Subject: I-D Action: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:55:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
	Author(s)       : Michael Montemurro
                          Andrew Allen
                          David McDonald
                          Paul Gosden
	Filename        : draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA and a sub namespace for the IMEI (International Mobile station
   Equipment Identity), and associated parameter for the IMEISV
   (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software Version
   number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the IMEISV is 16
   decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary Encoded Decimal
   (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
   specification for Global System for Mobile (GSM) and are also now
   incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) as part
   of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal Mobile
   Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term Evolution).
   The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile Equipment
   within these systems and are managed by the GSMA (GSM Association).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-07.txt