Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:00:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA) for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)
	Author(s)       : Christer Holmberg
                          Staffan Blau
                          Eric Burger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-08-26

   This document defines an Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)
   extension, Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA).  MSRP
   endpoints implement this extension to enable secure, end-to-end MSRP
   communication in networks where Middleboxes anchor the MSRP
   connection.  CEMA eliminates the need for Middleboxes to modify MSRP
   messages.  Modifying MSRP messages requires the Middlebox to read the
   message in plain text, exposing the message to attack.  The document
   also defines a Session Description Protocol (SDP) attribute, a=msrp-
   cema, that MSRP endpoints use to indicate support of the CEMA
   extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-00.txt