Subject: I-D Action: draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:15:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Non-Normative Synonyms in RFCs
	Author(s)       : Tony Hansen
                          D. Crocker
	Filename        : draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-01.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   Specifications can contain normative keywords, as defined in RFC
   2119, to signify requirements, permission or prohibitions.  They
   include MUST, SHOULD and MAY, which are commonly spelled in all
   CAPITALS (but need not be).  These words can also be used for non-
   normative purposes.  However when used within an RFC this is
   confusing, given their typical use as normative vocabulary, even when
   they do not formally have normative import.

   Several words and phrases are specified in this document for non-
   normative purposes as alternatives to the normative vocabulary of RFC
   2119.  Authors who follow these guidelines do NOT need to incorporate
   any declaration at the beginning of their document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-01.txt