Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:31:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Extensions for Route Target Distribution
	Author(s)       : Keyur Patel
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Martine Djernaes
                          Jie Dong
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-06-12

   The current route target distribution specification described in
   RFC4684 defines Route Target NLRIs of maxiumum length of 12 bytes.
   The IPv6 specific Route Target extended community is defined in
   RFC5701 as length of 20 bytes.  Since the current specification only
   supports prefixes of maximum length of 12 bytes, the lack of an IPv6
   specific Route Target reachability information may be a problem when
   an operator wants to use this application in a pure IPv6 environment.
   This document defines an extension that allows BGP to exchange longer
   length IPv6 Route Target prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-00.txt