Subject: I-D Action: draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:20:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Default Router List Option for DHCPv6 (DRLO)
	Author(s)       : Maximilien Mouton
                          Alexandru Petrescu
                          Christophe Janneteau
	Filename        : draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-08-02

   Neighbor Discovery protocol is currently considered as the best way
   for providing a default router to a client in IPv6 networks,
   typically using a Default Router List.  Hence it was not considered
   necessary for DHCPv6 to have this feature.  But, recently, some
   deployment scenarios expressed a need not to use Neighbor Discovery
   mechanisms.  This draft specifies a new DHCPv6 option providing data
   necessary for a Client&#39;s Default Router List (address, lifetime, MAC
   address) (indirectly, through the Neighbour Cache).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-00.txt