Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuarsingh-wireline-incremental-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:40:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Wireline Incremental IPv6
	Author(s)       : Victor Kuarsingh
	Filename        : draft-kuarsingh-wireline-incremental-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   Operators are currently challenged with enabling IPv6 within their
   networks while maintaing IPv4 connectivity beyond IPv4 address
   depletion.  In the Wireline world, this will often require the
   replacement of access network equipment and consumer equipment along
   with the uplift of the core network.  During the transition from the
   IPv4-Only service environment to the IPv6/IPv4 dual service
   environment, operators may often need to use multiple transition
   technologies and mechanisms to maintain services for their customer
   base.  This draft is set up to show how some Wireline provides
   (including Cable, DSL and Fibre) may accomplish this using
   tunnelling, translation and native IPv6 services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuarsingh-wireline-incremental-ipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuarsingh-wireline-incremental-ipv6-00.txt