Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 00:48:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv4 Behavior over IP-IP tunnel
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Peng Wu
                          Jianping Wu
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   This document analyzes the scenario in which DHCPv4 interaction is
   performed over IP-IP tunnel, and proposes methods to keep DHCP
   working under such situation.  The main issue is encapsulation of
   DHCP packets on server side, and there are both in-protocol and out-
   of-protocol solutions for this issue.  The in-protocol solution is to
   have DHCP carrying the encapsulation address information, and the
   out-of-protocol solution is to have the DHCP server keeping track of
   the address mapping by inspecting DHCP packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-dhcp-over-tunnel-01.txt