Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:06:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Server Discovery
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
                          Nico Schwan
                          Michael Scharf
                          Haibin Song
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates that are able to provide a desired
   resource.

   Entities seeking guidance need to discover and possibly select an
   ALTO server to ask.  This is called ALTO server discovery.  This memo
   describes an ALTO server discovery mechanism based on several
   alternative mechanisms that are applicable in a diverse set of ALTO
   deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-01.txt