Subject: I-D Action: draft-freedman-pppext-ipv6-6rd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:24:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 6RD IPCP configuration option for PPP
	Author(s)       : David Freedman
                          Mark Townsley
	Filename        : draft-freedman-pppext-ipv6-6rd-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-07-25

   The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) (RFC1661) provides a standard
   method for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
   links.  PPP defines an extensible Link Control Protocol and a family
   of Network Control Protocols (NCPs) for establishing and configuring
   different network-layer protocols.

   This document extends the NCP for establishing and configuring the
   Internet Protocol over PPP (RFC1332), defining the negotiation of 6RD
   (RFC5969) Border Relay (BR) addresses.  While the authors believe one
   could use DHCP INFORM (RFC2131) to obtain the necessary 6RD
   parameters, this is simply an alternative which allows reuse of an
   existing PPP-based configuration infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freedman-pppext-ipv6-6rd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freedman-pppext-ipv6-6rd-00.txt