Subject: I-D Action: draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:19:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Securing HTTP State Management Information
	Author(s)       : Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Paul E. Jones
	Filename        : draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-08-21

   Virtually every application on the web today that allows a user to
   log in or manipulate information stored on a server maintains some
   form of state management information.  Usually, the session context
   is established through the use of a Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
   parameter or a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) cookie that
   identifies the session.  Without the use of Transport Layer Security
   (TLS), such an information exchange introduces a security risk.  For
   a variety of reasons, TLS may not be desired or preferred in all
   situations and, in those cases, users are left vulnerable.  This
   memo provides a simple method for enabling secure exchange of state
   management information through HTTP in situations where TLS is not
   employed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salgueiro-secure-state-management-05.txt