Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 07:22:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Distribution Protocol Extensions for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)       : Ina Minei
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Kireeti Kompella
                          Bob Thomas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-15.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2011-08-04

   This document describes extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol
   for the setup of Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint
   Label Switched Paths in Multi-Protocol Label Switching networks.
   These extensions are also referred to as Multipoint LDP.  Multipoint
   LDP constructs the P2MP or MP2MP Label Switched Paths without
   interacting with or relying upon any other multicast tree
   construction protocol.  Protocol elements and procedures for this
   solution are described for building such Label Switched Paths in a
   receiver-initiated manner.  There can be various applications for
   Multipoint Label Switched Paths, for example IP multicast or support
   for multicast in BGP/MPLS L3VPNs.  Specification of how such
   applications can use a LDP signaled Multipoint Label Switched Path is
   outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-15.txt