Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:53:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter S-NAPTR Usage
	Author(s)       : Mark Jones
                          Jouni Korhonen
                          Lionel Morand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-08-03

   The Diameter base protocol specifies mechanisms whereby a given realm
   may advertise Diameter nodes and the supported transport protocol.
   However, these mechanisms do not reveal the Diameter applications
   that each node supports.  A peer outside the realm would have to
   perform a Diameter capability exchange with every node until it
   discovers one that supports the required application.  This document
   updates RFC3588 &quot;Diameter Base Protocol&quot; and describes an improvement
   using an extended format for the Straightforward-Naming Authority
   Pointer (S-NAPTR) Application Service Tag that allows for discovery
   of the supported applications without doing Diameter capability
   exchange beforehand.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-09.txt