Subject: I-D Action: draft-pdutta-mpls-mldp-up-redundancy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:13:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Upstream LSR Redundancy for Multi-point LDP Tunnels
	Author(s)       : Pranjal Kumar Dutta
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-pdutta-mpls-mldp-up-redundancy-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) can be used to set up Point-to-
   Multipoint (P2MP) and Multipoint-to-Multipoint (MP2MP) Label Switched
   Paths. The existing specification for this functionality assumes that
   a downstream LSR selects only one upstream LSR for a P2MP or MP2MP
   LSP. A Make-Before-Break (MBB) procedure in mLdp base specification
   [MLDP] for graceful upstream LSR change but that is not applicable
   when the upstream LSR node fails. As IPTV deployments grow in number
   and size, service providers are looking for solutions that minimize
   the service disruption due to such failures. This document describes
   a set of procedures that minimize packet loss when an upstream LSR
   node fails. This document does not change any specifications of mLdp
   protocol as defined in [MLDP] and so there are no inter-operability
   requirements for the procedures described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-mpls-mldp-up-redundancy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-mpls-mldp-up-redundancy-00.txt