Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 23:56:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : Mukul Goyal
                          Emmanuel Baccelli
                          Matthias Philipp
                          Anders Brandt
                          Robert Cragie
                          Jerald Martocci
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-07-10

   Point to point (P2P) communication between arbitrary IPv6 routers in
   a Low power and Lossy Network (LLN) is a key requirement for many
   applications.  RPL, the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs, constrains
   the LLN topology to a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) and requires the
   P2P routing to take place along the DAG links.  Such P2P routes may
   be suboptimal and may lead to traffic congestion near the DAG root.
   This document specifies a P2P route discovery mechanism,
   complementary to the RPL base functionality.  This mechanism allows
   an IPv6 router to discover and establish, on demand, a route to
   another IPv6 router in the LLN such that the discovered route meets
   specified constraints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-04.txt