Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 06:01:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Proactive Connectivity Verification, Continuity Check and Remote Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile
	Author(s)       : Dave Allan
                          George Swallow
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-08-09

   Continuity Check, Proactive Connectivity Verification and Remote
   Defect Indication functionalities are required for MPLS-TP OAM.

   Continuity Check monitors a label switched path for any loss-of-
   continuity defect. Connectivity Verification augments Continuity
   Check in order to provide confirmation that the desired source is
   connected to the desired sink. Remote defect indication enables an
   End Point to report, to its associated End Point, a fault or defect
   condition that it detects on a pseudo wire, label switched path or
   Section.

   This document specifies specific extensions to BFD and methods for
   proactive Continuity Check, Continuity Verification, and Remote
   Defect Indication for MPLS-TP label switched paths, pseudo wires and
   Sections using Bidirectional Forwarding Detection as extended by
   this memo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-06.txt