Subject: I-D Action: draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:20:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Profile for BGPSEC Router Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists, and Certification Requests
	Author(s)       : Mark Reynolds
                          Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-08-02

   This document defines a standard profile for X.509 certificates for
   the purposes of supporting validation of Autonomous System (AS) paths
   in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), as part of an extension to that
   protocol known as BGPSEC.  BGP is a critical component for the proper
   operation of the Internet as a whole.  The BGPSEC protocol is under
   development as a component to address the requirement to provide
   security for the BGP protocol.  The goal of BGPSEC is to design a
   protocol for full AS path validation based on the use of strong
   cryptographic primitives.  The end-entity (EE) certificates specified
   by this profile are issued under Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RPKI) Certification Authority (CA) certificates, containing the AS
   number extension, to routers within the Autonomous System (AS).  The
   certificate asserts that the router(s) holding the private key are
   authorized to send out secure route advertisements on behalf of the
   specified AS.  This document also profiles the Certificate Revocation
   List (CRL), profiles the format of certification requests, and
   specifies Relying Party certificate path validation procedures.  The
   document extends the RPKI; therefore, this documents updates the RPKI
   Resource Certificates Profile (draft-ietf-sidr-res-cert-profile).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turner-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-02.txt