Subject: I-D Action: draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:50:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SFF Extensions for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   A mobile node with multiple radio interfaces running in single-radio
   mode will typically need IP address continuity as it migrates from
   one 4G wireless network to another; Mobile IPv6 is very well suited
   for that purpose.  For such mobile nodes using Mobile IP, mobility
   management by the home agent can be extended to provide necessary
   information about the Signal Forwarding Functions (SFFs) that have
   been defined for WiMAX and for eHSPA/CDMA networks.  In this
   document, we explain the operations required to support single-radio
   mobile nodes and specify new extensions to Mobile IPv6 Binding Update
   and Binding Acknowledgement for supporting ease of access between
   mobile nodes and SFFs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-mext-sffexts-00.txt