Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 06:41:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rationale for update to the IPv6 flow label specification
	Author(s)       : Shane Amante
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-07-05

   Various published proposals for use of the IPv6 flow label are
   incompatible with its original specification in RFC 3697.
   Furthermore, very little practical use is made of the flow label,
   partly due to some uncertainties about the correct interpretation of
   the specification.  This document discusses and motivates changes to
   the specification in order to clarify it, and to introduce some
   additional flexibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-07.txt