Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 00:10:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lightweight 4over6 in access network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Qiong Sun
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Cathy Zhou
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-10

   The dual-stack lite mechanism provide an IPv4 access method over IPv6
   ISP network for end users.  Dual-Stack Lite enables a broadband
   service provider to share IPv4 addresses among customers by combining
   IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel and Carrier Grade NAT.  However, in dual-stack
   lite.  CGN has to maintain per-session address mapping, which could
   be a heavy burden, and produce high hardware cost as well as
   performance issue.  This draft propose the lightweight 4over6
   mechanism which moves the translation function from tunnel
   concentrator (AFTR) to initiators (B4s), and hence reduce the mapping
   scale on CGN to per-customer level.  For translation usage, the
   mechanism will allocate port restrcted IPv4 addresses to initiators
   in a flexible way independent of IPv6 network in the middle.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt