Subject: I-D Action: draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:41:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Policy Signaling for Multi-access Mobility
	Author(s)       : Rajeev Koodli
                          Kuntal Chowdhury
	Filename        : draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-08-30

   The mobile nodes are increasingly capable of simultaneous multi-radio
   connectivity.  This allows them to be attached to the Internet
   through multiple access technologies at the same time.  With such
   multi-access, the mobile node (MN) can make use of the best-available
   access technology for a particular application at any given time.
   And, the network may be able to balance the flow of traffic across
   the available access technologies.  The Mobile IPv6 flow binding work
   provides a mechanism for the MN to signal the Home Agent to balance
   the flows based on the MN&#39;e needs.  This document specifies a simple
   protocol for a mobile IP gateway (such as a Mobile IP Home Agent or a
   Proxy Mobile IP Local Mobility Anchor) to signal the MN of gateway&#39;s
   policy for traffic treatment across access technologies.  Based on
   the response and the prevailing network conditions, the gateway then
   balances the traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koodli-policy-multiaccess-mobility-01.txt