Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsou-gwinit-6rd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:22:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : &quot;Gateway-Initiated&quot; 6rd
	Author(s)       : Tina Tsou
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tom Taylor
                          Ole Troan
                          Qi Chen
	Filename        : draft-tsou-gwinit-6rd-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   This document proposes an alternative 6rd deployment model to that of
   RFC 5969.  The basic 6rd model allows IPv6 hosts to gain access to
   IPv6 networks across an IPv4 access network using 6-in-4 tunnels. 6rd
   requires support by a device (the 6rd-CE) on the customer site, which
   must also be assigned an IPv4 address.  The alternative model
   described in this document initiates the 6-in-4 tunnels from an
   operator-owned gateway collocated with the operator&#39;s IPv4 network
   edge, rather than from customer equipment.  The advantages of this
   approach is that it requires no modification to customer equipment
   and avoids assignment of IPv4 addresses to customer equipment.  The
   latter point means less pressure on IPv4 addresses in a high-growth
   environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-gwinit-6rd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-gwinit-6rd-00.txt