Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 09:45:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Host/Host Protocol for the ARPA Network

    Author(s)     : A. McKenzie
    Filename      : draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-00.txt
    Pages         : 32
    Date          : 2011-08-04
    
   This document reproduces the Host/Host Protocol developed by the ARPA
   Network Working Group during 1969, 1970 and 1971.  It describes a
   protocol used to manage communication between processes residing on
   independent Hosts.  It addresses issues of multiplexing multiple
   streams of communication over a single hardware interface including
   addressing, flow control, connection establishment/disestablishment,
   and other signaling.  It was the official protocol of the ARPA
   Network from January 1972 until the switch to TCP/IP in January 1983.
   It is offered as an "intended RFC" at this late date to help complete
   the historical record available through the RFC series.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.