Subject: I-D Action: draft-eddy-tcpm-addl-exp-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:30:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Additional TCP Experimental-Use Options
	Author(s)       : Wesley M. Eddy
	Filename        : draft-eddy-tcpm-addl-exp-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-08-15

   There have been multiple issues with the allocation of TCP option
   kind numbers recently.  Two of these issues, which this document
   attempts to address, are that there were only a small number of
   options reserved by RFC 4727 for experiment and test use in the RFC
   3692 style to begin with, and both of these have been used in
   shipping products.  This impacts the ability of other research and
   experimental efforts to develop and test running code since
   registration of other option numbers requires either IESG Approval or
   Standards Action.  This document proposes designation of additional
   experimental options in the IANA registry for TCP Option Kind
   Numbers, intended to resolve the possible barriers to using the
   existing RFC 3962 experimental-use options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eddy-tcpm-addl-exp-options-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eddy-tcpm-addl-exp-options-00.txt