Subject: I-D Action: draft-reschke-ref-parsing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 02:41:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Processing potentially invalid URI and IRI References
	Author(s)       : Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-reschke-ref-parsing-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-07-03

   The parsing of Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs, RFC 3986) and
   Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs, RFC 3987) is defined in
   terms of Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF).  The ABNF grammars are
   defined in terms of valid identifiers, and thus technically do not
   address how to handle invalid ones.

   The URI specification however includes a note how to use Regular
   Expressions for parsing, and this note applies to invalid identifiers
   as well.  This document introduces terminology referring to
   potentially invalid identifiers, and demonstrates how the rules in
   the URI specification can be applied to them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-ref-parsing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-ref-parsing-00.txt