Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:15:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
    Author(s)     : K. Moriarty
    Filename      : draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt
    Pages         : 70
    Date          : 2011-08-26
    
This document provides minor updates to Real-time Inter-network
   Defense (RID) [RFC6045].  Network security incidents, such as system
   compromises, worms, viruses, phishing incidents, and denial of
   service, typically result in the loss of service, data, and resources
   both human and system.  Network providers and Computer Security
   Incident Response Teams need to be equipped and ready to assist in
   communicating and tracing security incidents with tools and
   procedures in place before the occurrence of an attack.  Real-time
   Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a proactive inter-network
   communication method to facilitate sharing incident handling data
   while integrating existing detection, tracing, source identification,
   and mitigation mechanisms for a complete incident handling solution.
   Combining these capabilities in a communication system provides a way
   to achieve higher security levels on networks.  Policy guidelines for
   handling incidents are recommended and can be agreed upon by a
   consortium using the security recommendations and considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.