Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-bfd-interface-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:31:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Interface
	Author(s)       : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Zuliang Wang
                          Liang Guo
                          Marc Binderberger
	Filename        : draft-chen-bfd-interface-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   This document describes how application clients can request IP-based
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) sessions while either being
   IP agnostic themselves or while dealing with IP unnumbered
   interfaces.

   A dedicated well-known multicast IP address 224.XXX.XXX.XXX is used
   as the destination IP address of the BFD packets when running BFD for
   interface.  It allows for BFD sessions on interfaces that may have no
   IP addresses, either because the interface is unnumbered or because
   the layer 3 protocol status of the interfaces is not up yet.

   One application of BFD for interface is to run BFD over LAG/Bundle
   component links.  An example will be given in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-bfd-interface-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-bfd-interface-00.txt