Subject: I-D Action: draft-asati-v6ops-dad-loopback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:15:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 DAD Enhancements for handling Layer1 Loopbacks
	Author(s)       : Rajiv Asati
                          Eli Dart
	Filename        : draft-asati-v6ops-dad-loopback-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-08-24

   It is a common practice to install a (soft or hard) loop on a
   circuit interface for various purposes (e.g. circuit turn-up test).
   However, this practice results in disabling IPv6 on an interface
   even after the loop is removed, due to the way IPv6 duplicate
   address detection is performed.

   This document describes a mechanism to allow IPv6 to self-heal after
   such a loop is placed &amp; removed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-v6ops-dad-loopback-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-v6ops-dad-loopback-00.txt