Subject: I-D Action: draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:11:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Fast Re-Route with Fast Notification
	Author(s)       : Andras Csaszar
                          Gabor Sandor Enyedi
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Sriganesh Kini
	Filename        : draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   This document describes a mechanism that provides IP fast reroute
   (IPFRR) by using a failure notification (FN) to nodes beyond the ones
   that first detect the failure (i.e. nodes that are directly connected
   to the failure point). The paths used when IPFRR-FN is active are in
   most cases identical to those used after Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP) convergence. The proposed mechanism can address all single node
   and link failures in an area and has been designed to allow traffic
   recovery traffic to happen quickly (The goal being to recover in
   under 50msec).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-01.txt