Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 14:48:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Bulk Re-registration Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Fuad Abinader
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Kent Leung
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Domagoj Premec
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-04.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-07-02

   For extending the lifetime of a mobility session, the Proxy Mobile
   IPv6 specification requires the mobile access gateway to send a Proxy
   Binding Update message to the local mobility agent on a per-session
   basis.  In the absence of signaling semantics for performing
   operations with group specific scope, it results in significant
   amount of signaling traffic on a periodic basis between a given
   mobile access gateway and a local mobility anchor.  This document
   defines an optimization to the re-registration and revocation
   operations in Proxy Mobile IPv6 for performing operations with group
   specific scope by allowing the use of a group identifier.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-04.txt