Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:10:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP
	Author(s)       : Srihari R. Sangli
                          Enke Chen
                          Rex Fernando
                          John G. Scudder
                          Yakov Rekhter
	Filename        : draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-08-29

   This document describes a mechanism for BGP that would help minimize
   the negative effects on routing caused by BGP restart.  An End-of-RIB
   marker is specified and can be used to convey routing convergence
   information.  A new BGP capability, termed &quot;Graceful Restart
   Capability&quot;, is defined that would allow a BGP speaker to express its
   ability to preserve its forwarding state during BGP restart, as well
   as to convey its intention of generating the End-of-RIB marker upon
   the completion of its initial routing update.  Finally, procedures
   are outlined for temporarily retaining routing information across a
   TCP session termination/re-establishment.

   The mechanisms described in this document are applicable to all
   routers, both those with the ability to preserve the forwarding state
   during BGP restart and those without (although the latter need to
   implement only a subset of the mechanisms described in this
   document).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt