Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:15:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Testing Eyeball Happiness
    Author(s)     : F. Baker
    Filename      : draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-05.txt
    Pages         : 11
    Date          : 2011-08-17
    
   The amount of time it takes to establish a session using common
   transport APIs in dual stack networks and networks with filtering
   such as proposed in BCP 38 is a barrier to IPv6 deployment.  This
   note describes a test that can be used to determine whether an
   application can reliably establish sessions quickly in a complex
   environment such as dual stack (IPv4+IPv6) deployment or IPv6
   deployment with multiple prefixes and upstream ingress filtering.
   This test is not a test of a specific algorithm, but of the external
   behavior of the system as a black box.  Any algorithm that has the
   intended external behavior will be accepted by it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.