Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-mif-api-extension-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:44:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MIF API consideration
	Author(s)       : Dapeng Liu
                          Ted Lemon
                          Yuri Ismailov
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-liu-mif-api-extension-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-07-10

   API (Application Program Interface) is an interface implemented by a
   software program that enables it to interact with other software.  In
   IP network communication area, Socket API is the de facto standard
   and is widely used in many systems.  Recently, multiple interfaces or
   multiple connection capable devices become more and more common.  But
   due to the limitation of the default route of the host and other
   issues such as DNS selection etc prevent the utilization of multiple
   interfaces/connections benefit.  Moreover, there is no API level
   support for the application developer to utilize the benefit of the
   host&#39;s multiple interfaces/connections.  Starting with the
   requirement of MIF API extension, this document describes a new set
   of abstraction APIs to provide additional services to applications
   running on hosts attached to multiple provisioning domains.  These
   services could assist advanced applications in having greater control
   over first-hop, source address and/or DNS selection issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mif-api-extension-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mif-api-extension-05.txt