Subject: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 05:50:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Deprecating Use of the &quot;X-&quot; Prefix in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          D. Crocker
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-26

   Historically, there has often been a perceived distinction between
   &quot;standard&quot; and &quot;non-standard&quot; parameters (such as media types and
   header fields), by prefixing the latter with the string &quot;X-&quot; or
   similar constructions (e.g., &quot;x.&quot;).

   In practice, this convention causes more problems than it solves.
   Therefore, this document deprecates the &quot;X-&quot; convention for most
   application protocol parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt