Subject: I-D Action: draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:15:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Using BGP for Auto-discovery and Signaling
	Author(s)       : Kireeti Kompella
                          Bhupesh Kothari
                          Rao Cherukuri
	Filename        : draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-07.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-08-02

   Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs) based on Frame Relay or ATM
   circuits have been around a long time; more recently, Ethernet VPNs,
   including Virtual Private LAN Service, have become popular.
   Traditional L2VPNs often required a separate Service Provider
   infrastructure for each type, and yet another for the Internet and IP
   VPNs.  In addition, L2VPN provisioning was cumbersome.  This document
   presents a new approach to the problem of offering L2VPN services
   where the L2VPN customer&#39;s experience is virtually identical to that
   offered by traditional Layer 2 VPNs, but such that a Service Provider
   can maintain a single network for L2VPNs, IP VPNs and the Internet,
   as well as a common provisioning methodology for all services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-07.txt