Subject: I-D Action: draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:14:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Generic Multiparty Transport Protocol (swift)
	Author(s)       : A. Bakker
	Filename        : draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   swift is a generic multiparty (swarming) transport protocol.

   TCP, today&#39;s dominating transport protocol, is connection/
   conversation-oriented. But traffic-wise, the currently dominating
   usecase is content dissemination. There is a multitude of
   incompatible approaches to resolve that discrepancy above/below the
   transport layer: peer-to-peer, CDN, caches, mirrors, multicast, etc.
   swift aims at creating a single unified content-centric transport
   protocol serving as a lingua franca of content distribution. To
   implement that ultimate data cloud model, the protocol has to unify
   use cases of data download, video-on-demand and live streaming. It
   must work in the settings of client-server, peer-to-peer, CDN or
   peer-assisted networks, effectively blending those architectures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-02.txt