Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:15:03 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Happy Eyeballs:  Success with Dual-Stack Hosts

    Author(s)     : D. Wing, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-03.txt
    Pages         : 13
    Date          : 2011-07-11
    
   When the IPv4 server and path is working but the IPv6 server or IPv6
   path is down, a dual-stack client application experiences significant
   connection delay compared to an IPv4-only client.  This is
   undesirable because it causes the dual-stack client to have a worse
   user experience.  This document specifies requirements for algorithms
   that reduce this delay, and provides an example algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.