Subject: I-D Action: draft-karir-armd-statistics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 13:12:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Address Resolution Statistics
	Author(s)       : Manish Karir
                          Jim Rees
	Filename        : draft-karir-armd-statistics-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-07-01

   As large scale data centers continue to grow with an ever-increasing
   number of virtual and physical servers there is a need to re-
   evaluate performance at the network edge.  Performance is often
   critical for large scale data center scale applications and it is
   important to minimize any unnecessary latency or load in order to
   streamline the operation of services at such large scales.  To
   extract maximum performance from these applications it is important
   to optimize and tune all the layers in the data center stack.  One
   critical area that requires particular attention is the link-layer
   address resolution protocol that maps an IP address with the
   specific hardware address at the edge of the network.

   The goal of this document is to characterize this problem space in
   detail in order to better understand the scale of the problem as
   well as to identify particular scenarios where address resolution
   might have greater adverse impact on performance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karir-armd-statistics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karir-armd-statistics-00.txt