Subject: I-D Action: draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:17:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Host/Host Protocol for the ARPA Network
	Author(s)       : Alexander McKenzie
                          Steve Crocker
	Filename        : draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-08-08

   This document reproduces the Host/Host Protocol developed by the ARPA
   Network Working Group during 1969, 1970 and 1971.  It describes a
   protocol used to manage communication between processes residing on
   independent Hosts.  It addresses issues of multiplexing multiple
   streams of communication over a single hardware interface including
   addressing, flow control, connection establishment/disestablishment,
   and other signaling.  It was the official protocol of the ARPA
   Network from January 1972 until the switch to TCP/IP in January 1983.
   It is offered as an &quot;intended RFC&quot; at this late date to help complete
   the historical record available through the RFC series.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt