Subject: I-D Action: draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:20:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridges: TRILL Data Encoding Optimizations
	Author(s)       : Radia Perlman
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Anoop Ghanwani
	Filename        : draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-07-02

   Under certain circumstances, it is possible to encode TRILL
   (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) Data frames so as to
   make more efficient use of communications links. TRILL is implemented
   by devices called RBridges (Routing Bridges) that implement the IETF
   TRILL standard.

   This document specifies two such optional optimizations.  One, called
   Compact Format, improves the compactness of encoding in the case
   where the link between two RBridges is a point-to-point Ethernet
   link.  The other, called Specific Addressing, optionally decreases
   the burden on multi-access links between RBridges, such as links
   consisting of a complex bridged LAN, when forwarding multi-
   destination TRILL Data frames and there is only one or a few next hop
   RBridges of interest.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-00.txt