Subject: I-D Action: draft-bittau-tcp-crypt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:53:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Cryptographic protection of TCP Streams (tcpcrypt)
	Author(s)       : Andrea Bittau
                          Dan Boneh
                          Mike Hamburg
                          Mark Handley
                          David Mazieres
                          Quinn Slack
	Filename        : draft-bittau-tcp-crypt-01.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2011-08-29

   This document presents tcpcrypt, a TCP extension for
   cryptographically protecting TCP segments.  Tcpcrypt maintains the
   confidentiality of data transmitted in TCP segments against a passive
   eavesdropper.  It can be used to protect already established TCP
   connections against denial-of-service attacks involving injection of
   forged RST segments or desynchronizing of sequence numbers.  Finally,
   applications that perform authentication can obtain end-to-end
   confidentiality and integrity guarantees by tying authentication to
   tcpcrypt Session ID values.

   The extension defines two new TCP options, CRYPT and MAC, which are
   designed to provide compatible interworking with TCPs that do not
   implement tcpcrypt.  The CRYPT option allows hosts to negotiate the
   use of tcpcrypt and establish shared secret encryption keys.  The MAC
   option carries a message authentication code with which hosts can
   verify the integrity of transmitted TCP segments.  Tcpcrypt is
   designed to require relatively low overhead, particularly at servers,
   so as to be useful even in the case of servers accepting many TCP
   connections per second.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bittau-tcp-crypt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bittau-tcp-crypt-01.txt