Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 01:18:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs
	Author(s)       : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Ping Pan
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-08-04

   The Pseudowire FEC sub-TLVs for the Target FEC Stack in the LSP Ping
   mechanism are implicitly defined for IPv4 Provider Edge (PEs)
   routers.  There is, however, a degree of potential ambiguity in the
   specification of these sub-TLVs since the address family is not
   specified but could be inferred from the length.  This document
   updates RFC4379 to explicitly constraint these sub-TLVs for IPv4 LDP
   sessions, and extends Pseudowire LSP Ping to the IPv6 scenario where
   an IPv6 LDP session is used to signal the Pseudowire (i.e., where the
   Sender&#39;s and Receiver&#39;s IP addresses are IPv6 addresses.)  This is
   done by defining two new LSP Ping sub-TLVs for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-00.txt