Subject: I-D Action: draft-gredler-bgp-te-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:24:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advertising Link-State Information in BGP
	Author(s)       : Hannes Gredler
                          Jan Medved
                          Stefano Previdi
	Filename        : draft-gredler-bgp-te-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   This document defines a new Border Gateway Protocol Network Layer
   Reachability Information (BGP NLRI) encoding format that can be used
   to distribute a network topologies&#39; link and node information.  Links
   can be either physical links connecting physical nodes, or virtual
   paths between physical or abstract nodes.  The network topology
   information is carried via the BGP, thereby reusing protocol
   algorithms, operational experience, and administrative processes,
   such as inter-provider peering agreements.

   The BGP protocol carrying Link State information would provide a
   well-defined, uniform, policy-controlled interface from the network
   to outside servers that need to learn the network topology in real-
   time, for example an ALTO Server or a Path Computation Server.
   Having Traffic Engineering (TE) information from remote areas and/or
   Autonomous Systems would allow path computation for inter-area and/or
   inter-AS source-routed unicast and multicast tunnels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gredler-bgp-te-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gredler-bgp-te-01.txt