Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-core-sleepy-sensors-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:35:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Implementing Tiny COAP Sensors
	Author(s)       : Jari Arkko
                          Heidi-Maria Rissanen
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Zoltan Turanyi
                          Oscar Novo
	Filename        : draft-arkko-core-sleepy-sensors-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   The authors are developing COAP and IPv6-based sensor networks for
   environments where lightweight implementations, long battery
   lifetimes, and minimal management burden are important.  The memo
   shows how different communication models supported by COAP affect
   implementation complexity and energy consumption, far more so than
   mere changes in message syntax.  Our prototype implements a
   multicast-based IPv6, UDP, COAP, and XML protocol stack in less than
   50 assembler instructions.  While this extremely minimal
   implementation is suitable only for limited applications and makes a
   number of assumptions, the general conclusions point to need for
   further work in developing the COAP multicast and observation
   frameworks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-core-sleepy-sensors-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-core-sleepy-sensors-00.txt