Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:07:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs
	Author(s)       : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Ping Pan
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Rajiv Asati
	Filename        : draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-08-16

   Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping
   and Traceroute mechanisms are commonly used to detect and isolate
   data plane failures in all MPLS LSPs including Pseudowire (PW) LSPs.
   The PW LSP Ping and Traceroute elements, however, are not specified
   for IPv6 address usage.

   Specifically, the Pseudowire FEC sub-TLVs for the Target FEC Stack in
   the LSP Ping and Traceroute mechanism are implicitly defined only for
   IPv4 Provider Edge (PEs) routers, and are not applicable for the case
   where PEs use IPv6 addresses.  There is, additionally, a degree of
   potential ambiguity in the specification of these sub-TLVs since the
   address family is not explicitly specified but it is to be inferred
   from the sub-TLV length.

   This document updates RFC4379 to explicitly constraint these existing
   PW FEC sub-TLVs for IPv4 LDP sessions, and extends Pseudowire LSP
   Ping to the IPv6 scenario where an IPv6 LDP session is used to signal
   the Pseudowire (i.e., where the Sender&#39;s and Receiver&#39;s IP addresses
   are IPv6 addresses.)  This is done by defining two new LSP Ping sub-
   TLVs for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-01.txt