Subject: I-D Action: draft-wenger-rtcweb-layered-codec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:08:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Case for Layered Codecs
	Author(s)       : Stephan Wenger
                          Alex Eleftheriadis
	Filename        : draft-wenger-rtcweb-layered-codec-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   RTCWEB is in the process of developing a protocol infrastructure and
   a browser API to support browser-to-browser real-time communication
   over IP.  Real-time communication necessarily requires the use of
   encoders and decoders (codecs) for media data.  The document
   advocates mandating support for a class of codecs known as scalable
   or layered codecs, for their superior network adaptivity, error
   resilience, and application adaptivity.  Examples are provided for
   use cases currently under discussion, focusing on video coding as
   the, perhaps, most challenging media type currently under
   consideration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wenger-rtcweb-layered-codec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wenger-rtcweb-layered-codec-00.txt