Subject: I-D Action: draft-garcia-core-security-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:06:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things
	Author(s)       : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          RenA(C) Hummen
                          Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-garcia-core-security-02.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   A direct interpretation of the Internet of Things concept refers to
   the usage of standard Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing
   or thing-to-thing communication.  Although the security needs are
   well-recognized, it is still not fully clear how existing IP-based
   security protocols can be applied to this new setting.  This
   Internet-Draft first provides an overview of security architecture,
   its deployment model and general security needs in the context of the
   lifecycle of a thing.  Then, it presents challenges and requirements
   for the successful roll-out of new applications and usage of standard
   IP-based security protocols when applied to get a functional Internet
   of Things.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-core-security-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-core-security-02.txt