Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-comparison-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:49:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Resource Identifiers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Equivalence and Canonicalization of Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
	Author(s)       : Larry Masinter
                          Martin Duerst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iri-comparison-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-08-13

   Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) are unicode strings
   used to identify resources on the Internet.  Applications that use
   IRIs often define a means of comparing two IRIs to determine when two
   IRIs are equivalent for the purpose of that application.  Some
   applications also define a method for &#39;canonicalizing&#39; or
   &#39;normalizing&#39; an IRI -- translating one IRI into another which is
   equivalent under the comparison method used.

   This document gives guidelines and best practices for defining and
   using IRI comparison, equivalence, normalization and canonicalization
   methods.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iri-comparison-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iri-comparison-00.txt