPv6
   relay agent implemented on a Provider Edge (PE) router about active
   prefix pools allocated by the DHCPv6 server to the PE router.  The
   information of active prefix pools can be used to enforce IPv6 route
   aggregation on the PE router by adding or removing aggregated routes
   according to the status of the prefix pools.  The advertising of the
   aggregated routes in the routing protocol enabled on the network-
   facing interface of PE routers will dramatically decreases the number
   of the routing table entries in the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-05.txt