Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:59:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Automatic IP Multicast Tunneling
	Author(s)       : Dave Thaler
                          Mohit Talwar
                          Amit Aggarwal
                          Lorenzo Vicisano
                          Tom Pusateri
                          Thomas Morin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-11.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   Automatic IP Multicast Tunneling (AMT) allows multicast reception by
   isolated multicast-enabled sites or hosts, attached to a network
   which has no native multicast support.  It enables them to receive
   multicast traffic from the native multicast infrastructure without
   requiring any manual configuration.  AMT uses an encapsulation
   interface so that no changes to a host stack or applications are
   required, all protocols (not just UDP) are handled, and there is no
   additional overhead in core routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-11.txt