Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tao-savi-savo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:45:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : OSPFv3-based Intra-Domain Source-Address Validation Implementation

    Author(s)     : T. Zijin
    Filename      : draft-tao-savi-savo-00.txt
    Pages         : 20
    Date          : 2011-08-31
    
   This memo describes SAVO SAVI, a source address validation mechanism
   for IPv6 networks based on the OSPFv3 protocol within Intra-Domain
   field. The proposed mechanism is intended to complement ingress
   filtering techniques to provide a higher granularity on the control
   of the forged source addresses and it can deal with the asymmetric
   routing for which the common uRPF scheme ([RFC2827]) may fail.

   The proposed SAVO mechanism does not need any additional
   communication between the routers in which the SAVO mechanism has
   been implemented and deployed. It can be incrementally deployed by
   the network manager and when it is only partially deployed it still
   helps to restrict the effect of the source address forging. It
   provides proactive incentives for the users who deploy it for they
   will be able to filter the packets with forged source address to a
   certain range, especially when the forged addresses are in the range
   of OSPF route prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tao-savi-savo-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.