Subject: I-D Action: draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:53:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPMR Speech Codec
	Author(s)       : Vladimir Sviridenko
                          Sergey Ikonin
                          Dmitry Yudin
	Filename        : draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-08-09

   This document describes IPMR, a scalable variable adaptive multi-
   rate speech and audio codec designed for use in IP based networks.
   This codec is suitable for real time communications such as
   telephony, voice&amp;video conferencing.Four different sampling
   frequencies are supported for encoding the audio input signal.
   Adaptation to network characteristics is provided through control of
   bitrate, packet rate, packet loss resilience and use of discontinuous
   transmission (DTX).
   IP-MR support different profiles for input signal content which
   should be specified during codec initialization. It can be in Speech,
   Audio or Auto-detection mode. In Auto-detection mode codec recognizes
   type of input content automatically and switch to appropriate Speech
   or Audio mode automatically.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spiritdsp-ipmr-01.txt